[Merged] Cultural Human T3 Not Exclusive

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rialen.1524

Rialen.1524

This entire situation is an outrage. Both the creation and release, and the proposed solution are extremely unprofessional. By so blatantly re-skinning — there is no way this is an oversight — a unique item, Arena Net degraded the value of the item, and in turn devalued the time of original consumers of T3 Human armor. The consumers work and time for a unique item was now wasted, destroyed by Arena Net’s decision. Any opportunities they missed to acquire this armor are now forever gone.

Arena Net saw the harm this caused, and responded, but their offered solution is far from correct. They offer an unknown remake of the skin to the consumers, or a refund on the purchase. This solution takes no account of the work or time any consumer spent to integrate the skin to his/her character. Without knowing what the updated version will be, any consumer’s resources spent to obtain this form of the skin are devalued; as they can only act in concerns to what they know, their current skin. All time is valuable, in more than a monetary sense. The other opportunities that were bypassed to work for the skin/gems/items to go with the skin and the investments (whether intellectual/monetary/etc.) are lost with this solution. This especially affects the uninformed consumers, who are still out there working to acquire items to go with the Flamekissed skin. All of the time they spend becomes nothing with the update of the skin. The refund option does not credit consumers for any time that has been wasted, only crediting the sole purchase.

In short, Arena Net is rectifying devaluation of one party by devaluing another party. They created a devaluation of human T3 consumers by removing the unique aspect of the armor, thus the work and time of many T3 consumers is devalued and lost. The solution they present, to revalue T3 users, creates a devaluation of the Flamekissed consumer, in a very similar way to the T3 party’s devaluation. Any work or time the Flamekissed consumers invested is now lost.

No company should, in any form, devalue its consumers. To correct this wrong, Arena Net needs realize the value of both parties of consumers. First, the skin must be removed from sale, and be reworked, to prevent the continued devaluation of T3 users. This has been done, and was a correct decision. Next, any consumer who purchased the Flamekissed skin needs to be allowed the option to keep the current version. This takes into account the work and time they spent to acquire it and adapt to it, thus respecting their invested time.

For those who purchased the T3 Human skin, their armor will remain slightly devalued, an unfortunate outcome of a poor decision made by Arena Net. No solution will completely rectify this wrong, but the current proposed solution only harms the entirety of another party. Arena Net needs to take responsibility concerning this substandard decision and their devaluation of one party, and not in-turn devalue another.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Something to keep in mind… While there were plenty of people who may have been unhappy that the light armor looked a lot like the T3 human and thus are now happy that it’s going to be changed, there are going to be a lot of people who are equally unhappy about said change because they bought it or wanted it, and now can’t keep it (I am among these). I wanted that armor skin… badly in fact. I’m not angry at ANet for changing it, I can understand that they need to satisfy as many customers as possible. HOWEVER I AM KITTENED OFF AT THE PART OF THE COMMUNITY THAT OVERREACTED TO THIS AND IS KEEPING ME FROM GETTING IT!

How about the part of the community that was upset about it being released cause they earned it? How about the part of the community that lost there fractal progression so everyone could be put on even keel? I guess there wants needs and desires are not as important as yours cause thats whats being implied?

Please don’t over read my post. I was merely stating that while those folks have a right to rage about precisely that, I have an equal right to rage about loosing out on it. Nothing more, nothing less. I’m angry, period. I’m angry at what I see as an overreaction, period. End of story, period.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

This entire situation is an outrage. Both the creation and release, and the proposed solution are extremely unprofessional.

-snip for space-

For those who purchased the T3 Human skin, their armor will remain slightly devalued, an unfortunate outcome of a poor decision made by Arena Net. No solution will completely rectify this wrong, but the current proposed solution only harms the entirety of another party. Arena Net needs to take responsibility concerning this substandard decision and their devaluation of one party, and not in-turn devalue another.

I like you. This is the most constructive thing I’ve seen on this whole monster of a thread.

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

How about the part of the community that was upset about it being released cause they earned it? How about the part of the community that lost there fractal progression so everyone could be put on even keel? I guess there wants needs and desires are not as important as yours cause thats whats being implied?

Few things in this game are truly earned as you put it. It all comes back to gold and gold can be gotten not only by converting gems but also by purchasing it from outside sources. Gold is not some great achievement which should be respected.

I’d be inclined to agree with you if this armor required getting through some hellish dungeon or conquering an epic boss encounter. If so it would be completely lame of them to throw a better looking version up on the gem store. But that isn’t the case here. The acquisition method is identical except for Flamekissed being cheaper and available to more races.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Something to keep in mind… While there were plenty of people who may have been unhappy that the light armor looked a lot like the T3 human…..

Ermm…it was the T3 cultural, it didn’t just look “a lot like” it was the same model, the only change was particle effects.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Grishnakk.9426

Grishnakk.9426

This entire situation is an outrage. Both the creation and release, and the proposed solution are extremely unprofessional. By so blatantly re-skinning — there is no way this is an oversight — a unique item, Arena Net degraded the value of the item, and in turn devalued the time of original consumers of T3 Human armor. The consumers work and time for a unique item was now wasted, destroyed by Arena Net’s decision. Any opportunities they missed to acquire this armor are now forever gone.

SNIP—-

Very well said and logical – My thoughts exactly, yet only worded 100x better.

Amorphis – Elementalist.
Grishnakk – Warrior.
TKG – JQQ Oceanic – www.fivefingerdiscount.org

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

what I am reading people would prefer to get what they want now at the cost of the entire game tomorrow. Thats what this boils down to upset a few thousand people who bought the armor now or end up losing credibility with the majority of the community.

I feel like a broken record but you guys sound like broken records also. Think about this on a much larger skill not just me and you. They let this slide why would people have any incentive to do anything? People’s trust in arena.net is already shaky because of the fractals update where people lost progression. People are fuming over the living story and scarlet. Adding this to the mix could easily destroy the game over the next few months.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Honestly, I liked the idea of the Flamekissed armor, because I want the cultural armor to be available to all races. I definitely want to get some Asuran T3 armor onto my other characters.

I think the solution you came up with is a fair one, no question there, but I would prefer one that would allow you to keep expanding the cultural armors to other races. The solution is not to stop doing this, but rather to make it so that the T3 armor doesn’t cost an arm, a leg, the other arm, the other leg, and whatever other limbs you might have available. That’s why people are annoyed, because something that used to be crazy expensive is now available as a cash shop purchase. Make them all cheap and it’s a non-issue.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Honestly, I liked the idea of the Flamekissed armor, because I want the cultural armor to be available to all races. I definitely want to get some Asuran T3 armor onto my other characters.

I think the solution you came up with is a fair one, no question there, but I would prefer one that would allow you to keep expanding the cultural armors to other races. The solution is not to stop doing this, but rather to make it so that the T3 armor doesn’t cost an arm, a leg, the other arm, the other leg, and whatever other limbs you might have available. That’s why people are annoyed, because something that used to be crazy expensive is now available as a cash shop purchase. Make them all cheap and it’s a non-issue.

I don’t think making them cheap is the solution here. I think we need to have some way of gaining favor with the other races and by doing that unlock the skins. People want the cosmetic progression they were promised and right now the only thing which matters is farming gold which is a bore.

Posted by: The Angle of Deth.2985

The Angle of Deth.2985

I’m another who bought this armor and I want to keep it. I bought it in good faith. I paid for it…. not some substitute. I don’t want a refund either. I want the armor I purchased. We who bought this armor did nothing wrong. We were supporting the game by buying from the gem shop. And now it’s going to be taken away?

This armor is gorgeous. I don’t care that it’s a T3 cultural armor. That’s not why I bought it. As soon as I saw it I told my guildies that my necro was getting new armor! I had it bought and on in less than two minutes. I DONT WANT ANYTHING ELSE.

I will be beyond kittened off if I log on to find some crap armor substitute on my main character.

IF Anet screwed up, why should we who purchased the armor be penalized?

I WANT TO KEEP THE ARMOR I PAID FOR. PERIOD.

Posted by: hchadw.1097

hchadw.1097

<quote>Rialen.1524:

This entire situation is an outrage. Both the creation and release, and the proposed solution are extremely unprofessional.

-snip for space-

For those who purchased the T3 Human skin, their armor will remain slightly devalued, an unfortunate outcome of a poor decision made by Arena Net. No solution will completely rectify this wrong, but the current proposed solution only harms the entirety of another party. Arena Net needs to take responsibility concerning this substandard decision and their devaluation of one party, and not in-turn devalue another.</quote>

I prefer your idea. Let us keep it if we Bought it and mabe put another (Ooops We messed up Exchange NPC in the black lion building just like the (Ooops we Messed up Gather Tools Guy.. or heck use him .. make him the Anet OOOPS support NPC to exchange Messups! LoLz

Posted by: Spawne.3128

Spawne.3128

what I am reading people would prefer to get what they want now at the cost of the entire game tomorrow. Thats what this boils down to upset a few thousand people who bought the armor now or end up losing credibility with the majority of the community.

I feel like a broken record but you guys sound like broken records also. Think about this on a much larger skill not just me and you. They let this slide why would people have any incentive to do anything? People’s trust in arena.net is already shaky because of the fractals update where people lost progression. People are fuming over the living story and scarlet. Adding this to the mix could easily destroy the game over the next few months.

trust me, a few thousand people did not buy this armor, maybe a couple hundred, and maybe less then 100 of them are actually complaining about getting a refund.

Posted by: Cathgar.7581

Cathgar.7581

I’m another who bought this armor and I want to keep it. I bought it in good faith. I paid for it…. not some substitute. I don’t want a refund either. I want the armor I purchased. We who bought this armor did nothing wrong. We were supporting the game by buying from the gem shop. And now it’s going to be taken away?

This armor is gorgeous. I don’t care that it’s a T3 cultural armor. That’s not why I bought it. As soon as I saw it I told my guildies that my necro was getting new armor! I had it bought and on in less than two minutes. I DONT WANT ANYTHING ELSE.

I will be beyond kittened off if I log on to find some crap armor substitute on my main character.

Seconded.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

If they keep it in the game it needs to be forever acquirable through an npc for normal T3 armor prices. I do agree that some people got shafted but creating an ultra exclusive, limited edition armor isn’t going to be a solution to the problem.

Anet created a no win situation and someone is going to ave to take a kick in the kitten to make it right. Unfortunately the best scenario would probably be to screw the folks with T3 armor but lessen the devaluing of their efforts by making sure that any future acquisitions of the T3 flamekissed armor comes with the same hefty price tag we all have to pay for T3 skins.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Berelious.3290

Seconded as well.

Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Cathgar.7581

trust me, a few thousand people did not buy this armor, maybe a couple hundred, and maybe less then 100 of them are actually complaining about getting a refund.

Lol @ a couple of hundred.

And the ones complaining are probably a lot more than the few T3 owners complaining.

Posted by: mons.1386

mons.1386

I own the human light T3 for very long and paid some real money to buy some gems and get this T3 “newskin”.
Arenanet has decided that this skin shouldn’t have been available for gems and will be modified.
I don’t want another bad looking armor instead of this one nor gems ,i want my real money back.
So what will happen?Arenanet took my real money and keeps it while i am not interested in anything else in the game . This sounds really irrespectfull.
What next,they’ll sell legendaries skins for gems ,people will pay some real money to get it and 2 days later,they’ll say:“Ok,we made a mistake,we change these legendary skins into skins you won’t like but we don’t care,you’ve already paid for it and we keep the money.”?!

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

One more time for those who are a little slow.

When you created your character, there were 3 major aspects for why you chose the race that you did:

1. Overall appearance of the race
2. Racial abilities
3. Racial armor

Many humans (myself included) chose human over other races because we like the racial armor and being human was the only way to acquire that appearance. I would have rather made a norn with their more attractive faces, superior hairstyles and OP racial abilities if I could have had the same overall appearance with the same armor.

Fast forward 15 months.

ANet: We’re releasing human armor for everybody!
Humans: … Erm… what do we get?
ANet: You get to buy it too!
Humans: … I already have it… as my exclusive racial armor… for more than twice as much…
ANet: But now it has FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Humans: So now everyone can use our cultural armor, but we can’t use their’s?
ANet: DUDE!!! IT HAS FIRE ON IT!!! IT’S LITERALLY ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!
Humans: Yeah… about tha
ANet: FIRE!!! Did you get your burn on? Bros know when they get their burn on.
Humans: I guess…
ANet: No, bro. Bros know. BBBBBUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRNNNNN!!!
Humans: kitten you

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

If they keep it in the game it needs to be forever acquirable through an npc for normal T3 armor prices. I do agree that some people got shafted but creating an ultra exclusive, limited edition armor isn’t going to be a solution to the problem.

Anet created a no win situation and someone is going to ave to take a kick in the kitten to make it right. Unfortunately the best scenario would probably be to screw the folks with T3 armor but lessen the devaluing of their efforts by making sure that any future acquisitions of the T3 flamekissed armor comes with the same hefty price tag we all have to pay for T3 skins.

Actually, I would totally pay the 120g for the set. That’s how much I like having it on my male Sylvari. Not kidding in the slightest. Would that make you feel better, people who bought t3 human? I’m being serious – if the price were the same, would you still be quite so livid?

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

Cathgar.7581

When you created your character, there were 3 major aspects for why you chose the race that you did:

2. Racial abilities
3. Racial armor

Many humans (myself included) chose human over other races because we like the racial armor and being human was the only way to acquire that appearance. I would have rather made a norn with their more attractive faces, superior hairstyles and OP racial abilities if I could have had the same overall appearance with the same armor.

Fast forward 15 months.

Humans: … I already have it… as my exclusive racial armor… for more than twice as much…

Get off of that coffee.

Cathgar.7581

Actually, I would totally pay the 120g for the set. That’s how much I like having it on my male Sylvari. Not kidding in the slightest. Would that make you feel better, people who bought t3 human? I’m being serious – if the price were the same, would you still be quite so livid?

Of course they would still be livid as then it would not be exclusive.

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

Most likely it will be around a few 100 I was being generous with my figure. How many people do you really think play the game? How many people do you think logged in on the one day it was available? The armor was not even on the store for 24hr’s. Assuming there where (I am being crazy generous) 15-20k people who logged in over the course of the armor being available. How many people do you think really bought that armor? Where hearing the very vocal minority who are upset the armor is being removed.

hchadw.1097

2. Racial abilities
3. Racial armor

Fast forward 15 months.

One more time for those of us that are Slower than us Regular Slow people.

We dont care.. I have a human as well.. I spent all that gold on getting my Human T3.. I bought this and was happy to copy this over my current T3. I was not offended or mad in anyway that it was able to be purchased on the Gemstore…

I was actually hoping this would lead to other Cultural crossovers. Im happy i have this new Flame T3 to replace my old Boring T3. Im one of the few i think that was not at all mad that Human T3 Exclusive armor was on the Gemstore.

I want to myself keep what i bought. I already owned T3 human and used this to update it. Im happy and now im gonna lose my Old T3 and My new T3. GRRRRRRR

What we REALLY should be asking is Why isnt T3 Exotic… Now that i think about it … seems like no long term thought goes into anything anymore in this game.

(edited by hchadw.1097)

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

I think they removed it from gemstore….

Cathgar.7581

Most likely it will be around a few 100 I was being generous with my figure. How many people do you really think play the game? How many people do you think logged in on the one day it was available? The armor was not even on the store for 24hr’s. Assuming there where (I am being crazy generous) 15-20k people who logged in over the course of the armor being available. How many people do you think really bought that armor? Where hearing the very vocal minority who are upset the armor is being removed.

Without any figures, no one will know except ANET as to how many sold and it is also a minority of T3 owners that are complaining as well.

Substance E.4852

I wouldn’t have cared at all and I’m sure many of the others wouldn’t have either. It’s still a raw deal that human toons just got a particle effect while other races got a whole new armor but they could have just come out and said other racial armor reskins are coming and that would have solved the problem there.

For me it’s an issue of equal effort for equal reward even if the flames do make it even cooler than the normal T3.

The whole “I have to stick with crappy human elites” is more to do with skill imbalance and racials still being allowed in WvW when they never should be in any kind of pvp setting.

(edited by Substance E.4852)

hchadw.1097

Without any figures, no one will know except ANET as to how many sold and it is also a minority of T3 owners that are complaining as well.

That is what i was hoping .. I think im in that minority .. it didnt bother me one bit and i went through the trouble myself to get T3 then trans it over to Exotic. I was like Cool ill upgrade my look…… now because of some QQing…. i cant… im gonna lose both my old T3 and my new. I was excited i was like mabe next they will redo the norn Cultural. i would buy that for my human.. cause the norn outfits look more rangerish.

Guess that dream will die now.. oh well!

Spawne.3128

The only thing I can see for certain is that for the entire day today, ive only seen ONE person wearing this armor in all of lions arch.

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

If so few people bought it and that it has now been removed. I don’t quite see what would be the problem of letting the people who bought it keep it. Chances are, there are so few of them you won’t even see it in game most of the time.

Substance E.4852

The only thing I can see for certain is that for the entire day today, ive only seen ONE person wearing this armor in all of lions arch.

I wouldn’t be surprised if many are stashing it to avoid getting too used to something they know will soon be disappearing.

Spawne.3128

If so few people bought it and that it has now been removed. I don’t quite see what would be the problem of letting the people who bought it keep it. Chances are, there are so few of them you won’t even see it in game most of the time.

That would be far too logical lol

Posted by: Naii.9810

Naii.9810

I’ve been saving some gold on the side for some T3 for my asura. If I bought it, and Anet sells some flashier ones in the store afterwards, I’d feel pretty kitten ed and gypped.

Cathgar.7581

Seen a lot on Tarnished Coast and a lot of people complaining that it has been removed from store in game chat.

Posted by: mons.1386

mons.1386

Caffynated,

People who create a character are not all supposed to have already played the game so they are not supposed to know about the races abilities or how their cultural armors look.

If you can’t figure it out,you are the little slow one.

Spawne.3128

Seen a lot on Tarnished Coast and a lot of people complaining that it has been removed from store in game chat.

Well my server (northern shiverpeaks) is probably significantly smaller, only complaints i saw about armor were in regards to someone who linked the asceneded armor, in particular the “wupwup” sets.

Cathgar.7581

Very good point, +1.

hchadw.1097

Exactly +1 this! Let us keep what we got and happily put out another WvW/Karma Flameclone.

Otherwise i fear im gonna be in a Lost Original T3 human armor and Lost New Flame T3 armor cause thats what i used it on… Existing Human T3!

Substance E.4852

After all this you really think anet would put in a super duper limited edition armor with flame effects on a beloved skin and then never ever let people get it again?

I can maybe see the other two since they are far less popular but this would be a nightmare for them to deal with.

It’s also highly hypocritical since so many on the pro flame side seem to love ridiculing people on the other side for wanting “exclusive armor”. You can’t get much more exclusive than an armor that was only available for a few hours and then never ever again.

Cathgar.7581

Well my server (northern shiverpeaks) is probably significantly smaller, only complaints i saw about armor were in regards to someone who linked the asceneded armor, in particular the “wupwup” sets.

At one point on TC, there was even a lineup of players with flamekissed in front of TP as people wanted to see what was taken out of store.

(edited by Cathgar.7581)

Posted by: Mnemon.6205

Mnemon.6205

This. Honestly it would’ve grated a lot less on me if the constant calls of ‘why is this rare-stat armor so expensive’ didn’t just get met with ‘suck it up nugget’, right to the day where Flamekissed was released. Cause, you not only had to get HT3, but you then had to get the level 80 crystals (which you played the RNG game for with low odds, or bought on the gem store) to put it on armor that turned it into something other than suicide fashion. Suddenly, the whole issue of T3 being unreasonable to get is swept under the rug, and all the people who feel ripped off are evil loose cannons who won’t let it go.

It just being HT3 when other races had neat armors that remained behind the iron curtain of ‘make another char just to equip them sucker’ just salted the wound.

ANet should just reintroduce the skin later, and start figuring out how to make cultural armors work between different races in general now, because this whole issue just masks another one that’s frustrated people for awhile. If we’re going to be force fed the Pact then maybe we ought to see more cultural interchange.

Posted by: Morinmeth.9823

Morinmeth.9823

I had tier 3 human cultural on my human elementalist, female. As soon as I saw the gem armor, I was really happy. I thought hey, my favourite armor in the game, now available to EVERYONE, with some cool-looking effects on it, too! Instead of being a kitten about “how exclusive and human-only this armor should be”, I said “thank you arenanet for making my elementalist look even more awesome, have my ten bucks”.

I am not as selfish as the majority of the community here. I prefer saying thank you, instead of “this skin is wrong”. In fact, if more t3 cultural armors would be remade, with extra animations (icy ones for the norn t3 heavy, electricity for asuras, etc), it would be freaking awesome. I don’t care if I have to pay gems or gold for it. I don’t care about who wears what. They’re skins. SKINS. Come on. You’re not gonna be paying attention to the skin while killing people in WvW or PvP, you just want the skin to look cool in Lion’s Arch!

But no, just because this community is selfish as hell, Arenanet are following what pleases their customers. And unfortunately, for them it’s the right decision. But I just want to add, that I just officially dislike this community a lot.

I really hope the new Flamekissed armor is awesome, because if it ain’t, I want my previous armor back.

hchadw.1097

At one point on TC, there was even a lineup of players with flameseeker in front of TP as people wanted to see what was taken out of store.

<—-Existing Human T3 owner speaking here (Because it looks good)

I bought it myself to copy over my old T3 armor ….. so what answer is there for me ? im in a Lose/Lose situation.

Cathgar.7581

At one point on TC, there was even a lineup of players with flameseeker in front of TP as people wanted to see what was taken out of store.

<—-Existing Human T3 owner speaking here (Because it looks good)

I bought it myself to copy over my old T3 armor ….. so what answer is there for me ? im in a Lose/Lose situation.

I’m in the same boat with my Human Mesmer.

Substance E.4852

I had tier 3 human cultural on my human elementalist, female. As soon as I saw the gem armor, I was really happy. I thought hey, my favourite armor in the game, now available to EVERYONE, with some cool-looking effects on it, too! Instead of being a kitten about “how exclusive and human-only this armor should be”, I said “thank you arenanet for making my elementalist look even more awesome, have my ten bucks”.

I am not as selfish as the majority of the community here. I prefer saying thank you, instead of “this skin is wrong”. In fact, if more t3 cultural armors would be remade, with extra animations (icy ones for the norn t3 heavy, electricity for asuras, etc), it would be freaking awesome. I don’t care if I have to pay gems or gold for it. I don’t care about who wears what. They’re skins. SKINS. Come on. You’re not gonna be paying attention to the skin while killing people in WvW or PvP, you just want the skin to look cool in Lion’s Arch!

But no, just because this community is selfish as hell, Arenanet are following what pleases their customers. And unfortunately, for them it’s the right decision. But I just want to add, that I just officially dislike this community a lot.

I really hope the new Flamekissed armor is awesome, because if it ain’t, I want my previous armor back.

Lol it’s like you people just can’t do basic math and comprehend the fact that it cost 1/3 the price of T3 armor.

Go through every post here and tally up the posts that complain about “exclusivity” and the ones pointing out how its the same armor for a fraction for the cost and I bet you you won’t find more folks complaining that other races can have the humans’ armor and a lot more people complaining about how their armor just droped in value by a whole lot because anet thought it should only be worth 60g after all.

Telling people they just have to deal with the items they earned dropping in value because you want something for cheap is also pretty kitten selfish and really eroding the sympathy I have for people who are having to deal with losing an armor they like.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Exactly….

The worst part is that are also selectively selfish…

You can see many of them have a double standard when it comes to their T3 or OTHER fotm level/skins….

Don t touch my shiniesz…..hey i can have other shiniez? ohhh that is totally fair…

Pleasing the worst part of community led gw2 where we are now….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Cathgar.7581

Lol it’s like you people just can’t do basic math and comprehend the fact that it cost 1/3 the price of T3 armor.

Go through every post here and tally up the posts that complain about “exclusivity” and the ones pointing out how its the same armor for a fraction for the cost and I bet you you won’t find more folks complaining that other races can have the humans’ armor and a lot more people complaining about how their armor just droped in value by a whole lot because anet thought it should only be worth 60g after all.

Telling people they just have to deal with the items they earned dropping in value because you want something for cheap is also pretty kitten selfish and really eroding the sympathy I have for people who are having to deal with losing an armor they like.

What,s your point then as the thread topic is Cultural Human T3 Not Exclusive, and not about the cost difference.

hchadw.1097

Oh great now we have people saying because Im not mad i cant do math. About it being a T3 human <—-T3 owner myself …. …..yet i wasnt upset, those of us that dont care about the MMORPG elite-E-Thugness dont really care about cost/Rareness. I spent the gold on the T3…
I spent the gold on the transtones to convert it to Exotic….

Yet i was not mad about the release of the flamekiss T3 Clone… I bought it and upgraded my T3 Human look as soon as it was released.

Posted by: Azarath.7862

Azarath.7862

Forgive me for saying this, but I am very displeased with the decision to change the armor. It could go well, if the new armor looks great, but right now I am upset. The reason I made an elementalist as my first character was because I saw the human tier 3 cultural armor on the character select screen. Why did I not buy the t3 armor? I am poor in game. I could have, at one point, but it is hard to justify spending so much. I was content with my decision. Then, yesterday, I found this armor. I bought it instantly. What is better than t3 human armor? Human t3 armor on fire. Yet so many people are mad because it is a reused skin. I haven’t heard much about the other two classes. Also reused skins (and not so great looking in my opinion). If the flame kissed armor is brought down to the standard of the other two skins, I will be very sad. Yes, the refund will help, but the joy of my new armor will be gone.

All I can say is this—I really hope anet can make a replacement skin that is on par with the beauty I am dressed in now. Otherwise, a little (just a little) of my love for this game will die with my favorite skin to date.

Berelious.3290

I fail to see how your price argument has merit when the above people have already said they purchased T3. Value is not the issue. In fact there will still be people buying T3 human precisely because it doesn’t have the flame effect, or because they think the color patterning is different. The issue is that ANet was forced to remove an armor skin from the gem store and will be changing it because certain other community members had a tizzy because Human T3 had lost some of exclusivity, something which I think was long overdue. People wanted it. People paid for it. It’s not like the original is going anywhere, and it isn’t devalued. The people who wanted the gem store skin should still be able to get it. The people who already have it shouldn’t have it changed. I honestly have to feel sorry for the people at ANet for getting caught between this rock and hard place.

Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Grim Jr.8946

Grim Jr.8946

Arena Net saw the harm this caused, and responded, but their offered solution is far from correct. They offer an unknown remake of the skin to the consumers, or a refund on the purchase. This solution takes no account of the work or time any consumer spent to integrate the skin to his/her character. Without knowing what the updated version will be, any consumer’s resources spent to obtain this form of the skin are devalued; as they can only act in concerns to what they know, their current skin. All time is valuable, in more than a monetary sense. The other opportunities that were bypassed to work for the skin/gems/items to go with the skin and the investments (whether intellectual/monetary/etc.) are lost with this solution. This especially affects the uninformed consumers, who are still out there working to acquire items to go with the Flamekissed skin. All of the time they spend becomes nothing with the update of the skin. The refund option does not credit consumers for any time that has been wasted, only crediting the sole purchase.

In short, Arena Net is rectifying devaluation of one party by devaluing another party. They created a devaluation of human T3 consumers by removing the unique aspect of the armor, thus the work and time of many T3 consumers is devalued and lost. The solution they present, to revalue T3 users, creates a devaluation of the Flamekissed consumer, in a very similar way to the T3 party’s devaluation. Any work or time the Flamekissed consumers invested is now lost.

No company should, in any form, devalue its consumers. To correct this wrong, Arena Net needs realize the value of both parties of consumers. First, the skin must be removed from sale, and be reworked, to prevent the continued devaluation of T3 users. This has been done, and was a correct decision. Next, any consumer who purchased the Flamekissed skin needs to be allowed the option to keep the current version. This takes into account the work and time they spent to acquire it and adapt to it, thus respecting their invested time.

^^^