Mega Boss loot changes

Mega Boss loot changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

What I want to know is how does this affect my chances of getting final rest?

- No effect because the better loot change will still be in place and that’s what made it start showing up in the chests….or
-Chance greatly decreased because it was affected by the guaranteed rare

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Kets.5894

Kets.5894

Thank you ANET!

This is a fantastic idea and was desperately needed, the original system was a tad broken.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

This was a needed change to some extend, the world events had become too crowded for the wrong reason: Grind.
I felt like i HAD to do the events every day on all my characters to keep up.
Very often people got 2-3 rares from the chests. This means that there is a pretty huge chance of getting an additional rare or exotic besides the guaranteed rare.
So basically if you’re lucky you can still farm all the events on 8 characters and get 30 rares a day. Note: Only if you’re lucky.
This change is for the better, but i don’t think it will fix the event camping and in general im just against rng. People will still camp the events, the only difference is that now only the lucky people will get 20 rares a day.

…. Im screwed.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

This was certainly needed and not only because of overflow. This event- and alt-hoping after timers and waiting for events to start seemed almost like having a second job and had the potential to kill the gaming experience in my opinion.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

As a casual player this change is very good for me. My play time will not be dominated by bosses and my rares/ecto will be worth more.

It will definitely cut into the pocketbook for farmers, which is bad for them but also good for me, since they will now be more likely to farm T6 mats and help keep those in a more affordable place.

Overall a good change for the majority of players.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: LordGustoff.3752

LordGustoff.3752

I’m willing to wait an see how this change plays out before I complain, but for a semi-casual like me I have a feeling I am going to feel like once again, the gold/material acquisition for my time played is once again going to be inadequate – especially considering the rising cost of T6 materials.

We’ve been playing the loot yo-yo game for 6+months. Can you guys PLEASE take a look at physical Gold drops in the open world and maybe buff that a bit, instead of tying loot so heavily into a persons gold income?

If you did what they did, you would have what they have.
You have what you have because you do what you do.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Looks like a good compromise that doesn’t kill guesting. Looks like Arenanet listened to the more reasonable players who stated on this forum that Guesting wasn’t the problem, but that it was the change in Loot that was the problem.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

I do not know why you rant about beeing forced to grind while you insist in alt hopping to camp events which for me feels exactely like that -grinding.

You can still do like 10 events which give you a guarantied yellow each every day plus the chance of getting more from the chests.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: DubzGTI.8170

DubzGTI.8170

The chests usually gave me 2 rares 50% of the time, so farming them on multiple characters should still be valid. Unfortunately, I don’t see this change really changing anything. I’m still encouraged to AFK farm these events and for solo players, they’re still more rewarding than playing in the open world.

I just want to point out that alt’s were not designed as farming tools. Ofcourse people use them that way. Also I fail to see how Anet has encouraged you to ‘afk’ farm mega bosses. They put that there if that’s what you like to do, but it’s completely non essential.

With that said, I ultimately fail to see how any of this is Anets fault at all. They provide the toys to play, if your idea is standing around doing repeatitive tasks for a guaranteed yellow, as boring as that sounds, so be it. The system in place right now, even after this change is far superior and generous than it was up to 2/26.

Barely Broken
Asura Mesmer – Fort Aspenwood

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Dimeschemo.5493

Dimeschemo.5493

ive got over 2000 hours in this gaem and havent seen one pre drop ever last night i went to look for spark on tp 1 spark today theres 5 all for 700 gold which means i have to break out my ZERKER ALT and GRIND cof p 1 over and over only becuase the exploit of the npcs not following you like as in other games is taken advangate of to the point where over flow is not only on dragon events but the preevent to cof on some servers is overflow wtg anet

Mega Boss loot changes

eisberg.2379

ive got over 2000 hours in this gaem and havent seen one pre drop ever last night i went to look for spark on tp 1 spark today theres 5 all for 700 gold which means i have to break out my ZERKER ALT and GRIND cof p 1 over and over only becuase the exploit of the npcs not following you like as in other games is taken advangate of to the point where over flow is not only on dragon events but the preevent to cof on some servers is overflow wtg anet

That is painful to read.

What?

Mega Boss loot changes

Dimeschemo.5493

That is painful to read.

What?

its true too i have done it all to try and get precursor even dumped 150 gold on rare daggers u name it everthing i see on you tube forums i never ever see it ever

Mega Boss loot changes

Dimeschemo.5493

s o how isnt anet lying about drop rates and obtainablity of preweapons

Mega Boss loot changes

DubzGTI.8170

For a lil europian dipkitten i bet your use to geting lied to hence the eruo failuer …..but for the rest of the world anet is the worst bag of liars i have encounterd in my 25 plus years of gaming i understand trying to fix overflow but dont use excuses on why your chaning things be honest you dont want people to get precursor drops ect dont say its cause theres to many yellows on the market.

First off, before you start ranting about failures, spell check your post. 25 years gaming experience ( which I’m sure looks great on a resume) made me LoL btw.

Anet hasn’t lied about anything. They implemented a solution to a problem – which was overly generous IMO – that had unforeseen consequences. No test scenario in the world would have caught it. I honestly believe the one guaranteed rare per account per day deal should have been implemented from the start.

I’d think after 25 years of real world gaming experience would give you atleast some manner of hindsight to understand the rationale of making a mistake. If you’re really not happy, go back to WoW, see if Blizzard treats you any better… >.>

they lie about drop rates and grinding let me guess your a fan boy right
hopefuly people stop playing the game and anet takes the money they never made off this game and go die like your self,ya food bank going mom can i have another game and hasnt beatin any of the games you play renting them from video stores and now pirate bay DL like gimi a break kid go look for your self i picked the game up to not grind like they said way way what 8 months ago on top of it go read the post it self they said because of overwhelming turn outs but (overwhelming the market in rares) READ IT its all lies get it into you LIES they just dont want people to have fun anet is not your boss you shouldnt defends them to your last breath

First off, you need to learn an effective use for period’s. Also please explain to me – proper English preferred – how Anet has lied about anything. I fail to see any legitimate point you tried to make in the above post beyond a whine fest rant.

Barely Broken

Mega Boss loot changes

Dimeschemo.5493

For a lil europian dipkitten i bet your use to geting lied to hence the eruo failuer …..but for the rest of the world anet is the worst bag of liars i have encounterd in my 25 plus years of gaming i understand trying to fix overflow but dont use excuses on why your chaning things be honest you dont want people to get precursor drops ect dont say its cause theres to many yellows on the market.

First off, before you start ranting about failures, spell check your post. 25 years gaming experience ( which I’m sure looks great on a resume) made me LoL btw.

Anet hasn’t lied about anything. They implemented a solution to a problem – which was overly generous IMO – that had unforeseen consequences. No test scenario in the world would have caught it. I honestly believe the one guaranteed rare per account per day deal should have been implemented from the start.

I’d think after 25 years of real world gaming experience would give you atleast some manner of hindsight to understand the rationale of making a mistake. If you’re really not happy, go back to WoW, see if Blizzard treats you any better… >.>

they lie about drop rates and grinding let me guess your a fan boy right
hopefuly people stop playing the game and anet takes the money they never made off this game and go die like your self,ya food bank going mom can i have another game and hasnt beatin any of the games you play renting them from video stores and now pirate bay DL like gimi a break kid go look for your self i picked the game up to not grind like they said way way what 8 months ago on top of it go read the post it self they said because of overwhelming turn outs but (overwhelming the market in rares) READ IT its all lies get it into you LIES they just dont want people to have fun anet is not your boss you shouldnt defends them to your last breath

First off, you need to learn an effective use for period’s. Also please explain to me – proper English preferred – how Anet has lied about anything. I fail to see any legitimate point you tried to make in the above point beyond a whine fest rant.

expect a infraction idc about you at all troll

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

this is a welcome change, now please just make all Group Events more enjoyable for large crowds (we still have Maw, Wurm ecc getting obliterated in few seconds…)

Mega Boss loot changes

eisberg.2379

Other then scavenger hunt for pre-cursors, which they have not stated when it will be released nor ever hinted at it, is the only time they talked about another way to find precursors.

So what are they lying about, because it seems like you are stating something that Arenanet has never stated.

Mega Boss loot changes

Dimeschemo.5493

Other then scavenger hunt for pre-cursors, which they have not stated when it will be released nor ever hinted at it, is the only time they talked about another way to find precursors.

So what are they lying about, because it seems like you are stating something that Arenanet has never stated.

my guildes said that event is not coming after all.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Dimeschemo, I can understand that you are angry that you can’t obtain a precursor weapon be it because you are unlucky or whyelse. And even though I’m not interested in a legendary at all I’d like to see a way for people to obtain it without having to rely on luck or loads of money. However THAT topic is only related as a sidenote to the loot-changes they announced. Like I understand their statement you still get loot from the chests, only the guarantied yellow loot is distributed once per day and event and account.

Mega Boss loot changes

eisberg.2379

my guildes said that event is not coming after all.

Incorrect.

Read both of Colin Johnson’s posts here http://www.guildwars2guru.com/arenanet-tracker/topic/250635-wheres-the-scavenger-hunt-post/

it is coming, sometime in the future.

Mega Boss loot changes

Dimeschemo.5493

if increaed means garentee yellows and then they complain about iut for next patch i mean really folks REALLLLLLLLY

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

if increaed means garentee yellows and then they complain about iut for next patch i mean really folks REALLLLLLLLY

Could you try saying that again in a language that doesn’t only exist in your head?

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Mega Boss loot changes

DubzGTI.8170

I hear the voice of Sloth from the Goonies when I read your post’s LoL. Also, dude, 2000 hours…playing a video game…I actually feel sorry that you obviously don’t have much of a life, so I take back my LoL from above.

The drop rates are the same as they ever were. I myself along with other players go through high’s and low’s of RNG, it’s the absolute same in every other game I’ve played with RNG. However, Anet implemented a system where you have 100% to receive 1 guaranteed rare per account per day – if anything that is wildly generous.

Please show me a game that has a similar system with guaranteed rares…guaranteed for a couple minutes worth of AFK-able participation.

Barely Broken

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: lisamee.2408

lisamee.2408

The problem as a whole is lack of items to play for (level 80’s) in the entire game. So they bunch us all up in a few locations that give one or two items…..then one month later add restrictions to it, lol.

Why not just add many more items that we want to the game, and spread them out in the world. This is the least we expect in a game. Many games have botters, and gem shops. But they don’t take away the reasons we play for (loot/treasures/items) and make us play in tiny locations with strict limitations to get the loots.

Mega Boss loot changes

Iruwen.3164

The problem as a whole is lack of items to play for (level 80’s) in the entire game.

How about the inability of people to “play” for anything else than items?

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I’d of preferred that they just got rid of being able to get the chest (or guaranteed rare) if you were guesting. Hell, it should have kicked guesters automatically if a server native tried to get into the map. This could have been solved multiple better ways.
Like others have said, Anet keeps kittening people over with multiple alts.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Mega Boss loot changes

Dimeschemo.5493

plain and simple go kill deathwing get good loot why why when i killjor teq and otherso called bosses i get a kittenING YELLOW

Mega Boss loot changes

Dimeschemo.5493

its so a greedy few gm can contorl the market
noone in the game should have 2000 gold if dungeons only awards 26 silver

Mega Boss loot changes

eisberg.2379

I’d of preferred that they just got rid of being able to get the chest (or guaranteed rare) if you were guesting. Hell, it should have kicked guesters automatically if a server native tried to get into the map. This could have been solved multiple better ways.

Disagree, this is a good compromise that doesn’t break guesting, and is better for the over all game cause now the economy won’t be flooded with Rares. it is clear that Home server is just for WvWvW purposes, and that home server means nothing in PvE.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: KINGRPG.3492

KINGRPG.3492

It is a solution that makes the game not fun anymore, but it’s not a problem for me because anyone can make money from CoF path 1 up to 20-70G per day.

Sorry for my beginner English / http://www.kingrpg.net My Blog

Mega Boss loot changes

Dimeschemo.5493

Disagree, this is a good compromise that doesn’t break guesting, and is better for the over all game cause now the economy won’t be flooded with Rares. it is clear that Home server is just for WvWvW purposes, and that home server means nothing in PvE.

for the 10 hours it takes chasing all the dragons down i could sit in the middle of cursed shore and farm events and get MORE yes i said more yellows then the bosses drop

Mega Boss loot changes

eisberg.2379

for the 10 hours it takes chasing all the dragons down i could sit in the middle of cursed shore and farm events and get MORE yes i said more yellows then the bosses drop

ok? Then do that.

Mega Boss loot changes

Dimeschemo.5493

The real and only problem is guesting and the reason it was made wasnt to go be with other server friend it was to make dungeon runs on cof easy and server wide a really kitteny atempt at a party finder is all guesting is concidering there is a party finder already in the game that is more basic then firefox insult rooms

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

After reading Martin’s answer on here this doesn’t seem that bad. The guaranteed rare will come once per account. But you can still come back with alts and do it and still have a CHANCE of a rare coming out of the chest. Also it looks like the precusars and exotics are still coming out of the chest.

So when doing the event on an alt, you could end up with a precuser, exoctic, rare, green, or a blue. Back to having a chance at something, with the a guaranteed rare once per account. I think I like this change. Should help keep the overflows down, but still be able to run the events with alts to try my LUCK on getting something.

Hjorje

Mega Boss loot changes

Iruwen.3164

i kittening hate this game and where its gone and yes i will leave

Well I guess you’ll leave this forum first, I just tried to report your posts but they’re all already reported. I don’t think the moderators are too happy with people swearing and insulting developers.

After reading Martin’s answer on here this doesn’t seem that bad. The guaranteed rare will come once per account. But you can still come back with alts and do it and still have a CHANCE of a rare coming out of the chest. Also it looks like the precusars and exotics are still coming out of the chest.

So when doing the event on an alt, you could end up with a precuser, exoctic, rare, green, or a blue. Back to having a chance at something, with the a guaranteed rare once per account. I think I like this change. Should help keep the overflows down, but still be able to run the events with alts to try my LUCK on getting something.

Exactly, thank you for partially restoring my faith in humanity.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I’m not sure why some people can’t understand that if rare things get common, they drop in value and then your loots won’t be worth anything.
It’s a good thing that drop rates of rare things are low for your income.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Of the news that I could have woken up to today, this wasn’t really high on my list of favorites.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

plain and simple go kill deathwing get good loot why why when i killjor teq and otherso called bosses i get a kittenING YELLOW

Can you not understand the huge difference in skill required to kill a raid boss in any raid (for example Deathwing) and the world boss called Tequatl? You just stand still, start auto attack and then get your loot. Fear is just a minor obstacle that was probably added to prevent afking the fight altogether.

Mega Boss loot changes

Iruwen.3164

To be honest, last time I played WoW several years ago the open world dragons have not been anywhere remotely as easy (say: stupid and boring) as the dragons in GW2. Hell, fighting world bosses like Doom Lord Kazzak actually was challenging.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’m not sure why some people can’t understand that if rare things get common, they drop in value and then your loots won’t be worth anything.
It’s a good thing that drop rates of rare things are low for your income.

Cheap rares are better for my income than no rares. And it’s not like they were worth much in the first place, even before drop chest upgrade.
Besides, i don’t sell them, but salvage for ecto. Which i gather also not for selling, but for personal use.

Also

The best chance for named exotics and precursors was from the guaranteed rare being upgraded to exotic (in truth, it was not a guaranteed rare, but a “rare or better” drop). With the lower number of guaranteed good drops, chance for precursors will plummet. Also, it’s not sure if the “rare or better” part will be retained at all – we might get “just rare” from now on.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: BlueL.7382

BlueL.7382

This is not a solution. It is Anet telling me its pointless to have more than one chars. This actually hurts a part of the player base imo. Anyway its not the first time they do it and it will probably will not be the last:)

Mega Boss loot changes

Iruwen.3164

This is not a solution. It is Anet telling me its pointless to have more than one chars. This actually hurts a part of the player base imo. Anyway its not the first time they do it and it will probably will not be the last:)

If you have multiple chars only for farming a guaranteed rare at the few world events that give such a chest, then you’re right.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Szamsziel.5627

Szamsziel.5627

But if you devoted your time and effort to :
level alts to desired level, equip them to survive boss fights, explored world to get waypoints for dragons and so on, i think it is fair to treat 1 char owner and multiple chars owner in the same way. If there is a chest – allow all chars get it.
Overflow servers for dragons I’ve seen only when there is end of fight. If you are willing to do preevents – then there always is a space. If you intend just to hop in and shoot few times on dragon – then you should expect that you are not the only one with such idea.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Aranel.2837

Aranel.2837

From a personal standpoint, I understand why this was done — and in many ways I agree with it. But, in the long run it is only a short term solution. Fast and easy, if not a lazy response altogether.

It had become a source of irritation to me, to see large masses of people camping bosses, harrassing people after they guested to the server to be a nuisance and farm that boss, clogging servers, and ganking it before it had a chance to breathe — instead of playing the game. On the other hand, once you’ve leveled up to 80, there isn’t much else to do in the game but sit there and do that. It’s not pointless to have more than one character — I have several — but it is rather pointless to find much to do once you’ve done everything on them.

So it is a sign of a much larger problem that isn’t being addressed. Makes me really appreciate GW1 even more, when things were simple, the market wasn’t chokeholded, and stuff was easy to obtain with some effort.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

So, much fewer (but slightly more valuable) rares/ectos…

Then again, it also means I won’t be tempted to waste another >hour farming 14 more events on my other 80s.

Oh well. Thank you based Anet for helping me not blow more time than I already do on GW2.

Disciple of Quag

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Zog.3954

Zog.3954

You still get a chest even after the first kill. The only difference is that the 1 rare isn’t guaranteed anymore. Do more events and its almost the same since every event ( that has a chest reward ) has a guaranteed rare upon first time completion.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Heliosra.7095

Heliosra.7095

Whilst I can see some of the reasons why (Overflows/Chumps guesting), this news is awful.

I’ve made 8 characters, all classes, all 80. Mainly because I wanted to play all the classes at top lvl in PvE & WvW (sPvP is total toshballs and I completely ignore it because it’s rewards aren’t interchangeable)

Now I shouldn’t even have to say why this update shafts me, it should be obvious. Yes I spend a lot of time playing; But then again I have worked for this, everything I’ve got I deserve 100% (I deserve well more if you ask me but my luck on drops seem to be awful).
A few days ago I did T the Sunless 6 times in 1 day using 6 of my charaters to gain the rewards – I don’t guest for World bosses, I stay in my humble home server (So I’m not creating overflows in a server that isn’t mine). Now explain why don’t I deserve rare drops for each character?

Do you even know how long it takes getting 8 characters to 80? And now I’ve got 8 80’s… I’m ready to really kick it into top gear, and you’re saying that regardless of all my hard work I can no longer claim the rewards. Telling me that I might as well just have 1 character… like an effin’ noob…

You should only get 1 per day yeah. Because YOU haven’t put the time and effort into this to have more than 1 character, so you can have 1 – Thats fair.
I, on the other hand have 8, and if I use all 8, I should get 8 rewards. Its taken me 8 times longer so why no cake?

Being treated like some illegal farmer when I’m just trying to get the most out of the game, not cool.

Mega Boss loot changes

DubzGTI.8170

What ever did you do with all those alt’s a month ago, you know, back in the day when you were lucky to score a rare at all?! Now guaranteed rares are limited to once per day, per account, per boss…effort = to auto attack for 1k damage.

Seriously, all those alt’s will just retire to the sea of uselessness now like every other alt in every other game…ever! Not even sure boss farming is even considered fun, sounds more like a job to me >J>

Barely Broken

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Zog.3954

Zog.3954

Whilst I can see some of the reasons why (Overflows/Chumps guesting), this news is awful.

I’ve made 8 characters, all classes, all 80. Mainly because I wanted to play all the classes at top lvl in PvE & WvW (sPvP is total toshballs and I completely ignore it because it’s rewards aren’t interchangeable)

Now I shouldn’t even have to say why this update shafts me, it should be obvious. Yes I spend a lot of time playing; But then again I have worked for this, everything I’ve got I deserve 100% (I deserve well more if you ask me but my luck on drops seem to be awful).
A few days ago I did T the Sunless 6 times in 1 day using 6 of my charaters to gain the rewards – I don’t guest for World bosses, I stay in my humble home server (So I’m not creating overflows in a server that isn’t mine). Now explain why don’t I deserve rare drops for each character?

Do you even know how long it takes getting 8 characters to 80? And now I’ve got 8 80’s… I’m ready to really kick it into top gear, and you’re saying that regardless of all my hard work I can no longer claim the rewards. Telling me that I might as well just have 1 character… like an effin’ noob…

You should only get 1 per day yeah. Because YOU haven’t put the time and effort into this to have more than 1 character, so you can have 1 – Thats fair.
I, on the other hand have 8, and if I use all 8, I should get 8 rewards. Its taken me 8 times longer so why no cake?

Being treated like some illegal farmer when I’m just trying to get the most out of the game, not cool.

Do other events and you get 1 rare for each event. For more info, see: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/19kvqk/list_of_world_bosses_events_with_the_new_chests/

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

This was a much needed change. I approve. Boss events had become too popular for all the wrong reasons.

The only reason people flocked to meta-events in the first place was because the meta chest loot is far better than any other chest loot in the game, including dungeon chest loot.

The only way I could see any possible fix is to upgrade dungeon chest loot to be closer to meta-chest loot, but instead, like always, ArenaNet goes with with the least popular idea.

Honestly, we don’t need (and I don’t want) 30, 40, 50+ people “flocking” to these events. They can be beaten with much, much fewer numbers, and with much less lag and other performance issues.

The world of Tyria will keep on spinning just fine. All the other events in the game do just fine without throwing rares at the players for 1 – 2 minutes of “work”. Maybe next time I happen to be by an event like The Maw, I’ll actually see the boss spawn before he dies.