Massive Achievement Chest

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aiden.6209

Aiden.6209

Well that was generous!

http://youtu.be/15rSbeG-oA8

[JDGE]

Aztro [Engineer] Extro [Warrior] Xilent [Thief] Tyrax Deathrain [Ranger] Krogax [Guardian]

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Yeah I was like O_________O

Very generous chest indeed. Not to mention a title, 15g, 400 gems, and 10 laurels. Very happy with the achievement rewards. I’m closing in on my final chest in the next couple of days but I am very much looking forward to more down the road!

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Yeah, I was quite surprised the amount of stuff you got as well. And even the Experience Scroll I was all O.O (nevermind a free makeover kit). All in all, all the achievement rewards have been very nice and rewarding feeling. I cannot complain about them at all.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I’m waiting for someone to drop in any minute and complain about the rewards from the chest.

The Burninator

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I got the 400 gems and the 15 gold. I converted 13 gold to 400 additional gems and bought the flute.

I do not regret.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

They’ve done an excellent job with the AP system. Many thanks!

Posted by: yanchoy.9176

yanchoy.9176

And even the Experience Scroll I was all O.O

You can also get XP from this chest? oO

/Snow white and the 7 dwarfs and their wives

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

It’s an experience scroll that will instantly put any character under level 20 to level 20.

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

It’s an experience scroll that will instantly put any character under level 20 to level 20.

What if I want to turn a lv 80 character to lv 20…

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

TehPwnerer.7215

By using my expertise in common sense, I am going to say that this is likely not possible.

JustTrogdor.7892

Character select > delete > type name to confirm > character create > use same profession and appearance > use same story options > use same name > use scroll.

The Burninator

JustTrogdor.7892

By using my expertise in common sense, I am going to say that this is likely not possible.

Yes but someone posting that in jest is highly possible. :P

The Burninator

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I’ve gotten quite used to getting these chests everyday. I’m not sure what I’m going to do when my chest fix runs out. :o

TehPwnerer.7215

I’ve gotten quite used to getting these chests everyday. I’m not sure what I’m going to do when my chest fix runs out. :o

Same haha I’ve grown to love them! 7,000 achievement point chest is only 4 days away =( gonna miss em every day!

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

^^^ agreed! right now every day is like Christmas. or your birthday. or a day where you get presents! and theeeeeeeeen…. it will be many days without. : (( lol

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Sadly my the floor around my desk started flooding due to a pipe breaking, making me disconnect my computer. Sadly it is the only computer in the house with a Guild Wars 2 client on it (my brother’s computer can’t handle games anymore, and I’d rather not use my parent’s work computer), so I’ve been chest-less for the last two days… Ugh, I want the shinies~!!!! (/>_<)/ ’ ’ ’

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hmmmm i’m still stuck at 1k achievement points chest because i dunno what zenith skin to choose.

waiting for a better skins unlock system.

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

hmmmm i’m still stuck at 1k achievement points chest because i dunno what zenith skin to choose.

Isn’t there a limit to how many chests you can have waiting to be opened before they get deleted??

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Isn’t there a limit to how many chests you can have waiting to be opened before they get deleted??

what? nuuuuuuuuu.

deng, i better open those boxes now! T_T

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

Heh. I feel a bit silly for working on leveling up some alts right now. Got my Mesmer to 20, my Guardian to 11, and my Elementalist to 7. So I guess I’ll have to decide which of them to really level up. (Once I get 500 more points to get that chest…)

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So it won’t have an affect on a character over level 20?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

what? nuuuuuuuuu.

I highly doubt it. Otherwise anyone who took a bit of a break during this time would be SOL.

Coldin.2840

what? nuuuuuuuuu.

I highly doubt it. Otherwise anyone who took a bit of a break during this time would be SOL.

I think you can only “claim” any achievement chest once per day. Which means you’re only awarded one chest. Which means that if you don’t ever take your chest for the day, you don’t get awarded your next one.

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

It’s not supposed to. But don’t test it. Knowing anet it’s probably bugged and will de-level you to 20.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

what? nuuuuuuuuu.

I think you can only “claim” any achievement chest once per day. Which means you’re only awarded one chest. Which means that if you don’t ever take your chest for the day, you don’t get awarded your next one.

hmmm ya i think this is the case. i only saw one box. the 1k achievement box. nothing else.

so i will not lose my future boxes oh?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Pretty nice chest. I didn’t even realize it gave me gems till later. Got a Total Make Over Kit, exp scroll that takes alt to 20 and a pvp molten sword, among other goodies. Also too many badges of honor filling an entire horizontal bank row at this point, lol…

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Grileenor.1497

Grileenor.1497

It has easily been the best chest I opened in this game. The badges of honor flood my bank too. Don’t know what to do with it g

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Thank you A.Net.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Pretty nice chest. I didn’t even realize it gave me gems till later. Got a Total Make Over Kit, exp scroll that takes alt to 20 and a pvp molten sword, among other goodies. Also too many badges of honor filling an entire horizontal bank row at this point, lol…

Decked out a fresh lvl 80 alt in full exotics with those badges. What else to do with them :p

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Given that you can eventually unlock all of them anyway, just flip a coin or something.
Go with the staff, it’s one of the better ones out of the set. Don’t have a staff user? Perfect time to make one to use experience scroll!

Coldin.2840

Decked out a fresh lvl 80 alt in full exotics with those badges. What else to do with them :p

Pretty much my plan at this point. Once my second character gets to 80, I’ll be able to cheaply deck him out in Exotics.

Posted by: Shala Jarias.9456

Shala Jarias.9456

I still need like 400 points to get my 5000 chest.. so annoying

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

Currently miiiiiiiiiiiiiles away from this chest, but just wanted to say that this is exactly why I love the AP rewards system – I have all this to look forward to!

Glad to see everyone’s enjoying their rewards!

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Yes, I agree, they did a very good job with these achievement chests. And the skins you can unlock are actually good skins, as well. They didn’t go for the cheap and easy road, but they actually took a step back and looked at what is best for the future – the road ahead.

And the road ahead includes concurring China with GW2. This reward system will be a proper incentive for the hopefully massive amount of new Chinese players in the future.

The implementation of the new reward system was a job very well done.

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

I tested. It doesnt. You get an “Error” popup and the scroll stays as it is.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

JustTrogdor.7892

I’m waiting for someone to drop in any minute and complain about the rewards from the chest.

LOL I knew it was going to happen. They just did it in the wrong forum.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/bazaar/Experiance-Scroll-for-5k-point-chest

The Burninator

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Great chest for sure but i wish there was a full (not some crappy shoulders/helmet/gauntlets) armor set exclusive to those who have 5k points.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

OMG this isn’t fair! I took a break for 5months and wasn’t able to get achievement points and so now I will never catch up to people that have been playing!

WTF Anet way to alienate people that don’t play your game regularly!

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

WOW! That’s… alot!!!

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Khisanth.2948

LOL I knew it was going to happen. They just did it in the wrong forum.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/bazaar/Experiance-Scroll-for-5k-point-chest

Boooo! Hisss! Rrrrr! That is what I was going to complain about. Should have made the post instead of going to sleep. Maybe I still can since I have 9 lv80s …

I wonder if the 10k chest is going to give a +20 level scroll.

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

what? nuuuuuuuuu.

hmmm ya i think this is the case. i only saw one box. the 1k achievement box. nothing else.

so i will not lose my future boxes oh?

Correct. You may not access the future ones until you open the 1k one, but they will still be there once you use the 1k one.

JustTrogdor.7892

I hope it has a -20 scroll so then players have a reason to use the +20 scroll without complaining.

The Burninator

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Holy crap! Lots of goodies!

Great, now I feel like I should be logging on and chugging away at those AP points. XD I’m not even up to 3500 yet! (What sucks is that once I’m done on my account, I get to turn around and do it all over again on my husband’s. Someone remind me to smack him later)

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

OMG this isn’t fair! I took a break for 5months and wasn’t able to get achievement points and so now I will never catch up to people that have been playing!

This must be a wind up, surely? Blaming Anet cause you took a break is crazy talk.

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

Khisanth.2948

I hope it has a -20 scroll so then players have a reason to use the +20 scroll without complaining.

Oh and I have not more storage left for these badges!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

We love GW2 more then you do so their Developers love us more than they love you. Makes sense to me I guess. Everything will be reachable to anyone eventually though.

Use the 400 gems to buy more

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Khisanth.2948

Use the 400 gems to buy more[/quote]

That isn’t actually going to work(yet? maybe/hopefully).

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

This… Sadly, I’m expecting one of those “MY PARENTs, GOT ME THE WRONG COLOUR iPOD! WORST PARENTS EVER!” situations.

“WHAT?! ONLY 400 GEMS!? WORST. COMPANY. EVER!!”.

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

So exactly when are they going to implement the Black Lion item that allows us to increase the stack of items from 250 to 500? My bank is at max and almost full. <- And that’s all I can complain about.
I am a happy player.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

You know… I have to admit… I’m tempted like never before to go into sPvP just to try on the different skins I’ve been getting.

And you know what else… that’s freakin’ brilliant of ANet. Absolutely brilliant. Well played indeed.

#TeamJadeQuarry