Magic Find [merged]

Magic Find [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

The entire thing sounds like puke. Salvaging fine/masterwork to keep account MF artificially high with consumables?

That is one of the worst and most awful thing I ever heard so far out of all patches. I already spent 24 commendations and 80 laurels to get a full MF set, along with freshly crafted celestial gear, and this took months of effort to get where I am now. I have been trying every day with this gear and probably 1000 + mobs with a near 200-250% mf with 0 exotic drops so far. This account MF is making me bang my head, because Anet’s going to probably let users either hit a very low MF threshold, or users have to salvage a TON of stuff to keep it at 200-250 % mf, which could have gone into vendoring to get money, however poor the money is.

So either way, I can’t get exotic drops, or I have to spend another ton of effort into getting high MF with no exotics in sight. I am sick.

PS: I read the post as consumables = non-permanent, just like eating a food that gives 30% mf for 30 minutes.

Exactly. It’s a gimmick stat that shouldn’t have been in the game in the first place. At least now when you farm and get 0 exotics every 1000+ mobs, you won’t need to be upset that you have an entire armor set dedicated to crappy magic find.

And no, your PS is wrong. The consumables will increase your magic find. Think of it as an experience bar or something. You eventually “level up” the magic find over time.

Magic Find [merged]

TehPwnerer.7215

I’m someone who has invested so much to get full magic find gear and with buffs/food/gear i have 300% magic find. I choose magic find because I only do wvw and magic find build really makes sense. I find it HARD TO BELIEVE that any system they come out with will satisfy me when I’m accustom to a certain amount of magic find. Lets face it, the magic find will be no where near the magic find cap someone can get which was 327% before achievement buffs. It’s just another example how the vocal minority gets what they want and the quiet majority will have to adapt to this.

Like I said. You’re getting free magic find by not needing to sacrifice actual stats on gear. People will complain about anything. This change is a ways off. You’ll have plenty of time to enjoy your magic find set before it’s gone forever. But when it’s gone, I’m sure you’ll adapt.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

People seem confused about the MF changes… lets set some facts straight.

1. MF is not being nerfed or removed. The blog clearly states that MF is going to become an account stat and no longer a gear stat. It is never stated, mentioned, or implied that MF is being removed or nerfed.

2. MF gear is not becoming worthless and a waste of money/laurels/comms/etc. Again as is clearly stated in the blog, all current gear will be converted to compensation to give you an equivalent amount of account MF. They are already planning on refunding you in this way. The exact method and amount is not known and likely won’t be known until implementation.

3. Consumables are not temporary. These are not food buff consumables, they are like SP’s or an xp bar. You will need to consume a certain number of them to obtain the next “rank” of MF, and each subsequent one will require more of these consumables to reach a higher rank. Again refer to the blog, there is no mention anywhere of a temporary buff, all permanent.

4. MF food and boosters are remaining in game, these will not become useless.

Please keep to these known facts when making posts. Childish whining about things that have already been addressed just makes you look silly.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

The entire thing sounds like puke. Salvaging fine/masterwork to keep account MF artificially high with consumables?

That is one of the worst and most awful thing I ever heard so far out of all patches. I already spent 24 commendations and 80 laurels to get a full MF set, along with freshly crafted celestial gear, and this took months of effort to get where I am now. I have been trying every day with this gear and probably 1000 + mobs with a near 200-250% mf with 0 exotic drops so far. This account MF is making me bang my head, because Anet’s going to probably let users either hit a very low MF threshold, or users have to salvage a TON of stuff to keep it at 200-250 % mf, which could have gone into vendoring to get money, however poor the money is.

So either way, I can’t get exotic drops, or I have to spend another ton of effort into getting high MF with no exotics in sight. I am sick.

PS: I read the post as consumables = non-permanent, just like eating a food that gives 30% mf for 30 minutes.

Exactly. It’s a gimmick stat that shouldn’t have been in the game in the first place. At least now when you farm and get 0 exotics every 1000+ mobs, you won’t need to be upset that you have an entire armor set dedicated to crappy magic find.

And no, your PS is wrong. The consumables will increase your magic find. Think of it as an experience bar or something. You eventually “level up” the magic find over time.

Are you anet’s dev? Have you already seen the system that it shows EXP gain through consuming salvages’ stuff? The rich dragon coffers are a prime example of anet does, explaining nothing in detail, until you find out jade ticket drops are 1% (from users’ statistics), should this mean that your MF gain, if they use this particular system be as RNG as everything in the game?

Gimmick or not, unless Anet’s planning to refund all the guild commendations/laurels, the new incoming system is stepping on a lot of toes.

(edited by LoneWolfie.1852)

Magic Find [merged]

LoneWolfie.1852

1. MF is not being nerfed or removed. The blog clearly states that MF is going to become an account stat and no longer a gear stat. It is never stated, mentioned, or implied that MF is being removed or nerfed.

2. MF gear is not becoming worthless and a waste of money/laurels/comms/etc. Again as is clearly stated in the blog, all current gear will be converted to compensation to give you an equivalent amount of account MF. They are already planning on refunding you in this way. The exact method and amount is not known and likely won’t be known until implementation.

3. Consumables are not temporary. These are not food buff consumables, they are like SP’s or an xp bar. You will need to consume a certain number of them to obtain the next “rank” of MF, and each subsequent one will require more of these consumables to reach a higher rank. Again refer to the blog, there is no mention anywhere of a temporary buff, all permanent.

Please keep to these known facts when making posts. Childish whining about things that have already been addressed just makes you look silly.

Unless anet states that it’s permanent MF increase, assume otherwise. Anet doesn’t have public trust, I’m sorry to say that. I still remember how they claim they are not against farmers while nerfing everything in CS.

Magic Find [merged]

TehPwnerer.7215

Are you anet’s dev? Have you already seen the system that it shows EXP gain through consuming salvages’ stuff? The rich dragon coffers are a prime example of anet does, explaining nothing in detail, until you find out jade ticket drops are 1% (from users’ statistics), should this mean that your MF gain, if they use this particular system be as RNG as everything in the game?

Gimmick or not, unless Anet’s planning to refund all the guild commendations/laurels, the new incoming system is stepping on a lot of toes.

I am a developer – but not for ArenaNet. ArenaNet did say that before this system is place they will figure out a way to compensate the players who invested in magic find gear. Though no matter what they do you can imagine people will complain about it.

Magic Find [merged]

TehPwnerer.7215

Unless anet states that it’s permanent MF increase, assume otherwise. Anet doesn’t have public trust, I’m sorry to say that. I still remember how they claim they are not against farmers while nerfing everything in CS.

You didn’t even read the blog did you?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

I’m someone who has invested so much to get full magic find gear and with buffs/food/gear i have 300% magic find. I choose magic find because I only do wvw and magic find build really makes sense. I find it HARD TO BELIEVE that any system they come out with will satisfy me when I’m accustom to a certain amount of magic find. Lets face it, the magic find will be no where near the magic find cap someone can get which was 327% before achievement buffs. It’s just another example how the vocal minority gets what they want and the quiet majority will have to adapt to this.

Like I said. You’re getting free magic find by not needing to sacrifice actual stats on gear. People will complain about anything. This change is a ways off. You’ll have plenty of time to enjoy your magic find set before it’s gone forever. But when it’s gone, I’m sure you’ll adapt.

sure it might be free but they never said anything about it being significant

Magic Find [merged]

TehPwnerer.7215

sure it might be free but they never said anything about it being significant

Magic find was never significant… 100% magic find is an increase from 0.0001% to 0.0002% (made up numbers) at the chance of finding a precursor from a drop. Magic find is useless and I’m surprised they’re not just straight up removing it. Be glad they’re allowing it to remain as a permanent account bonus instead of just cutting it entirely.

inb4 I get flamed for my opinion.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i see people wet before the rains start…

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Magic Find [merged]

LoneWolfie.1852

Unless Anet completely writes down the details of the compensation system and the MF system, don’t trust the blog. Nothing has been set in stone, and that is it. Why the heck do you want to even post you’re a developer, mkalafut? Are you trying to insinuate something? That because you’re one, so your word is more reliable?

Magic Find [merged]

Amadan.9451

instead taking for granted that arenanet is lying to all of us because they don’t want us happy is a reliable point of view isn’t it?

ah i don’t know how long you’ve been in the forum, but people asked for removal of magic find from gear since the very beginning, every single post with magic find in it was endless pages long with people pro and cons to magic find, and all of them were agreeing that using magic find as a separate stat instead of on gear was a better idea.

now here we are, and before we know how this will change we are already crying, despairing, accusing of conspirations and lies, begging for loos of money etc etc. it is ridiculous but apparently nobody notice!

Join the Rainbow Pride

Magic Find [merged]

emendez.3705

i am rocking 300% but i don’t think i would really get a precursor from it although i have gotten a precursor with it. I only do wvw where having the best stats don’t matter and a magic find build being a viable option. Anet says they want people to have different builds they want but they continue to nerf builds so the point they are no longer a viable option or even outright removing it. whether you dont thnk its worth it or you dont like the idea of it or even think its flawed isnt the issue. Its the fact that a build i choose i invested in is being removed.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

“all of them were agreeing that using magic find as a separate stat instead of on gear was a better idea.”

^ Not all of them.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Magic Find [merged]

emendez.3705

instead taking for granted that arenanet is lying to all of us because they don’t want us happy is a reliable point of view isn’t it?

ah i don’t know how long you’ve been in the forum, but people asked for removal of magic find from gear since the very beginning, every single post with magic find in it was endless pages long with people pro and cons to magic find, and all of them were agreeing that using magic find as a separate stat instead of on gear was a better idea.

now here we are, and before we know how this will change we are already crying, despairing, accusing of conspirations and lies, begging for loos of money etc etc. it is ridiculous but apparently nobody notice!

in all honesty i think the idea of magic find being a separate stat that is account bound is a good idea but lets face it.
It will be no where near the magic find cap we currently have which is 327%.(before achievement bonuses)
to get the next cap of magic find with new system will take months(probably years knowing anet) to achieve.
And for me that’s the biggest problem for me, the amount of time investment I will have to make for a magic find % cap that will be no where near what it is currently.

Magic Find [merged]

Amadan.9451

i use magic find, i’m happy i can have it as a separate stat from gear, it is really good for me because i’m tired of switching gear every two minutes according the content i’m playing.
magic find is not a build, there is no trait or skill associated with… so it has nothing to do with play style or build diversity. i’m not saying it’s bad or you shouldn’t use it, that’s up to you or your party, but don’t tell me arenanet is nerfing builds by removing magic find from your armor…

Join the Rainbow Pride

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I always said MF gear was a waste of stats. Nice to see anet finally agreeing with me. Sorry guys.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

Where was all of this stated? Because none of these details were in the article that I read.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

Not only money for armors, weapons, runes BUT 60 L FOR AMULET AND MF INFUSION !
i even get 1 earing with GC

will we get this back ?

you do what you like and don’t care for everyone that spend time and money getting this gear
“oh we will just delete” SO SIMPLE FOR YOU REALLY !

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

MF is not gone. Nothing has been implemented yet. What they will be doing is removing it as a stat from gear and instead making it an account bound trait. When they do this they will compensate the people who have been using MF gear. How they’ll be doing that compensation isn’t yet known.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Hey, on the bright side, you won’t be needing to use dedicated MF gear anymore!

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Magic Find [merged]

Svetli.4276

i hope they will
when you make such change you need to do that

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Oh, I’m sure they will.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Magic Find [merged]

Svetli.4276

i don’t want more box oOo fun O_O
i want my money, laurels and guild commendations !

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

I want my lvl 80 (fine) transmuting stones, all the gold and laurels back! Thank you. But happy Anet finally removed the gear mf. It’s the right path.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

i don’t want more box oOo fun O_O
i want my money, laurels and guild commendations !

Do you want a cookie too? I can give you a cookie.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: mzt.3270

mzt.3270

The only valid use of MF is if you are being a leech, letting other people kill the enemies for you, and simply tagging them. These leeches are bad for the group in some events where a champion or some such might scale up to account for more players being in the fight, even though some of them aren’t contributing to chipping away that scaled up HP pool.

So why don’t we ban engineers/healing support guardians/etc. from events too? Like MF users, they’re not contributing as much damage as the noble zerked 1-spammers.

Wait a second, are you seriously suggesting these classes are a liability, sorry but dungeons and events are for everyone. It is this sort of attitude from zerker farmers that get my screaming goat, I bet you farm COF everyday too huh? Cliches really are meh! Dungeons should be for everyone and this attitude only doubles my points in other forum entries where I feel dungeon tokens etc should be available from other means – be it laurel exchange or something. Many people hate dungeon pugging because of this attitude. There is no need for “noble zerked 1-spammers” for these reasons
1 – because engineers/healing support guardian classes need to be upgraded to be fully damage viable like other classes so they can be as additional pure damage like the rest
2- that dungeons considering you can only add a party of 5 (compared to the damage a boss can dish out) is unbalanced.
3 – because 9 out of 10 times it is us healing your noob zerker butts from numerous arrow carts where you guys are the WVW liability. Sucks to be on the other end of the scale huh?

I just want rewards that correspond to bosses and high level damage foes and at a higher percentage. Perhaps this way magic find would be actually credible and not a weak bolster to an already mediocre loot spawn percentage

Happiness is finding an Omnomberry in your Grumble Cake

(edited by mzt.3270)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

I am just thinking about coming back to the game and to be honest, I do feel for people who invested a lot into items and hope the items will get the options of being traded in or something, but I must say that this is a really positive change from my point of view.

Not sure why it took so long for them to do this as it’s been an issue pretty much from the beginning but I think this is a good thing.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

My MF gear probably paid for itself many times over.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Yes, finally it will go poof

(evil laugh)

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I’m actually glad to hear this, now that I took a break from the game.

Understandable that people who set out to get exotic magic find gear set-ups are upset about these changes, but this is for the better.

If I were trying to appeal to those players who farmed for their magic find gear, upon update, remove all non-account bound magic find gear and either keep it there so you can get account magic find + gear that existed before the change, or simply alter it allow players to use the current magic find gear in recipes or something for quickly raising magic find…like if breaking that armor down gave components to use for increasing accMF.

Anyway, I’m actually eager to see the new changes to crafting! I’ve got so much materials I just have waiting around, I’d like a chance to use them. But I can foretell crafting ascended stuff will be a pain and I likely won’t bother :P

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Patch notes:
- all magic find gear is removed from the game. Compensation has been given in the form of additional loot in the past months at the cost of other players. No replacements nor refunds will be given. Arena.net will continue to foster non-selfish behaviour in Guild Wars 2.

/joke note

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Sacrifices have to be made sometimes. Mf gear was a cancer in this game. Killing it is the best thing ANet could do.

That said, given their history, ANet will probably compensate players in some fashion. Gear “trade in” spots, new, relevant, stats or someting.

But even if they don’t and they simply delete all mf gear in the game I’ll gladly see it go for the sake of the game. If the loss of that gear buries the useless leeches with it, I’ll watch it go with a grin on my face.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Where was all of this stated? Because none of these details were in the article that I read.

I would suggest reading it again then and pay closer attention to the section on magic find, additionally make sure to read the 2 interviews by colin that provide additional details. They can be found here:

note source:
http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07/18/guild-wars-2s-colin-johanson-outlines-big-plans-and-course-cor/
Another source:
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/7597/Guild-Wars-2-ArenaNets-Master-Plan-for-2013.html

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I was kinda curious about what would happen to people who had heavily invested in magic find gear. I agree that magic find on a group member where everyone else is wearing power/precision/crit dmg or similiar does seem strange that they are the person with the least useful gear in terms of damage done, or healing generated to the group gets the best chance of achieving the better drops.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

You get some kittenty below 50% mf boost only though.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Free magic find is worthless and useless.

I made a whole thread explaining why, but not one single post was on topic, and it got merged with this garbage thread.

Magic Find [merged]

Svetli.4276

so ppl who get mf gear are just f right ?
i remember i resisted mf so much and when i finally cave it ANET REMOVE MF O_O

i spend 60 laurels ONLY ON AMULET ! MAYBE ANET HAD TO THINK ABOUT THIS BEFORE PUTTING MF IN THE GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE ! (ye i know caps, so anet can see my post)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Just wait until the already hard to farm T6 materials start to skyrocket in price on the TP because farmers can’t farm them enough.

Oh, that’s right. The new champ chests will make up for it. Right.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Berserker gear is the real cancer to the game and removing it will be the single greatest thing ArenaNet will ever do.

How is berserker gear bad for this game? Over half the bosses in this game you can sit back and auto attack while dodging every now and then.

Exactly.

And thus, bringing anything but zerker gear to these dungeons is less than optimal and you are being a ‘leech’ to your party.

Zerker gear in no way, shape, or form encourages any type of build diversity.

There is a reason you see so many posts looking for ‘zerker warrior’. It is because it IS the most efficient in most fights. And while this remains true it will remain true that bringing any other class or build to the team is not optimal and thus you are a ‘leech’ to your team. Is this really what they want to encourage?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Not only money for armors, weapons, runes BUT 60 L FOR AMULET AND MF INFUSION !
i even get 1 earing with GC

will we get this back ?

you do what you like and don’t care for everyone that spend time and money getting this gear
“oh we will just delete” SO SIMPLE FOR YOU REALLY !

What’s the point of creating a thread about a blogpost you haven’t read?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Berserker gear is the real cancer to the game and removing it will be the single greatest thing ArenaNet will ever do.

How is berserker gear bad for this game? Over half the bosses in this game you can sit back and auto attack while dodging every now and then.

Exactly.

And thus, bringing anything but zerker gear to these dungeons is less than optimal and you are being a ‘leech’ to your party.

Zerker gear in no way, shape, or form encourages any type of build diversity.

There is a reason you see so many posts looking for ‘zerker warrior’. It is because it IS the most efficient in most fights. And while this remains true it will remain true that bringing any other class or build to the team is not optimal and thus you are a ‘leech’ to your team. Is this really what they want to encourage?

It isn’t the fault of zerg gear though, but badly designed bosses. Adding an armor check isn’t a solution either though.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

They could have always increased the level cap, slapped on a “this doesn’t work past level 80” and removed magic find that way. Then you’d have to get an entire new set of gear.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Not yet,but will be soonISH

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: TaMere.5694

TaMere.5694

I hope that ANET will give more information about removing the MF stat on gear, only saying that it will be from achievement reward that is silly. The farming is already hard with MF I don’t see my self farming T6 mat with only 4% mf + all the gold, laurel, guild commendation spent on the MF gear + I have spent 800gem for the primal armor skin on my MF gear what will happen to it? I see it as if they don’t want to see farmer in the game. They should restrict MF gear on dongeon and WvW and leave it enable in PVE open world so we can work on the legendary or gold mining and having fun getting cool drop.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I see a very easy solution for what to do with MF gear and it’s already mentioned in the blog post.

If salvaging fine and masterwork has a chance of giving you consumables to increase your account MF then salvaging MF gear could have a 100% chance of giving X amount of those consumables. The blog said the amount of consumables required to increase MF increases with the MF so it’ll probably be a logarithmic scale or something similar. Possibly something like 1 consumable per % for 1-100%, 2 consumable per % for 101-200%, … hmm actually that is probably too high maybe 0.1% per consumable. That is all assuming the MF bonus is permanent.

The main problem with that approach is that you still have runes and sigils and ascended things are normally not salvageable(although that should be easy to fix). Another issue is that some items are effectively unsalvageable. For example if you applied the jade weapon skin to your MF weapons.

I hope that ANET will give more information about removing the MF stat on gear, only saying that it will be from achievement reward that is silly.

The blog already mentioned an additional way to get MF. The question is whether that MF is permanent or not.

Also.

In the near future, we’ll detail the system we’ll use to replace the existing magic find items.

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I see a very easy solution for what to do with MF gear and it’s already mentioned in the blog post.

If salvaging fine and masterwork has a chance of giving you consumables to increase your account MF then salvaging MF gear could have a 100% chance of giving X amount of those consumables. The blog said the amount of consumables required to increase MF increases with the MF so it’ll probably be a logarithmic scale or something similar. Possibly something like 1 consumable per % for 1-100%, 2 consumable per % for 101-200%, … hmm actually that is probably too high maybe 0.1% per consumable.

The main problem with that approach is that you still have runes and sigils and ascended things are normally not salvageable(although that should be easy to fix).

Not only that, some people used transmutation crystals to customize the looks of their MF gear, as well as using one time available, or limited skins on their MF gear.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I am actually still thinking about crafting a MF set for my engineer.
Impatience is a terrible disease.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Zaeon.3846

Zaeon.3846

If they refund my magical infusion and change existing magic find % stats on armors/trinkets into increase gold from monsters % I think I would be contented.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I certainly understand the concern of those who have invested significant resources in MF. That said, the actual decision to remove it from gear is absolutely the right decision and shows an ability to recognize a problem, and a willingness to implement an actual solution that will work. I’ve seen other game companies flail about for months implementing non-solutions. Grats to Anet on this one.