Mega Boss loot changes

Mega Boss loot changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rifter.6591

Rifter.6591

Both. The limit that you could open the chest once per day and character was there before. So now you have: 1 guarantied yellow for each account and event and day plus the ability to loot the chest once with each character and event and day.

Oh im aware that what was ment, its just that the way it was worded in those 2 quote is , well lets just say less than clear and leave much room for different interpetation, which is probably why there are so many confused people.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

The more I think about this, while agreeing something needed to be done, this looks like yet another panic patch with no finesse or thought having gone into properly designing a solution.
ArenaNet are bouncing from pillar to post at the moment.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Well have mercy with the community staff. I think they were not aware that not everyone was familiar with the recent changes. Even though I would think that especially those who fear that the loot will become to bad should be familiar with that since I guess they had experienced that one box per character themselves.

What they are primarly saying is that beside the guarantied loot everything else stays the same like now. If it is actually the case we will see.

Mega Boss loot changes

Rifter.6591

The more I think about this, while agreeing something needed to be done, this looks like yet another panic patch with no finesse or thought having gone into properly designing a solution.
ArenaNet are bouncing from pillar to post at the moment.

They have been flip flopping for a while now, thats why i said in my first reply to this thread that since its obvious they like telling us how to play their game by limiting the loot/gold/income/drops to very specific locations i just wish they would pick something and run with it and stop flip flopping.

Mega Boss loot changes

Mungrul.9358

It’s not even that; they’re not leaving changes in place long enough to see if the community will naturally balance them out.
They keep fiddling instead of waiting to see. They have no confidence in the changes they make, so why should we have confidence in them?

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

It’s needed in MMO’s to keep people from devouring content too fast and then coming to forums to rage/whine/complain about having nothing to do while more content is being created.

It’s not needed and people who clear everything sanic fast and proceed to kitten about lack of content are idiots.

Mega Boss loot changes

Pirlipat.2479

It’s not even that; they’re not leaving changes in place long enough to see if the community will naturally balance them out.
They keep fiddling instead of waiting to see. They have no confidence in the changes they make, so why should we have confidence in them?

To be honest I am happy that they react relatively fast and do not wait several months creating a false security and than take it out entirely or something like that. I personally do not camp events and such stuff to get as much as possible from a certain oportunity before it gets taken out again.

Mega Boss loot changes

Rifter.6591

I dont think anyone has any confidence left in them after this latest announcement anyways.

I mean seriously think about this.

They release patch that draw a large majority of the playerbase out of dungeons, WvW, PvP and back into the open world to the point its causing performance issues and overflow.

If you talk to any other MMO dev and ask them what they would do if they had so many players showing up every day to do world events they would tell you they would be throwing a party because that is generally what you want, players out in the world doing events.

Anets reaction on the other hand? Oh no to many players are out in the world doing events, must nerf them again!

Doesnt really make any sense to me.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

If they are just moving the guaranteed rare to anther chest. Then you only get that rare once a day.

The event chest will not included the guaranteed rare, but will still have a chance rares dropping.

What ever the your loot is now in the event chest. Subtract one rare from each chest. Then add one rare to the total for the day.

Mega Boss loot changes

Pirlipat.2479

For me the bossdrops are very different from dailies. You get a guarantied good loot but still you have plenty of oportunities to gain good loot from other mobs. Ofc the droprates are low but you still can get stuff from something else.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

If they are just moving the guaranteed rare to anther chest. Then you only get that rare once a day.

The event chest will not included the guaranteed rare, but will still have a chance rares dropping.

What ever the your loot is now in the event chest. Subtract one rare from each chest. Then add one rare to the total for the day.

Why so complicated?
Guaranteed rare per event per day is now account-bound instead of character-bound.
Martin’s post was perfectly clear.

~Tarnished Coast~

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Shaolin Steve.1358

Shaolin Steve.1358

They gave it 3 weeks. Ecto prices went from 38s to 25s in that short period. Anet also observed a goodly number of people were rotating all their L80’s through the chest events, and not doing a whole lot else.

It’s likely they let it go this long to see if ppl would grow tired of running alts + they didn’t. The ecto was just too good. I was one of these, and truthfully I look forward to getting back to a more sane pace.

Mega Boss loot changes

Pirlipat.2479

I do not get your argument entirely. You have choices, you have dungeons, you have several events with loot, you can still farm mobs for mats. It is not that those events are the one and only opportunity to get loot. The loot is pretty good there, sure but you have several other ways to do something and get a reward.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Szamsziel.5627

Szamsziel.5627

Long term solution – add “chest” chance to all areas. Reward the completion of number of distinct tasks performed in area. So when I’m alting – I do not need to go to find “big event” – in every area I am I know that there is a good chance for rare drop.

Something like skritt burglar, but with better timer setting. I’d love to hear being on any map – “Guys, come, the big event on …. is starting, come and help”

(edited by Szamsziel.5627)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Shaolin Steve.1358

Shaolin Steve.1358

You are correct, dailies will work short term but will fall flat on their face long term.

Short term player retention will go up but long term it will start to tank.

While I agree dailies can be seen as a grind, I think they were implemented to get people out of their comfort zone. So they throw in a few targets that are under-utilized.

If you play the game naturally, you should see 4 out of 5 dailies completed without doing anything extra. Then just touch up for #5 and you have your laurel + shot at BL kit etc. (Although I haven’t gotten a BL kit in forever..)

I do like the ability to track not only dailies but also the slayer achievements and whatever others I’m closing in on.

Mega Boss loot changes

Pirlipat.2479

What irks me the most is the daily dose bullkitten. Did someone play too much WoW and think “HEY EVERYTHING ON A DAILY LOCKOUT IS A SMART IDEA LET’S IMPLEMENT THAT HERE”?

It’s needed in MMO’s to keep people from devouring content too fast and then coming to forums to rage/whine/complain about having nothing to do while more content is being created. You clearly know this though.

Erm no, good content is what keeps people playing. Dailies like these have the opposite effect as it will burn people out faster. Give people choice, give them goals. That daily carrot will only look appealing for a short while.

I didn’t ask your opinion. I’m telling you what the reality is.
I don’t care what you think good/bad content is.
If you don’t like dailies, don’t do them, I could care less.

Well you’re pretty narrowminded aren’t you. Well if you don’t care why reply at all. I think you need a reality check though. Dailies is not what keeps people playing, but sure keep living in a dream world.

Why not let the developers and the professionals and experts who get paid to make these decisions do their job. You can play the game and enjoy it, or not.
Either way stop pretending like you know what’s best for the game. You have very limited information on which to base any argument on what’s best for this game in the short-term or long-term.

You folks should both stop to pretend to be able to look into the developers or players minds. You both give opinions.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Imryn.2879

Imryn.2879

“In the next release we will adjust the way that world mega bosses award their loot. The current chests will stay lootable once per day per character, but each boss’s guaranteed rare item drop will be moved to a separate chest (visually similar to daily achievement reward chests) that can only be acquired once per day across an account.
Our intention with this change is to keep providing rewarding loot for world mega bosses while avoiding overwhelming participation in boss fights (and overwhelming the economy with rares) from players cycling through each character slot for each boss every day.”
Isaiah Cartwright

I wish this message had been made clearer. Specifically:

1. Are rare drops currently supposed to be guaranteed, and if so what it the in-game appeals procedure to follow when you do not get a rare (this has happened to me several times recently)?

2. Does this change only affect rare drops or does it affect rare or better drops?

3. Will the current chest still retain the possibility of containing exotics and specifically pre-cursors?

Tbh I think this is a terrible solution to a problem that ANet created through their own lack of foresight. If they had thought through the obvious consequences of the changes to guesting before they implemented those changes they could have completely avoided this situation.

The simple and fair fix is to limit access to “mega” event chests to players on their home server, and to spawn mega events concurrently in main and overflow servers.

That way they would eliminate the benefit of using guesting to participate in mega boss events and at the same time eliminate the downside to being put in an overflow server.

Players who have taken the time and effort to level up multiple characters to level 80 should be able to gain a benefit from those alts to offset the extra money / time they need to spend outfitting them, and there are already far too many “per account” limits in place.

Finally, to the people who say “but I want to play with my friends AND get rewards” my answer is this: Talk to your friends and PICK A SERVER. Then you can all move there and play together.

“I swung a sword. I swung a sword again. Hey, I swung it again. That’s great.”
- Colin Johanson on ArenaNets design philosophy for GW2

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Are rare drops currently supposed to be guaranteed

Sigh, “each boss’s guaranteed rare item drop”, how does that sound to you?

what it the in-game appeals procedure to follow when you do not get a rare (this has happened to me several times recently)?

File an ingame bug report, take a screenshot and write a support ticket.

Does this change only affect rare drops or does it affect rare or better drops?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mega-Boss-loot-changes/page/2#post1657551

Will the current chest still retain the possibility of containing exotics and specifically pre-cursors?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mega-Boss-loot-changes/page/2#post1657551

I don’t want to be rude, but may I ask if you’re dense?

If they had thought through the obvious consequences of the changes to guesting before they implemented those changes they could have completely avoided this situation.

Maybe they know this wasn’t caused by guesting because they know the FACTS?

The simple and fair fix is to limit access to “mega” event chests to players on their home server

How’s that fair? Why shouldn’t you get the big chest once when guesting with your friends? That’s exactly what the system was made for.

and to spawn mega events concurrently in main and overflow servers.

Events don’t start at the same time, especially those with prequests.

That way they would eliminate the benefit of using guesting to participate in mega boss events and at the same time eliminate the downside to being put in an overflow server.

Completely unproven claim.

Players who have taken the time and effort to level up multiple characters to level 80 should be able to gain a benefit from those alts to offset the extra money / time they need to spend outfitting them, and there are already far too many “per account” limits in place.

You still get the normal chest with every char, including the chance for a precursor. Th time required to level to 80 is a joke and there’s absolutely no need to equip them for event farming, you can go there almost naked.

Finally, to the people who say “but I want to play with my friends AND get rewards” my answer is this: Talk to your friends and PICK A SERVER. Then you can all move there and play together.

You probably don’t have that many friends, so I’ll forgive you for that.

Because we have no faith in them doing their jobs well or properly?

They couldn’t make the game they advertised, why do you think they could do anything close to what their jobs should be?

This game and community is a joke, and one I had to pay for.

The internet is a funny place, people come to other people’s homes and tell them they’re stupid. Try that in real life and enjoy the beating.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Balance doesn’t mean nerfing everything down to the same level.

This. x1billion.

I said in another post before. ANet devs seem to think that “Nerfing = Balance”
The devs will never, ever see this in their eyes because it’s always changes based off metrics and “what the numbers have shown us”.

You complainers are just bad weather journalists. You have nothing to stand on.

They buffed something so good, impacting the game in a negative way.
As in:

• Overflow servers got hit too much during these events, affecting other gameplay in the same area.
  • People with many alts had a huge advantage over people that only have one character.
  • People used the guesting system in order to fix their problem of missing out on an event.
  • Market flooded (slightly?) with ectos, rares and exotics.
  • Specific meta events became more or less the focus of the game and were out of balance with the rest of the game. (Imo, they still are)

With the positive side that:

• People got a much better reward for these group events.

And after they saw what happened, they nerfed it down again. Because , seriously, this game is not only about farming the same group events with 5 billion alts over and over and over again.

Resulting in an overall BUFF to these specific group events.

It’s how ArenaNet works. They put something in, saw it went over the top, (and honestly I thought it went out of control myself) And then put it back in balance.

We STILL get guaranteed rares. (which we didn’t before)

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

Let’s just think of what can go wrong here (or rather will go wrong, as ArenaNet have proved time and again that quality assurance is not the Live Team’s strong suit).

To paraphrase Martin, these rare reward chests will behave much like the ones that drop from monsters in the world when you get “Special” loot.
We all know how successful THAT’S been.
How many times have you opened one of these little chests only to find that your “Special” loot is blue or worse?
I’ve had numerous ones of these chests just give Porous Bones for example.

I foresee lots of angry users posting reports of no yellows from these new reward chests.

You are not understanding correctly and your paraphrase is outright wrong.

He said, and I QUOTE DIRECTLY: “visually similar to daily achievement reward chests”.

You are referring to the little chests which appear in the world. They were fixed last patch and I have no had a single non-yellow from one since then. They have nothing to do with this, though.

Martin is referring to “virtual” chests like the Daily chest. So when you kill a Dragon you get the big loot chest (which might have a rare in or not), in the world, and a “Daily”-style “virtual chest” in the bottom-right of your screen.

Hopefully that clears that up for you.

Mega Boss loot changes

Mungrul.9358

Yeah, someone else already pointed that Eurhetemec if you’d bothered to read the rest of the thread.
I understand the urge to point out that someone is wrong on the internet can be overwhelming, but please, take your time before jumping in.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: clay.7849

clay.7849

However, this change is a good change because there was nothing balanced about being able to get the best loot in the game

Best loot in the game? Rares are 3rd best.

Personally this won’t affect me that much because I don’t have the time to go from event to event with multiple alts but the usage of ectos is increasing so why is it a problem if the supply increases? Its not as though ectos are the rarest item in the high level recipes. Plus the supply should increase to encourage high level crafting more. As it is apart from cooking crafting has become a way to level nothing more.

Plus did anet really not foresee this happening? It would show a remarkable lack of foresight if thats true. There would be no QQ if the original system had been changed to this in the beginning.

Well, considering that there is no place to get guaranteed exotics, I fail to see what place has better loot drops?

But, I agree with the rest.

Mega Boss loot changes

Szamsziel.5627

As in:

• Overflow servers got hit too much during these events, affecting other gameplay in the same area.

That’s the excuse. Overflows are created only for the event in progress when plenty of players want to exploit the last inch of Mega Boss health to get reward. Other gameplay in this area is not much impacted – if you played there earlier, you won’t be kicked out. If you hadn’t and want to connect to play not this event but gather resources/explore – what’s a problem with being in overflow?

• People with many alts had a huge advantage over people that only have one character.

Correct. But people with alts devoted plenty of time and effort to get the alts to appropriate level to get good staff. Even for MAW event – the exo is given only to those with lvl > xxx (80?)

• People used the guesting system in order to fix their problem of missing out on an event.

Not only. People which have LIMITED time to play (for example 1h in late evening) due to other duties, want also to have fun – kill some dragons, get reward. They are questing to have even time to participate in event.

Personally I do not complain. At least prices was reasonable for non farmers. Now we will go back to the scenario that rich get richer and poor ones…

• Specific meta events became more or less the focus of the game and were out of balance with the rest of the game. (Imo, they still are)

Thats also true. However Anet is just perfect example how to do that Karka event – overflows everywhere, problem with connection. After event – the whole area is ghost town.
Fractals – when started LA was overcrowded. Now only LFG and guildmates is the obly way to gather group.
Dragons – they were giving good drops before infamous November patch. Afterward it was hard to gather team to kill any of dragon. Now when I’m in area there is map chat : pre events started, what is a status of dragon, what status of pre events and so on. At least I feel that area lives. Earlier I was doing 100% explore on empty maps.
Dungeons – Good drops, so it will be nerfed and noone will care. Now it is hard to gather group for story or non-speed path. COF p1 and 2? I can just ask and the group is there. Try to find group for path 3….
Champions – before Nov there was some rush to kill it when champion on map arise. Now everybody just skip the fight because time spent is not worth the reward. I know – fun matter – but killing Nagel giant for 3rd time is just repetitive and boring.
Temples run – it is still ok, I wonder when it will be nerfed.
Mad king tower – it was fun. Really fun and reward for completion was nice. Even on the following attempt. I’d really appreciated that this is per character so I’ve got there for each own char.

Solution? Give some good, guaranteed staff which is soulbonded. Maybe also salvageable but with no ecto. (maybe some other not-so rare and overpriced mat). Then there is no problem with farming events.

Please provide more incentives to explore and spread on the world. Better drops – not from kills but from events. Why to not add “daily like” chest after completion an event? Group events – for example 10% chance of rare item, 2% of exotic. One player – 1% of chance for rare and 0.1% for exotic. The chance should increase with doing events in area (and reset after actually giving rare/exotic)

And one more complain : reward for completion of personal story is laughable. Sorry, but I've just killed the dragon! The dragon everybody was afraid of! the one which caused 3 orders to join efforts!. Please give me a title to be wear with pride. Give me (GW like) cape to confirm that. Maybe town clothes to show that I’ve done that. In GW1 after completion you could exchange for really nice skin weapons. please do that here as well.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

@Szamsziel.5627
Well no you did not just “I’ve just killed the dragon! The dragon everybody was afraid of! the one which caused 3 orders to join efforts!” it was there commanders etc… its like you just kill a vent version of a dragon.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Stupid change.

At least revert the original chest back to the old crappy drops instead of making it old crappy drops just once per character per day.

The “daily” rare chest is fine, but to leave the original chest at once per character per day is just ridiculous. Once again anet has shown that they’re not really thinking things through.

This is pretty much just going to make it so people just do the one time daily and then ignore the event all together.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Mega Boss loot changes

Szamsziel.5627

So why I cannot have Dragon Slayer or Commander of (Vigil/Order of Whisper/Priory) title to shown off? Cost for implementation from ANet is minimal. And this is some incentive to finish story with different orders?

The point is : there is no incentives whatsoever, and when ANet add something (like guaranteed drop) then shortly it is limited and then limited more and more.

The conspiracy theory : ANet dont like players to have gold, because then they will buy gems with gold and there is no gain from TP.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: kenshinakh.3672

kenshinakh.3672

Stupid change.

At least revert the original chest back to the old crappy drops instead of making it old crappy drops just once per character per day.

The “daily” rare chest is fine, but to leave the original chest at once per character per day is just ridiculous. Once again anet has shown that they’re not really thinking things through.

This is pretty much just going to make it so people just do the one time daily and then ignore the event all together.

I think you are misunderstanding it. You have quite a lot of events, and the chest guarantee is for each event. This change only prevents you from abusing gusting to jump timers and farming. If you don’t farm, this change gives you better loot.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: kenshinakh.3672

kenshinakh.3672

So why I cannot have Dragon Slayer or Commander of (Vigil/Order of Whisper/Priory) title to shown off? Cost for implementation from ANet is minimal. And this is some incentive to finish story with different orders?

The point is : there is no incentives whatsoever, and when ANet add something (like guaranteed drop) then shortly it is limited and then limited more and more.

The conspiracy theory : ANet dont like players to have gold, because then they will buy gems with gold and there is no gain from TP.

Alts. Incentive is also in the content enjoyment.

Mega Boss loot changes

Pirlipat.2479

While I agree that titles would be a nice incentive, I have to disagree on your conspiracy theory. Making more money for everyone would only increase the gem price.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Awesome change. Great solution. Instead of limiting the chest to once per day per account, they are only limiting the ‘guaranteed rare’ to once per day per account. The rest of the loot in the chest can be had multiple times per account (using alts).

Bye bye to the illegal aliens.

And yes, I have done some of these events recently and not received the ‘guaranteed rare’ like I should have. This has only happened a couple times for me. Loot is still good and rewarding so I can’t complain. Just a confirmation that it does indeed happen.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I’ll just sum your post up instead of quoting it all:

LOOT LOOT DROPS DROPS LOOT RARES DROPS DROPS LOOT RARES LOOT

I guess GW2 is the wrong game for you. Sad how few games almost ruined a whole genre.

How about this: increased loot = dropping prices = also less gold. Exactly what happened with ectos. Or this one: less rares = less salvages = less gems for kits.

Eh, just because you can’t completely effortless farm world events with several characters all day long means ANet hasn’t thought that through? Exactly that was their intention.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

(edited by Iruwen.3164)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

This change isn’t going to affect my play. It would never occur to me to switch characters just to get multiple rares from each rare guaranteed event. I barely have enough time to play with one character.

Now when I first started 3 plus months ago doing Maw, back when I was level appropriate for that area, and it was actually challenging because we didn’t have 50 players, some swinging legendary weapons, rushing to join in. Of course all I got was blues and maybe a green that I couldn’t use but the gear I could use was often better than what I had.

To make these missions “worth while” to higher level players to do they made sure at least one item was rare or higher. BAM! The events are now swarmed like ants on a sugar cube. An enormous amount of rares are injected into the world and turned into salvaged mats or cashed in. So yes, the side effect is a kick in the economy’s neither region. And obviously the wealth being injected is more than just a blip. Hence the one guaranteed per account per day. Maybe this will cut down on the crowds a tad. At the very least it will help the price of rares and the mats they can produce.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

I said in another post before. ANet devs seem to think that “Nerfing = Balance”
The devs will never, ever see this in their eyes because it’s always changes based off metrics and “what the numbers have shown us”.

You complainers are just bad weather journalists. You have nothing to stand on.

As in:

With the positive side that:

• People got a much better reward for these group events.

Please, I implore you to read through many other player’s posts on how they think that the dragons could have been more rewarding without just flooding the game with rares. Make special note of those who even take a look at the greater picture of the whole game’s drop quality. The fact that they’ve “solved” champion and vet drops only recently, (to what….certain green on champs and no guarantee on vets at all. And dungeon chest loot being still lame? Sure…great fix.)

Just to hit on your points:

• Yes they did…but does this stop that from happening? Not likely.
  • People with alts always had an advantage. This isn’t new news. “Run dungeons on an alt? SURPRISE! You can get that dungeon skinned gear quicker than someone with only 1 character!” If you didn’t know, now you know.
  • People were always free to use guesting. This can’t be labelled as an exploitative behaviour and limited, otherwise guesting on the whole becomes redundant.
  • People have said that ectos do their usual fluctuation when something involving ectos is added or changed in game. It returns back to a stable price in the end.
  • Yup, they’re the focus now. So as I said, Pay attention to those who say there should be more incentives to explore anything beyond chest events, and fractals.

And after they saw what happened, they nerfed it down again. Because , seriously, this game is not only about farming the same group events with 5 billion alts over and over and over again.

It’s not about farming but a fair chunk of the game DOES require farming. All optional, just like group events but still a farm to get good loot.
Full dungeon set? = Token farm. Legendary? = JP farm+other mats farm, Karma Exotic (skin)? = Farm

Farming exists. You may not like it but again it’s OPTIONAL. You can’t tell people an optional part of the game shouldn’t be allowed because you don’t like the fact they make multiple characters, level them to 80 and farm it.

(edited by nethykins.7986)

Mega Boss loot changes

Szamsziel.5627

@Iruwen – I do not know what is your gamestyle or expectation from game and actually I don’t care. Do whatever you like – explore, wvw, pvp, chain events. Your time – your rules. But I expect the same from you – let me play however I find interesting.

Now back to issue. I’ve stated it earlier – limiting the drop per account is bad idea. Before change noone care about mega bosses now whenever dragon show up we have overflow. Doesn’t it mean anything?
What Anet handled wrong (imho) is the reward is given for not participating in event equally.That is the reason for overflow.Now you can in few minutes ‘kill’ all three dragons. How it is addressed with change? But if in order to get full reward you had to participate in preevents – then it solve it. In that case you could either get 5 rewards from jormag but with cost of the time you could spend on other activities.

I do not want free chests. I want to be rewarded for the things I do. If something is hard and painful to do so – like completing all of dungeon in one day please give me credit for that. It does not to be gold or rare – unique skin, town cloth or title is fine.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The guaranteed rare wasn’t the only change to the chests. Their overall drop rate of rare+ items was also increased. Even if you ignore the 1 rare, the new chests are still better than the old ones, as long as you have multiple characters.

As long as the numbers aren’t stealth nerfed along with the change, these events are still going to be heavily farmed as long as stuff like Final Rest will still drop on a per character basis pretty commonly (compared to the world drop exotic rate).

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Awesome change. snip

Bye bye to the illegal aliens.

snip

Great mindset there.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

At least people will be able to do events on their own home server now instead of being pushed into overflow thanks to the greedy ‘illegal aliens’ guesting. Bye-bye guys.. it wasn’t fun having you.

Everyone is still guaranteed their loot at least once, so I stand by my comments. Awesome change.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

You can almost pick the guesting abusers out of this thread, it’s quite funny actually. I’m happy for this change, even if it does mean the only source of incoming rares I had is being nerfed (because getting it in drops isn’t happening with the DR hate). At least now I can make it (hopefully) into the events on my own freaking server

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Graybes.8251

Graybes.8251

This is a good change.
I have 3 80’s. Literally all I was doing was farming the big events all day.
With the new change we’ll still get plenty of rares… Let’s count…
1. Shatterer
2. Tequatl
3. Jormag
4. Maw
5. Shadow Behemoth
6. Fire Elemental
7. Golem
8. Jungle Wurm
9. Free Harathi chest
10. Free Cursed Shore chest

Right there that’s still at least 10+ rares per day just on those events. That’s 70+ rares per week just for doing the events listed. There are others as well but these are the easiest 10.
I think we can all live with this.

Where exactly are these free chests? I went to one that I thought was the Harathi chest and got a low level rare when I opened it. I haven’t even heard of a cursed shore chest. What is that one?

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

This is a good change.
I have 3 80’s. Literally all I was doing was farming the big events all day.
With the new change we’ll still get plenty of rares… Let’s count…
1. Shatterer
2. Tequatl
3. Jormag
4. Maw
5. Shadow Behemoth
6. Fire Elemental
7. Golem
8. Jungle Wurm
9. Free Harathi chest
10. Free Cursed Shore chest

Right there that’s still at least 10+ rares per day just on those events. That’s 70+ rares per week just for doing the events listed. There are others as well but these are the easiest 10.
I think we can all live with this.

Where exactly are these free chests? I went to one that I thought was the Harathi chest and got a low level rare when I opened it. I haven’t even heard of a cursed shore chest. What is that one?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chest

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Shianna.5274

Shianna.5274

Question: With these ‘new’ changes will it go back to being able to get a regular event chest on the same character as often as they do the event that day? I understand you only get the ‘special guaranteed rare’ chest 1 x per account per event per day, but will the normal chests go back to the way they were now that there’s no guaranteed loot or is it going to stay the one event chest from the mega events per character per day?

Hope that wasn’t too confusing, but I’d really like it to go back to the way it was before. Don’t care so much about the guaranteed rares. Just would rather work on a single character on these events through the day.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Please provide more incentives to explore and spread on the world. Better drops – not from kills but from events. Why to not add “daily like” chest after completion an event? Group events – for example 10% chance of rare item, 2% of exotic. One player – 1% of chance for rare and 0.1% for exotic. The chance should increase with doing events in area (and reset after actually giving rare/exotic)

And one more complain : reward for completion of personal story is laughable. Sorry, but I've just killed the dragon! The dragon everybody was afraid of! the one which caused 3 orders to join efforts!. Please give me a title to be wear with pride. Give me (GW like) cape to confirm that. Maybe town clothes to show that I’ve done that. In GW1 after completion you could exchange for really nice skin weapons. please do that here as well.

I was more specifically targeting people that only complain when something get nerfed. That doesn’t mean all complaints are bad. =P

I wholly agree with most of the things you said there, and I would like to see incentives come more across the whole of Tyria instead of only a selected few events. TBH they can add this guaranteed rare to every meta event if it was for me. Except some of those events are not scaled properly and some are just alot easier. Which will end up people going there. Which means they need to look at meta event balances. Other group events should definitely have a little more incentive to it. Like perhaps a small side chest that gives the same reward as a Jumping puzzle chest.

My personal favourite of event chains is Devouring the Infestation. (or something like that) It starts with a duo event that complement eachother. (Two patrols, high road and low road, the high road is sort of the artillery for the foot soldiers on the lower road, but still consist of two events, awesome really) But no one ever plays it, and it even has a chest at the end. (yeah, really)

Please, I implore you to read through many other player’s posts on how they think that the dragons could have been more rewarding without just flooding the game with rares. Make special note of those who even take a look at the greater picture of the whole game’s drop quality. The fact that they’ve “solved” champion and vet drops only recently, (to what….certain green on champs and no guarantee on vets at all. And dungeon chest loot being still lame? Sure…great fix.)

I’m sorry to say, but you masterfully dodged my actual point with non related arguments. My point obviously was the last bold and underlined line, which you didn’t even quote, ofcourse, probably since it is right, and you know it is. I’m not even talking about all the drops out in the world, because, if you may have read the topics title, it’s not about that. Sorry if my tendency to stay on topic is so weird to you.

If they change something, they do so because they see the data going somewhere they don’t like. And if we weren’t all bound on getting the most amount of loot ever conceived and actually wanted a healthy game, then it’s likely so would we. There has to be a line between reward, mechanics and gameplay. Players are always going to exploit the latter two to get the most of the first one. But there has to be a line. They buffed, saw it was too much, then nerfed down again. So your point and the guys point that they only nerf everything senseless is complete nonsense. They actually buffed the dragon events considerably. (mostly due to the feedback of the playerbase, but let’s just ignore the fact that they listened to what we had to say, because that’s fairytales, right?). They just nerfed any extra loot gotten through back alleys of the game mechanics. That’s is what they call balance.

Also, the champion and veteran drops haven’t been changed in 3-4 months. The change they made recently is that they fixed a bug with getting loot, not changing the actual drop tables themselves. But that’s off topic.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Wow, there are a lot of alt abusing people here. you really are complaining, that you alt is now horribly disadvantaged because it cant get a guaranteed rare from a chest? keeping in mind people without alts cannot even get squat from another chest? keeping in mind that there are a great number of guaranteed chest events in the world?

I didnt realize thier were so many entitled mechanic abusers out there. The truth is, it kind of defeated the purpose of having the chest lootable once per day if the only real limit was on the number of charachters you have, that seems to be giving people with alts an unfair advantage (and yes i have alts, i have 6 level 80s) and no i didnt abuse them for rares, mostly because many of the events was unfun once you put it on a timer, and added so many people that it was just a lag battle, or a competition to hit it once.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

well… i have 5 lvl 80s, and yet i rarely go to boss event and farm those chests. some people find that boss farming is their kinda game. it is just not mine. perhap not yours too.

but, yeah, the system is open to being abused. any system with slight loophole will. people will always find a way to get rich in game with minimum effort….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Geez, the dev has stepped into this thread to clear this up already, just scroll through till you see the giant Dev banner and read his replies.

You get one guaranteed rare per world boss per account each day, given in the form of an achievement chest style (similar to when you complete a daily). You will continue to have a CHANCE to get rare/exotic/percusors from the chest that pops when the world boss is killed.

NO, it does not mean that you are limited to one rare per day. NO, it does not mean that thereafter, all drops will be fixed to be capped at greens and below.

YES, it does mean that you will continue to have a chance to get rares/exotics/percusors if you keep hitting the world boss with your alts, it is just not guaranteed.

Its this and that’s the truth and that’s final! Now stop complaining shut up and play the game as usual please or go play another game! Its getting tiring!

Come update, I’ll prove it all to you. If this thread is not locked by then, I’ll do my 5 favorite bosses that i can’t lag or crash on, and then post my chest results.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

Its this and that’s the truth and that’s final! Now stop complaining shut up and play the game as usual please or go play another game! Its getting tiring!

complaining about people complaining… irony.

its a forum why else are people here?! to complain, the end.

more loot = good, less loot = typical anet nerf.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Serephen.3420

Serephen.3420

complaining about people complaining… irony.

its a forum why else are people here?! to complain, the end.

more loot = good, less loot = typical anet nerf.

It’s Rainz! Hello Rainz!

That said I’m indiferrent about this, yes I used alts, yes it will affect me. Did it need a change? Probably….but was this the best change? Not likely :/

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Spleen.7836

Spleen.7836

Just here to say it’s not a guaranteed rare per event atm. I just did Tequatl and got greens. Same with Jormag, it happens.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

AN are to scared to give prises for killing a boss cuz
1 bosses are to easy now
2 everyone will “stop play the game” if they get stuff to easy

but all in all ppl will stop play the game if you give them crap for killing a boss
how meany times did i kill a dragon before getting exotic from it
maybe 200 times

why not have special buff to help us pick a drop from a boss ?
like all mega bosses to have special craft item, special exotic item etc AND when you go to kill him you go with a goal
i want the cool exotic dagger from teqwal the sunless, i get the buff (that have 100% chance of getting that item AND only that item) and i am happy

how to make ppl kill the boss agen when they get everything from him ? PUT MORE STUFF FOR THAT BOSS TO DROP ! make the buffs hard to get (like completing 5 quests or crafting special items to activate this quests)

and don’t nerf the ecto drop from rears STOP DOING THAT ! if you like to control the price make it vendor item and there you go 1 ecto 1000 gold !

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight