Mad Memories is back!

Mad Memories is back!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896

IIRC these stories were time gated in the original. Might be again?

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

IIRC these stories were time gated in the original. Might be again?

Doesn’t matter. The npc that exchanged the pages for the backpack is still missing (as she has been repurposed for a different function in 2013 version).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Yeah, I’m thinking the whole thing has been some sort of error.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

Yeah, I’m thinking the whole thing has been some sort of error.

Agreed. There was never any intention to give you access to this already developed item.

ArenaNet management logic.

You can join it to the Witch Hat, sheild, chainsaw, SAB, and more. Feel the love now? :-)

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

AAARRRGH THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZZZY!!! IS IT BACK OR NOT????

Can someone from ANET please confirm this? We have to know for sure!

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

AAARRRGH THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZZZY!!! IS IT BACK OR NOT????

Can someone from ANET please confirm this? We have to know for sure!

Plus one.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

This.

Also, it would be great if the OP could edit the title to reflect the unknown status of the whole thing.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Is ANET in the office today? It would be good to know. I thought Gaile’s post was confirmation.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: ElusiveReaches.6097

ElusiveReaches.6097

+21.000 Views.
People have great expectations.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

With their policy about holding back secrets, lack of news is some news. Bugs are usually identified quickly.

If you have the messages, will they go in the forge? If so, candy corn or a cob would probably partner up with it.

Mad Memories is back!

Astralporing.1957

With their policy about holding back secrets, lack of news is some news. Bugs are usually identified quickly.

Depends on bugs. Those that benefit the players are indeed identified and fixed quickly. Others? May be fixed “soon™”, delayed or ignored, depending on the weather.

Actions, not words.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

I tried this on both my chars, one is only a few months old but the other I’ve had since just after halloween 2012. I got the game before halloween but then had to have superfun emergency eye surgery and wasn’t able to get started until nearly Wintersday. I was always so envious of my brother’s Mad Memoirs back that he got and have been wanting to get one ever since

But no go with either character It just says Serene sounds unintelligible, or something to that effect.

I wish I knew why it works for some people but not for others. Just like Guhracie, I took Gaille’s post as kind of a confirmation. I’m hoping it’s bugged, and that the bug is it not working for some people. Hoping

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Tontza.2374

Tontza.2374

Got the 3 pages too :p I was too lazy and dumb during that halloween where you would have gotten the book… I couldn’t be bothered and school was going pretty much downhill so I didn’t have much time to “investigate” the rewards :s But oh well, hopefully we can get it again..

Ring of Fire & Rangers 4 lyf!
First come, first served~

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Depends on bugs. Those that benefit the players are indeed identified and fixed quickly. Others? May be fixed “soon™”, delayed or ignored, depending on the weather.

Hell, isn’t the Howler still busted?

I heard kraitkin is now also.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I’m bumping this in the hopes of an official answer from Gaile. I’ve got several Guildies that want to finish this.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

I think I could see myself subtly nudging some metal circles and rectangular paper towards ArenaNet’s direction on the same day as a Mad Memoires reintroduction, if you know what I mean.

Handcuffs and restraining orders?

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Mad Memories is back!

Korossive.7085

I think I could see myself subtly nudging some metal circles and rectangular paper towards ArenaNet’s direction on the same day as a Mad Memoires reintroduction, if you know what I mean.

Handcuffs and restraining orders?

Heh, one can wish.

I’d replace some (many) in that company to get things going in any direction, let alone a good one. Better than the last two years of sure decay. On matter; Hi Gaile, feel free to write “this item will never realistically return again”, or any answer, instead of thread dismissal and ignoring.

Mad Memories is back!

ElusiveReaches.6097

Expecting a positive response yet, do not want disappointments.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Arc.8217

Arc.8217

PLZ. I want the backs! They were’nt unlock with the unlock update: (

Mad Memories is back!

TokyoGhost.6492

Still waiting for response. i really do need answer.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Picked up the first 3 messages on the same character that couldn’t interact with the ghosts previously. It’s my oldest character, and coincidentally she’s wearing the full edition of Memoires. I’ve finished boxing the Prince up – I think that might be the determining factor in getting the ghosts to cooperate.

I’ve checked the Priory archives and all around LA trying to find someone that might bind these things into the first book. No dice so far. I haven’t taken her back in to see Tassi; I figure someone would have already done that.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I don’t think boxing the Prince has anything to do with it. I finished that part, then went to help my Guildie get the Mad Memoires. He was able to get the first three, but Ewan and the other ghosts were not appearing for either of us.

Mad Memories is back!

TokyoGhost.6492

R.I.P. common sense and anet reply team. Seems they don’t wanna tell us anything.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Tontza.2374

Tontza.2374

^ Indeed, R.I.P. hopes of this item never ever coming back again ;_;

Ring of Fire & Rangers 4 lyf!
First come, first served~

Mad Memories is back!

ElusiveReaches.6097

I RIP too, ty aneto. Archeage is my new game.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Amber.8193

Amber.8193

Guess we won’t get any answer, this is annoying -.-

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I just wish Gaile would show up and say “I’ve talked to the team responsible for that content and unfortunately this item won’t be attainable anymore. Sorry folks.”, short and simple.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Delpidanio.8257

Delpidanio.8257

i report 2-3 time the wardrobe bug, i’ve the mad memeries complete edition, than i must have the first one as a part of the creation

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

i report 2-3 time the wardrobe bug, i’ve the mad memeries complete edition, than i must have the first one as a part of the creation

Sigh… I agree. I know people can’t complain for a lot of items they’ve broken because the servers probably don’t hold history on those, but for festivals it’s acceptable. IMO

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Grmpf, I tried several locations which were not indicated in the guides and I would continue to do so but without knowledge if the first three pages are a bug or not it seems completely pointless.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I got 2 pages then stopped. I figure it’s a bug anyway.

But I’m holding on to those 2 pages in case ANet realizes that so many people want this and decides to change it.

Mad Memories is back!

Pixelpumpkin.4608

:(

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Marco.8209

Marco.8209

I have the “Mad Memoires: Complete Edition”, but i miss the regual “Mad Memoires”.
Same story for me, i’d like to have them both!

Attachments:

Irelia The Frozen || Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks [AOD] ~ [DKB]
http://www.twitch.tv/marcovd226

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Just mad, that they didn’t readded this simple thign for now the freaking 3rd time in a row!!

So very disappointing, especially for all of those, that simply had due to all the stupid account hacks in the first year no chance to get the back item in time, because alot of people (me included) simply weren’t powerful enough at the time we got our accounts back to work in the back item, because the scavenger quest required of you to be at least like over lvl 50 to be able to complete it!!!

Im happy that ANet repeated finally the Pumpkin Carver Achievement/Tittle this year, but I’d totally happy, if I’d get finally treated like a customer who would receive the same chance to work on some little game content, like this nice back item, like all those other customers, that could make use of their chance 2012, due to them being not forcefully affected to be not able to play the game due to Anets lackluster security system in the past that needed like over half of a year to become so secure, that they could handle all the account hacks and stop them more or less and reduce them to the point, that the Forums not like a stick of dynamite short before of its explosion, whereas before of that daily hundreds over hundreds of accounts got hacked in waves despite using very safe passwords ect.
———-

MAD MEMOIRES OR RIOT ANET (you’ve been warned :P)

I’ve enough of waiting, I waited now for the 3rd halloween of GW2 and I don’t want to wait for another 4th Halloween just to be in most cases probably gettign disappointed again then with just another more or less boring copy & paste Halloween like this time again happens. (When you should do that, then do it at least right and copy and paste EVERYTHING – including Mad Memoires and including Reapers Rumble!)

2 days and a few hours left.
So if you want to calm this riot down, you better make a quick announcement for a kind of special Mad King Says-Event for say tomorrow that when you participate on it, you will get then out of the Mad King Chest a Mad Memoires Complete Edition, that if you unlock that, will unlock also the previous version for your account! like GW1 style Week End Event.

Shouldn’t be really wished too much I think, nor too much of an effort to make such a tiny hotfix for a timed dynamic event GW1 style to give out that little reward for taking part on that event for the final last Mad King Says this year.

Would at least fit well if you would get rewarded with his Memoires at the last Mad King Says, if you don#t want to bring back the Scavenger Hunt (whyever)

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Just mad, that they didn’t readded this simple thign for now the freaking 3rd time in a row!!

I am very happy that they leave something exclusive.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

For me it’s not the point about exclusive. They could give it another color or something, to keep the initial edition exclusive. For me it’s that I can’t even get the story behind.

Mad Memories is back!

Orpheal.8263

I’m short about to say I wish you an Account Hack too, maybe you see then things a bit different … >.> oh wait.. I did say it now :p

This entitlement to exlusive items seriously annoys me… there has to be no exclusive items, there has to be just only items, that have to be earned by the player.
Once a player has fulfilled everything that is required to earn something in the game, its somewhat of s*** peep regardless, when you fulfilled that requirement for earning what you want , be it 2012, 2013, 2014 or in the year 3000!! It plays no role!!

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Mad Memories is back!

Malediktus.9250

I’m short about to say I wish you an Account Hack too, maybe you see then things a bit different … >.> oh wait.. I did say it now :p

This entitlement to exlusive items seriously annoys me… there has to be no exclusive items, there has to be just only items, that have to be earned by the player.
Once a player has fulfilled everything that is required to earn something in the game, its somewhat of s*** peep regardless, when you fulfilled that requirement for earning what you want , be it 2012, 2013, 2014 or in the year 3000!! It plays no role!!

Its not going to get hacked, I dont even know my own password. So even if you would hold a pistol against my head I couldnt tell you. Not saying its completly impossible to hack it, but noone will spend the effort for a GW2 account.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Mad Memories is back!

Orpheal.8263

Changes nothing on the fact, that you surely would also change your mind about such things, if you wouldn’t be able to get something in the game, that is very valuable to you, only because of a person forcefully prevented you from being able to play the game so that you never could get at all the chance to earn you want you want in the game.

I’d be sure, you’d be also very pretty p***** peep about it, if now with the next patch Anet released some new content when the Living Story continues, content, that is just only temporarely accessible while the next patch is up and then your PC would get irreparable get a crash, like for example a lightning makes short process with your PC and you have to buy first a new PC to be able to play again, install everything new ect. (must not be always an hack, as you see, there are also other ways to stop you from playing for a longer time which you can’t influence) and right when you come back, you learn, that there was something exclusive in the meantime, where you weren’t able to play the game, because of an outside force that you couldn’t influence stopped you completely without having a chance from being able to play the game at all.

If such a kind of situation would confront you with the situation, that all your efforts to get so high into the leaderboards would be wasted time, that your goals that you have set up yourself can’t be reached anymore, because you simply aren’t able to obtain what you wanted to earn, if you would have been just able to play the game, but couldn’t..

Then I’m sure, if you just have somewhere a heart in your body, that isn’t just ice cold, you would be able to understand how I feel, when you would be just in the same situation. And that situation is not just something, that a handful of individuals had to go through.
Its a saddening situation, through which thousands over thousands of people had to go through just like me.
Isn’t it then juts quite understandable, that there is then the wish for getting at least the chance to to be able to earn something in the game, that chance, which has been forcefully taken away from you???

ANet made this year finally the Pumpkin Carver Achievement/Title regainable, so this just shows me, that ANet must have an understanding for the bad situation, about which they also play a not so small part about, why that situation even exists at all.
So its just a nice sign of good will to give players which lost their chances to earn something in the game by themself that chance back to get what they want.

If I get my chance and then fail at gaining what I want to earn and my time runs out for that chance. Then so be it, then I can at least say, – hey , I got at least my fair own chance to try to earn what I wanted.

So if Anet should return the Scavenger Hunt and I do exactly this year, what alot of other people did successfuly 2 years in the past, it plays then absolutely no role, if I did it now 2 years later, because I had to fulfill the exact same requirements to earn what I want, like all other players too.

I could understand your point, when ANet would just hand out the Mad Memoires this year just to calm down the complains, without that players would have to do anything for them.
Then I could understand you, because such an act would truly devalue the item, if people would get something for free with no effort at all, while one self was required to do a heck of tasks to get that item.
But as long as everyone has to do the same tasks to earn something, it plays no role, in which year you do it.

There is no difference between me, who carved 150 pumpkins 2014 and someone, who already carved 150 pumpkins 2012. Long story short! TL DR
The same counts for someone, who would earn Mad Memoires later when doing the same requirements successfully.

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Mad Memories is back!

Malediktus.9250

I only read entitlement in your post. “I want, I want, I want”.

Have fun with your 1-10 people riot.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Mad Memories is back!

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I only read entitlement in your post. “I want, I want, I want”.

I’ve done everything else in GW2. All I want is something to do. Certainly not asked too much of a computer game whose entier point, by definition, is to give you something to do.

This could have been something.

It turned out not to be something.

I’ll live.

I still think it’s a wasted opportunity.

Mad Memories is back!

Orpheal.8263

Read what you want, as someone, who hasn’t been in the same situation, simply can’t and will never be able to understand, regardless how hard you might try, but I even doubt hard, that you even care, because just cause of that fact, that you aren’t in the same situation, its naturally easier for someone like you to be just careless, because its just not your problem …

And due to this point, that you don’t share the same situation with me, I simply can’t take your opinino any serious, because when we talk about real entitlement, then all I see here is only your selfish entitlement to be at all costs a special snowflake, that doesn’t want to share anything with others.

You know, I paid the same amount of money like you did for this game, so I and all others who sit in the same boat like me deserve to be able to earn basically exactly 1:1 the same content, like you.
Who are you also to decide over it, what for a content other players that paid the same money like you for the game, may receive and which not, only because you want to be special???
Don’t make me laugh! So much about entitlement…
Stop throwing with stones, when you are sitting clearly self in a glass house Malediktus.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I want, I want, I want but what I’d really like to know is if it was supposed to look active, and be semi-active for some people, and be all systems go or if it was unintentionally added into this years Halloween.

Not going to riot about it, though.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Mad Memories is back!

Astralporing.1957

I’d say that the most dissappointing part of it was the dev response (or rather, the complete lack of it). Confirming the availability of the book (either way) would have costed them nothing. They could have just said that “no, it isn’t supposed to be available” and the people would have moved on. Instead, Anet, as always, embraced their old PR policy of Doing Nothing.

It is small things like that, not the big CDI threads, that show us the best how bad Anet’s communication is.

Actions, not words.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Robert.4197

Robert.4197

My thoughts on how this was handled can be found in this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/SUGGESTION-Improving-Communications Since Gaile has pretty much lost interest and no confirmation by any dev as to what is going on has been posted, I urge anyone experiencing this bug to submit a ticket. If the canned response is to post on the forums, than link this thread in the support ticket. I know nothing will be fixed and that a response might not even happen until after the event is over but at this point I think it’s the only way to get an answer.

Mad Memories is back!

Korossive.7085

My thoughts on how this was handled can be found in this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/SUGGESTION-Improving-Communications

Check out mine.

0 reply since.

Mad Memories is back!

Robert.4197

@Korrosive I saw it, if you think it will be deleted, I didn’t see a need to reply to it.

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Has anyone in this thread held onto their Candy-powered Matter Meter?

If I recall you needed that item to scan for the ghosts in the other areas.

Has anyone tried using it, or are you guys just going to the locations empty handed expecting the ghosts to appear?

Mad Memories is back!

Posted by: Jaher Dal.9503

Jaher Dal.9503

It would be nice to have seen it return for players who weren’t around for the first Halloween, and now that we know about his son, perhaps adding another addition to the Mad Memories books for next year?!

Mad Memories is back!

Robert.4197

Has anyone in this thread held onto their Candy-powered Matter Meter?

If I recall you needed that item to scan for the ghosts in the other areas.

Has anyone tried using it, or are you guys just going to the locations empty handed expecting the ghosts to appear?

Serene, the ghost in LA, won’t talk to most of my characters. The ones that she does talk to get as far as the cemetery in Queensdale where no matter what they do the ghost doesn’t show up. In some shards there’s a Priest of Grenth, in others absolutely nothing. I’ve still got the Candy Powered Matter Meter from last year and that doesn’t work either.