[Merged] Cultural Human T3 Not Exclusive

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Hey, everyone. We’ve been reading all your feedback about the Flamekissed Armor Skin that was released into the Gem Store yesterday.

Although the Flamekissed Armor uses the same mesh as the Tier 3 Human Cultural Armor, it was not our intention to create an armor skin that so closely matched the existing Tier 3 Human Cultural armor set. The intention was to use the mesh as a basis for creating an armor set that stands apart and is distinct in appearance. However, after reading your feedback, we agree that the Flamekissed armor is not visually distinct enough from Human Cultural Tier 3 armor.

We will do a few things to address this issue.

• We will temporarily remove Flamekissed Armor Skin from the Gem Store.
  • Players who have purchased Flamekissed Armor Skin will keep the skin.
  • We will make new art for the Flamekissed Armor Skin that achieves our goal of making a visually distinct and attractive armor set and does not closely resemble the Human Tier 3 Cultural armor.
  • Once this new artwork is completed, we will then update the Flamekissed Armor Skin so that all existing sets that players have purchased get the new art. We will also offer the Flamekissed Armor Skin for sale again at that time.
  • When we update the Flamekissed Armor Skins with the new artwork, any player that has already purchased the set and who does not like the new, updated look, can get a full refund by contacting Customer Support.

Note that there is no ETA on when this change will happen. We need to work with the Character Art Team to determine when we can have a new armor skin ready, and this could take some time.

Thank you everyone for providing your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know how you feel about the new armor set.

So you’re going to take away something that people bought and enjoy without compensating them fairly. It is great to be a paying customer at ArenaNet.

Are you kidding me? Did you not read the full post?
It says right in the post that any one who bought the original version, that doesn’t like the new version, can get a refund once the new version is released.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Posted by: Manda D Ulin.2367

Manda D Ulin.2367

But as it stands now, this armor is not fair to the majority of the playerbase (paying or not), as most people roll humans.

That’s a rather broad brush most people I know don’t roll humans. At launch many were but as of now I would wager much of that has changed. Just because some like generic races doesn’t mean the rest of us do.

Posted by: hannahwho.2859

hannahwho.2859

Hey, everyone. We’ve been reading all your feedback about the Flamekissed Armor Skin that was released into the Gem Store yesterday.

Although the Flamekissed Armor uses the same mesh as the Tier 3 Human Cultural Armor, it was not our intention to create an armor skin that so closely matched the existing Tier 3 Human Cultural armor set. The intention was to use the mesh as a basis for creating an armor set that stands apart and is distinct in appearance. However, after reading your feedback, we agree that the Flamekissed armor is not visually distinct enough from Human Cultural Tier 3 armor.

• We will make new art for the Flamekissed Armor Skin that achieves our goal of making a visually distinct and attractive armor set and does not closely resemble the Human Tier 3 Cultural armor.
  • Once this new artwork is completed, we will then update the Flamekissed Armor Skin so that all existing sets that players have purchased get the new art. We will also offer the Flamekissed Armor Skin for sale again at that time.
  • When we update the Flamekissed Armor Skins with the new artwork, any player that has already purchased the set and who does not like the new, updated look, can get a full refund by contacting Customer Support.

Note that there is no ETA on when this change will happen. We need to work with the Character Art Team to determine when we can have a new armor skin ready, and this could take some time.

Thank you everyone for providing your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know how you feel about the new armor set.

Thank you so much for the reply!!

Yes, i am a ranger that mains a longbow. Problem?

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

Regina.

Thank you SO much! We really, really REALLY appreciate it.

On the other side, whoever in ANet is designing armors, please please please, don’t reskin.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Thank you very much Regina, and any of the Anet team who would have been involved in the decision.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Doesn’t matter if you’re not also going to redo the Medium and Heavy sets, which are also just as lazy, just as non-“visually distinctive” as the Light version. The game’s barely been out a year and you’re already pushing reskins. It took GW1 five years to get to that point with the Eye of the North armor sets. Is that really the direction this game is going? Already?

Posted by: Tecca.4036

Tecca.4036

That’s not a totally fair option. Then what about everyone that didn’t get the chance to purchase the “now super exclusive” armor? I’m sorry, but this is the most fair way. You can get a full refund if you don’t like the new skin. But as it stands now, this armor is not fair to the majority of the playerbase (paying or not), as most people roll humans.

Its only not fair to those who bought the T3 set which is not nearly a majority of the playerbase.

It’s human cultural armor. It’s not fair to an entire race in the game. Obviously your opinion is very biased as you like the armor and want to keep it, and that’s fine. But thinking objectively, it’s not fair. I don’t care about T3 light, I don’t play a scholar class. But I can still see where the line needs to be drawn.

Manda D Ulin.2367

It says right in the post that any one who bought the original version, that doesn’t like the new version, can get a refund once the new version is released.

Their problem with it is that’s an Gem refund not a gold refund or cash refund.

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

haha oh man

I LOVE the comment about the meshes being “similar”…

Also the one about not realizing how similar they were. Really? Give me a break. You got caught trying to re-use existing skins(nothing new), but charging for something that most spent in-game gold on for 2x the price.

All this reads as is: “We’re sorry you caught us. We’ll go and make the changes that should have been made in the first place.”

Sorry, but it’s ALL lazy. The T3 set is definitely a slap in the face, but the other two are as well. In future, work on putting out actual artistic content, rather than blatant money grabbing attempts.

Examples of what to do:
Phalanx Male

Examples of what NOT to do:
Phalanx Female, T3 rip-off, any kind of armor re-use that’s easily had in-game already

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

So, I got 2 sets of this skin and transmuted it over 2 sets of T3 light because it was a clear improvement in my eyes.

Now, I won’t have a T3-esque skin, and splitting the skin off will get the exotic. I will lose both sets of T3.

Where’s my 238g?

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Their problem with it is that’s an Gem refund not a gold refund or cash refund.

I’m pretty sure you can ask for a cash refund. Most people have done so in the past, and they’ve done so.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

If we ask for a refund will the armor be rolled back to what we transmuted it from?

This. This is all I am really concerned about. I would like my original skins that I transmuted over (which I paid for in the cash shop also as they were the pheonex light set) and I would like a gold refund, not a gem refund. There’s a lack of information on how this is going to work, RB.

And what can we expect for the skin fix?

Probably just some dumpy looking karma skins with some fire on it. Whole thing was just really lazy on their part and I can only expect more laziness to follow. Not something I’m interested in keeping.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Soulmyr.8094

Soulmyr.8094

Thanks Anet. Please never make the same mistake again! And stop with recycled armor!

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

I’m sad they’re going to change it personally. But, I am in the camp that thinks the medium and heavy versions of this armour theme needs a lot more help than the light one, because they are also not distinct enough, I feel – but with a base that is a lot more common than the light one.

And yes, it will be messy when you start to consider what you transmuted over with this etc. Hope it can be reverted painlessly if needed, it would make me happeh.

Posted by: Quest.7843

Quest.7843

What happens if you don’t like the new skin? Will there be a rollback to your previous skins, before applying the flamekiss?

Posted by: laceylush.8916

laceylush.8916

Thanks Regina, much appreciated.

[Azure] ~ Darkhaven

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

lol @ the “refund” too

If ANet just gives your gems back…have fun re-buying your armor/buying splitters to get it all back.

Such a silly response and skin creation in the first place. Next time put some effort into your work and you won’t have to deal with these kinds of issues ANet. Serves you right for going for the money grab.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I like the action(s) taken and find them appropriate as well as the speed of the answer. Can’t wait to see the “new” set

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

+10 cool points for ArenaNet. This is very noble of you, admitting a mistake and offering a reasonable fix. Nice one! Much appreciated (and this doesn’t even affect me, but this has seriously restored some of my faith in Anet)

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

So, I got 2 sets of this skin and transmuted it over 2 sets of T3 light because it was a clear improvement in my eyes.

Now, I won’t have a T3-esque skin, and splitting the skin off will get the exotic. I will lose both sets of T3.

Where’s my 238g?

This is a really crappy situation. I really hope ANet takes care of you and those in similar situations, when the time comes. For now, you get to keep the skin you like, but when they remake it, if you aren’t pleased, you need to be taken care of properly. I don’t consider myself a fanboy/white knight, but I think they know that this is messy, and I’m thinking they will be willing to accommodate via support tickets on a case-by-case basis if it becomes necessary.

Also, I’m wondering…any chance those of us who are human can keep this version of the skin permanently?

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

I’m sorry but I gotta call you out on this bit. There is NO way possible this was merely non-intention. It was the EXACT same skin with fire added. The same coding was used with some additions. Copy/Paste+fire

My thoughts exactly. They did not even try to alter it, and their excuse rings hollow.

Posted by: Yocchan.8902

Yocchan.8902

What about the other two skins? If the new sets are supposed to be visually distinct, those are just as far from it as the T3 one.

Posted by: Jinn.7143

Jinn.7143

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU REGINA <3
I could never have hoped a better response, not even in my wildest dreams!

as I wrote previously
“(I have been paying them monthly for gems because I loved what they do and how they listen us, respect us and respond to us)”

If this fix really happens, I will most gladly continue my loving support as a paying customer to you!

To be honest I do not know a company which better listens to its community. I know it can be seriously hard sometimes when everyone has something more or less important to complain about. And I often feel sorry for that you need to read a lot of needless and non-constructive aggressive feedback. That’s why I have been staying away from the forums before, But this really was an issue that conflicted with the core idea of the game (visual progression). *And with your quick and unbelievably respectful response you have my respect (and continuing support) back! *

Love <3
- Jinn

(edited by Jinn.7143)

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

I’m sorry but I gotta call you out on this bit. There is NO way possible this was merely non-intention. It was the EXACT same skin with fire added. The same coding was used with some additions. Copy/Paste+fire

Skins don’t really have coding, it’s an art asset not a block of code.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Manda D Ulin.2367

Also, I’m wondering…any chance those of us who are human can keep this version of the skin permanently?

I would like to know this as well. The only reason I never purchased t3 was because it was so boring before. They should consider patching in an evolution to the cultural armors that you can opt for minor changes like the flames as the living story moves on to your existing set.

Posted by: ruincakes.8231

ruincakes.8231

What do you think it will be? It won’t be a new model of course, but what do you think Anet will switch it to? I’m hoping for CoF gear with more fire, that would be cool.

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

So here is my concern. I bought the skin it is on my character, am I going to have to delete it if I don’t like the new skin? I have celestial armor with traveler runes.. not something I really want to delete and have to replace.

Avster.1935

Just ugh, one more thing. Is it possible to re-do the medium and heavy armor as well?

Reskinning is just …a cash grabbing low blow lol

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Posted by: BeoErgon.9107

BeoErgon.9107

Well,
You know what? This really made it for me. I am so happy that I might end purchasing the NEW armor when it comes out.

Some faith restored.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

I would buy it if it was based on the PvP exclusive Masquerade set, but I doubt it will be that set.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

It won’t be dungeon armor.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

So you’re going to take away something that people bought and enjoy without compensating them fairly. It is great to be a paying customer at ArenaNet.

I don’t want a refund. I want to like the armor my character is wearing after the change to be armor I like as much as the armor it is wearing now. If I would rather have 800 gems than the armor I have now I wouldn’t have bought it. I wouldn’t have crafted a destroyer staff and skinned over two destroyer daggers to match it. I wouldn’t have invested time into restarting to level a character that is going to be on hold indefinitely until they get around with doing the work on a new skin.

Since it is on my sylvari to be as good it has to handle the dyes the same way, have the same areas of skin showing and have the flame effect look as good on it to be worth keeping before even accounting for the fact that they need to make a good looking skin that is in the same general theme, but looks different enough from the T3 that people won’t complain. And, if the result is good, but doesn’t match the destroyer weapons and instead matches the fused weapons, are they going to let me swap so I have a matching character?

For those of you who got what you wanted, enjoy it. I don’t begrudge you it any more than I begrudge the people who are enjoying the changes on the sylvari armor that messed up one of my characters. But saying that what ANet is doing in the course of making you happy is fair to everyone else isn’t true.

Avster.1935

How about a completely different new skin? That’d be interesting no? Reskins are no fun.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Skins don’t really have coding, it’s an art asset not a block of code.

Please explain further. I was under the impression that they used bitmaps, which in laymans terms is a series of 0s and 1s.

Serenity now~Insanity later

(edited by Essence Snow.3194)

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Problem solved.
-Cultural armor stays unique to the human race
-If you bought the flame set already but don’t like the new style, you get a refund
This was the best way to fix the problem gj

Posted by: Daniel.5463

Daniel.5463

At first i would say that i really appreciate it, that you reacted fast about the replies against this armor set being available for all races.
But despite this i have to say that there is atleast an community as big as that who were against the armor, like there is of ppl who saw this armor and just thought “wow this looks awesome, i rly like it and i want to walk around with this!”
In my opinion, this is the best light armor i’ve ever seen being released by you, even if it’s “just” an revamp for the human t3 armor.
when i started playing this game i rly loved sylvari, but i wasnt able to find an light armor for sylvari where i thought “wow this is awesome, i wanna walk around with it”, which was also the reason that i currently only got 1 sylvari char, which is a thief. but then you released this new armor set and i was really happy after seeing this armor. i was even thinking about buying a new char slot, lvling a new ele to 80 and give him this armor, and im an wvw player, meaning i would’ve to get a high wvw rank (about 250) to be effective, for both guard stacks and some supply buffs, meaning it would be the third char i would’ve to farm that high.

Suggestion:
Instead of deleting it completly out of the game, how about you think of sth like adding a revamp for every t3 armor in the gemshop, for an appropriate price (sth like 2000gems). i would pay it, because it would be worth it for me! and if there is a revamp for each t3 available, for an higher price then the t3 would cost, then i think it would be nice for everyone. the casual players can buy the cheaper normal version of their race, the hardcore players can buy the expensive version from the gemshop from whichever race they like and you would make even some money out of it.
Meaning, you would continue with what you said, about creating a new model/skin for the armor,.. and afterwards you can think about adding revamps for all cultural armorsets.

I hope you’re able to find a compromise which will make both sides happy, those who’re against cultural armor being available for both sides (for the reasons of being exclusive (can’t do anything about that) and more expensive (increase the price for t3 armor and this point is gone)) and those who fell in love with this new armor set (for looking awesome).
Here’s a screenshot of my first thoughts of how i could implement this on a sylvari.

Thank you for your time reading my post

Attachments:

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

As far as the new light armor goes, just… please, don’t make it a reskinned karma armor like the heavy is. Actually, best case would be redoing all three armors because of the sheer laziness of it all. I really, really love the flamekissed armor on my male Sylvari because it’s so…. flamboyant. When designing the new outfit, please keep that level of fabulous it has right now, and the amount of skin showing. Otherwise, it’ll just be like everything else in the game, just with some fire on it.

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

Posted by: ruincakes.8231

ruincakes.8231

How about a completely different new skin? That’d be interesting no? Reskins are no fun.

You better start buying gems then

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

Yea they make it sound like its going to get a revamp, but they will probably just pick some crappy skin and chuck some flame on it like they did with the heavy and medium.

At least they are giving refunds.

Minion

Avster.1935

Suggestion:
Instead of deleting it completly out of the game, how about you think of sth like adding a revamp for every t3 armor in the gemshop, for an appropriate price (sth like 2000gems). i would pay it, because it would be worth it for me! and if there is a revamp for each t3 available, for an higher price then the t3 would cost, then i think it would be nice for everyone. the casual players can buy the cheaper normal version of their race, the hardcore players can buy the expensive version from the gemshop from whichever race they like and you would make even some money out of it.
Meaning, you would continue with what you said, about creating a new model/skin for the armor,.. and afterwards you can think about adding revamps for all cultural armorsets.

Why are you advocating more gem store stuff? Why can’t we EARN the “new and improved” t3 skin in game? …

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

I am so amused by people saying ‘faith restored’. Its not like it was an accident that a T3 skin was used. It was probably trailed to see community reaction. It shows ANET will do anything for money. Anything that is, except an expansion.

Minion

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

The medium and heavy armor sets deserve some changes, too. It’s already unfair enough light armor is so superior to them, now it gets improved while the other two aren’t.

Improve the other two armors, too, to make them distinct enough from their originals, which aren’t prestigious at all. I mean, WvW badge armor and level 30 karma skin: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_armor_sets#Quick_reference_table Huge series disparity.

It’s too late to balance that, so just make sure you put the same dedication on reworking the light armor in the medium and heavy, too. Worry about balancing the series-inequality it with the next skins, by adding the cultural to medium or heavy instead.

But please, rework medium and heavy too. They already got the short stick here against light, don’t make it shorter.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

I was actually going to get the T3 light armor flamekissed skin, because I liked it. Any chance it can be obtained some other way? No use is throwing away the assets for a solid skin.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Posted by: Daniel.5463

Daniel.5463

Suggestion:

Why are you advocating more gem store stuff? Why can’t we EARN the “new and improved” t3 skin in game? …

it was just an example, i would prefer it being earned with sth ingame, maybe something in pvp or some difficult achievement which grants you the vendor for that set in your home instance or sth like that, didn’t think about it very much, because the most important part for me is that the armor will be available.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I’m very disappointed that this is the way that was chosen to handle this situation despite many alternatives that take a little more effort and do not involve taking the new Flamekissed skin away from players who wished to have it, have already purchased it, and are very pleased with it.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

I’m very disappointed that this is the way that was chosen to handle this situation despite many alternatives that take a little more effort and do not involve taking the new Flamekissed skin away from players who wished to have it, have already purchased it, and are very pleased with it.

You do not seem to realise that any solution HAS TO involve that.

Posted by: Doom Brewer.4653

Doom Brewer.4653

I reskinned my original t3 human light armor with the new armor from the gem store? Are you going to refund that? or just the 800 gems? because that is NOT fair.

Posted by: Ambush.9420

Ambush.9420

Suggestion:

You could via buying gems with gold.

Posted by: Liz.5921

Liz.5921

I’m glad this is being changed. I didn’t like that my ele had gotten her T3 and all of these other people running around, not human can get the exact same set (with fire) for 10$. Eff that. Thank you ANet for removing this.

Veliya Elyse of [ARES]
Human Elementalist <3
Dragonbrand U.S.

Posted by: MetalGirl.2370

MetalGirl.2370

I transmuted Flamekissed Light with Sylavri Racial T3 …. I’d like it back! … I spent 120g on Racial and 70g on Flamekissed. I want my racial back so that i dont need to pay 120g again …

Mesmerizing