Megaservers and RP

Megaservers and RP

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: VoiceOfUnreason.5976

VoiceOfUnreason.5976

Is anything going to be done to accommodate RP communities with this new Megaserver system? Most RPers have already migrated to a select few servers (Tarnished Coast for example). Will these people be potentially separated into different versions of their cities? Most RP groups aren’t all going to be in the same guild, and interacting with different guilds across the server is a crucial part of maintaining a stable RP community. So relying on the “players in the same guild” to match RPers together is sort of out. I assume right now that the only thing that’ll potentially keep us together is whatever weight you apply to people from the same server. Even still, I foresee a lot of RP guilds getting split up and not being able to interact with each other. That might kill the RP community in GW2 altogether, even if it’s not a common occurance.

Not to mention that the cities will now be filled with tons of new non-RPers, which will surely break a lot of immersion and clutter common spots for player interaction. I understand this is a necessary part of the update and I can deal with a new influx of non-RPers (who knows, it may even introduce new people to the concept). But if those players somehow take priority over established RPers, I feel like the community would die before we even get the chance to convert new people.

So… has there been any thought as to how you’d support the RP community with this new system? Is there maybe like… a checkbox we can have on our character select or in-game to say that this is an RP character? Then people with that option selected will have much higher priority for getting grouped in the same city as other RP players? I honestly doubt any considerations were being made here, as ArenaNet was probably more focused on just getting players together in general. But wouldn’t something like that be a fairly simple solution to the problem?

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: Awbee.8405

Awbee.8405

An RP flag (that would be visible to others, and also determine which megaserver you end up on) would be great.

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: Esya.3427

Esya.3427

I don’t understand where the assumption comes from that you will face more non-rp players after the implementation of this megaserver than before. ArenaNet claims (we cannot test this yet ofcourse) that the chances of you ending up on the same map with people from same homeworld, guild, friends and party increase. And most roleplayers are already concentrated in specific homeworlds and guilds.

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Next

To maximize your odds of running into other RP players more often, you’ll want to make sure you’re on the same world (generally TC and Piken are viewed as the RP worlds), and in guilds with other RP members also on that same world. For example, everyone from TC currently will be set to high priority to sort together, same thing goes with people who are all a part of the same guild (so guild up RP folks!)

We’ll continue to monitor, adapt and update the system as we go forward as well, for now I’d suggest seeing how it works once we enable the mega server system across all maps and then giving comments and feedback when you see it in action!

(edited to add Piken!)

(edited by ColinJohanson.2394)

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: Bioanian.7016

Bioanian.7016

My question is are they going to remove the guesting feature for this? All this time Ive been guesting on tarnished coast and befriended alot of roleplayers. I bonded with these role players. I don’t have 30 bucks to transfer. What is going to happen to me?

Megaservers and RP

VoiceOfUnreason.5976

I don’t understand where the assumption comes from that you will face more non-rp players after the implementation of this megaserver than before. ArenaNet claims (we cannot test this yet ofcourse) that the chances of you ending up on the same map with people from same homeworld, guild, friends and party increase. And most roleplayers are already concentrated in specific homeworlds and guilds.

Yes, they’ve said that. But in cities, we’re already matched up with people from our homeworld all the time. Aside from Lion’s Arch, there was almost never an overflow inside a main city, so we never had to worry about us being separated from the RP community. With this new system, that possibility exists. Yes, they’ll attempt to match us with the same home world, but what happens if the Black Citadel that contains most of the TC players becomes full tonight, and I log in? Are they going to kick a non-TC player from that instance of the city in order to accommodate me, or am I going to be forced onto another instance? If that instance has already been populated, it doesn’t matter how heavily I’m weighted in favor of joining it.

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: Dantel.3086

Dantel.3086

So, you’re saying that people who guest to RP servers now will be forced to transfer to RP servers? Isn’t that kinda… money grubbing?

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: Lunchbox.6970

Lunchbox.6970

My question is are they going to remove the guesting feature for this? All this time Ive been guesting on tarnished coast and befriended alot of roleplayers. I bonded with these role players. I don’t have 30 bucks to transfer. What is going to happen to me?

If you join their guild, have them all in your friends list and party with them, you’ll likely end up in the same “instance” of map with them regardless of which home server you’re on.

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: Nikku.3562

Nikku.3562

generally TC is viewed as the RP world

Unless you’re playing in the EU, in which case Piken Square is the RP server

Join us!

Founder of Agenda [GNDA] – an LGBT-friendly guild

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Colin, how would the system sort, let’s say for main cities in my case. Home server on JQ, but majority of (main) guild, I assume only the represented one would count, on TC.

?

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Megaservers and RP

Bioanian.7016

If you join their guild, have them all in your friends list and party with them, you’ll likely end up in the same “instance” of map with them regardless of which home server you’re on.

Well that make sense. But a question still remains. This is soppose to replace the overflow system obviously. But are they still keeping guesting?

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

To maximize your odds of running into other RP players more often, you’ll want to make sure you’re on the same world (generally TC is viewed as the RP world), and in guilds with other RP members also on that same world. For example, everyone from TC currently will be set to high priority to sort together, same thing goes with people from RP guilds who are from TC.

We’ll continue to monitor, adapt and update the system as we go forward as well, for now I’d suggest seeing how it works once we enable the mega server system across all maps and then giving comments and feedback when you see it in action!

What about guesting?
Drakkar-Lake is the GER unofficial RP Server, I always guested there, as I (wasted?) 1800 Gems to change to Riverside for some reasons. What about us guesters now?
Guesting was such a good thing to NOT have the RPers spread amongst the winds.
Will it still be possible to guest, and will guesting change the priority of our homeserver to the one of our current guestserver?

Trahearne <3

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Well, they keep saying it will sort you to be with friends and guild members as well as people from your server. If nothing else, I’d say to add those RPers to your friend lists, and maybe ask if you can join a guild or two with some of them. That should boost your odds of getting into a map with them automatically.

The main article also said “If the map you’re on is full, you can still party with a friend by right-clicking on their name and then select to join them in their version of the map.” I don’t know if you’ll still have to be in their party to do that trick (how it works now) or if you’ll be able to do it from just the friends list (what the wording implies), but we do know there will be some option to jump maps to be with them.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Megaservers and RP

VoiceOfUnreason.5976

To maximize your odds of running into other RP players more often, you’ll want to make sure you’re on the same world (generally TC is viewed as the RP world), and in guilds with other RP members also on that same world. For example, everyone from TC currently will be set to high priority to sort together, same thing goes with people from RP guilds who are from TC.

I would hope that it works out, I guess. My suggestion still stands though, to be able to somehow flag yourself for RP so you are more likely to be paired with other RPers. That would allow RPers that maybe aren’t part of TC to be more often paired with people of similar interests as well.

Megaservers and RP

Awbee.8405

I’m currently not in an RP guild on Piken (though I might very well be in the future). So I worry that if I do some dungeons or PVP for a few days, I might “lose” my connection to Piken in the eyes of the new automatic system. Is there a chance for a manual “RP flag” or something of the sort?

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I would hope that it works out, I guess. My suggestion still stands though, to be able to somehow flag yourself for RP so you are more likely to be paired with other RPers. That would allow RPers that maybe aren’t part of TC to be more often paired with people of similar interests as well.

You tag yourself for RP by joining an RP guild and playing with other RPers regularly, as well as being on the same server, according to the blogpost.

Megaservers and RP

kuscheldrow.6415

But it can’t be a goal to have rpers filling their friendlists with non-friends, joining guilds for the server-purpose only or always ask around if they just want to dive into RP as they’re used to. This will only make bubble and group RP even worse…

Well not to mention that most RP guilds have their own story and purpose and aren’t open to people who don’t belong there at all. :S

Trahearne <3

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Initially grouping up with fellow RPers and joining their map will help to consolidate RPers into one place. Might take a bit of community cooperation but that’s the essence of RPers right?

Also, pick a location that is ideal for hanging out. Major cities might not be a good place anymore, but perhaps one of the larger outposts in a lesser explored map might be appropriate. Stormbluff Isle in Bloodtide or Ebonhawke in FoR.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: rmaroney.7215

rmaroney.7215

Can you also make sure that Piken Square also gets RP priority? It is the main RP server in the Europe area (TC and PS are the two main ones). Heck, if we had TS and PS blending, that wouldn’t be too bad per se.

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: Kallandra.2610

Kallandra.2610

Please don’t forget that Piken Square is the unofficial EU RP Server :/

I’m worried that spontaneous RP with random Roleplayers that aren’t in the same guild, or even in a guild, will disappear, unless there’s some kind of option to ‘flag for RP’ or something.

Megaservers and RP

Awbee.8405

You tag yourself for RP by joining an RP guild and playing with other RPers regularly, as well as being on the same server, according to the blogpost.

What about someone who likes RP, but also likes PVE, events, dungeons, PVP, WvW, or whatever else? If someone has an RP guild and RP friends, a dungeon guild and dungeon friends, a WvW guild and WvW friends, which server will they land on? What if someone like that wants to participate in an RP event at a certain time and place? Is there a guarantee they’ll be able to get into the same map as the RP event?

I’m hoping one of the blog posts in the next few days will mention a flag feature could also be used not just for RP, but for other stuff as well.

Megaservers and RP

VoiceOfUnreason.5976

But it can’t be a goal to have rpers filling their friendlists with non-friends, joining guilds for the server-purpose only or always ask around if they just want to dive into RP as they’re used to. This will only make bubble and group RP even worse…

Well not to mention that most RP guilds have their own story and purpose and aren’t open to people who don’t belong there at all. :S

That appears to be the solution they’re expecting, yes. I really don’t think considerations were made, the system was developed more for general PVErs in mind. It sounds like it works just fine when you’re running dungeons. Dungeon runners get paired with more dungeon runners, map completionists get paired with more people doing hearts and dynamic events, champ train people will likely get paired with more champ train people, and people who regularily do world bosses will get paired with people who do the same. But there’s no in-game representation for RPers. So the only thing we can do is “cheat” the system by friending as many fellow RPers as possible, joining guilds for the sole purpose of staying on the same server, and hoping that doing any sort of other activity won’t push us more in another priority in the system’s eyes. I personally don’t want to spend a night fighting world bosses and Orr Temple events, only to find that I’m now prioritized for that over being paired with RPers. That’s why I suggested having an RP flag that we can set. It’d be the only method we have of properly marking ourselves as RPers in the Megaserver’s eyes.

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

WvW exists for a reason, it’s server Vs. another server. I’m sure the guesting feature will still be available. When you guest Piken Square, you will be grouped together with players from Piken Square.

That’s my guess at least.

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Since I am always roleplaying my characters in my head in one of the worst PvE servers (RP or otherwise), I see it as a matter of just ignoring whatever doesn’t fit your character’s world reality. No reason we should be beholden to non-RP players (the majority, of course)-it’s up to ourselves if we let them bother us.

Role players do not even need graphics to roleplay. The megaserver will do nicely, especially since most of those players will (theoretically) be likely to encounter each other anyway. Just roleplay to your heart’s content, just as you always used to.

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

To maximize your odds of running into other RP players more often, you’ll want to make sure you’re on the same world (generally TC and Piken are viewed as the RP worlds), and in guilds with other RP members also on that same world. For example, everyone from TC currently will be set to high priority to sort together, same thing goes with people who are all a part of the same guild (so guild up RP folks!)

(edited to add Piken!)

I’ve already seen it in action. It was called ‘Connected Realms’ and it caused more problems than it solved. That’s why I’m no longer forking over $15/month to that other company. They destroyed my game with their ‘Connected Realms’…..just as you are doing currently with the ‘Megaserver’.

Megaservers and RP

kuscheldrow.6415

That appears to be the solution they’re expecting, yes. I really don’t think considerations were made, the system was developed more for general PVErs in mind. It sounds like it works just fine when you’re running dungeons. Dungeon runners get paired with more dungeon runners, map completionists get paired with more people doing hearts and dynamic events, champ train people will likely get paired with more champ train people, and people who regularily do world bosses will get paired with people who do the same. But there’s no in-game representation for RPers. So the only thing we can do is “cheat” the system by friending as many fellow RPers as possible, joining guilds for the sole purpose of staying on the same server, and hoping that doing any sort of other activity won’t push us more in another priority in the system’s eyes. I personally don’t want to spend a night fighting world bosses and Orr Temple events, only to find that I’m now prioritized for that over being paired with RPers. That’s why I suggested having an RP flag that we can set. It’d be the only method we have of properly marking ourselves as RPers in the Megaserver’s eyes.

But that really kills my motivation. I always guest on Drakkar-Lake (Don’t always forget about DL! It’s the unofficial GER RP server! It counts too!) for RP. I switched to riverside some time ago. For PvE and Worldboss reasons…

I do a lot of PvE (Asc mat farming, Tequatl, other bosses, dungeons etc pp) I am in a HUGE guild of Drakkar-Lake. (PvE guild), and I am in a huge guild of Riverside. I run my own tiny account guild, am in a 3-man RP guild from Drakkar… so what does this flag me for, if guesting isn’t possible anymore? I could as well quit RPing unless there is a “highest priority of all”-RP-Flag or an option for this somewhere.

Anet never listend to us RPers, they could do it at least ONCE in a lifetime…

Trahearne <3

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: zwierz.9012

zwierz.9012

I am also a roleplayer, and have strong objections and worries concerning this new Megaserver, which has been all voiced by the OP.

Megaservers have a lot of potential for ruining any non guild RP, especially spontaneous random RP that often produces best storylines and friendships…

Frankly, if this would be the case and RP community on Guild Wars 2 would wither, so would almost all my interest in the game, from social standpoint, since I’m not really interested in OOC interactions and rarely get to know non roleplayers I randomly meet.

On the other hand, I’m also an active wvw, pve etc player and share the worries of my fellow roleplayers.

Am I supposed to quit my pve and wvw guilds now? Should I stop playing the content just so I can play with other roleplayers?

(edited by zwierz.9012)

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

What about someone who likes RP, but also likes PVE, events, dungeons, PVP, WvW, or whatever else? If someone has an RP guild and RP friends, a dungeon guild and dungeon friends, a WvW guild and WvW friends, which server will they land on? What if someone like that wants to participate in an RP event at a certain time and place? Is there a guarantee they’ll be able to get into the same map as the RP event?

I’m hoping one of the blog posts in the next few days will mention a flag feature could also be used not just for RP, but for other stuff as well.

You can join different guilds, you can party with whomever you want, and you can guest to different servers. None of us know for sure (even the devs) how this will play out, but I don’t see anything changing other than having more people to play with.

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

why RPers against MS? empty world without any life seems dead and not “realistic”. or you are RPing “we are the last ones, who survived a big cataclism”. lol

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: Glusch.4806

Glusch.4806

I know that this is slightly off-topic when it comes to RP but I believe it is a question loads of players want answered nevertheless Colin (or any other developer for that matter). Megaguilds (for example TTS & TxS), for a lack off a better word, could with the old system easily fill a whole server, or a whole overflow, when preparing for a raid of theirs.

Will there be a way for them to still do this or does the introduction of Megaserver(s) also mean the end to Megaguilds and the way they handle raids today?

Megaservers and RP

Awbee.8405

You can join different guilds, you can party with whomever you want, and you can guest to different servers. None of us know for sure (even the devs) how this will play out, but I don’t see anything changing other than having more people to play with.

Well, previously I always knew that no matter what other stuff I did before (PVP / PVE), my homeworld was Piken and I was bound to encounter roleplayers and roleplay there. I’m afraid that if I PVP / PVE for a while with the new system, it won’t automatically “recognize” me as an RPer anymore.

Of course, this is just a worry at the moment, and hopefully things will become clearer with the next two blog posts.

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: Ouimette.5902

Ouimette.5902

(edited to add Piken!)

I’ve already seen it in action. It was called ‘Connected Realms’ and it caused more problems than it solved. That’s why I’m no longer forking over $15/month to that other company. They destroyed my game with their ‘Connected Realms’…..just as you are doing currently with the ‘Megaserver’.

It’s still a work in progress so when the feauture pack hits the game the 15th only a few zones will be under the controll of the new system, just to test and see how it works out.

Megaservers and RP

Bioanian.7016

There is more then one part to this reveal. So maybe part 2 and three will ease our concerns.

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: Alukah.2063

Alukah.2063

Didn’t read all responses but what I get from this is: They didn’t remove guesting.

People who play in the same world (or guest to the same world) have higher chance of ending in the same map. If you guest to TC you should still be able to play with the TC community unless the map is full.

The only inconvenience I see is that there’s still a small likelihood that people unrelated to TC could end in a TC main map, meaning that the map would get full a lot faster than it normally would.

Megaservers and RP

Kallandra.2610

Please note that the megaserver system will not change region restrictions, so players will still be grouped by the NA and EU server regions."

I am really worried that as a roleplayer that doesn’t really hang out with that many guilds, and who likes to do map completions, that I’ll get pigeon-holed in to a server that’s just all about doing maps and hearts instead of one with people who I can randomly roleplay with.

Will Roleplayers from Piken Square get put with other Roleplayers? How will this new megaserver system know that we’re roleplayers? There’s no set map that we necessarily hang about on, some of us wander the world and talk to people wherever we go.

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

(edited to add Piken!)

Thank you very much for listening to our concerns!

The one issue with guilding is that there are currently 9k registered roleplayers with one site, and plenty more who never go there. Since guilds only hold 500 members, the community will still be somewhat fragmented. Many of us are (me included) also not in roleplay guilds, and count on walk-ups for most of our RP.

Is there -any- way you guys could create a roleplayer tag? I’m not requesting a server, but someone flagged as ‘rp’ would be a) findable by other roleplayers and b) could be weighted toward being punted to the same instances as other roleplayers.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: xerca.6135

xerca.6135

why RPers against MS? empty world without any life seems dead and not “realistic”. or you are RPing “we are the last ones, who survived a big cataclism”. lol

Think one thing could be that you run into a lot of non-RPers that tend to troll you. You stand around roleplaying and they come over, start throwing spells around you, harassing and can be quite rude and insulting in /say (I have even seen some tell RPers to “get the kitten off the game”.) I am NOT saying that all non-roleplayers are like this, but a lot seem to not be able to just ignore us roleplaying, just like we ignore them running around as they please. We even ignore them when they scream at us, because we know they will eventually get bored and go away.
But I understand the worry that this will be a bigger issue if you are not on a server with mostly RPers that tend to respect each other.

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: xXxOrcaxXx.9328

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

An RP flag (that would be visible to others, and also determine which megaserver you end up on) would be great.

This flag could be added to the already existing statuses “Online”, “Away” and “Invisible”. Simply a new status “RP mode”.

And a RP chat, which will hold all emotes and messages if you’re in “RP mode”.
It should function like the normal /say chat and emote messages, just with the difference that you can either hide this chat or any other chat.

If done so, they could also add a new report option, “violating chatrules”, if someone uses the RP chat to insult RPlers. He would be punished with not being able to use the RP chat anymore.

Ranger - Guardian - Warrior - Elementalist - Necromancer - Mesmer
EU Elona Reach – Void Sentinels

(edited by xXxOrcaxXx.9328)

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: Nikku.3562

Nikku.3562

(edited to add Piken!)

Thanks Colin <3

Founder of Agenda [GNDA] – an LGBT-friendly guild

Megaservers and RP

Kallandra.2610

Should all the roleplayers on Piken Square make a new Guild called “Roleplayers” and get everyone to join it? If/when it overflows with members, another guild called “Roleplayers2” etc? Just so we can stay together? Would something like that work for keeping us all together?

But then, some folks are already a member of the maximum amount of Guilds, so not sure if this is a good idea or not.

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: Xehara.8537

Xehara.8537

@ Colin,
Thank you so much for your post above! That clears up a lot of concerns we had!

Writer, role player.

Megaservers and RP

kuscheldrow.6415

And a RP chat, which will hold all emotes and messages if you’re in “RP mode”.
It should function like the normal /say chat and emote messages, just with the difference that you can either hide this chat or any other chat.

All together with a different chatcolor than plain white it would be perfect, yes. , But obviousely never going to happen as anet ignores RPers strictly…

Trahearne <3

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: LyricDawnhagen.7803

LyricDawnhagen.7803

Mostly because the RP community has congregated on two servers, Tarnished Coast in the US and Piken Square in the EU. So the majority of the RP players are already together on these two servers.

The problem they (the RP players) see on the horizon is that the Megaserver will share people around to different “shards” of the world and this will dilute the concentration of RP players. Spreading the RP players around will make it harder for them to find other RP players to play with. We did put some effort into get together on a server and building a RP friendly community. We really do not want to see that work lost.

We still do not have the details on the mechanics of the MegaServer so Role Players are expressing concerns. I want to know if it is possible to move your character from the automatically (system) selected “shard” of the MegaServer to a different specific “shard”. If there is a way to move characters to a specific shard (by number or name) then the problem would be solved by having the RP community stake out a “shard” and make it the unofficial RP “shard” of the MegaServer.

This way both groups win. The regular (non-RP) players will have the MegaServer to help alleviate the empty zone issue and the RP players can still find each other.

• Please note that I use the term “shard” to mean the various copies of the same zone on the MegaServer. I do not know the official (ArenaNet) name for these zone copies so I picked “shard” for this post as a make-do. I do not intend it to mean the same as the server shards used in other games designs.

Megaservers and RP

Sylv.5324

This is an MMORPG, most players on this game roleplay to some degree (even if it’s choosing story options and speaking to NPCs), all folks in the actual roleplay community do is pretty much act like everyone’s an NPC. We know this isn’t real life, that’s why it’s called role playing.

Also, there’s around 10k of us and we have wallets and like to spend money. We also like to WvW and PvE and even PvP, which is why our servers are active and strong.

Also, something that you may not be aware of is that many roleplayers are disabled. Some of us are online a lot because we have mobility issues or illnesses that make it difficult for us to have active social lives outside the home. I, for example, am a shut-in with a life-threatening incurable medical condition as well as being in recovery from a broken back.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Moderator)

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: Nub.2391

Nub.2391

the only good thing come from mega server is that you’ll see….more people.
the worst thing is:
too many people = difficult for your PC to load, lag
hard to organized guild event, mission, stuff because everyone being put in thousand of “overflow”/copies of the map. want to join your guild? sorry that overflow is FULL
with thousand “overflow” , dynamic event will now be harder and different time on each overflow. you want to organize Teq? plz enjoy PUGs or fight with less people because your overflow is full and 99% of people in that overflow dont want to do teq or busy farming at that time.

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: xerca.6135

xerca.6135

Assuming we don’t have a life because we RP? Are you skrittin’ serious?

/\ See, ArenaNet/Colin…..this is the type of people Megaservers are going to bring into our role-playing lives. If you want to drive us from the game, then by all means continue with this atrocity known as ‘Megaserver’. We will be more than happy to give our dollars to a game that supports and promotes our style of gameplay.

Yeah. I feel like I have more of a life writing these stories together with a lot of other people through roleplaying characters with a very detailed personality (like digital theater play), than sit in my chair and press 1 while staring numbly at a boss health bar slowly going down.

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

I’m not an rp-er, but I like having them around, they’re great fun to interact with and add depth to the gameworld, I find. I don’t want to be separated from rp-ers just because I don’t have loads of them in my friends list, guild etc. I suspect that’s unlikely in my case because I’m on TC, but for many people on other servers I think the prospect of Tyria devoid of any rp-ing whatsoever might be a bit sad.

Megaservers and RP

Posted by: Esya.3427

Esya.3427

Also I would like to ask the roleplayers to please give us non-roleplayers the benefit of the doubt. So far my experience with the GW2 community in game is that it is very mature and the majority of us is not out there to ruin your roleplay experience. Please give us a chance to play alongside you and have us exposed to your roleplay as well. We will not know how this new system will turn out without giving it a try. I will be happy to see a bit more of your roleplay and help report any troll I encounter.

Megaservers and RP

Kallandra.2610

I am severely disabled and practically housebound. I can’t get out to meet new people, and needed something to use as pure escapism that wasn’t books. I chose roleplay. (I do still read alot though when I can’t get online)

I get to meet new and interesting people and act out my characters with other characters. It’s immersive and helps me take my mind of the constant pain I suffer from. I get to meet and talk to the people behind those characters, make new friends that I wouldn’t usually get to make because of my physical condition.

For me, Roleplay is fun times with friends.

Megaservers and RP

Sylv.5324

Also I would like to ask the roleplayers to please give us non-roleplayers the benefit of the doubt. So far my experience with the GW2 community in game is that it is very mature and the majority of us is not out there to ruin your roleplay experience. Please give us a chance to play alongside you and have us exposed to your roleplay as well. We will not know how this new system will turn out without giving it a try. I will be happy to see a bit more of your roleplay and help report any troll I encounter.

That’s not really the major concern; TC has always has guests and a lively population of non-RPers. The problem is for folks to find roleplayers, and that’s easiest when folks are lumped together on the same servers. <3

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast