[Merged] Cultural Human T3 Not Exclusive

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

[ ] Change the skin and refund those that don’t like it.
[X] Change the skin but let ppl choose old or new.
[X] Change the skin but let ppl how used it on human T3 to keep old one.
[ ] Keep the skin and change the other two sets to T3 skins.
[ ] Make three new sets making three T3 sets and three normal.

Any of those two. I lost almost the 100 gold I spend on the normal cultural T3 and I don’t want it to lost because of the new skin. Let me keep the current gem store skin or give the old T3 cultural. Isn’t fair to lost my money (the real and virtual one) because of these change

EXACTLY.

I feel like I’m getting screwed twice.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

If you bought a dress from a store – it’s now yours. The store owner CANNOT take it back from you simply because a bunch of customers don’t like what you purchased.

This move by ANet is illegal and unethical.

A incredibly stupid metaphor that dose not apply to this situation, they have done NOTHING illegal and NOTHING unethical.

Posted by: thartalion.2756

thartalion.2756

I’m giving Anet a break since it’s Thanksgiving, but i’m still expecting an official response soon (like, beggining of next week max).

I’ve seen people today making remarks like “people are upset now, but they’ll keep spending cash on gems anyway”. Please don’t make such assumptions. Personnally, i’ll wait for the official response and if they stick to what they said last night, i’ll do exactly what you proposed : I’ll “deal with it” and “move on”… to another game.

Another thing i’ve read today is people saying : “if you were dumb enough to buy that armor without reading the complaints on the forums, it’s your fault”. You really think the vast majority of players visit the forums/reddit everyday… or at all? I’ve seen alot of people in-game early last night who were wondering in map chat why the set was suddenly removed from the gemshop. I was one of them and for at least 30-40 minutes, we all thought it was a bug, until someone came here and checked what was happening.

Now imagine a player who bought the skin last night and doesn’t relog, let’s say, until next week. If they make the switch between now and then, will it be that player’s fault if he gets a very unpleasant surprise when he logs back in?

Anyway, removing the armor from the shop is fine with me (sort of… the skin is one year old and everyone’s been complaining that T3 was too expensive, but whatever). Removing it from players who bought it is pretty lame.

Look at it this way : if they kept it in the store, some people would have lost “exclusivity”. By removing it to people who bought it, we lost either or all of 10,00$, 800 gems, Makeover kits, gold, and our old amor set’s look.

Arnath.2319

I’m giving Anet a break since it’s Thanksgiving, but i’m still expecting an official response soon (like, beggining of next week max).

They have already responded, the situation has fully resolved itself, there is nothing more to discuss.

People just like complaining, but there is no need for another response from the devs, they have done the right thing and the sooner this thread and this topic dies the sooner we can move on to discussing better things.

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I believe what should happen is a cash refund + a gem refund. If the people do not like the new skin they can refund it for even more gems. That’s 1600 gems if you don’t like it and the cash back. Because it was unfair to people that bought it. Same as the people who rolled human and didn’t just get their armor by buying a few gems with a credit card.

Whoever released this showed me that Anet has no communication or accountability with their employees. Who in their right mind would let this get sold after Anet banned people who exploited racial armor on other races before and said they wouldn’t do anything like this? That person should be fired.They’ve caused so much problems that it is simply annoying.

What people who are affected get should be between them and ArenaNet.

At the point people acquired the skin, the value that matters is the value they place upon it, not the list price or the price someone else says ArenaNet should pay. I’m not losing 800 gems or 1600 gems. I’m losing a skin that I value more, not because of what I paid, but because it is a fantastic fit for my character. I want to be as happy with how my character looks after the skin is changed as I am now.

Failing that, I want something for one of my other characters that would make me equally happy with it as I am with the character wearing the skin now regardless of the list price, because the most important factor is something I valued is being taken away from me and what I get in return should be something I value as much.

ArenaNet should be working as hard as they can, and do as much as they can to ensure that the people who the armor is taken away from are happy. That promise that support would be trying to help people after the change needs to be aimed at making sure people are as happy as they are with the skin, not as happy as they were before they bought it. They did a bad thing to people to appease other people. They may not be able to make up for it to everyone affected, but they should try as hard as they can to do so.

Thelgar.7214

If you bought a dress from a store – it’s now yours. The store owner CANNOT take it back from you simply because a bunch of customers don’t like what you purchased.

This move by ANet is illegal and unethical.

A incredibly stupid metaphor that dose not apply to this situation, they have done NOTHING illegal and NOTHING unethical.

Not illegal, but definitely unethical and immoral.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

There is actually a pretty close fix to please both parties.

1) Change all the armor to new skin, everyone

2) Make a special version to the players purchased before the change, this special version got the new skin, that’s what every other players see, but trick the owner of this special version to see they are still wearing the discontinued flamekiss skin (explanation: you are having an open world armor preview in T3 flamekiss skin and actually able to fight and do what ever stuffs, but others player see you is with the new skin)

I guess this is the only solution that please most players.

Players who against the armor will never see the flamekiss skin anymore in game.

Players that own the T3 flamekiss keep the skin but they will never able to show off their shiny armor in game.

Players that don’t have human T3 nor the T3 flamekiss will never able to obtain it.

What you guys think?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

They have already responded, the situation has fully resolved itself, there is nothing more to discuss.

People just like complaining, but there is no need for another response from the devs, they have done the right thing and the sooner this thread and this topic dies the sooner we can move on to discussing better things.

Obviously the situation has not fully resolved itself if you read this entire thread and many others on the topic you will see that. Maybe in your opinion it has been resolved and they did the right thing but to a large group of people it is far from that.

The Burninator

thartalion.2756

There are other sub-forums to discuss “better things”. They did the right thing in your mind because you probably didn’t lose a dime in the process. And no one is forcing you to read this thread anyway.

People who complained in the first place were heard, so why can’t we get that chance too?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Illegal, probably not, but probably depends on local laws where ANet is doing business. I do not know the laws of every state, province, nation, etc where GW2 is sold, do you ?

Unethical ? I think that claim can be supported. ANet advertised a product as having a certain utility and then removed that utility without refunding the purchase price. By advertising that gems could be used to purchase the new armor skin and then removing that advertised ability after accepting payment for those gems I think ANet may have acted in a fashion that could be arguably described as unethical.

In my opinion it is too early to say. How ANet addresses all of those adversely affected by this situation will determine the matter to me. I certainly don’t think that it is unethical for them to wait until after their staff get back from the holiday to implement a fix.

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

Reported this post.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Posted by: Valanga.5942

Valanga.5942

Its not really the same. It is more comprehensive

Actually it’s true, everyone and their Quaggans’ gone jellymad because of the cultural t3 rip off and nobody noticed that the other 2 also are rip offs… But maybe ANet hopes that all the noise about the cultural and defenders who don’t know how to defend them in that, will make that go unnoticed…

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

[ ] Change the skin and refund those that don’t like it.
[] Change the skin but let ppl choose old or new.
[] Change the skin but let ppl how used it on human T3 to keep old one.
[X] Keep the skin and change the other two sets to T3 skins.
[ ] Make three new sets making three T3 sets and three normal.

Ashen.2907

You were heard, the situation has fully resolved itself, there is NOTHING more to discuss, you can complain all you want but they have already announced the solution. It is done, finished, final.

You wont get to keep the skin, you will be fully refunded, everything has been solved. Contact customer support when the new skin arrives and everything is perfect. There is literally nothing more to discuss.

So, if everything has been fully resolved….

Where are the refunds ? If it has been fully resolved, as opposed to being resolved at some unstated time in the future, the refunds would have been issued.

Will people who transmuted the new skin onto previously transmuted armors such as their old T3 human cultural, get that armor back, or will they get the original, pre T3 cultural, skin of the armor ? ANet has not commented on this question and yet it is resolved according to you. What is the resolution if you have access to information that ANet has not shared with anyone else ?

Will the refund be in gems for people who bought them for the sole purpose of buying the armor skin ? ANet has not given a solid answer on this, and yet you claim it is resolved. What is the resolution if you have access to information that ANet has not shared with anyone else ?

I am honestly curious as to how you have answers that ANet has not provided to anyone else. What is your source of information ?

Arnath.2319

You were heard, the situation has fully resolved itself, there is NOTHING more to discuss, you can complain all you want but they have already announced the solution. It is done, finished, final.

You wont get to keep the skin, you will be fully refunded, everything has been solved. Contact customer support when the new skin arrives and everything is perfect. There is literally nothing more to discuss.

So, if everything has been fully resolved….

Where are the refunds ? If it has been fully resolved, as opposed to being resolved at some unstated time in the future, the refunds would have been issued.

Will people who transmuted the new skin onto previously transmuted armors such as their old T3 human cultural, get that armor back, or will they get the original, pre T3 cultural, skin of the armor ? ANet has not commented on this question and yet it is resolved according to you. What is the resolution if you have access to information that ANet has not shared with anyone else ?

Will the refund be in gems for people who bought them for the sole purpose of buying the armor skin ? ANet has not given a solid answer on this, and yet you claim it is resolved. What is the resolution if you have access to information that ANet has not shared with anyone else ?

I am honestly curious as to how you have answers that ANet has not provided to anyone else. What is your source of information ?

Refunds will come once the new skin is released, if you dont like the new skin contact customer support and be FULLY refunded.

You will get your old armor skin back.

Your refund will be gems, you spend real money on gems, you did NOT spend real money on the skin. You will never get your money back from purchasing gems.

Now take a deep breath, relax, everything will be fine you can stop panicking.

thartalion.2756

What is your source of information ?

Probably “TROLOLO : The Great Book of Trolling”.

Seems like this guy is afraid of something, wishing we all get perma-banned for expressing our opinions on an online forum dedicated to discussion. It’s just another thread in a vast pool of sub-forums. Pretty sure he could read something else if he really wanted too.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I’m pretty sure Gaile has answered some of those questions. Search around if you are looking for answers.

And for anyone playing Legally Blonde in here : if you are so sure about that, go find a lawyer and sue Anet. Also refrain from posting in here, because even if you were onto something, the quality of some posts wouldn’t work in your favor.

Ashen.2907

Refunds will come once the new skin is released, if you dont like the new skin contact customer support and be FULLY refunded.

Your refund will be gems, you spend real money on gems, you did NOT spend real money on the skin. You will never get your money back from purchasing gems.

I am not panicking. I did not buy the armor. I am still curious about the source for your definitive statements.

So, source ?

Thelgar.7214

There is actually a pretty close fix to please both parties.

1) Change all the armor to new skin, everyone

2) Make a special version to the players purchased before the change, this special version got the new skin, that’s what every other players see, but trick the owner of this special version to see they are still wearing the discontinued flamekiss skin (explanation: you are having an open world armor preview in T3 flamekiss skin and actually able to fight and do what ever stuffs, but others player see you is with the new skin)

I guess this is the only solution that please most players.

Players who against the armor will never see the flamekiss skin anymore in game.

Players that own the T3 flamekiss keep the skin but they will never able to show off their shiny armor in game.

Players that don’t have human T3 nor the T3 flamekiss will never able to obtain it.

What you guys think?

Why have nice armor only you can see? Besides, I like seeing other characters in the armor as well as mine. But, you’re on the right track. In the same way they created a way to turn off the volume of the gem store instruments, create a way to turn off seeing seeing the armor that is client side. People who aren’t opposed to the armor get to wear it and see it and show it off to others who aren’t opposed to it. People opposed to it never see it.

Reesha.7901

I am not panicking. I did not buy the armor. I am still curious about the source for your definitive statements.

So, source ?

I am curious as well about this “source”.

Ashen.2907

Hmm, just went and reread the dev posts on the matter and they do not address all of the questions Arnath claims have been resolved.

So, if not Regina’s, et al, posts, what is the source ?

thartalion.2756

Think i found “The Source” :

“The thing is, we can’t make it an either/or situation, and the devs feel that the best course is to change the armor. It would be nice to say “Change if you want” but that’s not feasible. So the Flamekissed Armor Skin will be reworked. And when it is, you guys are welcome to share your thoughts and to let Customer Support know what they can do for you. (No, “a new car and a couple of free pizzas” isn’t going to be on the table. )
I understand this is sort of a hot topic right now, but again, there’s nothing to lose by waiting for a look-see at the new armor set, and there may be something to gain! It’s certainly what I would do and I encourage you to think of doing the same.”

and

“ou know, in looking at all the situations with players and their different needs, I really believe the best course here is to wait for the introduction of the replacement armor set. From what I’ve been told, it’s going to be really nice. Please keep in mind we’ve already made it clear that Customer Support will try to resolve the individual concerns that you may have once the armor change is made. Each of you may have slightly different situations. But since the armor is not out now, and because we will be happy to address your concern after you’ve had time to appraise the new set, doesn’t it make sense to wait and see?”

Post made by Gaile Gray in

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Flamekissed

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

Legally they can do anything they want at any time with out any reason.

EULA are not necessarily legally binding. I agree with you for the most part otherwise.

I agree fully but that’s the brilliance behind them. Anet could literally out last a normal person in court. They have millions if not billion’s of dollars to fight a court case with where the avg joe might have a tenth of that.

Ashen.2907

Think i found “The Source” :

“The thing is, we can’t make it an either/or situation, and the devs feel that the best course is to change the armor. It would be nice to say “Change if you want” but that’s not feasible. So the Flamekissed Armor Skin will be reworked. And when it is, you guys are welcome to share your thoughts and to let Customer Support know what they can do for you. (No, “a new car and a couple of free pizzas” isn’t going to be on the table. )
I understand this is sort of a hot topic right now, but again, there’s nothing to lose by waiting for a look-see at the new armor set, and there may be something to gain! It’s certainly what I would do and I encourage you to think of doing the same.”

and

“ou know, in looking at all the situations with players and their different needs, I really believe the best course here is to wait for the introduction of the replacement armor set. From what I’ve been told, it’s going to be really nice. Please keep in mind we’ve already made it clear that Customer Support will try to resolve the individual concerns that you may have once the armor change is made. Each of you may have slightly different situations. But since the armor is not out now, and because we will be happy to address your concern after you’ve had time to appraise the new set, doesn’t it make sense to wait and see?”

Post made by Gaile Gray in

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Flamekissed

Yeah, those are a couple of the posts I read after seeing the claim that everything was resolved. Good posts. They do not resolve some of the questions being asked.

Posted by: VampyreJack.9183

VampyreJack.9183

So, source ?

sigh… i really should not be responding to trolls…

Please go re-read the devs response, the information is all there, it is extremely clear. Wait until the new skin is released then contact customer support for full refund.

really Arnath? there are many with grey areas, including myself. Here is my last post. what is your answer to my inquiry that sounds like it will be fair? considering that i invested time and money into a character ONLY created because of this skin, to compliment this skin? Hmm?. you can’t speak for everyone, and we have the right to address our concerns in hopes that devs will answer them:

my OP quoted:

First, i want to preface this with where i am coming from personally. I spent 1600 gems, and 28 gold with the release of this flamekissed armor. I spent 800 for the armor skin, and because of how i forsaw this armor skin looking on a sylvari, i spent another 800 gems on a new character slot (my 9th character). i spent the 28 gold on two different rare Midnight dyes (Fire and Ice). If they redo the skin into something i personally hate (having a background and career in art, character appearances are the most important thing to me in this game), i will be furious with just the simple refund of 800 gems. If i hate it, i would definitely want the full 1600 gems and 28 gold back (i’d eat the time i spent playing the toon and leveling with just minor dissatisfaction). I only created this character and spent all those gems and gold SOLEY because of the way i enjoyed the appearance of the flamekissed skin on a Sylvari.

SOLUTION: to avoid all the headache and hassle with dealing with customer support and the chance that i may not even be given back everything i spent in full, my solution is that you give an option to players to either a) RETAIN the skin appearance AS they bought it, when they bought it or b) use the new skin that Anet plans on replacing it with. This way there would be NO need for customer support or gem refunds. People who want to keep what they paid for get to, and people who want the new flamekissed skin they are going to design can take that instead. This is something that could be mailed upon selecting the new version of the skin, or retained if not desired.

Thelgar.7214

Thartalion, please stop with the childish insults, all i have done is try and help those who are not capable of understanding.

It is not my fault so many people in this forum do not pay attention and read the devs responses. Everything has been resolved yet so many of you are determined to continue complaining, its a waste of time and energy. I was trying to help yet i only get attacked.

They do not resolve some of the questions being asked.

If you have questions im happy to answer them.

Eight hours after those dev responses customer service told someone there would not be an option after the change other than to receive 800 gems or keep the changed skin. There has been nothing since then. If that CS post was in error, it would have been easy for that information to have been updated.

thartalion.2756

Thartalion, please stop with the childish insults, all i have done is try and help those who are not capable of understanding.

It is not my fault so many people in this forum do not pay attention and read the devs responses. Everything has been resolved yet so many of you are determined to continue complaining, its a waste of time and energy. I was trying to help yet i only get attacked.

If you have questions im happy to answer them.

Next time, when we ask for a source, post it instead of calling us trolls.

How were we supposed to know that Gaile answered a part of the question in a not-so popular thread in the Support section instead of here, a 33 page long thread with almost 30k views in the general forum? Someone told me to check the Dev tracker.

I don’t want to insult you or anyone else, but kitten , if you want to help, then help!

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I hear good things about ArenaNet before i bought this game and based on it i bought GW2 (never played in GW1) so i don’t really had any experience with that company.

Howered now i do, and im officially putting ArenaNet next to EA in the category of worse companies ever, and i won’t touch any of their future products they have to offer.

From poor pve to poor pvp they failed in every aspect of this game;

-Tons of bugs? Check.
-Poor and slow balance causing build vs build, hardcounters? Check.
-Olny 1 pvp gamemode? Check.
-Lack of rewards in spvp? Check
-No new features in WvW behind failed bloodlust? Check.
-Stretched armors with clipping issues everywhere for charr and asura? Check.
-Timegated stuff? Check.
-Temp contest that noone give a kitten about it other than AP? Check
-Poorly done pve causing go full zerk or go home? Check.
-Reskinned armors, even a cultural? Check.
-Sellable legendaries? Check.
-Tons of grind (when they says its grindfree game), rng? Check.
-Lack of features common in other MMO’s (GvG, duels and so on)? Check.
-Pooory written game engine creating huge fps problems and skill lag? Check.
-Disrecpect to players that wasted time on fractals above lv 30? Check.
-Disrecpect to customer in general, lack of responses? Check.

Thats how i see AN, as a company that fails in everything they touch, i wish them luck in 2014 tho. New mmos coming out, and im sure once it happen, i will be gone from GW2 and from AN for good, and when someone ask me about GW i will tell them “avoid that kitten and the AN company from miles” for a good reason.

Yet you still play it, what does that say about you?

VampyreJack.9183

hmm, seems Arnath has no answer for my question :P. he said he’d be “Happy to answer them”…guess he doesn’t have all the answers to our concerns; hence why we are posting in a forum hoping our concerns and questions will be addressed.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Legally they can do anything they want at any time with out any reason.

EULA are not necessarily legally binding. I agree with you for the most part otherwise.

I agree fully but that’s the brilliance behind them. Anet could literally out last a normal person in court. They have millions if not billion’s of dollars to fight a court case with where the avg joe might have a tenth of that.

It wouldn’t even go to court, there will never be a court case over $10, no judge would ever get involved in something that petty without damaging their own reputation as a judge. Switch brains on people.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Arnath.2319

So, source ?

sigh… i really should not be responding to trolls…

Please go re-read the devs response, the information is all there, it is extremely clear. Wait until the new skin is released then contact customer support for full refund.

really Arnath? there are many with grey areas, including myself. Here is my last post. what is your answer to my inquiry that sounds like it will be fair? considering that i invested time and money into a character ONLY created because of this skin, to compliment this skin? Hmm?. you can’t speak for everyone, and we have the right to address our concerns in hopes that devs will answer them:

my OP quoted:

First, i want to preface this with where i am coming from personally. I spent 1600 gems, and 28 gold with the release of this flamekissed armor. I spent 800 for the armor skin, and because of how i forsaw this armor skin looking on a sylvari, i spent another 800 gems on a new character slot (my 9th character). i spent the 28 gold on two different rare Midnight dyes (Fire and Ice). If they redo the skin into something i personally hate (having a background and career in art, character appearances are the most important thing to me in this game), i will be furious with just the simple refund of 800 gems. If i hate it, i would definitely want the full 1600 gems and 28 gold back (i’d eat the time i spent playing the toon and leveling with just minor dissatisfaction). I only created this character and spent all those gems and gold SOLEY because of the way i enjoyed the appearance of the flamekissed skin on a Sylvari.

SOLUTION: to avoid all the headache and hassle with dealing with customer support and the chance that i may not even be given back everything i spent in full, my solution is that you give an option to players to either a) RETAIN the skin appearance AS they bought it, when they bought it or b) use the new skin that Anet plans on replacing it with. This way there would be NO need for customer support or gem refunds. People who want to keep what they paid for get to, and people who want the new flamekissed skin they are going to design can take that instead. This is something that could be mailed upon selecting the new version of the skin, or retained if not desired.

You will be refunded your gems if you do not like the look of the new armor, ArenaNet do not need to refund you the character slot or the dyes you brought, you can contact customer support when the new skin is released and ask them but they are under no obligation to do so.

VampyreJack.9183

good thing you’re not Anet, Arnath. i’m sure that after all the money i’ve given their company, they’d value my business more than someone who doesn’t get my money :P. I (we) will continue to await THEIR response to our other concerns. people who can’t speak on Anet’s behalf rather than quoting them directly, while those of us with deeper questions continue to wait, should stop quoting them as a go-to for every question, as their original response doesn’t necessarily cover every question.

Thelgar.7214

You will be refunded your gems if you do not like the look of the new armor, ArenaNet do not need to refund you the character slot or the dyes you brought, you can contact customer support when the new skin is released and ask them but they are under no obligation to do so.

They are under no legal obligation to do so. But they are certainly under a moral obligation to do so. They aren’t taking 800 gems from people. They are taking the skin and with it, devaluing the character wearing it and anything they acquired specifically to go with it. They took the skin away to satisfy those that felt it devalued their characters. So they have a moral obligation to compensate those they are taking the skin from in a way that ensures that their characters are not devalued. That means fully reimbursing people for all expenses for those who feel that is an adequate remedy, and replacing the skin and possibly other items whose value is decreased in its absence with something else the play whose skin is being taken away values as much.

Protoavis.9107

This does NOT fix it for all parties whatsoever. I want to keep what i paid for with real money.

You will get to keep your gems. IE the only thing that can be bought with real money

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I can’t see where this has been confirmed.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

angelpaladin.7921

The people who are so unhappy with Anet’s decision now why dont they contact customer support and have them roll back there account to right before they got the armor? There problems solved you get back all your gold and money etc.

Ashen.2907

They are under no legal obligation to do so.

I am not sure that this is the case.

Consider that at the time some people bought gems specifically to get the armor ANet advertised that the gems could be used to acquire that armor.

If a company removes an advertised utility of a purchased product, gems in this case, then I think one could potentially make a solid legal case for a refund. Not that this would be likely to go to court of course.

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

And that’s the problem, you think you are entitled to special treatment, that maybe if you complain loud enough they will cave in and meet your demands.

Kind of funny that you say this considering that’s what Anet literally just did all of…two days ago?

Protoavis.9107

…….

On a tangent, I’m surprised your name hasn’t been changed given that the last part MisterEction can’t be a coincidence and it’s exactly appropriate.

Ashen.2907

…….

On a tangent, I’m surprised your name hasn’t been changed given that the last part MisterEction can’t be a coincidence and it’s exactly appropriate.

When read quickly it comes out as Misdirection (to me). The portion you bolded has more than one meaning as well.

angelpaladin.7921

They are under no legal obligation to do so.

I am not sure that this is the case.

Consider that at the time some people bought gems specifically to get the armor ANet advertised that the gems could be used to acquire that armor.

If a company removes an advertised utility of a purchased product, gems in this case, then I think one could potentially make a solid legal case for a refund. Not that this would be likely to go to court of course.

Once more I am not a lawyer but
I bet the moment you tried taking them to court over 10 dollars they just ban your entire account. Why because at that point they have no interest in keeping you as a customer. They have ZERO obligation to continue to provide you the rental service you currently receive. At the end of the day it still won’t matter because you be out of your account so that 10 dollars would be gone your account would be gone and you have thousand’s of dollars worth of legal fee’s assuming you even got it to a court.

JustTrogdor.7892

Looking at the post history it seems Arnath was one of the originally unhappy when the set came out due to having HT3. So basically they seem to be in FYGM mode now that the change is happening. Then again I thought they quit the game so why should they care.

ArenaNet is committing suicide with this game it is shocking, Guild Wars 2 had the potential to be the greatest MMO in history, yet this past year things have dramatically been getting worse and worse and this patch is the final straw for me. I give up. Its not worth playing this train wreck. I will gladly come back if they fix this game, but until then i give this game another year before its officially dead.

The Burninator

Reesha.7901

And that’s the problem, you think you are entitled to special treatment, that maybe if you complain loud enough they will cave in and meet your demands.

I am telling you the reality of the situation, you dont have to like it but thats how it is.

Actually, you do not know how it is. You do not speak for ArenaNet.
Considering your own complaints, I find it puzzling that you are pointing fingers at others for having very valid concerns.

Thelgar.7214

…….

When read quickly it comes out as Misdirection (to me). The portion you bolded has more than one meaning as well.

Exactly. But don’t overwhelm him. He strained himself coming up with that juvenile personal attack.

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

ArenaNet claim they will fully reimburse players that were “tricked” into buying this skin if they don’t like the new one..

“. . . any player that has already purchased the set and who does not like the new, updated look, can get a full refund by contacting Customer Support.”

In my opinion that should not be limited to 800 gems in all cases, since some players spent a lot more because of the armor skin and how it looked on their characters.
A so called “full refund” should include a complete restoration of previous armor (and character) looks, along with a full reimbursement of items spent to aquire said look (purchased/consumed dyes, purchased/consumed Self-Style Hair Kit/Total Makeover Kit). Otherwise they will have a whole lot of angry customers that will feel very cheated.. and rightly so.

JustTrogdor.7892

Nor have i ever claimed to speak on there behalf i am only telling you what they have tolled us. Its not my fault people can not pay attention to what ArenaNet say.

People have read Anet’s response and people are unhappy with it. Your stance is that is what they said and if people don’t like it too bad they should just sit down and shut up.

This whole thing started with people complaining about the gem store armor looking like HT3. People were unhappy and they spoke up. Anet could have said, “We made this gem store set and if you don’t like it too bad that is where we stand.”

So per your words when that can of worms opened up:

The Burninator

Ashen.2907

Once more I am not a lawyer but
I bet the moment you tried taking them to court over 10 dollars they just ban your entire account. Why because at that point they have no interest in keeping you as a customer. They have ZERO obligation to continue to provide you the rental service you currently receive. At the end of the day it still won’t matter because you be out of your account so that 10 dollars would be gone your account would be gone and you have thousand’s of dollars worth of legal fee’s assuming you even got it to a court.

I suppose it depends on whether or not a company can legally take punitive action against an individual for pursuing a good faith legal claim against it. Such is illegal, as in criminally so, in some areas.

I am not certain that something that can be had for a one time fee can be defined as a, “rental.” If you do define GW2 as a rental service then the one time fee covers a period of time defined as the life of the game in its entirety from the point of purchase until the closing of the game. The customer has already paid for next year’s, and the year after, etc (assuming the game lasts that long) rent. A company generally cannot legally continue to charge, or keep prepaid, “rent,” for a service they have chosen to cease to provide.

You are absolutely correct in that it is generally not worth even attempting to go to court over ten dollars. It is also generally not worth alienating a customer who has demonstrated a willingness to spend money on your product… over ten dollars.

I believe that ANet will provide cash refunds for gems purchased for the purpose of acquiring the armor. I hope that they will also refund/replace transmutations stones used. I expect that people who bought dyes, a weapon skin to match, etc will be out of luck.

I think it would be a good idea to throw together some sort of bonus or token of appreciation for those who bought the armor. Not because they have to, or because people will sue, or anything of the sort, but as a sign that they understand and appreciate the inconvenience that a situation such as this can cause for their players. Customer goodwill is a valuable commodity that is all too easily lost.

Protoavis.9107

People have read Anet’s response and people are unhappy with it. Your stance is that is what they said and if people don’t like it too bad they should just sit down and shut up.

I think it’s more a case of wait and see what the replacement looks like at this point. Given the announcement by Gaile it seems unlikely they’ll address any perceived issue from this situation until that time. For all we know the replacement armor may be better making all the complaints redundant. There’s just a lot of “jumping the gun” and comes across like people just want to rant at each other and Anet without having all the information (which can’t be available until the new skin is here).

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

It’s not about taking people to court.. If removing the skin in the first place is to “make some people happy because they felt cheated/wronged for having their expensive/‘unique’ skin sold cheaply/universally in the gemstore” then not reimbursing those that bought it fully would make other people more upset than the people they were trying to appease to begin with.

JustTrogdor.7892

I think it’s more a case of wait and see what the replacement looks like at this point. Given the announcement by Gaile it seems unlikely they’ll address any perceived issue from this situation until that time. For all we know the replacement armor may be better making all the complaints redundant. There’s just a lot of “jumping the gun” and comes across like people just want to rant at each other and Anet without having all the information (which can’t be available until the new skin is here).

I agree a lot of it has to do with the unknown regarding what the revamped set will look like. I think when people hear, “just wait, it will be something special” they will be very pessimistic.

The Burninator