Lvling is fun again :)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: skoezi.9472

skoezi.9472

I never started a post here, but this time i feel like i want to say this.

The Megaserver, the dye system, the wardrobe, all these new things make it so mutch more fun to play.
You can do events with more people, no more dead zones, your character looks nice when you start it.

Before all this, you had colors that you don’t like, you was all alone in the world :p
I realy like to lvl a new character now

I just want to say that, i like the new updates.
Oke i now that there are some things that couldt be don beter, but that i don’t mind, the outfits seperated and mixing was more fun.
But i like it that you can where theme in battle
and the boss timers is something to get used to, but i think that’s not a prob.

But overall the most of the update is very nice.
So i wanne says well done arenanet

I hope the megaserver will be soon to expand

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

Yeah) I was shocked by amount of people, tbh. I can run caravans to Claypool with groups of people, again! Like in old beta times!

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

That’s the only thing that is fun now.

Posted by: CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

Could you please relay the street name of that stuff you are smoking? Sounds like it makes everything that sucks appear to be fantastic…

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

I agree OP. Lots of people in Met Province for my new Asura Necro and I manged to get some hard skill challenges done with help. I’m not into the Wardrobe at all, but the megaservers are already a hit for me.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: Stephen McBeaven.5640

Stephen McBeaven.5640

Nah, I agree with OP. Some things could use improvement, but overall the experience is way better. Changing traits on the go and wardrobe are both huge.

skoezi.9472

There is more fun than lvling in the game, but i think that is the best improvement till now.

We just have to wait till the Megaserver is over the whole game, than the rest of the game will be more fun to, and boss events to
Maybe they can make the bosses more like tequatle.
More skills to kill them, instead of mindless attacking.

Dungeons i like already, maybe a little bit of variety in dungeons.

About the classes after the update i can’t say yet.

but i have faith in arenanet, i know they won’t disappoint us, but we need a lot of patience, i know :p

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Only thing I don’t like is the trait situation (free resets aside of course).

The zones feel MUCH more populated now and running open world PvE is fun and sociable again. Changing builds on the fly to deal with a champion or to better aid a low level friend is clutch.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: DavidH.7380

DavidH.7380

Am I happy with everything? No. But I do agree with you that the world seems much more active and alive following the patch. Before then I would play for long stretches of time and never see anything except an empty world with unattended events no one was around for or interested in. Now there are actually other people around doing stuff.

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Lvling without traits isn’t fun.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Lankybrit.4598

In your opinion.

Leveling 1-11 is fine without, but 11-30 isn’t? Even though the health of mobs has been adjusted accordingly?

I don’t even notice I’m not getting traits 11-30 now.

Updated every Monday

Seras.5702

Agreed. That’s what I meant about the “trait situation.” I hate that Anet feels the trait progression was too advanced for apparently stupid players and had to push everything back 20 levels. I lost access to my GM traits on my most recent alt. And my buddy who’s new to the game lost access to ALL of his traits for another half dozen levels. So much for him getting the hang of experimenting with traits.

skoezi.9472

Agreed. That’s what I meant about the “trait situation.” I hate that Anet feels the trait progression was too advanced for apparently stupid players and had to push everything back 20 levels. I lost access to my GM traits on my most recent alt. And my buddy who’s new to the game lost access to ALL of his traits for another half dozen levels. So much for him getting the hang of experimenting with traits.

I know that you are right about that, but when megaserver is over the whole game, you can do everything with more players, so more players, less hard to do.
So without traids wouldn’t be that bad.

Seras.5702

In your opinion.

Leveling 1-11 is fine without, but 11-30 isn’t? Even though the health of mobs has been adjusted accordingly?

It’s not about needing traits cuz the content is hard. It’s about having access to traits to further enrich the gameplay. Traits are the defining factor to how your build plays. If you’re not noticing not getting traits, then your playstyle must be pretty dull. That’s not meant to be offensive. But you’re clearly not utilizing your toon to its fullest potential if you don’t miss your traits.

Lankybrit.4598

In your opinion.

It’s not about needing traits cuz the content is hard. It’s about having access to traits to further enrich the gameplay. Traits are the defining factor to how your build plays. If you’re not noticing not getting traits, then your playstyle must be pretty dull. That’s not meant to be offensive. But you’re clearly not utilizing your toon to its fullest potential if you don’t miss your traits.

I don’t look at it as what they took away or that I’m missing. Instead I look at it as – what is the design of the game currently. Oh – no traits until 30. OK, I won’t bother about them until I get to 30 then. My gameplay is quite rich enough, thanks.

Updated every Monday

Posted by: Starfall.6813

Starfall.6813

In your opinion.

I don’t look at it as what they took away or that I’m missing. Instead I look at it as – what is the design of the game currently. Oh – no traits until 30. OK, I won’t bother about them until I get to 30 then. My gameplay is quite rich enough, thanks.

The design of the game currently is BORING. There is too little to do with making a character at low levels. It used to take until level 40 for some builds to click—now that has been pushed out until 60. That is just painful.

Posted by: The Revenant.4970

The Revenant.4970

In your opinion.

Why the hell are you worried about utilizing a sub-60 toon to it’s ‘fullest’ potential? Everything is fluid pre-60. It’s your time to experiment. Use levels 1-30 to try out all the weapons and get a good grasp of their different playstyles. Then after 30, add in the traits for further ‘utilization’. Getting to 30 is pretty dang quick to begin with.

In short, your crying over spilt milk.

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

I know that you are right about that, but when megaserver is over the whole game, you can do everything with more players, so more players, less hard to do.
So without traids wouldn’t be that bad.

So what now, zerg everything?
Is zerging all content the solution anet has given us?

Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

So for you embarassingly easy and demanding absolutely no activity except pressing 1 equals fun. Whatever floats your boat. Only a total scaling rework can save this game now.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

The Revenant.4970

In your opinion.

The design of the game currently is BORING. There is too little to do with making a character at low levels. It used to take until level 40 for some builds to click—now that has been pushed out until 60. That is just painful.

Seeing as you NEVER had full access to traits until level 60 to begin with…..you were never going to get a ‘full-grasp’ on your build until then anyways. Leveling is supposed to be about enjoying your surroundings…not worrying about min-maxing when you can’t even min-max until end-game to begin with.

skoezi.9472

So for you embarassingly easy and demanding absolutely no activity except pressing 1 equals fun. Whatever floats your boat. Only a total scaling rework can save this game now.

As you think it is that bad, why do you play, why do you even bother to comment here.
You better can play some other game, but i think there is nothing like gw, ones you play gw2 you always miss things when you play an other mmo.

Posted by: Slowpoke.2749

Slowpoke.2749

Where do people see all these characters running out and about? I took my guardian for some map completion adventure and haven’t spotted more then four players while adventuring in mid-level zones. So I was left soloing events and champions as usual.

DavidH.7380

Where do people see all these characters running out and about? I took my guardian for some map completion adventure and haven’t spotted more then four players while adventuring in mid-level zones. So I was left soloing events and champions as usual.

The megaserver changes are being rolled out from the lowest level zones to the highest, so it is quite possible you are just above the level where the roll out is at this point.

DavidH.7380

Here is what I don’t understand about the complaints. Open world leveling content has to be tuned for the new player with their first character still learning how to play the game. If you already know how to play the game, that content is already going to be easy. If you also have a reasonably strong trait build that supports your skill and weapon selections, and have good gear with supporting attributes, that same content is now going to be stupidly easy. And you can’t make the content hard enough to be interesting to that player on an alt without making is way to difficult for the new player still wet behind their ears.

TLDR: Early trait points just make lower level difficulty even less challenging for experienced players on alts.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Here is what I don’t understand about the complaints. Open world leveling content has to be tuned for the new player with their first character still learning how to play the game. If you already know how to play the game, that content is already going to be easy. If you also have a reasonably strong trait build that supports your skill and weapon selections, and have good gear with supporting attributes, that same content is now going to be stupidly easy. And you can’t make the content hard enough to be interesting to that player on an alt without making is way to difficult for the new player still wet behind their ears.

TLDR: Early trait points just make lower level difficulty even less challenging for experienced players on alts.

Most people who complain though are veteran players. I do understand how many new people have commented and said it sucks but I do honestly not believe that most of those people are new. Yes, I maybe misjudging, I maybe the worst humanbieng ever…but I am not really used to the fact that new players seem to understand builds, have followed all the updates to the game since months, are vets when it comes to other aspects of the game and then put an ending line ‘’I am still level 45 and I am not enjoying the game becasue of the trait change’’.

DavidH.7380

Most people who complain though are veteran players. I do understand how many new people have commented and said it sucks but I do honestly not believe that most of those people are new. Yes, I maybe misjudging, I maybe the worst humanbieng ever…but I am not really used to the fact that new players seem to understand builds, have followed all the updates to the game since months, are vets when it comes to other aspects of the game and then put an ending line ‘’I am still level 45 and I am not enjoying the game becasue of the trait change’’.

That is exactly my point. If you know all that, content tuned for people who don’t is already stupidly easy. Adding a good trait build to your knowledge advantage is just going to make it even more of a faceroll. I don’t see how giving veteran players leveling alts an optimized trait build as well is going to make it more fun for them… unless they are fighting way above their level.

As I’ve said several times, a lot of these “issues” could be easily addressed with max level vendors that sell account bound items to boost alts. Veteran players get their boost, new players get the unmodified experience Anet has in mind, and no major game changes need to be programmed.

(edited by DavidH.7380)

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

The megaserver changes are being rolled out from the lowest level zones to the highest, so it is quite possible you are just above the level where the roll out is at this point.

No they’re not.
Its low population zones to high. Nothing to do with level.

DavidH.7380

No they’re not.

Ah. I misunderstood then.

Posted by: ArchCalder.3258

ArchCalder.3258

I can see where a lot of people have been having trouble adjusting to this new trait system. There are plenty of reasons why that is the case:

• Access to traits in general has been pushed back 20 levels.
  • Implementation of unlocking traits is far from ideal (i.e. needing to beat “Battle for Claw Island” (level 50) to unlock an adept trait (level 30)).
  • 1 new trait point = 5 old trait points, but takes 6 levels to unlock each new trait point.
  • Having to pay more for each individual trait skill than was needed for the entire trait book (how can new players even afford to do that? Especially the GM traits).

That’s pretty much what I’ve gathered from the other postings. It’s concerning that ANet believed that the old trait system was too complicated for new players, and created a less perfect system. All they really needed to do was consolidate 5 old trait points into 1 new trait point, since trait skills can only be unlocked every 5 levels (6 in the new system). The idea of having to quest/battle/map complete for trait skills is brilliant, but poorly implemented. Rather than making each trait skill unlock unique and related to each class, they bunched them into large groups and offer quests that don’t really make sense. Not to mention that build experimentation has been pushed back 15-20 levels. Not good, when that was one of their main goals.

The idea was to refine the trait system so new players could better understand it. It’s a great idea, but the implementation could have been much better. I’m still enjoying the game, just not to the fullest extent. Once they take the feedback from their threads, I’m sure that the fixes will make everyone more happy.

Lankybrit.4598

No they’re not.

Right, the point’s still valid though that the person who wasn’t seeing many people might well be in a Zone that isn’t Megaservered yet.

Updated every Monday

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

Try Timberline Falls. I think I’ve killed that Krait witch more times in the last 3 days than I have in the previous year. And it wasn’t a massive zerg, (I try to avoid those because I lag out badly) it was 4 or 5 people at a time. Just right, as far as I’m concerned.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The idea was to refine the trait system so new players could better understand it. It’s a great idea, but the implementation could have been much better. I’m still enjoying the game, just not to the fullest extent. Once they take the feedback from their threads, I’m sure that the fixes will make everyone more happy.

I don’t anticipate that there will be substantial changes made to the new trait system. Why? Companies never tell their customers everything. The reasons given for changes always amount to, “We think this will be better for you.” Any other reasons never make it out to the community.

The GW2 leveling experience has been/is being modified for the China launch. I would certainly not be surprised if our new trait system is being used there. It makes a lot of sense to keep certain aspects of the two versions of the game the same. That way, it’s easier to port new content or systems over.

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

Megaservers are great. They really help mostly off peak ours where the population is lowest. NA prime time killing meta champs after reset has always been zergy.

Seras.5702

In your opinion.

Why the hell are you worried about utilizing a sub-60 toon to it’s ‘fullest’ potential? Everything is fluid pre-60. It’s your time to experiment. Use levels 1-30 to try out all the weapons and get a good grasp of their different playstyles. Then after 30, add in the traits for further ‘utilization’. Getting to 30 is pretty dang quick to begin with.

30 levels to try out all the weapons? Really? You need 20 hours of gameplay to figure out how to swing those weapons?

By fullest potential I don’t mean creating a meta-dungeon build. Other poster said he/she didn’t miss those traits while leveling. I sure miss them. I miss the added dynamics those traits added to my gameplay. I like having those traits to make my toon’s potential even greater. At 40, my Mesmer could trait Deceptive Evasion to make shattering more exciting and faster paced. Without that trait until at least 60 now, my Mesmer’s potential dropped. That’s what I meant.

The Revenant.4970

In your opinion.

30 levels to try out all the weapons? Really? You need 20 hours of gameplay to figure out how to swing those weapons?

By fullest potential I don’t mean creating a meta-dungeon build. Other poster said he/she didn’t miss those traits while leveling. I sure miss them. I miss the added dynamics those traits added to my gameplay. I like having those traits to make my toon’s potential even greater. At 40, my Mesmer could trait Deceptive Evasion to make shattering more exciting and faster paced. Without that trait until at least 60 now, my Mesmer’s potential dropped. That’s what I meant.

If you’re playing multiple mesmers…you’re playing the game into the ground anyways. There is no reason to have more than one of each class.

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

All I know is I level my alts by playing dungeons on my face roll guardian and then at the end I switch to what ever alt and bada-bing, hello level up. This change has impacted me about 0%. Now well see how I feel when my guild trys to do missions on sunday how much I like these mega servers

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Why on earth any player should be so concerned about being at ‘maximum potential’ at just level 40 is beyond me. After all, it’s not like you’ll be that level for very long. It seriously does not take much time to get to 60, or even 80, for that matter.

And how difficult is it to adapt and play your 40 mesmer slightly differently because it’s not at your preset notion of ‘max potential’.

I can just see it…..“oh noes, it takes me 10:30 now to do the same dungeon post patch as it did to do it in 9:45 pre-patch….and it takes me 5 button mashes now instead of just 4 to drop an npc…….the horror!!!!!”……..

But hey, maybe all that is super important to you, I guess.

I think the new trait system is just fine, as it really doesn’t change one’s character’s abilities all that much. /shrug

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

skoezi.9472

There is only one thing to say, just lvl and enjoy the game, as long as you don’t die every 2 sec it doesn’t matter or you have traits or not, as long as the lvling is fun, and with the mega server it is.
More players, bigger scaling of events, less dying, so more fun

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

The simplest solution to leveling issues would be if Anet made the level to 20 scroll available more easily. Then people would have the same ten levels without traits.

Teon.5168

There is only one thing to say, just lvl and enjoy the game, as long as you don’t die every 2 sec it doesn’t matter or you have traits or not, as long as the lvling is fun, and with the mega server it is.
More players, bigger scaling of events, less dying, so more fun

Agreed.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

The Revenant.4970

The simplest solution to leveling issues would be if Anet made the level to 20 scroll available more easily. Then people would have the same ten levels without traits.

I have like 8 of em. I think they are accessible enough as it is.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I thought the Devs said one of the major reasons for the new Trait system was to enable them to easily add new Traits. I can’t remember how many traits, if any, were added to the old systems, but I would think we would all be happy to have more Traits to choose from.

With this new system, we already have 40 new Traits added. Hooray! =)

Seras.5702

You guys are all missing the point. I’m not talking about speed clearing dungeons or using a stopwatch to max my dps at level 40. I’m talking about having a more complete experience. Why would you want a game to take 1/2 of what defines your combat style and gate it behind so many levels and challenges and costs? That’s restrictive to the potential; potential fun, potential dynamic play, potential for variety, etc. It’s not about maxing dps. It’s about getting used to all the traits you’ll be using at 80 & testing how they synergize together, trying things out, and not letting combat become stale. It’s experiencing all that a class has to offer.

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

I have like 8 of em. I think they are accessible enough as it is.

I have a bunch of them too, but you need to be playing a year to get them mostly. Most of mine are from alts. So if someone levels the first character and six months later wants to level another, I think they should have access to the scrolls.

I mean the first 20 levels are nothing anyway..really. Busy work. Might as well let people who’ve played before skip them.

Lankybrit.4598

I mean the first 20 levels are nothing anyway..really. Busy work. Might as well let people who’ve played before skip them.

Well, you still need to do the Personal Story. But skipping the other stuff is certainly a good idea.

Updated every Monday

Posted by: Asacledhae.2650

Asacledhae.2650

As you think it is that bad, why do you play, why do you even bother to comment here.
You better can play some other game, but i think there is nothing like gw, ones you play gw2 you always miss things when you play an other mmo.

I have a question for you, friend.
How much money is A-Net paying you to support the megaserver the way it is, and wanting it to expand?

Are you a US player, by any chance? Cause if you are, then you’re probably oblivious on what’s going on in EU servers. So take your time and visit one, and see if you’ll be able to enjoy the game as you say… Unless of course you speak English, Spanish, German, French, Greek, and every other language the chat is getting these days. And i bet you don’t RP at all, or even not sure what that is.

And no, turning zone chat off won’t save the situation.

So to answer YOUR question, the reason we still “play” and bother to comment here, is cause we like the game. We like the new changes, i have no issue with the new leveling system, i have no issue with the changes. Heck, i adore the new wardrobe. However, the megaserver needs work. It’s in early alpha stages, and it should’ve stayed contained in a few areas, until ready for full deployment.

I like seeing more players in one area. MORE players, not zerg. And of course, not Zerg who assault me for either speaking English, or RPlaying.

So instead of praising them for giving us something broken, join our voices and help us push them to fix it, so it can work properly.

The reasons we love the new downgra…..er….feature patch :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqJlKjwrKB4

Teon.5168

You guys are all missing the point. I’m not talking about speed clearing dungeons or using a stopwatch to max my dps at level 40. I’m talking about having a more complete experience. Why would you want a game to take 1/2 of what defines your combat style and gate it behind so many levels and challenges and costs? That’s restrictive to the potential; potential fun, potential dynamic play, potential for variety, etc. It’s not about maxing dps. It’s about getting used to all the traits you’ll be using at 80 & testing how they synergize together, trying things out, and not letting combat become stale. It’s experiencing all that a class has to offer.

I suppose I can see your point, although I don’t agree that ‘1/2 of what defines my combat style’ has been taken away.

I suppose I would get a more accurate opinion on it all if I rerolled a new character at 0 and leveled it up to 80 again to see if it really does take away from my enjoyment level compared to pre patch experiences. I assume you have already done that based on your comments?

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

skoezi.9472

I have a question for you, friend.
How much money is A-Net paying you to support the megaserver the way it is, and wanting it to expand?

Are you a US player, by any chance? Cause if you are, then you’re probably oblivious on what’s going on in EU servers. So take your time and visit one, and see if you’ll be able to enjoy the game as you say… Unless of course you speak English, Spanish, German, French, Greek, and every other language the chat is getting these days. And i bet you don’t RP at all, or even not sure what that is.

And no, turning zone chat off won’t save the situation.

So to answer YOUR question, the reason we still “play” and bother to comment here, is cause we like the game. We like the new changes, i have no issue with the new leveling system, i have no issue with the changes. Heck, i adore the new wardrobe. However, the megaserver needs work. It’s in early alpha stages, and it should’ve stayed contained in a few areas, until ready for full deployment.

I like seeing more players in one area. MORE players, not zerg. And of course, not Zerg who assault me for either speaking English, or RPlaying.

So instead of praising them for giving us something broken, join our voices and help us push them to fix it, so it can work properly.

I am an eu player, and i don’t speak the language you speak of as mother language.
And no i don’t play RP but i know what it is and i don’t have anything against players who do it.
I think it is nice that you do it.
And i don’t know why they assualt you for speaking english, i have no prob with it.

And i understand that you want it to be better, everything can always be better, but sometimes it’s good to say good things, i liked my experience till now with the megaserver so that is wat i said.

i havend seen anything bad for me with the megaserver so why would’t i say what is bad about it, as i have nothing bad to say. (till now)

Posted by: Asacledhae.2650

Asacledhae.2650

The leveling process feels more or less the same, the creatures have been adjusted to fit the new trait system, so you won’t have any trouble there. In fact, your chars may feel a tad stronger if you play your… “cards” right.

The reasons we love the new downgra…..er….feature patch :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqJlKjwrKB4

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

To me, the leveling process always felt VERY stale from about 40 or 50 until 80. (I have 7 80s, so I’ve done this a bit now.) I’m hoping that the new system makes that process feel a bit better, that all the traits (and hunting them down) gives me plenty to do.

I intend to build a new character and try the whole process from scratch. Anybody else going to do the same?

I think there’s a lot of criticism before people have had a chance to really take it all in and try it out. Give it a shot, then come back and complain.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org