Mad Memories is back!

Mad Memories is back!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kotone.6597

Kotone.6597

I talked to a ghost npc in LA, and after listen to her story, she gave me this item….

Now..let the hunt begin!

Edit:—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

After I found the first 3 sites, I went to the remaining locations tried my best to get the rest 3, no luck at all.

I did try everything that could be related to Halloween (eg. wait for the night,candy corn, all kinds of Halloween food, change myself to ghost, used tonic, talked to the personal golem, use different minis…ect) and check if any magic would happen but sadly..nothing…

However, if you are a dreamer like me…the 2012 Halloween has 4 different chapters , the first chapter only has 3 pages available, and 3 others on the chapter 2, so we can still wait for the next week and see if any magic will happen.

At last, if this is true ( I personally highly doubt it is a bug since these NPCs in LA never shows up in 2013?), bravo for Anet on this special Easter Egg, found these hidden npcs like found a hidden chest full for gold for me.

Attachments:

(edited by Kotone.6597)

Mad Memories is back!

Kotone.6597

She will come and gone but always stay at the same spot..so if you don’t see her, just wait there shortly and she will show up

Attachments:

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Oh, that is so awesome! Thank you for sharing this!

Mad Memories is back!

Kotone.6597

Found the Site 1….same as the first year…but he comes and go as well, just wait if you dont see him

Attachments:

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

You can collect pages but luckily there is no way to combine them to a book.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Mad Memories is back!

Kotone.6597

Site 2….it is fun to try to find these sites again….on the ruin of the old LA

Attachments:

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

luckily there is no way to combine them to a book.

luckily

“I wanna be a speshul snowflake”

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

What do you mean “luckily”? If anything it should be unfortunately if true.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

If you can’t combine these, that would suck. I want the backpiece myself, but didn’t get GW2 until after the first Halloween.

Mad Memories is back!

Malediktus.9250

What do you mean “luckily”? If anything it should be unfortunately if true.

So there is something left which was exclusive to Halloween 2012.

Mad Memories is back!

DeWolfe.2174

This game needs exclusivity like it needs a server cluster made up of 286 IBM’s.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: HammerCat.8709

HammerCat.8709

I can’t get it.
What should I do?

Attachments:

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

I got it. Strange, I only had to talk to her and she gave me the first page.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Alfwyn.8704

Alfwyn.8704

Ghost makes unintelligible sounds for me, it is suggested to contact the Priory in LA. That woud have been Magister Tassi , who moved to Nolani Ruins since.

So I guess you used a “Candy-Powered Matter Meter” you still have from back in 2012? Or the game remembered you used it back then?

Mad Memories is back!

Malediktus.9250

This game needs exclusivity like it needs a server cluster made up of 286 IBM’s.

Stop feeling entitled to it. Events are boring if you cant earn exclusive items.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Stop feeling entitled to it. Events are boring if you cant earn exclusive items.

i, and many others, embrace every tear you shed upon learning something has lost its exclusivity

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Mad Memories is back!

Pirlipat.2479

Ghost makes unintelligible sounds for me, it is suggested to contact the Priory in LA. That woud have been Magister Tassi , who moved to Nolani Ruins since.

So I guess you used a “Candy-Powered Matter Meter” you still have from back in 2012? Or the game remembered you used it back then?

I haven’t used anything. I’ll check if I still have it somewhere.

Edit: I think I don’t have it anymore.

(edited by Pirlipat.2479)

Mad Memories is back!

Kotone.6597

The Candy powered meter will be destroyed once you use it, the ghost looks like only shows up during the night so i am stuck atm, will wait for a bit

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Tyger.1637

Tyger.1637

And what about those who didn’t join right off? Or those that built up Mad Memories: Complete Edition and didn’t get the unlock for Mad Memories because the system didn’t recognise that fact you had to have one to make the other?

Mad Memories is back!

Malediktus.9250

i, and many others, embrace every tear you shed upon learning something has lost its exclusivity

Good for them, and I embrace any complaint about people who feel entitled to having access to everything in an MMO. Maybe they should play single player games instead.

Remember happy people rarely visit the forums. So it likely the people who are happy with exclusive items is much larger than the few who keep crying for inclusiveness here.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Mad Memories is back!

Pirlipat.2479

Blabla, I try it out and if it works – fine if not – who cares. So much anger, it’s a fun-event….

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

People have been collecting these MM items for days. I don’t think they lead to anything (at least so far), as it would have been posted here or in the Wiki, if they did. More likely, just some leftovers from previous Halloween releases, like the letter that is sent after finishing the Meta congratulating you on earning the Mini Candy Corn Elemental. /shrug

In other words, temper your expectations, and try not to call ‘foul’ when ArenaNet never stated or announced the scavenger hunt was again viable.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Mizu.4508

Mizu.4508

The NPC is there alright but I didn’t get anything from her and the only dialogue option was “Leave.” Mad Memoires is not back, at least its not for new players.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Akuni.8604

Akuni.8604

She’s most likely just a leftover NPC. Sadly… I was looking forward to getting that skin for over a year now and it still hasn’t made a return this year :< Maybe it will get patched in next week if enough people ask? I mean there’s literally no one running around with the skin anymore as they most likely left the game and it’d still take some work to finish the skin.

Just a note in advance: No, exclusive skins are not a good thing. It leads to people playing dress up and feeling “better than the rest” which just hurts the community feeling as is. I’ve seen enough self entitled Greatsaw users bragging about how awsome they are and generally being jerks all around – No one likes such people. No one.

Everyone should have a fair chance on items, no matter when they started. There’s an exception with timely eventbound items like the gw2 hat which was given out at the beginning of the game (And no I’m not owning it, I deleted the char wearing it long ago; not particulary sad though as it was ugly anyway) as that event is strictly tied to that timepoint. But with Mad Memoirs? It’s a Halloween skin and as such should be available every Halloween! It doesn’t make sense at all to keep it lookked off and it is not really fair to new players.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

If the events are boring without the exclusive rewards, all that it means that those events are boring. Period.
And the entitlement argument can go both ways – because how else would you call the fact, that some people seem to think they deserve to posess items noone else can acquire? For no better reason that they simply want that exclusivity?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Yes, thanks a bunch!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

I’m guessing nobody has worked out yet why different players are getting different dialogue from these ghosts?

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yes, thanks a bunch!

Any idea what the full story is on this?

I, like others, don’t get anything when I talk to this NPC…

Mad Memories is back!

Malediktus.9250

I mean there’s literally no one running around with the skin anymore as they most likely left the game and it’d still take some work to finish the skin.

Wrong I use the back piece on at least one character and I have recently seen others wear it, too.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

I mean there’s literally no one running around with the skin anymore as they most likely left the game and it’d still take some work to finish the skin..

Perhaps you need to look up the word, “literally.”
In any case, I’ve been wearing my Mad Memoires backpack since the event started.

Yes, I have both skins, and I don’t mind one bit if new people get them. Doesn’t change what’s in my wardrobe. What do I care?

(edited by Gryphon.2875)

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Kallandra.2610

Kallandra.2610

Serene, the ghost in LA, won’t talk to most of my characters. The ones that she does talk to get as far as the cemetery in Queensdale where no matter what they do the ghost doesn’t show up. In some shards there’s a Priest of Grenth, in others absolutely nothing. I’ve still got the Candy Powered Matter Meter from last year and that doesn’t work either.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Definition of LITERALLY

: in a literal sense or manner : actually <took the remark literally> <was literally insane>
: in effect : virtually <will literally turn the world upside down to combat cruelty or injustice — Norman Cousins>

just saying

Fishsticks

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: TKIB.9061

TKIB.9061

T_T
Can’t finish this, a don’t have Candy powered matter meter anymore…

Is there a mean to get it again?

I have the complete edition, would like the incomplete one…

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

This is what I wanted Arena Net to do for newer players of the game. I already have Mad Memoires and Mad Memoires: Complete Edition on all 8 of my characters. However I do feel terrible for those who missed out during the first year. I hope that Arena Net also goes back to reactivates Descent into Madness and Reaper’s Rumble. The more content there is, the better. Especially when you can draw out the time spent with Halloween before the next major patch rolls out.

(edited by Sindex.9520)

Mad Memories is back!

Gryphon.2875

Definition of LITERALLY

: in a literal sense or manner : actually <took the remark literally> <was literally insane>
: in effect : virtually <will literally turn the world upside down to combat cruelty or injustice — Norman Cousins>

just saying

Neither of which apply, since not only do I sport my Mad Memoires, I see plenty of others doing it, too.

(edited by Gryphon.2875)

Mad Memories is back!

DeWolfe.2174

Yes, thanks a bunch!

Gaile, can we get a patch to get this back in game say, for Tuesday? This thread show’s there’s a desire for it to be. For me, I already have it.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: LunarRXA.5062

LunarRXA.5062

I sincerely must make one thing clear. I think that “Mad Memories” is quite possibly the most crisp and well-designed back piece availible. It’s just such a cool haunting item. I was really disappointed to receive unintelligible ghost-garble from Serene. It would be an awesome gesture to add this “Quest” back into the game for Halloween week

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Like I mention here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mad-Memoires/

I was able to get 3 of them. But I wasn’t able to get any of the other 9. The other NPCs just won’t appear in their old spots or anywhere in LA. The candy-powered matter-meter does not work either.

Looks like it doesn’t work for everyone, too. I suspect only those who were there (older account or past Halloween achievements) can get them. So it may be for those that COULD get them but didn’t.

As far as I can tell, they either made this unnecessarily overcomplicated for something that will be around just 2 weeks, or those ghosts were brought back just for flavor, and it’s just a bug in those ghosts’ dialogue that makes the memoires dialogue appear for some people.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Careful… entitlement arguments can be used both ways. You are sounding entitled.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

As far as I can tell, they either made this unnecessarily overcomplicated for something that will be around just 2 weeks, or those ghosts were brought back just for flavor, and it’s just a bug in those ghosts’ dialogue that makes the memoires dialogue appear for some people.

OR… the dev(s) who got the maps ready for this year simply forgot to remove them. Which I think is entirely possible.

I’ve played since release but wasn’t online much during the first Halloween (it is pretty much the only thing in GW2 I largely missed), so I would have appreciated the opportunity to make up for it now.

But I was able to pick up the first 3 pages, so at least it gave me something to do for a bit today.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Each time I see someone post up about this item, nearly everyone butchers MEMO*IR*ES for MEMO*RI*ES. It’s simple, switch the I and the R around and instantly you look less of a dope.

Memoir (n.) a record of events written by a person having intimate knowledge of them and based on personal observation.

It’s easy guys, say mem-wahr.

smh -__-

/rant

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

^ this.

It’s almost as if everyone who wants this has no attention span and wants everything right now.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

So, I had accidentally deleted the character I had that had this item shortly after the 2012 halloween event ended. The wardrobe update didn’t include my Mad Memories (as expected). My question is simple: Can I or can I not obtain the Mad Memories this year?

Seriously, did you not read the two posts directly above yours?

ANet should make it available for people who can spell it.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Seriously you’re getting all annoying about SPELLING? On the internet?

On topic: I hope we can get this during this Halloween, I had taken a break during the original 2012 and I’ve wanted this backpiece skin for awhile now.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

They should have remade the stories into temporary journal entries.

Complete the Story 1, get token you can use to get Mad Memoires or something else if you already got it. Make bonus achievements for story 1, get token you can use for Complete Edition or something else if you already got it.

Complete Story 2, get 1 Corn cob. Complete bonus achievements. Get 2 corn cobs.

Next year, bonus achievements reset, can replay again for stuff.

Kind of like GW1’s festival quests, but using the Story Journal.

That way we could replay the Mad King’s dungeon again. It’s a shame having lost that.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Mad Memories is back!

Gryphon.2875

So, I had accidentally deleted the character I had that had this item shortly after the 2012 halloween event ended. The wardrobe update didn’t include my Mad Memories (as expected). My question is simple: Can I or can I not obtain the Mad Memories this year?

You know.. I just discovered, unless stopped, my Chrome automatically changes “Memoires” to “Memories.” Apparently, “Memoires” is not a real word. “Memoirs,” however, is a real word.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Yes please, put the other parts back in. ive said it elsewhere but ill say it again, i was one part away from the complete edition and i got forced off to update the game and end the event, and i was almost to it too…

So im all for putting the complete edition back in

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

You know.. I just discovered, unless stopped, my Chrome automatically changes “Memoires” to “Memories.” Apparently, “Memoires” is not a real word. “Memoirs,” however, is a real word.

“Mémoire” (with accent and with -e) is French. It translates to “memory”. “Mad Memories” is not all THAT wrong.

“Memoire” (without accent but with an -e) doesn’t really mean anything.

So the first people to misspell whatever this is (probably “Memoirs”) were ANet.

;)

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Personally I think ANet should consider putting these items back in game every holiday.

The wardrobe makes many people completionists. Having gaping holes in your wardrobe that you are unable to fill because you weren’t playing back then or because you deleted the item back before there was a wardrobe (since inventory space was becoming an issue with more backpieces than you might have characters to wear them) is frustrating to these people.

The Mad Memoire scavenger hunt was well received and ANet should think about bringing it back each year for all the people who want this item

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

So it looks like only the first 3 sites are aviable. Great, I thought I could get the skin again since I deleted the item halfway between the first Halloween and the implementation of the wardrobe, but nope, apparently I can’t.

(edited by HHR LostProphet.4801)