Male Legendary Bow?

Male Legendary Bow?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

(Bad, evil wicked, naughty forum. It has bugged the next page, which I’ve just remembered is Gaile shaped)

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Bobby.3721

Bobby.3721

In not a huge fan of half the legendary weapons myself either. Juggernaut, twilight, the dagger, the predator, Frostfang, and flame seeker prophecies are really all i like. I get the whole “fun and silly weapons” deal, but I don’t really want some rediculous flashy, rainbow, sunshine and glitter thing. I want a serious looking weapon for my serious looking character. The world of Tyria is facing the end times, and in my opinion, unicorn shooting bows dont seem to fit into that theme. I’m sure that people are going to say “But that’s just one persons opinion!” but most of my friends and other people ive talked with agree that we need more serious looking legendaries.

Also I could care less about the whole feminine/masculine conversation that seems to have randomly sprung up in the thread. Im just saying make some better looking legendary weapons that fit with the current state of the world.

(edited by Bobby.3721)

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

I must share with you my personal norn. He is not nearly as manly as yours, but he is getting there.

holy mother of mustache, dat facial expression :O

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: JSemar.5821

JSemar.5821

He’s right. Played ranger since gw1 released but the legendary weapons for them are just stupid. Thus my transition to engineer. Also cut the political correctness crap out Jesus you guys kill me with that. Hard to take anything you all say serious when you get upset because he said he doesn’t think rainbows, unicorns, and flowers are fit for a man.

I’m more upset that every class got a serious legendary and rangers got “toys”.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I find most legendaries unpleasant looking. They just go over the top. Like the Quip, I get it gets a gimmick or a theme, but it just doesn’t do it for me to “shoot” enemies with confetti.

I thought Legendaries were powerful artifacts, not just comic relief.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

He’s right. Played ranger since gw1 released but the legendary weapons for them are just stupid. Thus my transition to engineer. Also cut the political correctness crap out Jesus you guys kill me with that. Hard to take anything you all say serious when you get upset because he said he doesn’t think rainbows, unicorns, and flowers are fit for a man.

Yes. Moot is a very serious legendary. As is Quip. And Meteorologicus. And the chicken focus. Very very serious indeed.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: poisonality.8972

poisonality.8972

I don’t like any of the legendary weapons, something a bit less flashy would be nice really.
a blade made of fire? cool, a bow that glows or whatever sure…but not every movement of the weapons should explode the screen with random colors. so while I get that you don’t want to fart rainbows and throw hellokitty at enemies , please dear god please do not convince them to make a bow that vomits black and green crap for a mile around

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

I want a masculine bow that’s manly and shoots men with muscles the size of other men father than a man can run which is really, really fast because a man is ultimate and inflicts nightstallions on enemies. That’s right, Nightstallions, because nightmares are female and male horses are more masculine and stronger and darker and more mature with added strength and manliness. I want my Bro-bow to shoot Nightstallions, man.

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Yes. Moot is a very serious legendary. As is Quip. And Meteorologicus. And the chicken focus. Very very serious indeed.

I’d like to note the two greatswords look like people taking paintbrushes to the world when they swing. And so it brings me to the problem of – is painting manly enough to make these swords count?

Or do I have to Dali it up?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Just to be fair, my guardian is currently running around with Ambrosia equipped. Having a mug of ale as a focus is pretty silly, but is also what most would consider “manly”. Not that a woman couldn’t wield a frothy mug just as well.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Lunarhound.7324

Lunarhound.7324

All the “rainbows and unicorns aren’t manly” nonsense aside, I actually agree that legendaries shouldn’t be joke weapons. I like the Dreamer, but I don’t think it should be a legendary weapon. Not, at least, with the way legendaries are currently acquired.

I think part of the problem is that what I think was their original intent behind legendaries appears to be outdated. Originally, I think some of them were made to be joke weapons because the idea of a weapon actually having unique sounds, attack effects, etc. was supposed to be a feature that was unique to legendaries. They sort of began to abandon that with some of the joke weapon skins that ended up being super cheap and easy to find, like the slingshot and the pop gun. They may be far less flashy, but they still sort of have features that originally seem to have been intended for legendaries only.

Now that joke weapons exist as their own thing, I think it’d be nice to move away from that with legendaries. I’d even like to see (though I REALLY doubt this would EVER happen) the ones that were intended to be silly, like Quip and The Dreamer, replaced with more serious sounds, appearance, and effects. You could make this fair to people who’ve already earned the ones with the old skins, by just giving them the new skins for free. Then, maybe turn the old ones into precursors, or even just make them simple joke skins, obtainable through some far easier method.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

I personally think all the current legendaries look stupid and are varied only by the extremity of how nonsensically over the top they look.

Some dig that very thing about them though. Yet others would do and wear almost anything if they thought it made them just a little more special than the next guy/gal.

Personally speaking, I don’t care for the Rainbow Dash and singing bird hippy bows either. Neither do I think quip should exist or that the not looks life anything other than a drunken art minor project included for the lulz.

Bifrost looks to me like something out of a bad early 80’s Saturday morning cartoon. Twilight and Sunrise both look like they should go back to the Naruto episode that spawned them, and the legendary hammer looks more like a WoW staff to me than any sort of hammer.

The underwater legendaries are just plain irrelevant to my concerns (lol underwater combat) and I think bolt looks like a crappy wad of wire swore with an electricity effect flyer on just because.

Predator is OK, I suppose. At least isn’t some farm animal shooting, rainbow-farting squeaky toy.

The incinerator looks plain dumb to me. Every time I see that one on a thief I think ‘yeah, hide in shadows with a lit blowtorch in each hand, that’s smart’.

In very sryusfaec about these things. I wool not make them, Sam I Am, and you can’t make me give a kitten .

Still not sure what gender has to do with anything though. Try equal opportunity disdain, op. Don’t be a misogynist. Hate everything equally.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I’m a dude and I’m sitting here in my sweet unicorn hat and just laughing so hard right now.

method of acquisition, pls ;D

It’s for my guild. It’s custom embroidery and I had 15 of them made. So… you have to be in my guild and favored enough that I ship you one. :-)

Pic attached for fun.

That’s amazing.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Rangers can wield the following Legendary weapons:

• Sunrise
  • Twilight
  • Eternity
  • Bolt
  • Frostfang
  • Incinerator
  • Rodgort
  • Howler
  • Dreamer
  • Kudzu
  • Frenzy
  • Kamohoali’i Kotaki
  • (soon) Bifrost

So yes, “rangers get toys”. Also looking at that they’re quite restricted in which legendaries they can even acquire. I feel for you.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Bolt is a lovely weapon.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

TBH, i would like a legendary longbow that looks more serious, something that has the cool factor more globally.
http://i.imgur.com/x6TY5M9.png

(i would not recommend typing while half asleep >_< )

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

I agree with Felipe, why a guy can’t like rainbows?

Why should a guy like rainbows and unicorns, or else be called childish and immature?

I’m a 26 years old independent adult and I don’t like Kudzu or The Dreamer. I’m not a fan of ponies, rainbows or unicorns (unless we’re talking about Charlie The Unicorn, he’s awesome) and I hate My Little Pony, but that has more to do with the fanbase and less with the show itself to be honest.

(edited by LucosTheDutch.4819)

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

I’m on the same boat as many others: cutesy weapons like The Dreamer and Kudzu are not my cup of tea, but the solution is so simple: use a much better looking weapon. Personally I went with the frost bow skin, but that’s just me. There are so many other skins out there to enjoy. You can’t tell me there are no ‘male’ or ‘different’ or ‘more serious’ weapon skins. There are no legendary bows that look good, but you also don’t have to make a legendary, either. There is only one legendary worth making, and that’s The Flameseeker Prophecies. The rest are not very good. Avoid Kudzu/Dreamer if you want, it’s so easy to just use a different weapon skin that looks way better.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

It’s hilarious to read this thread, seriously XD It’s as if there are only two possibilities – men have to like rainbows and unicorns, or men can’t like rainbows and unicorns, and since those two are mutually exclusive, this war is going to rage until the sun dies and consumes us aaaalllll…. (insert scary laugh here)

Well. It’s not like there’s this thing like personal taste that can go either way and is not bound to any such silly blanket statement like “Unicorns are girly!”, “Everyone hates joke weapons!” or “Women don’t like bulky armour!”. I mean, how naive of me to think that it’s possible to exists outside such absolutes and form opinions based on what one likes and does not like instead of what one is supposed to like or not like.
And of course, saying this must mean I’m a queer SJW of colour and absolutely hate the white cis patriarchy, because god forbid I’m someone you can’t stuff into a nice and tidy pigeonhole of “people we don’t have to take seriously because they are not majorities”.
I’m rolling my eyes here so hard I’m afraid they’ll get stuck if I keep this up, so I’ll go play on my happy little meadow with unicorns and flaming hellhounds under rainbows that drip bloody doom on us all. Or something.

(Also, if we could get a not-unicorn-y legendary shortbow, that would be really nice. I’m out of ingame projects for now, and my asura ranger just looks silly carrying a glowing horse around on her back all day.)

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

I’ve asked a couple of times in this thread, but no one has yet explained any connection between rainbows/unicorns/flowers and gender.

And yet it already appears that the downfall of Western civilisation is upon us.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Kudzu is perfekt for my sylvari. Btw we should dye legendarys. Image blood red flowers from the arrows

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

I’ve asked a couple of times in this thread, but no one has yet explained any connection between rainbows/unicorns/flowers and gender.

The only connection is the one we make for ourselves.

Had the OP not made this a gender issue and instead just asked for more serious bow skins, I would have supported it.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Templar.3418

Templar.3418

Yes, we need a war bow!

Not a little girl’s toy…

MANLY!

And you know what we mean you people who are trying to be politically correct. You understand the OP, just go with it.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Btw i cant realy imagin a charr ash legion thief with a legendary unicorn shortbow

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

Yes, we need a war bow!

Not a little girl’s toy…

MANLY!

And you know what we mean you people who are trying to be politically correct. You understand the OP, just go with it.

Yes to all of this.

+1

Male Legendary Bow?

RoseofGilead.8907

Btw i cant realy imagin a charr ash legion thief with a legendary unicorn shortbow

And that is why you’re not in the Ash Legion! The Ash Legion know how to party.

Male Legendary Bow?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

And that is why you’re not in the Ash Legion! The Ash Legion know how to party.

It’s just they kill the witnesses.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

Thing is, an average girls like things that are beautiful- and typical boys like things that are kitten and cool. Rainbows and uicorns are NOT kitten.

7800 hours ingame, and counting.

Male Legendary Bow?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Thing is, an average girls like things that are beautiful- and typical boys like things that are kitten and cool. Rainbows and uicorns are NOT kitten.

. . . they do? Man I must be around a ton of non-average girls.

Male Legendary Bow?

RoseofGilead.8907

I’ll have to tell my kid and all his friends at school that they’re wrong about unicorns, I guess.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

People keep talking about average/typical/normal girls and boys and I still can’t figure out what that would be. I have not had the pleasure of meeting anyone who is ‘normal, average or typical’ and believe they are rarer than unicorns.

On-topic: I support the idea of making the next legendaries we get more serious, I myself am not a big fun of the current legendaries, and those I do like are weapons I don’t really use a lot.

Also the fact that something gets labeled right away as ‘girly’, (basically saying that every man who uses it suddenly isn’t a man anymore and women must like this bow or they aren’t women?) is just silly and not necessary, nor is it a good argument to make his point.

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Orrrrrr, they like them but don’t say so because their culture tells them it’s not cool. Heaven forbid that you aren’t cool and with everyone else.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Too insecure to like flowers and rainbows, huh? Although I’d agree that more options will be nice.

Male Legendary Bow?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Honestly, and all snarking aside?

Yeah, some on-theme legendaries would be nice. One which comes to mind is a shortbow “Storm Bow”.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

They should fix Howler first….

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Moderator.1056

Moderator.1056

Since the discussion in this thread has derailed and is no longer constructive this thread is now closed.