List one thing you love about GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Coddler’s Cove

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

There are many things but I will list the one that got me interested in the game. Back in 2012, I did a online search for best game coming out in 2012. I ran across a promo video for gw2 which had yet to launch at that point. When I saw the beautiful environments, the really nice character models and the interesting artistic style I was sold.

There are many other things I love about the game but that is the one I will go with.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Best game forum layout??? does that count!?

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Posted by: Wander.5780

Wander.5780

best combat system in an MMO ever conceived.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Exploring the world.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

the bubble glider and Gaile Grey

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

Exploring the world and all its nooks and crannies. There is nothing so awesome as discovering some hidden jp or area that you never knew existed until that moment.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Just one? Not easy at all! But ok …

Fast load times. Every other MMO I’ve ever played makes me sit through dark screens, a series of logos, a spinning circle, a loading screen, all just to get to character select, then there is all the loading after I pick the alt to play. Some of them even make me wait to log out “you will still be in game for 10 more seconds,” thanks ESO ><

GW2 I get in game almost as fast as I can click the launch, login, and play buttons. I can alt swap in seconds. I can get to a new map in seconds.

It becomes an invisible blessing after a while, until you decide to just check what’s going on in another game (I wanted the jackal pet from Abah’s Landing in ESO) and have time for multiple games of solitaire while waiting to get in.

Posted by: Vephar.8475

Vephar.8475

I’m going to list 2 things because I’m a rebel.
1. The lore, I’ve spent hours just reading on the wiki.
2. The openness and freedom to do whatever you want and STILL progress and level. In the base game, they kind of just hand you the game and go “do whatever you want, you’re going to progress no matter what” instead of having a system where you’re tied down and it’s like “go do this quest, okay go do that quest now”

I know the expansion kind of squashed that, but even then it’s still not as restricting as other MMO’s are, not even close.

I love that I can go exploring maps, because every map has weird hidden things if you look hard enough and you still level!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Oh yeah, whoever said level scaling I have to agree.

I know some people enjoy feeling insanely powerful when they go back to a low level area on a high level character and can one-shot everything, but I much prefer having meaningful fights (and being able to get XP and drops) wherever I go.

I also like that it means Anet can use all of the existing maps when creating new ‘end game’ content instead of having to restrict it to the level 80 maps or instances.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Silvatar.5379

Quaggans!!

(15 char)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Sylvari

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

The races.

I eagerly await to eventually play a kodan or tengu.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

The races.

I eagerly await to eventually play a kodan or tengu.

Omg, you have no idea how badly I want to make a Quetzal Tengu Warrior.

NSPride <3

Posted by: King Cephalopod.7942

King Cephalopod.7942

Wandering the world and partaking in anything I stumble upon.

A little savagery now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Don’t cry, Signet of Mercy. Others may forget you, but I will always remember.
Our deficiencies may be overcome by practice and self-discipline.

Silvatar.5379

Beautiful graphics.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

There’s a lot.

I’ll go with the cooperative PvE, as that impacts so much on how people interact with each other in game. In games without this, people often literally don’t want to see others around them when doing events/quests or gathering mats.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

BUBBLE GLIDER LMFAO

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Its gorgeous.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Just one? Not easy at all! But ok …

Fast load times. Every other MMO I’ve ever played makes me sit through dark screens, a series of logos, a spinning circle, a loading screen, all just to get to character select, then there is all the loading after I pick the alt to play. Some of them even make me wait to log out “you will still be in game for 10 more seconds,” thanks ESO ><

GW2 I get in game almost as fast as I can click the launch, login, and play buttons. I can alt swap in seconds. I can get to a new map in seconds.

It becomes an invisible blessing after a while, until you decide to just check what’s going on in another game (I wanted the jackal pet from Abah’s Landing in ESO) and have time for multiple games of solitaire while waiting to get in.

All those extra logos and splash screens are a waste of time but delayed logouts are generally to prevent people from using logout to get away from mobs. I don’t see anything wrong with the concept although in GW2 that would be bad due to bugs(sometimes not an actual bug, applying non-damaging conditions to ambient creatures will have this effect as well) the cause you to be stuck in combat.

Posted by: Revolutionen.5693

Revolutionen.5693

I’ve taken a break from GW2 to play a different new MMO for a while (maybe you can guess which) but what I find myself missing is the GW lore, varied armor, and pvp to some extent.

I used to love the graphics and the combat system, although now I feel there are better alternatives :/

Danikat.8537

Oh, that’s another one: I really like the transmutation and dye system.

It’s really frustrating in other games to come across a really nice looking piece of equipment and then be unable to use it because the stats aren’t right. Or the other way, to find something really useful but ugly. (Like in Dragon Age: Inquisition when I always seemed to be stuck crafting with canine leather, which is bright orange.)

I much prefer being able to choose the stats and appearance of my equipment separately and dye it any colours I like so I can have something that looks good as well as working.

I think it’s especially nice in an MMO because it stops everyone from looking the same, which would be boring. As much as I enjoy customising my own characters I think I spend at least as much time looking at the combinations other people come up with.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yes, the dye system is seriously great (especially since unlocked dyes went account bound).

Razor.9872

Yes, the dye system is seriously great (especially since unlocked dyes went account bound).

You have no idea how much of a color freak I am…

I maaaay have spent thousands of gold on dyes…

Probably have all of them…

(don’t judge me)

lol

NSPride <3

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

“Guild Wars 2 Design Manifesto”

April 27, 2010.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-design-manifesto/

Fire Water Air
FA

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

I love how well the developers keep to their promises.

Razor.9872

I love how well the developers keep to their promises.

You reek of sarcasm. It stinks.

NSPride <3

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

I am giving my second reply now

I love how my Asura Jumps

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I am giving my second reply now

I love how my Asura Jumps

ROFL, agreed!

I love how Asuras move in general… from the way they carry 2-handed weapons over their shoulders, to how they almost lose their balance when they stop moving or strafing, to how their ears flop when they run, to how Asura guardians will spin around their staffs. Their movement animations in general shows a lot of love went into designing them.

~EW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

World vs. World.

Posted by: WabbaJaga.3861

WabbaJaga.3861

Turning into a giant snowball in Snowball mayhem and rolling over everybody. Yeeha!

Even better if you’re an asura and everybody else plays charr. g

Posted by: Eddbopkins.2630

Eddbopkins.2630

Pvp, 1v1 10 skills fast pace combat. No game is more exciting when you know youre class and all of there skills and out play, out dodge, and out minuvure youre opponent.

Silvatar.5379

Anet’s sense of humor as seen with the various Monty Python references in the game, Golems that “meow”, epic April Fool’s Day jokes, and the list goes on.

Posted by: Tulzscha.4231

Tulzscha.4231

All the different builds possible, even if there are only a few “optimal” builds – but with the absence of damage meters and gear inspecting it doesn’t matter too much, I can secretly build tanky and solo bosses while all the silly zerkers are on the ground. ^^

Being able to stick with the profession(s) whose aesthetics I enjoy the most and still play many many different ways and even in different roles is awesome. Not only that but there are always plenty of abilities to choose from. Class design has always been my #1 interest and GW2 nailed it quite well imo.

The art is a close second though. After having reached 100% exploration on my main I found it difficult to do much of it again leveling an alt, but once I changed my mindset from “must lvl faster” to just slowing down and enjoying the sights it was much more enjoyable.

And ofc there are lots more, even little things like what my Sylvari Necro says when his pets die which still makes me giggle.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

like what my Sylvari Necro says when his pets die which still makes me giggle.

I love my asura Necro.

“Good thing I didn’t name THAT one!”

Just kills me every time. lol

Kam.4092

I love my Asura Cheer emote. It’s the best thing in the world. I love the high pitched one for males. (All my posts have been about my Asura)

Posted by: Fleckzeck.4673

Fleckzeck.4673

WVW, it is the best gamemode I ever played:D
It needs some rework and maybe some pupulationbalancing, but it is still one the reasons, why I play Gw2

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Asura. Since GWEotN I wanted to play as a tiny asura waving a giant sword. Now I can, with awesome animations and terrific voice acting for both genders to that.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Danikat.8537

Anet’s sense of humor as seen with the various Monty Python references in the game, Golems that “meow”, epic April Fool’s Day jokes, and the list goes on.

I agree.

I especially like some of the really random stuff, like the room full of turkeys in AC for no reason.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Skyhammer.

And yes, I am serious. Playing an engineer in skyhammer is the most fun I have ever had in pvp.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

Caithe and Faolin

Razor.9872

I love introducing new players to jumping puzzles.

Probably because this pleases both the
“I’d love to teach you the game!
And
“Muhahahaha! Revell in my past pain and rage! >:3”
Sides of me

NSPride <3

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

The very few things, that Anet made right with this game, like no Subscription Fee

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Kam.4092

Jumping puzzles

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

Interesting… two pages in, and not one person has (seriously) mentioned “raids” or “legendaries” or “high mob density and convoluted maps in HoT” as their favorite thing about GW2.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

I can uninstall it any time I like – I can return back to the world any time I like.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

the gameplay, it’s fun to play and just to run around. also it runs nice on my not so nice pc.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Interesting… two pages in, and not one person has (seriously) mentioned “raids” or “legendaries” or “high mob density and convoluted maps in HoT” as their favorite thing about GW2.

I haven’t got to HoT yet, but from what little screwing around in Verdant Brink and Auric Basin I’ve done, I like murdering pocket raptors (Seriously – what is everyone’s problem with those?) and the complexity of the maps. They look like they’ll be fun to learn and just wander through.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Character customization. Fashion Wars 2 FTW.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I would have listed Raids, when Raids would be actually good content and not only boring Dungeons 2.0 where everything you need to do is to kill off only a small string of preprogrammed Bosses one after another.

Its like as if those responsible for it haven’t ever played a MMORPG in their life to know, how a Raid actually looks and works like. However, I know that GW2 basically wasn’t ever by its a design a Game, that was intended to have something like Raids and that its content, thats here only, because a certain part of this Community kept on begging like crazy for stuff like Raids for years.. but until they get some needed fine tuning and rebalancing, as also more depth and complexity, than only being based on the same dungeon concept of "Beat 3 bosses on an always same path and be done with the raid*, until then will Raids never be awesome content in this game, especially as long this content is too exclusive in regard of Legendary Armors (unique legendary skins from them yes, complete unique access to them from Raids only, hell NO, therefore is legendary equipment way too much of a quality of life thing in this game, especially for WvW)

And legendary equipment in itself is way too muchjust visual fluff again to be considered in my opinion something that I think most people would consider ever as something that they would love the most about this game in my honest opinion.

Therefore has this game better and much more valuable things to list up, than legendary equipment.
Items with special skins are in MMORPGs so normal to have stuff like this in MMORPGS. I know absolutely no MMORPG out there, that hasn’t some kind of super rare, super special, super unique looking equipment, that someone would say that this thing is exactly the reason why they love stuff like this the most about the game that they play ^^
Super unique looking equipment is just too ordinary in most cases to be worth it to be named, because all MMORPGS have them…

In 90% of all cases people choose always in questions like this something that is either gameplay related, time related or feature related that is unique about the game either or significantly different than something similar in some kind of other comparison game that will get named too, so that people will know better, about what you are speaking.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside