Mega Boss loot changes

Mega Boss loot changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

ArenaNet’s biggest problem is not rewarding players, people don’t want to earn a small portion of token currency for their main reward. People want to get cool loot and this game does not deliver on that front, instead it’s here’s a breadcrumb! Soon you’ll be able to make a whole loaf of bread!

I think the thing that ultimately will put me off GW2 and abandon this game is all the players who feel so kitten entitled to every reward/loot there is without so much as lifting a finger to get it all. I seriously hope I don’t meet them all in the next MMO and if so, I hope that MMO company has the balls to tell them right upfront, this game is going to be grindy for end-game rewards, kitten off if you’re here expecting to be kitted out in the best gear within a month or two of the game’s launch.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

This is a good fix- something needed to be done and fast.
This will stop the insane farming.
Kudo’s

Gunnar’s Hold

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

Kudo’s

Farming is bad .. how?

Oh wait, because YOU can’t do it, no one should. Right?

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

As for the people complaining about the change – All thats happened is the “gauranteed” rare is now a “daily chest” reward, the same as fractals or a dungeon. Not a biggy at all.

PER ACCOUNT, that is a HUGE difference!

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Kudo’s

Farming is bad .. how?

Oh wait, because YOU can’t do it, no one should. Right?

What?
Farming world events so that they become horrible lag fests where people camp out for 30 min without bothering to do the pre-events just so they can be part of a fight that lasts 2 min where you can’t see your skill bar?
This is good how exactly?
Have you actually done them?
Why are you quoting me?

Gunnar’s Hold

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

isnt this change even harsher then expected? you could get 1-3 rares (maybe 4?) from the chest and now its just one no matter what (or an exotic blah blah). the bigger problem is the fact that ALOT of ppl dont even contribute to the events or pre-events leading up to it, they just stand around at the end waiting to hit the boss 10-20 times and get their bronze for the chest.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

Finally! Good move Anet.

Btw, why do people have so much difficulty understanding the message?!?!?
Most of the posts are questions and replies about what Isaiah (the Dev) has written.
Read the messages carefully before asking the same questions over and over again.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

As for the people complaining about the change – All thats happened is the “gauranteed” rare is now a “daily chest” reward, the same as fractals or a dungeon. Not a biggy at all.

PER ACCOUNT, that is a HUGE difference!

Not really, what with the number of events that actually have reward chests. There will still be overflows, there will still be people complaining. We will still have people blaming “guesting” for the issues when they dont even know if a player IS guesting or not.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

This isn’t a solution to fix the overflow/lag problem, as this “fix” will do almost nothing to fix that, this is to protect Anet gem sales

/conspiracy theory

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

No farming allowed, no ecto allowed, no dosh allowed. The gems must flow.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

So…

Instead of changing the timers to being completely random (which I think is what puts the “dynamic” in dynamic events, but I digress) they opted to nerf it only for people with multiple 80’s. Hilarious. I wonder how many of these alt-crazies will stick around if things continue down this path. I mean, the message they started sending with the laurels system suddenly became a whole lot clearer.

Oh, and another thing: please don’t think this change was made because of the QQ around guesting. Most of you should be smarter than that.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Szamsziel.5627

Szamsziel.5627

May I ask for one explanation – because it is not clearly stated. The guaranteed in “daily-like” chests is “rare” or “rare or higher” item?

Suggestion to Anet – in such limitation – please add some way to track your
status – if particular boss has already been killed on account. It would be nice to have this in achievement list to mark goals – like current daily achievement list.

And one “conspiracy theory” – Anet support having alts for us… on condition that you’ve bought second copy of game and have second account. Then you can :
dual box to help yourself with hard events,
have 2 * dailies,
have 2 * dragon chests
and so on

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

So…

Instead of changing the timers to being completely random (which I think is what puts the “dynamic” in dynamic events, but I digress) they opted to nerf it only for people with multiple 80’s. Hilarious. I wonder how many of these alt-crazies will stick around if things continue down this path. I mean, the message they started sending with the laurels system suddenly became a whole lot clearer.

Oh, and another thing: please don’t think this change was made because of the QQ around guesting. Most of you should be smarter than that.

A random timer doesn’t really help. All it does is eliminate the waiting game.

What will happen without a timer is that people in proximity will see the event starting, and go “SHATTERER PRE-EVENT UP” or “JORMAG UP” in their guild chat, leading to a huge influx of players entering the map simultaneously which will almost guarantee pushing it into overflow each time. We kind of see that right now, as a matter of fact, as not everyone actually pays attention to the timers.

I think that makes matters worse, much worse.

If not for the QQ (whether it’d be guesting or not), why else did you think they made this change? Should I give you a tinfoil hat?

I’m guessing you’ll probably say they did it to slow down progression, although getting rares doesn’t speed up getting ascended (via laurels) in any way whatsoever. I also really doubt this is the case at all, as getting guaranteed rares in the first place contradicts “the slowing down of progress”.

(edited by Heijincks.9267)

Mega Boss loot changes

Iehova.9518

If not for the QQ (whether it’d be guesting or not), why else did you think they made this change?

They pretty much state it explicitly in the red post. Overflow/guesting QQ has nothing to do with it, it’s MUH ECONOMY all over again.

Mega Boss loot changes

Heijincks.9267

If not for the QQ (whether it’d be guesting or not), why else did you think they made this change?

They pretty much state it explicitly in the red post. Overflow/guesting QQ has nothing to do with it, it’s MUH ECONOMY all over again.

Okay, so they mentioned the economy. In the same red post, they also reflected on player QQ, so tell me that it had “nothing to do with it”.

Whichever the case, many players (as demonstrated in this thread) are quite happy with the change. I wouldn’t say Anet didn’t account for that.

Mega Boss loot changes

Iehova.9518

Okay, so they mentioned the economy. In the same red post, they also reflected on player QQ, so tell me that it had “nothing to do with it”.

Considering Anet’s previous track record, MUH ECONOMY is pretty much the keyword to invalidate all player feedback and nerf kitten into the ground. Remember how Arah3 was badly touched like 5 times just because of that? Remember the Svanir fractal forest loot nerf?

Whichever the case, many players (as demonstrated in this thread) are quite happy with the change. I wouldn’t say Anet didn’t account for that.

Many players are also stupid.

There could’ve been a better way to handle this fiasco. Making the dragon chests appear only on your home server is one of them. Removing the daily dose bullkitten is another.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

Have to agree i don’t bother with the dragon events,but affecting orr events as well is sad?
tbh they could have done it so ppl don’t get the chests server hopping as a guest.

I Guess buying them char slots with real money is a waste of my money now.
what else is going to get nerfed so us ppl who have alts cannot do them.

(edited by XxTAFxX.6741)

Mega Boss loot changes

Heijincks.9267

Considering Anet’s previous track record, MUH ECONOMY is pretty much the keyword to invalidate all player feedback and nerf kitten into the ground. Remember how Arah3 was badly touched like 5 times just because of that? Remember the Svanir fractal forest loot nerf?

Given what occurred recently, they guaranteed rares, AND on multiple characters. Why didn’t they do what they’re doing now in the first place? It directly contradicts your claim.

Many players are also stupid.

There could’ve been a better way to handle this fiasco. Making the dragon chests appear only on your home server is one of them. Removing the daily dose bullkitten is another.

You must be the world’s best genius if you call others who don’t share your opinion “stupid”.

I don’t think making the dragon chest appear only on the home instance is the best solution. First of all, the intention of guesting is to allow other players to play on other servers the same way if they transferred servers, except for joining WvW (which is the disadvantage almost every player agrees on having). Why sell it out?

Secondly, I don’t think removing DR would solve the problem either. Even the lowest population servers have the overflow/lag problem. Guesting isn’t a one way thing when it comes to this. If you transfer away from your server, others will transfer to yours. Removing DR simply keeps the players in their own server, and without the limitation, the lag remains; just that no one guests.

Mega Boss loot changes

SadieDeAtreia.8912

I really feel sorry for those who think this change will be the end of overflows on high population servers.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Wish they placed more effort in the PVE culling and event lags. Also, the living story is kinda dull to be honest.

Wish people would stay on topic and not start talking about completely unrelated things they think are more important.

Btw, why do people have so much difficulty understanding the message?!?!?
Most of the posts are questions and replies about what Isaiah (the Dev) has written.
Read the messages carefully before asking the same questions over and over again.

I also don’t get this. The initial post by Isaiah has already been pretty clear, then Martin even explained this further and people still don’t get it? The community’s reading comprehension seems to equal that of a six year old… even my little sister would have understood this by now.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

mmm… I knew Anet would nerf the rewards somehow… So I will do extra efforts to gather the 250 ectos for my legendary before the nerf.

Mega Boss loot changes

Iruwen.3164

So…

Instead of changing the timers to being completely random (which I think is what puts the “dynamic” in dynamic events, but I digress) they opted to nerf it only for people with multiple 80’s. Hilarious. I wonder how many of these alt-crazies will stick around if things continue down this path.

Yeah right, because you clearly participate in those world events with all of your alts in one day because you like to play them so much and not because you simply want to farm the chests. At least be honest. And obviously you don’t get the change as well, you’ll still get a chest with every character, just not the guaranteed rare. That must be really hard to understand. Maybe the greed is blinding.

(edited by Iruwen.3164)

Mega Boss loot changes

Iruwen.3164

mmm… I knew Anet would nerf the rewards somehow… So I will do extra efforts to gather the 250 ectos for my legendary before the nerf.

I’m playing maybe twice a week for a few hours, not since release and I didn’t reach level 80 until this year, I never farmed any events, I have only one character with which I’m playing mostly WvW and I already have 100 ectos. Gathering a stack of 250 ectos within reasonable time really isn’t a problem. We’re talking about people with too much time salvaging loads of rares for several full stacks of ectos within relatively short time here, flooding the market. And while we’re on it, the gem exchange conspiracy theory is quite stupid considering it’ll probably hurt black lion kit sales more than increasing them since there will be less rares for salvaging.

Mega Boss loot changes

Iehova.9518

Given what occurred recently, they guaranteed rares, AND on multiple characters. Why didn’t they do what they’re doing now in the first place? It directly contradicts your claim.

People (read: I) have been clamoring for guaranteed rares back in September. Going “THANK YOU BASED ANET FOR SOMETHING WE SHOULD HAVE HAD HALF A YEAR AGO” is dumb.

You must be the world’s best genius if you call others who don’t share your opinion “stupid”.

No, people who voice their stupid opinion are stupid.

I don’t think making the dragon chest appear only on the home instance is the best solution.

It’s a better solution than restricting the rares to YET ANOTHER kitten account-wide daily dose bullkitten.

The problem with DR was its kitten poor tuning that it was noticeable for people who were, and I quote, “playing the game”. I’ve always been of the opinion that goldsellers need to be punished but not in a way that affects regular players. Dungeon DR was thankfully “fixed” to reflect that.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

Thank you Anet.

Regardless of people not getting loot/overflows/guesting/ectos etc, I think it’s a really good thing they’re scaling this back. It’s a bit sad to see guildies/worldies jump to the same half dozen waypoints all day in the vain hope of getting an exotic or your guaranteed rare.

Mega Boss loot changes

Riss.1536

Getting dungeon tokens from CoF and up, then buying cheap rare gear with them (a hat costs 30 tokens) is just as good if not better.

CoF is already cakewalk, HoTW a bit harder but still cakewalk, CoE is cakewalk, but I’d avoid Arah.

True, but I don’t want to be forced partying for farming.

Mega Boss loot changes

Iruwen.3164

That’s the spirit…

Mega Boss loot changes

Iehova.9518

Have fun soloing dungeons for your 500 tokens.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

This is a great change and how it should have been since the start.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Mega Boss loot changes

Heijincks.9267

People (read: I) have been clamoring for guaranteed rares back in September. Going “THANK YOU BASED ANET FOR SOMETHING WE SHOULD HAVE HAD HALF A YEAR AGO” is dumb.

We’ve had guaranteed rares since forever. At least 2 is acquirable per day absolutely guaranteed with minimal effort. It’s called dungeon tokens.

No, people who voice their stupid opinion are stupid.

I don’t think making the dragon chest appear only on the home instance is the best solution. It’s a better solution than restricting the rares to YET ANOTHER kitten account-wide daily dose bullkitten.

The problem with DR was its kitten poor tuning that it was noticeable for people who were, and I quote, “playing the game”. I’ve always been of the opinion that goldsellers need to be punished but not in a way that affects regular players. Dungeon DR was thankfully “fixed” to reflect that.

In context with this, I’m guessing you’re saying everyone who agrees with the changes are “stupid”. Yet your opinion is no better than any other. Neither is mine.

Before I start, remember that while you have people guesting to your server, people from your own server also guests to other servers.

Restricting loot to the home instance is a better solution… according to you. This assumes that guesting is the problem here. Let’s look on the big scale of things objectively shall we? First of all, how are you so sure that overflows can’t happen without guesting? If guesting isn’t the sole contributor to overflows, then there’s no point in restricting chests to be only lootable on home ground. Second of all, removing the incentive to guest means less player allocation, so if guesting wasn’t the source of the problem, it’d only make a lootable home chest redundant.

The suggestion that DR should be removed for this case also necessitates the assumption that guesting is the issue. I’m not saying it’s a good thing, rather, it probably won’t solve the problem.

With all that said, this is speculation. Anet has the figures here, not any of us.

(edited by Heijincks.9267)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Vewen.8016

Vewen.8016

Definitely a necessary change. There was too much guesting and farming abuse with the old system. Having account wide chests makes the most sense as far as balance goes.

People can be bitter about this if they want but it’s going to happen whether they like it or not. The world does not revolve around your ability to farm rares.

Thing is, the change doesn’t fix that. You can still get loot from the chest, with the possibility of an extra rare or better. So people will still do the events with their alts for the hope of that extra rare, the only thing that changed is that people will end up with less rares. This is a change to the economy, swept under the rug of gameplay.

I’m only annoyed that Anet constantly changes their view on this game. I cnan clearly remember John Smith said some time ago that the ecto price now was fine. And suddenly they change it again. It probably won’t double, but a rise in price is inevitable.

Mega Boss loot changes

Riss.1536

Have fun soloing dungeons for your 500 tokens.

Yeah… Whatever… I already have all the gifts except the gifts of grinding T6…

Mega Boss loot changes

SadieDeAtreia.8912

So…

Instead of changing the timers to being completely random (which I think is what puts the “dynamic” in dynamic events, but I digress) they opted to nerf it only for people with multiple 80’s. Hilarious. I wonder how many of these alt-crazies will stick around if things continue down this path.

Yeah right, because you clearly participate in those world events with all of your alts in one day because you like to play them so much and not because you simply want to farm the chests. At least be honest. And obviously you don’t get the change as well, you’ll still get a chest with every character, just not the guaranteed rare. That must be really hard to understand. Maybe the greed is blinding.

You may have misunderstood. My post was not meant to incite this type of rage.
The underlying message is just that, with every update, there seems to be less and less incentive for people to make alts.

As for the rest of your remarks, I’ll only say this:
Do you really, even for one moment, think that these events constituted an alternative to farming gold via CoF speedruns or playing the TP? It’s the casuals with multiple alts who benefited most from these events.

Mega Boss loot changes

Iehova.9518

We’ve had guaranteed rares since forever. At least 2 is acquirable per day absolutely guaranteed with minimal effort. It’s called dungeon tokens.

Irrelevant, we’re discussing event chests.

I’ll reply to that wall of text later™.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

Less incentive for alts?

Apart from playing different classes/races? Jesus, the number next to the little yellow circle in your bank tab isn’t the be all and end all in this game. If you’re that bothered about making money in a GAME, you should be playing EvE.

Mega Boss loot changes

Szamsziel.5627

The issue is that it is few times better to have alts on different accounts than on one.

As I wanted to play with each class/race to see the story (bad thing is that after low level personal story is common for all races/profs) I have and use alts. The issue is – that I’m able to fully equip only one character. After Nov patch, the amount of gold in my bank oscilated around…. 4. I was happy when I was able to buy additional slot for character/bank tab. My runes are crafted by myself, the same for armors. After change for chests I was able to at least gather some decent stuff.

The gold farmers would be using the different accounts – and this is probably the way I should start with. They won’t be impacted by this change. As I can see it is just straight info from Anet – buy another copy for each char to have fun. Or be prepared to be nerfed.

Shortly : If I sell (illegally of course) the gold I’ve used to buy bank tab/char slot for real money, I would earn enough to legitimately buy another copy and have :
More char slots, more tab slots, more daily rewards, more monthly rewards, more “guaranteed chests” and so on. Is that what is supposed to be???

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Kintari.4172

Kintari.4172

Wait I can’t AFK auto-attack for welfare rares on every character anymore? The injustice! World is ending!

Kintari | Rintaki | Rin Taki | Kian Tir | Zahinn | Lith <<< Blackgate >>>

Mega Boss loot changes

Iruwen.3164

Gold sellers would never farm those events at all. It’s way to inefficient and public.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Halo.1679

Halo.1679

I agree that something needed to be done about the way these chests were being done.

The larger problem is that people are so starved for decent drops in the rest of the game, that when something like this comes along you rush in to farm it.

Used to get multiple rares per day and an exotic every now and then just from playing content in the open world. Now you are lucky to get one rare in a day. So, of course people are going to abuse these events when drops are garbage everywhere else. Still have yet to get anything but blues from champs…

Mega Boss loot changes

Iruwen.3164

It’s called “common” and “rare” for a reason.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Ruggy.7819

Ruggy.7819

People still crying over this change.. get a grip please, this is something that is ONLY good for the game, the fact players took it upon themselves to time/camp/farm events that were designed to be cool one off’s is a shining example of when a dev should step in and alter this toxic playstyle.. think about it for more then 30 seconds before posting more tears :P

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: proxy.7963

proxy.7963

I didn’t really like hopping all over the place just to do Dragons and Maw for easy loot. Made me feel dirty.

Thanks to ANet for managing my compulsions for me!

Behold: Opinions!

Mega Boss loot changes

Conner.4702

People still crying over this change.. get a grip please, this is something that is ONLY good for the game, the fact players took it upon themselves to time/camp/farm events that were designed to be cool one off’s is a shining example of when a dev should step in and alter this toxic playstyle.. think about it for more then 30 seconds before posting more tears :P

Think about it 30 seconds more, maybe you’ll realise this change doesn’t fix anything. It’s a band-aid on a broken leg. People will still camp events and still cause overflows. Sure it won’t be as much, but it will still happen all the time during primetime.

As a fix it is simply not thought through.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Robbyx.1284

Robbyx.1284

Yea…and now people will simply go back to farming plinx and temples over and over and over and over…..

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: HypnoticEyes.2683

HypnoticEyes.2683

1 thing I’m wondering about the rare loot: Despite most boss chests giving 1-3 rares now from chests, Megadestroyer sure isn’t giving that. Most common seems to be blues for most players. Will that boss change to a fixed rare/day/account also? Would make the fight worth it again for sure.

Mega Boss loot changes

Szamsziel.5627

Just one question what is causing the most problems with the current loop? If overflows it may be due to fact that it is enough to hit dragon/maw/behemoth few times to get the credits and chest?
So why to not implement a solution which count the number of preevents,events which has been completed in the area BEFORE killing Boss in specific time period (last hour or so)? Then people would actually play, and not just hop from one event to another.
Also instead of punishment (taking away something which was given is kind of punishment) make incentives for fights – for example – one char kill chain of all dragons – give him laurel? gold? gem? The same for other areas.
Make also champions in area counts – any (even small but guaranteed) reward – taking into account time needed to kill champ.
This is carrot way, not a stick.

Mega Boss loot changes

Conner.4702

The longer this thread goes on the more mad people seem to be getting.. you are having a laugh if you didn’t think this was a change coming sooner rather then later in some form :P

Players railed against Anet for introducing a gear grind.. and here we see players just doing it to themselves for the sake of it, plenty of people on my server (desolation eu) pretty much farm these bosses all day long.. they time them and camp them till they spawn.

It’s completely correct for them to try to fix this kind of playstyle.. anything else is just wrong tbh.

You are forgetting the fact that they never needed to fix it untill they themselves added it a few weeks ago. It was not an issue a month ago,

Whats the point of adding something just to take it back a few weeks later.

This is exactly why we need a test server.

A test server is great for checking new content and testing new fixes. This however, isn’t something a test server would catch.

And they’re not adding it and then taking it away o.O. They’re restricting it to prevent an unintentional side effect of farmable boss events via guesting.

So once again people with alts get screwed over. This is NOT a good fix at all. Limiting what people can do by putting a hard lock on something is showing they didn’t actually want to fix it. And here’s the thing it will not fix anything at all. Just lessen it a bit. People, you are still going to get overflows as people mainly play in primetime. So those that play in the off hours always got their rares anyway.

I’m going to point to this post and scream I told you so. Over and over again after the patch.

And what do you propose as a fix? You can’t fix overflows, and you can’t fix hardware limitations. You can change the reason why people guest to such extent. The root of the problem was people simply using guesting to farm boss events. Solution? Well, you could completely disable guesting, or you do what a lot of people suggested on the forums. You make the desired loot (rares in this case), a reward that only happens once per account.

This doesn’t affect people who don’t guest/farm this stuff. So I assume you are one of those people who guest/farm these events?

1) I don’t do these events at all unless I am already on the map.
2) Guesting never was the problem here. So this Fix won’t fix anything for overflows.
3) I have given solutions many times in various threads go check my post history I am not going to repeat myself just for you.
4) Restricting gameplay is never a good solution for anything. You need to widen the possibilities not limit. I also pointed this out in the same various threads.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: DubzGTI.8170

DubzGTI.8170

I know my comment on the matter is practically buried at this point, but I just wanted to add my 2 pennies to say I feel this is a good thing indeed. Yea I participate in the events once a day like everyone else to get my guaranteed rare, but some of the boss battles were seriously getting out of hand. For example, last nite on FA we took down the jungle wurm in about 10-15 seconds…there were some people who were waiting on the fight for a while that couldn’t even get a hit in.

So ya, guaranteed rare per account per day is not only fair, but should have been implemented from the start, that should thin out some of these crowds a bit. If I have but one suggestion, think about adding more mega bosses, like one event chain per zone could spread out the crowds even further…

Barely Broken
Asura Mesmer – Fort Aspenwood

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: bpphantom.8243

bpphantom.8243

I like this change. I still get my rares, I can keep going for the randoms on alts. Nice.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman.”

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: DubzGTI.8170

DubzGTI.8170

For a lil europian dipkitten i bet your use to geting lied to hence the eruo failuer …..but for the rest of the world anet is the worst bag of liars i have encounterd in my 25 plus years of gaming i understand trying to fix overflow but dont use excuses on why your chaning things be honest you dont want people to get precursor drops ect dont say its cause theres to many yellows on the market.

First off, before you start ranting about failures, spell check your post. 25 years gaming experience ( which I’m sure looks great on a resume) made me LoL btw.

Anet hasn’t lied about anything. They implemented a solution to a problem – which was overly generous IMO – that had unforeseen consequences. No test scenario in the world would have caught it. I honestly believe the one guaranteed rare per account per day deal should have been implemented from the start.

I’d think after 25 years of real world gaming experience would give you atleast some manner of hindsight to understand the rationale of making a mistake. If you’re really not happy, go back to WoW, see if Blizzard treats you any better… >.>

Barely Broken
Asura Mesmer – Fort Aspenwood