Lets talk about the new Gem conversion [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Why can’t new people learn the system 3.5 million users used…

Why are new players always dumb people in A-Net’s eyes,

Why do people who played this from the start always get ‘helped’ by your new inventions? Well my cat got ‘helped’ as well and he can’t do what he liked anymore as well…

Why do you think everthing which is usefull becomes a disaster atm?

I will give you a direct and simple answer.

I would have liked the developers time to have been in the develoment of the user interface of the add-ons for the ‘not-existing’ map extension(s), guild halls, expansion, LS, dungeons, raids, introduction of new races characters, new wvw maps/ interfaces…. but not a conversion page that doesn’t help the players, but only A-Net, because that’s what it feels like at this moment. And I really doubt other players feel different….

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Hey there,

Here are a few tidbits from the team:

• A lot of newer players had trouble with the interface. That doesn’t apply to you, you’re veterans who have been around the conversion block a time or two. But newer players will benefit from the updated system.
  • The goal was to make the Gem Store more like other shopping experiences, and if you think about it, there is more of that feel to it now.
  • You may be surprised to know this (I know I was) but very few people bought gems at smaller denominations than the first one offered in the new system. That’s not to say they never did, nor that there wouldn’t be the desire to do so. But overall, the current options were selected based on player purchases in the past.
  • The team is going to listen to your feedback and, if and when it’s practical and desirable, they can look towards adjusting the new system to better meet your needs.

So please keep your thoughts coming on the new system. Feel free to make suggestions but please, keeping them constructive would be very much appreciated.

Ok so Arenanet pulls out another “new players complaining” out of the hat.
I say lets all start urging these so called new players to put in tickets that they all like legendary weapons and precursors not dropping, maybe Arenanet will listen to them and implement this in next patch to have 100% drop rate with less mat requirements to make them

On another note, i turned on pc this morning played for a bit then pops a message:

Arenanet: A new build will be available in 10 mins.
Player Chat goes: What have they broken now???

Then “sweet a nice dress”…..then wait few minutes and its like “wtf happened to this exchange window”…then it went all sour and i just logged off.

Simply put it, the reason why Arenanet never checks with players before implementing something is that they know these things will not be accepted by players, so they simply force it on us. They are not worried, cos you bought the game they got paid, anything after they get out of your wallet is bonus.

By simply ranting here does nothing, they just don’t give a kitten. Its just too much of a big ask for a dev to pull the finger out and go fix something thats broken….let me hint you something “Traits”, over 6months now. But they too busy fixing things for new players that aren’t broken but are just “too hard” for them.

it was never about new players, the amount of successful transactions must have totally eclipsed complaints.

the new player/help confused is a red herring, dont fall for it

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

Well, I don’t buy gems often, but when i do, I like to specify exactly how much. This will probably drive me away from buying any in the future though.

#ELEtism 4ever

Posted by: DarkMagister.7429

DarkMagister.7429

Came to this game as a counterpart to those, squeezing money off players on every corner. Now this game coming the same direction. Maybe I’d better find another game with more reasonable devs? Or return to the game when things like this resulted in CEO’s “Excuse us” letters.

Posted by: kins.3294

kins.3294

Why can’t new people learn the system 3.5 million users used…

Why are new players always dumb people in A-Net’s eyes,

Why do people who played this from the start always get ‘helped’ by your new inventions? Well my cat got ‘helped’ as well and he can’t do what he liked anymore as well…

Why do you think everthing which is usefull becomes a disaster atm?

I will give you a direct and simple answer.

I would have liked the developers time to have been in the develoment of the user interface of the add-ons for the ‘not-existing’ map extension(s), guild halls, expansion, LS, dungeons, raids, introduction of new races characters, new wvw maps/ interfaces…. but not a conversion page that doesn’t help the players, but only A-Net, because that’s what it feels like at this moment. And I really doubt other players feel different….

Anet thinks that they are dumb because they themselves cannot figure it out.Aka. They fixed it for themselves.

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Seeing how everyone absolutely loves this change, I can imagine people dropping dead from sheer bliss once the Wintersday patch hits live!
Keep it up, guyz, you’re doing great!
Yahoo

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

phys.7689

Came to this game as a counterpart to those, squeezing money off players on every corner. Now this game coming the same direction. Maybe I’d better find another game with more reasonable devs? Or return to the game when things like this resulted in CEO’s “Excuse us” letters.

the reality is whatever monetization strategy is used will effect game development/priorities. The game is buy to play, but since that money is long gone, they concentrate on the gemstore, and people not returning the game fast.

Essentially as long as they dont sell new products, the bias will be towards an f2p like system the further out they get from initial sales.

Posted by: Wizzlock.3492

Wizzlock.3492

Well – I guess Anet needs to ingratiate to new players. If even percentage of veterans feels as much insulted as I am, they stopped playing long time ago and the numbers have dropped. Oh how they dropped (balls). Not that we ever gonna see any statistics about it.
Still – reading forums, just to see how deeply devs pants are on fire is a lot of fun

(edited by Wizzlock.3492)

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

This was a terrible change. I have no idea how people can be this bad that they would get confused by the old system but they should find a way to bring it back.

Maybe have both systems – for more advanced players an option you can select and it’ll show the slider.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Gecko.3967

Gecko.3967

Can you bring back the old system please? I want to decide the amount of gems i buy. Thank you. -.-

Posted by: raubvogel.5071

raubvogel.5071

The system would be ok if they would have added it as a new feature to the old system.

It would be perfect if you can choose from this new one or do it manually like in the old system.

Posted by: Poisonwell.1209

Poisonwell.1209

Dont you see it? Anet force you to BUY gems with “real money” Not with gold. that all about.

New players are FORCED to buy gems with cash no with gold.

Suggestion:

• Add a custom buttom for the desired quantity
  • Bring back the graphic

Problem solved!

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

I have 50 gems I wanted to convert 150gems so I could buy the 200gem item, currently that’s not possible.
Additionally no one is buying the new player’s were confused if they are so incompetent that they can’t figure out basic currency conversion they are not qualified to play an MMO.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

Poisonwell.1209

Well, I don’t buy gems often, but when i do, I like to specify exactly how much. This will probably drive me away from buying any in the future though.

That all they want, Anet force you to BUY gems with “real money” Not with gold. that all about.

New players are FORCED to buy gems with cash no with gold.

(edited by Poisonwell.1209)

Posted by: Decado.9304

Decado.9304

You know, just for once, i’d kinda like you to just be honest and say

“We’ve designed this new system to squeeze and screw the most money out of you that we can but don’t worry we’ll send Gale Gray along to fluster and treat you like carp till the dust settles aaaaaaaaand we’ll put another costume and salvaging tool into the trading house. Go us!!!

ps we will also ignore 99% of the stuff that’s needed fixed for years because we cant find a way to monetise it"

And for Miss sarcastic CS person

Have an option for user defined number of gems/gold so that i can convert any number from 1 to a Anetillion, dependant on what amount i need to buy what item(s) i want. Yes have predefined quantities for speed but not having user input option is just an exceptionally bad design which shows how little thought your devs put into what the game needs and how much you put into what it needs to wring the most cash out of your players

Posted by: sephard.2470

sephard.2470

I just don’t understand how new players can possible use TICKETS and the SUPPORT but not freaking understand the UI for gem-gold exchanges?
I didn’t figure out how to use support for a year … an by the way, how the hell can a “new player” have 75 gold to convert to gems? This is ridiculous.

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

74 Days – 860 hours logged

Was not confused by any of the interface options when I brought the game, but I sure as eggs am baffled at the radical changes that have been made since, I used to rely on the gem store to get upgrades and costumes and anything else I desired, also converting gems -> gold to help speed some in game things up crafting mainly.

After this even I will not touch it period, play yes because like EVERY poster in this thread loves the game.

I would like to ask a question; Why does Arenanet need NCSoft, what is it they do exactly?

They are a subsidiary of NCsoft and they act as publisher for Anet as well, if I’m not mistaken.

Where as a games like Aion or Lineage NCsoft is the developer and publisher.

Thanks for your reply, I am just wondering if it would better this outrage was focused at the right party that dreamed up this monstrosity, of course we’ll never really know where this idea came from, but I’m certainly not buying the ‘new player’ excuse, I would buy that NCSoft handed this down as a requirement, but just how much control do they have over Arenanet.

Personal opinion Arenanet don’t need NCSoft and should pack up their collective toys and do it themselves, they are quite a capable bunch.

Server: Gate of Madness

Posted by: Jade Arkadian.9280

Jade Arkadian.9280

Hope they will realise that this kind of changes are senseless and only serves to angry their existing community.

You say youy are betting on “new players”, but the reality is that there is no reason this game is having new players.
Also I believe that’s a lie, and you changed the way the gems are bought with gold just to persuade players to buy them with real cash.
(I was a n00b once too and I don’t recall having any issues buying gems with golds….)

No expansion, Huge gaps between LS content, crappy NPE update…and now this?

This game is heading the wrong way.

(edited by Jade Arkadian.9280)

Posted by: Sailsd.9245

Sailsd.9245

Btw: I was seriously confused with the interface.

Which side exchanges gems for gold?

Which side exchanges gold for gems?

After figuring this out:

Why is the “Buy More Gems” button under the “exchange gold for gems” side?

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

I’m a fan of GW2 since early start and have tried to look at things positively, even things I don’t necessarily agree with since I have always taken the approach of playing a game as challenging my self against what the dev’s have made for me. However a lot of changes this year have been in my opinion, terrible, while under the guise of helping new player learn and experience the game (something I welcome), I don’t see a graduation point, it feels like instead of making a staircase to help new players climb up, you have simply demolished the first few floors to lower the upper level and keep it there.

From the trait system to the leveling system and now the gem conversion, which by itself is a small to little concern really. However it ties into a bigger pattern of undesirability, the fact that a change in the system that takes away the freedom of choice from the players, when it could have just been added too and not remove and replace. I am not a programmer so I don’t know how intricate and hard it would have been to just add the new limited option and at the bottom, top, or sides to leave a manual input for the players who have already been exchanging gems and know what they want to do with it. I’m not entirely sure how that could complicate things further, new players can readily convert the amount desired and old players can use the old system as they like.

[DONE]

Posted by: Ray.2167

Ray.2167

Wake up! This change was only made for getting more real money from the customers , it’s not related to their interests, absolutly not. Motto is: gaining more real cash. That is the truth!

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Was not confused by any of the interface options when I brought the game, but I sure as eggs am baffled at the radical changes that have been made since, I used to rely on the gem store to get upgrades and costumes and anything else I desired, also converting gems -> gold to help speed some in game things up crafting mainly.

After this even I will not touch it period, play yes because like EVERY poster in this thread loves the game.

I would like to ask a question; Why does Arenanet need NCSoft, what is it they do exactly?

They are a subsidiary of NCsoft and they act as publisher for Anet as well, if I’m not mistaken.

Thanks for your reply, I am just wondering if it would better this outrage was focused at the right party that dreamed up this monstrosity, of course we’ll never really know where this idea came from, but I’m certainly not buying the ‘new player’ excuse, I would buy that NCSoft handed this down as a requirement, but just how much control do they have over Arenanet.

Personal opinion Arenanet don’t need NCSoft and should pack up their collective toys and do it themselves, they are quite a capable bunch.

I’d say they have quite a bit of control, seeing as they literally own the whole of Arenanet just like Microsoft owns the Xbox division. Asking Anet to pack up and leave would be like asking your cat to do the same. So unfortunately, we’re stuck with NCSoft as long as they own Arenanet.

Posted by: NewFace.2964

NewFace.2964

because 90% of the playerpool are?

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I don’t know if it’s still true but at one point in time anet said that NCsoft does not influence what does or does not go into the game. They said that around the time the game was first out.

I don’t know if it was true when they said it and if it was I don’t know if that’s changed since then, though.

Poisonwell.1209

This system has been designed to draw more attention. Basically you can now have a quick count how much cost you a precursor weapon (What everyone needs) 4x Game Card 2000 Gems

With 4 Game Card you get around 1440 Gold to buy a legend.

A new way of selling

phys.7689

I don’t know if it’s still true but at one point in time anet said that NCsoft does not influence what does or does not go into the game. They said that around the time the game was first out.

yeah people like to blame ncsoft for everything, but its unlikely that ncsoft is that hands on with the anet subsidiary.
i mean they may say something like, we didnt like your numbers last quarter, but i doubt they make policy overall

Posted by: Shikigami.4013

Shikigami.4013

The new system looks like it was made for a game played on smartphones. These tend to only have those super simplified buttons to buy game currency.

I don’t believe there was a significant enough number of people who had problems with the old system to justify the money and effort needed to change it. The reason for the change was to get more money out of the players, and the way it was pulled off and then sugarcoated as being easier and for “new players” is disgusting.

This practice makes me NOT want to shop at the gemstore at all, no matter how many gems I can buy or convert.

As for asking for feedback or suggestions: It has to be painfully obvious what the players want. You really need to ask this? Just give back what you took away, easy as that.

Youtube “L2villagejester”.
People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

Poisonwell.1209

I just don’t understand how new players can possible use TICKETS and the SUPPORT but not freaking understand the UI for gem-gold exchanges?
I didn’t figure out how to use support for a year … an by the way, how the hell can a “new player” have 75 gold to convert to gems? This is ridiculous.

white lie?

(edited by Poisonwell.1209)

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

I don’t know if it was true when they said it and if it was I don’t know if that’s changed since then, though.

If true then we’re firing in the right direction, if not we need to re-aim.

Server: Gate of Madness

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

Sigh

Just a standard restriction of flexibility here.

I appreciate how active you are, Gaile (and straightforward too) but I feel that the change is basically “We did stuff because it’ll be better for us – and the comprimise is that it won’t be so flexible for you”…

If the devs do eventually end up changing this, I’ll feel like this is just another case of Anet’s lack of foresight. Even with all the metrics, it seems the lack of foresight is – an unfortunately, negative – trait I’m seeing all to often.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

yeah people like to blame ncsoft for everything, but its unlikely that ncsoft is that hands on with the anet subsidiary.
i mean they may say something like, we didnt like your numbers last quarter, but i doubt they make policy overall

And (un)fortunately for us GW2 would likely not exist without NCsoft. They’re the ones that footed the bills for Anet for the 5+ years the game was in development.

Posted by: ChairmanHez.9537

ChairmanHez.9537

Luckily there is a simple solution, if ArenaNet wishes to execute it.

If they insist on having this overly simplified interface for new players or whatever, simply add a button to allow us to toggle back to the old interface.

I for one miss being able to spend any amount of gold I want on gems (otherwise said: buy any amount of gems I want with gold) and the history graph was incredibly useful.

Posted by: Jenigma.2316

Jenigma.2316

To keep it short: I don’t like the new exchange.

Posted by: steelwolf.9864

steelwolf.9864

This change is pretty unwarranted. The previous system was 100% flexible to players needs and adding pointless restrictions is always a downgrade, why couldn’t the buttons for quick exchanges be added to the old system?

Posted by: DarkMagister.7429

DarkMagister.7429

the reality is whatever monetization strategy is used will effect game development/priorities. The game is buy to play, but since that money is long gone, they concentrate on the gemstore, and people not returning the game fast.

Essentially as long as they dont sell new products, the bias will be towards an f2p like system the further out they get from initial sales.

I’m all for ANet to make money, really. But when it is done in a way I fill being spit in the face – I’d consider them being not my money, not my time (spent in-game on gold for gems).

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

ArenaNet is spreading so much bullkitten with their game now I don’t even know what to do anymore.

I stopped playing during the middle of season 2 because of so bad and slow updated, and it doesn’t even look better, they keep doing random kitten like this and seem to have no clue what to do with their game anymore.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

If the devs do eventually end up changing this, I’ll feel like this is just another case of Anet’s lack of foresight. Even with all the metrics, it seems the lack of foresight is – an unfortunately, negative – trait I’m seeing all to often.

The conspiracy theory says it’s not “lack of foresight” but a “change as we need, step back a bit if too much backlash to please the community” method which people mentioned during the commander tag, NPE and TP2.0 improvements.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Auger.1790

Auger.1790

• A lot of newer players had trouble with the interface. That doesn’t apply to you, you’re veterans who have been around the conversion block a time or two. But newer players will benefit from the updated system.

I’m fine with changes made to make things simpler for new players.

I’m not okay with being forced to use dumbed-down versions of everything that worked fine for me because some people can’t handle complexity.

This is how I feel:

“The year was 2081, and everybody was finally equal. They weren’t only equal before God and the law. They were equal in every which way. Nobody was smarter than anyone else. … All the equality was due … to the unceasing vigilance of agents of the United States Handicapper General. …
It was in that clammy month that the H-G men took George and Hazel Bergeron’s fourteen-year-old son, Harrison, away.
It was tragic, all right, but George and Hazel couldn’t think about it very hard. Hazel had perfectly average intelligence, which meant she couldn’t think about anything except in short bursts. And George, while his intelligence was way above normal, had a little mental handicap radio in his ear. He was required by law to wear it at all time. It was tuned to a government transmitter. Every twenty seconds or so, the transmitter would sound out some sharp noise to keep people like George from taking unfair advantage of their brains.”
-Harrison Bergeron, by Kurt Vonnegut
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrison_Bergeron

This.

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

It is not done to push people to buy with cash. They have similar kittened system to buy gems with cash. They did this to screw people with uneven amount and push people to buy more gems than they need.
Lets not forget that this didn’t only change the gold to gem. The gem to gold is immensely screwed too. 448 gems for 50 gold for example. This make you get uneven without ever being able to buy just the amount you need to get something.

Posted by: Krasipeace.1589

Krasipeace.1589

Hey there,

• The goal was to make the Gem Store more like other shopping experiences, and if you think about it, there is more of that feel to it now.
  • You may be surprised to know this (I know I was) but very few people bought gems at smaller denominations than the first one offered in the new system. That’s not to say they never did, nor that there wouldn’t be the desire to do so. But overall, the current options were selected based on player purchases in the past.
  • The team is going to listen to your feedback and, if and when it’s practical and desirable, they can look towards adjusting the new system to better meet your needs.

So please keep your thoughts coming on the new system. Feel free to make suggestions but please, keeping them constructive would be very much appreciated.

Well, i am kinda new player too, and when i started this game i shared alot of info to my gaming friends from the game i played before. One of the things that made me excited and happy, when i start playing, was the conversion system from in game gold to cash gold (a.k.a. gems) and verse.
Now i might be a little rude, but the new system seems very stupid to me, the player is limited to few offers and can’t get what he wants from the shop. I also dont see a reason to not keeping the old system – you write what you want to exchange and you get it right away ( ex.: i have 154G and i get XX gems for it).
Think about it Anet, it could be just a line or two lines in the whole interface, and whoever gets confused with it, well they will have the newly added buttons…. But the version now is really bad… really.

(edited by Krasipeace.1589)

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Really? You’re 100% certain there’s never been such a post? Good for you, then!

That is what they name a hyperbole. Acting as if a hyperbole should be taken literally in order to disproof another’s persons statement is never a good defense.

Posted by: Tarmac.5143

Tarmac.5143

The old system worked absolutely fine and needed no change whatsoever.

Trying to pin this nasty change on a new player experience is really really lame.

That analogy to regular shopping is absolute….. jeez…. I don’t even…

Kindly revert this change and please stop driving your long term and loyal players insane with changes touted as improvements for newbies.

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

The conspiracy theory says it’s not “lack of foresight” but a “change as we need, step back a bit if too much backlash to please the community” method which people mentioned during the commander tag, NPE and TP2.0 improvements.

That could be very true, and I’d not blame people for assuming so.
Because it just happens way too often to be a consistent lack of foresight.

Way. Too. Often.

Posted by: joonasp.9217

joonasp.9217

Check the GW2 subreddit, plenty of proper discussion there.

You can’t really post anything on these forums without getting infracted.

#occupysab2014

- JanS Löllykkä – www.jansguild.tumblr.com -

Posted by: shaquinna.2869

shaquinna.2869

If they are really listening to this thread I can probably predict what’s going to happen next:

- Listen to those 25 people that suggested a minimum of buying 100 Gems → Implement → “working as intented and we listened to you!!”
- Ignore 850 other people telling them we need to have custom buy options (!!!!!)

(not going to count the posts exactly but i’m sure I’m close)

I wonder if they are able to tell that from these 875 posts (and increasing with the minute) there are only negative comments about the new system . Yes there are some people trying to see what happend and throwing in a ’let’s not rage yet’ comment but even they admit this is a ridiculous change. But heck.. people are even admitting to logging in on the forum, wich they never / rarely do, to tell their piece.

Suggestion: Put in an option to buy a custom amount

Evanny
[EU] Piken Square
Representing: ‘The Only One’ [One]

Posted by: Tyragon.2496

Tyragon.2496

The old system was clunky and could be confusing, but this is just using the new players as scapegoats. Capping the gold to gem conversion at 400 as the least amount is an obvious nudge at us to buy gems with money rather than gold. We aren’t that stupid to not notice it.

I really really hope you mean you are listening to feedback, Gaile, cause this is mine and I bet a lot of players would prefer it.

Add gold to gem conversion like this “1, 25, 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, etc” and make sure the gold to gem actually tries to calculate the least price in terms of silver and copper.

THIS would simplify the system without taking out the liberty of getting just the right gem amount you want. Right now, people can’t buy items like the 200 gems headpieces, hair and makeover kits or even outfits that goes for an uneven 700 gems price without paying for more gems than necessary.

Posted by: Reven.8307

Reven.8307

+1
get rid of this please. asap.
Actually I cannot believe this. The only thing in the game that was already working fine as it was, was the exchange tool.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

The old system was clunky and could be confusing, but this is just using the new players as scapegoats. Capping the gold to gem conversion at 400 as the least amount is an obvious nudge at us to buy gems with money rather than gold. We aren’t that stupid to not notice it.

I really really hope you mean you are listening to feedback, Gaile, cause this is mine and I bet a lot of players would prefer it.

Add gold to gem conversion like this “1, 25, 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, etc” and make sure the gold to gem actually tries to calculate the least price in terms of silver and copper.

THIS would simplify the system without taking out the liberty of getting just the right gem amount you want. Right now, people can’t buy items like the 200 gems headpieces, hair and makeover kits or even outfits that goes for an uneven 700 gems price without paying for more gems than necessary.

Then you get a very big list. Just add the ability to manually convert and your done. There is not problem in having that ability.

Posted by: Junkie.7460

Junkie.7460

I think the best solution for this issue, would be more visibility for the players.
ArenaNet, why are you making these changes?
From where I am standing, this looks like a CLEAR money grab tactic.

Are you guys lacking funds? Are we not providing enough money to make this game worth it?

We’re here, and we’re waiting. Tell us what it is you want and we will provide, because what it is we want is Guild Wars 2, we want you to continue making content for our beloved MMO, we want you to respect us as a consumer base.

Ask us, what you can do to make more money, and we will tell you what we would be willing to give you money for. Just please, no more of these unannounced changes, no more of these shady moves on your part that make players at large worry for the game, and company’s, future.

Posted by: Shrimpkin.4851

Shrimpkin.4851

Gaile Gray.6029:
Hey there,

You may be surprised to know this (I know I was) but very few people bought gems at smaller denominations than the first one offered in the new system. That’s not to say they never did, nor that there wouldn’t be the desire to do so. But overall, the current options were selected based on player purchases in the past.

I always bought gems in small denominations and only what I needed…not anymore though, after this change. As the saying goes; “the needs of the many…”

fellyn.5083:
Gaile Gray.6029:

And yet in the history of this forum there has never been a post saying “the gem exchange interface is confusing me as a new player” or anything similar.

Really? You’re 100% certain there’s never been such a post? Good for you, then!

You’re the Communications Team Lead and this is how you address your customer/player base? That kind of sarcasm and snark does not reflect well on you or your company and is totally uncalled for. You owe fellyn.5083 an apology.

Considering this change has upset so many people (myself included) perhaps it would be wise to refrain from using any sort of emotes in your replies. It may not seem like it to everyone but in my case when I read your posts the addition of etc. comes across as condescending and makes it appear that you’re humouring people and not taking their concerns seriously. And that may very well be the case I fear.

I’m not anti-social, I’m selectively social. There’s a difference.