List your SUPER EASY Fixes/Changes!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

once you got the recipe of crafting a thing, and if you have all raw material enough to craft one, you can just click craft at that item, and it auto make all parts and craft the item. So you don’t have to go back to craft every single part one by one.
I don’t mind the game makes me to watch the crafting process bar runs for crafting each part, for game playing time, but really hate to find out recipe of each part and craft each of them one by one.

I don’t think they can do this because some of the food items are layers deep. For example: Feast of Rare Veggie Pizzas requires 10 Rare Veggie Pizzas, which require Super Veggie Pizzas, which require Fancy Veggie Pizzas, which require Mushroom Pizzas, which require Cheese Pizzas, which require a Jar of Tomato Sauce and a Ball of Dough.

Probably the perfect example right there. However, walking a tree is a basic programmer skill that most will have to master by sophomore year. I don’t think that storing even the several references that feast of rare veggie pizza requires and computing whether you can make the overall items would eat so much memory that it couldn’t be done.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

once you got the recipe of crafting a thing, and if you have all raw material enough to craft one, you can just click craft at that item, and it auto make all parts and craft the item. So you don’t have to go back to craft every single part one by one.
I don’t mind the game makes me to watch the crafting process bar runs for crafting each part, for game playing time, but really hate to find out recipe of each part and craft each of them one by one.

I don’t think they can do this because some of the food items are layers deep. For example: Feast of Rare Veggie Pizzas requires 10 Rare Veggie Pizzas, which require Super Veggie Pizzas, which require Fancy Veggie Pizzas, which require Mushroom Pizzas, which require Cheese Pizzas, which require a Jar of Tomato Sauce and a Ball of Dough.

Probably the perfect example right there. However, walking a tree is a basic programmer skill that most will have to master by sophomore year. I don’t think that storing even the several references that feast of rare veggie pizza requires and computing whether you can make the overall items would eat so much memory that it couldn’t be done.

Oh, I’m sure it can be done. But putting in the ability for the game to do that for you wouldn’t be a “super easy” fix.

And when you run out of something, they’d need a good way for it to tell you what you ran out of and for what steps it’s needed. Just getting an “I can’t make that” message with no explanation would be frustrating.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Yes on DISMISS called target. I have bad nerves. This is super annoying not to be able to undo it.

Make armor sortable by light, medium and heavy on the TP.

Make it so you can find FOOD on the TP. Srsly. Why this still not work??

Also like the idea of having all points on the mini map, not just north. I have a bad time with east/west. People get angry when you tell them to go the wrong way.

Disable or tone down particle effects.

Customizable cursor so us old folks can see it.

Lower price on extractor to something belonging on this planet. It should not cost more than the most expensive set of runes… to get out that most expensive set of runes. Srsly.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Kohlteth.3715

Kohlteth.3715

The next 3 are less easy, but also doable in a decent amount of time:

Duelling: an area 1.5x the size of the length of the longest distance skill a player has available
Duel ends when one player hits 1% health

Guild v Guild (and Guild Halls)

Mounts:
(don’t get me wrong here)
I AM STRICTLY AGAINST MOUNTS IN PVE
however, in WvW you get a different issue (walking 5-10 minutes before catching up to a squad if you survive the run to them)
so Mounts in WvW would be welcome with the following limitations:
1. Any form of damage removes the mount
2. Cannot mount past your own border (which will be defined by which points you control)
3. Cannot mount when hostile players are near you

Or maybe more WP in WvWvW maybe, as you are right is so soooooo annoying running 10-15 mins to catch up and then finding they are now other side of map

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

• Let us assign names to all of our Ranger pets. Not to our pet slots.

Am I not remembering correctly or did they already state why we don’t have this? Wasn’t it having something to do with having to store a name string for all of the ranger pets for every player would get incredibly costly or something along those lines?

On that note:
1)Fix the search feature on the forums.

I’ve not seen any statements by ANet regarding the lack of stored pet names and I have only seen the ‘string cost’ statement as being provided by a few players as a possible reason for it.

However, I do not accept that reasoning as valid (even if ANet themselves have cited it as being the problem) considering the fact that every player is able to have 1,000+ (unlimited?) players on their blocked and friend lists, each with very long (30+ character) custom nicknames stored for them, yet a ranger character cannot have 45 (19 character maximum) pet names stored.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Here you go thanks to Astral Projections:

From that thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Ranger-pet-names-resetting-Merged
MokahTGS.7850:
“This is actually not a bug, it is working as intended. It is not optimal, but to save the names of all of your pets (read: all of everyone’s pets) would require another large name database that ANet did not create. Currently the pet name feature saves the name in the slot, not the pet, so changing out the pet type resets the slot name.
Perhaps someday they will change this, but it is not a bug”.

Jason King
Live Response Embed
“This is pretty much exactly what’s going on.
Tl;dr: we may change this some day, but it’s not going to happen in the near future, and it’s not a bug”.
ArenaNet Community Team
— Live Response Embed —

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Probably NOT that easy to fix, but it’s annoying that the TP still has 1 copper buy orders for things that have a merch price of 1 silver 99 copper, or that the TP will allow you to sell things at a loss (even though you get a warning). Please do not allow 1 copper buy orders for anything, or buy orders that net the seller less than merchant price.

Posted by: Twitch.4635

Twitch.4635

1. Adjust fractal skins drop rate pretty plz, something like 20% since they cant traded or put into mystic forge.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

3. Remove the auto-targeting and pet aggro from ranger warhorn 5. It’s our run faster skill, not our “please go attack that and slow me down” skill.

It’s because it’s a blast finisher. Warrior warhorn 5 is the same way, and both should be fixed (they don’t do damage, so they shouldn’t aggro yellow monsters and put you in combat).

ozmaniandevil.6805

3. Remove the auto-targeting and pet aggro from ranger warhorn 5. It’s our run faster skill, not our “please go attack that and slow me down” skill.

It’s because it’s a blast finisher. Warrior warhorn 5 is the same way, and both should be fixed (they don’t do damage, so they shouldn’t aggro yellow monsters and put you in combat).

omgomgomg ya. I really hate when this happens. I’m running through WvW and use WH 5 and then some deer randomly attacks me!!! arrrrghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Spiderbite.8049

Spiderbite.8049

dont get rid of the party chat when you leave a party

“No, I don’t.”

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

This has GOT to be a super-duper easy fix: Correct the Airship Helmsman so that when you click to travel to The Black Citadel you go to The Black Citadel and not Lion’s Arch.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Hamfast.8719

• Make Achievement Chests something to look forward to again. We used to have a chance to get oddball armors that weren’t available to many parts of the game. (I got most of what is now called the “Apostle” light armor set this way). It would be nice to see that chance again. Ever since April 15th, the Achievement Chests have seemed like poor Champ Bags.

ozmaniandevil.6805

• Make Achievement Chests something to look forward to again. We used to have a chance to get oddball armors that weren’t available to many parts of the game. (I got most of what is now called the “Apostle” light armor set this way). It would be nice to see that chance again. Ever since April 15th, the Achievement Chests have seemed like poor Champ Bags.

Hmm.. not even that good. I absolutely have no excitement on reaching a new achievement chest now. Ho hum, ANet, ho hum. Pretty soon the whole game will feel like ho hum… then what?

Hamfast.8719

• Scale down the SIZE of the next couple of weapon sets you release. The folks that like oversized weapons have had their fill of choices for a long time now. Please introduce a few “normal sized” weapons for a change. Not everyone cares for greatswords you can surf on, or to have staff heads larger than their own heads, or poke themselves in the heel when they sheath their dagger.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

• Dueling
  • Mounts

That horse you are trying to resuscitate my good man is, by now, quite dead; please move on.

And the topic is “super easy” fixes, so redesigning not only one but two complete aspects of the game does not qualify.

Mine would be to open your hero tab to default equipment panel.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Sigh….a nice thread to deal with the simple things, and ruined by people asking for complicated things that would require hard or long coding.

Anyway, tp filter for armor weight

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

This actually used to be in the game, but they took it out. I forget why though.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Kuldebar.1897

Kuldebar.1897

I’d like to be able to rearrange the order of my skills on my skill bars.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Not that it’s that big of a thing to me, but I would like to be able to target myself and see my own name….like we used to be able to do in GW1. But, I have no idea if that is an ‘easy’ fix or not. Also would love to be able to target an NPC and run to them…again, like in GW1. Probably out of the question, though.

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

Let us stop ability activations + auto-attacks with Stow Weapon on bundles (-> engineer kits), like it works with regular weapons.
Esc works unreliably with bundles/kits, stops auto-run + pops a menu if hit too late or twice, which easily happens with a little lag.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

• Take all of the AC weapons. Copy then paste to create a new set. Sharpen all edges. Remove blue glow and flames. Reduce dagger size to 40-60%. Replace chipped stone texture with pristine metal texture. Copy then paste again and add day/night glow effects for ascended versions. Release both new sets as in-game rewards.
^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Hamfast.8719

Please remember, folks… this is not intended as yet another “wish list” thread. Try to post only stuff that (as far as any of us non-game programmers know) would seem to be Super Easy Peasy to do. Super Adventure Box came about from one of their guys just mucking around for fun in his free time. Perhaps someone will eyeball your suggestion and say “Hey… I can do that this afternoon on my coffee break!”