Loot issues still exist for some.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

So what’s your point in posting? What do you hope will be the outcome of it?

edit….I need to elaborate

I’m finding it difficult to understand where you are coming from. At one end I think maybe you think, by posting our thoughts we are of detriment to the community? At another maybe that you feel the game is perfect? Idk……

Serenity now~Insanity later

(edited by Essence Snow.3194)

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

What I’ve found is that the more and more I pay attention to the loot I’m getting, the worse it seems to be. I’m not saying its in your head, but maybe what would help is do what someone suggested: over a week, go to the same place you normally farm, farm it for an hour or so (or the same amount of time), and just keep a log of the items that you get (in terms of quality).

Many people are saying their statistics are bad, but have you actually CHECKED your statistics? Do it, and maybe see how it is, and see if other players can do it to compare

For the people too that keep quoting, RNG, remember, RNG are never actually truely random, just pseudo-random. I’d be interested to hear a comment from a dev about their generators. A good one might start repeating after billions of number “pulls”, but in an MMO, that’s not very much. So, just the curious side of me would like to know how they do the RNG. Do different aspects of the game get different generators, etc…

I don’t get exotics very often, but I still get them (I’ve never gotten one in WvW though and some of my guildmates in the same length of time have gotten a couple of precursors).

People tend to see what they expect to see. If you appreciate what you have, don’t notice what you lack. If you are focused on things you want but don’t have, you’ll see the absence of these things everywhere.

As a boy a friend introduced me to a (friendly) variation of the game punchbug. We didn’t hit each other, but we did watch for Volkswagon Beetles everywhere we went. And back then there were a lot of them, the original ones not the fake ones you see today.

After a while I began seeing them when I was alone. I couldn’t ride along in the car for a mile without seeing two or three of them. I had never seen them before, though they were always there, but having trained myself to look for them they were suddenly everywhere.

If you expect to get bad loot, you’ll notice every drop that DOESN’T have a rare or exotic in it. And most of them don’t. But if you don’t expect them to drop, when they do appear you will be pleasantly surprised. Don’t be mad that you didn’t get “money,” choose to be happy when you do.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

snip

Anyway, the biggest difference in my point of view is that I play the game for the sake of playing the game, not to have bigger shinies than everyone else. So I don’t look at the rewards as something I deserve for giving Anet money, but rather as a bonus for playing the game. So when a rare pops up, I say “hey, cool!” instead of “it’s about time!”

The purpose of people needing loot isn’t to have bigger shinies, there’s a cost of living in this game like there is in every other game but only 1 currency for it, thus the need for drops to be sold or items from drops to be sold to earn enough currency to survive.

When the loot isn’t equal there’s an issue.

It’s not different then pay. If the pay isn’t equal for the same job, same amount of money, same equipment being used, with no discernable reason other then one person is mysteriously different then the other (somewhere in the aether) then there’s a problem.

Are you really telling me you don’t get enough loot for repairs and teleporting? Because frankly I find that hard to believe.

As for loot not being equal, I’m not sure how true it is, but I have suggested reasons why it might be different for different people and I’ve suggested in different threads something people can try to try to reset their DR if that’s indeed what’s causing the problem (if there is a problem).

Try to understand this. I play in a guild with 100 members, and of those hundred members about 25-30 log in often. I’ve talked to most of the regulars about this and of all of them, one guy says he’s unluckier than everyone else. One guy.

And when I run with him, he usually gets at least one decent drop, so I think he’s just like an Eeyore. I think he likes to complain. From what Ive’ seen of him, I don’t think his drops are significantly less than mine. Maybe a little, but I’ve run with this guy quite a bit.

So yeah, if there is a problem, and there may be, it may be affecting a small enough percentage of the overall population where it’s difficult to track down or even verify.

tolunart.2095

The purpose of people needing loot isn’t to have bigger shinies, there’s a cost of living in this game like there is in every other game but only 1 currency for it, thus the need for drops to be sold or items from drops to be sold to earn enough currency to survive.

It’s not different then pay. If the pay isn’t equal for the same job, same amount of money, same equipment being used, with no discernable reason other then one person is mysteriously different then the other (somewhere in the aether) then there’s a problem.

No, it’s about ego.

I don’t have any problem paying for waypoints or repairs, and I never farm or speedrun COF or do anything that “everyone” in this game is supposed to be doing.

I did spend a couple of weeks going around doing the boss events when I had a chance, about once every few days at first, then once a day for four or five days. I got tired of it and have only done it a couple of times since Thursday.

I broke down a bunch of rares with some BL salvage kits I had from map rewards or whatever, and sold some others. I used the gold to outfit my two 80s in MF gear to see if has an effect on the drops (not really, but it gave me something to do), and put some towards crafting to give my new toon about 20 levels, she’s 41 now and fun to take through the starting zones. I also gave my wife a couple gold so she could craft.

I have 6 gold in the bank now. When my 41 hits 60 I’ll probably use it for Culture II gear.

Most of the complaints about loot go along with complaints about legendaries, and how they cost so much and the mats cost so much and the RNG factor is so bad… this is pure ego, the Legendary Weapon is just an exotic with a pretty skin. I was impressed the first time I saw someone run by swinging Twilight, but that was months ago. Now I just see someone who is way too obsessed with shinies.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

snip

Anyway, the biggest difference in my point of view is that I play the game for the sake of playing the game, not to have bigger shinies than everyone else. So I don’t look at the rewards as something I deserve for giving Anet money, but rather as a bonus for playing the game. So when a rare pops up, I say “hey, cool!” instead of “it’s about time!”

Are you really telling me you don’t get enough loot for repairs and teleporting? Because frankly I find that hard to believe.

As for loot not being equal, I’m not sure how true it is, but I have suggested reasons why it might be different for different people and I’ve suggested in different threads something people can try to try to reset their DR if that’s indeed what’s causing the problem (if there is a problem).

Try to understand this. I play in a guild with 100 members, and of those hundred members about 25-30 log in often. I’ve talked to most of the regulars about this and of all of them, one guy says he’s unluckier than everyone else. One guy.

And when I run with him, he usually gets at least one decent drop, so I think he’s just like an Eeyore. I think he likes to complain. From what Ive’ seen of him, I don’t think his drops are significantly less than mine. Maybe a little, but I’ve run with this guy quite a bit.

So yeah, if there is a problem, and there may be, it may be affecting a small enough percentage of the overall population where it’s difficult to track down or even verify.

Doesn’t matter if you believe me or not. Part of the cost of living as every PVE player knows who’s played for the past 7 months is their indecisions regarding build choices so part of the cost has also been the rebuilding of the character entirely which costs money to do as they only have 1 currency that allows for this to occur quickly.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Vayne.8563

snip

Doesn’t matter if you believe me or not. Part of the cost of living as every PVE player knows who’s played for the past 7 months is their indecisions regarding build choices so part of the cost has also been the rebuilding of the character entirely which costs money to do as they only have 1 currency that allows for this to occur quickly.

3.5 silver to rebuild your character which you get from 3 dynamic events, or a small percentage of a dungeon or fractal run. That’s what we’re talking about to respec. Hit a dynamic event chain and you can respec. Hit a couple of them you can repair, respec and teleport.

Do you know that if you sell the loot bag drops, you do quite well, even in relatively low level areas? There’s plenty of ways to make money in this game for the basics. And then you can go to a couple of events a day for your guaranteed gold and even if you don’t salvage them and sell them most go for more than 10 silver, so you should get 15 silver from a single event MINIMUM, enough to pay for 4 full changes.

It’s one thing to say you don’t get good drops due to some bug in the program, it’s another to be completely disingenuous about the amount of money you can get quite easily, guaranteed.

tolunart.2095

So what’s your point in posting? What do you hope will be the outcome of it?

edit….I need to elaborate

I’m finding it difficult to understand where you are coming from. At one end I think maybe you think, by posting our thoughts we are of detriment to the community? At another maybe that you feel the game is perfect? Idk……

Do you mean me?

I’ve already said, I have no expectations. This is a game, it’s not real, and someday – sooner or later – you will wipe this game from your hard drive, or the servers will shut down, and everything you raged about, complained about, celebrated and appreciated will be gone.

A lot like life, really. I just try to appreciate what comes my way and not worry about the things that are out of my control. Both in the game and in life.

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

I just play PvE: dungeons, dragons / world events, random map events and such. 80% of the items I find are blue, 10% white, 8% green.
Finding a yellow is a very rare occurence. I only found 1 exotic in the last 3 months which sold for 2G or something like that.

Still that made me about 20g for ~1000 hours of play time, I got enough money for testing 1-2 builds daily, it`s ok.

I want to mention that I`m a casual player.

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

I don’t get how people have such a big problem with “cost of living”…I only grind when I really want something that’s really expensive which is purely cosmetic and unneccessary (like when I collected all the dyes, bought a bunch of mini’s, etc…). Besides that, with WP’s and repairs and what not, I might spend at most 10s in 5 hours of play…As long as you’re not just WP’ing around 24/7 and not killing anything, you should never have a problem with “cost of living”.

If you’re talking about getting new armor sets, then you don’t need to really grind for that. Just from running around doing WvW, I get a gold or more a day by selling the loot, and full exotic gear (if you don’t care about skins) only runs like 10-15g. But you shouldn’t be able to just say “hey, I’m tired with this exotic set, I want a new one” and BAM a new one is just easily accessible. Exotic armor/weapons/etc are determined by the economy..but unless you want things that are over 100g, you shouldn’t even need to “farm” or “grind” for anything. I’ve done “farming” streaks for 3 situations: 1) when I got my commander tome, 2) When I spent 50g finishing my dye collect, 3) When I grinded the mats for Anomaly and The Eye of Rodgort. Each of those things was entirely not needed, and mostly for the sake of just having it for looks. (and I had ~25g in donations for the commander tag from my guildmates)

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

Essence Snow.3194

For me it’s about trying to make the game better for everyone while we have it. If I’m not doing that…well then I’m not helping anyone and I should go on my merry way.

This issue is one that effects many players. In the past we saw “perceived loot issues”. Had some not spoken up chances are nothing would have happened. Now it’s better, but it’s still not where it could be to benefit the game.

There are many many things both in games and in rl that have become better b/c ppl have spoken out.

(edited by Essence Snow.3194)

tolunart.2095

For me it’s about trying to make the game better for everyone while we have it. If I’m not doing that…well then I’m not helping anyone and I should go on my merry way.

This issue is one that effects many players. In the past we saw “perceived loot issues”. Had some not spoken up chances are nothing would have happened. Now it’s better, but it’s still not where it could be to benefit the game.

There are many many things both in games and in rl that have become better b/c ppl have spoken out.

“When all you have is a hammer, every problem is a nail.”

Even devs make mistakes, and I can’t say that there isn’t a bug in there somewhere. But most of the claims people make – the game is dying, the zones are empty, no one does DEs, loot drops are awful – are the exact opposite of my direct experience in the game. So… do I take their word for it, or believe my eyes?

It’s ridiculously easy to stir up the hornets’ nest in a forum like this. There are quite a few people here who are heavily invested in the game, and all you have to do is post something outrageous and insist that it’s true while the game’s supporters come out of the woodwork to tell you that you’re wrong, and the other forum trolls circle the wagons to support the OP.

It happens. I’m not saying that this is the case here, but it happens. I simply refuse to take anyone’s word that something is happening that directly contradicts my own experiences without proof. Make any statement about the game, good or bad, and about half the forum posters will support you and the other half will tear you apart. Show me evidence.

I have seen, with my own eyes, multiple rares drop from a boss event such as the Shatterer or the Fire Elemental. I’ve received two exotics in two days. When someone insists that the game is somehow set up to deny players these things, then I have to wonder why he would say this when I know it’s not true.

I used to play Magic: the Gathering Online. I know the arguments about how random number generators are not really random, but they are sufficiently random that no human can predict the results. There were (and surely still are) people in the game who insisted in the face of all arguments against it that the shuffling program was rigged, and that they NEVER drew X card no matter how many games they played. There were even people who insisted that the shuffler was specifically programmed to deny them good cards so they lost most of their games. No amount of discussion or argument could convince them otherwise.

I’m sure most of them were trolling. Crying out in chat “the shuffler hates me” is one of the easiest ways to start an argument in that game. So I’m skeptical when someone insists that the game is broken but there is no problem for me, just like I didn’t believe the shuffler was broken when I never saw a pattern, good or bad, to the games I played in M:tGO.

(edited by tolunart.2095)

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I just wish I had more ways of gaining fine transmutation stones other than paying 6.6 gold for 5 stones.

At least transmogrification should be more of the model of stones, where the previous stat set is not destroyed, the skin is just copied over to the new set without destroying the base one.

My ranger’s t3 cultural armor cost 100g. I can’s spend 100g multiple times for the multiple stat sets, so ultimately I’m destroying one of my stat sets to have that look on the current set I’m using (in pve it’s berserker because everything but berserker in pve is garbage).

tolunart.2095

I just wish I had more ways of gaining fine transmutation stones other than paying 6.6 gold for 5 stones.

I got three fine trans. last week, but I don’t remember if it was a daily reward or from a BL chest.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Cost of living lawl. I respec every day, sometimes more than once when I misclick. =p

Let’s see:
~2g for a set of yellows
~1g for wp?
~1g for repairs, if you really suck
~50s for food and stones

I’ve spent myself down to 20s, and I’ve never been like “uh oh, I can’t afford stuff”

Use both hands to play; it may help. Of course you won’t get any loot when you’re killing 20 mobs every hour in cleric’s gear.

Yes, the drops rates suck, but there’s also a good chance there’s player error too. I am the first to admit my playing is hardly optimized for rapid gold accumulation ( a worthless goal to me personally) since I usually just spam 1 and dodge in the enemy’s general direction.

Oh and before you say “you lucky kitten”, I’ve only had one exotic drop, ever, and that sold for a measly 2 gold. And I sell hundreds of porous bones…

Magic find does seem to help, though I’d imagine if you sacrificed too much stats and start killing like a snail, it would easily cost you. Oh wait, that’s for another thread.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Essence Snow.3194

“When all you have is a hammer, every problem is a nail.”

Even devs make mistakes, and I can’t say that there isn’t a bug in there somewhere. But most of the claims people make – the game is dying, the zones are empty, no one does DEs, loot drops are awful – are the exact opposite of my direct experience in the game. So… do I take their word for it, or believe my eyes?

It’s ridiculously easy to stir up the hornets’ nest in a forum like this. There are quite a few people here who are heavily invested in the game, and all you have to do is post something outrageous and insist that it’s true while the game’s supporters come out of the woodwork to tell you that you’re wrong, and the other forum trolls circle the wagons to support the OP.

It happens. I’m not saying that this is the case here, but it happens. I simply refuse to take anyone’s word that something is happening that directly contradicts my own experiences without proof. Make any statement about the game, good or bad, and about half the forum posters will support you and the other half will tear you apart. Show me evidence.

I have seen, with my own eyes, multiple rares drop from a boss event such as the Shatterer or the Fire Elemental. I’ve received two exotics in two days. When someone insists that the game is somehow set up to deny players these things, then I have to wonder why he would say this when I know it’s not true.

I used to play Magic: the Gathering Online. I know the arguments about how random number generators are not really random, but they are sufficiently random that no human can predict the results. There were (and surely still are) people in the game who insisted in the face of all arguments against it that the shuffling program was rigged, and that they NEVER drew X card no matter how many games they played. There were even people who insisted that the shuffler was specifically programmed to deny them good cards so they lost most of their games. No amount of discussion or argument could convince them otherwise.

I’m sure most of them were trolling. Crying out in chat “the shuffler hates me” is one of the easiest ways to start an argument in that game. So I’m skeptical when someone insists that the game is broken but there is no problem for me, just like I didn’t believe the shuffler was broken when I never saw a pattern, good or bad, to the games I played in M:tGO.

It was right there in the title…“for some”. You are making the assumption that everyone must have the same experiences as you, that since you do not have issues, others must not as well. You then go on to refer to those speaking out about experiences that differ from yours as “forum trolls circling a band wagon”. I’d like to introduce you to kettle.

Seeing I better understand where you are coming from, I will no longer be paying a food toll. Good day to you.

tolunart.2095

LOL sure thing… it’s easier to dismiss me with a nasty name than to provide some kind of evidence that this actually happens. All I’ve ever seen on the subject is vague claims that RNG is broken or DR is permanent…

I’ve seen the kind of detail the devs have put into this game, and while they are not perfect I don’t believe they would deliberately allow such a fundamental system to remain broken. It’s far more likely that this is a combination of people seeing what they expect to see and trolls stirring up the hornets by pretending to have the same problems.

When the previous situation came to light – the bug that was dismissed in public as conspiracy theory turned out to be real – the devs could have quietly fixed it and pretended nothing was wrong. But Anet staff admitted publicly that there was a problem and that they messed up. I have a hard time believing that after showing this kind of integrity they would conceal a similar bug and hope it just goes away.

So, in the absence of solid evidence that there’s a problem, yeah, I’m not going to take your word for it.

tigirius.9014

That’s essentially what this threads about. I now know that the loot issues that I was experience in November of last year are still happening today because of the things I’ve done since January. My experiences speak for themselves. It’s entirely impossible for this to occur on the level it’s occurring to me without there being something wrong, no one has 8 months of bad luck no matter how the RNG works, that’s just not statistically plausible. And sure there will be people who poo poo the idea that it’s still happening but what will they say in a year? in two? meanwhile those of us who get the short end of the stick will still be having this problem and it will still make the gaming experience for this title less than stellar.

Please stop trying to derail the thread by making this out to be something it’s not, those of us affected by this bug are not asking for free loot, we’re asking that they take a look at a troublesome problem with their system called DR to find out why 1: we are receiving the most miniscule of rares if any at all at any given interval of gameplay when we’ve done exactly what the devs have suggested we do in order to farm the way they wish us to 2: that our loot is almost completely if not totally absent when it comes to T6 items and rare/exotic drops from every activity in the game and what they can do to help us with it. DR is a terrible thing to use for bot control, multiple games have completely died when the devs of those titles used it as a means to prevent bots from affecting the economy. In this title it’s not just the bots manipulating the TP, it’s those who have lots of gold whether they’ve farmed it before DR or not it’s getting out of hand. 9-11 gold for items is out of this world really. (the price I found for some runes and some armor pieces/weapons which is definitely inflation. Just three months ago those same items were 4-6 gold a piece.

I’d also like to bring up the track record for bugs with this team. What if the naysayers are wrong and there really is a problem with DR. The class forums are filled with pages of bugs for each class and it’s been almost a year now since they’ve done anything about some of those. What makes you think that if there is a bug with DR that it’s not being treated with the same level of concern? They don’t use the standardized testing format almost every other mmo uses out there, a PTR, they had a problem with killcredit when we reported a similar problem last time which they didn’t look at until 5 months into the complaints, and if it is DR this time, who’s to say that both those bugs weren’t happening at the same time before compounding the issue. Before they fixed the killcredit bug, I’d get none of those miniwooden boxes, now they appear with nothing but greys in them at times.

(edited by tigirius.9014)

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I gave up trying to get loot repaired in open world, too many players buy Gems, so nothing will change..

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

I played at launch, and then stopped late October. Just came back a couple weeks ago and I have to say, the drop/loot issue is going to drive me off again soon.

My friends and guildmates all thought I was the luckiest kitten in the game back around launch. I actually got Abyss dropped twice in one week’s time. But since my return it’s like opposite world. If it wasn’t for the guaranteed rare/exotic from event chests I wouldn’t see one in my inventory ever.

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

I got a lv80 rare from a regular krait in the event north of Teq’s spawn last night, it was sweet.

tigirius.9014

Let me just add that as an engineer at no time have I ever been interested in legendaries. and that that’s the first time anyone’s ever said it’s about ego I’m simply a consumer who would like to get the product I was told I would be able to purchase. It’s that simple. When you have lopsided loot ratios for months on end with no change it’s not RNG. It really is that simple.

Secondly, I received a reply from support they suggested I report it as a bug because then they can see just what exactly is happening with my account and toons without a hitch. I’d suggest that the rest of you out there who have the same issue as I do report your problems to the bug report tool in game, maybe then we’ll get them to look into it.

However keep posting if this has happened to you. Don’t stop posting just because I’ve spoken to support, the more people to report this the more likely they answer us.

Posted by: ShinraGuardian.8053

ShinraGuardian.8053

I’ve actually ben the one to get more loot than others the past couple days. I’ve done maybe like 5 full fractal runs in the past week (5 sets of 3 plus a few jade maws) and I’ve walked away with ~20 rares after all of it. That’s more than I’ve gotten in the past 2 months.

Dragonbrand
Elementalist
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]

tolunart.2095

I got a lv80 rare from a regular krait in the event north of Teq’s spawn last night, it was sweet.

This morning I did the Shadowbeast event for the first time in a few days. Out of five items in the boss chest, three were rare pieces of equipment. Plus the bonus chest, that makes four rares from one event.

RNG can be a kitten sometimes, and once in a while it just seems like Christmas morning.

As for contacting support and submitting bug reports, if I thought I found a bug, and especially if that bug severely impacted my enjoyment of the game, those are the first things I would do. Complaining about it here will not get you very far, but support staff have access to far more information about what happens in the game than we do.

tigirius.9014

Just started again just now after submitting my bug report. I killed about 10 enemies and poof nothing but whites a couple of blues and then the pourous bones started again.

Hmm it’s happening only in 30+ areas and above.

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

Let me just add that as an engineer at no time have I ever been interested in legendaries. and that that’s the first time anyone’s ever said it’s about ego I’m simply a consumer who would like to get the product I was told I would be able to purchase. It’s that simple. When you have lopsided loot ratios for months on end with no change it’s not RNG. It really is that simple.

Secondly, I received a reply from support they suggested I report it as a bug because then they can see just what exactly is happening with my account and toons without a hitch. I’d suggest that the rest of you out there who have the same issue as I do report your problems to the bug report tool in game, maybe then we’ll get them to look into it.

However keep posting if this has happened to you. Don’t stop posting just because I’ve spoken to support, the more people to report this the more likely they answer us.

One does not need to be an engineer to be uninterested in legendary’s

I will be starting level 80 #5 this coming weekend, I have no engineers (Warrior, Guardian, Necro, Ranger, and soon to be Thief) and have absolutely no desire to have a legendary (even if I didn’t think they were ugly as sin, they are all way over rated and require far too much effort for what they are).

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

when someone posts what they found, it’s because they are excited about it, because they don’t usually find it. on top of that, half the time they are trolling you. I guarantee you: if you start trolling other people with what you find, you’ll start feeling MUCH better about what you find.

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Just started again just now after submitting my bug report. I killed about 10 enemies and poof nothing but whites a couple of blues and then the pourous bones started again.

Wait, you expect to get something more than that? I think I’m seeing your problem now…

tolunart.2095

when someone posts what they found, it’s because they are excited about it, because they don’t usually find it. on top of that, half the time they are trolling you. I guarantee you: if you start trolling other people with what you find, you’ll start feeling MUCH better about what you find.

A few minutes ago my AoE accidentally killed a rabbit, and it dropped both Dawn AND Dusk! How cool is that?

You’re right! I do feel a lot better…

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

That seems like the norm. idk.

I just made a video showing what I typically get in drops when I’m farming over a 20-23min span. Maybe you can compare.

The video wont be up for another hour or so, but I’ll post it when it’s up.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Lambent.6375

What I ended up with after 20-23min. I’d say it’s pretty normal for me.
2 greens
1 blue
2 whites
23 junk items
5 salvage hides
2 powerful bloods
1 vicious fang
12 large fangs
12 vials of potent blood

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

So I tried that spot with my ranger. It was the first time ever she farmed there. I was there ~ 23 minutes and I choose ranger + pet to mimic you the most possible.
I only had 13 % mf and not all exotic gear and no ascended stuff.

My results are shown in the before and after pictures. ^^

Anyway here what dropped:
- 1 chunk of crab meat
- 3 blue items
- 5 large fangs
- 20 dark stained claws
- 7 vials of potent blood
- 2 white items
- 1 vicious fang
- 1 salvageable hide

+ 3s 76c

Attachments:

Lambent.6375

I’m not sure how big a difference 183% magic find made, I might try again after daily reset with as little magic find as possible, unless someone else wants to do it.

I guess if peeps consistently get more than that, even with no magic find, something might be wrong.

Navi.7142

I will give it a try with other professions, starting with my mesmer, but as she is a little messy I have to clear her inventory a little bit…

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

For those of you experiencing these loot issues. Can you please record an hour of your typical grind session for other players to review. If you want something to be done you need to provide some sort of proof.

Lambent.6375

I will give it a try with other professions, starting with my mesmer, but as she is a little messy I have to clear her inventory a little bit…

Here are my results with 30% magic find. I killed from 7:14 Pm to 7:37 PM

Gear: zerker armor with ruby orbs, exotic knights trinkets (aside from ascended amulet)

Not sure much much faster I was killing than you, since I have full exotics.
light blue= mats
white= white armor
grey = junk and salvage
green = green armor

!http://i.imgur.com/qnzbLb4.jpg!

(edited by Lambent.6375)

Navi.7142

The results for the same spot with mesmer (full exotics, 3 % mf):
- 1 green item
- 4 blue items
- 3 white items
- 5 large fangs
- 19 dark stained claws
- 5 vials of potent blood
- 1 vial of powerful blood
- 2 salvageable hide

+ 3s 23c

I will continue and monitor the other professions (I have them all on lvl 80 except warrior and thief, they are leveling yet.) and then post everything in one posting.

Attachments:

Lambent.6375

Yeah, it does seem like your drops are a bit low, but I guess we’ll have to get screenshots from some other people.

tigirius.9014

I’ll have to do a farming run and show people as well I guess, was actually considering uninstalling after what happened today. Reporting bugs as an engineer even thru the game’s report system hasn’t really helped in the past honestly.

tigirius.9014

Wait, you expect to get something more than that? I think I’m seeing your problem now…

Yeah actually I do expect to kill more then ten enemies and not hit the wall of porous bones. That’s not too much to ask that DR doesn’t affect players like this. It’s not unreasonable especially since they advertised the game without it and then changed the entire landscape of the game by putting it in and keeping it there even after the bots were handled and before you tell us all it was the right move explain how all the other more successful titles out there have never ever used DR in their games and stopped the bots in their tracks.

Unless you have something constructive to say, you should probably just stay off this thread entirely. Thanks.

tigirius.9014

So I’ll spend some time tomorrow and get some screenies and data up for you guys to show you exactly what’s happening to my account when I farm and when I do events in places like Orr or any place level 30+ so you can see for yourselves.

tigirius.9014

2 greens
1 blue
2 whites
23 junk items
5 salvage hides
2 powerful bloods
1 vicious fang
12 large fangs
12 vials of potent blood

Thanks for the video and the reply. The difference between my usual loot and your is I noticed you actually receive T6 mats. I’ve yet to receive a T6 mat since January of this year on anything. No claws, no bloods, no nothing. (cept the occasional guaranteed rare I salvage for the ecto if you wanna call it that) The mats I speak of are gossamer, lodestones, bloods, fangs, heck even the bones haven’t dropped and i used to see those all the time.

BTW what program did you use to record the video because I may use it in the future with the dealings not just with this game but others? I’d like to get one that works well with GW2 with no hiccups.

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

tigirius, you’ll get T6 mats if you kill stuff in the high level areas. They may not be the ones you want (i.e. bloods, lodestones, etc), but you’ll definitely get T6 mats. So if you haven’t received any T6 mats since January, I’d look at where you are killing stuff. Even in WvW, where our loot is a bit more funky..I pull 5-10 T6 mats a night from it at least.

Also, to actually compare the RNG, try killing for more than 25-30 minutes. These things only get to the proper percentages on average, which means you’ll probably have to loot a few hundred things to get an even somewhat accurate comparison, but it is really interesting what you’ve found so far

Also, from what I’ve found, certain professions are better at tagging than other classes. Warriors, rangers, guardians, etc with good and constant AoE’s can get MORE loot (and thus potentially better) than, say, mesmers, which only have a few non-condition based AoEs that are on longer CDs.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

Lambent.6375

2 greens
1 blue
2 whites
23 junk items
5 salvage hides
2 powerful bloods
1 vicious fang
12 large fangs
12 vials of potent blood

Thanks for the video and the reply. The difference between my usual loot and your is I noticed you actually receive T6 mats. I’ve yet to receive a T6 mat since January of this year on anything. No claws, no bloods, no nothing. (cept the occasional guaranteed rare I salvage for the ecto if you wanna call it that) The mats I speak of are gossamer, lodestones, bloods, fangs, heck even the bones haven’t dropped and i used to see those all the time.

BTW what program did you use to record the video because I may use it in the future with the dealings not just with this game but others? I’d like to get one that works well with GW2 with no hiccups.

A free video capture software called Taksi.

I used part 1 of this guild to help set it up, though, some things were different for me so I had to make some small changes. http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/31824-how-to-record-your-gameplay-take-screenshots/ The link to the software download is included in that guide.

If you decide to use it, here are some bugs you might want to watch out for.

- If you close taksi without unhooking it, it will crash whatever program/window you were recording.

- If you’re recording during gameplay, and you stop recording, but want to continue recording again in the same session, you must unhook it from whatever you’re recording, and then rehook it, or else the quality of anything you record after that will be terrible. (for this same reason, the pause function is useless)

It has it’s flaws, but it’s free, so I’m not complaining.

Lambent.6375

Last couple for today. (err, tonight, it;s gotten late, I need to go to bed. :x)
Note: I’m not experiencing any dro kitten ues, I’m just posting these so those that do have something to compare to.

First I did another 23min one with 60% mf(popped a bar for the sake of tracking time)

- 1 white item
-2 vicious fangs
- 12 potent blood
- 11 large fang
-
Then I put on my MF for another 23min round. (183 in total, but was at 176 most of the time because I forgot my back, there is also the 25 kills to charge sigil of luck)

- 3 whites
- 6 greens
- 4 blues
- 1 rare
- 1 vicious fang
- 5 potent bloods
- 10 large fangs
- 2 powerful bloods

Attachments:

Vayne.8563

I think one error in thought here is that porous bones only drop when you hit DR. It’s not true. I get porous bones all the time…as well as other stuff. From when I start till when I finish, I continue to get porous bones. But it doesn’t mean I don’t get other stuff.

I’m not a farmer, but I’ll take my ranger into Orr later and try to record my results. I was in Orr earlier, just doing the daily and one of my first drops was a vial of powerful blood, but I didn’t get much else during the run. That said, it wasn’t a long run.

tigirius.9014

This was in southsun cove today for about 30 minutes on my ranger. The loot on the left came from the new chests from the champion karka, and only the first three. After that I was killing karka / lizards/ floaty guys (can’t remember their names) and didn’t get a thing from many of them, they just didn’t sparkle, the rest of what I got you can see there in the blood/poison sacs. So basically the drops i got were from the chests that dropped from the champions and there was nothing about a green from those. I got two more blues after that on two other mobs before both the mobs were no longer lootable or they dropped nothing but greys.

It’s annoying to me that the only loot available this way to me comes from champions because that’s not how it should be in a farmer friendly environment. The other thing that’s striking is how do they think we are going to get enough of any of the T6 mats to do anything constructive with, if someone’s experiencing this and they are trying for a legendary I can totally feel their pain.

Oh and bones start dropping continuously btw, once the greys start flowing, they don’t stop. It’s not one or two.

Attachments:

Navi.7142

Can you try to farm the riff skelks for about 20 minutes?
It would be easier to compare our results.

The spot can be found here:
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/under_new_management.jpg
From the pearl islet waypoint just go down to the left and then bear right.

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

For the people complaining magic find doesn’t work often enough:

Magic find of 100% takes a 0.1% chance and ups it to 0.2%.

2 out of a thousand is still pretty low odds.

Unfortunately everything except junk/vendor trash in the game is on a 0.1% drop chance so basically MF = useless.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

The magic find boost in the Southsun event makes this so glaringly hilarious.

450%+ magic find and still get streaks of 20+ mobs dropping nothing and crab meat.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

tigirius.9014

Can you try to farm the riff skelks for about 20 minutes?
It would be easier to compare our results.

The spot can be found here:
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/under_new_management.jpg
From the pearl islet waypoint just go down to the left and then bear right.

I am about to eat but next time I login I will certainly try that location.