Mastery Point Unlocks

Mastery Point Unlocks

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Michella Long Legs.4579

Michella Long Legs.4579

Hello All,

In the wiki under “Mastery Unlocks” it says that many story episode completions like “Breaking the Blade”, “Crime and Punishment”, “For the Legion” and so on gain a Mastery Point.

So, I took characters that had those story tracks and ran through them again. However, I did not get a Mastery Point from any.

Is the Mastery Point only available if you have not completed the story already? Or is there something I am missing? What gives? It would be nice to gain Mastery Points if I can.

Regards,
Michella

Always choose to have a wonderful day.

Mastery Point Unlocks

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

You get 1 mastery point for a story step, but only if you haven’t done any of the chapters of this step already.
For example: “Breaking the Blade” will only award you with a mastery point if you have not finished “The Commander”, or “The Trial of Julius Zamon” already. If you already have done one of these with another character, you already earned the mastery point for this story step and will not gain another. I hope I summarized it in a understandable way :s

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Mastery Point Unlocks

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

In other words, you get 1 Mastery Point for completing the level 10 story, 1 point for the level 20 story, and so on, until you finish the original story in Cursed Shore. Doing the level 10 story on a second character doesn’t give you another point, you only get a MP once per “chapter” of the story.

Mastery Point Unlocks

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Again, if you have already done those stories in the past but before the mastery system was introduced, those mastery points were given to you retroactively when the mastery system was introduced. So you are not missing out on anything.

There are tons and tons of ways to earn mastery points, I am now at 170 and still have 10 HoT points and some 12 core points left…

Mastery Point Unlocks

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The Wiki also states (before listing the unlocks):

There are 66 Central Tyria points available. Note that for the Hero achievements, a mastery point is only awarded the first time a player completes the personal story arc for that level (25 achievements, from which 11 points are obtainable).

So, yes, one Mastery Point per story level arc per account.

Mastery Point Unlocks

Michella Long Legs.4579

Hello All,

I completed the stories BEFORE the Mastery Point System and did them again after Mastery Point was initiated.

I did not get any Mastery Points the first time through because there were no Mastery Points. Now, with these story already completed I will not get any Mastery Points from repeating?

That is, to me, kinda lame. AreanNet institutes a new system and because you have finished story tracks prior you cannot take advantage of the new system?

Regards,
Michella

Mastery Point Unlocks

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You were awarded any and all Mastery Points for tasks completed prior to the release retroactively. Everyone was. =)

Mastery Point Unlocks

Posted by: loat.8601

loat.8601

Hello All,

I completed the stories BEFORE the Mastery Point System and did them again after Mastery Point was initiated.

I did not get any Mastery Points the first time through because there were no Mastery Points. Now, with these story already completed I will not get any Mastery Points from repeating?

That is, to me, kinda lame. AreanNet institutes a new system and because you have finished story tracks prior you cannot take advantage of the new system?

Regards,
Michella

You get the mastery points for achievements already completed. When I bought HoT I automatically had 18 mastery points available.

Mastery Point Unlocks

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Too bad there was a long lag in telling support about getting MPs from story chapters and the wiki had it wrong. According to it if I did a level of the PS on several races I should have gotten a MP on each one and nothing on it said otherwise. I had a support ticket in for months about missing MPs.

Mastery Point Unlocks

Michella Long Legs.4579

Hello All,

I looked at Mastery Tracks and Points. I gained experience for first tier mastery

If I started with 18 that means I would have NINE left?

I did not. I earned all the rest I needed so far.

Regards,
Michella

Mastery Point Unlocks

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Hello All,

I looked at Mastery Tracks and Points. I gained experience for first tier mastery

If I started with 18 that means I would have NINE left?

I did not. I earned all the rest I needed so far.

Regards,
Michella

Read what people have written already. If you did the story you unlocked the point, even if you did it before HoT. Not complicated.

Mastery Point Unlocks

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can earn 8, and only 8, Mastery Points account-wide from the Personal Story. You can also earn other Mastery Points that were awarded retroactively. You can consult the Wiki for a list of all available Core Tyria Mastery Points.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks#Central_Tyria_mastery_points

Good luck.

Mastery Point Unlocks

Michella Long Legs.4579

Hello All,

Supposedly when Heart of Thorns is purchased you are awarded retroactive Matery Points, IE for Personal Story chapters already completed, achievements also done, Karika Queen , Evolved Jungle Wurm, etc.

I currently have earned 24 points and received NONE on the purchase of Heart of Thorns. Support says they cannot, meaning to me will not, award the missing points.

I wish ArenaNet would fix something this important and take care of us that paid $100 or more for Heart of Thorns.

I understand that sometimes it take a little while to get bugs out, but this is ridiculous. I should be way beyond where I currently am with Mastery Track.

I really am upset at ArenaNet for not fulfilling it’s obligations to me.

I have contacted support and it has taken two weeks to just get them to acknowledge that Mastery Points were supposed to be awarded for the above when Heart of Thorns was purchased.

It makes me feel like ArenaNet wants your monies but doesn’t want to give you what they are supposed to after they get it and cares nothing for us who support them.

Has anyone else had difficulties with retroactive Mastery Points awards?

Regards,
Michella Long legs.4579

Attachments:

Mastery Point Unlocks

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Well considering that you already spent most of them on masteries…

Mastery Point Unlocks

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Looks like you’ve used several of your Core Mastery Points. Can you be more specific about Mastery Points you feel you’ve earned but not been awarded?

Perhaps, you could refer to your previous thread on this subject and the answers provided within:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mastery-Point-Unlocks/first#post6276984

Good luck.

Mastery Point Unlocks

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Your screenshot shows that you’ve earned 38 mastery points. 18 in Core Tyria (2 unspent), and 20 in HoT (2 unspent). That screenshot also gives no evidence that you’ve been shortchanged mastery points…. you’ll need to go though your achievements that grant mastery points 1-by-1 (as well as count how many HoT mastery locations you’ve unlocked), totaling them all up to show how that result is different than what your current screenshot shows you’ve earned.

I suspect that you are the one who’s miscounted.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Mastery Point Unlocks

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

Something to bear in mind when working out how many mastery points you should have is that the UI is rather misleading for the points awarded for completing personal story, and makes it look like there more points available than there actually are.

The achievements panel shows 1 point per race for chapters 1-3, and one point per order for chapter 4, but you can only get one point per chapter, awarded for whichever race or order you complete the chapter with first.

So for example, you’ll only get mastery point for whichever of following achievements you complete first, and no points for the other four:

Crime and Punishment (human)
For the Legion! (charr)
Waking from the Nightmare (sylvari)
Rising to the Challenge (norn)
Graduation Day (asura)