MMORPG.com Interview

MMORPG.com Interview

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Link to video

One thing I noticed is that they’ve also seemed to add coloured boarders to items, showing their rarity shown at this point.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

One thing I noticed is that they’ve also seemed to add coloured boarders to items, showing their rarity

That’s been there for ages.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

MMORPG.com Interview

TheDaiBish.9735

One thing I noticed is that they’ve also seemed to add coloured boarders to items, showing their rarity

It has? Is it a toggle?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: Allanon.9072

Allanon.9072

Yes LOL i think some ppl don’t even look in inventory settings or don’t know where are?

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

No it’s not. There are no such borders atm. Open up your inventory and tell me after a raid which items are yellow and which trash.

At the moment u can’t without hovering over with the mouse.

If they really add this feature i would be very glad as it was something i have been thinking of for some time now.

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

yes there is a toggle- can’t remember where though

Gunnar’s Hold

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: Recalibar.6482

Recalibar.6482

Inventory> options> Show rarity =P

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

It has? Is it a toggle?

If you click the gear icon in your inventory (same place where you can click for Deposit all Collectibles), it’ll be there.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

No it’s not. There are no such borders atm. Open up your inventory and tell me after a raid which items are yellow and which trash.

If they really add this feature i would be very glad as it was something i have been thinking of for some time now.

Lol. Click a little CoG gear in upper right corner and toggle on rarity of items shown.

MMORPG.com Interview

TheDaiBish.9735

Well I’ll be kitten ed. That one went right over me :P

Thanks for letting me know.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

MMORPG.com Interview

Rebound.3409

Dafq..has this been there since the start?

I feel dumb now. Thank you for pointing that option out really.

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

Sorry dude, but the feature has been in-game for a very long time. The toggle is located in the menu in the upper-right of your inventory window.

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I don’t think it was there at the start. I think it got added during one of the LS, but it has been there for months now.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Went in somewhere last year, but i don’t remember exactly when. Was in the patch notes, if you are really curious you might look them up.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

MMORPG.com Interview

Rebound.3409

They should have advertised this more lol. I would take a news about colored borders around items over “WUT WILL SCARLET DO DIS TIME?!!?!?!” patchnote any day of the week. Good thing that’s over with

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Unfortunately the color box is so small that sometimes it’s easy to mistake yellow/orange.

I accidently salvaged an exotic that way.

I tell myself everyday that it was not a precursor.

;’[

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Unfortunately the color box is so small that sometimes it’s easy to mistake yellow/orange.

;’[

They have 20 slot rarity bags in fractals you can buy for relics that will put rares/exotics/masterwork (depending on which bag u buy), so when you get a yellow one for example will go into that bag 1st when orange one will be up on top with rest of them or the other way around.

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Oh, this was that interview that they hyped up last week as being something “big”, but simply turns out it is just a repeat of what was already known (except the borders for item for some people, it seems).

I suppose MMORPG is in need of views or something.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

Yea… this was a bit dissapointing… I honestly thought there was going to be something new announced that we didn’t already have information for.

MMORPG, why you crush my dreams?

Slow down and smell the pixels.

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Silly mmorpg.com

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Well, on the upside they do say that you can earn trans charges from all the same things you could earn trans stones from out in the world. Map completion, for example, will still give them. Sadly they don’t say how many. Probably 1, since 3 stones = 1 charge, and map completion typically gave 3 stones.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Inventory> options> Show rarity =P

Oh thanks I hadn’t noticed this either. I liked that in other titles I’ve played. Wonder how I missed it hmmm.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

MMORPG.com Interview

Vol.7601

The one thing we can take out of this is that there will be at least two more feature patches this year if they keep along with the quarterly feature updates.

That would put the next updates at August and December.

MMORPG.com Interview

Flytrap.8075

The one thing we can take out of this is that there will be at least two more feature patches this year if they keep along with the quarterly feature updates.

I find that extremely unlikely.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Went in somewhere last year, but i don’t remember exactly when. Was in the patch notes, if you are really curious you might look them up.

Had been requested as a feature for a long time and got added in back in November.

:)

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: Recalibar.6482

Recalibar.6482

Guys, they said it.

Thanks to the mega server system helping population disparity, they’re adding NEW MAPS!

REJOICE!

MMORPG.com Interview

lordkrall.7241

Why?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

MMORPG.com Interview

Flytrap.8075

Why?

Take a look at ANet’s track record and get back to me.

I don’t feel like getting infracted for speaking the truth.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

MMORPG.com Interview

Vol.7601

OP didn’t link the article:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/8410/Guild-Wars-2-The-Improvements-Weve-Been-Waiting-For.html

“Every quarter or so, ANet will release a new feature pack bringing in tons of new quality of life improvements”

MMORPG.com Interview

Flytrap.8075

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/8410/Guild-Wars-2-The-Improvements-Weve-Been-Waiting-For.html

“Every quarter or so, ANet will release a new feature pack bringing in tons of new quality of life improvements”

Honestly, I wouldn’t read too much into it.

There have been numerous blog posts over the years that contained the same promises to deliver content that have ultimately fallen through.

If they can manage to stay on schedule, that’s fantastic news; however, I wouldn’t hype it up because you’re only going to end up disappointed.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Just goes to show that I learn something new everyday (sometimes it’s good, sometimes not so much….) This was a good one (Show Rarity toggle).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

MMORPG.com Interview

lordkrall.7241

Take a look at ANet’s track record and get back to me.

I don’t feel like getting infracted for speaking the truth.

Oh, you mean those: “We will release new content every two weeks” (which they did until they informed us otherwise)?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

There have been numerous blog posts over the years that contained the same promises to deliver content that have ultimately fallen through.

If they can manage to stay on schedule, that’s fantastic news; however, I wouldn’t hype it up because you’re only going to end up disappointed.

Can you link some of those blog posts that promised something that they didn’t actually do?

The Precursor scavenger hunt is the only one that comes to mind at the moment, and that’s hardly “content”, so anything else?

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

Do none of you pay attention to options in the inventory cog? It’s been there forever, and I’ve used it forever.

MMORPG.com Interview

Flytrap.8075

Can you link some of those blog posts that promised something that they didn’t actually do?

The Precursor scavenger hunt is the only one that comes to mind at the moment, and that’s hardly “content”, so anything else?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/structured-pvp-iceberg/

Check those out.

The Looking Ahead one is from almost a year ago, while the sPvP Iceberg article is from October 2012. I’d also suggest taking a look at the WvW subforum.

Oh, you mean those: “We will release new content every two weeks” (which they did until they informed us otherwise)?

We must have different definitions of content; I personally don’t think that a laundry list of dry and tedious achievements tied to PvE zerg fests counts.

That being said, the Zephyr Sanctum update was awesome and I would love to see the Living Story go more in that direction rather than the Scarlet hoopla.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

(edited by Flytrap.8075)

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: Caveth.3268

Caveth.3268

Link to video

One thing I noticed is that they’ve also seemed to add coloured boarders to items, showing their rarity shown at this point.

How to hide and show rarity (attached):

Attachments:

MMORPG.com Interview

maddoctor.2738

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/structured-pvp-iceberg/

Check those out.

So, they promised new skills and traits and they are coming out, we also had the first few skills back in November (to test the waters). Given the huge rework of the trait system I wouldn’t expect them to add more traits before the Feature Patch.

Champions got a new reward chest, Bonus gold from champions, new crafting materials from a variety of activities (the Ascended materials) and finally Account Magic Find and the ability to salvage Fine and Masterwork gear for Luck.

So the only thing they promised is the Precursor crafting, and in earlier blog posts the Precursor scavenger hunt.

Is there anything else?

As for the PVP link, I guess you are talking about the Paid tournaments?

MMORPG.com Interview

Vol.7601

precursor crafting and new legendaries were content that was planned for F13 but delayed/shelved.

Precursor scavenger hunt was discussed even farther back but no plans were made.

MMORPG.com Interview

TheDaiBish.9735

We must have different definitions of content; I personally don’t think that a laundry list of dry and tedious achievements tied to PvE zerg fests counts.

That being said, the Zephyr Sanctum update was awesome and I would love to see the Living Story go more in that direction rather than the Scarlet hoopla.

I dunno. Among those there was some nice content.

At any rate, I feel the quality improved as time went on (there was a vast improvement from the first LS patch the the more recent ones).

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

MMORPG.com Interview

maddoctor.2738

precursor crafting and new legendaries were content that was planned for F13 but delayed/shelved.

Precursor scavenger hunt was discussed even farther back but no plans were made.

And I already mentioned that. Surely there must be loads more to say that they don’t keep their promises though.

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

;’[

The boxes are obvious enough. Granted, if you salvaged an exotic, it’s because you clicked “yes” on the dialog box that pops up without reading what it’s actually asking. There’s a reason you’re asked if you really want to salvage an item that’s rare or higher quality.

MMORPG.com Interview

Flytrap.8075

So, they promised new skills and traits and they are coming out, we also had the first few skills back in November (to test the waters). Given the huge rework of the trait system I wouldn’t expect them to add more traits before the Feature Patch.

Champions got a new reward chest, Bonus gold from champions, new crafting materials from a variety of activities (the Ascended materials) and finally Account Magic Find and the ability to salvage Fine and Masterwork gear for Luck.

So the only thing they promised is the Precursor crafting, and in earlier blog posts the Precursor scavenger hunt.

Is there anything else?

The only new skills we have gotten were one healing skill per profession, whereas new utilities, elites, and weapon sets (aka the real stuff) are still M.I.A.

Legendaries and precursors, although I honestly could not care less about this feature.

Don’t even get me started on WvW; there is a laundry list of updates that have been asked for since this game was in beta that still have not been implemented.

As for sPvP, we’re still missing functioning Leaderboards and a more robust Spectator mode, and we’re just now receiving reward updates.

Keep in mind that tournaments have since been shelved and that the whole eSports idea is laughable.

I get that development takes time and that things don’t appear out of nowhere, but I’d prefer no blog updates rather than a carrot on a stick that is over a year away.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

(edited by Flytrap.8075)

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I am not sure people asking for things, and ArenaNet promising things are the same thing. In fact, I can’t recall seeing the word promise in any of their announcements.

But, that’s just me. =)

MMORPG.com Interview

maddoctor.2738

Is there anything else?

The only new skills we have gotten were one healing skill per profession, whereas new utilities, elites, and weapon sets are still M.I.A.

And you are getting more today. They released new skills (as promised) 3 months after the blog post, the healing skills. Provided that the trait update required a lot more work, to get all the prerequisities for the traits right (I doubt they will all work well). They already said there is a Feature Patch coming early on, and it was expected to push new skills/traits in the Feature Patch.

Don’t even get me started on WvW; there is a laundry list of updates that have been asked for since this game was in beta that still have not been implemented.

A list with updates that players ask for and Anet’s actual development list can be quite different.

As for PVP, I guess they finally decided/realised GW2 won’t be an esports game, took them long enough. Still it’s strange how they continue to base game balance on PVP

MMORPG.com Interview

TheDaiBish.9735

The only new skills we have gotten were one healing skill per profession, whereas new utilities, elites, and weapon sets (aka the real stuff) are still M.I.A.

Legendaries and precursors, although I honestly could not care less about this feature.

As for sPvP, we’re still missing functioning Leaderboards and a more robust Spectator mode, and we’re just now receiving reward updates.

Keep in mind that tournaments have since been shelved and that the whole eSports idea is laughable.

I get that development takes time and that things don’t appear out of nowhere, but I’d prefer no blog updates rather than a carrot on a stick that is over a year away.

Isn’t that moving the goalposts a bit on some of them?

We had new skills, regardless of what skills they are.

Something being asked for, and something ANet said they’d be implementing are two entirely different things, surely?

Also, ANet have already said this is why they don’t go into what they’re planning, and as such, a lot of people complain about lack of communication. When they did do it (with precursor crafting), people hounded them every month, despite being told it wasn’t actively being worked on.

Catch-22, right there.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

MMORPG.com Interview

Vol.7601

So Colin just confirmed that the ‘quarterly or so’ comment did not come from them:

“Just want to quickly clarify, we gave no timelines on additional feature packs or timing of any other releases. All we’ve said is the feature pack concept has been good for us so far, and we plan to do another feature pack someday.”

http://www.reddit.com/user/ArenaColin

MMORPG.com Interview

lordkrall.7241

MMORPG.com just keeps getting better and better, aye? ^^

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

MMORPG.com Interview

Flytrap.8075

So Colin just confirmed that the ‘quarterly or so’ comment did not come from them:

“Just want to quickly clarify, we gave no timelines on additional feature packs or timing of any other releases. All we’ve said is the feature pack concept has been good for us so far, and we plan to do another feature pack someday.”

http://www.reddit.com/user/ArenaColin

;)

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I guess this is what they meant when they said features were being lost in the LS updates. :p

MMORPG.com Interview

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Also, ANet have already said this is why they don’t go into what they’re planning, and as such, a lot of people complain about lack of communication. When they did do it (with precursor crafting), people hounded them every month, despite being told it wasn’t actively being worked on.

Catch-22, right there.

Well that is still bad communications. Should have just said no until someone is actually working on it. “Yes” without anyone working on it is effectively the same as “no” except now people has this expectation of it getting done. “Maybe in 2 or 3 years” should also just be “no”.