Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

So, hadn’t seen a thread for these yet, if there is and I missed it, this can be deleted.

Anywho, just got done browsing dulfy’s gallery, and I think I like most of these. Simple, clean lines. I’m sort of ‘meh’ on the heart, but overall not bad.

Edit: I should probably say that I’m rather fond of the pistol and dagger skins.

Your thoughts?

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I don’t have a character that can work with that theme, but in general I really like them. Especially the revolver.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Eternal.9148

Eternal.9148

I’m in love with every single weapon, i’m just disappointed because i need a black lion claim ticket for it. Oh well, i guess that’s the price to play a game with a store. That means i will grind gold to buy it on the TP.

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Don’t forget that you can buy them with gold via the TP

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I think i have 7 scraps. These actually make me inclined to purchase a few keys to try to get the last 3 scraps I need to get one. Its been a while since I’ve felt so inclined…

It would be nice if the skin was a purchase once – unlock forever, but maybe eventually…. I still have hope…

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

I SWEAR I’ve seen that greatsword before. I just can’t remember where yet.

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

LanfearShadowflame.3189

It does look familiar, but I haven’t found another as yet. I haven’t had a chance to browse the gallery (wiki or dulfy) in depth atm, in a meeting haha.

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Darkobra.6439

I don’t think it’s GW2 I remember it from. That’s what’s bugging me. I KNOW I know it but I can’t remember WHERE!

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

In general these are really, really nice skins, IMO. I just wish there were skins like this available for people who don’t want a glowing heart on each weapons.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: ndrangles.5183

ndrangles.5183

i really like them, but i don’t gemstore and i’m saving gold for something else atm. so i’ll just admire them from a distance.

Majyyks [Os] – NSP

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

I have 5 tickets I have been saving time to get girly weapons!!!

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I think they all look superb, other than the long and short bows as those lack the refined filigree of the other weapons. Big flat metal plates don’t do much for me. I only have one ticket, so it will be very hard to choose what to get and which alt gets it.

If my TP access doesn’t get fixed I’ll be commissioning guild mates to buy skins from the TP for me and hoping sending the gold to them doesn’t get flagged as improper. I can’t get more scraps and tickets without a Gem Store, after all.

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

I have 5 tickets I have been saving time to get girly weapons!!!

“Girly”

Now oove dun it arry.

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Not a fit for my characters but quite nice.

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Shofu.5674

Shofu.5674

I really like these skins. I Think they would look fabulous on my Thief. I really want the whole set for her.

However they (the tickets) can only be found in the skinner boxes Anet calls Black Lion Chests. For Those of you thinking of using your hard earned money to buy keys from the store, don’t. The drop rate on the skraps and whole tickets is terrible. You could end up spending a hundred dollars or more for just one skin if your unlucky enough. BLC’s need to go away. And we need to send Anet the message that abusive cash grabs are not welcome in our beloved game.

I do my own stunts.

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Darkobra.6439

Soul Calibur! THAT was where I saw it before!

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I don’t have that much of an issue with the black lion boxes Shofu. I’m 7 for 7 for scraps from chests, but then again I didn’t buy the keys either. I got them from doing map completion on various characters.

I haven’t gotten a golden ticket, but I think I’ve only opened like 12 chests since launch.
chuckle

ponders

I play some of those games….. I don’t see it though…

The only one I can picture is closer to the AP GS skin than this one…

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

the Lovestruck Protector is absolutely beautiful. I’d love to see more effects like that on weapons in game.

Sad that they chose to skip the Spear, Trident, and Harpoon gun. I was hoping to outfit one of my characters with those since she doesn’t have any special underwater weapons.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Love the new skins – I wish a version of them was available without the hearts. So they’d be useful for more players beyond Valentine’s Day. Sadly, the heart is gimmicky. If it wasn’t on there, I’d consider getting them. BLT weapons are WAY too expensive for temporary “fun” reskins (just cause, Valentine’s Day) and the weapons are too gimmicky for a permanent reskin.

This (minus hearts) is probably what the ascended weapons should have looked like.

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Darkobra.6439

ponders

What was the name of that knight that went corrupt and regained his soul? Siegfried? Used to have short hair and then had really long hair? I’m sure one of his broad swords had a very similar style.

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

LanfearShadowflame.3189

ponders

What was the name of that knight that went corrupt and regained his soul? Siegfried? Used to have short hair and then had really long hair? I’m sure one of his broad swords had a very similar style.

Yeah I think you’re thinking of Siegfried. Turns into Nightmare in some of the endings, depending on various outcomes?

I guess Soul Caliber herself might be semi-similar. I haven’t looked through all his weapons though (don’t have all the games lol).

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

41 characters and I only have one that suits these. I really like them though. Very elegant. I had a bunch of tickets and now my very girly mesmer has a bunch of suitable weapons skins.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

I’m so happy that I have 2 tickets to spend on these!

First skin from a ticket that I actually like in all the weapons!

Now I gotta choose though, it’s gonna be tough.

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Iluzija.1798

Iluzija.1798

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

LanfearShadowflame.3189

chuckle

I’ll take Sailor Moon over any number of cartoons these days.

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Lilith Ajit.6173

chuckle

I’ll take Sailor Moon over any number of cartoons these days.

So true.

By the way, the lovestruck sword. dies that and the focus is going in my sailor Jupiter.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

Lovestruck armor skins when?

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Ezekiel.1985

Ezekiel.1985

I really love these skins!! Particularly the dagger, pistol, and sword!

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Some of the skins are pretty nice, but the color scheme is terrible. Why are they almost entirely a drab gunmetal grey?

Sad that they chose to skip the Spear, Trident, and Harpoon gun. I was hoping to outfit one of my characters with those since she doesn’t have any special underwater weapons.

These sets almost always ignore underwater weapons, for some reason.

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

So, hadn’t seen a thread for these yet, if there is and I missed it, this can be deleted.

Anywho, just got done browsing dulfy’s gallery, and I think I like most of these. Simple, clean lines. I’m sort of ‘meh’ on the heart, but overall not bad.

Edit: I should probably say that I’m rather fond of the pistol and dagger skins.

Your thoughts?

Ditch the hearts and I’d be seriously interested in the skins.

I agree, the models themselves are clean, simple. Agree that the pistol and dagger skins look good.

Love the sword (sans the heart) but then I’ve always been a sucker for a good rapier.

-Not a girly girl when it comes to weapons.

PS: been pondering how those would look if they replaced the hearts with something else like a small sun, glowing orb or flame (overdone). Needs something different…..

Ideas anybody?

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

ponders

no its more similar to zenith….if you are referring to soulcalibur.

p.S. dagger are awful…sword is awesome…but i still don t have enough hands and arms to hold all awesome sword skins…. i d need 5.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I don’t think it’s GW2 I remember it from. That’s what’s bugging me. I KNOW I know it but I can’t remember WHERE!

The greatsword kind of reminds me of a greatsword from Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

Now that is a game GW2 could start taking notes on weapon design from. I would love to also get weapons added to GW2 that are like the faeblades or chakrams. So awesome.
http://amalur.wikia.com/wiki/Unique_Weapons

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

The greatsword kind of reminds me of a greatsword from Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

Now that is a game GW2 could start taking notes on weapon design from. I would love to also get weapons added to GW2 that are like the faeblades or chakrams. So awesome.

Maybe they could get Todd McFarlane to do a set of weapons?

The greatsword is massive.

Attachments:

(edited by Thelgar.7214)

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

I think they all look superb, other than the long and short bows as those lack the refined filigree of the other weapons. Big flat metal plates don’t do much for me. I only have one ticket, so it will be very hard to choose what to get and which alt gets it.

As I like to standardize all the skins each of my toons use (i.e Guardian is all Zodiac weapons; Warrior is all Vigil weapons etc), this is the part which is stopping me from buying them for my ranger. The axe, sword, GS and warhorn all look nice enough but the bows are clunky looking. I agree that filigree in place of those plates would have been awesome.

In their current state, the best character to use this set would be the Necro (due to Staff, Scepter, Axe, Daggers, Focus and Warhorn all looking nice). Problem is the lovestruck theme wouldnt’t fit the necro (and shes been equipped with the Sclerite weapons already).

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Maybe they could get Todd McFarlane to do a set of weapons?

The greatsword is massive.

That would be pretty amazing.
If Anet sees this, you should consider contacting him to design a set. You can run a huge PR marketing bit and even have some kind of contest or something since that’s what you’re into doing.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

First time i’ve actually wanted to get all the weapon skins, i think they are awesome!

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: zMajc.4659

zMajc.4659

Absolutely hate those weapons. What are we paying? Hello Kitty online ?

What an obvious cash-in on the whole Valentine’s day s*it.

(edited by zMajc.4659)

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

Absolutely hate those weapons. What are we paying? Hello Kitty online ?

What an obvious cash-in on the whole Valentine’s day kitten.

So?

Same goes for Halloween, Wintersday and so on.

If you don’t like it, don’t bother with it…

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Some of the best weapons skins I have seen in this game, all ruined with those very annoying hearts …

<sigh>
Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

That shield is nice. I flippin hate the whole ticket scrap system though. I only have had gotten about 3 scraps in over a year of playing and opening chests :/

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

It sure would be nice if they could add a few items to the game that don’t require PAY RNG to get. I wonder why I even forked over 59.99 for the game original when everything cost real money to get anyway.

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

LanfearShadowflame.3189

That shield is nice. I flippin hate the whole ticket scrap system though. I only have had gotten about 3 scraps in over a year of playing and opening chests :/

Or you could buy it off the TP for 70 gold

sad sigh

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I love these weapons skins. Just wish I could outright buy BL tickets – or even the scraps. They could charge me a lot more per scrap than they do per BL key, I wouldn’t care. Just don’t want to open box after box to get the 4 tickets I want.

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

Looks very similar to AC greatsword.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

sad sigh

Well unless you are offering to loan me that 70 gold, that is not going to happen

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

LanfearShadowflame.3189

sad sigh

Well unless you are offering to loan me that 70 gold, that is not going to happen

lol still trying to figure out where I’m going to scrounge up the multitudes of gold I need XD

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I think they’re awful personally (the only one I am kind of sort of am OK with is the mace, because the heart is mostly hidden), but I’m glad plenty of other people seem to like them.

Plus, the fact that I have no interest in them meant I could go ahead and spend my gold I was saving in case of new weapon skins on T3 cultural for my Charr Ranger.

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Candy.6835

Candy.6835

I love these skins. Finally found my sword skin. I’d be getting the staff too but I’m really close to my bifrost atm so no point with that.

The daggers are gorgeous and so is the pistol. Clean, simplish, and beautiful.

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Lilith Ajit.6173

I spent 500 gold and 3 tickets on… 4 pistols, 2 daggers, 2 swords, 1 shield, 1 focus, and 1 hammer.

And I still want more. Staff and scepter specifically.

[ARES]

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

I like design but not hearts cause it doesn’t suit well do male character.Even though dagger looks best in entire game,i wont buy it cause of that little “heart” detail