Leviathan, the thing in the Manifesto trailer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

It occurred to me that I have never seen that creature. So I decided to start looking for it, but before I lose too much time, did someone already find it ?
And more importantly, is it really in the game ?

Edit : Should have added an image
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Leviathan.jpg

Edit 2 : That creature has nothing to do with elder dragons.

(edited by RedStar.4218)

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

It’s been a while since I’ve seen the trailer, but isn’t it the thing you fight in the Human tutorial area?

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

Posted by: SonicTHI.3217

SonicTHI.3217

Considering the manifesto is just a bunch of lies at this point i m not surprised that its not in the game.
I was trying to find it after release but no area fits its surroundings: big deep uncorrupted ocean.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike O’Brien, President of Arenanet

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Considering the manifesto is just a bunch of lies at this point i m not surprised that its not in the game.
I was trying to find it after release but no area fits its surroundings: big deep uncorrupted ocean.

Why are you even on the forums? You seem to very much not like GW2…

Anyway back on topic, youtubing GW2 Manifesto turned up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35BPhT-KI1E but I don’t see any Liviathan.

RedStar.4218

Frostgorge looks promising. Someone found a skull in Southsun.

But I’ve spend way too much time looking for things that weren’t in the game (mini-games, armor that got left out), so before I really start looking for it, it’d be nice if that creature is at least in the game.

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

Considering the manifesto is just a bunch of lies

This

Why are you even on the forums?

Because we have a right to be here.

RedStar.4218

I don’t care about what is said in the manifesto…they show in game footage. It’s pretty weird to make footage for a creature only to take it out (although they did create an armor for the mesmer trailer that’s not in the game, but that’s another story).

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Anyway back on topic, youtubing GW2 Manifesto turned up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35BPhT-KI1E but I don’t see any Liviathan.

He didn’t say he didn’t like the game, just that the manifesto was a package of lies. Which it was.

The Leviathan is in the last 30 seconds of the video.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

Posted by: derLoko.2185

derLoko.2185

who/what was the leviatan, anyway?

I was wondering what happened to it… it was kinda looking forward to seeing ít ingame.

RedStar.4218

Some of the players interested in the Lore mention that it could be the DSD general, but I think that Anet said that they were wrong.

So…we don’t know anything.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Posted by: SonicTHI.3217

SonicTHI.3217

I don’t care about what is said in the manifesto…they show in game footage. It’s pretty weird to make footage for a creature only to take it out (although they did create an armor for the mesmer trailer that’s not in the game, but that’s another story).

They ve shown footage of the Canthan district in Divinity as well… we all know how that turned out.
As for other “legit” reasons: not everything makes it into the game due to time constraints, development complications, etc. It should turn up eventually in one form or another.

I hate what GW2 has become and that s exactly why i m posting here. but i guess that s too hard to comprehend for some people.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike O’Brien, President of Arenanet

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

They ve shown footage of the Canthan district in Divinity as well… we all know how that turned out.
As for other “legit” reasons: not everything makes it into the game due to time constraints, development complications, etc. It should turn up eventually in one form or another.

I hate what GW2 has become and that s exactly why i m posting here. but i guess that s too hard to comprehend for some people.

I don’t like TERA, but I don’t go over to their forums to whine about it. I’d much rather do something I do like.

RedStar.4218

Edit : I said a bunch of stupid thing. What do you mean by the canthan district ?

But anyway, this isn’t a thread about which things made it into the game and which didn’t.

It’s about : did you see the leviathan ?
If your answer is “it’s not in the game”, I want to see a dev quote attached to it.

(edited by RedStar.4218)

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

They can add it later

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Likely something coming later with the DSD. But, Drakkar is another possibility maybe?

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/drakkar-lake-ice-creature-screens-t10201206.html

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Likely something coming later with the DSD. But, Drakkar is another possibility maybe?

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/drakkar-lake-ice-creature-screens-t10201206.html

I’m 90% sure that the “Leviathan” from the trailer is Drakkar.

RedStar.4218

According to those really interested in the lore, the leviathan has nothing to do with the elder dragons (Anet said it, but I can’t find the quote).

(edited by RedStar.4218)

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

If this is referring to “bubbles” it’s probably an unnamed Elder Dragon around Cantha. At least that would make the most sense to me.

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

I’d also like to know if they’re going to be implementing this creature at some point in the future, or if it’s just become “vapor”. I agree that it is suspicious of them to show so many finished creatures only for them to be absent from the final product. I heard they had run out of time and couldn’t develop everything they wanted to but this is a little ridiculous. This game is solid, but they could have done so much more with it given the amount of attention it has received up until 2012.

Also what happened to the giant dragon corpse?

Attachments:

Posted by: Beraphim.3476

Beraphim.3476

That’s how Arah dungeon used to look like.

Posted by: Icepick.5210

Icepick.5210

This

You don’t have a right to post on this forum. You have the privilege to post on this forum. A privilege that Anet can revoke at any time they deem fit. This is a private forum and as such, the owner of the forum has all the “rights”.

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

That’s how Arah dungeon used to look like.

Cool, I didn’t know that. But why did they take it out?

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

This

Actually, you don’t. You could be banned today and you wouldn’t have one single bit of recourse.

Amazes me how many people don’t understand the term “rights.”

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

lol with those fanboys. If you don’t like something you PAY for, you have the right to express your opinion. If the owner disagree, then the owner is free to return the expended money.

Anyway, are you telling me all those things don’t exist ingame?

Jeez, I was hoping to see that creature or found that dragon corpse. I mean, Anet is know for unfinished/scraped ideas (like the giant statue in GW1) but seriously, why they do that? Yes, they are a bunch of liars but they already have the models, they already did the job! They abandon GW to work for years in GW2 only to discard his already made work?

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Some things may exist, they just aren’t “turned on” perhaps until they are needed. There’s nothing to say that the boss doesn’t also exist in say a zone they haven’t released yet, but have designed for use with a future patch

Shootsfoot.9276

lol with those fanboys. If you don’t like something you PAY for, you have the right to express your opinion. If the owner disagree, then the owner is free to return the expended money.

Anyway, are you telling me all those things don’t exist ingame?

Jeez, I was hoping to see that creature or found that dragon corpse. I mean, Anet is know for unfinished/scraped ideas (like the giant statue in GW1) but seriously, why they do that? Yes, they are a bunch of liars but they already have the models, they already did the job! They abandon GW to work for years in GW2 only to discard his already made work?

Using sophomoric insults doesn’t make your argument any stronger. You have no RIGHT to post on here.

Learn it.

Know it.

Live it.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Making a complaint about a product you paid for and didn’t like is perfectly fine. Hanging around that products place of business and/or existing customers for seven months and whining about it is pitiably obsessive.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

Making a complaint about a product you paid for and didn’t like is perfectly fine. Hanging around that products place of business and/or existing customers for seven months and whining about it is pitiably obsessive.

Like it enough to play, but upset enough to post.

How is that hard to understand?

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Its not those giant turtles in orr is it? there are also some giant turtles in an Asura jump puzzle..

Either way like or dislike everyone has an opinion good or bad, until Anet goes back to the manifesto i doubt the complaints will ever stop, really, at least on that topic..

Gotta say for good or bad that manifesto video annoys the heck outta me too these days, its completely untrue..

Posted by: Valanga.5942

Valanga.5942

Fanboys fails to understands that most of the “whines” comes from people who love the game and would be it the way it was presented back when the manifesto came out.
Anyway, watching that video again, now and see how the game is actually, really makes me sad.

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

Fanboys fails to understands that most of the “whines” comes from people who love the game and would be it the way it was presented back when the manifesto came out.
Anyway, watching that video again, now and see how the game is actually, really makes me sad.

This.

To Shootsfoot and Concept:
This is not just YOUR game. It is OUR game.
Loving everything they put into the game does not make you special, we are all the same :O
We have the right to praise devs or to “whine” if they give us reasons to do so.
Maybe we loved the game as much as you love it now, we just don’t like it so much anymore due the deep changes, but we still refuse to think it will stay like this forever, plus devs are not always totally clear so we can still expect a backflip or something similar >.>

Anyway back on topic:
RedStar.4218
Imo they will add it later, I don’t think it’s in the game yet.
Maybe it’s related to the Zone Blue (?)

- Mike Obrien

(edited by Erick Alastor.3917)

Erick Alastor.3917

I think you skipped the last seconds.
It’s here >.>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=35BPhT-KI1E#t=338s

- Mike Obrien

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

There are things I don’t like about the game too. And I’ll post in response to people who have posted negatively about them. Which is quite different than saying the manifesto is a pack of lies, which is actually unprovable. Even if everything in it was different from what was shown, which isn’t the case, a manifesto is nothing more than a statement of intent.

If I intend to take the kids out to the movies and tell them so, but then I’m called into work, I didn’t lie to them. The situation changed and I reacted to it. When I made the statement, I fully intended to do what I said I was going to. No one could call that a lie.

Now, there are plenty of things in the manifesto that are true, and some which are questionable, but not as many as people say. Taken in context there are very few things in the manifesto that you can’t find in the game. That said, since a manifesto is only a statement of intent, then calling those who made it liars is like saying you know what they were thinking when they made it.

This form of verbal attack is called hyperbole. It’s an unfair attack because it’s misleading. Furthermore, calling the manifesto is lie isn’t helpful to the game at all, and if you like the game and keep saying it, you’re helping nothing. You’re attacking devs who created a statement of intent years before a product launch. It wasn’t a promise of what would be in the game but a set of intentions.

Within the bounds of technology I think Anet has come quite close to what they wanted. I have little doubt they’ll continue to come close.

Saying something that is completely wrong and has no value to the game, whether you have the right to say it or not, simply isn’t productive. And those who disagree with you aren’t automatically fan bois for pointing it out.

Erick Alastor.3917

Saying that he’s saying something “completly wrong” means that you are sure that he IS wrong when he state the devs lied, but as you have already highlighted no one know what they were thinking when they made the manifesto.
So you’re using an hyperbole too, aren’t you?
He may be right or he may be wrong, we will never know, all we know is that we bought the game because of that manifesto and we were expecting something “a bit” different xD
(And it WAS different, then november came…)

Anyhow, we are off-topic so let’s just stop here >.> we’re both right and wrong the truth lies somewhere in between.

- Mike Obrien

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Saying that he’s saying something “completly wrong” means that you are sure that he IS wrong when he state the devs lied, but as you have already highlighted no one know what they were thinking when they made the manifesto.
He may be right or he may be wrong, we will never know, all we know is that we bought the game because of that manifesto and we were expecting something “a bit” different xD

Anyhow, we are off-topic so let’s just stop here >.> we’re both right and wrong the truth lies somewhere in between.

He’s completely wrong to make a statement of fact from something he doesn’t know. That’s not hyperbole it’s fact. It’s an unwarranted assumption. I’m not exaagerating what he’s saying. He’s calling someone a liar and it simply can’t be proved. And since a manifesto is only a statement of intent, there’s no reason to believe it’s a lie at all.

Also hyperbole is an exaageration in order to make something sound worse than it is. Calling someone completely wrong by saying something unprovable as fact is in no way hyperbole.

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

By the way, the manifesto is not filled with lies. Daniel Dociu speak the true.
This is the most beautiful virtual world EVER. I have tried several new MMO’s (and re-tried several old MMO’s) since I bought GW2 (due the disappointment on all changes) and after walk a few steps (literally) I quit immediately. Why? Because I can’t longer stand the graphics or the animation, so yes, at least someone stay true to his words (all my respects to the man).

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

He’s completely wrong to make a statement of fact from something he doesn’t know. That’s not hyperbole it’s fact. It’s an unwarranted assumption. I’m not exaagerating what he’s saying. He’s calling someone a liar and it simply can’t be proved. And since a manifesto is only a statement of intent, there’s no reason to believe it’s a lie at all.

Also hyperbole is an exaageration in order to make something sound worse than it is. Calling someone completely wrong by saying something unprovable as fact is in no way hyperbole.

The person you quoted didn’t say they lied.

The thing about lying, is that you can keep lying to cover up your lies since no one ‘knows what you were thinking’. Maybe they had intentions to do something one way but do it another.

In that case, actions speak louder than words.

As a company, and not as a person, misleading your customers is poor service. It doesn’t matter what your intentions are/were. It matters what you say and what you do. And they said one thing and did something else.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

This is the most beautiful virtual world EVER. I have tried several new MMO’s (and re-tried several old MMO’s) since I bought GW2 (due the disappointment on all changes) and after walk a few steps (literally) I quit immediately. Why? Because I can’t longer stand the graphics or the animation, so yes, at least someone stay true to his words (all my respects to the man).

Yeah its hard to go back to my previous game to. I still have Aion installed after 3 1/2 years of dedication to that game but i just cannot go back to it after playing GW2. The world is detailed sorta in Aion but nowhere near as big and as detailed as Tyria. Arena-net did one hell of a job bringing their virtual world to life.

Posted by: Emissary Vex.5690

Emissary Vex.5690

It is well known that the game was supposed to have an entire underwater continent which obviously didn’t make the cut when the game was released. The leviathan was most likely related to that content.

Erick Alastor.3917

Also hyperbole is an exaageration in order to make something sound worse than it is.

Not true, nevertheless he is using it in that way.

I think the problem lies here: “statement of intent”.
Even if it’s not technically correct to say that those who betray those intents are liars,
many people would still call them liars, because today you can’t simply jump around killing random mobs and achieving the vertical progression at the same time, so you have to do X or Y specific things to be on par with people who like grinding.
One of the main reason that motivated people to buy the game was the “natural” progression, no X or Y mandatory things to do to gain BiS items.
Now we have fractals, guild mission, 40 laurel/50 ecto… and this for some players can be seen as a grind (you have to spend some time doing “innatural” things and when you’ll reach the top, the top is moved higher) you can’t obtain those item doing i.e. some jumping puzzles and even if you could, it would probably lead to another different currency, so to a gated content.
They told they wanted to make a game were the hardcore grind was just in order to obtain skins.
Maybe that was not a contract, but a lot of people still felt betrayed because they expected a game like that.

Anyway you are right, devs are not liars, some players (me included) were simply too naive

- Mike Obrien

(edited by Erick Alastor.3917)

RedStar.4218

It is well known that the game was supposed to have an entire underwater continent which obviously didn’t make the cut when the game was released. The leviathan was most likely related to that content.

Oh I didn’t know that.

Unfortunately, seeing how many players hate playing underwater, it’s kind of understandable for them to not put an entire underwater zone that barely no one would play in… It would have stolen Southsun Cove’s title of “Emptiest zone”.
However I hope that they do find a way to make underwater content more fun and interesting for the majority of players so they can release something like that.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I don’t post on the WoW boards? I don’t post on the Aion boards? I don’t on the FlyFF boards? I don’t post on the Rappelz boards? I don’t send emails to the exes I dumped for good reason. I do not understand at all why you’d post here if you hated GW2.

I don’t waste my time on a game I hate although that’s a pretty strong word. If you really hate this game, feel free to use your time on something you love. You’ve got about 20 000 days to live your life. Don’t waste any days on games you hate lol.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Also don’t forget that there’s no required grind to progress in this game and have access to all content. Another truth that was distorted by some into the “no grind EVAH” fallacy.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

I think a mod should erase the 14917823409235 posts talking about the manifesto instead of the main topic…

We already have many threads discusing opinions on the manifesto. I’m not negating anyone’s right to express his opinion, but this is NOT the thread to discuss it. If you want to discuss it go to one of the other threads already made.

The Manifesto was mentioned ONLY because the aquatic monster appears at the end of it, then the second response (third post) went off topic/rant mode to say his opinion about the manifesto, and a lot of people couldn’t resist answering him, either to go against him or support him instead of helping the opening post with info and/or opinions/theories of what and where that monster could be

THIS TOPIC WAS CREATED TO DISCUSS THE UNDERWATER MONSTER, STOP GOING OFF-TOPIC. FOR MORE MANIFESTO DISCUSSION GO TO ANOTHER OF THOSE THREADS MEANT FOR THAT.

Please if a moderator sees this, help the thread removing/moving to the correct forum all the off-topic coments so the discussion of the main topic stays clear (and feel free to erase all paragraphs in this particular post above this lines once it’s done so it’s forgotten).

About the main topic, I think that it’s very possible that they have a lot of cool stuff already developed and modeled, but they want to save it for expansions.

They would prefer to save some cool stuff instead of throwing all of it on day 1 so they can keep throwing it over time. Probably that monster isn’t the only thing they have under the sleeve. I think we will see it in the future as it’s available resources (and COOL availeble resources in this case) so I don’t think they will remove it if it’s available for future use.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

No one has seen it.

/discussion.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Shootsfoot.9276

This.

To Shootsfoot and Concept:
This is not just YOUR game. It is OUR game.
Loving everything they put into the game does not make you special, we are all the same :O
We have the right to praise devs or to “whine” if they give us reasons to do so.
Maybe we loved the game as much as you love it now, we just don’t like it so much anymore due the deep changes, but we still refuse to think it will stay like this forever, plus devs are not always totally clear so we can still expect a backflip or something similar >.>

I’m not saying you love or hate the game.

I’m saying you don’t have a clue as to what the meaning of a “right” is.

Carry on with your idea of the perfect game.