[Merged] Cultural Human T3 Not Exclusive

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Non Sens.8095

Non Sens.8095

maybe it would, but i also bought the normal t3 human armor for my necro and i don’t got a prob with getting the new one! Sure, might they could have thought a bit more before they have released the skins, but it’s no reason to leave people with 800 gems or a random skin! I mean some payed with real money and some used gold and in both ways, they don’t get what they want to. So it’s just a possibility, and why shouldn’t those who payed it already be able to keep it. or even get a better chance than just the two choices that they give us!

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

From your point of view, it seems like you wanted a quick t3 exclusive armor from the gem store. That’s not gonna get you very far. Good luck.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Posted by: Manda D Ulin.2367

Manda D Ulin.2367

What gets me is how they think everyone wants a Roman gladiator themed heavy set? First my achievement helm now a gem store skin…

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

yeah man thats right,medium and heave wuahhhh ugly i hope anet will remade this two also in future.

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

There’s no reason ANet wouldn’t be able to restore anything you previously had, especially given that it’s so recent.

They may be able to restore whole accounts to a state without that armor, thus restoring the cultural armors etc… but it is highly unlikely that they have a pre-existing means to restore individual items in bulk to people who had them previously.

If it was up to me, I would send out free transmutation splitters to anyone who bought this skin (which is something we know for certain they can do). So that those who want to recover the old armor underneath the skin can do so for free and those who want to keep it and wait for the new look can do so also (or even make the decision after the fact, ie. after they have seen the redesign).

transmutation splitters is not an option if ppl like me already used transmutation stones as well as expensive runs before applying that new skin.

Avster.1935

I’m a strong advocate of anti-reskinning! We should defo get different skins for med/heavy armor.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

COME ON people, stop being such childs and shut up, if you aint posting a respectful farewell text or a screenshot PLEASE refrain from posting, if a mod could delete all the unrelated posts i’d really apreciate it

Are you being serious?

Do you really think that you can make forum rules or something?

People will post different things, whether you like it or not.

Posted by: Nanoko.1850

Nanoko.1850

No one is kittening that the skin was removed from the gem shop, 99% of the people that have posted are fine with it. It was Anets mistake to release the skin in the first place. The issue most people have now is a feeling of being betrayed by anet afterwards due to a few things:

1. Anet gave us a bullkitten excuse for why the skin is being completely changed. Its evident the uproar from the community was not unanimous, and the claim that no one in anet noticed how similar it was to a cultural armor set until after it was released is absurd. You would have to be blind not to see it

2. Anet is not properly compensating those who have the skin already. 800 gems back means we technically get a free armor skin, that’s great but everyone that bought the skin WANTED that skin, or they wouldn’t have bought it. You change the skin, the same people may not want it, and wouldn’t have spent the money on it to begin with.

3. Anet has stated the new skin will be at a discounted price once its out. So instead of getting a free 800gem skin with the return they are offering, we now have a 700? 600?500? gem skin. Due to conversions in prices, we would be getting back the same amount of gold that others would be spending for gems to buy this new skin if it ranged in the 600-500 range and people just lost real life money (like 2$ maybe but im still pointing it out)

4. Those that don’t like the new skin will have to reskin and redo their toons (if they did a makeover kit) to get back what was lost. Some, who even replaced gem store gear, will have to rebuy sets. For those considering transmutation splitters, that’s even more expensive and Anet has not offered to give us the stones needed. ( Even then in some cases it wont recover the skins lost) We just lost more gold/money.

Now that that’s done, i’ll add my two cents as well. Those that were happy with the skin didn’t complain because they were happy with it. Those that liked human t3 but didn’t want to pay another 60-70g or 10$ to get another skin of it are the ones that started all this and they are fine to voice their concern, but they are also fine to keep the armor they already worked for. No one is holding them at gunpoint to change it. Its a temporary cash shop item, it will not be there forever, however the human T3 will be always there. There is no degrading a value of an armor piece when one is constant and the other is not. As for those complaining about making the skin non exclusive people need to remember besides the whole T3 will always be there that this is a free to play game. A cash shop is usually there to make things that are hard or not in game accessible. Although this one is very non intrusive, I have seen others that are pretty much needed to do anything. Things that you buy with ingame money will ALWAYS be more expensive to get then the stuff that you can get from the cash shops. You technically are getting it for free. If you want to do the whole “well I spent time to get this and now its 10$” argument, the cash shop item is not YOUR exact skin, you still have exactly what you spent time to get, and only humans can get it.

Anet should have released 2 other t3 along with this from other races in my opinion, Maybe that was their intent down the road but with so much fuss we will never know. The fact that it was only the T3 human is what has drawn the most issues. But I also wonder where’s the outcry for the other 2 skins ,which are karma and wvw badges, also excusive in a way since you need certain things in game to get them. They are reskinning the sunkissed, but we’re stuck with this kittenty medium and heavy and they are fine giving us a product no one wanted to begin with?

I have no problem with Anet removing the skin, but the reasoning for the removal ( “oh we just noticed…”) is insulting and the fact it is being further removed/changed while being offered at a discounted price is even worse. Change the skin before you put it back up, that’s fine, but let the people who wanted the skin, bought the skin…keep it.. and release all the races T3 for a 12 hour sale to silence the “you took away my cultural but no one else’s exclusivity” people. At the current state, Anet is punishing the people that bought from them while the people who are upset and did not purchase anything are rewarded, a business model that is extremely kittened up.

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I did find it somewhat lame that they just used reskins, and added some flames.

That being said I got two sets, one for pve and pvp……..Don’t judge me!

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Avster.1935

Okay, it’s based off a T3 Racial armor. Big deal, lol… I think the flames compliment the armor nicely. but, oh, who am I kidding….? someone spent 120 gold of fake money, something that doesn’t truly exist and now they are outted imaginary money? Really? Just because the Flamekissed, in essence, is NOT exclusive? It’s because of that, me and others may be penalized someone else’s dislike of the concept, even though WE knowingly bought it cause we loved it.

Oh yes, that’s real fair.

Stop right there. It is a BIG DEAL. Don’t allow ANet to set such precedence.

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

The Gladiator one is rather good in its original form. Many players just like shiny, otherworldly stuff in general (spikes, fire, horns, branches, and what not). I don’t like the fiery version myself, but disagree that they are necessarily ugly skins. I actually love the helmet myself… the original, that is.

Someone will buy them just for the fire effects, I am sure.

Non Sens.8095

Now that’s not what’s my point of view, i like the skin anyway, and it totally doesn’t matter if it’s 800 gems or 1000 for it, i just want to keep that what i payed for, because i don’t accept it to have a skin that can be changed on any day to a total crap skin or getting 800 gems that I have to keep for a few months until something comes that i want to get! So it’s just crazy to force people to those options, just because some people got a problem with it! We have bigger Problems: Wasting 10$ or about 64-70gold! not just like: uuuuh others can have a good looking armor too!

Non Sens.8095

By the way, it’s for my female HUMAN mesmer!

Posted by: Rednaxela.6018

Rednaxela.6018

YES 99% OF THE PEOPLE POSTED… but the people who liked this armor and bought it, never looked in the forum till today. LOL
and pls dont say that this forum should represent the whole gw2 community, thats is weird!

Posted by: Sailsd.9245

Sailsd.9245

It will be missed.
Still, I kinda want to keep it.

Attachments:

(edited by Sailsd.9245)

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

What gets me is how they think everyone wants a Roman gladiator themed heavy set? First my achievement helm now a gem store skin…

Re: Achievement points: At least you don’t have a heavy roman gladiator themed helmet and gloves to go with your cloth armor…

Posted by: Obsidian angel.9863

Obsidian angel.9863

Actually i don’t think this is fair. People who have already bought the flame-kissed armour for other preffesions are going to miss out because we only have the skin for a period of time before they change it. And when they decide to update it our skins we purchased are gonna change.

Why not just give the people who have already purchased this skin the OPTION to DECLINE the Updated skin if they want to KEEP the original flame-kissed. Don’t turn around and say “You can always get a refund” Because i don’t want a refund. I wan’t the flame-kissed armour on my Sylvari necro. And i beg to differ that the UPDATED armour skin for Flame-kissed will be better then what we have.

So why should we not have the option to keep the skin just because all you human’s saved up for a armour skin? Let it sink in, because most of you people have probably transmuted other stuff from other race classes like Engineer backpack on a Thief, We Didn’t complain.

I bet you would like to be one of the few people running around with mega exclusive armor skin huh?
No this would open possibilities for account sellers. You were never supposed to wear T3 human set as a Sylvari and you knew that before the update so why can’t you understand how human players feel? I bet you would be just as upset if it was T3 Sylvari light set available to everyone.

Actually i want Cultural armour across professions. I mean Asura Warrior in Norn T3? That would be kitten. And not really, Sylvari T3 is ugly.

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

please. just stop arguing at a funeral.

LMAO!!!

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

It really isn’t. The pointless restrictions on culturals should have been lifted ages ago. All it does is cut down on armor variety.

Manda D Ulin.2367

People using gem armor skins covering their Tier 3 is beyond my imagination.

Do people actually do that?

I did it on my Asura on my other account with Brahms armor. Twelve months of staring at the same gem encrusted plate gets old. Unless you desperately feel the need to RP in Rata Sum then it might be worth wearing the same set forever.

Avster.1935

It really isn’t. The pointless restrictions on culturals should have been lifted ages ago. All it does is cut down on armor variety.

If they want to lift the restriction on cultural armors, great. Do it in a manner that all of them are unrestricted at the same time, attainable via playing in-game and not the merry gem store.

But wait, ANet won’t do that, why? That won’t get them the $$$

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

If you don’t like them, don’t buy them. In this case, the best way to “vote” and show ANet you don’t like it is to keep your gems/money in your wallet.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Mathea.7281

Mathea.7281

They adressed this issue, pretty happy with their response on this;

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Flamekissed-Armor-Skin/first#post3275229

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

WOW… just wow, the OP was infracted and deleted for being “offensive”… well i’m outta here, general forum is just full of rotten people and mods don’t know how to do their job… guess i’ll just stick to my class forum

btw, you all looked good on your flamekissed armor guys… lets hope for a worthy re-design

EDIT: oh they work fast!… well thanks to the moderator that actually did his/her job <3

(edited by korelg.7862)

Avster.1935

I did it on my Asura on my other account with Brahms armor. Twelve months of staring at the same gem encrusted plate gets old. Unless you desperately feel the need to RP in Rata Sum then it might be worth wearing the same set forever.

Why not just make a second set? :o It’s not really that expensive unless it’s Celestial lol

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

If they want to lift the restriction on cultural armors, great. Do it in a manner that all of them are unrestricted at the same time, attainable via playing in-game and not the merry gem store.

But wait, ANet won’t do that, why? That won’t get them the $$$

That’s a fair point. That said, I saw this as a start for bringing out more unrestricted cultural armors which I view as a very good thing. And there really isn’t much of a difference between buying them for gold and paying gold for gems and then buying them for gems.

Avster.1935

I’m not sure if OP is serious or not, it’s like deliberately walking into a sea of flames…

Manda D Ulin.2367

Why not just make a second set? :o It’s not really that expensive unless it’s Celestial lol

It is… lol

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

The shoulders and gloves of Flamewalker are quite nice. If they had put them on the TP by themselves for 400 gems each, I’m sure they would have sold better than the fugly toxic shoulders/gloves. People just focus on the terrible trench coat and boots, when you don’t have to wear the whole set together.

Flamewrath is a good looking armor set IMO. The gladiator look isn’t for everyone, but I like it better than the female vanguard (male is much better).

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

First of all, I personally believe that (eventually) removing all of the new skins was the only equitable solution. Don’t get me wrong. I do sympathize with everyone who bought the skin. It is a good one, and I do hope that Anet comes up with some kind of reimbursement that works. It’s just that debating on who should keep it and who shouldn’t serves nothing but to inflame more arguments about perceived racial entitlement vs. getting something you paid for.

The fact of the matter remains that we don’t know what ANet is going to do yet. Telling us what they are going to do while letting those who have already bought the skins keep them until they come up with something else is a stalling procedure, and not necessarily a bad one. That way they can try to come up with something that everyone is willing to accept without alienating anyone any more than they already have. I think we should wait before we all get our pitchforks out of mothballs.

Letting Humans keep the skins they bought might sound like a good idea, but if they did that, then those who bought the skins and aren’t Human will be alienated. Letting everyone keep the skins they bought would alienate the Humans. Removing them from the game completely without replacing them would alienate everyone who bought the skins regardless of race. Even if the racial factor wasn’t an issue, letting skins stay in the game that should never have been allowed in the first place serves as a reminder of the snafu to everyone. They can’t win no matter which they do, so I think they are taking the path that causes the least amount of hate and discontent.

TL;DR:
Give them a chance to redeem themselves and make it right before we start to condemn them for something that hasn’t happened yet.

Level 80 Elementalist

Avster.1935

That’s a fair point. That said, I saw this as a start for bringing out more unrestricted cultural armors which I view as a very good thing. And there really isn’t much of a difference between buying them for gold and paying gold for gems and then buying them for gems.

You are correct. However, I actually want to support ANet by buying gems with real money. I want to support this game so that it goes in the right direction, if everyone does gold → gem, how will they survive? :| Thus, my concern about them putting stuff like this on gem store. There really should be a healthy balance between gear attainable in-game and those attainable in gem store – and yes, quality of the in-game gear matters too.

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Alright so let me be the devil’s advocate here. Yeah you “wasted” money on an armor set because Anet came out with the “same” armor just with effects on it. Alright so let’s say they came out with a brand new not re-skinned set of armor that you so LOVED over that T3 human cultural for the same price as the current flame armor now. Would you still complain that they made you waste your money then? After all how dare they bring out a new cool armor after you’ve spent so much time and effort acquiring the cultural armor. The armor is still exclusive anyway, if everyone bought the flaming armor, then the people with the plain, vanilla armor would still be unique.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I do agree. The other two armors should be reworked as well. They aren’t really ugly, and I do like them kind of, but personal references aside, I think they should just scrap all of them and start over.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Azarath.7862

Azarath.7862

This thread is getting less and less civil, and it is bugging me. In truth, both sides (those that felt devalued by the flamekissed armor and those that feel ripped off at it’s destruction) are at a loss due to this. I loved the flamekissed skin, but I am sad it is going away. So many people though are attacking other players saying “You’re a hypocrit! You’re selfish!” It is coming from both sides.

First, the other side. I fully understand where you are coming from. You spent hundreds of hours on the gold for that armor. If anet made a better twilight for fifty bucks, it would be outrageous. They shouldn’t have done that.

Now, let me address my point of view, from my side. I don’t think players should feel like they wasted their time to buy t3 armor. Yes, the only difference in the skin is that it is now on fire. But if a completely different, new, entirely appealing skin came about, how many would say “Boy, I love that armor, and I’d love to have it, but I have my t3 armor so I won’t buy it.” That seems silly to me. This game progressively gives a reason to get rid of your current look and change it, and this isn’t very different. I do not have the t3 armor, but I wanted it since the start of the game. Now anet made a way for an unlucky fool like me to get it.
… and just as quickly, they are taking it away.

That said, the real issue here is with the whole idea. Why the HELL did we get 3 skins that were already in game, with some particle effects? Yes, the particle effect armors look really pretty, and the flamekissed was to die for, but reusing skins is a little ridiculous. We know anet has the capacity to make some beautiful armors . (In fact… why don’t the ascended weapons/armors have such a fantastic effect?) The real outrage should not be that they devalued t3 armor. It should not be that the players with t3 armor are “selfish.” It should not be that players who want the flamekissed armor are “hypocrits.” It should be that anet used a great concept on recycling two common skins, and one really rare one.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

YES 99% OF THE PEOPLE POSTED… but the people who liked this armor and bought it, never looked in the forum till today. LOL
and pls dont say that this forum should represent the whole gw2 community, thats is weird!

It’s not about the amount of people that posted… its about the amount of truth that was told. A cold wake-up slap right in the face.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Nanoko.1850

Nanoko.1850

please reread what I wrote before trying to sound like a smart kitten and taking a single sentence out of context, along with not even reading it correctly.

No one is kittening that the skin was removed from the gem shop, 99% of the people that have posted are fine with it. It was Anets mistake to release the skin in the first place. The issue most people have now is a feeling of being betrayed by anet afterwards due to a few things

I was stating that almost everyone that has POSTED on the topic was fine with the fact it was removed from the gem shop. Not that this forum represented the whole gw2 community or that the ones that bought did not have an issue with how anet is handling the aftermath of their mistake.

Cheers

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

I posted this in another thread and I will post it here also.

This is the best solution the more I think about it the more I understand why they came to this solution. In several months (most likely weeks) this issue will have blown over and any reminder of it gone. Removing the armor was the only way to end this issue permanently, if they would have left the armor in the game they made a few people happy. While leaving many others to smolder over the fact nothing is exclusive in the game.

The other thing is why are people so up in arm’s over the refund method? Anet has not said how they will refund people Cash/Gem’s so all this speculation is just that.

Posted by: Toritaka.8390

Toritaka.8390

Although the Flamekissed Armor uses the same mesh as the Tier 3 Human Cultural Armor, it was not our intention to create an armor skin that so closely matched the existing Tier 3 Human Cultural armor set. The intention was to use the mesh as a basis for creating an armor set that stands apart and is distinct in appearance.

Really? How you say that, if there is an art to the website and see the image perfectly. Every people in Anet knows that armor, is no room for error.

I am disappointed by this unfair decision, we spent many gems in good faith and craft armor and expensive weapons exclusively to use with this armor, and now? Refound all gold, mats, money?

I don’t want a refound, I want buyed armor design, the error is yours, not mine.
I have 10 playable characters, 7 are human, and 3 days ago buy cultural T3 for my Mesmer, yesterday buy the Flamekissed Armor because it looks awesome in my fem elementalist. I don’t want other, I want THIS.

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

“Once this new artwork is completed, we will then update the Flamekissed Armor Skin so that all existing sets that players have purchased get the new art”

So people who specifically get it for this appearance and may not like or have spent the gems on the new appearance are out of luck?

arena net: fixing bad decisions with bad decisions

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I don’t know, the medium armor set looks pretty good to me.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

it’s kinda sad that people can come to the forums and whine and get something people liked taken away.

Lol, if this were true in every case, Anet would have gotten rid of Stealth a long time ago :p

Putting only human T3 cultural armor on the gem store was a mistake, and I’m very glad Anet agrees and is fixing it.

Cultural armor is meant to be race-exclusive by Anet’s own design. Want human T3 light? Roll a human scholar.

I do sympathize with humans who bought the skin, but to be fair how did you not see the brewing blowback?

If you think that cultural armor shouldn’t be race-exclusive, fine, open debate and make sure other players are on the same page. But releasing just one race/profession combo’s cultural armor available to anyone is definitely the wrong way to go about it.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

Posted by: ShinNakon.9085

ShinNakon.9085

What Anet should do is change the Flamekissed to what ever they are planning to please the whiners that cryed that they spent 120g + transmutation stones.

The current Flamekissed light armor should be given out as a reward if you have the Human Specialty Armor achievement completed. Once they get a chance they should release one t3 armor per race that can be obtained if you have the achivement done for that race. This t3 armor set or skin should have some cool effects and just call it a day.

If wondering yes I did buy the new flamekissed armor and transmuted it over my human t3 because it looked way better.

(edited by ShinNakon.9085)

Posted by: Khallis.5708

Khallis.5708

I rolled a human for many reasons including t3 armor etc, people who are calling people who dislike the human cult armor being sold at the cash shop and calling them “kittenes” are morons. The set costs less than half of actual armor. That’s crap, how would you like it if something you paid hard time or money for, had to pick a certain race to get it and suddenly it’s for everyone?

It’s not fair to anyone who rolled a human for the armor because they cannot race change. So stop calling people who complain selfish, you kittenes are the ones being selfish because it’s all benefits for you.

10 real life dollars > make believe money

Posted by: The Angle of Deth.2985

The Angle of Deth.2985

So if one of the problems is that the Flamekissed armor is too cheap in the gem shop…that the human T3 wearers feel slighted that they paid 120 gold and we didn’t, charge the equivalent of 120 gold in gems for the armor. I’d pay it.

Also, I would have NO problem with making my sylvari’s cultural armor available to others. I think it would be cool to make all of the cultural armors available regardless of race. Again, charge the equivalent of 120 gold in the gem shop for the armors.

Can you imagine a little asura sporting the sylvari’s wings? Very cute. ^ ^

I WANT TO KEEP THE ARMOR I PAID FOR…PERIOD. No refund. No re-working…

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Every single one of those flamed-armors are based on pre-existing armor. The Heavy & Medium are based off of Karma Armors, why is no one complaining about that?

Because Karma Armor isn’t a 120 gold Racial Exclusive. Also, I am personally complaining that these were all crappy re-skins at full standard price, instead of actual new products.

AHAHHAHA

thats your problem???

i bet 99% of people who bought it would pay 120g + 800 gems for that SUPER AWESOME ARMOR SKIN!!

so you rather have the best looking light fire style armor in the game removed just because you have spent more on your cultural

just buy both … you only use 1 armor set or what??
you should actually need 4-5 armor sets

i would LOVE to pay 120g and 800 gems to keep that armor
it would have prestige too then in addition to the awesome skins which is already reason enough to buy it

i have tier 3 human armor too
but i dont behave like an idiot and say:
“ewwww its unfaaaaair i spent more… i dont want this awesome armor in the game because others could get a cool skin cheaper than i got my cultural armor!!!!”

most stupid logic ever

the ONLY acceptable argument is that the skin should be human only… because its a cultural armor
…but saying that it is cheaper and thats why it has to be removed… really only stupidly jealous people rage because of that

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

angelpaladin.7921

I rolled a human for many reasons including t3 armor etc, people who are calling people who dislike the human cult armor being sold at the cash shop and calling them “kittenes” are morons. The set costs less than half of actual armor. That’s crap, how would you like it if something you paid hard time or money for, had to pick a certain race to get it and suddenly it’s for everyone?

It’s not fair to anyone who rolled a human for the armor because they cannot race change. So stop calling people who complain selfish, you kittenes are the ones being selfish because it’s all benefits for you.

10 real life dollars > make believe money

Your mistaken thought the armor did not cost 10 real life dollars. The armor cost 800gem’s which technically have no real monetary value since there backed by no governments.

Anet made true on there promise when you gave them 10 dollars they gave you 800 gem’s to spend.

angelpaladin.7921

So if one of the problems is that the Flamekissed armor is too cheap in the gem shop…that the human T3 wearers feel slighted that they paid 120 gold and we didn’t, charge the equivalent of 120 gold in gems for the armor. I’d pay it.

Also, I would have NO problem with making my sylvari’s cultural armor available to others. I think it would be cool to make all of the cultural armors available regardless of race. Again, charge the equivalent of 120 gold in the gem shop for the armors.

Can you imagine a little asura sporting the sylvari’s wings? Very cute. ^ ^

I WANT TO KEEP THE ARMOR I PAID FOR…PERIOD. No refund. No re-working…

Thats great and all but that’s not what this game is about and that’s not really what upset the majority of us. This game is about exclusivity there is no vertical gear grind there is a skin grind thought. Certain skins where promised to be exclusive to certain races. How could anet refund me the time I spent leveling 2 human’s for Tier 3 Cultural?

Posted by: ShinNakon.9085

ShinNakon.9085

I say keep it as a reward for the whiners that say they paid 120g for their t3 armor and the gemstore one is cheaper. As for the reward make it so that if you have the Human Specialty Armor achievement completed you get the armor skin and use it on any race you want. This way you can please the ones that cried about that they paid to much and also please the ones that want this new skin.

As for where I am coming from with this I liked the new Flamekissed skin so much I transmuted over my existing human t3 on my ele. Don’t want a new skin since that is not what I opened up my wallet to pay for.

Posted by: Sailsd.9245

Sailsd.9245

Why did you level for the skin, you didn’t need to. ^^

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

Nice memorial.

So how many of you took your screenshots after seeing this thread?

I took mine just for this thread but what does that have to do with anything? I generally don’t go around taking screenshots all the time, really almost never. I don’t have a need for 100s of pictures on my computer of me playing the game.

What it has to do with is being an offense to real memorials of real losses. You can’t post-date a memorial like you can post-date a check just because you’re expecting to lose something.