flyinpiranha.2580

EDIT: Not like they care.

(edited by flyinpiranha.2580)

Lets talk about the new Gem conversion [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I can see the issue from all three sides:

Players want options, and having an option, even if they almost never used it, taken away leads to instant anger.

NCSoft looked at the data and saw that the benefit to their bottom line for transactions that were less than 400 gems wasn’t worth keeping those transactions around. They don’t particularly care about upsetting the players who deal in amounts that are less than 400 gems because those players are a minority who aren’t contributing to profitability. They also don’t really care about Gold to Gem converters as those people aren’t spending cash. It’s a decision that I would probably also make in my own business (depending on the numbers).

ArenaNet gets stuck having to “defend” the actions they were told to take to the angry players.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

This is a huge indication of the mindset that Anet currently has towards its playerbase, the fact that this change even happened at all is a big red flag. There was nothing wrong with the previous system, and it was one that had respect towards the players- a simple thing that said “we don’t view you as a means to take advantage of to gain revenue.” That’s changed.

The only reason tiered currency systems like the one they implemented exist is to rip people off. This change, along with some of the more recent changes and admittance that things like dungeons are not something they care about, means I won’t be playing much anymore, and that means me not spending any more money in their gem store either- gold or actual cash.

Oh come on… there were certainly things wrong with the old system. Gem exchange rates fluctuated so fast that often the number the interface said you were getting wound up very different than what you actually got (and boy did that kitten some players off), for example.

I understand you’re disappointed. I get that you (and others) are angry (like usual). But come on, let’s not pretend there was “nothing” wrong with how it was before.

Uhm you do realize that’s happening now right? I just had it happen when I used the new system. You can put cheeze wiz on top of poop that still doesn’t remove the poop flavor underneath. So how is this an improvement at all again? Right now you can’t trade per gold piece you’re stuck doing it in stacks which helps exactly no one.

The real question is this, why in the long long list of actual fixes this game needs would they attempt to “fix” something that was never broken to begin with?

Once again we’re seeing the ADHD side of development in this game.

Conditions don’t stack properly? Oh look a shiny! Hobosacks are still a thing? Is that a moving piece of paper over there? There isn’t a trinity anymore in PVE Oh wait! Somebody got Pizza! Where was I again?

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

I like the UI, but I’d like it better if you put at the bottom or top a section to Fill in Your Own values. Best of both worlds, you know?

+1

Necromancer Main

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

Give us an “I am Evon Gnashblade” option that lets us buy smaller increments.

Maybe “I am not confused

Posted by: kins.3294

kins.3294

Just leave the pitchforks and torches, let just build a stake for burning.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Ok, guys. Some of you are unhappy about this change, I can see that. BUT… quite honestly, most of you are sort of (I hate to use the word) ranting (sorry!) instead of offering suggestions.

I assure you, the team leader told me not 15 minutes ago, they will listen to suggestions.

• Does that mean you get everything you want? Probably not.
  • Does that mean you should suggest something? Yes, of course! Because they’re expecting player input.

So you want lower increments? Think it through and present a suggestion! You want XYZ in the interface? Post that idea. You would rather see something else? Post what you think about that other thing. Please don’t get into the whole “I’m going to kick the devs and their little dogs, too” because it’s not doing you or us any good at all.

I’m not here to apologize. I’m here to communicate and right now, the communication is coming in without a whole lot of substance. Over to you for suggestions and constructive input!

I am truely sorry if you (and team) can’t figure from these posts to add an option that allows custom amounts gold/gem conversions (which many have suggested). —add a slider, add an enter custom amount, revert to old system.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

You are aware that forums and support are part of the development propcess right? Customer feedback and all that right? They have people that should be providing feedback.

This is the greediest move I have seen. They took away the dollar menu but still sell the same stuff.

Aye, and that is handled by the people like Gaile and then forwarded to the developers. Simple as that. A programmer for example is usually not a person that would focus on customer relations after all.

If this is the greediest move you have seen you have seen very little.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

Conditions don’t stack properly? Oh look a shiny! Hobosacks are still a thing? Is that a moving piece of paper over there? There isn’t a trinity anymore in PVE Oh wait! Somebody got Pizza! Where was I again?

Sounds like Skritt too me.

Server: Gate of Madness

Posted by: Renske.6178

Renske.6178

I like the UI, but I’d like it better if you put at the bottom or top a section to Fill in Your Own values. Best of both worlds, you know?

+1

Yeah, I see no reason why these things couldn’t exist together.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Can people stop with the insults and over the top hyperbole? It was a bad decision probably demanded from accounting and alienating staff who are probably on our side is counterproductive. Say you don’t like it, it negatively impacts your game and you will have the staff on your side instead of sitting out on the discussion.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

You are aware that forums and support are part of the development propcess right? Customer feedback and all that right? They have people that should be providing feedback.

This is the greediest move I have seen. They took away the dollar menu but still sell the same stuff.

Aye, and that is handled by the people like Gaile and then forwarded to the developers. Simple as that. A programmer for example is usually not a person that would focus on customer relations after all.

If this is the greediest move you have seen you have seen very little.

And since this is related to monetization, you can bet that the developers will then have to run the idea by NCSoft, who will laugh at them and tell them to get back to work.

I’ve been following Gaile’s posts for a long time now (GW1! whoo hoo!) and I can tell by the tone that this is not something ArenaNet has any say in.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

^ this, I’m posting it again and I will post it again on devs working time (more chance of them seeing it)

Attachments:

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Hey there,

Here are a few tidbits from the team:

• A lot of newer players had trouble with the interface. That doesn’t apply to you, you’re veterans who have been around the conversion block a time or two. But newer players will benefit from the updated system.
  • The goal was to make the Gem Store more like other shopping experiences, and if you think about it, there is more of that feel to it now.
  • You may be surprised to know this (I know I was) but very few people bought gems at smaller denominations than the first one offered in the new system. That’s not to say they never did, nor that there wouldn’t be the desire to do so. But overall, the current options were selected based on player purchases in the past.
  • The team is going to listen to your feedback and, if and when it’s practical and desirable, they can look towards adjusting the new system to better meet your needs.

So please keep your thoughts coming on the new system. Feel free to make suggestions but please, keeping them constructive would be very much appreciated.

Then keep the current system you’ve designed to help newer players “understand” the feature easier. BUT (and it’s a big “but”) keep the old option for us veteran players accessible, as we’ve learned it over the years and adapted to it. At this point you’re not only making it easier for new players, but also remove an option from us older players.

I’m all up for making things easier and more adaptable, but at the same time removing ability to purchase say 47 gems instead of set amount is very freedom limited.

Please consider adding the old system to the new way so we still have the freedom we’ve grown found of to have. Many of us have odd numbers of gems that are now been deemed useless.

Thanks in advance for consideration.

Posted by: Arrelaine.5692

Arrelaine.5692

What if I want 600, or 700? Why should I be stuck with 100-200 gems because the only option available is 800? Honestly I’d also like to see lower increments for buying gems with money. Outfits are 700, masks are 500 but I have to buy 800. :|

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

While I don’t object to an interface that makes things easier for newer player the ability to exchange custom amounts of gems & gold needs to be returned to us immediately.

Add a ‘custom exchange’ button to the bottom or something.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

Posted by: Keneth.6490

Keneth.6490

It was done to encourage more players to purchase additional gems.

That’s obviously one of the main reasons, but it was advertised as such:

ArenaNet

Fixed exchange amounts have been set to simplify the exchange process and remove confusing rounding points.

I probably wouldn’t have cared as much if the update simply said that they wanted to discourage small exchanges and push more people toward buying gems for money instead.

If you’re insulted by this, and taking it as “arenanet thinks I am dumb”, then the problem is you, not arenanet.

No, I’m pretty sure it’s their problem. A lot of people don’t like being treated like idiots, and in doing so, they’re bound to lose players. Whether these changes yield a net profit for them is out of my purview, but what I do know is that if I were to start playing the game as a new player now, I would have probably quit after maxing my first character, and if they continue on this path of dumbing everything down, they’re most likely gonna lose me anyway.

The goal should be simple but powerful, not simple for the sake of simplicity. And “streamlined” is just a trend word that says pretty much nothing.

because 90% of the playerpool are?

Clearly not everyone playing the game is a genius, but even our less capable brethren have the ability to learn things given enough time. Eventually the training wheels should come off, but ArenaNet seems to be intent on welding them onto the bike instead.

Posted by: AlienMenace.7516

AlienMenace.7516

Ok, guys. Some of you are unhappy about this change, I can see that. BUT… quite honestly, most of you are sort of (I hate to use the word) ranting (sorry!) instead of offering suggestions.

I’m not here to apologize. I’m here to communicate and right now, the communication is coming in without a whole lot of substance. Over to you for suggestions and constructive input!

Many of us players (just from looking at this thread) feel like if we were given advance notice that you were thinking about adding something like this, we would have been able to spot some of these problems. I’m sure that some of this backlash also comes from surprise that it looks like those red flags were not raised during your design process because they are not addressed in the finished product.

I’m really only saying this in an attempt to be constructive and help you view this situation from a different angle.

Making a change for “new players” that reduces functionality for “old players” is very polarizing and I think that’s where a lot of this comes from as well. If you find a way to let “old players” do what they were doing before but let “new players” have a better time, then those groups cease to be different and everyone is having fun.

My suggestion on the matter? A simple toggle so new users can get the simple interface they need, but so old users can go back to using the system with any increments they like, and get their nice graph.

You already did all the work of creating both systems this time, so why not use both? Then it’s not about “old players being thrown under the bus for new players.” Instead, it’s a new feature that might actually be worthy of the word “exciting” in a hype-post.

Finally, I think the veteran outrage and hostility comes from the fact that, for many of these users, this is not the first time they felt like they were the “old players being thrown under the bus for new players.” A lot of users seemed to get that vibe from your September 2014 Feature Patch.

So: final suggestion: give us both versions of the Exchange and let the new players stick to the simple one until they’re feeling brave enough to try the scary one (with the option to go right back if it’s too scary). Us veteran players like the scary one, and it is Halloween after all…

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

And since this is related to monetization, you can bet that the developers will then have to run the idea by NCSoft, who will laugh at them and tell them to get back to work.

I’ve been following Gaile’s posts for a long time now (GW1! whoo hoo!) and I can tell by the tone that this is not something ArenaNet has any say in.

Odd that I got the same impression, which is why I was asking about NCSoft and how much control they have in a previous post, firstly is there a precedence for NCSoft doing this type of thing with any other game they develop and produce? what are the current game shops like with those games are they similar in characteristics to the one just dropped into GW2?

Server: Gate of Madness

Posted by: quietscribe.1573

quietscribe.1573

There are a lot of posts, I would say most here, discussing the changes to the UI and the fact that the game now only allows you to purchase a per-determined amount of gems for gold and vice-versa.

What I have not seen mentioned much is the fact that the cost of purchasing gems from the trade have shot up. Unnaturally so.

For the last few months, the price of getting 100 gems was hovering around 12.5-13gold. However after this patch, on the new system it says that 400 gems will cost 83g15s which is an average of 20.78 gold for 100 gems.

This is especially relevant when you look at the external websites (gw2spidy.com/gem) that track the gem buy and sell price, and who have the price listed at 15g20s at the time of this post. That is a disparity of nearly 6 gold difference added on per 100 gems. Are we to believe that this increase is purely from customer demand? I don’t think so. No previous event has made the price of gems rise this sharply and the price stats from external sites do not tally.

I wanted to highlight this here, because not many people seem to have noticed, and the more people that do, the more noise can be made about it.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I really don’t think NCsoft has anything to do with this. Not that we’ll ever know one way or the other because they wont tell us. It’s useless speculating on.

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

I really don’t think NCsoft has anything to do with this.

To be honest i dont give a "$·%$%!·!$ about NCSoft. Anet is the developer of this game, dealing with NCsoft is Anets problem not mine.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I really don’t think NCsoft has anything to do with this.

I fully agree. I believe it’s ArenaNet’s move this time. This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen related to Guild Wars 2, and clearly a step in the wrong direction. They want us to be forced to grind even more for small things, or ultimately want to skyrocket gem prices for every item in GemStore.

I’m so furious right now that I’ll just leave this thread, and before I’m tagged for ranting: do as others already suggested, undo this change and leave it as it was before. Thank you.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: RedAtari.5290

RedAtari.5290

Hey, I’m a new player. I want the old system back or at the least – my custom gem/gold purchase.

Posted by: Lilianzzz.7924

Lilianzzz.7924

Just put back in the option of people buying/selling the amount of gems they want and I’m guessing the “ranting” will be over. People want to have freedom when they purchase stuff – If they want to transfer gold for 200 gems let them do it. I don’t really understand why didn’t you include this in your new system?
It’s insulting and gives a bad taste to the players, is all I am saying. Please respect your players. This is not a good move from you guys.
It felt low…

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

I would think it’d be nice to keep it as is for “new players” but to also add a custom conversion box at the bottom of each conversion type. I have 1330 gems at the moment…. I sort of don’t like the fact that I can’t really do much with some of those gems now.

Slow down and smell the pixels.

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

It is ridiculous that people give Anet a pass by blaming NCSoft, if your car broke down and Chevi would tell you, we would like to fix it, but GM wont let us. Would you give them a pass?.

NCsoft is Anet problem, not our.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

^ this, I’m posting it again and I will post it again on devs working time (more chance of them seeing it)

^ This

Will also post it again and again, that what we really need is just to type in the number
of gems we want to buy, instead of the number of gold we want to use.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

Just please change it back. I’m not even going to read through the thread(s), but I’m sure it’s been mentioned as to why it was fine the way it was, and why you might think otherwise. Please change it back.

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

I’ve never played an MMO where the development team had less respect for it’s playerbase like GW2 does. The whole “too confusing for new players” line is getting old. And we all know (and you do too, Gaile, Colin, whomever is reading this) that it’s a lie.

This is a cashgrab on your part. You knew it. Why else would you say NOTHING about this change and make the patch as late in the day as you did?

Were you hoping we wouldn’t notice?

The past 2 months have destroyed your credibility for the most part. First came the NPE which next to nobody needed, or wanted. Alongside that came the interviews which, among other things, basically said you weren’t working on dungeons, nor were you going to be anytime soon. And now this.

Kudos, guys. You really know how to anger your playerbase.

Unless, of course, they’re NEW players. Because NEW players are all you seem to give a kitten about.

Headdesk

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

For the last few months, the price of getting 100 gems was hovering around 12.5-13gold. However after this patch, on the new system it says that 400 gems will cost 83g15s which is an average of 20.78 gold for 100 gems.

This is especially relevant when you look at the external websites (gw2spidy.com/gem) that track the gem buy and sell price, and who have the price listed at 15g20s at the time of this post. That is a disparity of nearly 6 gold difference added on per 100 gems. Are we to believe that this increase is purely from customer demand? I don’t think so. No previous event has made the price of gems rise this sharply and the price stats from external sites do not tally.

I wanted to highlight this here, because not many people seem to have noticed, and the more people that do, the more noise can be made about it.

GW2Spidey is broken … look here :
https://www.gw2tp.com/gems

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1879

Wolfheart.1879

Can people stop with the insults and over the top hyperbole? It was a bad decision probably demanded from accounting and alienating staff who are probably on our side is counterproductive. Say you don’t like it, it negatively impacts your game and you will have the staff on your side instead of sitting out on the discussion.

What staff are on our side? So far the only one posting in this thread has only been patronizing to us.

Certainly Gaile was more snarky than her usual lovely self. And yes, somewhat patronizing and unprofessional. But then, she is Anet’s sole agent in this thread, trying her hardest to pull a King Cnut and hold back the tide of rage and dissatisfaction.

Just because she says something here, doesn’t mean she is herself in favour of the system. Its her job to give voice to Anet. She doesn’t have to agree with everything, she just has to keep to Anets line. While i don’t wish to speak for her, I have a feeling, given how much over the years she has proven herself as a top notch and beloved bridge between us and Anet, that she was well aware of what was coming from us with change, and likely, behind closed doors described reservations about the system.

When you are the sole person coming in and being the only one to take this rage, its not surprising she snapped a little. Its enough drive many people to the edge for a bit. its undoubtedly the start of a stressful few days for her. I know I wish i could have been less ranty in my earlier posts, but then I was genuinely annoyed at this.

A lot of this comes down to Anet’s frankly bullkitten communication policy, where nothing at all gets discussed before release. It is disrespectful, and shows that Anet as an entity simply have nothing but contempt for the people who ultimately pay their bills. Would love for whoever ultimately made the decision to do this to emerge from their ivory tower and see what its like to be one of those unwashed peasants they call customers.

My anger is with that individual or individuals, Anets policies and Anet as an entity. And I am sorry if my previous posts here were too much rage. But a community as passionate as ours is prone to this when we are disregarded to such a point.

Divinity’s Reach is home to some top-tier criminal masterminds.
The kind of people who will set an orphanage on fire after locking themselves inside it.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I assure you, the team leader told me not 15 minutes ago, they will listen to suggestions.

• Does that mean you get everything you want? Probably not.
  • Does that mean you should suggest something? Yes, of course! Because they’re expecting player input.

So you want lower increments? Think it through and present a suggestion! You want XYZ in the interface? Post that idea. You would rather see something else? Post what you think about that other thing. Please don’t get into the whole “I’m going to kick the devs and their little dogs, too” because it’s not doing you or us any good at all.

Sorry Gaile, and this is not an attack on you and kudos to you for having the fortitude to stand in front of the playerbase and talk…but..

Just when I thought the company and GW2 couldn’t get worse…and to think I am considering returning to the game.

I read some of your comments… There has been no stealth nerf and this is just normal ebb and flow that what used to give X amount now gives X-20 gems ? The amount of gems you got before the patch gets you a lot less now? You’re saying this is normal ebb and flow? Data please. Because I, and many, are calling Arenanet out. BS.

Second… I agree with one poster that I have NEVER EVER have seen people complain about the gem conversion system to be confusing. Ever. In my hay day, I was on the forum all day long while at work. GW2 forum on one monitor, work related stuff on the other. Never saw it. 110% sure Ive never seen one post about people complaining that the conversion is confusing. Even if there was one post, two, or 10…there are 1000x more people that complain about Living Story, Ascended gear, megaservers and yet you’ve done nothing to appease THAT crowd. Priorities are completely out of whack.

Third, yes…people are ranting. Just look at the prices of some items. Seriously, do you guys think that the playerbase is dumb and blind? You have your metrics, you have our spending patterns. You know that a player might buy a piece that costs 700 gems, and another that would cost 150. Well, now this player needs to overspend in order to to get what he wants. He cannot simply convert the gold he needs.

:(
very much

Edit: Try focusing dev resources on things that we ASK for in these forums. Arenanet has an uncanny ability to put things into the game and claim we wanted it, when we dont. While many people love LS, there is an equal amount that hate it or are disappointed. Listen to those people..maybe pull the plug.

**I guarantee you there are more people upset with living story than there are people that asked for a gem conversion change.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

(edited by cesmode.4257)

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

Oh, by the way, how’s that wardrobe system looking now that charges have suddenly sky-rocketed in price and necessitate buying gems in inconvenient amounts?
They’ve been planning this for ages.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Posted by: Rayzen.9406

Rayzen.9406

I currently have 681 gems. I want to buy the new outfit for 700 gems. I can no longer buy the 19 gems that I need.

My options to buy the outfit are:

A. Buy 400 gems for 77gold (i’m a pvp boy i’v poor i’v only 60g)
B. Buy 800 gems for $10
C. Buy nothing, and not get the new outfit.
I think I’ll go with option C and kitten this game.

Posted by: Vandal.3678

Vandal.3678

Just wanted to add my 2 cents or rather.. keep them. First you could buy some gems to buy a cool outfit and then spend whatever was left on gold. Which made getting the outfit even more worthwhile. Now you would be stuck sitting on gems forever. And if you wanted to trade gold for gems, you could just do some calculations and get exactly the amount you need.

Hope Anet will add the option to fill in a custom amount of gold/gems to trade.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Makes me wonder, if games are getting dumbed down so much these days, what’s going to happen in future?
Maybe 10 years from now you’ll be able to swipe your credit card and watch your character do everything for you instead of actually plaing the game, learning mechanics and getting better.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

It’s the Microsoft tactic, XBOX Live used to have MS Points similar to the Gems to buy their online stuff. They replaced it after a long time due to complaints and money making.

Fact was: if you bought something for 2000 MS Points you could only buy 2400, so you had 400 left. The idea behind this was that the customer spent the rest for something that wasn’t on their shopping list ‘be cause it’s not that much and I could spend it on something else’.

It’s sad that Anet (or NCSoft?) runs business in this manner. It really saddens me the way this company goes. No content, more and more money making without any substantial content. It’s worse than the worst EA, Ubisoft or Activision business models. They should be ashamed!

Oh, and btw: They said in the patch notes to ‘make it easier to understand’. What a lie! There is nothing more I hate than lies and to think the customer is dumb enough to not find out.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

(edited by ProtoGunner.4953)

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

I’ll probably be silenced for this, but my life is a small price for the truth.

The new gem conversion works in tandem with Barack Obama and Venusian amazons’ plans to indoctrinate mankind, sterilize our males and position Pomeranians as the apex species. We still have time, my brothers.

Only The Cause.

Posted by: Claudius.5381

Claudius.5381

Please: a custom exchange button, where I can put it every amount which strikes my fancy (and I have the gold for).

My personal grief is the trend here. First ArenaNet broke the tier unlock system. Then they decided that it is less confusing to entertain a cow than to feed it (on a farm!). Now they seem to have overlooked the fact that the gem store world does not start with 400 gems (and that there may be leftovers, especially after a discount weekend).

That points at a certain “thoughtlessness” (don’t know if that is an English word). And I am starting to become afraid of GW2 patches…

Valento.9852

Just wanted to add my 2 cents or rather.. keep them. First you could buy some gems to buy a cool outfit and then spend whatever was left on gold. Which made getting the outfit even more worthwhile. Now you would be stuck sitting on gems forever. And if you wanted to trade gold for gems, you could just do some calculations and get exactly the amount you need.

Hope Anet will add the option to fill in a custom amount of gold/gems to trade.

Add?? You mean change back! It is just how it was and how it should be. This change doesn’t make sense, it’s been reproved in my community, my guild, and several alliances.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Pocket.2740

Pocket.2740

Also really dissapointed by this change. I feel it is really important that as a customer I am able to aquire the exact number of gems needed to buy an item on the gemstore. I agree with the suggestions made already, either:

1) Include a field on the new UI where we can specify a custom number of gems/gold
2) Revert back to the old UI
3) Provide an option to toggle between the old and new UI

I believe in being a responsible consumer and I just can’t bring myself to buy gems anymore as it might be used as a metric to show support for this change.

(edited by Pocket.2740)

Posted by: SanPolaroid.7813

SanPolaroid.7813

Anet PLEASE new players ARENT STUPID.

And please don`t tell me, that you changed the shop to unconfuse new players (who aren`t so stupid that they don`t get the old mechanics), when i`m clearly seeing its about money.

I want to exchange my freshly bought 1800 gems to gold? Not possible because 250g it will cost 1804 gems. → i`ve to buy more gems
Missing graph and possibility to convert small amounts of gold? → i convert my gold at unusefull rates, i`m annoyed → i`ll buy gems from store
I have to buye more gems with gold then i realy need or will get 100 more gems i dont need (and cant spend on usefull things) → i have to convert more gold OR (because im kittening annoyed) buy them with real money.

(edited by SanPolaroid.7813)

cesmode.4257

Quick solution/suggestion:

Give us a slider with tick marks in 5-10 amount increments.

I am in the business of development myself and depending on the volume that I am dealing with, when I build a slider/ticker bar I keep in mind the volume. If we are talking hundreds of thousands of units, doing it in 5-10 amount increments isn’t the way to go. But if we are talking about a few hundred or thousand gems at a clip…maybe.

Valento.9852

They don’t have to INCLUDE/ADD a custom option, they need to undo this crap to how it was before!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

Anet pls.

Pls Anet.

Posted by: quietscribe.1573

quietscribe.1573

Spidey may a little borked, potentially, but the massive increase in cost does not tally with previous event increase in gem price. We are talking here about about a 5-8 gold price increase for 100 gems between yesterday and today. There has never, to my knowledge, been any event that has had that sort of gem price increase, and it comes right when they change they layout?

I think ArenaNet has manually changed the average price when they released the patch, potentially to encourage people to buy more gems with rl money, trusting that the change in UI and the lack of detailed graph information would inhibit many players from noticing.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Lol almost 50% price increase in the last 12 hours. I’m not one for conspiracy theories but that is pretty ridiculous.

cesmode.4257

Also really dissapointed by this change. I feel it is really imporatnt that as customer I am able to aquire the exact number of gems needed to buy a item on the gemstore. I agree with the suggestions made already, either:

1) Include a field on the new UI where we can specify a custom number of gems/gold
2) Revert back to the old UI
3) Provide an option to toggle between the old and new UI

I believe in being a responsible consumer and I just can’t bring myself to buy gems anymore as it might be used as a metric to show support for this change.

You know, this is so typical of arenanet. Launch something that they know will create flame and rage. They will let us rant and rave on the forums, ask for our feedback, and then do very little about it. Once the crying and raging has died down, they go back to business as usual.

They did this with fractals, ascended gear, megaservers, living story stuffs, and now this. Its so typical and we MUST expect this sort of thing. Theres a reason NCSoft has the rep they have in the industry and sadly this trickles down to the developer(arenanet). Arenanet will soon have this sort of stigma attached to them if they don’t already…the stigma of impulsive additions to wait and see how we react and they KNOW how we will react.

My question is: Why tinker with a system that is tied so closely with consumer behavior to spend real money. This has only angered a lot of people and has done very little good. These people that are upset are less likely to spend money in your gem store. Why risk it?

Posted by: Phyxrgon.7305

Phyxrgon.7305

What do I think? I think I feel insulted with this, players aren’t stupid. Give back the option of filling in your own amount.

Sorry, but I don’t care for forced increments.

Jade Quarrior – [HzH] [SF]

Tengu. Make it happen.