Malyck! We want you back!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: eNeRgOo.5463

eNeRgOo.5463

The Sylvari are my favourite race, so I’m all for seeing more characters from their lore!

Malyck and his Tree, just imagine that! This story finally made into the end! What if that Tree would be male? Father Tree? It gives me chills! Plus rest of our questions answered finally! What happens to Sylvari after Mordremoth’s death, what happens to Mordrems, are they dying? Are they returning to their true form? What do they have to say? Are they returning to The Grove? Or place where the other Tree is? Is Pale Tree alive? What if not – Are we going to see how she dies? What will she have to say? Will then we go to Malyck’s tree and unite with his people? How these sylvaris look like? Are they like us?Are they more luminescent? Or with new luminescence colours? How about new faces or body colours? Do they have kind of new planty-like armour? What can they say about Modremoth? How did they survive? Did they lock themselves in their Grove and fought Mordrems till we killed dragon? Will Malyck and his sylvari people go and unite with us if his Tree died?

After that Rata Novus, because I am so curious about that one as well.

Really… if they ignore Sylvaris lore at the end, they can do this with every race, Asuras on the next target! Players will get kittened by the game then and will go and not come back. I am playing since launch time and first time I see such situation when they could finish this lore but they wanted to make money instead, showed middle fingers to us, players and sold unfinished project. Such holes in lore will be at the end enormous and all players will have questions, not only sylvari-gamers.

Wanna bet he is already been killed millions times over?

Just think of it this way. He went west into the jungle where Mordy is and doesn’t have the dream to sorta protect him (though he may have the focus/determination/whatnot to resist the call, like Canach). Even if he didn’t answer the call, he could still have been captured like the DE group, only noone saved him. Either way, he became a Mordrem. Then we killed him (with lots of fire).
End of story, on to the needed Asura/Charr/Norn focused living stories.

Taimi and Scruffy were the only emotional-ish part of the story for me.
Eir – ehh, was expected.
Trahearne, didn’t necessarily hate him, but don’t really care about him/that he finally got killed.

Nah, I disagree.
Guys are you reading previous comments?
They had his story on the tables, just didn’t make it because of HoT’s launch deadlines. They cut this, because they needed more time. Now they have that time and I still keep asking when they’ll finish it. When they’ll finish HoT plot?

P.s You don’t even care about Trehearne, and lots of sylvari players liked him. Are you the next “I hate everybody, please arenanet kill them” pal?
P.p.s Malyck couldn’t get captured by Mordremoth, because dragon woke up long time after he went into the Jungle. It’s actually time when Zhaitan’s activity wasn’t that huge yet. So don’t make such stupid and irrelevant theories that shows how “good” your lore knowledge is

Posted by: Uber.7623

Uber.7623

How I see this in a nutshell:

“Ugh, so tired of Sylvari! Give us story centered on Asura and Charr!”
>New story based on Asura and Charr for three weeks
“Ugh, so tired of Asura and Charr! Give us more Norn and Humans!”
>New story based on Norn and Humans for a week.
“Ugh, so tired of Norn and Humans for a week! Give us more Sylvari!”

Seriously, why can’t we just have a bit of everything with some races getting spotlight in a story. Just because you’re tired of something, doesn’t mean everyone else. In fact, you all are tired of the completely different things, so no doubt we’ll get this kind of whining no matter what story comes out. IMO, Anet should keep doing what they’ve been doing for the story (although I personally think there’s definitely room for story-TELLING improvements) because trust me, it can get worse. Just look at WoW and their sweet “story” for Taurens and Gnomes. It was a lot worse for other races, but given time, a lot of the races did get more lore behind them including the Gnomes. I still can’t say much for the Taurens.

Either way, just give it time. Guild Wars 2 ain’t going to die anytime soon, unless you got a terminal disease or something.

(edited by Uber.7623)

eNeRgOo.5463

Seriously, why can’t we just have a bit of everything with some races getting spotlight in a story. Just because you’re tired of something, doesn’t mean everyone else. In fact, you all are tired of the completely different things, so no doubt we’ll get this kind of whining no matter what story comes out. IMO, Anet should keep doing what they’ve been doing for the story (although I personally think there’s definitely room for story-TELLING improvements) because trust me, it can get worse. Just look at WoW and their sweet “story” for Taurens and Gnomes. It was a lot worse for other races, but given time, a lot of the races did get more lore behind them including the Gnomes. I still can’t say much for the Taurens.

Either way, just give it time. Guild Wars 2 ain’t going to die anytime soon, unless you got a terminal disease or something.

Or why can’t we just finish one race lore and move on to the next?
Why do we have to leave holes everywhere and leave players with unanswered questions? Why do we have to buy unfinished produtcs?

Are you really kidding with this? Give it time? I am waiting since launch, you know how many years is it?

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

To be fair, it really has been an over-emphasis on Sylvari for almost all post-launch content. Not 3 weeks of Sylvari lore and stories. 3 Years.

eNeRgOo.5463

I’ll answer your quote with another quote from first page. It’s absolutely not three years.
Plus read previous things we write here, geez peeps.

To be fair, it really has been an over-emphasis on Sylvari for almost all post-launch content. Not 3 weeks of Sylvari lore and stories. 3 Years.

It really hasn’t, though. The Personal Story was about the Orders coming together to fight Zhaitan. It had a Sylvari leader, but that does not make the story about the Sylvari race.

Season 1 was about several factions coming together to assault Lion’s Arch. It was lead by a Sylvari but it was not about Sylvari as a race.

Scarlet and Trahearne are individuals. We got fairly little Sylvari lore from those story arcs.

Season 2 started to give us Sylvari lore as it built up to Heart of Thorns, where the entire nature of Sylvari was revealed. Heart of Thorns was the main Sylvari story for the world and revolved heavily around Sylvari. However that story is NOT done yet.

There was an entire story arc concerning Malyck and the other Pale Trees out there we haven’t met and how they were dealing with Modremoth that was left out of HoT’s story for time constraints, as well as another arc focusing on the Nightmare Court and how they are dealing with it. These are two HUGE chunks of Sylvari lore that was flat out ignored in the Sylvari focused expansion.

Then in Season 2 we have the Pale Tree herself ATTACKED by one of Modremoth’s champions. She was weak, maybe even dying, when we saw her last but we’ve not gotten ANY news about how she’s doing since then. The Pale Tree potentially being grievously wounded is HUGE for the Sylvari as a race, and was completely ignored by HoT’s story.

And finally we have the very nature of the Dream itself. Where it comes from, what connects the Pale Tree to it, and why Modremoth can access it. If it’s a product of Modremoth why does it shield Sylvari from his control? What is Modremoth’s connection, if any, to the Nightmare?

And all of this is ignoring the BIGGEST mystery yet. What is going to happen to the Modrem? In the HoT story we meet a Modrem Guard who, after going far enough under ground to escape Modremoth’s range, was able to regain some form of his sanity. This is again HUGE. This means that without Modremoth’s influence the Modrem should regain their lost minds. Now that Mordremoth is dead what will happen to the now free Modrem Guard? Will they try to return to the Grove? Will they remain Modrem Guard and form their own faction? We need to know.

Switching to another race here would be insanely awkward and kitten off a lot of Sylvari players. The expansion’s story just wasn’t big enough to answer all our questions, and worse yet it actually raised MORE questions than it answered. There are a lot of incredibly important plot details left just floating there unresolved like the Pale Tree’s status and the future of the Modrem Guard. if season 3 doesn’t at least have a sub-plot that explains some of this it will be a tragedy of storytelling.

This is like if Anet was working on a charr story where Gaheron returns and achieves godhood, then launches a massive attack on Black Citadel, killing Smodur and taking the Claw of the Khan-Ur for himself, declaring his intention to be named Khan-Ur. Then just… Leaving the story there to focus on the norn.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

About last three years? Really watch your arguments, because they’re so wrong.
I remember that huge time we spent with Zhaitan. Then with Zephyrites and other little events. Now we’ve got kind of nice story that can explain Sylvari race for good and move on to next race lore and dragon, but because of forum moaners and devs following moans, it has lots of holes and gives us more questions than explanations. It’s almost around the end, but we need to gather some more informations about Sylvaris of another Tree, Malyck, Nigthmare Court + Mordremoth’s corruption relation and maybe Soundless too and about Pale Tree if she’s okay and what she has to say. That’s it. That can be done in next season. It is not so difficult and guess what – They told that they planned to do it in HoT but they had no time so they listened to players of course, which killed this expansion’s story.

p.s I don’t care if you had enough, when Living Story will come to your race and will give holes everywhere you’ll feel the pain that sylvari players feel now.
Be glad Rytlock is back and you know more or less what happened to him. We cannot be glad because our Malyck is not back. He is gone. Went to the jungle and any sign of him dissapeared. He told us that we’ll meet again with him. Now I want that. It’s the time.

You clearly have not been paying attention to the story have you.

Leader of the pact, the person we help with there wild hunt. Sylvari.
South sun, the “bad guy”, Sylvari.
LW1 bad guy, Sylvari, the story was all about scarlet.
LW2, still mostly about what scarlet was up to.
HoT, about the Sylvari being dragon minions.
Now what part of the story for the last 3 years has not been about them?

As for story holes, you didn’t play Guild Wars did you. There are so many plot lines that where never finished. Its how the story telling rolls in GW. Every race starting story is unfinished. Heck the dungeon story isn’t finished. Get use to it

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

(edited by BrotherBelial.3094)

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

We need less salad based stories (#BurnTheGroveDown), and more Asura/Charr centered stories.

You got it almost right: #BurnAsuraAndCharrAndUseTheGroveAsPyre

eNeRgOo.5463

As for story holes, you didn’t play Guild Wars did you. There are so many plot lines that where never finished. Its how the story telling rolls in GW. Every race starting story is unfinished. Heck the dungeon story isn’t finished. Get use to it

It’s not three years. You know why? Then READ THE PREVIOUS COMMENTS FOR KITTENS SAKE! It kittenes me off that I have to explain it milion times with other players.
YOU KNOW HOW TO READ? USE THAT ABILLITY! Then you wont write the same arguments like others here, because I am now answering the same questions all the time. READ REALLY. THAT DOESN’T HURT. Few posts up is an answer why it’s not three years of Sylvari’s lore. Done.

I did, but GW is different game than GW2. Plus GW is an old one here
Plus they had Malyck story on the table. Now it’s time to take a look on it again.
So it’s completely different situation here.

BrotherBelial.3094

It’s not three years. You know why? Then READ THE PREVIOUS COMMENTS FOR KITTENS SAKE! It kittenes me off that I have to explain it milion times with other players.
YOU KNOW HOW TO READ? USE THAT ABILLITY! Then you wont write the same arguments like others here, because I am now answering the same questions all the time. READ REALLY. THAT DOESN’T HURT. Few posts up is an answer why it’s not three years of Sylvari’s lore. Done.

Plus they had Malyck story on the table. Now it’s time to take a look on it again.

I hate to say this, but ANet have said HoT is the end of the Sylvari story that started at the end of Eye of the North. The game has had a Sylvari central character through out the game for 3 years. If you can not see this you are blinding your self to this fact. People are telling you this but you are sticking your head in the sand about it. I honestly can not understand why you can not see this.

Also if your not a Sylvari character you will have no clue about him. Not a one. I’ve never played a Sylvari Beyond the dream because I read about the shadow of the dragon. I do not like them as a playable race, they just don’t speak to me.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Silberfederling.9302

I hate to say this, but ANet have said HoT is the end of the Sylvari story that started at the end of Eye of the North. The game has had a Sylvari central character through out the game for 3 years. If you can not see this you are blinding your self to this fact. People are telling you this but you are sticking your head in the sand about it. I honestly can not understand why you can not see this.

Also if your not a Sylvari character you will have no clue about him. Not a one. I’ve never played a Sylvari Beyond the dream because I read about the shadow of the dragon. I do not like them as a playable race, they just don’t speak to me.

Thank you.
15 heads of lettuce

eNeRgOo.5463

LOL. Man, really leave this topic. Go to Future Specializations thread or Next Expansion one. Then get excited then buy next unfinished project. Good luck. Just don’t comment here as long as you make better arguments in this discussion or read all of the comments here. You wont at least write about something that has been already explained. Oh! And hope that in the next expansion your race lore will be finished, because otherwise you’re going to cry as well or – knowing such people – even more than I do now, with all of the bad words on Arenanet and even threats like it was with people in Legendaries postpone thread

p.s Nobody is bliding noone and I am not sitcking my head anywhere.
They sold us not complete expansion. They were in a hurry with it. Is that so weird that some of people want it to be completed, finally? We paid for this and Malyck is the first case, Legendaries are the second case of not completed content. But there are more of them.
p.p.s I even remember that they made Harbinger Outfit before HoT launch that made me pre-purchase it, because they called Malyck Harbinger and this outfit is in Mordrem style. Now I’ll watch my excitement and know where disappoitment lays.

#bring #Malyck #back
#take #haters #away
#finish #sylvari #lore

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

#bring #Malyck #back
#take #haters #away
#finish #sylvari #lore

All this pounding is giving me a headache. o.O

On topic: I too would enjoy seeing/knowing more of Malyck… but it ain’t worth so much forum drama.

~EW

eNeRgOo.5463

Sorry!
Glad to hear that!
It’s not a drama
It’s showing care about my race lore and fight with haters who – I bet – killed Trehearne – more or less hahaha

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Stories can mix and evolve. Also in good storytelling, the endings are never just a final stop, they always offer something more, the beggining of a new story (Or many).

I don’t see why Malyck story can’t become part of a new story arch. I also don’t see why this new arch has to be centered on Sylvari again. Rata Novus is the beggining of a new story for Asuras, which happens in the middle of another, Sylvari-focused, story. Rytlock “revenantization” is also a big event for Charr lore.

IMO next arch should be Asura or Charr centered, with big events for other races, like the discovering of the second Pale Tree, etc.

As for Humans… I really hope they got something interesting to do BEFORE they make a human centric story. Humans are plain boring in most games with fantastic races. GW2, sadly, is a prime example of this: human lore could be great, like the story of Marriner, but all those god chattering, queen wooing and ancestor boasting get me yawning instead.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

(edited by Ardid.7203)

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Sorry!
Glad to hear that!
It’s not a drama
It’s showing care about my race lore and fight with haters who – I bet – killed Trehearne – more or less hahaha

Liking Trahearne because he is Sylvari is like loving Jar-Jar because he is from Star Wars.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Silberfederling.9302

I was quite fond of the old salad head and i am interested in malyck but ( yup a but) i rather would like some more general race development. For instance the asura concentration camps for sylvary. How many are\were there? Human and charr seperatists\terrorists? Centaur Genocides? Ascalon conflicts and genocides. Those bird anime guys from kryta and factions (tengu). There are loads of possible cool stories i would like to know more about, not just malyck, but he was certainly quite interesting. How ever what i personally want the most is to know how my beloved dwaves are doing. Maybe malyck found a way to the dwarves? I would be OK with it

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Sorry!
Glad to hear that!
It’s not a drama

Liking Trahearne because he is Sylvari is like loving Jar-Jar because he is from Star Wars.

Me say you no wanna Trearnery to die?

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Sorry!
Glad to hear that!
It’s not a drama

Lol, no worries.

Honestly, I love seeing all the passion players bring to the forums about the game… adoration and frustration both show that there’s a lot there to invest oneself in.

~EW

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Hmm. I’ll bet someone here has a Sylvari-kin Tumbler blog.

Sorry, these bipolar, dysfunctional dragon minions have had far too much of the spotlight.

Norn had a great chance for expansion of their Lore post GW. What we got was a shallow characterization as drunken klingons. OH, MAH LEGUND!!!! Oh, wait, we did get the sensitive coming of Age story of a boy who loved furries, raised by insensitive Drunken Klingons. I discarded that bit of junk.

No sympathy for the snowflake here.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Posted by: ImTasty.2163

ImTasty.2163

Give us Malyck back! :c
I don’t want Canach I want Malyck! :c I don’t want Rata Novus and all the new (ekhm ‘inquest’) lore untill you explain what happened to our beloved Maly-bro sylvari and fill holes in the lore you did in HoT. I pre-paid once I heard about Heart of Thorns, excited about new lore and meeting him again but you listened to moaners in this forum and it’s the least favourite story in Guild Wars2 ever. It’s not Game of Thrones, it’s Guild Wars2 :c Even Mordremoth wasn’t a dragon but big fat lizard hippie pokemon.
Make him (MALYCK!) back! And the new Tree! Is it going to be Pale? Is it going to be male? I don’t think like I am going to buy next expansion pack in pre-paid style like I did with HoT. Next time I’ll wait and check all the things you provide…
Okay maybe that was so harsh, I’ll pre-paid if I see Malyck ;_;

And I don’t care about possible haters comments here! You killed Trehearne and made Caithe traitor! Your words doesn’t matter #sylvari #life #matters #more

Actually, I hope they leave him where he is. In all honesty, Malyck is just some side character that you only met if you were to A) pick sylvari and B ) pick the right story options. For instance, I have two sylvari characters and I do not remember meeting Malyck on the first one.

I like the idea of keeping his story as an open question. Anet has done that with quite a few stories ever since GW1. It makes the story feel more “natural”. There are plenty of mysteries in the real world that we may never know the answer too. I like that kind of story telling better than everything having a beginning and end.

That’s just my opinion though.

Randulf.7614

Some things work well as an open question. The flying castle is one. No matter what they do with it, it can’t top years of hype and mystery. It’s far better left as an enigma to look up in wonder at. Sometimes the best stories are those you can imagine.

Malyck I don’t think qualifies in the same way, although I wonder if the moment has passed. He absolutely should have been a part of HoT, or at least his tree and people formed part of an Act. LS3 will be the fallout, the progression and as a toon only important to the sylvari players, I wonder if he can be kept in without feeling forced at this juncture.

We shall see, heavy hints suggested he would appear again at some point. Personally I would like this loose end tied up, late or otherwise.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Why not finish all the other previous unresolved stuff instead of just one?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3rh6j0/spoilers_unawnsered_questions_and_impressions/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2u2ve2/lets_make_a_list_of_unresolved_lorestoryline/ (some of those were resolved though in the expansion)

Or how about what happened with the pieces of Magdaer ?
Or what about the future versions/events/etc that were hinted at during the Asuran PS?
Or the White Mantle from the Humans personal story? (more hinted at now with Wing 2/Salvation Pass)
I’m sure theres some in the Norn and Charr PS too (didn’t quite pay close attention to those).

And yes I know the Malyck story line was before Zaitan (its the only sylvari storyline I played through). It doesn’t mean he or his tree were not still in the area when Mordy awoke and started corrupting more. Also, who is to say Modry wasn’t doing stuff at that time? There was the shadow of the dragon was in the beginning story of Sylvari characters, people thought it represented Zhaitan but maybe it was really Mordy trying to breach the dream. And with Scarlet, Mordy was doing stuff with her (mentally anyways) before Zhaitan’s demise.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

eNeRgOo.5463

Stories can mix and evolve. Also in good storytelling, the endings are never just a final stop, they always offer something more, the beggining of a new story (Or many).

I don’t see why Malyck story can’t become part of a new story arch. I also don’t see why this new arch has to be centered on Sylvari again. Rata Novus is the beggining of a new story for Asuras, which happens in the middle of another, Sylvari-focused, story. Rytlock “revenantization” is also a big event for Charr lore.

IMO next arch should be Asura or Charr centered, with big events for other races, like the discovering of the second Pale Tree, etc.

As for Humans… I really hope they got something interesting to do BEFORE they make a human centric story. Humans are plain boring in most games with fantastic races. GW2, sadly, is a prime example of this: human lore could be great, like the story of Marriner, but all those god chattering, queen wooing and ancestor boasting get me yawning instead.

That would be just perfect! Rata Novus and then New Pale Tree. Like two big discoveries that would shocked peps in Tyria! Omg!

Hmm. I’ll bet someone here has a Sylvari-kin Tumbler blog.
Sorry, these dysfunctional dragon minions have had far too much of the spotlight.

I don’t have such tumblr blog.
My tumblr blog is about something different.
But yeah, I even saw ‘Malyck come back’ blog and amount of Malycks posts or fanfiction in Tumblr is actually enormous. That shows how people care about him.

I agree that our lore is around for a long time, I disagree that we had too much of it. We are around finish and we need it’s ‘the end’.

Actually, I hope they leave him where he is. (…)
I like the idea of keeping his story as an open question. Anet has done that with quite a few stories ever since GW1. It makes the story feel more “natural”. There are plenty of mysteries in the real world that we may never know the answer too. I like that kind of story telling better than everything having a beginning and end.
That’s just my opinion though.

I hope they won’t! Think about it! Arenanet then would be like “thanks that you bought the HoT expansion incomplete, now here’s our huge middle finger and hey! buy our next expansion!”. Some people would gone mad in the same style like some of you went when they told they push Legendaries projects away for a while.
Actually – It wouldn’t be natural due the fact they had Malyck’s story around when creating HoT, and there’s still hidden area west from Dragon’s Stand or other little covered regions. So nope here, plus some of people don’t like such kind of
story (not)-telling

eNeRgOo.5463

There was specific mentions also that sylvari couldn’t be corrupted by zhaitan, which put even more emphasis on them.

The moment when somebody talks about sylvari doesn’t mean that the game is about sylvari. They couldn’t be corrupted by Zhaitan. That’s just fact, not an emphasis – lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3rh6j0
/spoilers_unawnsered_questions_and_impressions/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2u2ve2/lets_make_a_list_of_unresolved_lorestoryline/ (some of those were resolved though in the expansion)

Or what about the future versions/events/etc that were hinted at during the Asuran PS?

The fact that I did not mention about other thingies doesn’t mean that I don’t want them to be finished as well

Or the White Mantle from the Humans personal story? (more hinted at now with Wing 2/Salvation Pass)
I’m sure theres some in the Norn and Charr PS too (didn’t quite pay close attention to those).

White Mantle’s lore will be fully locked in Raids. They said that they wanted to add something new but didn’t want it to be next LS.

And yes I know the Malyck story line was before Zaitan (its the only sylvari storyline I played through). It doesn’t mean he or his tree were not still in the area when Mordy awoke and started corrupting more. Also, who is to say Modry wasn’t doing stuff at that time? There was the shadow of the dragon was in the beginning story of Sylvari characters, people thought it represented Zhaitan but maybe it was really Mordy trying to breach the dream. And with Scarlet, Mordy was doing stuff with her (mentally anyways) before Zhaitan’s demise.

Shadow of the Dragon is your(player) Dream. Player dreamed about fighting Dragon in the Dream, which actually happened in HoT. Other Sylvaris (npcs) have other Dreams….
Mordy wasn’t doing stuff with Scarlet. He was asleep then. She went into Ley Line Machine, got the knowledge about the world, and woke him up. She was terrorist.
Second time I write this – Scarlet was Kamikaze. She just dropped that nuclear bomb, rest was done by this bomb. She also probably wanted to show the world the true nature of Sylvari.

And for the milionth time – They had Malycks story on their tables, they wanted to implement it, but they didn’t due to HoT launch deadlines. It’s unlikely he’s dead.

So… has anybody seen Malyck?

[/quote]

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

given that this name is a hated one from steven eriksons series, may he rot.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

eNeRgOo.5463

Why are you all so hateful? Really…
Arenanet – Plox Make Malyck Back! :c

Silberfederling.9302

Why are you all so hateful? Really…
Arenanet – Plox Make Malyck Back! :c

Do read my previous post Please, there is no hate

eNeRgOo.5463

Maybe not you, but some of them really are , we both must admit on that

BrotherBelial.3094

LOL. Man, really leave this topic. Go to Future Specializations thread or Next Expansion one. Then get excited then buy next unfinished project. Good luck. Just don’t comment here as long as you make better arguments in this discussion or read all of the comments here. You wont at least write about something that has been already explained. Oh! And hope that in the next expansion your race lore will be finished, because otherwise you’re going to cry as well or – knowing such people – even more than I do now, with all of the bad words on Arenanet and even threats like it was with people in Legendaries postpone thread

p.s Nobody is bliding noone and I am not sitcking my head anywhere.
They sold us not complete expansion. They were in a hurry with it. Is that so weird that some of people want it to be completed, finally? We paid for this and Malyck is the first case, Legendaries are the second case of not completed content. But there are more of them.
p.p.s I even remember that they made Harbinger Outfit before HoT launch that made me pre-purchase it, because they called Malyck Harbinger and this outfit is in Mordrem style. Now I’ll watch my excitement and know where disappoitment lays.

#bring #Malyck #back
#take #haters #away
#finish #sylvari #lore

Lol, you have not made a solid argument at all. Like I said, if you have not played That particular Sylvari storyline players have no idea who he is, ANet never said he would be a part of HoT story. Mike O’Brian would argue with HoT not being a complete expansion. Most, if not all, of what you are saying is your personal opinion nothing more or how you see thing’s. A few people have pointed out facts of the story to you, which you are ignoring. You also seem to be the only one who really wants him back. I have seen others saying they wanted to know where he came from, others in the lore forum have pointed to the blighted tree in the HoT maps as to where he came from.
Some storylines like to keep there mystery. Look at the floating castle. It was there in GW1, but nothing was ever done with it. It is still here in GW2, and nothing has been done with it. People have been asking for more information and lore on it for ten years. Mystery can be a good thing.

Secondly, kindly do not tell me where I can, and cannot post. You do not own the forum, or this thread. Please remember that and stay respectful.

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

You also seem to be the only one who really wants him back.

Did you miss mine and others posts about wanting him back or somethin fam. As well as multiple posts on other media and posts that I have seen since HoT released.
Heck, even before HoT released if you count the 2-3 year old ones.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

BrotherBelial.3094

There was specific mentions also that sylvari couldn’t be corrupted by zhaitan, which put even more emphasis on them.

The moment when somebody talks about sylvari doesn’t mean that the game is about sylvari. They couldn’t be corrupted by Zhaitan. That’s just fact, not an emphasis – lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3rh6j0
/spoilers_unawnsered_questions_and_impressions/

The fact that I did not mention about other thingies doesn’t mean that I don’t want them to be finished as well

White Mantle’s lore will be fully locked in Raids. They said that they wanted to add something new but didn’t want it to be next LS.

Shadow of the Dragon is your(player) Dream. Player dreamed about fighting Dragon in the Dream, which actually happened in HoT. Other Sylvaris (npcs) have other Dreams….
Mordy wasn’t doing stuff with Scarlet. He was asleep then. She went into Ley Line Machine, got the knowledge about the world, and woke him up. She was terrorist.
Second time I write this – Scarlet was Kamikaze. She just dropped that nuclear bomb, rest was done by this bomb. She also probably wanted to show the world the true nature of Sylvari.

And for the milionth time – They had Malycks story on their tables, they wanted to implement it, but they didn’t due to HoT launch deadlines. It’s unlikely he’s dead.

So… has anybody seen Malyck?

[/quote]

You are wrong about scarlet. She went in to the machine, after that she could hear mordrmoth, she wasn’t talking to her self, she was taking to to him. Same as the sylvari that downed the zephyrites, he was talking to mordramoth also. Its said through out HoT that they can hear him calling them, commanding them to serve him. That’s why scralet said she knew caiths secret. She new they where dragon minions.

I have no problem with people interpretation of a story being different to mine, but as far as I knew, this was fact.

BrotherBelial.3094

Did you miss mine and others posts about wanting him back or somethin fam. As well as multiple posts on other media and posts that I have seen since HoT released.

No I don’t use other media. To be fair, if they have not done him by now they probably wont. Same if they don’t finish up with what happened with the AC story soon, now the story can pick up that thread with out it being forced in, after 3 years we can kinda put it to bed too that it will just be left.

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

No I don’t use other media. To be fair, if they have not done him by now they probably wont. Same if they don’t finish up with what happened with the AC story soon, now the story can pick up that thread with out it being forced in, after 3 years we can kinda put it to bed too that it will just be left.

Idc if thats what you believes going to happen, thats your own opinion about it. Just don’t go around generalizing that Ops the only one that wants him back lol.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

Malyck, my first love.
…And I can’t remember anymore.

let the sky fall

eNeRgOo.5463

Lol, you have not made a solid argument at all. Like I said, if you have not played That particular Sylvari storyline players have no idea who he is, ANet never said he would be a part of HoT story.

Ekhm…There are other sources which may tell you that Pale Tree is not only one. Malyck is just one of them.
And, because you make me mad seriously now. Here you are, especially for you, because some people are rather annoying than another ones, and you’re in that case.
I have to say that it’s dev quote, because you can accuse me of something else here, hahaha
source – Reddit:

“Malyck was not an oversight. He was in early drafts of the story, and was removed because his story created numerous problems for us both in terms of pacing and narrative. I can’t go into the reasons why without divulging details that would spoil any future use of the character, but suffice to say there were legitimate reasons we pulled him from the story of HoT. I realize that without giving you all a full explanation, that’s a wholly unsatisfying answer for those fans who really wanted to learn more about him. Sorry I can’t offer more than this yet.”

Can you now repeat your words about anet never saying he’s part of HoT story?

ANet never said he would be a part of HoT story.

You see your mistake now? If you want to discuss about something, you have to prepare, because otherwise you say irrelevant things, with all the respect to you I’d feel ashamed in this moment if I were you.

Then why in next quote you say you’ve seen the others saying they wanted to know where he came from? Really dude, what the kitten? I am not the only one. Facebook, Tumblr, Deviantart posts will tell the truth. I am just the one who made forum post about it.

I have seen others saying they wanted to know where he came from, others in the lore forum have pointed to the blighted tree in the HoT maps as to where he came from.
Some storylines like to keep there mystery.

Cannot agree as long as there’s covered Jungle areas where he possibly can be.
As a fan I also heard that theory, but remember that there were more seeds not just Pale Tree and Malyck Tree

Look at the floating castle. It was there in GW1, but nothing was ever done with it. It is still here in GW2, and nothing has been done with it. People have been asking for more information and lore on it for ten years. Mystery can be a good thing.

It’s just an object, not npc who has it’s story. I can say the same about underground sylvari+inquest puzzles in Caledon Forest. Such a mystery, wow, wow. You never actually get to know why it’s there and for what. Completely different case than Malyck, because he says his story, it’s just unfinished.

Secondly, kindly do not tell me where I can, and cannot post. You do not own the forum, or this thread. Please remember that and stay respectful.

Then, kindly, please start to use your brain. Stop to accuse me of something and stop telling me that I am wrong, because it seems you are, especially with:

Moreover! I am always respectful as long as somebody respects me, but if you don’t read previous comments of discussion, if you keep asking questions that were ALREADY answered and if you tend to tell things that are completely not around the truth, then why to join the discussion anyway?

Respects and lovies,
eNe.

BrotherBelial.3094

Lol, you have not made a solid argument at all. Like I said, if you have not played That particular Sylvari storyline players have no idea who he is, ANet never said he would be a part of HoT story.

Ekhm…There are other sources which may tell you that Pale Tree is not only one. Malyck is just one of them.
And, because you make me mad seriously now. Here you are, especially for you, because some people are rather annoying than another ones, and you’re in that case.
I have to say that it’s dev quote, because you can accuse me of something else here, hahaha
source – Reddit:

“Malyck was not an oversight. He was in early drafts of the story, and was removed because his story created numerous problems for us both in terms of pacing and narrative. I can’t go into the reasons why without divulging details that would spoil any future use of the character, but suffice to say there were legitimate reasons we pulled him from the story of HoT. I realize that without giving you all a full explanation, that’s a wholly unsatisfying answer for those fans who really wanted to learn more about him. Sorry I can’t offer more than this yet.”

Can you now repeat your words about anet never saying he’s part of HoT story?

You see your mistake now? If you want to discuss about something, you have to prepare, because otherwise you say irrelevant things, with all the respect to you I’d feel ashamed in this moment if I were you.

Then why in next quote you say you’ve seen the others saying they wanted to know where he came from? Really dude, what the kitten? I am not the only one. Facebook, Tumblr, Deviantart posts will tell the truth. I am just the one who made forum post about it.

I have seen others saying they wanted to know where he came from, others in the lore forum have pointed to the blighted tree in the HoT maps as to where he came from.
Some storylines like to keep there mystery.

Cannot agree as long as there’s covered Jungle areas where he possibly can be.
As a fan I also heard that theory, but remember that there were more seeds not just Pale Tree and Malyck Tree

Look at the floating castle. It was there in GW1, but nothing was ever done with it. It is still here in GW2, and nothing has been done with it. People have been asking for more information and lore on it for ten years. Mystery can be a good thing.

It’s just an object, not npc who has it’s story. I can say the same about underground sylvari+inquest puzzles in Caledon Forest. Such a mystery, wow, wow. You never actually get to know why it’s there and for what. Completely different case than Malyck, because he says his story, it’s just unfinished.

Then, kindly, please start to use your brain. Stop to accuse me of something and stop telling me that I am wrong, because it seems you are, especially with:

Moreover! I am always respectful as long as somebody respects me, but if you don’t read previous comments of discussion, if you keep asking questions that were ALREADY answered and if you tend to tell things that are completely not around the truth, then why to join the discussion anyway?

Respects and lovies,
eNe.

I see you miss understood what I meant, here let me explain it to you, at no point did ANet say, “in HoT you will learn more about him” they did not make a song and dance about him being in HoT. Now can you use your brain? And read what I’m saying and understand what it is I’m saying. ANet never said he would be in HoT. Some random post with out a source link means nothing, also no proof of ANet saying he will be in HoT dose not mean he was going to be in there. Your “quote” just shows they they are probably not going to use him again as they need the story to go in a direction that could go against the “flow” of the current story.

Let me ask you this question. Would you rather he returned in a natural way to the story? Or have him shoehorned in, and not have justice done for him?

Also do you not agree that him returning would be of no consequence to a none Sylvari player as they would have never meat him before. Kind of hard to add someone back in in a meaning full way when any character that’s not a tree has no reference fir him.

Now have a good think before you start ranting and telling me what I should do, there’s a good boy.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Have to admit, until I followed the wiki link provided earlier in the thread, I had no idea who this Malyck was, why he mattered, and why I should care.

Still don’t really care, to be honest. Would it be nice for those who interacted with this NPC to have some closure, sure. Should significant resources be spent on developing one minor supporting character out of hundreds, not really in my opinion.

Too much story time spent on the Sylvari so far as far as I am concerned. It really comes across as if the writers’ own main characters are Sylvari.

eNeRgOo.5463

I see you miss understood what I meant, here let me explain it to you, at no point did ANet say, “in HoT you will learn more about him” they did not make a song and dance about him being in HoT.

They did. Harbinger outfit

Some random post with out a source link means nothing, also no proof of ANet saying he will be in HoT dose not mean he was going to be in there.

My “quote”, (I love that " " you used, like I made up those words in there) has the source in here :
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Dev-quotes-from-Reddit/page/5

But somebody is guess what? NOT READING forum and not following what Devs say.

Your “quote” just shows they they are probably not going to use him again as they need the story to go in a direction that could go against the “flow” of the current story.

When actually it’s otherwise, they say they couldn’t do it, but they also cannot tell what’s going to happen with him in the future.
I am asking about that future in this topic, but seems somebody is #hating

Let me ask you this question. Would you rather he returned in a natural way to the story? Or have him shoehorned in, and not have justice done for him?

It’s been three years (SORRY I MUST EDIT HERE, ITS BEEN SINCE LAUNCH*)I don’t care. I want him back with answers, that’s just it.
I don’t want to wait another three years, I am getting old, I might get incurable disease etc.

Also do you not agree that him returning would be of no consequence to a none Sylvari player as they would have never meat him before. Kind of hard to add someone back in in a meaning full way when any character that’s not a tree has no reference fir him.

First, correct your language. I am not even native but I try not to do mistakes and be understandable at least. My meat friend
Second, well… I don’t agree! Getting to know that Sylvaris come from the Jungle Dragon and Caithe killed Wynne to keep that secret was sooo referencing to other races! Malyck is part of it all, because he’s part of Sylvaris lore. It’s important to make him back, because HoT is done, and now story is around going into Rata Novus.
It would be really poor if they’d go into Rata Novus and leave Sylvari players with tons of questions they gave us in HoT and other ton we had before HoT.
I still am into Rata Novus and Other Tree idea. Like two big discoveries that will happen soon in Stories. Would be really cool. Malyck and Taimi would be my lovied heroes in that time, I just know it! <333

Now have a good think before you start ranting and telling me what I should do, there’s a good boy.

Seriously, what the kitten? You better go MEAT Malyck in the Jungle and his Father/Mother Tree. Maybe you’ll change opinon and behaviour
How about we go together to find him? We could jump from the Mordremoth’s Tower and glide to new map! Or I could use you as a shield to defend me from the rest of mordrems on my way to Maaaaalyyyyck!!!! <3

hahahaha, ha.

(edited by eNeRgOo.5463)

eNeRgOo.5463

Too much story time spent on the Sylvari so far as far as I am concerned. It really comes across as if the writers’ own main characters are Sylvari.

No. Just no.
Other races already existed in GW1, while Sylvaris did not. Our beloved holy Pale Tree was little sapling then, oh wasn’t she so cute?
So, don’t be then surprised that you get to know them a little bit more than the others. Their lore should end with HoT expansion, but problem is that they were speeding with story, so you have lots of questions after it, but I wont write them again.

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

It isn’t so much meeting Malyck again that’s important. Even as a sylvari player I don’t really care that much about meeting him specifically.

However the storyline he’s connected to and what he represents in the narrative IS a big deal. He’s from another Pale Tree. One without the Dream. This is a pretty big event in the lore because it means there could be dozens of over Sylvari “nations” with their own trees and their own cultures that have never even heard of Ventari or his tablet.

Even if you have never played a Sylvari you have to admit that is a big deal. It’s similar to us finally returning to the Blood Legion homelands for charr or rediscovering Cantha for humanity.

I’d be content if we were told those trees were corrupted and turned into Blighting Trees, to be perfectly honest. Just so long as that plot line is fleshed out. If there ever was a time to bring them in Heart of Thorns was it. Season 3 is the follow up season to HoT, so it should at least try to fill in some of the hanging plot threads they left behind before we can fully move on to another dragon.

However in terms of importance, this is how I’d rate it as far as filling out the Sylvari lore threads:
1st. Status of the Mordrem Guard. They pretty much confirmed that without the dragon’s active presence the Sylvari regain their sanity. So what will happen to the Modrem Guard with the dragon dead? This isn’t like the Risen where they just become leaderless. The Modrem Guard are now free from the dragon’s influence and can make their own choices. We could get an entirely new faction out of this, or a very traumatic group of Sylvari who are trying to cope with what they did.
2nd. Status of the Pale Tree. She was badly injured in Season 2 and we never got word from her again. We really need to know if she’s dying or not before going forward.
3rd. Nature of the Dream. Why was Modremoth’s will repelled by it while at the same time being his doorway into the minds of Sylvari? How can the Pale Tree wield it the way she does? Where does it even come from?
4th. Status of the Nightmare Court now that Faolain is dead and they apparently aided us in bringing down Modremoth. (There was a SINGLE Nightmare Courtier at the final battle in Dragon’s Stand. We need more of an explanation for what happened. Are the Nightmare Court allies now?)
5th. The Sylvari’s place in the Pact. How do the other races feel about what happened? Do they distrust Sylvari now? Because at this point they have every right to.
6th. Malyck and the other trees.

I honestly don’t know why Malyck is the one everyone is focusing on so much. I find the lore concerning the Modrem Guard and Nightmare Court a lot more important.

(edited by Ehecatl.9172)

Randulf.7614

It isn’t so much meeting Malyck again that’s important. Even as a sylvari player I don’t really care that much about meeting him specifically.

However the storyline he’s connected to and what he represents in the narrative IS a big deal. He’s from another Pale Tree. One without the Dream. This is a pretty big event in the lore because it means there could be dozens of over Sylvari “nations” with their own trees and their own cultures that have never even heard of Ventari or his tablet

Spot on. Malyck isn’t particularly interesting as a personality or a character. It’s what he implies and symbolises which is key and crucial to the lore. Obviously Anet are privvy to info that we don’t that caused him to be cut, but should we ever hear the full story, I very much expect he could have been worked in whatever the obstacles. This was the time to delve into the lore of sylvari, their role in the wider World, the other Trees, other Sylvari, the nature of Mordrem and Nightmare.

Expacs are campaigns, not TV serials with cliffhangers and “to be continues”. LS seasons barely get away with it, but expacs need to be substantial and with meat, with a conclusion. Malyck is a small part in a wider story that needed to be a part of that.

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Solution. Summer Intern writes a book.

“Malyck fell into a pond of Roundup and died”

Put book in Priory. Drama Over.

They have done it before.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

eNeRgOo.5463

I honestly don’t know why Malyck is the one everyone is focusing on so much. I find the lore concerning the Modrem Guard and Nightmare Court a lot more important.

Nah, I focus on the same things you wrote in your comment but I have to admit that I am more into Malyck’s plot, because he was mysterious, brave and strong. He is also the key of deciphering most of Sylvaris questions. Plus if I remember good he promised he’ll be back. Promise is a promise, sorry not sorry! I just want to reunite with my old friend, because as his friend I am worrying about him. I bet he worries about me too!
But people keep hating. Seems like these are strong times to have npc friend, because people want him to die!

Not telling about Mordrem Guards, Soundless and Courtiers. It’s just one big huge monstrum chunk of skipped story that should be already finished. At least I am waiting for my race lore finish, kind of nice one, not speeded like HoT story

eNeRgOo.5463

Solution. Summer Intern writes a book.

“Malyck fell into a pond of Roundup and died”

Put book in Priory. Drama Over.

They have done it before.

They could do that with Rytlock
I bet you would love it. Like Rytlock fell into Mists and ghosts there ate him.
Over.

Not funny at all.
Malyck where are you?

Spot on. Malyck isn’t particularly interesting as a personality or a character. It’s what he implies and symbolises which is key and crucial to the lore. Obviously Anet are privvy to info that we don’t that caused him to be cut, but should we ever hear the full story, I very much expect he could have been worked in whatever the obstacles. This was the time to delve into the lore of sylvari, their role in the wider World, the other Trees, other Sylvari, the nature of Mordrem and Nightmare.

Expacs are campaigns, not TV serials with cliffhangers and “to be continues”. LS seasons barely get away with it, but expacs need to be substantial and with meat, with a conclusion. Malyck is a small part in a wider story that needed to be a part of that.

HoT was the best time to reveal it all. I thought it’ll be about meeting new societes of Sylvaris and their Trees, uniting with them and killing together the Dragon which would clean our race of distrust among other races. But nah, now HoT is """""finished""""", people moan about Rata Novus and new Dragon. Next expansion is the thing you hear like everywhere when actually we didn’t get the most important things of HoT’s expac.
1) Malyck & his Father/Mother Tree.
2) Legendaries, like all of them!
I am Nevermore going to buy an expansion pack because now I am without HOPE to meet Malyck again, so I’ll probably go and buy Chupa&Chups to chill myself for a while but Malyck is going to be around in my head again.

Randulf.7614

Thanks Flesh, I will point out though the above quote is already used aplenty in this thread

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I’m not saying they shouldn’t finish the story, but there really is Sylvari fatigue (Not helped by the “Every significant character is a Sylvari.”) Hopefully they will finish it, so it can be buried for a while.

BrotherBelial.3094

However the storyline he’s connected to and what he represents in the narrative IS a big deal. He’s from another Pale Tree. One without the Dream. This is a pretty big event in the lore because it means there could be dozens of over Sylvari “nations” with their own trees and their own cultures that have never even heard of Ventari or his tablet

Not really, what’s to say the same thing that happened to the pale tree happened to his tree. But there was no one there to help, also wasn’t he soundless? We already know what happened to soundless in HoT. They served the dragon. Chances are so did he, and if all from his tree where like him, they are gone. I really don’t see it as a big deal. Charr, Asura and Norn didn’t get that much lore building in Eye of the North, and there lore has not been touched since launch. The tree people have been explored enough, I’m nit saying ANet should never expand them more in the future, but not everyone cares, or wants to be in a world that’s all about the trees.

Personally I really don’t see how him coming from another tree is huge. Mordim have to come from somewhere, there are probably loads of trees. All but the pale got corrupted because of the teachings.

Maybe he’ll get stuck in the next raid like the white mantle.

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

We need less salad based stories (#BurnTheGroveDown), and more Asura/Charr centered stories.

so have you ever played the original Guild Wars? Prophecies and Eye of the North was all about Charr, and a good portion of Eye of the North was all about the Asura. It went into great detail about how Abaddon influenced the flame legion, et cetera, and how Primordus drove the Asura out of the ground. I spent a good 3-4 years of my life listening to Anet give me Charr / Asura lore. Let sylvari do things now

(edited by Alex Shatter.7956)

Posted by: Deleena.3406

Deleena.3406

GW1 was mostly a Human story (more about humans issues/encounters with other races in tyria)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

No. Just no.
Other races already existed in GW1, while Sylvaris did not. Our beloved holy Pale Tree was little sapling then, oh wasn’t she so cute?
So, don’t be then surprised that you get to know them a little bit more than the others. Their lore should end with HoT expansion, but problem is that they were speeding with story, so you have lots of questions after it, but I wont write them again.

This is not GW1. The amount of time spent developing the older races in a different game is irrelevant to the amount of story time spent on them in this one. Even so, all of the racial lore in GW2 deviates from what we knew in GW1 due to the passage of centuries and the evolution of those races’ cultures. The fact that the older races’ cultures have centuries, or even millennium, more history than do the Sylvari is a reason to spend more time developing and exploring that history than is spent on the Sylvari in my opinion. Not the reverse.