Major Griefing During Guild Puzzle

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Proximemic’s Lab jumping puzzle is being griefed. It’s happened to multiple guilds. Anyone can prevent a guild from finishing that puzzle, even if they’re not in the guilds that started the puzzle.

I won’t go into detail about how it’s done (because obviously that would be stupid), but guild leaders should be aware that griefing is possible.

There are only three puzzles, so Anet needs to either take that puzzle out of the rotation until the problem is fixed, or they need to fix the problem.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

They really need to add a “griefing” option to the report function.

Vayne.8563

They really need to add a “griefing” option to the report function.

Oh yeah, definitely!

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

One person’s griefing is another person’s fair play. Not to say that I disagree about this being griefing, but it’s far more subjective than the other reports. Except maybe Inappropriate character name (but I bet they don’t get many of those, and certainly not nearly as many as they’d get for griefing)

Posted by: Smith.1826

Smith.1826

One person’s griefing is another person’s fair play. Not to say that I disagree about this being griefing, but it’s far more subjective than the other reports. Except maybe Inappropriate character name (but I bet they don’t get many of those, and certainly not nearly as many as they’d get for griefing)

Not to mention that they should be putting more emphasis on making the ‘griefing’ impossible. This still sucks, though.

Vayne.8563

Umm, no, this is griefing. This is a person joining a guild mission and then performing something that prevents a guild from doing their mission and completing it with absolutely no benefit to themselves at all. There is no reason to do this other than to grief the guild. And we tried it more than one time, and other guilds have to. This is intentional. Someone is camping that puzzle just to screw entire guilds over.

It shouldn’t be possible.

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

This happened to my guild a month ago. We did it 4 tomes…

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Umm, no, this is griefing. This is a person joining a guild mission and then performing something that prevents a guild from doing their mission and completing it with absolutely no benefit to themselves at all. There is no reason to do this other than to grief the guild. And we tried it more than one time, and other guilds have to. This is intentional. Someone is camping that puzzle just to screw entire guilds over.

I specifically said I didn’t disagree that it was griefing. My comment was about a way to report for griefing.

Vayne.8563

I specifically said I didn’t disagree that it was griefing. My comment was about a way to report for griefing.

Right but there needs to be a way to report this type of behavior. Obviously not everything someone is offended by is offensive, but you can still report verbal abuse. It’s up to Anet to decide whether there was actual abuse or not. That’s the job.

Right now there’s no way to report griefing, and there really needs to be for situations like this.

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

All reports of griefing, from PvE, PvP and WvW go through the same process:

email to support with attached screenshots.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Vayne.8563

Unfortunately that’s not obvious to people and many simply won’t know. They click on report, read the options, see there’s no option and get frustrated. If reporting people is in the game, and it’s something to report for, why make it harder to report someone? Why make people jump through hoops?

Anyway regardless, Anet has to make it so that this particular thing can’t be done, because guilds waste time and influence over and over again trying to do a puzzle that can’t be done because one person can ruin the fun of 50.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’d suggest contacting support directly, with or without screenshots because that would enable you to explain exactly what the issue is (which they may not know) without broadcasting it to other players.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

This game is slowly turning into a griefer and trolls paradise.

Vayne.8563

This game is slowly turning into a griefer and trolls paradise.

It’s not really that bad. All games have griefers. This game less than most, because it’s harder to grief here.

This was one loophole that hadn’t been discovered yet. It’s an easy one to close.

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Whatever mechanic being used needs fixed. Reports on “griefing” should remain as petitions and not a simple checkbox, since the definition is subjective.

Given the current player base and mindset, the player who decided to “save” the Quaggan in Frostgorge would generate far too many false “griefing” reports that would have to be investigated.. for no reason.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Vayne.8563

Whatever mechanic being used needs fixed. Reports on “griefing” should remain as petitions and not a simple checkbox, since the definition is subjective.

Given the current player base and mindset, the player who decided to “save” the Quaggan in Frostgorge would generate far too many false “griefing” reports that would have to be investigated.. for no reason.

Then Anet needs to make it clearer to players how to report griefing. Right now too many don’t know.

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

@vayne

Shrug. Perhaps. Hard for me to feel any sympathy over your consternation and demand that the issue be addressed “Now”. Bluntly, the MegaMerger has ruined a far greater number of Guild events and nothing has been done to address that.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Vayne.8563

@vayne

Shrug. Perhaps. Hard for me to feel any sympathy over your consternation and demand that the issue be addressed “Now”. Bluntly, the MegaMerger has ruined a far greater number of Guild events and nothing has been done to address that.

My demand? Consternation? lmao

The difference between this and the megaserver is that this would at least seem to be a very easy fix. But they can take out out of the rotation until it’s fixed as well. That’s not demanding a solution now.

Not only do people have to resort to hyperbole but now they have to try to up my level of emotion. I posted at my guild’s request. This really isn’t a sore point for me.

However, being able to report griefers should have been in the game at launch. I’m not really sure what they option doesn’t exist.

Edit: Just reread my post and I’m pretty sure that now doesn’t appear anywhere in it.

Posted by: Omar Aschi Popp.7496

Omar Aschi Popp.7496

…Oh but there is a benifit!
pleasure

List of people whose posts speak on my behalf:
Lunar Sunset.8742
Rogue.7856

Vayne.8563

pleasure

There’s no in game benefit, as in no reward in game. Now if someone gets pleasure out of ruining say 50 or 60 peoples fun without gaining so much as an achievement point for it, I wouldn’t personally want a person like that in the community. And I’m pretty sure most other people wouldn’t either.

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

In this case you would email support.

However for any MMO community you can use an old “trick” I used to use in RuneScape and Guild Wars 1 way back. Sometimes you can tell a player needs to be reported but hasn’t exactly broken any rules yet. So you need to draw out the evidence without becoming an issue yourself. Do this:

1. PM the person with a neutral/nice message asking them to kindly stop.
2. A good portion of the time they respond with something uncalled for and unrepeatable on these forums.
3. Report them for harassment/offensive language.

Do not try to aggro them with words. The goal isn’t to start a fight. The goal is to let their reportable qualities surface on their own. Make sure YOU do nothing wrong.

Even if they only get a warning or a short ban, they become one step closer to being removed from the game. On a rare occasion they might even change their ways.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Vayne.8563

In this case you would email support.

However for any MMO community you can use an old “trick” I used to use in RuneScape and Guild Wars 1 way back. Sometimes you can tell a player needs to be reported but hasn’t exactly broken any rules yet. So you need to draw out the evidence without becoming an issue yourself. Do this:

1. PM the person with a neutral/nice message asking them to kindly stop.
2. A good portion of the time they respond with something uncalled for and unrepeatable on these forums.
3. Report them for harassment/offensive language.

Do not try to aggro them with words. The goal isn’t to start a fight. The goal is to let their reportable qualities surface on their own. Make sure YOU do nothing wrong.

Even if they only get a warning or a short ban, they become one step closer to being removed from the game. On a rare occasion they might even change their ways.

I’m pretty sure what they’re doing here is absolutely a bannable offense. It’s the equivalent of intentionally bugging out an event so it can’t be completed.

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

I’m pretty sure what they’re doing here is absolutely a bannable offense. It’s the equivalent of intentionally bugging out an event so it can’t be completed.

Oh I’m sure it is. If it isn’t, it should be.

The tough part about it for guild leaders is keeping the entire guild from cussing the guy out. Sure he deserves it, but the GMs will probably be reading through those logs. Makes their job easier if they can tell the griefing is being done to innocents instead looking like an action in some drama/dispute.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

goldenwing.8473

It’s a known fact that for WvW, Anet does nothing with reports communicated in this way. If PvE reports are treated the same way, you’re just wasting your time.

We know issues reported for WvW keep continuing. WvW community is very aware of which ones those are, unfortunately. Guessing, based on past experience, that PvE related issues are treated differently. Also, in PvE, screenshots would actually capture names (instead of “unknown”).

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

goldenwing.8473

PS: not saying I support or don’t support ANet’s style of reporting griefing; I can understand why they have not made it easier to report griefing and how the reporting itself can lead to griefing. Apparently taking the time to create an email means the situation actually warrants attention and probably cuts down on the unnecessary and/or potentially frivolous or retaliatory uses of reporting specific players/guilds.

I was merely pointing out ANet does have a process that has been in place since release.

Not commenting on its effectiveness as far as results.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It’s a known fact that for WvW, Anet does nothing with reports communicated in this way. If PvE reports are treated the same way, you’re just wasting your time.

We know issues reported for WvW keep continuing. WvW community is very aware of which ones those are, unfortunately. Guessing, based on past experience, that PvE related issues are treated differently. Also, in PvE, screenshots would actually capture names (instead of “unknown”).

The “unknown” problem is but a small percentage of the WvW griefing/hacking problems. Most are easily reportable with all kinds of evidence: screenshots and video. Many have been reported with such evidence. Never has any action been taken by Anet.

Posted by: Omar Aschi Popp.7496

Omar Aschi Popp.7496

pleasure

There’s no in game benefit, as in no reward in game. Now if someone gets pleasure out of ruining say 50 or 60 peoples fun without gaining so much as an achievement point for it, I wouldn’t personally want a person like that in the community. And I’m pretty sure most other people wouldn’t either.

For the record, I was in no way condoning this behaviour and I myself don’t find it funny, jut saying some people are jaguars like that and you should not be surprised.

List of people whose posts speak on my behalf:
Lunar Sunset.8742
Rogue.7856

Vayne.8563

pleasure

For the record, I was in no way condoning this behaviour and I myself don’t find it funny, jut saying some people are jaguars like that and you should not be surprised.

Oh, I’m not surprised. This isn’t my first rodeo. I’m not even particularly annoyed by it. It’ll get fixed. But by making the issue public it puts people on alert to look for it.

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

You shouldn’t post it here because "Accusing any player, guild, or server of cheating, griefing, hacking, or exploiting is not allowed on the forums. If you witness any of these acts while playing, please report them using the in-game ticketing system so our Customer Support team can properly investigate the issue. " as some moderator said while deleting similar topic posted by me. By the way, I doubt you can actually report it, because they only have “verbal abuse” to choose from, really. And if you will be wrong, your account will get punished instead.

Also sucks for you. Hugs.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

You shouldn’t post it here because "Accusing any player, guild, or server of cheating, griefing, hacking, or exploiting is not allowed on the forums.

He didn’t accuse any specific player, guild or server of cheating. He didn’t name anyone, any guild or server. He brought to issue that some people (without naming them) were griefing guild puzzles.

The Burninator

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I had to think for a moment before it became obvious to me how the person could grief one of the puzzles by preventing it from being completed. Yes, I agree that the particular puzzle should be tweaked so it’s not griefable. I even have some ideas already on how it could be fixed.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

It also took me a moment to realize how the puzzle could be griefed. Now that I realize what OP means, I have to agree that it’s something that really should be looked into.

Posted by: AdrielMarie.9162

AdrielMarie.9162

Proximemic’s Lab jumping puzzle is being griefed. It’s happened to multiple guilds. Anyone can prevent a guild from finishing that puzzle, even if they’re not in the guilds that started the puzzle.

I won’t go into detail about how it’s done (because obviously that would be stupid), but guild leaders should be aware that griefing is possible.

There are only three puzzles, so Anet needs to either take that puzzle out of the rotation until the problem is fixed, or they need to fix the problem.

All puzzles can be griefed, so sadly, it can’t be taken out of rotation. Transform part for Proxemics, Curtain for Langmar, and Drake at Angvars.

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

It is not being griefed at the Transformation part (this time at least).

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

Posted by: Volg.3210

Volg.3210

Report it as a Bug, Exploitable, Blocking…

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

I would simply like to say… As with all things that require coordination, it should be instanced. Guild missions should be achieved by the guild… Ever since the megaserver we’ve had to run our missions with other guilds and they’ve either made it brain dead easy for us or frustratingly difficult (trolls included in the latter of course). We want to be able to complete OUR missions as a group.. as OUR group. We want to play with OUR group, not everyone in the world.

Instancing would prevent this griefing and I hope it gets implemented.

Slow down and smell the pixels.