List of 150+ QoL Features

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: WasAGuest.4973

WasAGuest.4973

So much goodness in here.

Things I would like to see added:

Food Inventory Block – Place food items in the block and the character auto “eats” it to renew the effects. This would increase the value of food as players would be more opt to seek them out vs forgetting about them.

Option to hide/turn off other players Wings/Back items. – Just a small QoL issue that fits with the next

Option to hide all particle effects other than our own. – During the common zergs, it’s nearly impossible to see our targets with the “Flash and Flair” or over the top particles and crazy looking backpieces.

Posted by: Khados.8147

Khados.8147

One thing I’ve liked in other games…the ability to right-click an item and lock it, making un-salvageable, un-sellable, and removing the ability to destroy it.

Posted by: Lymain.6723

Lymain.6723

Option to hide all particle effects other than our own. – During the common zergs, it’s nearly impossible to see our targets with the “Flash and Flair” or over the top particles and crazy looking backpieces.

Being able to actually see what mobs are doing during events would make them so much more fun!

[AS] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

#interfacecustomization

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

• Being able to stomp/defend from stomping people with the same chance of fighting back:
    It’s ridicle most classes can get an assured stomp in stealth/invulnerability/blind/etc. on a LOW cooldown and others can’t do anything.
    It doesn’t promote skill, it totally kittens the system.
ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

• Being able to stomp/defend from stomping people with the same chance of fighting back:
    It’s ridicle most classes can get an assured stomp in stealth/invulnerability/blind/etc. on a LOW cooldown and others can’t do anything.
    It doesn’t promote skill, it totally kittens the system.

L2P issue, not a “feature”. I’ll redirect you to this thread – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Downed-State-4/ – and quote myself:

Some classes have strong downed skills to compensate for general squishiness (like ele). If you remove it, you have to rebalance everything else.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

Assured stomps shouldn’t be so much easy to get, it’s a total design fail; bring your L2p issues somehwere else.

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

Lishtenbird.2814

Assured stomps shouldn’t be so much easy to get, it’s a total design fail; bring your L2p issues somehwere else.

Again, this is not the thread for QQing about how you failed to make a mesmer use its 60-second-cooldown Distortion and 3 upped clones before stomping you, or anything similar – bring it to the appropriate thread or create your own. This is not a “feature”.

Lishtenbird.2814

Option to abbreviate server names in WvW (Piken Square – PS, Desolation – Ds and so on); can be followed by an option to abbreviate/replace with icons/colors/numbers player’s titles. In ZvZ under all the particle spam and nameplates it’s hard to actually see what’s happening, and turning off nameplates is not really an option.

Posted by: Scar Rufo.7935

Scar Rufo.7935

Really nice post and I would esp love to see any targeting changes implemented; man it sucks to have my Ranger start to shoot random, nearby trash and stop hitting the main mob; I sometimes think that Anet leaves this in to kill ppl and goldsink via WP costs and in the past repair costs…

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Keybind to deselect target! Sick of spamming Esc and having to contend with the main menu popping up dead center.

Click on the ground

Posted by: yayuuu.9420

yayuuu.9420

46. Option to hide chest armour for males and females.

Attachments:

Lishtenbird.2814

Keybind to deselect target! Sick of spamming Esc and having to contend with the main menu popping up dead center.

Click on the ground

In the middle of the zerg? Good luck with that.

46. Option to hide chest armour for males and females.

Hm… There was supposed to be a (s)(/s) tag for comedy effect. Weird.

Lishtenbird.2814

• Option to show both tracked achievements panel and automatic daily panel. Currently the automatic daily panel gets removed if you have any tracked achievements.

Lishtenbird.2814

• Ability to keybind chat channels like /say, /map, /guild. (And maybe an ability to keybind some emotes like /sit to use as an “unstuck” command after freeze in WvW after phase retreat/siege deployment/etc.)

Yes, I know I can type /s[space] and other shortcuts for other map channels, but a) those keys are far away and still take time to type and b) you can have some leftover text space in the chat so it may not work.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

One thing I’ve liked in other games…the ability to right-click an item and lock it, making un-salvageable, un-sellable, and removing the ability to destroy it.

thats why invisible bags exist….not saying r lock clicking aint easier…but with these bags, clicking lock will not happen.

Lishtenbird.2814

thats why invisible bags exist….not saying r lock clicking aint easier…but with these bags, clicking lock will not happen.

Items from invisible bags appear in Mystic Forge though, and AFAIK people who gamble for precursors have already forged their own precursors because of that “feature”.

And why not? Invisible bags aren’t gemstore items, they’re common. Bags are “auto-lock” for everything placed into them (up to 20 items), manual clicking = “manual lock”.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Dual spec
Outfitter style armor switching (where you can program sets in the ui and switch between them)

So basically it’s options

• 41. Ability to tie several 1-handed weapon sets together for 1-click switching (e.g. sword+focus <-> staff), as well as having them in inventory always next to each other.
  • 43. Ability to tie armor sets together for 1-click switching.
  • 67. Trait templates.

combined. I’m not sure if it should be implemented though – it’s too much of automation IMO.

Cultural and Order armor and weapon vendors that only sell rare versions should have a separate tab that only sells the skin unlock for the items into the wardrobe. Costs of these should be balanced around the fact that you need transmutation charges to actually use them, as well as the actual gold cost that others have spent on the skins before.

Sorry, I do not think it’s a “feature”, I think it’s more of a “make everything cheaper” request. Selling skins in-game makes no sense – they’re selling armour to heroes of their order, and if you’re not satisfied with its quality, you should speak to the head tailor/weaponsmith of your order and advice them on grinding for ascended instead of doing their job in the order;)

Dual spec is the ability to name and switch between two trait/equipment setups that we setup ahead of time in a separate set of equipment/skillbar/trait screens that allow for the instantaneous out of combat switching of roles ( for the few of us who do actually attempt to use the so called half broken roles in the game outside of Zerker in the open world, but that’s for another post ) complete with Wardrobe interface.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Might want to rename thread if that list keeps going up.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Wow, great list!. There are a lot of simple but super awesome suggestions here that would greatly improve our gaming quality of life. I recognize many of them as suggestions that have existed since launch, and some new ones. I really wish the devs would spend more time on many of these, which seem very simple to do.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Trait preset system.

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

I need this one:

25. Option to change “hold right key for camera” into “click right key to toggle camera usage” (I’m running with right key pressed 90% of time).

Lishtenbird.2814

Might want to rename thread if that list keeps going up.

At a concrete point in time my belief in value of my non-positive feedback plummeted, and I stopped wasting my time keeping the lists of bugs and features systematised and updated. If anyone feels like it can make a difference and wants to keep the list going and sorted by categories, feel free to grab the initial list and tidy it up in a new “175+ features” post.

Dual spec is the ability to name and switch between two trait/equipment setups that we setup ahead of time in a separate set of equipment/skillbar/trait screens that allow for the instantaneous out of combat switching of roles ( for the few of us who do actually attempt to use the so called half broken roles in the game outside of Zerker in the open world, but that’s for another post ) complete with Wardrobe interface.

I used to think that it’s “too much automation”, but after having to switch again and again between “General PvE spec”, “Crown Pavillion PVT/zerk spec”, “Gauntlet zerk spec”, “WvW tournament spec”, “EoTM achievement train spec” and “PvP weapons set”, I agree at this point that we need spec presets…

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I made a long ui post back when they actually had a suggestions thread about the need for certain ui elements in and around the main toolbar and I asked for a dual spec button with an outfitter in the background that would switch preset builds, a button for the minis even if they are kept in the minibank they could be summoned from this button, a botton for consumeables in your bags so you can use them on the fly without constantly opening bags, and recently with the creation of the megaserver I asked for a ui element that would allow better control over which “channel” we ended up in using the single shard design that many games use, with labels like “guild” “friends list” “Party” on the channels that found players from those lists. None of it was reviewed. Do they listen only to reddit or something?

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Amnariel.3659

Amnariel.3659

Better UI/Targeting
Add an option to Accept someone as friend,not just he Adds me then he can always see if I am online or not
Add more Vanity armor items for Medium too.

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Well, another thread got necroed, so dont let this die too.
Did OP or anyone else for that matter got any feedback?

The lack of “use all” and “buy more” options are still a thing and i would die for trait templates.

Also, i dont remember who asked recently from ANet about the template thing, but some kind of equipment pool where only those weapons and armors appear what you use would be lovely. It drives me nuts when my Equipment tab is full of loot and i have to deal with finding what i need on the fly.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Infinite Tools

Tools become an account unlock as opposed to an actual item.

Players can then select the tool on each character from a pool, which is brought up in a similar way to utility skills.

Attached is a picture that not only illustrates what I mean, but also shows off my epic Paint skillz.

Attachments:

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Lishtenbird.2814

The lack of “use all” and “buy more” options are still a thing and i would die for trait templates.

Trait templates have been discussed by devs some time ago. It looks like they’re currently in development (maybe at an early stage, though) or will be some time soon™.

but some kind of equipment pool where only those weapons and armors appear what you use would be lovely. It drives me nuts when my Equipment tab is full of loot and i have to deal with finding what i need on the fly.

The new Equipment panel does it, more or less. You can also put those in an invisible bag at the bottom of inventory – at least that’s what I did. And, once you get ascended, you can distinguish them by colour. But having an icon overlay on usable gear may be a nice idea.

Tools become an account unlock as opposed to an actual item.

Although I agree this is a nice feature, I do not see it coming as it will lead to ANet losing money and a looong queue of refunds. Well, maybe, just maybe they will come up with gathering tools pool unlocker or something like that, which you can buy from gem store to make your gathering tools accessible from all characters.

Posted by: vpchelko.4261

vpchelko.4261

Bump!
Support!

Lishtenbird.2814

• The right-click alternative to /join Username command.
    • With megaservers implemented, we have to taxi guildies very often.
    • “Invite to party” causes problems when several people invite to party. Instead, we need to tell people to “Join party”, which works unreliably, especially with several people doing it together, or does not appear when a party hasn’t been formed yet.
    • Many nicknames have characters which cannot be easily typed with another player’s keyboard layout (accents), or are difficult to spell. Looking for the account name instead is annoying and requires extra time.
  • Character-specific “Auto targeting” setting.
    • Auto targeting is very convenient for some classes like mesmer which requires almost everything to be targeted.
    • Auto targeting is very inconvenient for some classes which use untargeted leaps and rushes.
    • Switching between these settings each time you switch alts and remembering whether it’s on or off after your last session is a pain.
  • Split guild kick/invite permissions.
    • Many people would like to let players invite friends, but not kick.

Posted by: Coopziana.1802

Coopziana.1802

• Split guild kick/invite permissions.
    • Many people would like to let players invite friends, but not kick.

There are a lot of permissions I’d like to see split. for example:

Activate Build Items: I want all my members to be able to activate Banners (as they are a throw away item anyway), but I don’t really like the fact that they can also activate “Guild Karma Boost” for example.
Create a split for these things so we can better organise what Our members can do without being trolled by someone.

Like & Subscribe to “Game Slobs” on YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/gameslobsuk

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Geeze a lot of these QoLs can be solved by either in-game UI customization just like in GW1 or UI Customization through AddOn. ArenaNet obviously needs help in this department and I’m surprise why they have not made this available as an AddOn.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

+1 More.

Remove that bug that sometimes causes people to get stuck in giant chests like the Karka/Tequatl chest, amongst others (Especially humiliating when playing an Asura).

I ? Karkas.

Lishtenbird.2814

Activate Build Items: I want all my members to be able to activate Banners (as they are a throw away item anyway), but I don’t really like the fact that they can also activate “Guild Karma Boost” for example.
Create a split for these things so we can better organise what Our members can do without being trolled by someone.

Agreed. Makes perfect sense.

Geeze a lot of these QoLs can be solved by either in-game UI customization just like in GW1 or UI Customization through AddOn. ArenaNet obviously needs help in this department and I’m surprise why they have not made this available as an AddOn.

I doubt Add-ons is something ANet wants to see in this game, both from monetary and gameplay points of view.

+1 More.
Remove that bug that sometimes causes people to get stuck in giant chests like the Karka/Tequatl chest, amongst others (Especially humiliating when playing an Asura).

Why “especially humiliating”? Still, it’s more of a bug than a feature. Have you reported it in the Bugs section?

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Agreed. Makes perfect sense.

I doubt Add-ons is something ANet wants to see in this game, both from monetary and gameplay points of view.

+1 More.

Why “especially humiliating”? Still, it’s more of a bug than a feature. Have you reported it in the Bugs section?

I haven’t. ;;

It’s just that being so small as an asura, you’re getting stuck in a giant box looks ridiculously sad.

Also, I had something else but I can’t remember.

I ? Karkas.

Lishtenbird.2814

According to the announcements, we’ll be getting some nice upgrades to the crafting system. Doesn’t look like we’re getting “favourites” list in crafting, though, so here’re another small suggestions:

• [x] button in the search field to clear current search. Very often I focus on using mouse while crafting, and switching to keyboard to remove the search query which persists there is a bit annoying.
  • Clearing search field on leaving crafting stations, including switching to other crafting stations and switching characters.

Posted by: Adam.7095

Adam.7095

I want to add:

1: Being able to sit on benches
2: Fade out UI when out of combat

Lishtenbird.2814

I want to add:

1: Being able to sit on benches
2: Fade out UI when out of combat

1 – won’t happen; they’ve said somewhere that it cannot be done without modifying the current system in a substantial way. What however can happen, as stated back then, is a special chair item which can be activated to sit on (similar to the broom toy).

2 – makes sense.

Lishtenbird.2814

• “Buy more on TP” and “Sell on TP” right-click menu options for items in Mystic Forge window.
  • Not losing focus from chat panel when receiving a tournament invite. Happens a lot if you’re chatting waiting for the next tPvP round; makes you lose half of you sentence if you don’t pay attention.

Posted by: Rolf.4173

Rolf.4173

I have few feature requests that should not be hard to implement:

1. Option for hiding headgear could be also placed on the Outfits tab.
2. Context menu option “Search Trading Post” could be added into the Miniatures tab.
3. Option “Randomize Finisher” could be replaced with selection of multiple finishers.
(so only selected finishers will be used)
4. Tonics and toys could be integrated into the Hero panel.
5. Geodes and Bandit Crests could be placed in the Wallet.
6. Foxfire Clusters could be placed in the Material Storage.
7. Section “Summary” on the Achievements tab could be splitted into sections “Summary” and “Login Rewards”.
8. Sections “Ectoplasm Refinement” and “Obsidian Refinement” on the Crafting tab could be merged into “Refinement”.
(so it will be more comfortable to refine all materials)
9. Dowels could have separate section on the Crafting tab.
(so players can’t accidentally craft dowels instead of planks)
10. Option “Use” could use all Essences of Luck at once.
11. Two different symbols or colors of symbols could be above downed and dead players.
(so players with low detail setting can easily distinguish who needs help first)
12. Waiting queue for option “Join in …” could be added.
(so players will not be forced to spend several minutes clicking on this option when they want to join party members in full map)
13. There should not be limit for sending mails between friends.
14. Selected chat channels for each tab should persist after relog to another character.
15. Guild chat should persist after relog to another character.
16. Party chat should persist after party disband.

Posted by: Mamatereza.1709

Mamatereza.1709

1. Separate On / Off names for Npc’s, Vendors & Quest Npc,s
2. Separate On / Off names for players, party, guildmates, friends, minions, miniatures
3. Separate On / Off names for hostile, neutral mobs
4. On / Off HP bar for all the above
5. Separate Self On / Off for name, minions, HP bars
6. Separate Animation Quality Option for self, players, mobs
7. Option to Show Only Your Conditions On mobs
8. Separate Char Limit / Quality option for self, other players
9. Separate Sound option for self, other players skills
10. Skillbar Shortcut for Food
11. Move / Resize Target Frame
12. On – Off Skills/Heal/Utilities/Elite Tooltip Description with mouse over
13. Show / Hide Daily Quest Tracker