Link; Anet wanted Kiel to Win?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dezarys.1372

Dezarys.1372

I heard there was an Announcement from Anet saying that they wanted Kiel to win, can someone link me the page>?

Guild Leader of Oakvale [Vale]
http://oakvale.enjin.com

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

There never were such announcement.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

another conspiracy thread I presume? Here are two possible scenarios:

a) anet wants Kiel to win: They create an elaborate event which includes a voting “game” for the players, they invest company time and manpower in this. Players seem to favor the other candidate. The lamentation of anet employees can be heard throughout the whole city “OH NOEZ; WE WANTED KIEL TO WIN; what are the players doing? – we have to fix this!” They manipulate the votes.
b) anet wants Kiel to win: They create an event without player participation in the election process. Kiel wins, storyline continues according to original design.

So, what do you think? Here some little help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

I’ve saved heaps.. HEAPS of money in way-pointing, so personally I’m happy she won

To be honest, I am much more likely to use a way point now because of the cheaper cost. I feel that the current price is what the price should have been set at from the very start of the game. Maybe we can petition this to be a permanent fixture?

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

It’s easy to say that ArenaNet wanted Kiel to win because some of them did. Without any details, the statement is true, however the opposite is also. ArenaNet themselves were split on who they wanted to win.

Of course you can go into the whole conspiracy of some devs wanting one to win more than the other, thus internally influencing who would be more favorable. For example, a very basic influence was the red vs blue, left vs right and so on, though for the most part, everything was an opposite of the other.

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

I’ve saved heaps.. HEAPS of money in way-pointing, so personally I’m happy she won

To be honest, I am much more likely to use a way point now because of the cheaper cost. I feel that the current price is what the price should have been set at from the very start of the game. Maybe we can petition this to be a permanent fixture?

I don’t get it. Are you insanely poor, or just really poor?

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Not that is is relevant to the topic, but rich people who make it themselves also do so by spending wisely.

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Let me bring some tin foil hats

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

Not that is is relevant to the topic, but rich people who make it themselves also do so by spending wisely.

Yes because when you have 1000+ gold from flipping on the TP, you’re going to look back at the 5g total you spent on waypoint costs and say ‘’Hmm, look at how wise I am in my spending!’’

I just want to know where that person is coming from. I met tons of people during the election who were voting solely because of cheaper waypoints. When I had 3g total and 1 level 80, I was making more then enough to cover waypoint costs just from playing the game. You literally have to have 10 copper in your wallet to be legitimate about your waypoint woes. Sounds pretty stupid to be that stingy about a few coppers and maybe 2-3 silver

Posted by: Shifty.5187

Shifty.5187

During one of the Twitch feeds one Anet employee expressed that he wanted Evon to win, since he would have liked to work on the Abaddon fractal.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I’ve seen a couple employee posts in various parts of the forums going both ways. It was, ultimately, up to the players. Sorry, you simply got out-voted.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

There was never an official link that said that Anet wanted Kiel to win.

What there was was some of the devs declaring their preference for Kiel, just like there were several others (including Colin) that prefered Evon.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

Yes because when you have 1000+ gold from flipping on the TP, you’re going to look back at the 5g total you spent on waypoint costs and say ‘’Hmm, look at how wise I am in my spending!’’

I just want to know where that person is coming from. I met tons of people during the election who were voting solely because of cheaper waypoints. When I had 3g total and 1 level 80, I was making more then enough to cover waypoint costs just from playing the game. You literally have to have 10 copper in your wallet to be legitimate about your waypoint woes. Sounds pretty stupid to be that stingy about a few coppers and maybe 2-3 silver

Add it up, its more than you think. I waypointed 35 times on Monday to save running time to different baloons. 35 * 2.35(let’s say this was a fair average) = 82s 35c in 1 albeit excessive day. If yo don;t think about how much your spending on waypointing and just do it and have been playing since release you have probably spent in the neighborhood of 30g waypointing. Which if you have 1000g+ I’ll give you is not much, but 30g is non-negligible not just to the poor.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Have people crying over this yet? Well. I hope this works to Anet learn for never more do “Politics” in a game.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

You know I thought Evon losing would shut the conspiracy theorists up, considering that a win for Evon would mean more sales for Anet.

But seriously guys?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Have people crying over this yet? Well. I hope this works to Anet learn for never more do “Politics” in a game.

its cool mighty one, once for a while Anet decided to the player base cummunity to select wich content they wanted by a weird system vote (they had to keep players voting more than once).

Edited due high Engrish lvl.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

if i’m not mistaken waypoint in the same map cost now 1s11c previously was 1s38c…
it doesn’t sound so much better than before…

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Time is money my friend. You can make back the money spent in a waypoint very quickly with the time saved by using said waypoint.

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

I believe Kiel was introduced to us in a more personal touch through living stories, while Gnashblade only made his appearance (and a small one) during Zephir Sanctum.

So yes. Kiel has a headstart.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

if i’m not mistaken waypoint in the same map cost now 1s11c previously was 1s38c…

WP price depends on two things:
-your level
-distance to WP

So you’d actually have to compare the WP cost pre and post patch from the same spot.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

If you’re suggesting ArenaNet fixed the election then you’re accusing them of fraud. The outcome of the election was presented as being entirely in our hands. And because they sold “support boosters” for real money, anything less would be fraud. Even if there weren’t criminal or civil liabilities for such actions (I don’t think there would be), if it ever got out that the election was rigged from the start their reputation and credibility would be severely damaged. I don’t think ArenaNet is going to do anything that stupid for a fictitious election.

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

I had a similar theory. Evon was so stereotypically criminal and aggressive in his dialogue that I felt it was a skewed vote from the get go. If it wasn’t for the Abbadon fractal, Kiel would have won by a landslide. Interestingly enough, it was the scoundrel aspect of Evon that gave him a more compelling personality, so it would have been cool to see what Anet did with his story. Its fun to think about, at any rate!

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

It’s been brought to my attention in the recent past that the vast majority of aluminum foil available to the public is not thick enough to prevent electromagnet radiation from controlling you (provided mind-control via EM radiation exists, of course). What it comes down to is power vs. thickness. a given thickness of foil will block a certain percentage of EM radiation at a particular frequency. It’s fairly easy for the government to generate high-powered EM radiation, and foil just isn’t thick enough to block a significant amount.
The co-worker I discussed this with and I did some math and found that at low frequencies (which are said to be the mind-control area of the spectrum), extra-heavy-duty Reynolds wrap only blocks something like 20% of the EM radiation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penetration_depth

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

let us bring out the thin foil hut!

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

let us bring out the thin foil hut!

Got you covered..

http://englishrussia.com/2010/03/03/tin-foil-hut/

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

another conspiracy thread I presume? Here are two possible scenarios:

a) anet wants Kiel to win: They create an elaborate event which includes a voting “game” for the players, they invest company time and manpower in this. Players seem to favor the other candidate. The lamentation of anet employees can be heard throughout the whole city “OH NOEZ; WE WANTED KIEL TO WIN; what are the players doing? – we have to fix this!” They manipulate the votes.
b) anet wants Kiel to win: They create an event without player participation in the election process. Kiel wins, storyline continues according to original design.

So, what do you think? Here some little help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

Anet creates a voting event where both candidates are not presented equally. One is always shown in positive light, and had a lengthy introduction in previous living stories, while the other is always shown with negative presentation, and has been up to that point known only in name.
Use the link you have supplied yourself, think for a while and tell me what other conclusion can we draw from it.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Even though I wanted Kiel to win cause she is a upstanding citizen, I voted for Evon cause I wanted to see the Abadon fractal. If anything, Anet should have wanted Evon to win so they can make more money off BL keys.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

WP price depends on two things:
-your level
-distance to WP

So you’d actually have to compare the WP cost pre and post patch from the same spot.

Or you could say that with Kiel winning, he saved himself 27 Copper! What a deal!!!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

I voted Kiel to once again state that I think waypoint costs are silly. Especially when factored in with repairs.

GW1 had no such costs.

I had hopes that Guild Missions with the promise of “discounted waypoints” as a reward would result in a perma-discount to Guilds that could maintain the reward indefinitely. Alas, I don’t think this is the case. (Granted, I gave up on Guild Missions long ago as they’re not really friendly to guilds with less than 30 people.)

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Should be a new cosmetic headgear item from the gem store.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I still want a tin foil hat in the game. Need to make sure they are trade able though.

Tin foil hat.
Increase Duration of Confusion
% chance that will cause confusion to self upon being hit.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

(edited by anzenketh.3759)

Posted by: lethlora.1320

lethlora.1320

how is there even any doubt about what the election was about

“kiel has sex appeal”

done. this is what you can expect from male gaze, after all.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Wow they really don’t like to lose…

Posted by: RollingBob.8502

RollingBob.8502

One thing I never saw mentioned, was that if Evon won that would have meant a greater probability of the stats gurus doing further stats on chest loot, and a potentially small benefit to buyers of creating more supply of the rarer chest drops.

As for someone spending a gold a day on WP travel, I really have to ask, are you sure you are doing it right? LOL!

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

we humans like to see patterns in everything…. if Evon had won people right now would be pointing at colin & elisabeth wearning evon pins, multiple arenanet employees publicly stating their support for evon etc..

Now that kiel won those same exact reason that didnt change in anyway are being interepreted as just a ruse to hide the fact they wanted keil to win or because they knew players were going to vote for the candidate they didnt support etc..

It is easy for us human to interpret events to fit the meaning we want to give them.

They didnt need to do the election, so if they had an issue with one of the candidate wining they could have easily avoided that. IF they had an issue with i dont know say abaddon fractal would be too much work they could also just as easily promised a different easier fractal.

There is just no reason why they had to rig the election.