Living world needs to stop

in Living World

Posted by: Rodantho.6890

Rodantho.6890

As an idea it is good, but when you put it in to action is actually very bad… And I am not saying that, the numbers of players that are declining are.

Instead of adding temporary content and make the game like a movie, add more and PERMANENT content: more things to do, epic RAIDS, much more achievments, more hidden areas to explore, more armors and weapons, ->LOTS OF MOUNTS<-, and of course more skill options (if you could just copy paste GW1 skills it’ll be great!).

You tried your best to make a game that will be very different from wow, instead of focusing on guild wars 1… I am not having fun anymore on this game, because there is nothing to do! PvP is just bad, there are no mounts to unlock, no cool new items, no crazy skill combinations to figure out.

Stop trying to be different from wow, stop that living world failure, focus more on GW1 aspects and how you will implement them in GW2… I wan to see Cantha and Elona added to GW2. Crystal desert is not opened yet, the ring of fire is absent, and most importantly Fissue of woe and the underworld are not in the game yet! You also need to add the Ritualist class in to the game, since it was the best class in any MMO so far!

So, what do you think? Am I right or no?

in Living World

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I think you’re wrong… at least from the festival perspective. I want the festivals to keep happening. That’s my opinion anyway.

Also I don’t understand the need for mounts.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Living World

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

How about if they add Maguma Desert? Does that count? And what if they add it as part of a living world release and include a new dragon raid in the Tequatl format along with it? At that point will living world still suck, be fair, be good, or be great? Try not to use definitives. Life is usually gray not black or white.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

/disagree

No thank you to mounts
No thank you to gear checks
No thank you duel harassment
No thank you to lock out timers
No thank you instanced raiding
If I wanted to play WoW, I would just go play WoW.

I can agree that I want to see Cantha and Elona, but there is no reason why we couldn’t see an expansion in tandem with the LS content. Of course, they might just roll that out as part of the LS.

I will agree that the LS isn’t perfect, but it has grown. Has gotten better as it’s progressed.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Living World

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

LOL—snuck that mount issue in again-it’s a dead horse.

But I agree in theory permanent new content is needed (maps/quests/SOLOABLE dungeons—PvE content!!!!).
Raids/mounts/living quarters—meh!

in Living World

Posted by: Odinius.9826

Odinius.9826

Season one was nice except from a few misses like the halloween and wintersday reduced events.
Don’t forget this was a fist timer for all of Arenanet too.
Now going into season two they will have a much clearer view of what they want to do with the living story and how they are going to do it, they have over a year of player feedback on season one.

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t think you are right. No need for mounts, raids, copy/paste or wannabe WoW-cloning. I am afraid I don’t see this massive player decline. In fact, I see lots of new players, so perhaps, there is a balance of players coming and going.

I enjoy the Living Story and its release implementation. Can’t wait for next week! =)

in Living World

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

I stopped reading “->LOTS OF MOUNTS<-”

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Civilis.2547

Civilis.2547

I like the living story, even with its flaws. While new permanent zones would be nice, I’d rather have even temporary new content than wait years for a major permanent expansion.

As far as the game goes, I would consider it a major mistake on ANet’s part to worry about adding major features outside of core gameplay (such as mounts, houses, raids or dueling) before fixing the recent issues with core gameplay (traits, Megaservers)

in Living World

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

Season 2 is a great way to see if ANet ironed out the bugs and will have a rewarding experience in the living story and as others have stated I think the ending months of LS1 was very enjoyable.

The new World bosses have been exciting and could be viewed as your raid content. A lot of stuff is not in game forever but I don’t mind that we get new stuff more frequently then having to kill the Lich king for 2 years over before any new content came out. GW2 would need to add additional gear tiers if there was to be raid content. Speaking for myself but doing the same raid for X amount of months..I stopped the moment my brother and I got our last pieces of gear. The raiding wasn’t being done for fun more out of necessity for progression.

in Living World

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

/disagree

No thank you to mounts

I can agree that I want to see Cantha and Elona, but there is no reason why we couldn’t see an expansion in tandem with the LS content. Of course, they might just roll that out as part of the LS.

I will agree that the LS isn’t perfect, but it has grown. Has gotten better as it’s progressed.

This. GW2 IS NOT WoW! Or like any other MMO. Permenet content would be great, new zones, etc. but tie them in with the LS. Have a REASON for opening up a new area other than it’s there. The LS is great, with all it’s issues. The temp content for the LS was a great idea. It doesn’t make sense to keep every event every time. The game world moves on. I missed much of the LS, but still really enjoyed the parts I did play. I like having a story that evolves and grows. Just having a overarching story that can be played over and over again, with no progession on the story other than an expansion every 6 months, is boring and overdone. I’ve read many complaints about WoW and their expansions. That it was too short, not enough to do, and that it was too long before the next one came out. People were doing everything in 48 hour straight gaming sessions, and then complained about it.

Keep the LS, and use it as a spring board for more pemenent content like zones, new boss, etc.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Living World

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

1. I agree that there needs to be a balance between permanent content and temporary content. I don’t, however, necessarily think that LS automatically equates to mostly temporary content. At the end of the day, LS is a concept, and that concept and how it works can be defined however ANet wishes to define it.

In some sense, I’m glad for the LS Season 1. Just take a look at the Zhaitan fight (something that is established in the lore) and you’ll understand why making Scarlet a scapegoat and having mostly temp content for that trial and error is a good thing.

2. You can’t simply copy/paste the skills from GW1 to GW2 (although something I would like to see would be swappable weapon skills). The combat systems are different. If, however, you mean get inspiration from them, I agree.

3. This seems to be more of a list as to what you want in the game; Cantha, Elona, FoW, Underworld ect, without actually considering why it would or wouldn’t make sense, story-wise, to go to these places at this point. For example, why does it make sense for people to travel to these places when a Dragon has just awoken in Magumma? We have very little word as to what is happening in Elona, so it makes no sense to attack Kralky, and Cantha has shut itself off from the world, so it’d take nothing short of a battle to get in which, because Dragons, makes no sense to start another fight currently.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Living World

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I think … I think I have the solution … temporary festival mounts!

Heureka!

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Living World

Posted by: Exocet.7306

Exocet.7306

+1. Please focus the effort in making the game better permanently.

- Open world GvG
- Housing
- Guild Halls
- Character progression
- Better lengendaries (more powerful, better skins, pink unicorns! come on!)
- Remove randomness from precursors
- Fix the Ranger (tired of seeing “no bow rangers” in the LFG messages)
- Ascended armor
- Anti-train content (Karka, FG train running all day long, so boring)
- Re-playable story / be able to change banners. Make the decision impact the game in some way that matters.
- New, interesting, rewarding, quests that award something useful but a different skin.
- Fix WvW. Now the biggest zerg wins because everything is so balanced to the point to be boring, obvious and predictable.
- Fix the Ranger (yes again!)
- Hire a new Leader designer or make him play a ranger with a bow for a month.

in Living World

Civilis.2547

lol, bunch of sheep in here defending Anet’s crappy temporary content living story. Typical. Why cant we have new skills, something other than needed to buy expensive speed runes? Not every class has perma-swiftness.

Is your reason for wanting new skills that you think classes without a speed skill are too slow? I understand your annoyance, and I agree it’s been frustrating for me to collect runes for a couple of my characters to speed them up, but that’s only tangentially related to the post. You could get everything that was asked for in the original message, and still have slow characters. Character speed issues have nothing to do with the best way to add new content for the game.

The question at hand is, how long are you willing to wait for a massive new permanent addition to the game? Is this better for players than temporary content every two weeks or every month? I like new content, and I see people playing the game less from both a lack of new content and because of flaws in the new systems, not because the Living Story content is temporary.

in Living World

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I keep seeing people relate mounts to being like WoW when WoW wasn’t even the first mmo to have mounts. Or the second… Or the third…

Personally I want mounts because sometimes I just want to see the scenery and it would feel more natural to explore while riding something. Actually, it doesn’t even have to be a mount in the technical sense. It could be a skill that lets me hover slightly above the ground or a new sprinting animation.

And no, the ones in the gem shop don’t count because they do nothing for movement speed. If they did 33%, I would have bought one. And no, runes don’t count either. I shouldn’t have to sacrifice an important part of my build just to move faster. I’m glad that it’s there as an option but it’s an impractical option.

in Living World

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

My only complaint about LS:
I was not playing during the first LS season. I do not get to play it again.
I wish it added something permanent.
Other than that, I would still take GW2 over any other MMO on the market right now.
Although, once WildStar is released, I will be playing that.
I will not be quitting GW2, because it is such a drastically different game, free to play, and will scratch the itch for something different.

in Living World

Posted by: KmakCpt.2618

KmakCpt.2618

the one thing i do not like about guild wars 2 is that the lvl of play, like i am a lvl 40 i go back to a lvl 12 place and now even those i am a lvl 40 lol i become a lvl 12 , i do understand why they do this but i feel it wrong , know why they did this to stop power lvling , i do not like poeple who people lvl we all know why this is any way other wise than that i love the game .

in Living World

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

AWESOME! This is the best way to kick off season 2!

in Living World

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

the one thing i do not like about guild wars 2 is that the lvl of play, like i am a lvl 40 i go back to a lvl 12 place and now even those i am a lvl 40 lol i become a lvl 12 , i do understand why they do this but i feel it wrong , know why they did this to stop power lvling , i do not like poeple who people lvl we all know why this is any way other wise than that i love the game .

Level scaling. It was done so that as a level 40 in a level 12 area, it’s still “supposed” to be as difficult as if you were level 12. Granted I feel it’s kinda broken, but still some fights are a bit of a challenge. It doesn’t prevent power leveling, but rather reduces being way OP for a zone. Imagine a level 80, full zerk with legendary in the Queensdale champ train. It would be a 1-2 hit kill on every champ. That would cause actual lower level characters to be unable to do those events. It would also cause lower level zones to be near dead, with the exception of those just starting out, or alts. As a level 80, no scale, there would be NO reason to go back to those zones. EVER.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Living World

Posted by: The Revenant.4970

The Revenant.4970

As an idea it is good, but when you put it in to action is actually very bad… And I am not saying that, the numbers of players that are declining are.

In reality, the numbers speak the exact opposite. You hate it, we get it. Either move on or pipe down. Don’t make idle, unmerited, nonfactual threats.

in Living World

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

I agree OP, but I don’t want the things you want.

I want a new expansion with 10 new levels, 5 new zones, and maybe a new prof or race.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

in Living World

Posted by: A R W E N.6895

A R W E N.6895

can we all just agree we want permanent content

I love debate
[Kr] Dungeon Speedclear & Fractals
www.keep-running.fr

in Living World

Lilith Ajit.6173

I want a new expansion with 10 new levels, 5 new zones, and maybe a new prof or race.

The absolute last thing I want is an increase in the level cap. What a big kitty you to people who busted their butt for ascended gear.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

in Living World

Civilis.2547

I think the vertical progression issues with new levels would cause many people to have serious problems. In addition to leveling, that’s crafting, buying, or finding entirely new equipment for each non-Legendary piece of equipment for every character.

in Living World

Lankybrit.4598

The absolute last thing I want is an increase in the level cap. What a big kitty you to people who busted their butt for ascended gear.

Did I say anything about new gear? :0

Updated every Monday

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

How useful would lvl 80 gear be at lvl 90?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

/disagree

No thank you to mounts

This. You want new content? Expansions? New skills? Guess what? They’re almost guaranteed to be introduced via Living Story. I’d rather have a cohesive reason to have new content other than some random “HERE HAVE NEW CONTENT FOR NO FRIGGIN REASON” from devs. LS1 gave us a reason to explore new zones, such as Maguuma Wastes, because there’s now an Elder dragon waking in that area. Other games such as wow would simply drop an expansion, ask you pay $50 to install it, and say “here, new content, have fun figuring out why you’d want to go to those areas.”

in Living World

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

I mean, I don’t think anyone has to argue here that all of us would prefer permanent as compared to temporary content that can be done in 2 hours time via Living Story. This was sad in Season 1. Hope they introduce an expansion worthy permanen content in Season 2.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

in Living World

Lankybrit.4598

I had a crazy idea that Ascended could be the equivalent of level 90 gear. Maybe the 80-90 experience just improves your character in some way (Traits, stats, whatever) so that you’re more powerful. Maybe mobs at higher levels have increased probability of dropping a pre-cursor or something.

Updated every Monday

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

I had a crazy idea that Ascended could be the equivalent of level 90 gear. Maybe the 80-90 experience just improves your character in some way (Traits, stats, whatever) so that you’re more powerful. Maybe mobs at higher levels have increased probability of dropping a pre-cursor or something.

So basically force people to get Ascended gear in order to do the higher level areas?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Increased level cap requires increased level gear. How about trying to run Fractals with level 70 gear, and see how fun that is.

in Living World

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

Increased level cap requires increased level gear. How about trying to run Fractals with level 70 gear, and see how fun that is.

Think he’s referring to something like we see in Diablo 3.
Paragon levels.

After max level you get points per every level you get.
Right now we only get skill points. He wants a system where you would still level up, but no increased gear cap. For instance, if you reach level 90 you get an additional 100 all stats.

Horizontal leveling like that is already seen in fractals in the form of Agony Resistance.

It’s an interesting idea that I personally would like if implemented properly.

in Living World

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Unless the gear scaled as the player leveled, not very.

Although the benefits of keeping the cap at 80 outweigh the cons by a long shot.

Right now we only get skill points. He wants a system where you would still level up, but no increased gear cap. For instance, if you reach level 90 you get an additional 100 all stats.

Horizontal leveling like that is already seen in fractals in the form of Agony Resistance.

It’s an interesting idea that I personally would like if implemented properly.

Except that’s vertical progression, since numbers are going up.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Living World

Lankybrit.4598

So basically force people to get Ascended gear in order to do the higher level areas?

Or stick with 5% worse Exotics. I’m thinking character stats would get significant boosts to lessen the impact of gear.

However, I would be all for new gear too, but I know a lot of you wouldn’t.

Updated every Monday

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Or stick with 5% worse Exotics. I’m thinking character stats would get significant boosts to lessen the impact of gear.

However, I would be all for new gear too, but I know a lot of you wouldn’t.

But if Ascended gear is equal to lvl 90, that would mean that the exotic gear would still be 10 levels + those 5% worse, and the difference between a lvl 80 exotic and a lvl 70 exotic is rather massive.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I would like a can of that new-game smell.
Or maybe as a little tree, then I could hang it on the webcam over my monitor.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Living World

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

We need actual PVE balance and content that is not more agony damage related. Necromancers in PVE are dead weight, mesmers phantasms keep getting broken each patch and are relatively useless in aoe situations. Most traits are still garbage, many utilities are garbage.

in Living World

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

If you want mounts, unbearably redundant weekly raids, housing, increasing character levels (went from lvl 50 w/90 gear to 120 gear, housing, and of course the holy trinity, then by all means go play Final Fantasy XIV. I know nothing about Wow.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

in Living World

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

I would participate in the living story if it lasted longer than 2 weeks. However, they are easy to ignore if you don’t wish to participate in them, so I’m not sure why they need to “stop” altogether.

in Living World

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’ll tell you what I want what I really really want:

No new level cap, no new gear tiers that make what we have obsolete, no resetting our progress.
New cute armors. More Charr and Asura friendly armors. A dungeon or more fractals.

That’s it. Anyone agree or am I the only one who actually likes not worrying about the next gear grind.

[ARES]

in Living World

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

You picked the wrong LS moment to make a thread like this. The Zephyrites Festival is one of the best of all the LS events and I don’t even recall it having any problematic bugs.

And as other kind gentle souls have mentioned, Festivals are different, even if the LS never existed the Festivals and holiday events like this still would.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Living World

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

/disagree

No thank you to mounts

Its not that we can’t see expansion like content through the LS, its that we haven’t through LS 1. Thats a shame. I agree with the OP slightly that this game needs a hardcore raiding type of content(its own gw2 version), it doesn’t needs mounts obviously, more permanent content is always great.

in Living World

Posted by: Lydell.8713

Lydell.8713

Well, since you ask, no, I don’t think you’re right. No to raids, no to mounts, and yes to continuing to build an mmo that’s not like all the others out there.

-Blackgate-

in Living World

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

The Broomstick is a mount, isn’kitten

in Living World

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

LOL—snuck that mount issue in again-it’s a dead horse.

But I agree in theory permanent new content is needed (maps/quests/SOLOABLE dungeons—PvE content!!!!).
Raids/mounts/living quarters—meh!

One of the mounts could be a dead horse!

in Living World

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Yeah…OP lost me at the word MOUNT…..

Nice try, but GW2 does not need to become GWoW2.

I’m not apposed to the introduction of new permanent content but it does not need to mimic WoW expansions.

One of the mounts could be a dead horse!

And you have to beat it but it keeps showing back up…..

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

in Living World

Posted by: Melinea.1875

Melinea.1875

My only complaint about LS:
I was not playing during the first LS season. I do not get to play it again.
I wish it added something permanent.

It added a lot of permanent things. Fractals, new PvP maps, Southsun Cove, new jumping puzzles and activities, new crafting materials, new path in TA, LA was destroyed, Kessexs hills changed a lot…

in Living World

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

Nope, you’re totally wrong. The LS is one of the most interesting parts of this game and I really dig that ANet is taking a different approach from the norm.

in Living World

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I am a bit surprised that people are satisfied with the LS. Some guys are actually against new permanent additions to the game here, and ok with nothing happaning? Have I gone insane? In 1,6 years nothing significant has changed (yeah you can go on with your list of skins and gemstore here, but be honest once, what you got was 1 new zone, and 5 new traits/profession).

And I’m seeing these people on the forums actually in the majroity now. I guess people threatening to leave the game really have left haven’t they?

Uhm, also about the playerbase increasing. Like. What the … . Where do you get these informations? Can you show anything that backs up that magic number (it’s not even a number is it?)? You do realize that megaservers were made for a reason right?