Mega Boss loot changes

Mega Boss loot changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Under Web.2497

Under Web.2497

SO if i open a chest at the moment and it Does NOT contain anything higher than green – is that a bug??
I have opened TWELVE chests in the last 10 days that have only had m/work as highest grade item
SHOULD i be putting in BUG reports?

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Cauldron.1653

Cauldron.1653

SO if i open a chest at the moment and it Does NOT contain anything higher than green – is that a bug??
I have opened TWELVE chests in the last 10 days that have only had m/work as highest grade item
SHOULD i be putting in BUG reports?

Be very sure you are actually doing events that have the upgraded big chest introduced last major patch. If you are sure the event should have an upgraded chest and you didn’t get a rare, then yes this would actually be a bug (which I have never seen personally or heard about in my large guild).

“Your subterfuge of incognizance will erode under my fulgent dupery”

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Considering my current rate at getting more than 1 rare in a chest is about 1 in 3, farming the chests on multiple characters is still better than playing in the open world. Unless the change additionally nerfs drop rates, I really don’t see it changing anything. The dragons will still be a great way to AFK for rares, so I fully expect overflows to still be common after reset.

Since farming dragons on and off for months I think I got 2 rares total, I don’t for a MOMENT think that second rare I’ve gotten a dozen times since the change to include auto-1-rare or better came from the infinitely repeatable junk-filled-chest.

I’m pretty sure once we have the auto-rare calved off into a sperate pile, people will see that the times they get 2 rares are times the auto-rare reward happened to be 2 rares, NOT 1 auto rare + 1 OMG the chest finally spit out something more than trash…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

I hope they dont change (or rollback) the current chest drop table. If they rollback, these chests only contain junk with very low chance to get even green.

Does 1 rare guarantee chest has a probability to get exotic ?

(actually I want to see karka champion boss dropping mega – chest also. In addition I want to see upgraded loot table in all bosses)

(edited by deviller.9135)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

I am honestly surprised that there is still some confusion about this upcoming change. So let me try to clarify it once more:

Current:
- You get one guaranteed rare (or better) per event per day per character from the event chest. Everything else in the event chest is based on normal drop chance, so there is a chance to get rares (or better) as well.
After the change:
- You get one guaranteed rare (or better) per event per day per account from an extra chest that will be displayed like the chest for the dailies. Everything else in the event chest is based on normal drop chance, so there is a chance to get rares (or better) as well.

So the guaranteed rare is going to an account-based daily. Does that mean the “event chest” can go back to being looted more than once per day?

Seriously people, its not that complicated.

You can loot the chests as many times as you have characters, but you only get a garunteed rare (or better) once per event per day.

How can it be any more clear?

Pretty sure I was able to do events more than once a day and loot the chest on the same character before the change. Which is why I was asking. I understand perfectly what’s going to happen.

Has nothing to do with what Martin said, I was asking a separate quesiton.

(edited by Redscope.6215)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Considering my current rate at getting more than 1 rare in a chest is about 1 in 3, farming the chests on multiple characters is still better than playing in the open world. Unless the change additionally nerfs drop rates, I really don’t see it changing anything. The dragons will still be a great way to AFK for rares, so I fully expect overflows to still be common after reset.

Since farming dragons on and off for months I think I got 2 rares total, I don’t for a MOMENT think that second rare I’ve gotten a dozen times since the change to include auto-1-rare or better came from the infinitely repeatable junk-filled-chest.

I’m pretty sure once we have the auto-rare calved off into a sperate pile, people will see that the times they get 2 rares are times the auto-rare reward happened to be 2 rares, NOT 1 auto rare + 1 OMG the chest finally spit out something more than trash…

There were two bullet points in the Feb. patch notes:

• Increased the loot rewards on many world boss chests, including the chests in Orr temples and the dragon chests.
  • Fixed a bug on certain world boss chests that was causing them to drop fewer rewards than intended. These chests can now only be looted once per day, to encourage players to fight multiple bosses and spread out across the world.

The guaranteed rare was the second bullet point. The first is where your “+1 OMG the chest finally spit out something more than trash…” comes from. It actually is spitting out something more than trash.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Lydeck.5214

Lydeck.5214

I am honestly surprised that there is still some confusion about this upcoming change. So let me try to clarify it once more:

Current:
- You get one guaranteed rare (or better) per event per day per character from the event chest. Everything else in the event chest is based on normal drop chance, so there is a chance to get rares (or better) as well.
After the change:
- You get one guaranteed rare (or better) per event per day per account from an extra chest that will be displayed like the chest for the dailies. Everything else in the event chest is based on normal drop chance, so there is a chance to get rares (or better) as well.

Thanks for the clarification, Martin.

My confusion stemmed on the wording about the new chest appearing like the daily. It kind of made it seem like that you got the chest in the same way you’d get a daily chest, by completing prerequisite tasks. In the context of the dragon/meta events, it kind of seemed like you’d get the guaranteed rare chest AFTER doing all the dragon/meta events for the day.

Thanks for clearing it up. I like this change now.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I am honestly surprised that there is still some confusion about this upcoming change.

Me too. Thanks for clearing it up – again.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Darlgon.9273

Darlgon.9273

Current:
After the change:

Twelve pages and counting. Guess I will spit into the wind also.

This will help, exactly Zero with what most are having problems with, which is being stuck in overflow when a dragon event is going on.

From what you are saying, I can get the side chest, in EVERY EVENT, on my Gaurdian on:

His home server (Dragonbrand)
Guest server 1 (Jade Quarry)
Guest server 2 (Maguuma)

How exactly does that lower the people who get stuck in overflow on their home server trying to get the only dragon chest they have time for per day?

Try this option:
- You get one guaranteed rare (or better) per event per day per account GAMEWIDE from an extra chest that will be displayed like the chest for the dailies and will only spawn ONCE PER EVENT GAMEWIDE. Everything else in the event chest is based on normal drop chance, so there is a chance to get rares (or better) as well.

This will reduce swapping servers just to farm the dragons and allow people a better chance to get into the dragon loot on their home servers.

Charrdian, Ashura Mesmer, Norn Ranger, Sylvari Elementalist and Human Magic Engineer

(edited by Darlgon.9273)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Current:
After the change:

Twelve pages and counting. Guess I will spit into the wind also.

This will help, exactly Zero with what most are having problems with, which is being stuck in overflow when a dragon event is going on.

From what you are saying, I can get the side chest, in EVERY EVENT, on my Gaurdian on:

His home server (Dragonbrand)
Guest server 1 (Jade Quarry)
Guest server 2 (Maguuma)

How exactly does that lower the people who get stuck in overflow on their home server trying to get the only dragon chest they have time for per day?

Try this option:
- You get one guaranteed rare (or better) per event per day per account GAMEWIDE from an extra chest that will be displayed like the chest for the dailies. Everything else in the event chest is based on normal drop chance, so there is a chance to get rares (or better) as well.

This will reduce swapping servers just to farm the dragons and allow people a better chance to get into the dragon loot on their home servers.

Maybe I read wrong, but isn’t your option exactly what is about to happen? 1 garaunteed rare for event box/daily style per day, per account. And random luck from the normal chest. Or am I missing somethen

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Mega Boss loot changes

Geotherma.2395

I’m a visual person, maybe others are as well. I’m sure once we get doing them it will be more clear. But let me make sure I and everyone else understood the same thing with an overly silly picture.

Let me know if I’m wrong.

Attachments:

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

(edited by Geotherma.2395)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Darlgon.9273

Darlgon.9273

Maybe I read wrong, but isn’t your option exactly what is about to happen? 1 garaunteed rare for event box/daily style per day, per account. And random luck from the normal chest. Or am I missing somethen

Nope.. because I can still guest into two other servers for ALL the dragons and get the chest on EACH server, the way this is worded.

Charrdian, Ashura Mesmer, Norn Ranger, Sylvari Elementalist and Human Magic Engineer

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Nope.. because I can still guest into two other servers for ALL the dragons and get the chest on EACH server, the way this is worded.

Guesting to get more chests was already fixed, it doesn’t make sense to remove that restriction.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

I cant wait for the changes maw on the weekend were just silly people spaming aoes on spawn points, things dead before they rendered.

I wonder all the people who whine about how they wont be able to do events on all 12 of their alts did you ever think running the event 12 times a day makes it a pain in the kitten for me to run it on one?

Ulfar SOR

Mega Boss loot changes

Geotherma.2395

Guesting to get more chests was already fixed, it doesn’t make sense to remove that restriction.

This was my understanding, guesting does not change the per character per day as it is right now. And would be the same after.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

Remove features like overflow and culling in pve, and make a real mmorpg(yeah, massive multiplayer online role play game). This will solve the problem as intend and it can even make the fight more epic. Introducing a new chest system that cuts off the rares is not a smart move.

I don’t agree with this change: yes it may solve the guesting problem but it also introduces other problems.

Actually, before you guys gonna make this new change, can you please update/fix the megadestroyer chest? I personally believe that is the most outstanding meta event in the game(needs a relatively organized group and a little bit skill). Other events are either tedious long or have some “grief locations”.

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

So does this mean they’re going to restrict the dungeons the same way? I mean a 15 min speed run on multiple characters seems as damaging to the economy. Tokens →gear → ectos +mats. And that is not counting any drops obtained there-in.
No I didn’t take advantage of the dragons, too laggy.
If you hold the economy up as a banner to the community, please don’t use the excuse about the influx of rares until you make it unilateral across all playstyles. Then when all avenues of min/max’ing have been limited, we’ll see just how many rares are flowing into the community.

BTW – I am against all punitive forms of fixes. (Unless it’s a true exploit).
I just wanted to throw out the discrepancy for those that were complaining about the economy.
Please boost rewards for as many meta – events and meta-bosses as possible across all maps.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Bankstercide.7514

Bankstercide.7514

This is beyond stupid. Players saw this coming a mile away, do you people really think you’ve done anything to solve the problems that precipitated the original chest loot changes?

Think again. The changes to the boss chest were dumb, but these subsequent changes do not by any means “fix” the problem with population density. It simply means that people either farm dungeons or just play less, neither of which should be acceptable to ANet.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

So does this mean they’re going to restrict the dungeons the same way? I mean a 15 min speed run on multiple characters seems as damaging to the economy. Tokens ->gear -> ectos +mats. And that is not counting any drops obtained there-in.
No I didn’t take advantage of the dragons, too laggy.
If you hold the economy up as a banner to the community, please don’t use the excuse about the influx of rares until you make it unilateral across all playstyles. Then when all avenues of min/max’ing have been limited, we’ll see just how many rares are flowing into the community.

BTW – I am against all punitive forms of fixes. (Unless it’s a true exploit).
I just wanted to throw out the discrepancy for those that were complaining about the economy.
Please boost rewards for as many meta – events and meta-bosses as possible across all maps.

Short answer: Yes. Eventually there will be no place for anyone to make any decent amount of gold in this game.

Lets take a look at what happened in the last update.
They buff world event chests – everyone is happy. But, at the same time, they nerf Orr events. (We cant have too many rares in our precious economy, now, can we.)
At the time nobody really cared, right, cause everyone were suddenly elbow deep in rares from world event chests.
Oh, good times…
Then they nerf the world event chests.

Q: Will Orr events get buffed again to the point where it’s a valid alternative to CoF?
A: Not-a-chance.

And the saddest part for me: the apologists and fanbois will keep their blinders on and shoot down anyone who tries to tell them what’s happening right in front of their eyes.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

How did Orr events get nerfed? The fix to the way loot drops were calculated improved Orr immensely for me.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Mega Boss loot changes

Geotherma.2395

How did Orr events get nerfed? The fix to the way loot drops were calculated improved Orr immensely for me.

Ditto, it boosted drops not nerfed them lol. And the new scaling is fine, weeds out lazy ppl who sit and spam 1..

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Yup. You must be right. 3 g/hour is definitely an improvement over 8.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I am totally overwhelmed by how many people didn’t understand the changes after Martin explained 5 times or more. LOL

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Mega Boss loot changes

Geotherma.2395

I am totally overwhelmed by how many people didn’t understand the changes after Martin explained 5 times or more. LOL

These are forum people, this shouldn’t surprise you :P If I had a dollar for every tin foil hat raging person on forums, I’d be able to buy every legendary on the trading post :P

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

They’re saying it(pent/shelt) was nerfed because Champions have taken the place (or at least prevent) of mob waves, which means there are less mobs for them to kill, eliminating the chance of them getting loot from those mobs.

I guess that would mostly just hurt the classes/players that were really good at aoeing, and dealing enough damage to the waves of risen before they all got killed.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

So there should be exactly NO difference for me as I already participated in these events only once per day account-wide?
Means the reward stays the same? (sometimes more than one rare)
Or will you adjust/ nerf/ whatever the rare rate also?

Cannot say exactly IF there is a difference, but it feels like the normal boss chests that I open now contain more green stuff…. (and less rares)

EDIT: to be more clear.. less rares compared to before.. even if you count in the one rare that you get from the new special chest, it seems to be less rares than before.

(edited by Navi.7142)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

This is simply wrong. I hope this is reassuring!