[Merged] Cultural Human T3 Not Exclusive

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Yes, I bought it even though I protested so much against it. :/ My character is a human so I felt “entitled” to it.

LOL, sorry… that’s a bit hypocritical, isn’kitten You were against it so much but… you bought it anyway?

IKR… I admit to my fault though. It’s not that I hate the armor, I really liked it in fact. I just don’t agree with having it available for all races and the fact that it is reductive towards those who worked on their T3 being so much cheaper (and better looking) as it is.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

Okay, it’s based off a T3 Racial armor. Big deal, lol… I think the flames compliment the armor nicely. but, oh, who am I kidding….? someone spent 120 gold of fake money, something that doesn’t truly exist and now they are outted imaginary money? Really? Just because the Flamekissed, in essence, is NOT exclusive? It’s because of that, me and others may be penalized someone else’s dislike of the concept, even though WE knowingly bought it cause we loved it.

Oh yes, that’s real fair.

And where do you think those 120g plus transmutation come from? You find it reasonable people spend hours to gather that amount of gold only to be presented by pretty much identical set that would cost less than half as much time or gold?

Do you find it reasonable for players who legally paid for such a thing to have it removed it from them as a bait and switch-which is what it all looks like right now?

Human T3 without the particle effects looks nicer than its fiery version, and is still exclusive to Humans. I consider the Flamekissed version to be an affordable variant, not necessarily an improvement. It shouldn’t have been based on human T3, IMHO, but it’s too late for that. The fact is that the human variant never lost its exclusiveness due to it being the original, “vanilla” model that no other race had access to.

I agree. No other races will ever be able to wear the actual T3 Cultural… I think that is, always was and always will be exclusive, despite any future armors inspired by it…

I guess all I am saying is, for those of us who did buy Flamekissed, please let us keep what we paid for? You already took it down, it’ll be no longer available to buy. Isn’t it okay to just leave it at that?

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: albavalentine.9018

albavalentine.9018

well I love this skin on my armor, and its unreasonable that they don’t let ppl who already bought it keep the original skin, that is WHAT ALL OF US PAID FOR. I mean I don’t see thousands of flamekissed elementalists/mesmers/necros around. do you?

it was wrong for them to base a skin on a cultural in the first place, especially when the heavy and medium armor are based on the worst skins ever

(edited by albavalentine.9018)

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

I say the folks who got the skin removed now need to compensate those completely kittened by it’s removal if said people do NOT like the new flamekissed skin. It’s only fair – I’ve heard complaint after complaint of how 800 gem armor made their work for 120 gold worthless and read countless threads about “doing the math”.

Well, your complaints cost some people 120 gold or more. No, not everyone knew that was T3 armor and “controversial” – I didn’t realize until I came to the forums. I held off buying because of the very vocal crap on the forums. Others? Not so lucky. So now, I know of five people completely kittened because they bought exotic armor, earned the gold to buy human T3 light, transmuted it for the skin and then transmuted it to flamekissed yesterday… and now Anet won’t fix that. Is it their fault? Do they deserve to be out that gold and have to earn it all over again?

Please tell me how much gold all of you complaining lost out on because flamekissed existed for 24 hours.

It is not their (the skin users) fault at all. ANet should compensate those who transmuted them with a transmutation splitter – that will solve the problem for those who used the flamekissed skin.

I thought so as well last night, but all that will do is get it back to the first original exotic armor skin, which most probably wasn’t T3. So it doesn’t work, unless you could choose the skin with the Splitter, from the ones you’ve transmuted, not just the original.

It is a big issue for those who transmuted T3s, all things considered. And pretty annoying how the solution for a perceived problem (“I am no longer exclusive!”; “I paid more for my T3!”) causes REAL, not just perceived, trouble to others.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

:(
You all look so incredible…
I’m lucky, I suppose, that I had not finished the full makeover and opted to store my old armors with the cultural skins I have on them…luckier than most everyone else.

We all share a great pain, one that I know I will not be forgetting, or forgiving, any time soon.

This was my proposal to resolve the situation.

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Here’s my norn. I bought midnight ice and a makeover kit o make her perfect. makes me sad.

Attachments:

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

i thought this thread was for people posting their flame-kissed screenshots?

i was looking forward to seeing a memorial thread, but you guys are turning it into just another flame-kissed drama thread.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Star Ace.5207

Humans are just jealous because norns look far better in their armor
http://i43.tinypic.com/35m1noz.jpg
Ok serious now. It would be a shame to remove it from game. Its such a good looking remodel. Leave it for those who bought it (as a novelty item for supporting game and buying from game shop) or remove it but give us our armor back with skins they had before we added flamekissed skin on them.

Transmutation splitter wont solve anything, most of us have applied this skin on already transmuted armor, we would just get basic (default) skin of that item.

Totally support this solution; hope they can implement it, as it’s the only thing that will satisfy all parties involved. If you like it, stay with it, otherwisethey should let you have the old look without any further investment (stones, re-applying skins, etc.)

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

i thought this thread was for people posting their flame-kissed screenshots?

i was looking forward to seeing a memorial thread, but you guys are turning it into just another flame-kissed drama thread.

Correction: The people who already won are still telling us we were wrong for wanting it, thus we defend ourselves. Kinda wish all the people who got their way would just stop posting now because the damage has been done.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: Soulmyr.8094

Soulmyr.8094

Okay, it’s based off a T3 Racial armor. Big deal, lol… I think the flames compliment the armor nicely. but, oh, who am I kidding….? someone spent 120 gold of fake money, something that doesn’t truly exist and now they are outted imaginary money? Really? Just because the Flamekissed, in essence, is NOT exclusive? It’s because of that, me and others may be penalized someone else’s dislike of the concept, even though WE knowingly bought it cause we loved it.

And where do you think those 120g plus transmutation come from? You find it reasonable people spend hours to gather that amount of gold only to be presented by pretty much identical set that would cost less than half as much time or gold?

That stuff has been in the game for over a year. 120g is NOT hard to make (And I’m a PvPer!). This whole thing reminds me of the WoW thing where they took Flying price and Dual specs both from 1000g and lowered them to 250g and 10g respectively. People wanted refunds, guess what, they didn’t get it. Prestige wears off, you paid for the time you had it while others didn’t. And even if people buy the fiery stuff, it’s still not what you own! The prestige is still there! People could even pay to buy cultural, its not that cool/hard to get…. The game needs to progress/add more cool stuff but if we complain every time they try just because our pride and ego so much fun/cool stuff will be cut from the game. You should be happy there are more options. Reskins in this game are cool cause they’re a different way to look at current armor (unlike wow where it was literally just a different color).

People didn’t get refunded for the 2,000 extra gold (a lot at the time) they spent on those things, but it was time to move on, and they essentially paid for having those things years in advance for people who couldn’t afford it before. And this is something that effected game play, not just pride in wears!

I’m not even going to comment on irrelevant WoW related stuff but why do you assume everyone got T3 from game release? Someone probably bought it a day before the patch. How do you think they feel?

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

RIP Flamekissed. You made my Elementalist Rhubarb On Fire actually enjoyable to play… :’(

Attachments:

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

It is a big issue for those who transmuted T3s, all things considered. And pretty annoying how the solution for a perceived problem (“I am no longer exclusive!”; “I paid more for my T3!”) causes REAL, not just perceived, trouble to others.

Exactly the problem.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

please. just stop arguing at a funeral.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

ronpierce.2760

That stuff has been in the game for over a year. 120g is NOT hard to make (And I’m a PvPer!). This whole thing reminds me of the WoW thing where they took Flying price and Dual specs both from 1000g and lowered them to 250g and 10g respectively. People wanted refunds, guess what, they didn’t get it. Prestige wears off, you paid for the time you had it while others didn’t. And even if people buy the fiery stuff, it’s still not what you own! The prestige is still there! People could even pay to buy cultural, its not that cool/hard to get…. The game needs to progress/add more cool stuff but if we complain every time they try just because our pride and ego so much fun/cool stuff will be cut from the game. You should be happy there are more options. Reskins in this game are cool cause they’re a different way to look at current armor (unlike wow where it was literally just a different color).

People didn’t get refunded for the 2,000 extra gold (a lot at the time) they spent on those things, but it was time to move on, and they essentially paid for having those things years in advance for people who couldn’t afford it before. And this is something that effected game play, not just pride in wears!

I’m not even going to comment on irrelevant WoW related stuff but why do you assume everyone got T3 from game release? Someone probably bought it a day before the patch. How do you think they feel?

Some people bought flying/dual specs the day(s) before the prices dropped too. Why are you having a hard time understanding that this is a two road thing… Also; flying and dual specs weren’t even available from the start of WoW, so there was even less time of frame for people who spent way more than they needed to (on a relative scale). How do you think those people felt? Its a part of a game growing up. Its not even the same set.

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I didn’t get the chance to purchase it, so no screenshot, but good bye one of the few armours that looked good on my Norn Ele.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Leo Paul.1659

I think they won’t really scrap the improved T3 human cultural. They might incorporate it via other means, it’s just that other races won’t have access to it. But that would also mean they should improve on existing cultural armors for other races too.

Posted by: ShinNakon.9085

ShinNakon.9085

Still lame esp since there is some of us that trasnmuted over the current light human t3 for this skin.

Star Ace.5207

Do you find it reasonable for players who legally paid for such a thing to have it removed it from them as a bait and switch-which is what it all looks like right now?

Human T3 without the particle effects looks nicer than its fiery version, and is still exclusive to Humans. I consider the Flamekissed version to be an affordable variant, not necessarily an improvement. It shouldn’t have been based on human T3, IMHO, but it’s too late for that. The fact is that the human variant never lost its exclusiveness due to it being the original, “vanilla” model that no other race had access to.

Then they should do that to every race cultural armor. Why singling out human light wearers? Why is that design not unique while every other cultural armor is?

Perhaps they should, it wouldn’t have mattered to me. Note that I didn’t think it was a wise decision, but I don’t see how it’s fair to make it the problem of people who legally bought the stuff.

They also “singled out” human T3 perhaps because they thought it would look cool with fiery particles on those armor sections. Same with the fiery -plumed helmet from the heavy karma armor, and the feather on the medium armor’kitten. Their intention was most probably not related to anything like “let’s make human T3 cultural universal… and cheaper to boot!” (which was the overreaction on the forums, and not exactly true anyway) but more along the lines of selling armor with fire particles from existing models.

They would probably have done so with other cultural armor too, but I don’t think they will do that again, as I am sure as by now they deem it a mistake.

Leo Paul.1659

Humans are just jealous because norns look far better in their armor
http://i43.tinypic.com/35m1noz.jpg
Ok serious now. It would be a shame to remove it from game. Its such a good looking remodel. Leave it for those who bought it (as a novelty item for supporting game and buying from game shop) or remove it but give us our armor back with skins they had before we added flamekissed skin on them.

Transmutation splitter wont solve anything, most of us have applied this skin on already transmuted armor, we would just get basic (default) skin of that item.

Totally support this solution; hope they can implement it, as it’s the only thing that will satisfy all parties involved. If you like it, stay with it, otherwisethey should let you have the old look without any further investment (stones, re-applying skins, etc.)

Well, so far from the feedback from other players who filed tickets to customer support, they won’t be doing this, just a refund of 800 gems. I really really wish they would re-think their compensation plan.

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

Nice memorial.

So how many of you took your screenshots after seeing this thread?

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

There’s no reason ANet wouldn’t be able to restore anything you previously had, especially given that it’s so recent.

They may be able to restore whole accounts to a state without that armor, thus restoring the cultural armors etc… but it is highly unlikely that they have a pre-existing means to restore individual items in bulk to people who had them previously.

If it was up to me, I would send out free transmutation splitters to anyone who bought this skin (which is something we know for certain they can do). So that those who want to recover the old armor underneath the skin can do so for free and those who want to keep it and wait for the new look can do so also (or even make the decision after the fact, ie. after they have seen the redesign).

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Nice memorial.

So how many of you took your screenshots after seeing this thread?

I took mine just for this thread but what does that have to do with anything? I generally don’t go around taking screenshots all the time, really almost never. I don’t have a need for 100s of pictures on my computer of me playing the game.

The Burninator

Posted by: jester.1246

jester.1246

Well they better do because I feel like I’m being punished for supporting their game and shop. I dont need some rushed armor with glued flame particles. I have all armor sets in game, this one was unique so i bought it and transmuted over some of mine t3 and other dungeon skins and now I’m screwed. I dont mind for other cultural sets to be available in shop. Some frost norn cultural (we have enough fire ) would be good.

If they just give us 800gems back without skins we had before flamekissed disaster that will be last gem they got from me.

Jester inflames – Norn Necromancer
Officer of [Ex-Yu] Gandara

Star Ace.5207

Yes, I bought it even though I protested so much against it. :/ My character is a human so I felt “entitled” to it.

LOL, sorry… that’s a bit hypocritical, isn’kitten You were against it so much but… you bought it anyway?

IKR… I admit to my fault though. It’s not that I hate the armor, I really liked it in fact. I just don’t agree with having it available for all races and the fact that it is reductive towards those who worked on their T3 being so much cheaper (and better looking) as it is.

Nah, the more expensive one looks better, because fire is overrated. Only fits a fire Elementalist theme, honestly. I hate CoF armor because of the fire, or any other “molten” theme (same with “destroyer” weapons, etc.) Fire is not “cool” to 100% of players. My Human Elementalist would have never gotten the armor because she’s a disciple of Grenth, even though she also commands fire as an Elementalist.

See how in my opinion the cheaper version was just that, cheap? The original armor-and better looking in my book-was still the human exclusive-exclusivity AND price (since it’s just a cheaper-looking version) was not a problem, so IMHO, it was all blown out of proportion (3 of my characters are human, and I didn’t feel “slighted” one bit.)

As long as the REALLY wronged players (those who bought something and had it taken away) are given proper restitution, it’s all fine.

Leo Paul.1659

I take screenies of my character everytime I use a new skin on her. I have always used the COF armor as base since last year, I just overwrite skins on it.

I also bought the flamekissed armor to replace my phoenix armor set + mask of the crown, so if they just give me 800 gems as compensation, it would really suck for me. But still, I commend them for taking the armor out even though I really really like it on my human character.

Posted by: hypnopilot.9340

hypnopilot.9340

People using gem armor skins covering their Tier 3 is beyond my imagination.

Do people actually do that?

I replaced my t3 light sylvari yes, and i’m very angry (i have the t3 light human on 2 humans too and the emperor title, don’t tell me to reroll human.)

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Really not sure why they continue listening to the self-obsessed vocal minority which has been running this game into the ground since day one. These people don’t care about the health of the game, they only care about having things other people can’t get. At some point you have to question if keeping this audience is worth it. Especially now that their incessant whining is finally causing other players to depart.

ronpierce.2760

Really not sure why they continue listening to the self-obsessed vocal minority which has been running this game into the ground since day one. These people don’t care about the health of the game, they only care about having things other people can’t get. At some point you have to question if keeping this audience is worth it.

Oh my god, EXACTLY. These people will stop the fun progression of this game due to their ego and pride, that’s what I’ve been trying to say all along.

Posted by: Lucas.4581

Lucas.4581

I’m so disappointed…

Attachments:

Posted by: Manda D Ulin.2367

Manda D Ulin.2367

You people that bought this set are hurt because you spent money and time in it. I am ok with that.

It really has less to do with that and more to do with the fact I like the fiery skin better on my ele. Much like you enjoy the normal skin on your mesmer. Dropping 130g is nothing to me but if I was to do it I would prefer having the option of this new armor that was actually appealing to me.

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

COME ON people, stop being such childs and shut up, if you aint posting a respectful farewell text or a screenshot PLEASE refrain from posting, if a mod could delete all the unrelated posts i’d really apreciate it

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

I replaced my t3 light sylvari yes, and i’m very angry (i have the t3 light human on 2 humans too and the emperor title, don’t tell me to reroll human.)

Roll a human if you want to wear human cultural armor. Period.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Star Ace.5207

I take screenies of my character everytime I use a new skin on her. I have always used the COF armor as base since last year, I just overwrite skins on it.

I also bought the flamekissed armor to replace my phoenix armor set + mask of the crown, so if they just give me 800 gems as compensation, it would really suck for me. But still, I commend them for taking the armor out even though I really really like it on my human character.

It would be horrible for-and quite unfair, I must add-for you. Hopefully they let you revert your character’s armor somehow, as it’s only right. You didn’t pay for a “random” look, but for the one you previewed (unless of course you like the new armor, in which case there’s no problem.)

Manda D Ulin.2367

Some frost norn cultural (we have enough fire ) would be good.

^ I like this idea, or maybe some lightning Asura!

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I would like to know this too but I guess we will never know.
I will ever wonder how this came to be.

- Are they honest and they really thought this was not like the t3?
- Or did they think selling HCT3 to every race was OK?
- Or someone made this without comunicating and made the error of his career?

Would have loved to be there when they decided to backtrack to know if things were like : “What the hell have you done!?” or more likely “Tsk! They saw through it! Quick! Get te armor out of the store!”

- I think they believed players would see the differences more than the similarities, and there ARE some differences both obvious and subtle.

- I think they saw demand for something (this was a set that had been coveted by many non-human characters, and personally I had seen sentiment along the lines of “I would totally pay money for that set to be on my norn/asura/sylvari/charr”), and thought it would be an easy way to make money.

- I think they completely underestimated the passion of their fanbase and the lengths said fans would go to to express that anger. The raging masses pretty much held this forum hostage with the firestorm, and it wasn’t going to go away until the Flamekissed armor did.

(edited by chemiclord.3978)

Posted by: Alukah.2063

Alukah.2063

Alright for those who do not check the Dev Tracker.

First wait until the armor is changed, if you liked it you keep it, if you don’t like it you get a refund.

If you have any individual issue, like those who transmuted over existing skins (be it current T3 or any other armor) Customer Support will deal with it if you send a ticket after they change the skins.

ATM the only people at loss are those who bought gems for the sole purpose of getting this skin and might not like the remade version, which I’m believing will be a minority.

Star Ace.5207

Star Ace, and Ronpierce, please leave this thread.

You don’t know me well enough to post such a thing. I would never ask you out of any thread just because, especially knowing ZERO about you. So how about some online manners? For I have not been rude or unfair to anyone in these forums.

Then I will report you for derailing this thread.

/sigh, some people ego sometime…

As I said, you know zero about me, because I am one of the less ego-centered persons you would know.

I had never aimed to derail the thread, Follow the conversations closely. Was just replying to previous posts. I am not a troll, and dislike trolling.

I also reported your previous post (before I read this reply) because I felt unfairly attacked by you, as I told you, without reason. My note was “Why is this necessary?” And I say to you, why is it necessary for you to judge my character without knowing me?

If I would be infracted for doing nothing wrong, not even aiming to derail anything, I would be annoyed. This is not about ego at all. If you don’t agree with something, ignore-at least we can agree that my tone wasn’t disrespectful ever, at all?

Posted by: Non Sens.8095

Non Sens.8095

Dear “Guild Wars 2”-team,

Why isn’t it possible for those who bought the skin in the gem shop, because they really wanted to have it, to keep it? I mean there could be a solution like “Choose wich skin you want to have: New Art or Old Art”. The reason for posting this possible solution is, that i’ve spent lots of gold for getting this skin for my female human mesmer (The skin was the mainreason for the creation and playing her!) and now i just get back 800 gems, if I don’t like the new skin and loos about 24 gold when i want to get my gold back. So please let players keep the old skin, if they want to because that’s what they got spent their gold for and not just for the gems or a now more or less random skin!

Looking forward to good and helpful opinions or critics!

Manda D Ulin.2367

First wait until the armor is changed, if you liked it you keep it, if you don’t like it you get a refund.

Will we need to do this in the immediate moments following like the QQs that got it removed in the first 24 hours or will we have until the weekend?

Posted by: Non Sens.8095

Non Sens.8095

*lose about 24 gold

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

Gold? I want my $10 back. I already know I’m not going to like their replacement, since it’s just going to be some other skin I already didn’t like with fire particle effects.

I can put $10 towards beer, or food, or another game to play. I can’t use gems for that.

(edited by Terra Dactyl.2047)

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Because it would be completely unfair to the rest of the playerbase to create a super exclusive skin for those who managed to nab it before they pulled it.

I don’t agree with its removal but this solution would just result in another kittenstorm.

Posted by: Soulmyr.8094

Soulmyr.8094

Alright for those who do not check the Dev Tracker.

If you have any individual issue, like those who transmuted over existing skins (be it current T3 or any other armor) Customer Support will deal with it if you send a ticket after they change the skins.

ATM the only people at loss are those who bought gems for the sole purpose of getting this skin and might not like the remade version, which I’m believing will be a minority.

This. Too bad most people here can’t read or have a memory of a goldfish.

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I was also disappointed in seeing it being the Human Cultural, but ended up buying it still, as I didn’t actually expect them to re-design it. It somewhat gave me a revitalized love for my Mesmer again, so I even splurged Gold on Whisperblade, Spirit Links, Vision of the Mists, Ignus Fatuus and Mirage which I like in combination with it. Crafted her 4 20-slot bags to go with the Fractal ones, in order to get 160 slots. Bought 7 Superior Runes of the Traveler, so I don’t need to feel so slow. A Rare Cloth Aquabreather. Superior Bloodlust, Torment and Energy Sigils. Even got her Commander tag, as I am going to be playing her for quite some time now. Overall, this set gave me the motivation to spend over 1000 Gold on my character, even if I didn’t quite agree with it being a Cultural set. So yeah, I really do hope the re-design is a rather good one.

Keep in mind of course that nobody forced me to go on a spending spree. That was entirely my own choice. It was however indirectly caused because of how a new set of gear can really make you want to play your character more. So if the new design isn’t all that good, or should I say—personal opinion—as bad as the Medium and Heavy skins, that little load of Gold will somewhat feel like a waste on stuff I perhaps wouldn’t quite have bought if I didn’t get this new love for the character. I also overwrote my Phoenix skin. Something I don’t think ArenaNet’s idea of a refund would cover getting back.

Sure, I have Cultural already, amongst other skins, so I can get a similar look again. I can still find a use for the Mesmer-theme weapons with any other set for that matter. A long-term goal is to have Commander on all characters anyways. But it was something with how this fiery-theme was done that really got me to spend some serious Gold on her now. I really do like the flame particles on this one, where as I never liked it on the other fiery-themed pieces of gear. The metals on Flamekissed is also far more like metal than the good old Cultural is (which looks more plastic than metal to me).

Yeah, hope they do a good job with the re-design.

Attachments:

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

Posted by: Ikaros.5730

Ikaros.5730

Okay the flamekissed light was a fiasco but lets talk about the other elephant in the rooms, the med and heavy armor are just a disgrace. I am not gonna spend another dime in the gem store till these armor get new models.

Star Ace.5207

Roll a human if you want to wear human cultural armor. Period.

Human cultural armors don’t have fiery particles, therefore they look better to many players. It never lost its exclusivity.

They do have a legitimate point, in which they paid for what they previewed. I bet that some players didn’t even realize it was human cultural based, and just liked the style with the fire particles. Let’s not make them victims-it was ANet’s decision, and not these player’s fault for liking something that was offered on the Gem store.

ronpierce.2760

Because it would be completely unfair to the rest of the playerbase to create a super exclusive skin for those who managed to nab it before they pulled it.

I don’t agree with its removal but this solution would just result in another kittenstorm.

Not really, stuff like this happens all the time. (Like the guy in WoW who kept the Legendary necklace that was mistakenly obtained). Ruining people’s fun over other peoples’ tantrums is bad. We PAID for it, the people against it aren’t PAYING them to change it. ANet messed up and people who paid for it shouldn’t suffer, and the T3 owners can suck it up and deal with just a few hundred people who had time to buy it, but since they bought it they should get to keep it, BUT prevent more buying of it because of the heat. That IS the most fair, and I’m sorry some people didn’t get to get it in time, but really there was nothing wrong with it in the first place. (I play human.)

Posted by: An Siorai Tharian.4516

An Siorai Tharian.4516

First people go up in arms about that skin and now they are unhappy when something is done about it.

Keep in mind that the skin costs roughly the equivalent of $10.00 US Dollars. Where as the Tier 3 Human Light Cultural Armor costs in the realm of $18.59 US Dollars (give or take a few dollars depending on market fluctuations on each server).

That means that each of these people who bought the Tier 3 Cultural Armor, and applied the Light Armor Flame Skin to their Tier 3 Cultural Armor are effectively losing around 8.59 US Dollars because of the change. Even though without the change they had effectively gained a new appearance for the Tier 3 Armor that they originally bought, and additionally could arguably have gotten access to their level 80 Tier 3 Cultural Armor at a much lower and earlier level for a great deal cheaper than they would have otherwise have been required to do.

In effect this is going to require anyone with a human character who had previously shelled out money for their Tier 3 Armor (roughly 18 dollars give or take), and who then shelled out money for this skin to apply to their Tier 3 Armor, to once again shell out money for a new set of Tier 3 Armor, assuming that they want their Tier 3 Armor back at all.

This isn’t even counting Transmutation Crystals that would be required to give the Tier 3 Armor in question the stats that the individual in question wants, which would also have to be purchased and which would be an additional investment if this happens.

In short for those with TLDR issues… I can honestly see where the people who are complaining about the change to the Light Flame Skin are coming from, and if I had a level 80 Human whom I had applied this skin to the cultural armor for, I would be a bit peeved as well.

2400 gems ($30) will buy you 139g right now, and that’s with the hugely inflated gem:gold exchange recently; it was half that a few weeks ago. T3 is 119g + 240 gems for transmutation crystals.

Okay so I was off by about 10 dollars. Point still stands.

XIII | JAH | FNG | LWA
Ranger 80 | Elementalist 30 | Guardian 29 | Necromancer 21

ronpierce.2760

Yep… :/ That’s what irritates me the most… One of the three looks good, its the one that goes…

Posted by: Alastor Blade.8012

Alastor Blade.8012

considering the medium and heavy armor skins are low tiered existing armor with flame particles, I am pretty sure they are just going to slap the same particle effect on either devout or shadow armor set. if they offer refund, they better give me 6 splitters + the phoenix armor that i transmuted over… or they could just leave the existing people who bought the skin already and only apply the new look to the new skin.