Limit Champion Boxes to 20 per day

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

You know what’s the solution? Roll back the COF P1 nerf so farmers have a happy time (trapped) inside.

And all exploreable zones are a ghost town none there except for 1 or 2 doing map completion do you seriously want this? finally they breath life in the world and then you want it nerfed so everyone go to cof again ? btw those 1 or 2 individuals busy with exploring the map were often too busy to chat. So that means there was basically none in pve maps. At least in my server i guess it varies a little bit.

So you want the COF P1 farmers out there because they bring “life” to open-world. But don’t what them out there because they bring “mindless zerg” to open-world.

Right…..I believe I understand that….right…

No i like the optional farm. And i don’t see the problem with it. Its a profitable farm works for me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Mindless zerging > mindless posting with “solutions”. The game rewards need to be increased up to the level of champs, not champs brought down to the level of garbage.

Stop trying to bring others down when they’re not hurting anything

Was j/k and partly trolling. Sadly many took it too seriously. I just can’t believe anyone would suggest more time-gating. Many of my guildies now complain don’t know what to do as all the things are time gated. Because they know no matter how hard they try, they won’t get ascended weapon before 2 weeks. I feel like some of them are going to quit in near future.

in Suggestions

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

You know what’s the solution? Roll back the COF P1 nerf so farmers have a happy time (trapped) inside.

And all exploreable zones are a ghost town none there except for 1 or 2 doing map completion do you seriously want this? finally they breath life in the world and then you want it nerfed so everyone go to cof again ? btw those 1 or 2 individuals busy with exploring the map were often too busy to chat. So that means there was basically none in pve maps. At least in my server i guess it varies a little bit.

Reanimating a corpse is not what I call “breath of life”. They gave zones wrong kind of life. Instead making zone really alive, with events that leave consequences across whole zone, and meta events that require simultanious actions of several smaller groups they just made zones big racing circles with zergs running laps pressing 1 and filling bags with 0 effort.

There is nothing wrong with champs rewarding boxes, but there is problem with how whole thing is implemented.
I think they went too far with “jump straight into fun stuff”, since there is no way to have fun and feel satisfied if you put 0 effort into your game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Mindless zerging > mindless posting with “solutions”. The game rewards need to be increased up to the level of champs, not champs brought down to the level of garbage.

Was j/k and partly trolling. Sadly many took it too seriously. I just can’t believe anyone would suggest more time-gating. Many of my guildies now complain don’t know what to do as all the things are time gated. Because they know no matter how hard they try, they won’t get ascended weapon before 2 weeks. I feel like some of them are going to quit in near future.

You make it sound like that’s a long time for an end-game weapon.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Example: Player needs 250 powerful blood to finish up some sort of weapon/gift/backpiece/etc. Normally the player would look up what mobs drop said powerful blood and go farm those bloods. If DR hit then they would move to another type of mob or even another map to get them.
That is not possible (feasibly or in a reasonable time frame) in this game. The most efficient way to obtain the powerful blood is to simply farm the gold to get the mat. It works that way for almost all mats in the game.
Look at the reason behind the problem before suggesting solutions because simply nerfing it isn’t a solution. It will create even more problems in the long run.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

in Suggestions

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

You make it sound like that’s a long time for an end-game weapon.

Ascended weapon is only one of the examples. Exotic dungeon armor is another. Also fractal skin, world boss exclusive skin, etc.

It’s not exactly the “time” that’s in concern. But it’s the concept that “you can’t get it now no matter how hard you work” that’s discouraging. And that becomes “why work hard and invest time on that?”

in Suggestions

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Ascended weapon is only one of the examples. Exotic dungeon armor is another. Also fractal skin, world boss exclusive skin, etc.

It’s not exactly the “time” that’s in concern. But it’s the concept that “you can’t get it now no matter how hard you work” that’s discouraging. And that becomes “why work hard and invest time on that?”

I don’t think dungeon armor is really that bad. I mean, even assuming you run only 1 path, once a day, @60 tokens once a day it’s roughly 23 days to get all 6 pieces. Now, most people won’t run only 1 path a day. Let’s assume they they do 2 unique paths a day, which is 120 tokens / day, 1380 total for the 6 pieces (I think all exotic sets are the same number of tokens, I’ve only checked a couple). That drops you down to 11.5 days for full gear, assuming you do no extra runs for the lesser token amounts, and get no ‘bonus tokens’ from any drops. That’s rather reasonable imo.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

No…no more nerfing. Especially if your proposal is another time-gated content.

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Talcmaster.7391

The Talcmaster.7391

I can appreciate the OP’s feelings on the matter, it makes me sad to see the game degenerate into a mindless loop around a single zone. More time gating is not the answer though. It would just add another item to the list of chores that you need to do every day in the game to make progress towards any long term goals, and chores should not be in games. If they need to regulate the value of the exclusive exotics, they can just lower the odds of them coming out of the boxes. Right now champ boxes are probably the only thing in the game that gives a constant (and decent) reward vs time. And that is something that this game really needs, no matter how you may feel about farming.

Fort Aspenwood – [fury], [SAO], [NICE]
Fun on someone else’s schedule is not fun

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

They were supposed to be a fun reward for grouping together and taking down a champion, a nice group activity that brought people together.

Instead it created mindless zerg trains and hostile exploitative behavior where farmers turn against normal players.

Limit Champion Boxes to 20 per day and this will stop. Normal players will still get a sense of reward, tons of ascended mats will still be obtainable and people will still be encouraged to come together and kill champions- but the zerg trains will die a painful and justifiable death.

It’s time to make mindless zerging time gated, just like every other money making activity in the game.

This is a terrible idea, if you dont enjoy farming the boxes then do something else.
We dont need any additional nerfs.

Also all the people calling killing champs a zerg fest, well guess wat?
They are supposed to be a “Group event” all champs are designed to be killed by large groups of people.
What you should be complaining about is the scaling of these champs instead.
Or you might want to ask for the champs to use new fight mechanics rather than nerfing the rewards.

(edited by ZilentNight.5089)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

My guess is OP has four or five stacks of orange name containers and is drooling over the potential profit offered by nerfing champ drops.
If they followed OP’s demands and implemented it today, the desire by players for Essence of Luck would drive up the price on greens and blues a whole lot as they’d take a hit in availability.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marduh.4603

Marduh.4603

They are supposed to be a “Group event” all champs are designed to be killed by large groups of people.

Any frostforge champion easily killed by by one warrior.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Then the difficulty of the champ is easy, the rewards shouldnt be the problem.
Ask for making the encounter more diffucult.
Nerfing rewards is not the answer.

(edited by ZilentNight.5089)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brienson.7319

Brienson.7319

Champ routes have made the game better for beginners in Queensdale. I always see people complaining that zones are empty, and leveling is a lonely process. Well, in Queensdale it’s not. There are people talking to each other, communicating objectives, teaching others about the game, and making the leveling process for people in this zone much more social and welcoming.

Arenanet was very aware of what giving mobs these kinds of rewards would create. They’re not that oblivious, they’ve been working with MMO gamers for years and they know what their play patterns are like. Saying that they never meant for these rewards to be farmed, or that they were supposed to be a treat for doing something that wouldn’t happen often is absolute nonsense. They never said anything of the sort, that’s just what you think. Arenanet did not add this mechanic to the game on a whim, throw some darts at a board and say “okay, we’ll put this in, add some numbers and just ship it immediately.” The value and accessibility of anything of value that is added to the game when they’ve already got a good read on the economy is going to be carefully considered and tuned. At the beginning of the scarlet event, there was a screenshot that surfaced where a player asked an arenanet employee if they were aware of how much gold they were adding into circulation, and his answer was a simple “yes”. People thought that farm was insane, yet it was hardly touched and remained a fantastic gold farm.

This is really just a case of “I don’t like how those people are playing, please make them stop.”

They don’t want to stomp out farming like you people seem to think, they just want better control of the gains from it.

dragonbrand—

(edited by Brienson.7319)

in Suggestions

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

Heres the solution guys:

make every champion have the same mechanics as lupicus

Then watch the farmers run!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Between the champ drops and the chests, there is simply too much loot in Queensdale.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

You people are so ignorant. Its about balancing the economy. More money in the game makes prices go up. altough it seems that youre richer than before, you are not. What 100g was worth is what 200g is now.

Farmers don’t make just gold.
They produce all kinds of mats and gear that they put in the market.
You don’t take in account the amount of materials,especially t5 and t6,
as well as ectos and rares,that farmers put into the economy.
Given the increasing demand for these materials,do you have any idea of
what will happen to prices if that source is dried out?
Be careful what you wish for.
Also,for inflation to nullify the excess of gold,it would need for prices to increase
not by 100%,but at least by 500%.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

(edited by Aenaos.8160)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

No thanks. I enjoy running with big groups and killing enemies.

Maybe I’m alone on this, but I actually find farming the champions fun. And it’s rewarding, a win win for me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

No need to nerf this at all. I expect it will balance out again once they update event rewards to be on par with champ rewards.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

in Suggestions

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I would like to see people stop lumping all champ farmers in one group of “mean greedy people”. I like to participate in the champ train, and I assure you that I’ve never been rude to anyone. If another group has killed a champ before the zerg gets there, I simply move on to the next one. Unfortunately, there are a few ignor*nt people out there, but please do not assume all of us are like that, as that’s not fair.

If you find individual players being rude or inappropriate, report them.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in Suggestions

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

No thanks.

You need to quit worrying about what other people are doing. If you don’t like it, you can put a personal limit on yourself.

I’m fine with it.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in Suggestions

Vol.5241

You people are so ignorant. Its about balancing the economy. More money in the game makes prices go up. altough it seems that youre richer than before, you are not. What 100g was worth is what 200g is now.

Before you label people ignorant, please understand what inflation is and what contributes to it in GW2.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Suggestions

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

So players who play classes that aren’t as “efficient” as a lone warrior deserve to have their rewards nerfed and limited because you think warriors do it too quickly?

People obviously have a problem with the whole zerg train existing, but its obvious they never put any thought into the situation. They simply react “I DON’T LIKE THAT, IT SHOULDN’T EXIST”. Think more, whine less.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Instead of an artificial time gate, why not just move the boxes off Champions and to the successful completion of events, instead?

The larger, more difficult the event, the better the box.

in Suggestions

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Instead of an artificial time gate, why not just move the boxes off Champions and to the successful completion of events, instead?

I could go with this….

in Suggestions

kRiza krimos.1637

That is one of best ideas any arenanet employee ever had…Oh wait…lol

But seriously, group events should award boxes, and they should spawn champions. On other hand, it would be better if there weren’t so many roaming champs in zones, perhaps people would actually do events and not just rush across map chasing champs.

in Suggestions

Vol.5241

Lets see what would happen
-people would continue to ignore champs and focus on killing off easier mobs for loot, defeating the whole purpose of risk/reward
-end-game, difficult events would be focused on and no one would bother doing any other event on any other map
-hardcore farmers would probably find the most efficient route and ignore all other events
-people would tag an event, kill a few mobs, then hop off to the next event and hope the remaining people will finish it for credit

[Permabanned on Forums]

(edited by Vol.5241)

in Suggestions

Posted by: mojowalker.3798

mojowalker.3798

If just flipping the boxes to be the reward for the event/chain of events, but the event/chain of events don’t involve anything more complex than slaughtering waves of vets and champs, then it’s only shifting the issue, rather than solving it. I think a few of the ideas presented (more complex mechanics for the champs and/or mechanics that increase in difficult the larger the size of the zerg) were spot on. That would provide for a “nerf”, so the speak, on the AA/AFK mentality, while still providing the lootz … which, with the scarlet invasions, I have to admit, I do enjoy.

“If you can’t beat them, get a bigger stick.”
- Some random quote -
The Walkers and the Whispers, ANVIL ROCK

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

Did you realize how hard to get gold in this game?
We already had too many farm nerfs.

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

in Suggestions

Vol.5241

Did you realize how hard to get gold in this game?
We already had too many farm nerfs.

I criticized Anet a ton for their farming nerfs but I have made more gold now than when we had shelt/pen/grub/lyssa

Although this largely has to do with the inflated prices that t6 materials are being sold at.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Suggestions

kRiza krimos.1637

-people would continue to ignore champs and focus on killing off easier mobs for loot, defeating the whole purpose of risk/reward
-end-game, difficult events would be focused on and no one would bother doing any other event on any other map
-hardcore farmers would probably find the most efficient route and ignore all other events
-people would tag an event, kill a few mobs, then hop off to the next event and hope the remaining people will finish it for credit

At least events tell some story, if someone decides to ignore it and just fight thats alright but at least there is bit more meat to it than just slaying some champ that is just walking around…it would be option for those that wants to have a bit more than just slaying for loot, but wishes to be equally rewarded as those that just chase boxes…

in Suggestions

LanfearShadowflame.3189

You mean the stuff they do anyway.

Maybe the better alternative would be to add the boxes to events, in addition to already being on champs. Then, scale the boxes for both champs and events according to their difficulty. We would need some additional support to handle up-scaling of event more so than what we have now. We would also need some tweaking to downscaling of players for the lower levels zones – not only downscaling their skills and level, but also the armor, weapon, and strength of traits. This way decked out level 80s are more “truly” lvl 3 or 4 again (for example), then when the lower end events (like QD) scale up, its actually becomes a challenge again (no 2 hitting the foes).

This would potentially allow for some people to split off from the zerg, as some will prefer champion hunting while others prefer event hunting. It would give a little more in the way of options.

in Suggestions

Posted by: jayb.1329

jayb.1329

man what?
no
no
no
no
no

in Suggestions

Gibson.4036

If enough people do it, the event fails, and no reward. At least this way there would be incentive to make sure it succeeds, rather than just farming the champs involved.

You mean, unlike the champ trains that seem to focus around Frostgorge and Cursed Shore? Doesn’t seem like a loss here.

Like they do with Champs, amirite? Again, no loss, just a focus on event chains instead.

Or, as has been repeatedly suggested, loot could scale based on how often and how easily events have been done in the past. That event farm loop just posted on Youtube? So many people will be doing it, the loot won’t be worth it. Best to get together with guildies or in LFG and go hunting in obscure corners of Tyria for that event chain nobody does, because of the bonus loot attached to it.

People did this for karma farming way back, did it for portal closing credit during the invasions recently, and yes, people often find ways of leeching. What if the end reward for an even was plopped on the ground for you to loot like champ chests? If you bug out after tagging enough mobs, you’d have to at least stick close enough to get in and loot at the end.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

How about increase the loot quality from a box proportionate to the amount of time the champ has been around?

10minutes: generic loot
30minutes good loot (i.e. chance at yellow)
1hour : good loot plus T7 mat
90minutes: great loot plus T7 (chance at orange)
2hours: best loot plus T7 (better chance for exotic, equivalent to how loot currently is)
1day+: same as 2hours, but increased chance for precursor.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

in Suggestions

Vol.5241

Maybe the better alternative would be to add the boxes to events, in addition to already being on champs. Then, scale the boxes for both champs and events according to their difficulty. We would need some additional support to handle up-scaling of event more so than what we have now. We would also need some tweaking to downscaling of players for the lower levels zones – not only downscaling their skills and level, but also the armor, weapon, and strength of traits. This way decked out level 80s are more “truly” lvl 3 or 4 again (for example), then when the lower end events (like QD) scale up, its actually becomes a challenge again (no 2 hitting the foes).

This would potentially allow for some people to split off from the zerg, as some will prefer champion hunting while others prefer event hunting. It would give a little more in the way of options.

And then the hardcore farmers will find the most efficient way to make gold either way. Maybe that involves doing those events, maybe chain-event farming, maybe dungeons. And then people will still complain about what they do.

I don’t know why people want to stop these champ trains. It’s a player choice. No one is forcing you to go there and join in.

It’s as if people keep checking in at these hardcore farmers and want to nerf every single thing that they are doing just because.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Suggestions

Gibson.4036

How about increase the loot quality from a box proportionate to the amount of time the champ has been around?

2hours: best loot plus T7 (better chance for exotic, equivalent to how loot currently is)

What a sense of exploration to suit up with a bunch of other players and go out to try and find those champs no one has defeated for a while.

Could be kinda awesome.

in Suggestions

Vol.5241

Then people who play prime time get less loot than those who play during off-peak hours. Not exactly how you want to segment rewards.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Suggestions

LanfearShadowflame.3189

And then the hardcore farmers will find the most efficient way to make gold either way. Maybe that involves doing those events, maybe chain-event farming, maybe dungeons. And then people will still complain about what they do.

I don’t know why people want to stop these champ trains. It’s a player choice. No one is forcing you to go there and join in.

It’s as if people keep checking in at these hardcore farmers and want to nerf every single thing that they are doing just because.

I wasn’t saying we should stop them. I was simply saying, maybe give us a little more in the way of options. People can farm (efficiently or not) to their hearts content.

I have no issues with the champ trains (so long as they aren’t impeding my play), I don’t ride ‘em. It’s not in my nature to run with the zerg…

in Suggestions

Gibson.4036

Farming doesn’t happen in a vacuum.

Farmers rake in huge amounts of rewards, and in a very short time have their characters maxed out in all the best stuff. ANet looks at that, thinks, “We have to keep these kids in game with something” and introduces new things for them to chase, scaling the requirements to suit a farming income.

The rest of us look at the new BiS gear, and realize that if we play the game “normally”, it will take months and months to get back to BiS, and realize that the only way to get back to a completed character in any sort of reasonable time frame is to go join the farmers killing Champs in little, endless circles, or hopping from “meta boss” to “meta boss” at the dictate of the timer websites, or running the easiest dungeon ad nauseum.

Farming warps the game design because the game starts to be designed around keeping the farmers going.

Either a developer works to steer the farmers into doing a variety of activities, or develops the game with farming as the norm against which material requirements and token costs are balanced.

in Suggestions

Gibson.4036

Then people who play prime time get less loot than those who play during off-peak hours. Not exactly how you want to segment rewards.

Or people who move to less populated servers, which is what ANet would like to encourage. Hmmmm…..

And I’m on one of the most populated servers in the game, but I still like the idea.

There are plenty of corners of Tyria where people who happen to be leveling run past champs because there are never enough people around to do them, even during prime time.

If nothing else, this might at least encourage bigger farm loops. Imagine the zerg sweeping through half the zones on the map in a certain order rather than just spinning around three or four champs.

Another idea would be to create travel paths for a lot of the current champions in game, similar to how guild bounties work. Imagine if the farm train had to fan out and locate the next champ in line, coordinating through map chat, instead of knowing exactly which WP to hit next.

(edited by Gibson.4036)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

They were supposed to be a fun reward for grouping together and taking down a champion, a nice group activity that brought people together.

Instead it created mindless zerg trains and hostile exploitative behavior where farmers turn against normal players.

Limit Champion Boxes to 20 per day and this will stop. Normal players will still get a sense of reward, tons of ascended mats will still be obtainable and people will still be encouraged to come together and kill champions- but the zerg trains will die a painful and justifiable death.

It’s time to make mindless zerging time gated, just like every other money making activity in the game.

Actually what will happen is people will kill specific champs only and they will be zerged. Until of course until they have their 20 boxs.

All this will do will break community unison.

Say your in ORR wandering around you run accross a champ. Hey come help with this …. ya no sorry we got our 20 boxs already got better things to do.

Or how bout people that are running dungeons for the added loot that comes from the champs there?

You think the answer is just to nerf it all because there is a huge zerg doing scarlet invasions like 2 times a day? lol.

If anything they should nerf the invasion’s to make them not as profitable, not nerf everything from open world expo, to dungeons just because you dont like the zerg that happens with scarlet. The reason there is a zerg is because Anet announces it accross the entire server to get everyone in to participate. Your logic is flawed when you actually look at the implementation versus the real problem.

A for hostile behavior…. ya when and where? Just because you had one bad experience dont come on here and try to ruin it for everyone else.

in Suggestions

kRiza krimos.1637

Because if you are not in that train you have no options for champ boxes, since every champ is alive like 20 secs after respawining. If I were given option to run zerg train for 5 boxes in 10 mins or some remote event for 2 box in 5 mins i would certainly go for less with few likeminded persons avoiding 8 fps zergfest press 1 melt your cpu thing.

There is whole world full of events nobody touches, some of them really fun and well written. It would be really good to be able to go and do events you like and be at least nearly well rewarded like people that just kill champs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

I propose that stupid suggestions to implement more time-gating be limited to once per account per day.

See you guys tomorrow.

in Suggestions

Vol.5241

Farming doesn’t happen in a vacuum.

Farmers rake in huge amounts of rewards, and in a very short time have their characters maxed out in all the best stuff. ANet looks at that, thinks, “We have to keep these kids in game with something” and introduces new things for them to chase, scaling the requirements to suit a farming income.

The rest of us look at the new BiS gear, and realize that if we play the game “normally”, it will take months and months to get back to BiS, and realize that the only way to get back to a completed character in any sort of reasonable time frame is to go join the farmers killing Champs in little, endless circles, or hopping from “meta boss” to “meta boss” at the dictate of the timer websites, or running the easiest dungeon ad nauseum.

Farming warps the game design because the game starts to be designed around keeping the farmers going.

Either a developer works to steer the farmers into doing a variety of activities, or develops the game with farming as the norm against which material requirements and token costs are balanced.

You are fighting a losing battle if you’re a casual and end up forcing yourself to follow farmers to chase your goal. Farmers will always be in MMOs, that’s 100% guaranteed. Maybe you need to revisit your goals in the game and revise your schedule. In a dynamic world in MMOs it is impossible to balance rewards for casuals and hardcore (farmers)

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Suggestions

Gibson.4036

There is whole world full of events nobody touches, some of them really fun and well written. It would be really good to be able to go and do events you like and be at least nearly well rewarded like people that just kill champs.

Sadly true.

How many times have I soloed an event while out leveling, sweating it out as I got overwhelmed by too many mobs rushing in, finally tasting glorious victory, only to be given a tiny amount of money and a thimbleful of karma?

But I can zerg around auto-attacking Champs or world bosses and build stacks of T7 mats and a receive a steady supply of gold.

in Suggestions

Gibson.4036

In a dynamic world in MMOs it is impossible to balance rewards for casuals and hardcore (farmers)

And you have your reason why some of us appreciate efforts to disperse easy farming.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Because if you are not in that train you have no options for champ boxes, since every champ is alive like 20 secs after respawining. If I were given option to run zerg train for 5 boxes in 10 mins or some remote event for 2 box in 5 mins i would certainly go for less with few likeminded persons avoiding 8 fps zergfest press 1 melt your cpu thing.

People will still skip events that are not worth the time.

I don’t care for your reason. It is rather selfish. You are asking for a nerf because you don’t have anyone to play with is what it comes down too.

I don’t care to typically do events, even if there is a nerf. I’ll do the best farm to get my gold until I’m bored farming then go play WvW.

I’ll happily ignore you and your request for help and any others request for help in the events if the boxes get nerfed because you people asked for a farming nerf and I’m tired of farming nerfs.

It isn’t the farm that is poisoning the community. It is you people asking for a nerf and then expect all of us to follow your way.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

in Suggestions

Vol.5241

In a dynamic world in MMOs it is impossible to balance rewards for casuals and hardcore (farmers)

And you have your reason why some of us appreciate efforts to disperse easy farming.

You make it sound like that’s as easy as pushing a button.

You nerf what we’re farming, we’ll just go on to the next one. You nerf that, we’ll go to the next one.

i.e. in the past year…
plinx>megan>shelt/pen>grub>lyssa>southsun>cof>coe>gauntlet/pavillion>anchorage>scarlet>fgs>???

Until we reach the end and the whole game becomes unrewarding, which defeats the purpose.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Suggestions

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

It’s impossible to stop farmers. Whenever you change the rules, you just create a new best place to farm. The farmers will all then head to that best place. Farmers are a force of nature in MMOs. No matter what you do, farmers gonna farm.