in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

Why doesn’t it have a daily rare chest?

Megadestroyer

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

How in the hell is that a discussion about the game?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Megadestroyer

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

How in the hell is that a discussion about the game?

Megadestroyer is a boss in game.
At the end of this boss it spawns a chest in game.
Comparable bosses give a daily yellow personal chest in game.
I think it is a discussion about things in game.

Megadestroyer

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Megadestroyer was not updated with the patch and therefore don’t have the daily chest.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Megadestroyer

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Yeah, a great boss – one I really enjoy the events for start to finish, but a bonus chest would be the icing on the cake. Not a biggie – I’ll still do it for the fun

Megadestroyer

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Great boss with a good chain leading up to him. I would like to see a daily chest added to him.

But, the reasoning behind it may be that the Golem boss on this same map has a daily chest. It is a nice event also.

Megadestroyer

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

Even when they changed the drops from boss chests to always get 100% chance of a rare the megadestroyer was never included in this so im guessing thats why there isnt a daily chest. i only ever do it if im in the map after the golem and i hear he’s up

Megadestroyer

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

If you notice, the chest for Megadestroyer and Arah Steps is bigger (1 extra item I think), but contains no guaranteed rares.

I’d prefer consistency myself, but I think the initial purpose of the daily chest was mostly a psychological effect….to get people who were farming particular events to spread out and stop.

(It seems likely there are more meta-events that end in a boss other than the two I mentioned that haven’t been changed…)

Megadestroyer

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Next

We’ll have our critter team take a looksie at this guy, I got a feeling we may have just forgot him in the initial pass.

Thanks!

Megadestroyer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Colin, can you also look at the chest reward for taking the Gates of Arah in Cursed Shore? That’s a pretty massive event chain as well, and yet it doesn’t have a guaranteed rare either.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Megadestroyer

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

We’ll have our critter team take a looksie at this guy, I got a feeling we may have just forgot him in the initial pass.

Thanks!

I know you don’t like people shoving things in your face, but when I saw this comment I wanted to be sure that the events that don’t have a bonus chest are meant to be that way.

Let me first say that I’m really happy you guys did this with bonus chest. I run events and open world things all the time, even before the world bosses were buffed. I really love the bonus chest because It added a ton to the endgame because its actually fun and rewarding to go into the open world. I get zergs (30+ people usually, a ton on the weekend) together every night from 6 different 150+ person guilds and run the ones that aren’t on dragon timer. I always get people whispering me thanking me for doing this, how awesome they are, how fun they are, etc. This is a huge step in the right direction for the end game imo. Also the scaling on the first two monster spawns for the eye of zhaitain boss fight in straights of devestation is amazingly done. Give whoever designed those two monster spawns when scaled a promotion, hahaha!

Here is a list of events that I’ve run and often wondered why there is no bonus chest. Usually because they are hard, require a group, or very fun. If you can’t take a look at it now that’s fine. I posted the wiki links to help you know exactly where they are too, if you decide to take a look.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Events-that-should-have-bonus-chest-but-dont/first#post1887597

Thanks again!

Megadestroyer

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

@Deified – I’m so glad you linked that post. I was getting ready to go digging around in the forums for that. To boost these difficult events, is a great step in the direction of spreading people out into the world.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Megadestroyer

Posted by: Reaver.9256

Reaver.9256

So after the countless posts about this you’re telling us you’re just finding out about this oversight? Does not give me faith in Anet in the least if this is the case. People have posted about megadestroyer and other world events for over a month now……

Megadestroyer

Deified.7520

So after the countless posts about this you’re telling us you’re just finding out about this oversight? Does not give me faith in Anet in the least if this is the case. People have posted about megadestroyer and other world events for over a month now……

Don’t be so hard on them about it. At least they now know about it. It is not like Anet is just sitting around their office doing nothing haha. I’m sure they have a To Do list that is quite long. The developers can’t be everywhere on the forums at once and work on the game all the time.

At least they come in and reply to stuff, I appreciate that.

Megadestroyer

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

Previous

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

@Deified – I’m so glad you linked that post. I was getting ready to go digging around in the forums for that. To boost these difficult events, is a great step in the direction of spreading people out into the world.

Passed that entire thread along to our creature team, thank you!

We’re working on trying to make the ones we’ve already got more exciting encounters, so I can’t promise we’ll change any of the ones on that list immediately unless they are involved enough already to warrant it. We’ll make sure to scrub the list and add them to our polish/clean-up list where it makes sense as well.

As for the late reply, I’ve been in China and missed the earlier thread, but thank you very much for linking it! Better late than never, blame it on the Great Wall, it’s terribly distracting.

Megadestroyer

Deified.7520

We’re working on trying to make the ones we’ve already got more exciting encounters, so I can’t promise we’ll change any of the ones on that list immediately unless they are involved enough already to warrant it. We’ll make sure to scrub the list and add them to our polish/clean-up list where it makes sense as well.

As for the late reply, I’ve been in China and missed the earlier thread, but thank you very much for linking it! Better late than never, blame it on the Great Wall, it’s terribly distracting.

Awesome, thank you so much. I just added in some Jumping puzzles that I consider to be the hardest in the game, and maybe making them reward a bonus chest would keep players coming back to these awesome puzzles (the visuals on them…stunning).

Welcome back from China too! You know what the Great Wall could really use? A searing! Get it? Cause the Wall that the Ascalonians built…its like the Great wall. Ill see myself out.

Megadestroyer

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

We’re working on trying to make the ones we’ve already got more exciting encounters, so I can’t promise we’ll change any of the ones on that list immediately unless they are involved enough already to warrant it.

just as a suggestion and I’m pretty sure that it would be too hard to do, therefore won’t be changed, but could you all maybe make dragon encounters more interesting? Tequatl spawns some minions and fears once in a while, Shatterer spawns some minions and some crystals once in a while. Other than that they just sit there while their foot is getting stabbed to death. I wish that dragons instead of spawning minions would get enraged, run around, stomp on players, go into the air, land in a different position, roar, chase players. Now they seem a bit, well, not so smart.
Then again maybe it’s because they’re only a minion of a bigger dragon. Oh well, I just wish there were more epic dragon encounters at some point in time.

Megadestroyer

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

So that explains why the Charr attacked Ascalon; the Great Northern Wall must have been distracting them from Meatoberfest.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Megadestroyer

Deified.7520

We’re working on trying to make the ones we’ve already got more exciting encounters, so I can’t promise we’ll change any of the ones on that list immediately unless they are involved enough already to warrant it.

just as a suggestion and I’m pretty sure that it would be too hard to do, therefore won’t be changed, but could you all maybe make dragon encounters more interesting? Tequatl spawns some minions and fears once in a while, Shatterer spawns some minions and some crystals once in a while. Other than that they just sit there while their foot is getting stabbed to death. I wish that dragons instead of spawning minions would get enraged, run around, stomp on players, go into the air, land in a different position, roar, chase players. Now they seem a bit, well, not so smart.
Then again maybe it’s because they’re only a minion of a bigger dragon. Oh well, I just wish there were more epic dragon encounters at some point in time.

They’ve said in a previous interview that they are planning on making these encounters more interesting. Not many details were said nor was a projected date that this would be achieved, but they are well aware of the problem haha.

Megadestroyer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

You also have to consider the animation challenge of having a Dragon’s model “get enraged, run around, stomp on players, go into the air, land in a different position, roar, chase players”. That’s at a minimum a month of work for the animation designers alone, per dragon. Is it worth locking those guys up for a month and keeping them from other work? Probably not. Consider the priorities of the team and the needs of the game.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Megadestroyer

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

You also have to consider the animation challenge of having a Dragon’s model “get enraged, run around, stomp on players, go into the air, land in a different position, roar, chase players”. That’s at a minimum a month of work for the animation designers alone, per dragon. Is it worth locking those guys up for a month and keeping them from other work? Probably not. Consider the priorities of the team and the needs of the game.

that’s why I said

just as a suggestion and I’m pretty sure that it would be too hard to do, therefore won’t be changed

I’m not forcing them and I’m aware that it would be hard to do, so I wouldn’t even be saddened if they said “no we can’t”. I am allowed to dream and share my suggestions on the forums about epic dragon encounters though, am I not?

plus

They’ve said in a previous interview that they are planning on making these encounters more interesting. Not many details were said nor was a projected date that this would be achieved, but they are well aware of the problem haha.

apparently they will be working on it. Maybe the way they change it won’t be much different, but it still makes me a very happy bunny

Megadestroyer

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Two replies, keep prodding guys

See if we can get him to let slip if the dragons will be made more into more intense fights!
Offer him cake or something!!!!

Megadestroyer

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Heh … I just thought they left out the bonus chest from Megadestroyer because the drops from the spawns pretty much make up for it. Although that does depend on the price of Large Claws and attacks that will just tag everything (Warrior with Hammer and Engineer with Grenade Kit for me).

It did seem strange that the much easier golem boss has one.

Megadestroyer

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Megadestroyer was not updated with the patch and therefore don’t have the daily chest.

Ulgoth the Modniir wasn’t updated at all either yet he was given a bonus chest.

Megadestroyer

Posted by: the moidart.3612

the moidart.3612

Considering even the Ulgoth (whose chain I farm for supply bags) gives a rare chest even though his chain is a lot easier to do with few people then the Megadestroyer’s looooong chain, its a bit rediculous.

For that matter, the Naegling giant needs looking at, reward wise. Its a long fight with no lootable mob filled followup quest like Kol, in a more difficult environment (buildings force you into stomp range often just to get a firing angle) and can result in multiple deaths. It could use a guaranteed green at least! 1s20c and 150 karma just doesn’t cut it.

Megadestroyer

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

We’re working on trying to make the ones we’ve already got more exciting encounters

On that subject, can you buff the lightning fields on the Golem Mark II mega-boss.
It’s a small tweak, but it would make the fight so much more dynamic.

At the moment people (mostly bookahs who don’t realize the threat a rogue golem represents!) just stand in one spot the entire fight and never move.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

Megadestroyer

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

Hey Colin! I hope the China trip exceeded expectations.

Thanks so much for the comments re: Megadestroyer and that master list of events.

Our guild LOVES the Megadestroyer. This is potentially a little sad, but basically after every major new build we get a huge group to go try him and see if a daily chest has been added for him but left out of the patch notes. It’s definitely one of the coolest Meta Events in the game, and requires an enormous amount more coordination than, for example, the Dredge Commissar, the Jungle Wurm, or the Shadow Behemoth, all of which provide extremely quick access to a daily chest reward. It would be outstanding if our fiery friend could be buffed to match.

I know that the list you were linked to was exhaustive, so I wanted to just give voice to a couple of them, seeing as you value my opinions so very highly ;P

Devouring the Brand is a massive, entertaining chain that is very, very rarely done. Along exactly the same lines as Ogre Wars or the Campaign Against Taidha Covington, it would be a perfect candidate for the Bonus.

Battle in the Vault – Plains of Ashford is absolutely desperate for a Meta Event with a Bonus Chest attached. Every other starting area has one- along with big huge boss encounters that don’t really occur in Plains. It’s almost like you guys are discriminating against the Charr- but I know that can’t be it, because they’re kitten. (<- uh. replace that with the word you used to describe why you’d roll a Charr).

On a personal note, I’d absolutely love Vexa’s Lab and the Forsaken Halls to receive the Bonus. They’re among the most gorgeous, unique content in the game, they’re extremely involved, can’t exactly be rushed through, and would stand well to be seen by as many players of GW2 as absolutely possible. They’re great.

The Gates of Arah Meta Event feels incredibly climactic, is tough, and basically sticks out like a sore thumb now that the 5 Orr Temple events all award daily chests but it doesn’t. There’s a satisfying pattern (big tough Meta event, Bonus Chest awarded, area held by the pact, exotic Karma vendor unlocked) that is broken by the Gates event lacking the chest. That said, the spawned world chest from this event seems to have a great loot table, so this is a low priority in my opinion.

Thanks again!

Megadestroyer

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

It’s almost like you guys are discriminating against the Charr- but I know that can’t be it, because they’re kitten. (<- uh. replace that with the word you used to describe why you’d roll a Charr).

COWCAT!!

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

Megadestroyer

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Considering even the Ulgoth (whose chain I farm for supply bags) gives a rare chest even though his chain is a lot easier to do with few people then the Megadestroyer’s looooong chain, its a bit rediculous.

For that matter, the Naegling giant needs looking at, reward wise. Its a long fight with no lootable mob filled followup quest like Kol, in a more difficult environment (buildings force you into stomp range often just to get a firing angle) and can result in multiple deaths. It could use a guaranteed green at least! 1s20c and 150 karma just doesn’t cut it.

Megadestroyer only needs 3 and that is just because of the segment where you have to keep the 3 asura alive.