[Merged] Cultural Human T3 Not Exclusive

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

because medium & karma isnt culturall armor and it doenst take many time/karma/gold do take them,and they are both(old&new) really bad and ugly.

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

So… I can’t keep it? My husband thought: “You bought it, I doubt that will take it away from you, cause if they do, they better give me my gems back.”

I am one of the few who actually love the armor…

They will remove the look because it was a Cultural Tier 3 set for Humans, just with flames added. It was a kick in the face for Cultural wearers. Especially when ALL the races could wear it as well.

They will change the look into something else, and that is for everyone who bought it. When they update the look, and if you don’t like it, you will get a refund, but the look will be taken away from you.

However, if you used transmutation stones and decide you don’t like the new flamekissed, you are out of luck. You will more than likely not get your original armor back. There are already at least three human players who had bought human light T3 as a skin for their exotic armor and then used the flamekissed skin as an upgrade who will be losing their 120 gold T3 armor completely.

Makes me wonder who got the worse end of the stick here… those “kicked in the face” or those out 120+ gold and their armor.

We don’t know how the process will go, they might get their old appearance back if they take the refund for the gem armor.

If ArenaNet thinks this through, they know people will explode again if they don’t get their looks back.

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Do all of the people claiming that they or their “friends” skinned over existing t3 cultural with flamekissed realize that you’re actually undermining their own attempts to keep your welfare cultural armor?

You’re telling me that welfare cultural is so vastly superior to T3 cultural, that you effectively deleted the 119g you spent on the skin and the 30g you spent on transmutation crystals to put it on exotics, because you thought you would never again want to wear the vastly inferior T3. Think about that for a second… well, maybe a lot of seconds with this crowd.

It doesn’t undermine it at all. What they paid for it is irrelevant. How it compares to anything else and what it costs is irrelevant. They purchased it legitimately. They have more right to keep it by any moral standard than the people that complained had to take it away from them. They deserve to keep what they have whether they paid 1 gold , a hundred gold or a thousand gold.

Except for the fact that the human skin is exclusive which this armor was based off so no, I don’t see your point or how some gem skin outweighs an entire race’s cultural armor. I think they should get a hefty refund and it sucks it happened but they should not get to keep a skin that was never, ever supposed to be used by other races.

They should get a skin that they are as happy with as the one they have now. It doesn’t have to be the same one, but it has to be equal in quality, utility and desirability. They have the right to be as happy with their character after the change as they are with the character in the armor as it is now. That doesn’t make up for what is being done to them, but at least in the end they’ll have what they have now, a character they are happy with.

It isn’t the skin that outweighs anything. It is the fact that something they bought was taken away from them against their will. It is an awful feeling to have that done to you. And it is an awful thing to do to someone.

What is being done to people who bought the skin is no different than if someone walked up to you, took something of yours that you like and wanted to keep and couldn’t replace, then threw some money at you as they walked away.

Posted by: NoNicK.1093

NoNicK.1093

i will never pay again money for gems to get items which will be patched away couse some random ppl flaming around. if you didn’t like it don’t buy it.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Do all of the people claiming that they or their “friends” skinned over existing t3 cultural with flamekissed realize that you’re actually undermining their own attempts to keep your welfare cultural armor?

You’re telling me that welfare cultural is so vastly superior to T3 cultural, that you effectively deleted the 119g you spent on the skin and the 30g you spent on transmutation crystals to put it on exotics, because you thought you would never again want to wear the vastly inferior T3. Think about that for a second… well, maybe a lot of seconds with this crowd.

It doesn’t undermine it at all. What they paid for it is irrelevant. How it compares to anything else and what it costs is irrelevant. They purchased it legitimately. They have more right to keep it by any moral standard than the people that complained had to take it away from them. They deserve to keep what they have whether they paid 1 gold , a hundred gold or a thousand gold.

Except for the fact that the human skin is exclusive which this armor was based off so no, I don’t see your point or how some gem skin outweighs an entire race’s cultural armor. I think they should get a hefty refund and it sucks it happened but they should not get to keep a skin that was never, ever supposed to be used by other races.

By this argument the medium should be removed as well. While not a racial exclusive, it is exclusive in its location and its acquisition.

It’s not the same at all, since every race can get it. No matter what race I play, I will always be able to get those armors.

A slippery slope argument if I ever saw one.

The whole thing is a slippery slope, but that’s beside the point. The argument stands. The medium skin is “exclusive” to WvW, and can only be paid for in Badges of Honor. If you’re going to base your argument purely on exclusivity, then it it has to be applied all the way around. Exclusive to race, exclusive to area, still exclusive.

The argument is still invalid.

Exclusive to race means some people can never get it. (unless you actually think people will change races over this)

Exclusive to wvw means everyone can get it, but in other ways. I have over 2000 badges of honor from AP rewards alone (I never play wvw/pvp). I can easily buy it, regardless of race.

There’s a big difference between exclusive for a race, and exclusive to area (an area everyone can visit no less)

i will never pay again money for gems to get items which will be patched away couse a ton of people complained. if you didn’t like it don’t buy it.

There, fixed it for you.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

There are already at least three human players who had bought human light T3 as a skin for their exotic armor and then used the flamekissed skin as an upgrade who will be losing their 120 gold T3 armor completely.

Makes me wonder who got the worse end of the stick here… those “kicked in the face” or those out 120+ gold and their armor.

Count me as another person that is going to lose t3 cultural human armor.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Posted by: Soulmyr.8094

Soulmyr.8094

So… I can’t keep it? My husband thought: “You bought it, I doubt that will take it away from you, cause if they do, they better give me my gems back.”

They will remove the look because it was a Cultural Tier 3 set for Humans, just with flames added. It was a kick in the face for Cultural wearers. Especially when ALL the races could wear it as well.

They will change the look into something else, and that is for everyone who bought it. When they update the look, and if you don’t like it, you will get a refund, but the look will be taken away from you.

However, if you used transmutation stones and decide you don’t like the new flamekissed, you are out of luck. You will more than likely not get your original armor back. There are already at least three human players who had bought human light T3 as a skin for their exotic armor and then used the flamekissed skin as an upgrade who will be losing their 120 gold T3 armor completely.

Stop spreading lies around, creating panic. They specifically stated they will deal with compensations after the new look is released. Quoting support responses when they haven’t even finalized how the compensations will work out help no one so stop it.

Farzo.8410

Transmutation Splitters. Where is the problem?

Transmutation Splitters only works on the original look you transmuted over.

So if you bought Draconic Berserker gear, bought a transumation crystal and transmuted Tier 3 over, and then bought a new gemstore armor to transmute over again- if you then us a Transmutation Splitter you will go back to Draconic.

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

Every single one of those flamed-armors are based on pre-existing armor. The Heavy & Medium are based off of Karma Armors, why is no one complaining about that?

Because Karma Armor isn’t a 120 gold Racial Exclusive. Also, I am personally complaining that these were all crappy re-skins at full standard price, instead of actual new products.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

By this argument the medium should be removed as well. While not a racial exclusive, it is exclusive in its location and its acquisition.

It’s not the same at all, since every race can get it. No matter what race I play, I will always be able to get those armors.

The whole thing is a slippery slope, but that’s beside the point. The argument stands. The medium skin is “exclusive” to WvW, and can only be paid for in Badges of Honor. If you’re going to base your argument purely on exclusivity, then it it has to be applied all the way around. Exclusive to race, exclusive to area, still exclusive.

Exclusive to race means some people can never get it. (unless you actually think people will change races over this)

Exclusive to wvw means everyone can get it, but in other ways. I have over 2000 badges of honor from AP rewards alone (I never play wvw/pvp). I can easily buy it, regardless of race.

There’s a big difference between exclusive for a race, and exclusive to area (an area everyone can visit no less)

Anyone can roll a human toon as well… argument stands.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

MrSilver.5269

i will never pay again money for gems to get items which will be patched away couse some random ppl flaming around. if you didn’t like it don’t buy it.

Feeling the same way.

I just don’t trust the company now.

This is REALLY bad business practice.

Anyone can roll a human toon as well… argument stands.

Rerolling and levelling a completely new toon = teleporting to wvw for a few minutes.

yea right.

Argument still invalid.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

You have to go into WvW to buy it, but everyone got thousands of Badges of Honor in the PvE achievement chests. It’s about as exclusive to WvW players as temple armor is to Orr farmers.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

The uproar is about nonhumans being able to keep the flame skin. There are many of us with human characters that applied the new flame skin to our existing human T3 armor. With the new change not only will we be losing out on the skin we purchased with gems, but we will also lose the T3 armor skin that we purchased with gold.

The solution is simple, allow human characters that have already applied the new flame skin to keep that skin.

Please consider this.

Thanks in advance.

Just make it an upgrade of the t3 via the mystic forge and add more upgrades so other races are not left out.

an upgrade? since when putting some flashes is considered an upgrade?

If there is ever going to be an upgrade for my culturals I’d hate to see some lazy glow added… Instead I’d like to see more detailed armors, using more fabrics, more layers, more “realistic” details, not some glow paint here and there like any junior designer can do. Any free to play korean game has that… but detailed armors? you won’t find that in many games

I doubt you wouldn’t want the new skin if you had buy it.

Attachments:

Farzo.8410

People using gem armor skins covering their Tier 3 is beyond my imagination.

Do people actually do that?

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I replaced my t3 heavy norn with phalanx and toxic, so people are doing it

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

MrSilver.5269

It takes an entire month to craft a full set of cellestial armor. It was just easier to overwrite the existing tier 3 skin that was applied to the celestial armor.

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

I like their decision.

I knew they woulf take it off the gemstore because of the rage in the forums.

To all Flamekissed defenders saying, "but it was only the vocal minority! "
Umm…no

You don’t know the majority’s want. I’ve also seen many other forum posts saying, “this is my first post, but the addition of t3 being available via gem store is disgraceful”

Please stop thinking your the “silent” majority. Actually it seems the roles have reversed now and that you all are now the “vocal”

Anet has to face the lesser evil a.k.a Flamekissed buyers. There were numerous threads regarding the poor decision on the reskin.

Have you no concern for the affected? The problem is not your fictional “exclusivity” (I actually agree in that I don’t think Flamekissed should have been T3 model-based in the first place), but that the current solution is a)a bait and switch and b)players will lose the look of their old armor, even those Human characters who transmuted their previous, REAL T3.

This doesn’t concern me, but it’s obvious when something is wrong, and you don’t wrong people to appease other people who only think they’ve been wronged, but never actually were. This forum-pleasing solution is much worse than the perceived problem in the first place.

Again-restore pre-skinned armors, along with refund. Nothing else would work, and I myself would consider stopping playing if a Support representative told me I was only going to be given a gem refund, especially if I trashed my expensive T3 skin in the process of getting this “new” skin.

Star Ace.5207

Some on this forums have that problem, especially because they thought they were “upgrading” their human light T3 with fire particles. Not fiction. They must be a few, but all should be given their old look back if they don’t like the new, which I assume they won’t, since it’s the T3 cultural.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Who would erase a T3 armor set look like just anyway ? They are so expensive oO

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

You have to go into WvW to buy it, but everyone got thousands of Badges of Honor in the PvE achievement chests. It’s about as exclusive to WvW players as temple armor is to Orr farmers.

The level of exclusivity is not in question, but the fact of exclusivity. You’re also assuming that someone has acquired enough AP to have the required badges. Let’s face it, we could argue back and forth for a month on this. The medium armor IS exclusive, as it can only be purchased by badges in WvW. The Light armor IS exclusive, as it can only be acquired by humans. The level of exclusivity does not matter.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

MrSilver.5269

Have you no concern for the affected? The problem is not your fictional “exclusivity” (I actually agree in that I don’t think Flamekissed should have been T3 model-based in the first place), but that the current solution is a)a bait and switch and b)players will lose the look of their old armor, even those Human characters who transmuted their previous, REAL T3.

This doesn’t concern me, but it’s obvious when something is wrong, and you don’t wrong people to appease other people who only think they’ve been wronged, but never actually were. This forum-pleasing solution is much worse than the perceived problem in the first place.

Again-restore pre-skinned armors, along with refund. Nothing else would work, and I myself would consider stopping playing if a Support representative told me I was only going to be given a gem refund, especially if I trashed my expensive T3 skin in the process of getting this “new” skin.

So agree.

THANK YOU for your post.

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

You are not one of the few. On the contrary, I doubt there’s too many people that does not like the armor skin. The Cultural Human Light Tier 3 armor has always been one of my absolute favorite looking sets in the game, and I think the particles and textures they added to it for this re-skin was rather nice. It’s the first fiery-themed armor set that I actually like the look of. Can’t stand the CoF set, nor the Achievement pieces, not the gloves from the Molten LS, and not really the HoM bracers either.

It’s more that it was a “Requires race: Human” armor, something that was supposed to be exclusive to Humans, and while it has minor differences, namely the slight texture additions and particle effects, it is basically the same exact skin—or mesh if you want—now available to other races, without other races Cultural armor being available to Humans in return (and the rest of the races of course). It’s a set that costs 119 Gold, and while this is not much in the GW2 market today, back when I in example started purchasing it, that was a lot of Gold. To give it some monetary value, 50€ would give you about ONE Gold when converting Gems to Gold back then, not really something I’d recommend anyone to do. It’s been de-valued over time of course, as the Market amasses more currency into its circulation, more players convert Gold to Gems, driving the Gems to Gold ratio up and so on forth, but that still means when I was working towards it, it was pretty much at a value of nearly 6000€, or $8000 if you want.

Today it may be of no real effort to get. But a lot of the owners invested a lot of time to get these sets, in the early days. And I don’t think I heard anyone not laugh at it being the exact same mesh as the CHLT3 set when we saw it for sale, the same way they still laugh about Medium being the WvW set and Heavy another skin set you can buy with Karma/WvW Badges. People called it lazy and a cash-grab, because it kinda was.

However, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I don’t really see how they can in any possible way properly refund the purchases of this skin set, to players who may not enjoy the look of the new re-design they are doing. I doubt they can go about restoring previous skins on the armors the Flamekissed was transmuted on to. E.g., it may have been transmuted over CHLT3, Phoenix and/or other skins. How can they refund all the Gold that has circulated thanks to Dyes purchases to create that exact look you wanted? Weapons that may have been bought (a lot of my friends have purchased Destroyer weapons in example, one the Volcanus) to fit the theme. I know there’s people who used Total Makeover Kit(s) to change their appearance to better suit the skin. People who found a new love for their profession because they really loved the look can have purchased several expensive Superior Runes to go into it, e.g., 6-7 Traveler’s. How can they possibly refund that to everyone that may not like the new look? A simple, here’s 800 Gems and a set of # Transmutation Splitters doesn’t really cut it.

On the other hand, it’s also a problem to leave it as-is for those that already purchased it. It creates a very exclusive rare skin that others are not able to obtain anymore (Note: I purchased it for my Human Mesmer). It still means there are going to be Sylvari, Charr, Asura and Norn running around in what is effectively Cultural Human Light Tier 3 armor, which irks some people more than others.

What they could do perhaps, and this would require a lot of work on their end, is to provide players with a recipe that involves purchasing the Cultural Tier 3 armor set, a permanently available Gem Store item (more money for ArenaNet shouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing for them, right?) and some other various in-game crafting items, that allows you to upgrade the Cultural to that new Flamekissed look through the Mystic Forge. This would mean they need to re-skin every single Cultural set for the different races however, all fitting under that same theme. It would also mean they still need a way to exchange/refund current Flamekissed owners of other races than Human, so that they could get their racial in that style. Still, that doesn’t really solve the issues at hand, as people bought it for how it looked, not necessarily just for the nice particles and textures.

Nope, I really don’t see how they can resolve this properly. The best-case would be that the new re-design is unique, not a re-skin of anything currently in the game, and that it is so awesome, while still having a similar theme (the top is usually a favorite of the set), that people wouldn’t mind that it got changed over to it. That is not necessarily going to be easy, when the CHLT3 armor set is already so great looking.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Star Ace.5207

Exactly, no one was kicked in the face, such a thing is an exaggeration. Those other players are the ones being kicked in the face by the change, if they are not given a free t3 set back, along with 6 fine transmutation stones, since the Splitters won’t work (or else, if they could figure a way to restore the armor to T3 without any player input, that would be ideal.)

(edited by Star Ace.5207)

The level of exclusivity does not matter.

….

You know what? You are absolutely right, goodbye.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

Okay, it’s based off a T3 Racial armor. Big deal, lol… I think the flames compliment the armor nicely. but, oh, who am I kidding….? someone spent 120 gold of fake money, something that doesn’t truly exist and now they are outted imaginary money? Really? Just because the Flamekissed, in essence, is NOT exclusive? It’s because of that, me and others may be penalized someone else’s dislike of the concept, even though WE knowingly bought it cause we loved it.

Oh yes, that’s real fair.

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

RIP. Sad panda face

Attachments:

Posted by: Ziantra.8502

Ziantra.8502

I bought it with gems because I loved the look-I think it’s outrageous if I don’t get to keep what I paid for. If Anet released it for purchase why should I get less than what I legitimately paid for? They should honor any purchases and redesign for the store. Its not like hundreds of thousands of these outfits are out there-I don’t see anyone else in LA wearing it.

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

First people go up in arms about that skin and now they are unhappy when something is done about it.

Keep in mind that the skin costs roughly the equivalent of $10.00 US Dollars. Where as the Tier 3 Human Light Cultural Armor costs in the realm of $18.59 US Dollars (give or take a few dollars depending on market fluctuations on each server).

That means that each of these people who bought the Tier 3 Cultural Armor, and applied the Light Armor Flame Skin to their Tier 3 Cultural Armor are effectively losing around 8.59 US Dollars because of the change. Even though without the change they had effectively gained a new appearance for the Tier 3 Armor that they originally bought, and additionally could arguably have gotten access to their level 80 Tier 3 Cultural Armor at a much lower and earlier level for a great deal cheaper than they would have otherwise have been required to do.

In effect this is going to require anyone with a human character who had previously shelled out money for their Tier 3 Armor (roughly 18 dollars give or take), and who then shelled out money for this skin to apply to their Tier 3 Armor, to once again shell out money for a new set of Tier 3 Armor, assuming that they want their Tier 3 Armor back at all.

This isn’t even counting Transmutation Crystals that would be required to give the Tier 3 Armor in question the stats that the individual in question wants, which would also have to be purchased and which would be an additional investment if this happens.

In short for those with TLDR issues… I can honestly see where the people who are complaining about the change to the Light Flame Skin are coming from, and if I had a level 80 Human whom I had applied this skin to the cultural armor for, I would be a bit peeved as well.

2400 gems ($30) will buy you 139g right now, and that’s with the hugely inflated gem:gold exchange recently; it was half that a few weeks ago. T3 is 119g + 240 gems for transmutation crystals.

Attachments:

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Posted by: albavalentine.9018

albavalentine.9018

well I agree with all your complaints about this new skin, but I also agree mr silver. I like the re-modeling of the cultural tier 3 and anet should consider letting humans keep the applied parts of the skin. I love it on my human. They should at least let the people who have already bought the skin, keep them, since its only been on sale for 1 day!

honestly I’ve already seen how terrible the flame heavy and medium are. I know the light is going to be even worse…

(edited by albavalentine.9018)

Star Ace.5207

Stop spreading lies around, creating panic. They specifically stated they will deal with compensations after the new look is released. Quoting support responses when they haven’t even finalized how the compensations will work out help no one so stop it.

It’s not lies if it was a support response. I remember that post. The support representative shouldn’t have been so hasty in giving such a heartless, totally unsatisfactory “support” reply, then. He/she should have stated “we’ll take it case by case” or “wait for more details”, etc. In fact, it is my hope that they read these posts so they understand the crime it would be to go along with that “gem refund only” solution (as stated by the representative), as if it was the customer’s fault at all this happened in the first place.

Jaymee.1560

Every single one of those flamed-armors are based on pre-existing armor. The Heavy & Medium are based off of Karma Armors, why is no one complaining about that?

Because Karma Armor isn’t a 120 gold Racial Exclusive. Also, I am personally complaining that these were all crappy re-skins at full standard price, instead of actual new products.

Again, NO ONE is twisting anyone’s arm to buy it

Posted by: ricochett.5761

ricochett.5761

Some people here dont understand that the problem its not the removing or replacement because we All must agree this set was a mistake. real problem is people who actually bought it with real money and will not have it back.
Its like this happens to you:

You see on TV that a gold Ferrari its for sale. You buy it and when you come home to show your friends the seller take the Ferrari from you and give you a green one.. You say that you dont want it and he refunds you with a pink Lamborghini you cannot sell of drive cause of shame. What you gonna do with that car? Same you gonna do with those gems. Stay in garage… And who pays de gas you spend? (investment on character)

MrSilver.5269

I bought it with gems because I loved the look-I think it’s outrageous if I don’t get to keep what I paid for. If Anet released it for purchase why should I get less than what I legitimately paid for? They should honor any purchases and redesign for the store. Its not like hundreds of thousands of these outfits are out there-I don’t see anyone else in LA wearing it.

Agreed.

I see very few on my server.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Yes, I bought it even though I protested so much against it. :/ My character is a human so I felt “entitled” to it.

Attachments:

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

RIP best pants in the entire game.

Attachments:

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

Anyone else notice that some of the people wanting the Flamekissed light skin are the same races that have said “Leave my (insert racial armor here) alone!!!”

For the Nth time, it’s not the price or seeing other races in the Human armor. It’s the fact that nobody else was impacted. Only the Humans. I would almost guarantee you that if it were (only) Charr T3 (or any other race,) that the complaints would have been just as loud, and just as numerous.

If Anet had released every set of T3 armor to the TP, it wold have been wholly different.

I am pleased with the way they handled it. I am not going to complain about something I haven’t seen yet.

Sorry to all the…wait…no, I’m not sorry… If you bought it, and had it taken away, you’re going to get something else (hopefully it will be as great.) If you don’t like that something else, you get a gem refund. If you feel you are owed anything else, take it up with Customer Support. Give it a rest.

Level 80 Elementalist

Soulmyr.8094

It’s not lies if it was a support response. I remember that post. The support representative shouldn’t have been so hasty in giving such a heartless, totally unsatisfactory “support” reply, then. He/she should have stated “we’ll take it case by case” or “wait for more details”, etc. In fact, it is my hope that they read these posts so they understand the crime it would be to go along with that “gem refund only” solution (as stated by the representative), as if it was the customer’s fault at all this happened in the first place.

How do you know support specialist was on track with what was happening? These things don’t get settled over night and their response might be completely different in a couple of days.

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

I say the folks who got the skin removed now need to compensate those completely kittened by it’s removal if said people do NOT like the new flamekissed skin. It’s only fair – I’ve heard complaint after complaint of how 800 gem armor made their work for 120 gold worthless and read countless threads about “doing the math”.

Well, your complaints cost some people 120 gold or more. No, not everyone knew that was T3 armor and “controversial” – I didn’t realize until I came to the forums. I held off buying because of the very vocal crap on the forums. Others? Not so lucky. So now, I know of five people completely kittened because they bought exotic armor, earned the gold to buy human T3 light, transmuted it for the skin and then transmuted it to flamekissed yesterday… and now Anet won’t fix that. Is it their fault? Do they deserve to be out that gold and have to earn it all over again?

Please tell me how much gold all of you complaining lost out on because flamekissed existed for 24 hours.

It is not their (the skin users) fault at all. ANet should compensate those who transmuted them with a transmutation splitter – that will solve the problem for those who used the flamekissed skin.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

So agree.

THANK YOU for your post.

Except, well, support representatives never told anyone they were only going to get a gem refund, and never told anyone they wouldn’t get their old armor skins back.

You’re just adding fuel to the fire. I can understand why people are upset. I don’t understand why people are spreading rumors and creating needless panic about how their refunds will work.

It’s a digital world where nothing’s set in stone. It’s as easy as editing a forum post. There’s no reason ANet wouldn’t be able to restore anything you previously had, especially given that it’s so recent.

If you used a credit card you should be able to get your credit back. If you used a gem card or gift card that’d be about the only complication that would prevent you from getting your money back.

I wish you all the best of luck in getting the best of support.

(edited by Oniyui.8279)

Soulmyr.8094

Okay, it’s based off a T3 Racial armor. Big deal, lol… I think the flames compliment the armor nicely. but, oh, who am I kidding….? someone spent 120 gold of fake money, something that doesn’t truly exist and now they are outted imaginary money? Really? Just because the Flamekissed, in essence, is NOT exclusive? It’s because of that, me and others may be penalized someone else’s dislike of the concept, even though WE knowingly bought it cause we loved it.

And where do you think those 120g plus transmutation come from? You find it reasonable people spend hours to gather that amount of gold only to be presented by pretty much identical set that would cost less than half as much time or gold?

Star Ace.5207

because medium & karma isnt culturall armor and it doenst take many time/karma/gold do take them,and they are both(old&new) really bad and ugly.

That heavy karma armor is one of the best “normal” armors in the game for my money. I don’t like the fiery version as much, though. Wouldn’t mind using it again, as I have more than once in the past.

These were made for those who like fire, and I am sure all of them will sell to someone (perhaps even the new Flamekissed if/2hen it’s finally revealed); I don’t consider it “lazy”, but just a quick way to offer fiery fluff for those who care (not me, to be sure). Of course it’s much harder and time consuming to design a whole new armor with fiery elements. I don’t think it was “evil” in their part to provide more flames to the fiery crowd-if they want them, they’ll pay for them (which is also fine, and supports the game.)

While I agree they should not have used T3 cultural armor, I disagree with the gross exaggeration made on these forums, as if that was really a game-breaking offense. It’s more “game-breaking” to take away from customers that for which they legally paid for.

Posted by: jester.1246

jester.1246

Humans are just jealous because norns look far better in their armor
http://i43.tinypic.com/35m1noz.jpg
Ok serious now. It would be a shame to remove it from game. Its such a good looking remodel. Leave it for those who bought it (as a novelty item for supporting game and buying from game shop) or remove it but give us our armor back with skins they had before we added flamekissed skin on them.

Transmutation splitter wont solve anything, most of us have applied this skin on already transmuted armor, we would just get basic (default) skin of that item.

Jester inflames – Norn Necromancer
Officer of [Ex-Yu] Gandara

(edited by jester.1246)

Ashabhi.1365

On Topic:

Yes, your skin will go away. But not right away. They are coming out with a replacement skin for anyone who purchased it. There’s a good chance that you will like the new skin better than the Flamekissed. If you don’t, they are giving a gem refund. Whether they will refund the moneys used to pay for those gems is probably going to be on a case by case basis between Customer Service and the customer.

From what they said, wait until they come out with the replacement. Then, if you’re not happy, send a request to Support and go from there.

Level 80 Elementalist

Star Ace.5207

And where do you think those 120g plus transmutation come from? You find it reasonable people spend hours to gather that amount of gold only to be presented by pretty much identical set that would cost less than half as much time or gold?

Do you find it reasonable for players who legally paid for such a thing to have it removed it from them as a bait and switch-which is what it all looks like right now?

Human T3 without the particle effects looks nicer than its fiery version, and is still exclusive to Humans. I consider the Flamekissed version to be an affordable variant, not necessarily an improvement. It shouldn’t have been based on human T3, IMHO, but it’s too late for that. The fact is that the human variant never lost its exclusiveness due to it being the original, “vanilla” model that no other race had access to.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Other people that may get burned by this are people that bought the skin and then spent a lot of gold to get a second set of armor with upgrades to use it on. If they don’t like the new look they will get a gem refund but be stuck with a second set of armor they don’t need. Imagine if someone bought a second set of traveler’s gear to use it on. That’s a hefty chunk of gold.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Jaymee.1560

Yes, I bought it even though I protested so much against it. :/ My character is a human so I felt “entitled” to it.

LOL, sorry… that’s a bit hypocritical, isn’kitten You were against it so much but… you bought it anyway?

Ashabhi.1365

/snip No seriously….I bought the skin and love it on my Norn ele but I completely understand the uproar. I certainly would not be okay with the Norn cultural being available to every race. /endsnip

^ this!!

It seems that a lot of people who didn’t mind their (insert other race here) wearing Human T3 are the same people who wouldn’t want their T3 armor on Humans…

Anet did good. They are trying to undo it. Sorry you can’t keep something you weren’t meant to have in the first place. Can we go on now?

Level 80 Elementalist

Soulmyr.8094

Do you find it reasonable for players who legally paid for such a thing to have it removed it from them as a bait and switch-which is what it all looks like right now?

Human T3 without the particle effects looks nicer than its fiery version, and is still exclusive to Humans. I consider the Flamekissed version to be an affordable variant, not necessarily an improvement. It shouldn’t have been based on human T3, IMHO, but it’s too late for that. The fact is that the human variant never lost its exclusiveness due to it being the original, “vanilla” model that no other race had access to.

Then they should do that to every race cultural armor. Why singling out human light wearers? Why is that design not unique while every other cultural armor is?

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

That stuff has been in the game for over a year. 120g is NOT hard to make (And I’m a PvPer!). This whole thing reminds me of the WoW thing where they took Flying price and Dual specs both from 1000g and lowered them to 250g and 10g respectively. People wanted refunds, guess what, they didn’t get it. Prestige wears off, you paid for the time you had it while others didn’t. And even if people buy the fiery stuff, it’s still not what you own! The prestige is still there! People could even pay to buy cultural, its not that cool/hard to get…. The game needs to progress/add more cool stuff but if we complain every time they try just because our pride and ego so much fun/cool stuff will be cut from the game. You should be happy there are more options. Reskins in this game are cool cause they’re a different way to look at current armor (unlike wow where it was literally just a different color).

People didn’t get refunded for the 2,000 extra gold (a lot at the time) they spent on those things, but it was time to move on, and they essentially paid for having those things years in advance for people who couldn’t afford it before. And this is something that effected game play, not just pride in wears!

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)