List of 150+ QoL Features

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Belenus.9132

Belenus.9132

I’m sure this has been covered already, and if this is the case, forgive me. But re: 25. Option to change “hold right key for camera” into “click right key to toggle camera usage” (I’m running with right key pressed 90% of time). — did it not occur to you at all to use the autorun feature? On my machine it is keyed to R and remains running (or swimming) in the direction you are facing unless you happen to change course or wish to stop. Very handy for crossing vast areas of land or water.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

On the mini map you can see allied players as blue dots. On the full screen-sized world map, you can not. You can not see enemies as dots on either map.

Ok, thanks for info. Yes, seems very exploity to me as well. I was actually surprised there wasn’t a mandatory respawn system when I first ran EoTM; though absence of such a system made sense later, corpse spying still seems absurd to me.

I’m sure this has been covered already, and if this is the case, forgive me. But re: 25. Option to change “hold right key for camera” into “click right key to toggle camera usage” (I’m running with right key pressed 90% of time). — did it not occur to you at all to use the autorun feature? On my machine it is keyed to R and remains running (or swimming) in the direction you are facing unless you happen to change course or wish to stop. Very handy for crossing vast areas of land or water.

And how can using autorun help? I’ve actually bound it away on a distant key since I’m not sightseeing with a notebook on a sofa but fighting while WASDing, doubletap-dodging and monitoring the area.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Anet should take this list seriously. It is packed full of common sense.

I don’t agree with all the points, but the overwhelming majority of them are things that this game needs in order to be on par with features (such as the UI) in other games.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

Oh, one of my old suggestions from the Suggestions forum:
We already have the /wiki chat command, so how about adding a Wiki option to the right-click contextual menu?
That way you could right-click an item link or item in your inventory and instantly open the Wiki page for it.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

Woah, slow down! Only one change per two weeks now =P

26. Option to display player names and armour always in their respective team color instead of “blue=ally/red=enemy” in PvP and WvW. I’m totally confused every time a red enemy comes from a blue base and captures a blue point – this is a consequence of transferring from a different PvP game which always persisted team colors, and I’m sure I’m not the only one with this problem. To make it worse, /team channel is of an enemy-red colour instead of current team color.

I’m confused, my wvw always has persistent team colors in armor, greens are greens, blues are blues and reds are reds… so does my pvp. Do you mean enemies always red?

To be fair though, more clarity is always nice..

Posted by: Foosnark.1784

Foosnark.1784

Option to disable character dialog for specifically triggered powers/conditions. Self and other disabled separately.

(I want to hear when I’m poisoned, adrenaline full, boons due to finishers etc. but not “For Great Justice!” every time I hit FGJ in combat. I don’t need that much confirmation every time I hit the button. The game seems wrong with dialog volume slider at 0 though.)

Lishtenbird.2814

Option to disable character dialog for specifically triggered powers/conditions. Self and other disabled separately.

(I want to hear when I’m poisoned, adrenaline full, boons due to finishers etc. but not “For Great Justice!” every time I hit FGJ in combat. I don’t need that much confirmation every time I hit the button. The game seems wrong with dialog volume slider at 0 though.)

Updated 105. Option to mute skill phrases (“For grape justice!”, “I could outrun a centaur!”, necro minion phrases etc.), with option to choose between self/others, triggered powers/received conditions separately.

26. Option to display player names and armour always in their respective team color instead of “blue=ally/red=enemy” in PvP and WvW. I’m totally confused every time a red enemy comes from a blue base and captures a blue point – this is a consequence of transferring from a different PvP game which always persisted team colors, and I’m sure I’m not the only one with this problem. To make it worse, /team channel is of an enemy-red colour instead of current team color.

I’m confused, my wvw always has persistent team colors in armor, greens are greens, blues are blues and reds are reds… so does my pvp. Do you mean enemies always red?

To be fair though, more clarity is always nice..

The armors can be coloured, but the names (nameplates) are always red for enemies (even if the team is green or blue) and green/blue for allies (even if they’re red). Plus, some armour (like sylvari cultural) is not that identifiable when auto-coloured. I agree that we also have neutral/agressive mobs which use red/green, but if slightly more saturarted colors are used for nameplates and this is an option anyway, that will help people like me.

Oh, one of my old suggestions from the Suggestions forum:
We already have the /wiki chat command, so how about adding a Wiki option to the right-click contextual menu?
That way you could right-click an item link or item in your inventory and instantly open the Wiki page for it.

Added as 159. Adding a right-click function to inventory items/item links to search for it on Wiki (similar to /wiki chat command).

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

Lishtenbird.2814

160. Mining/harvesting always as a single long channel depending on the amount of digs/chops available (custom animations may need to be tweaked though).

Posted by: lZoranl.6859

lZoranl.6859

Being able to use the same weapon in mainhand on the first weapon swap and offhand in the second weapon swap would be nice.

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

I skimmed through your ideas and they would be nice to have. More than anything, I would love the option to make the cursor stand out more!!! I have lost track where the cursor is a couple of times( i have a huge monitor and the cursor doesnt get bigger to scale with the monitor). So sometimes mid fight i will have to stop and scan the screen to find it. :/ Better targeting system is also most welcome!

Posted by: Redhame.5946

Redhame.5946

Here’s a feature I want for mega servers: world chat. World chat is a channel that only members of my home world can access.

We’re not a tier 1 server with constant WvW queues. If we need reinforcements, I can bounce to LA (or some other hub) and call for help. When mega servers replace world specific instances, if I try this, lots of players from different worlds will hear me. Some of them will not be involved in the WvW match, and see my call as spam. Others will be our opponents. If they hear my call for help, it could make things worse. We need a way to call upon members of just our own worlds.

Extra bonus: it will help maintain the sense of community from role playing servers.

(edited by Redhame.5946)

Posted by: Odd Magnet.3970

Odd Magnet.3970

Wow, really 125+ features, didn’t expect that

Personally, there are many I’d like to see, but I I don’t want to many options.
In my opinion most of the options are things you really have to decide if they’re important enough to get some space in the settings.
Too many options are never good, especially with niche options (<0.001% of players using them)

I really hope this Threads gets enough attention and that we’ll see at least some of the options.

Maybe even an CDI with Top 25 lists?

I don’t attract, I don’t repel. That’s kinda odd

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

Option to duel target friendly players

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

+125

All games have quirks, but this game is often a chore simply for lack of polish.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Posted by: GlowSticks.9734

GlowSticks.9734

Highly visible cursor, yes please…

I think every game should have this option. wtf
I’ll always lose mine especially in wvw… I’m like half bind, and wear sunglasses 24/7.

Please make this happen, game is not that enjoyable to myself unless this is implemented. Yes I should probably be doing other things, but I enjoy this game.

Nice list nonetheless, will check out these later, and post my thoughts possibly.

Lishtenbird.2814

Here’s a feature I want for mega servers: world chat. World chat is a channel that only members of my home world can access.

I thought that one was in the list but it turned out it was in another thread that got merged. Added.

Being able to use the same weapon in mainhand on the first weapon swap and offhand in the second weapon swap would be nice.

Makes sense. Added.

Personally, there are many I’d like to see, but I I don’t want to many options.
In my opinion most of the options are things you really have to decide if they’re important enough to get some space in the settings.
Too many options are never good, especially with niche options (<0.001% of players using them)

Most of these features have been suggested multiple times by different players.

The amount of settings which programs like Photoshop/In Design/Dreamweaver or Linux add-ons have tell us that there are a lot of people who find pretty opposite things equally comfortable. There’s nothing stopping you from putting an “Advanced” button where people who need these settings can change them and people who don’t can ignore them. We can add Tab Mix Plus to Firefox or Classic Shell to Windows, but we are not allowed to mod GW2 so we need it implemented officially.

Option to duel target friendly players

Dueling, capes, mounts, guild halls and GvG are out of the scope of this list.

Lishtenbird.2814

Well, I was at least hoping for a “Use/open all” function.

Added 163. “Close all” function for event reward medal alerts (probably as right-click to dismiss all). Those medals like to stack a lot (especially in EoTM) and take up space on the right side of my screen, and it’s not like there’s something new I’m going to see there.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Dual spec
Outfitter style armor switching (where you can program sets in the ui and switch between them)

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

Cultural and Order armor and weapon vendors that only sell rare versions should have a separate tab that only sells the skin unlock for the items into the wardrobe. Costs of these should be balanced around the fact that you need transmutation charges to actually use them, as well as the actual gold cost that others have spent on the skins before.

Posted by: Naqaj.6219

Naqaj.6219

You’re entirely missing the point of that option. It’s not at all about running, it’s about camera control.

Lishtenbird.2814

Dual spec
Outfitter style armor switching (where you can program sets in the ui and switch between them)

So basically it’s options

• 41. Ability to tie several 1-handed weapon sets together for 1-click switching (e.g. sword+focus <→ staff), as well as having them in inventory always next to each other.
  • 43. Ability to tie armor sets together for 1-click switching.
  • 67. Trait templates.

combined. I’m not sure if it should be implemented though – it’s too much of automation IMO.

Cultural and Order armor and weapon vendors that only sell rare versions should have a separate tab that only sells the skin unlock for the items into the wardrobe. Costs of these should be balanced around the fact that you need transmutation charges to actually use them, as well as the actual gold cost that others have spent on the skins before.

Sorry, I do not think it’s a “feature”, I think it’s more of a “make everything cheaper” request. Selling skins in-game makes no sense – they’re selling armour to heroes of their order, and if you’re not satisfied with its quality, you should speak to the head tailor/weaponsmith of your order and advice them on grinding for ascended instead of doing their job in the order;)

Lishtenbird.2814

Regarding 137. Being able to view collections (“read-only mode”) from inventory. I noticed that the Crafting tab recipes in the Hero panel shows the amount of available materials, so there already is an indirect way to check collections and it means that adding viewing collections is not against the “policy” regarding collectibles.

Added 164. Option to block whispers and mail from anyone except your friends, guild members and current party (addresses gold selling spam and harassing).

Added 165. Automatically remove messages of blocked users from chat (same).

Posted by: Amnariel.3659

Amnariel.3659

Some duels and mounts would be ok :P

Btw, +1

Lishtenbird.2814

Some duels and mounts would be ok :P

Dueling, capes, mounts, guild halls and GvG are out of the scope of this list.

But yeah, I also started to feel like wiping a half of that zerg for more playing space, more challenge and personal contribution, normal mob tagging and an FPS/latency boost. Especially the part that doesn’t listen because they have the lang filter on by default.

Lishtenbird.2814

I can say that after appearing in the PvP lobby a hotfix-implementation of features 164 and 165 would be highly appreciated.

Added 166. Automatically add luck when salvaging, or consume on “deposit collectible” (may be an option, however I do not think that first levels’ artificer refinement is worth all the clicking for all other players).

Added 167. Free waypointing to the home city of your race (adds some lore spice, helps redistribute players, encourages “racial” communities especially if cities are removed from the megaserver system).

Posted by: Rod.6581

Rod.6581

Maybe add:

• Ability to take items from BLTP one by one also. Not only “Take All” option.

Lishtenbird.2814

Maybe add:

• Ability to take items from BLTP one by one also. Not only “Take All” option.

I’m in favour of the idea as a player but I see large exploitability here.

Like, I do need this function when I get some things for different alt. But can you think of a way to stop people from using the TP as a permanent large and free storage for flippable items?

Posted by: Darkorical.9213

Darkorical.9213

What if OP is actually Anet dev in disguise and posted their actual wish list to find out what is most important to us players…

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Give guild leaders/officers the ability to create a new instance of the current map when they start a Guild Mission (including Teq/Wurm bosses). The instance will stay “locked” for a period of time, then it will open up for everyone, anywhere (like all instances) so random players can also join, but AFTER the guild has some time to transfer their own members.

It can’t work with Bounties yet, but there must be a solution for Bounties too!

Posted by: Rod.6581

Rod.6581

I’m in favour of the idea as a player but I see large exploitability here.

Like, I do need this function when I get some things for different alt. But can you think of a way to stop people from using the TP as a permanent large and free storage for flippable items?

I see what you mean. Maybe add an option to have classic look or have modified look with timer. So you can take stuff separately with every character but are limited to do it in a 24h. With exception for gold. Since i don’t do TP Wars 2 and mostly buy only when i need something, later would suit me more.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

168. Player housing and guild halls are added.
169. Tengu is unlocked as a new race.
170. Personal story is changed in something similar to GW1.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Simple features to improve quality of life such as:

- Consume/open/craft all ( MF ) functions – this game is too clicky click
- Lock on chatchannels, right now you can set it all up to your likes but easy to click one away as theres no simple lock on it to avoid that
- Guild commander tag and improvement on actions like /supplyinfo
- Fixing bugs that are around since launch.

Edit: get rid of instance being closed whenever the opener ragequits and kicks other people from it, horrible system. Just leave it open for like 30min so the rest can just finish it / find a replacement.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

(edited by Offair.2563)

Posted by: Halure.2571

Halure.2571

I didn’t even read all of them, but yes all around. Keep this board on the first page, yo.

Posted by: Agent Clubbers.8562

Agent Clubbers.8562

Not sure if this was mentioned or not. One more thing to add, please make asuran weapons, especially daggers bigger than butterknives. Otherwise, great list.

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

When equipping a two handed weapon, put the former main hand weapon into the bag slot of the two handed weapon, and put the former off hand weapon into the same bag. Whatever sort of bag the players are using to order their weapons, this makes the best effort at keeping the weapons together.

Stooperdale.3560

Instead of giving one players one option to cover talk, interact, pick up, revive, etc, give players two different options. These can be above each other on the screen and have different keyboard shortcuts. Alternatively, give players keyboard shortcuts that only revive, only talk, only interact with objects, etc.

The description of the action key should to be improved to name the target. Instead of just ‘revive’ it should be ‘revive Lionguard Soldier’.

Stooperdale.3560

Prevent ambient creatures from being in combat with a player after a fear, blind, freeze, or any other effect.

Prevent neutral creatures from putting a player into combat when the creature is not in combat and they also don’t have the player as a target (as the player was in stealth, etc).

Give a better on screen indication that a player is in combat. At the moment we know we are in combat since we can’t see the mini triangle that let us change skills, but that’s the tail wagging the dog.

Stooperdale.3560

I think we used to be able to view/set our utilities for underwater combat while on land, and visa versa. It would be useful to have this back. It would also be useful to have a separate set of traits for underwater combat and again be able to set these from land.

Posted by: ObsidianSaint.1079

ObsidianSaint.1079

I have to give this thread a real thumbs up. If they went through this list and starting working on these it would really do some great for the game.

I do understand on point “78. about having pets and minis” though because it would just mean minis would be everywhere. Causing a hell of a lot more lag. It’s fine atm, people can get their pets out if they really want to but they won’t have them out all the time.

I really think Anet shud take a good look at this list. I never heard of combat mode but now I think it is fantastic and should absolutely be added to the game. optional of course.

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

I went through the first 70 and was truly impressed. Only once before did I see such a constructive and elaborate post.

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

Wow, I read through ever single one those and incredibly I agree with 167 out of 167. There’s some really elegant solutions for across the board QoL improvements.

Really hard to add my 2 cents to this exhaustive list of good ideas but if there is one thing I would change it would be to:

157. Option to turn off contour highlighting and target ring highlighting in no-UI mode (ruins screenshots if a mob/NPC is in the center of the screen and gets highlighted, and makes it difficult to make screenshots with a mini as it often relocates and receives an outline).

I would simply prefer an option to turn off contour highlighting as well as all labels, weather UI is on or off. Really never needed that Sparklefly in front of my face ringed in green with a label floating above it’s head.

Amazing compilation of excellent and doable ideas, thanks for putting this together.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Lishtenbird.2814

Unfortunately, I will not be spending my time discussing the ideas and keeping this list up to date anymore.

Anyone who feels like it – you’re free to continue posting here or recreate a new thread and keep it updated.

Cheers!

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Is there suggestion for option to make HUD elements not to block AoE-circle targeting.

Especially the Target info on top of the HUD.

Since it’s annoying to quick-cast AoE spells on my own feet
(Yes, when player uses an AoE skill, if the mouse pointer is over some hud element, the targeting circle will be placed under said player’s own character’s feet).

Even more annoying if the AoE skill has long recharge and affects only foes…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

These are all good suggestions, and I’d like to see most of them in the game at some point, but I don’t think they should come in a single patch. Even if it were possible, it would result in some very plausible outcomes:

1) The time that it’d take to develop would cause a bunch of unrest about the lack of new content.
2) The bugs introduced would likely not outweigh the progress made, but would still be noticeable enough to complain about.

I don’t know if ANet is doing this already, or if small QoL improvements were consistently pushed out with LS1 updates (the most noticeable thing I saw upon my return was the change to how Renown Heart rewards are delivered), but that’s how they should approach it: With each content patch, you also fix bugs and you do a batch of these smaller, yet highly appreciated, tweaks. Another studio calls them “ninja fixes”.

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Maybe a good suggestion:
Megaserver system has base variable lines that sorts players…

Players have their own template for customized variables, which the megaserver system reads over it’s own set of variables, if such template is created.

But might still have some unforseen consequenses if such existed, very likely…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Posted by: Lymain.6723

Lymain.6723

Kinda surprised A-net hasn’t bothered to acknowledge this list at all. Hopefully they’ll implement some of the easier ones, at least.

[AS] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Mr Niice.2307

Mr Niice.2307

Fully agree with most of the possible quality of life updates! Would love to see a devs response concerning some of these.

~ Cerum

Posted by: yhvh.8703

yhvh.8703

Nice post!

I’d like to add a few things to the list (sorry if you had them and I missed);
- Target of target indicator. Sometimes I want to know, for example, who a pve boss is attacking and across the spamfest of visual effects around the fight is almost impossible.
- Like above, option to tone down other player’s visual effects.
- A clearer indication of combo fields by color. I often mistake light with water, for example… they are so similar! In my opinion, they should overhaul every combo field appearance to be clearer.
- Custom chat channels, please! And customizable chat colors too.

Now, from a RPer point of view:
- Reverting town clothing fiasco. You could have implemented wardrobe system without messing with town clothing tab AT ALL.
- Lack of interaction with the environment, chairs cannot be sat upon, for example.
- Engineers backpacks look BAD if you not envisioned yours Charr-style. Allow us to hide them, or make them at least overwrite-able by regular backpacks.
- Please, turning off on-use/boon player voice “I could outrun a centaur!” is beyond terrible after a while.

Posted by: Hictor.2475

Hictor.2475

For the love of god, Number 24. ARena.net. Number 24

Posted by: sil.4160

sil.4160

- better visual aid of all the fields. Its hard to tell the difference between light and water field sometimes. Maybe white rings for light, and light blue ring for water

- I concur that the down icons need to be different to completely dead players. Its difficult to tell who is down and who is dead on the screen in WvW. \

- The hostile select target indicator which has a red arrow pointing downwards needs to larger or different to down indicator icons. Difficult to see who you have selected when you have many down players on your screen as well

(edited by sil.4160)