Main City Minigames

Main City Minigames

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

Moa Racing is coming, June 11!
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/june-11-2013/

Also Dragon Ball, which sounds (more or less) like another variant on Crab Toss / Keg Brawl. We’ll see

I think Dragon Ball more like third person shooter

Main City Minigames

Posted by: Guns and Giblets.9308

Guns and Giblets.9308

http://youtu.be/jimIpVDiTrk

the pre launch optimism is so funny now

“Remember, those are only 2 of the 30 activities that are going to be in the game, and they sound amazing! I can already see myself spending days just playing activities throughout all the cities!”

Priceless.

It is funny. And also sad. I think Anet missed a significant opportunity here. These kinds of events are perfect for longevity. Before all of them quit (yes, all), my guildies could have benefitted from these types of games as mechanisms for social cohesion. Players love to mess around with these games during down times or for something casual for easy laughs (and thus good memories).

“A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.” -Jewish Proverb

Main City Minigames

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

“Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain… Like wind in the meadow. The days have come down in the west, behind the hills… Into shadow.”

Reaper’s Rumble & Lunatic Inquisition are the only fun PvP areas that I’ve been in.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Activity

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

(edited by Nightarch.2943)

Main City Minigames

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

Before Guild Wars 2 was launched, I was under the impression that each main city was going to have a mini game.

So the Norn have keg brawl… and that is in the game now.

What should the other races get?

Asura were supposed to have Polymock (or minipet arena) of this I am certain.

Charr could customize and race vehicles? or maybe battle things gladiator style in their arena/auditorium?

Sylvari? I’d say Seed Turret Tower defense (maybe parody plants versus zombies).

Humans? I draw a blank.
Survival vs endless waves of centaurs?
I think the humans have seen enough of the centaurs…. but I can’t think of anything better at the moment.

What do you guys think would be great minigames for the remaining three races’ main cities?

I would love any of those, cities are so zzzzzzzzz~

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

Main City Minigames

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Moa Racing is coming, June 11!
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/june-11-2013/

Also Dragon Ball, which sounds (more or less) like another variant on Crab Toss / Keg Brawl. We’ll see

Moa Racing should be a permanent mini game. Anet did promise a moa racing game for launch but failed to deliver. Also new a the new “Helmed Moa Racer Mini” kind of hints the the game will be permanent.

Dragon Ball will be temporary. Notes don’t don’t really give any ideas on how it’s played. But all the other festival game were unique and fun.

Main City Minigames

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

It says in the announcement that Moa Racing will stay, so this IS the original Moa Racing that was planned from the beginning.

I actually don’t mind them introducing content such as mini games, jumping puzzles, mini dungeons, etc. at a slow rate and space things out a bit.

As for Crab Toss and Dragon Ball: as much as I personally didn’t like Crab Toss, I wish it would stay. It is easy to ignore for players who don’t want to play, and enriches the game for players who do. I see nothing to be gained by removing it. And the same for Dragon Ball (most likely).

Main City Minigames

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Moa racing, we cant do any racing ourselves in this mini game right? I think I read it was just for betting on who would win, or did I misread?

Main City Minigames

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Moa racing, we cant do any racing ourselves in this mini game right? I think I read it was just for betting on who would win, or did I misread?

Info about Moa Racing:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/lwd/50-Silver-for-Moa-Racing

Main City Minigames

Posted by: princessalysa.9354

princessalysa.9354

It would be nice to have city mingames!

Server – Blackgate
Main Character – Princess Vitale, lvl 80

Main City Minigames

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I hope, that ANet delivers finally more of all of this missing content next year

This includes especially:

- Bar Brawls
- Polymok
- Target Shootout/Archery

These 3 should have been already in the game from begin on, so were they announced to be so, but much likely have been scrapped due to NCSoft pressing on Anet to release the game quicker so that it could have been release in 2012, what was then the case…

Wouldn’t have been NCSoft so greedy to make out of GW2 as quickly as much money as possible out of the game, I’m 100% sure, we would have seen a GW2 release just 2013/14 around andalot of stuff we got over the course of this year and alot of the missing content would had been then from begin on in the game as basic features and wouldn’t be stuff now, that has to be implemented later via patches …

This rushed game release was for me one of the biggest disappointments about GW2, once I had realized, what the game is missing all from what should have been in the game from begin on in regard of the announcements, mainly in regard of activities, which is the reason also too, why all other towns are except Lioons Arch such extreme ghosts towns, because you’ve simply nothing to do in the other towns and since anet has put that idiotic NPC into LA, that lets you play from LA all activities, what makes absolutely no sense and has been put only into the game, so that the lazy players shut up justs only their mouths and stay quiet..seriously…

Anet has finally to put more live into all the other towns and stop to overuse permanently LA for everything.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Main City Minigames

Posted by: technonewt.2907

technonewt.2907

There is a polymok arena off the NE side of Rata Sum, so I’d imagine they’ll get to that eventually. I occasionally will go do divinity reach and look at the target shootout place to see if they snuck it in during a patch or something. I was a little disappointed in the moa racing. I think it would of been more fun for 5 people to be turned into moas and compete on a track, sorta like sanctum sprint AND allow people to bet money on the winner