Limit Champion Boxes to 20 per day

in Suggestions

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Another great suggestion by me…lol

1 champion per account per day…lol

That will fit in with all the other 1 per day per account nonsense…

Why would any player want loot nerfed?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

A certain demographic of players doesn’t like it when someone earns more than them.

It’s no different than in real life when minimum wage workers complain CEOs earn double their salary in a day, as if they are entitled to making that much compensation.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

They are supposed to be a “Group event” all champs are designed to be killed by large groups of people.

Any frostforge champion easily killed by by one warrior.

Prove it.

Take your warrior and use fraps and upload a video of you solo-ing every champ in Frostgorge please.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

what’s next, anet limiting their players to 45 minutes of play time per day? This is ridiculous.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zanryu.3417

Zanryu.3417

Or you know.. let the people that are willing to put in the work to farm like maniacs reap the rewards? It’s not a broken amount of gold/hour like Deadeye and everyone has equal access to it. The zerg doesn’t prevent you from playing normally, in fact one could argue it somewhat helps in keeping your zones champion free as you explore. In FS you have a large group available to do Jormag since they tend to want to get the chest from him too.

I don’t like how some of the people in a zerg behave, nor the mob mentality, but I don’t think the main method of making money for most people should be nerfed into the ground like that in a game that probably already holds the title of “Most Things Nerfed”.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I’m sorry, but if I do the highest level heart, what do I get? Maybe 3s??? If I do an event, I often get nothing but a puny amount of karma. Where exactly should I get some in-game money? Nobody… ok, pretty much nobody… does the temples in Orr anymore. I wish they would. Those offer great loot and I found the few I did to be loads of fun. But there are very, very, very few times that I find anyone doing anything around the temples. And even if they are, they sure don’t talk about it. I map ask first thing if any events happening, and I never get a response. I am on Isle of Janthir server.

So, Frostgorge champ train and the odd world boss are the only ways I can get anything good. I don’t have a dungeon group. I hate jumping puzzles. PvP stuff can’t be used anywhere else or sold. WvW is ok once in a while but for me the WPs are too far from the action usually, which means if I die I have to run for 5 mins alone to try to get back to the fight, usually get murdered in the process by roaming PvPers.

So, I do not agree with this suggestion to nerf or limit champ loot. It’s fine as it is since nobody getting hurt. If you don’t want to participate, then don’t. Just like it’s my choice not to participate in other areas of the game that I don’t enjoy. Also, the stuff I salvage and sell on the TP is obviously needed/wanted, since it is purchased within moments of listing! So… maybe I’m helping other players and myself at the same time??!!

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I’m sorry, but if I do the highest level heart, what do I get? Maybe 3s??? If I do an event, I often get nothing but a puny amount of karma. Where exactly should I get some in-game money? Nobody… ok, pretty much nobody… does the temples in Orr anymore. I wish they would. Those offer great loot and I found the few I did to be loads of fun. But there are very, very, very few times that I find anyone doing anything around the temples. And even if they are, they sure don’t talk about it. I map ask first thing if any events happening, and I never get a response. I am on Isle of Janthir server.

So, Frostgorge champ train and the odd world boss are the only ways I can get anything good. I don’t have a dungeon group. I hate jumping puzzles. PvP stuff can’t be used anywhere else or sold. WvW is ok once in a while but for me the WPs are too far from the action usually, which means if I die I have to run for 5 mins alone to try to get back to the fight, usually get murdered in the process by roaming PvPers.

So, I do not agree with this suggestion to nerf or limit champ loot. It’s fine as it is since nobody getting hurt. If you don’t want to participate, then don’t. Just like it’s my choice not to participate in other areas of the game that I don’t enjoy. Also, the stuff I salvage and sell on the TP is obviously needed/wanted, since it is purchased within moments of listing! So… maybe I’m helping other players and myself at the same time??!!

You either have not checked Orr since the last update or you have a dead server. People actively complete these temples for Dragonite Ore.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

Best suggestion:

Limit badideaspostedongeneralforumeventhoughtheyshouldactuallybeinsuggestionsorrathe-rnotspokenofbecausetheyareextremelystupid to one per day

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

You either have not checked Orr since the last update or you have a dead server. People actively complete these temples for Dragonite Ore.

^^^^this.

Since the introduction of T7 mats, there are almost always people on during my prime time that are running the various temples. Even Balthazar (though not as often).

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

20 per day … uh that is less than 1 per dungeon path. There are usually at least 2 per path …

That aside. Just play and stop worrying about what other people are doing. Those champ farms are boring and tedious anyway.

Instead of an artificial time gate, why not just move the boxes off Champions and to the successful completion of events, instead?

The larger, more difficult the event, the better the box.

Fine in theory but that turns it into an all or nothing situation. That just kicks the impact from d/c and crashes up a few notches. The larger, more difficult the event the bigger amount of time wasted. You only have to check the bugs/tech support sections occasionally to see that those are frequent enough that they are an issue.

There are also plenty of champions which aren’t related to any event. Most of the ones being farmed in frostgorge fall under this category.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Fine in theory but that turns it into an all or nothing situation. That just kicks the impact from d/c and crashes up a few notches. The larger, more difficult the event the bigger amount of time wasted. You only have to check the bugs/tech support sections occasionally to see that those are frequent enough that they are an issue.

That is a good point.

There are also plenty of champions which aren’t related to any event. Most of the ones being farmed in frostgorge fall under this category.

Right. It seems like it would make sense to me for events to reward more than random champs standing around that you can easily rotate through in a circle.

Yes, farmers will always find the path of least resistance. There are things, however, that could be tried to make it take a little bit more work than running in a circle hitting the same three champs on a map.

There are things that could be done to make non-farmers get at least close to as much reward as well.

In the end, I’m not really concerned that people are running around in a circle auto-attacking the same few champs ad nauseum. I am concerned that activities like these far outclass the rewards you can earn doing other things in the game. I am concerned that Ascended gear seems to be balanced for those people, which screws those of us who actively play through the world, doing things here and there, and following our sense of fun.

The problem here is that the game seems to keep going in an direction that asks you to choose between intrinsic and extrinsic reward. Forgo intrinsic reward, and get extrinsic reward faster. Choose intrinsic, and it will be a long time before you see the intrinsic.

Surely there is a way to allow for both.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

That is a good point.

Right. It seems like it would make sense to me for events to reward more than random champs standing around that you can easily rotate through in a circle.

Yes, farmers will always find the path of least resistance. There are things, however, that could be tried to make it take a little bit more work than running in a circle hitting the same three champs on a map.

There are things that could be done to make non-farmers get at least close to as much reward as well.

In the end, I’m not really concerned that people are running around in a circle auto-attacking the same few champs ad nauseum. I am concerned that activities like these far outclass the rewards you can earn doing other things in the game. I am concerned that Ascended gear seems to be balanced for those people, which screws those of us who actively play through the world, doing things here and there, and following our sense of fun.

The problem here is that the game seems to keep going in an direction that asks you to choose between intrinsic and extrinsic reward. Forgo intrinsic reward, and get extrinsic reward faster. Choose intrinsic, and it will be a long time before you see the intrinsic.

Surely there is a way to allow for both.

You clearly have no clue how ascended gear is obtained.

If you think champ farming is the way to get it your gonna be farming for awhile.

They made getting the ascended weapons based on actually playing the game as you just suggested…

Dragonite ore from temples/world bosses as well as WvW.

Emp Frags from dungeons end reward 20 per path, or jumping puzzles, or chest throughout the lands, or by taking towers/keeps in WvW.

Dust, drops in abundance from champs, dungeon champs, in WvW…… I have 3000 dust and I don’t farm champs at all lol.

The various other elements needed in the weapons include metals and woods that have ZERO to do with champ farming.

If thats not well rounded enough for you I don’t know what would be.

I would say ascended gear is more geared towards people that actively play through the world by a large margin. The only thing champ farmers get from farming champs is dust and a ton of random gears ranging from whites to greens for the most part.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

what’s next, anet limiting their players to 45 minutes of play time per day? This is ridiculous.

You have been active for one hour. Please take a break.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

A certain demographic of players doesn’t like it when someone earns more than them.

It’s no different than in real life when minimum wage workers complain CEOs earn double their salary in a day, as if they are entitled to making that much compensation.

I could care less with how much is being earned by whom. However, if I wanted to experience open world events in Tyria, I want it to be as engaging as it can be. Right now, although open world seems much livelier with players, the encounters become trivialized much like what happened to world events when they added guaranteed rare drops from chests. The effort to reward ratio is rather off compared to doing other world events that require some sort of coordination to start up or finish, dungeons or jumping puzzles or pretty much anything else. And it spoils the game for the rest that doesn’t want to zerg all day.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want them nerfing the loots. I just want that state where each and every part of the game offers rewards based on time and effort invested REGARDLESS of how many people participate in it. The core problem I see here is that any kind of event becomes a brain-dead auto attack fest when more than 20+ or 50+ players join in. And that other events are much harder to initiate and complete while others have pre-events that can be waited out and then stand in one spot and auto attack the boss but these events give EQUAL chances of obtaining the same rewards. That’s just ridiculous. And that’s basically the reason why not all events in every zone are not being actively participated in right now. People will go for the easiest ones since they give the same rewards anyways.

The rewards are now worth it if you consider, say, a solo player who wants to challenge champs or a party of 5 roaming around Tyria doing the same. But if a massive zerg forms a determined route because of the lame fixed timers on boss respawn, the events and champs suck so bad, I’d rather send all these farm-whores back to CoF P1 if easy peasy loot is all what they wanted. It’s the scaling that they need to fix. And the stupid fixed timers on events. If these two are adjusted accordingly, we might see some improvement. I said MIGHT because there will always be that group of players that will find the most optimal way of gaining the most loost per hour along a path of least resistance.

And here’s the kicker about Champ loots. Yeah, different monster types drop different kinds of bags but there are bags that drop more and better unique boss weapons compared to others. And these skins can be easily bought and sold off the TP. As if they never learned from the Legendary weapons. Ugh. If I wanted a unique champ skin, but that champ is hardly ever farmed, I am much better off joining the farm train to get as many bags as I can per hour, sell all loots and unique weapons I don’t like off the TP, earn gold and buy the one I wanted. The value of these supposedly rare skins become so low that wielding one doesn’t give you the opportunity to be proud like: “Hey I slayed this giant Champ somewhere and got rewarded with this cool skin because of my effort.” Instead, like how legendaries are right now, when I see a cool unique looking weapon, I’m just like: “Wow, you must have totally farmed your kitten off to get rich and acquire all the gold you got to buy that weapon off from the TP.”

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

(edited by Gallrvaghn.4921)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Anet needs to encourage champion farming in non-beginner zones. Too many players are just farming champs in 1-15 zones.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Why do I get the feeling that casual players hate it when other people make more gold than them? Is that why you want this nerfed? You hate it when people have more time than you?

It’s not that.

I was in Frostgorge yesterday (had some time left and decided to get some wood and ore). Naturally, there was a zerg going on. And there were some other people playing. Who were called trolls because they killed the champions the zerg was farming. I’m sorry, but that is so very wrong. If I’m in a group and we decide we can take a champion we encounter, we will kill that champion even though it’s one of the champions the zerg is chasing. And I’ll be called a troll for that. Because I actually play a game…

in Suggestions

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

I strongly disagree with time-gating. If they want to pull players by rewards for team play limiting loot to X number per day is going to do the exact opposite. Leave it the way it is, and imo just buff the champs to have 50-75% more life to counter mindless zergs, or add more difficulty overall.

Lately each event released has been nothing more than “trial and error” between the devs and the players. The Karka event may have been one of the first, but it also promoted team work + strategy/rezzing others. It was also buggy sure “trial and error”, but atleast the karka queen didn’t go down in 3 minutes or 40 seconds.

That’s how I think each champ should be made/improved. If people want to zerg champs, scale them up according to how many players around/damage being inflicted.

I’m sure others would enjoy a more epic feel to a fight than just kill/ move on/ kill/ move on. Even if some people are running around clueless, they could still contribute towards taking down the champ/boss at the very least.
_________

However, if one person happens to be around and chooses to try and solo a boss or champ, keep it at an appropriate difficulty. (1v1)

It gets very upsetting trying to take down a boss or champ only to find they’re scaled ridiculously high and there’s hardly anyone at current map to help or most of your friends are offline.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

in Suggestions

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

OP: Please nerf rewards for zerging!
ANet: lol

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Champions should scale up much better with larger zergs, thats what needs to be done. Not this 10sec zerg slaughter. If that many people are around it needs a massive healthboost to actually drag the fight out, give it use of a new skill or two and maybe even pull in some strong adds.

in Suggestions

Namu.5712

Why do I get the feeling that casual players hate it when other people make more gold than them? Is that why you want this nerfed? You hate it when people have more time than you?

It’s not that.

I was in Frostgorge yesterday (had some time left and decided to get some wood and ore). Naturally, there was a zerg going on. And there were some other people playing. Who were called trolls because they killed the champions the zerg was farming. I’m sorry, but that is so very wrong. If I’m in a group and we decide we can take a champion we encounter, we will kill that champion even though it’s one of the champions the zerg is chasing. And I’ll be called a troll for that. Because I actually play a game…

Thats not the games fault. Its not the games mechanics fault.

It is the players.

Stop trying to change the game because of how people play.

Before people didn’t really do champs because honestly it wasn’t worth the time to solo it. And most people were busy doing other things so unless you were out with friends and for giggles decided to kill it there would be next to no reward.

Now they make it rewarding and worth doing.

in Suggestions

Namu.5712

Champions should scale up much better with larger zergs, thats what needs to be done. Not this 10sec zerg slaughter. If that many people are around it needs a massive healthboost to actually drag the fight out, give it use of a new skill or two and maybe even pull in some strong adds.

This

Champs need to scale big time. A 50 man zerg shows up champ is dead in 10 seconds…. screw that boost his hp to a kittened high amount. Have him spawn some silver vet adds that actually hurt when they do damage. Make the zerg actually have to do something other than spam 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 as fast as they can till it dies seconds later.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Champ routes have made the game better for beginners in Queensdale. I always see people complaining that zones are empty, and leveling is a lonely process. Well, in Queensdale it’s not. There are people talking to each other, communicating objectives, teaching others about the game, and making the leveling process for people in this zone much more social and welcoming.

Not on my server. It is a mindless zerg of L80s running in circles and taking up chat constantly talking about what’s next, where to go next, and so on. They act like they are on some legendary crusade and leading each other to a massive victory.

There is no teaching going on and low level characters are lucky to get to the champs in time if they don’t join the mindless zerg. Heaven forbid you enjoy an actual fight with a champion because the zergs turn it into an auto attack fest. If you start a champion like Troll without waiting for them to do whatever champ they are on or for their cycle they get rude and angry about it. They act like they are in charge of the map and expect other players to play their way. These zergs are not going around helping other players or contributing in a fun conversation. They are just WP to WP swarming over every champion as soon as they spawn.

I actually spend a lot of time in Queensdale because I like helping new players and lower level players. This mess is not helping them one bit. If someone asks a question in chat it gets buried by zerg fest banter before most people see it. Sure the zerg fest isn’t taking over the rest of the map but they certainly are not contributing either.

The Burninator

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

It’s a stupid idea and not a solution to anything. People farming is fine as long as the farming isn’t making the gameplay for others worse, like failing events on purpose. People get bored of farming and will go back to playing the game as intended.