[Merged] Cultural Human T3 Not Exclusive

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Archduke Mephistopheles.3180

Archduke Mephistopheles.3180

[…]

• Once this new artwork is completed, we will then update the Flamekissed Armor Skin so that all existing sets that players have purchased get the new art. We will also offer the Flamekissed Armor Skin for sale again at that time.
    […]

Meh… Finally there is an armor making it worthwhile creating a Sylvari caster and now it will be taken away again…

I strongly disagree with that course of action really.

I understand people got mad because of the recycling of a formerly human-exclusive racial armor skin (since people nowadays get mad about everything anyways…), and kudos to ANet for taking complains seriously and acting upon the feedback, but for the likes of me who created a character concept based on that very armor skin it is rather discouraging, since I might end up with a character I don’t want to play anymore… The time and money invested in that character will not be reimbursed after all….

I’d rather like to see the armor that has been sold already to stay in game as it is – Since it’s account bound anyways it’s not like you could sell it for an fortune in gold as a super rare armor or anything ~.~
Create a new armor for the store, but please do not just “replace” the skins that are in-game already!

[…]

• When we update the Flamekissed Armor Skins with the new artwork, any player that has already purchased the set and who does not like the new, updated look, can get a full refund by contacting Customer Support.
    […]

Hope you refund any used transmutation stones, gems for the additional character slot and time I spent to level up a character that was basically based on that skin as well? Not to mention all the gold gold I spent on dyes and items for that character?

If you really follow that course of action I REALLY hope the new skin you design as a replacement will be VERY CLOSE to the look of the current armor set… Otherwise this really would be the very first reason since game launch to take an extended break from the game -sigh-

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

[…]

• Once this new artwork is completed, we will then update the Flamekissed Armor Skin so that all existing sets that players have purchased get the new art. We will also offer the Flamekissed Armor Skin for sale again at that time.
    […]

Meh… Finally there is an armor making it worthwhile creating a Sylvari caster and now it will be taken away again…

If it’s female, you may want to look at sylvari t1, the armor cut is largely the same it’s just thematically different (made of plants) beyond that though it’s still just a bikini top with the open front slit skirt.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: BazeDragon.3927

BazeDragon.3927

[…]

[…]

If it’s female, you may want to look at sylvari t1, the armor cut is largely the same it’s just thematically different (made of plants) beyond that though it’s still just a bikini top with the open front slit skirt.

Personally I find Sylvari cultural gear to be pretty awkward to dye with the skin colours I choose (parts of the armour will be blended with the skin colour), can make it hard to make them really look good.

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

What’s really comical guy’s is we have gone back forth on this thread non stop arguing this and that. Chances are the main reason it was removed from the game was because of a bug that causes your character to go full nude when using certain skills.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Where-did-my-Flamekissed-Armor-go-O-O/first#post3295167

I am sure they could get into trouble with the ESRB (people who rate video games) if they didn’t show they where taking steps to fix this graphic error.

Posted by: Archduke Mephistopheles.3180

Archduke Mephistopheles.3180

[…]

[…]

The Flamekissed armor has a rather unique look, making it perfect for a fire elementalist and working rather well with the hellfire armor pieces.
I’m not a big fan of the plant-look of weapons and armor really…
I like the whole concept in general, since Sylvari are plant-creatures after all, but it doesn’t work out for me personally (besides the plant armors being a nightmare to dye).

Guess I have to wait and see what ANet will replace the Flamekissed armor with… Hoping they surprise me positively for once with an equally awesome skin…
I fear though that it’ll end up being another skin that won’t live up to my standards…

Attachments:

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

The other two armors are copies of other in-game armors as well, just the ugliest designed armor out there with a bit of fire on them, why there aren’t getting a re-work as it should be done to be correct?

\||||||/
O°v°O

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They aren’t removing it due to the bug, that’s clear. Nor do I believe they did it purely due to the outrage. They listen to their customers a heck of a lot more than forum posters seem to believe, but they are not controlled by them. In this case, a skin got by a reviewer who didn’t realize it was the human cultural, it got in game, the error was pointed out (via forum fervor etc) and they made the decision to recall the skin because it actually was a mistake on their part. Even if some people really appreciated the mistake and took action in reliance on it, they made the call that leaving it to stand as it was would be a bigger imposition and error than doing what they could to undo the gaffe.

Now, I do think they should be reworking the two other flame armors as well. I do like the heavy but I’ve preview-tested a lot of dyes on it and it just doesn’t blend well. Something pastels out a lot of the dye channels. If they don’t want to recall those, since they are hardly an imposition on exclusivity, they should introduce new variants along with the re-done Light so as not to create complete disparity between the weights. Preferably not reskins at all.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

They aren’t removing it due to the bug, that’s clear. Nor do I believe they did it purely due to the outrage.

So if there was no outrage, not multiple threads of people expressing their outrage but maybe merely a few people giving polite feedback they would still have changed it? Not IMHO.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

They aren’t removing it due to the bug, that’s clear. Nor do I believe they did it purely due to the outrage.

So if there was no outrage, not multiple threads of people expressing their outrage but maybe merely a few people giving polite feedback they would still have changed it? Not IMHO.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Mojo.7986

Mojo.7986

I think we may end up waiting a few years for the skin re-design. They have themselves in quite a pickle and they went out of their way to point out there is no time frame on changing it. Likely those that have it will keep it, and ANet will sit on this for a good long time until there is an outcry that it hasn’t been changed, which is likely not to happen.

Congrats to people who got a copy of it, you likely have the most exclusive armor skin in the game.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The other two armors are copies of other in-game armors as well, just the ugliest designed armor out there with a bit of fire on them, why there aren’t getting a re-work as it should be done to be correct?

Because they are so ugly noone cares about them.
I’m pretty sure, that when they see how much sales they generate (next to zero), Anet will learn and stop doing cheap reskins. If the price for that is one set of ugly armors in gem store, so be it.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: TFeldt.4560

TFeldt.4560

I spewed some vitriol earlier in this thread since I was dismayed to find out that they were going to change the light skin, of which I had bought 2. To my surprise I just had my ticket resolved, and it was to my satisfication. So I felt obliged to make another post in this thread underlining that fact. It wouldn’t have been fair to complain when unhappy yet remain silent when not.

Still unhappy with losing the esthethic, but very happy with the way it was handled. Let there be balance, in all things.

BazeDragon.3927

So, I have contacted support on this matter, and had this response:

As a general rule, we are not able to offer a gem refund. However, in this case, we were able to refund your 800 Gems and they have been added to your account. Please check your gem balance for confirmation.

At this time, we’d like you to delete any item or items for which we provided a gem refund.

We cannot guarantee that a similar refund will be possible in the future, so please exercise care when conducting all your gem transactions.

While I am happy to get the refund, they are basically warning me here not to buy items from the gemstore when it released, because if THEY may make a mistake, I may lose that item without getting a refund?

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

As a general rule, we are not able to offer a gem refund. However, in this case, we were able to refund your 800 Gems and they have been added to your account. Please check your gem balance for confirmation.

At this time, we’d like you to delete any item or items for which we provided a gem refund.

We cannot guarantee that a similar refund will be possible in the future, so please exercise care when conducting all your gem transactions.

While I am happy to get the refund, they are basically warning me here not to buy items from the gemstore when it released, because if THEY may make a mistake, I may lose that item without getting a refund?

Nah, I think they are saying that because this is a special case (they made a mistake), you are allowed a refund.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

are they asking to delete your armor to get gems back? ._.
i won t delete my celestial WWW set….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

BazeDragon.3927

They also only gave the gems, no transmutation splitters, no crystals. So they’re pretty much expecting me to:
A) delete my gear with runes I spent more gold to buy.
B) spend the gems they just gave me on either a different set of armour or some transmutation crystals, and then spend gold/tokens on a new set of armour with a different skin to put them on.

Seriously it feels more like they’re trying to punish me for wanting a refund on the skin after the kittenstorm made them remove something I payed for from me.

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Pretty sure transmuting something over top of the skin would suffice. If this requires buying the level 80 stones, I’d contest it with support and try to get some stones to be honest.

The right support person may understand and try to help in that regard. It does seem kind of unfair to require that and not give any way to help..instead of wasting the gems they just refunding to “delete” the items.

Posted by: islarose.7356

islarose.7356

My bets:
Acolyte http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Acolyte_armor_human_female_front.jpg
Conjurer http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Conjurer_armor_norn_female_front.jpg
Acolyte (Exotic) http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Named_armor_light_human_female_front.jpg
Apprentice http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Apprentice_armor_(WvW)_human_female_front.jpg
Exalted http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Exalted_armor_human_female_front.jpg

None of which will live up to the original flamekissed, unfortunately. I really hope they do something from scratch, with a similar amount of coverage (or lack thereof). This is doubtful, as they’ll likely use a reskin due to time constraints and the loss of profits the removal of this piece has resulted in.

Attachments:

Posted by: WickedRabies.7036

WickedRabies.7036

Apparently my last argument over this subject left someone on the wah-mbulance. I’m sorry for being honest in my opinion on the matter. But I stand firm that the heavy armor needs a redesign MORE then the light. But seeing as the light was already removed due to all the complaints, it will look worse – as usual. If they are so inclined to redesign the light armor, ALL of the buyers of the prior ‘exploit’ should also have that design. It isn’t fair that some people bought it and can keep it while the rest of us have to suffer the ill-choice of all the complaints.
In short. Make. It. Fair. Redesign the purchased armor as well as its future look, instead of this first come first serve – oh you were too late because everyone complained. And for heavens sakes, make the heavy armor less skirty and more manly.
And if you don’t like my opinion, you don’t have to read it. But reporting me for being honest to the max, well all of the complainers should be reported too for egging on this unfair removal-redesign that will be one sided.

ALL the light armor that was purchased and intends to be purchased should ALL look the same.

Posted by: Takato.4976

Takato.4976

It still blows my mind that the “mesh” chosen was the T3 light human, while medium/heavy armor have karma skins chosen as a mesh.

And they say mesh, lets be honest, it’s just the same skin with fire. Copy paste would be more appropriate.

Still waiting on a response as to why medium/heavy aren’t getting a re-work ?
This is just lazy.

Reesha.7901

Apparently my last argument over this subject left someone on the wah-mbulance. I’m sorry for being honest in my opinion on the matter. But I stand firm that the heavy armor needs a redesign MORE then the light.

Agreed.

And if you don’t like my opinion, you don’t have to read it. But reporting me for being honest to the max, well all of the complainers should be reported too for egging on this unfair removal-redesign that will be one sided.

I don’t see why anyone would report you for stating your opinion on the matter.

Posted by: The Angle of Deth.2985

The Angle of Deth.2985

ALL the light armor that was purchased and intends to be purchased should ALL look the same.

Ummmm, but….I and many others bought the skin. We’ve equipped the skin over writing our old armor. We’ve bought dyes, weps, etc. Others have created characters specifically to use this gorgeous skin.

If it is indeed re-worked we who purchased the original skin should be allowed to keep it. We had no idea of the kitten storm that would ensue. We put a lot of work and gold into the other elements surrounding the use of this skin.

Why should the buyers be penalized for Anet’s misstep? We supported the game with our $$.

This was my first armor skin purchase from the gem shop. It will be my LAST purchase of armor skin if this skin is taken/reworked.

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

This is just lazy.

I’m seeing this type of comment from a few people. Do you really not understand why ANet is responding to the outcry against the light but not the others?

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Ummmm, but….I and many others bought the skin. We’ve equipped the skin over writing our old armor. We’ve bought dyes, weps, etc. Others have created characters specifically to use this gorgeous skin.

If it is indeed re-worked we who purchased the original skin should be allowed to keep it. We had no idea of the kitten storm that would ensue. We put a lot of work and gold into the other elements surrounding the use of this skin.

Why should the buyers be penalized for Anet’s misstep? We supported the game with our $$.

This was my first armor skin purchase from the gem shop. It will be my LAST purchase of armor skin if this skin is taken/reworked.

No one told you to purchase dyes, weapons makeover kits, etc. No one told you to create a new toon just for this armor. You chose to do that. You still have the dyes, weapons and toons.
The ONLY thing additional support should do is give you back your old armor before adding the skin to it if that is what you want. Other then that, nothing more. All copies of this armor should look the same.
As they have said, they are going to change it to the new version, if you don’t like it you can get a refund of your gems. They could just change it to the new version and offer nothing to those who have already purchased it so if anything you should be thankful for that.

The Angle of Deth.2985

I’ll thank Anet if/when I can keep my armor.

And it’s absurd to blame players for buying additional items to further customize their character’s look based on their initial purchase.

ShiningSquirrel.3751

And it’s absurd to blame players for buying additional items to further customize their character’s look based on their initial purchase.

No one is blaming the players, but many of you seem intent on blaming Anet because you chose to purchase additional items other then the armor skin. The skin is the issue, anything else is irrelevant.

Posted by: Takato.4976

Takato.4976

This is just lazy.

I’m seeing this type of comment from a few people. Do you really not understand why ANet is responding to the outcry against the light but not the others?

I believe we all understand why.

But what I don’t understand is why it’s acceptable to go ahead and keep the medium/heavy armor we were given when they’re simply copy pasted armor with a few fire particle effects. For something 800 gems, you’d at least expect a new armor no? And being OK with this basically tells anet that it’s fine to rehash (put fire particles) old crappy armor no one uses for quick cash.

These sets also don’t set a standard for rarer armor having particle effects since it can be bought.

Chances are they’re going to use the same “mesh” for the new light armor and change it up more so it’s unique compared to the T3 human but still similar to what people bought. End result is still better armor than medium/heavy is getting at this point.

The Angle of Deth.2985

No one is blaming the players, but many of you seem intent on blaming Anet because you chose to purchase additional items other then the armor skin. The skin is the issue, anything else is irrelevant.

But it is relevant…example…you buy a sofa. Once you get it home you decide to further enhance the look of your new sofa by painting your walls. You then go back to the store where you bought the sofa and buy the matching chairs.

The store decides to recall the sofa fabric and replaces it with something that no longer makes your socks go up and down. Not only that but, it doesn’t match your newly painted walls or the chairs you purchased from the same company.

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

My bets:
Acolyte http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Acolyte_armor_human_female_front.jpg
Conjurer http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Conjurer_armor_norn_female_front.jpg
Acolyte (Exotic) http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Named_armor_light_human_female_front.jpg
Apprentice http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Apprentice_armor_(WvW)_human_female_front.jpg
Exalted http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Exalted_armor_human_female_front.jpg

None of which will live up to the original flamekissed, unfortunately. I really hope they do something from scratch, with a similar amount of coverage (or lack thereof). This is doubtful, as they’ll likely use a reskin due to time constraints and the loss of profits the removal of this piece has resulted in.

If it does end up being an old armor set, with flames added, then I hope they use the Winged Set. I like it the best, but that’s mostly because the boots are high heels and I want my elementalist to look dressed up.

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

But it is relevant…example…you buy a sofa. Once you get it home you decide to further enhance the look of your new sofa by painting your walls. You then go back to the store where you bought the sofa and buy the matching chairs.

The store decides to recall the sofa fabric and replaces it with something that no longer makes your socks go up and down. Not only that but, it doesn’t match your newly painted walls or the chairs you purchased from the same company.

To extend on this, yes you can get your money back for the couch instead, but guess what it also does. It hurts your trust in buying from them again. And that’s what this will do. Except the gem store has less selection so if you mess up your sofa sales in this game you’re going to be taking a big loss.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Your example is flawed, but just to amuse you. A couch and chairs would be part of a set. If the couch was changed, it would be perfectly reasonable to expect having the chairs replaced to match, or getting a refund. If you went out and purchased other items not part of the set, like pictures to hang on the wall or having the walls repainted, that would not be part of the set and you should expect no refund for those items.

You may want to read this post.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Flamekissed/3302197

They have made their decision. I would suggest if you truly like the current style, you take some screen shots to remember it as apparently it will be going away for all players.

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

This is just lazy.

Sure we understand. Everyone at this point should understand.
Some people were angry that their precious look was no longer all that special despite the obvious differences and whined rather loudly about it.
(I have my theories about just how many people that really was, since it takes a lot less people to cause an uproar then people might want to believe… But even if anyone had irrefutable numbers, certain people would be quick to deny it…)
Also the possibility of there being glitching problems with said armor, leaving characters running around with /nothing/ on for a period of time.

Regardless of all that though, the end result is clear. Anet has made their choice to pull the armor. That particular ship has sailed.
Now we can just anticipate which armor skin they might use as a replacement.

My bets:

I am personally hoping they use the Feathered armor with a variation of the headpiece, since it has a similar elegance to the original Flamekissed skin (My opinion. Take it or leave it…)
Feathered http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/b/b4/Feathered_armor_human_female_front.jpg

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Posted by: SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

How ‘bout Anet pays their employees to throw some polygons together and design new armor sets for a change. Reskins are a shady business practice. I’d rather wear transmuted starter armor than spend my money on this.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

It was probably something offensive, opinions aren’t necessarily without offense. content. Given that the say the heavy isn’t masculine (and they are kind of aggressive in presenting that) I imagine they said something that bordered on homophobic or was just somehow offensive in regards to gender.

More often than not removed posts are removed because of offensive content even if the poster doesn’t see it.

I’d say it’s more a reference to this being a special situation and they don’t normally do refunds (which in itself is questionable given in Australia customer can technically return anything if it doesn’t match up to standard) . It’s likely just a safeguard against people just wanting to get refunds for whatever the purchase if they change their minds.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

(edited by Protoavis.9107)

Reesha.7901

It was probably something offensive, opinions aren’t necessarily without offense. content. Given that the say the heavy isn’t masculine (and they are kind of aggressive in presenting that) I imagine they said something that bordered on homophobic or was just somehow offensive in regards to gender.

More often than not removed posts are removed because of offensive content even if the poster doesn’t see it.

I was refering to the post I quoted. Not any previous posts that may or may not have been reported.

Posted by: CaptainTress.9036

CaptainTress.9036

“We’re here to do a factory recall on your couch.”

“Why? What’s wrong with it?”

“…Your neighbours don’t like it.”

“You’re taking the couch I brought because my neighbours don’t like it?”

“Yes, you can have store credit, or some other couch. We can’t tell you what the other couch will look like.”

“I don’t want another couch. I don’t want store credit either, because I can’t see there is any promise you won’t take any other couches I buy. I brought a bunch of accessories to match this new couch. I’m going to be out of pocket.”

“Yeah, sorry, but your neighbour doesn’t like your couch. We can’t be unfair to them.”

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

After seeing all the raging about this, I honestly hope they take the skin back from players who purchased it, and give them 800 gems only, nothing more.

Nice… In other words, you don’t like those that are unhappy with the change so you hope they get hosed. Real nice..

The Burninator

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

After seeing all the raging about this, I honestly hope they take the skin back from players who purchased it, and give them 800 gems only, nothing more.

Nice… In other words, you don’t like those that are unhappy with the change so you hope they get hosed. Real nice..

Notice how “after all the rage over this”, they want to take away from the honest buyers, yet it was the T3 high-horses that cried until it was changed in the first place. -rolls eyes-

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

“We’re here to do a factory recall on your couch.”

“Why? What’s wrong with it?”

“…Your neighbours don’t like it.”

“You’re taking the couch I brought because my neighbours don’t like it?”

“Yes, you can have store credit, or some other couch. We can’t tell you what the other couch will look like.”

“I don’t want another couch. I don’t want store credit either, because I can’t see there is any promise you won’t take any other couches I buy. I brought a bunch of accessories to match this new couch. I’m going to be out of pocket.”

“Yeah, sorry, but your neighbour doesn’t like your couch. We can’t be unfair to them.”

While I agree that it was completely wrong for them in the first place to use the HLT3 armor as a mesh for a gem store skin available to all races and regardless if they own the HLT3 or not, this sadly describes the situation quite well.
Except you missed the people who had transmuted their old couch to fit the new one on top of it… Who, as far as ANet has said and not said, so far will be without a couch at all if they don’t want the new couch.

I am an owner of the skin, yes, but I was totally for the reskin and refund at first (given that it would be a complete reroll of everything that can be proven related). But now seeing quotes from ANet that may or may not be true and seeing ANet’s comments on it I think it’s being handled badly.

Being handled the way it is now, if it is true, where people only get gems back and have to delete the skin by themselves, that causes alot of problems and loss of value for them. They can’t delete the skin without deleting their items or buy additional items to transmute on the existing ones.

Some people may or may not be exaggerating, but it is quite possible to assume that people have created entirely new styles and characters just for this armor. It is quite unique and well-made even though it’s a reskin. And it is also the HLT3 mesh.
They will lose alot of value through ANet’s decisions.

Yes, the “legal” way is to say that anything purchased that’s not part of the armor set aren’t covered by the refund.
That is “legally” a correct way to do it.
It is also “legally” correct to let the armor stay in the game.

But ANet should be concerned about morals rather than “legal” stuff.
They are making decisions without thinking things through.
This will damage their reputation alot if not handled properly and currently it isn’t.

Morally the thing to do is to give players a full refund and reroll on everything regarding the armor skin. That way they at least get all their “material” value back.
If ANet on top of that would give the new skin out to those players as a compensation, people would look up to them and they would gain reputition and it would be a nice bonus for both the customers and ANet.
Even without the compensation, it would be hard to complain because they got all their “material” value back.

Time spent is not a “material” value and can’t be reimbrused. That is why a compensation would be a good thing. Then people would get something for their time spent as well.
The only way to truly “refund” the time would be to let the armor stay. However this is probably not a solution that many people will like. It is however still a “legally” fair decision.

In short:
Complete reroll and refund of everything proven related to the armor (possibly with a bonus compensation to lighten up the mood).
or
Let people keep the armor.

Otherwise none of the customers will be satisfied at all and ANet will lose alot of reputation on it.
This is important especially because it is the gem store that is giving ANet their salary and if they lose reputition this way, the gem store will suffer from it.

Also… RIP my beloved skin…

Attachments:

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Notice how “after all the rage over this”, they want to take away from the honest buyers, yet it was the T3 high-horses that cried until it was changed in the first place. -rolls eyes-

Except I do not have any T3 armor, never had, and never will so there was no rage about it from me. I personally think it looks like crap and would never wear it. I chose my armor in the head start weekend and have been wearing the same skin since then. I had no comment on the flamekissed being a duplicate of the T3 as I do not care one way or the other, they could unlock all of them for everyone and I still would not care. I had sympathy for the players who purchased the skin at first, that was until they started posting on the forums here and started showing their true colors.
Like I said in a previous post if Trogdor had decided to quote it, if you act unreasonable, you should be treated unreasonably.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Seems like they are refunding the 800 gems now and still letting the people keep the skin… My friend got his 800 gems back and didnt ask him to delete his current flamekissed skin.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

BazeDragon.3927

Seems like they are refunding the 800 gems now and still letting the people keep the skin… My friend got his 800 gems back and didnt ask him to delete his current flamekissed skin.

So the support team is being highly inconsistent. This is nice to know.

Leo Paul.1659

I would file one but I’ve decided I’ll wait until they release the new flamekissed skin and then file a ticket to see if they would refund my 800 gems for a skin that is technically what I didn’t buy come the change.

To see how consistent they really are.

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

BazeDragon.3927

I would file one but I’ve decided I’ll wait until they release the new flamekissed skin and then file a ticket to see if they would refund my 800 gems for a skin that is technically what I didn’t buy come the change.

If you used gold, you’ll have to remember the date and approximate time you bought the skin/gems (they said they had no record of my purchase). If it was gifted to you, I don’t know what the system would be for that. I guess the person who gifted it would have to get the refund.

Leo Paul.1659

If you used gold, you’ll have to remember the date and approximate time you bought the skin/gems (they said they had no record of my purchase). If it was gifted to you, I don’t know what the system would be for that. I guess the person who gifted it would have to get the refund.

That’s easy I bought it the day they released the item.. XD

Posted by: Seian.6403

Seian.6403

I was shocked when I saw this…..

Posted by: Nihilmus.2301

Nihilmus.2301

Funny how the cultural T3 high-horses are getting away with everything. They are the ones that caused us, the skin owners, to be unhappy and rage in the first place. They are the hypocrites that started cursing Anet from the shadows of this forum while we were enjoying the skin with no worries of what was to come. We are being judged as greedy yet the T3 owners were demanding their 120* gold back in the first day of it’s release and claimed Anet to never purchase the gems they actually never purchased (again) or will never purchase. The T3 high-horses should be the ones blamed for all of this yet all that’s left is the smile on their face having done themselves this immense pleasure of saving the Gem Store from the evil plot of Anet to make their hard worked armors worthless by selling reskins and getting rich. Yet in all their hypocrisy now they shout and think of ways to improve their culturals with the model of the skin they wanted removed, the skin they never bought. They want back the skin for themselves after it was removed by themselves, isn’t it delicious? And even more hypocrisy comes from all their posts of kindness towards Anet and their need to make money with these new upgrades and of how much RWM they would pay on gems to see these upgrades for their culturals. Good Job Community. Punish the people that SUPPORTED the company and let hypocrisy FLOURISH.

(*120 gold which in games like LoL would be the equivalent of Ip vs Riot Points, it wouldn’t have any real value in gems had it not been for the conversion system set up by Anet. There are ways to “convert” Riot points which are esentially RWM into ip but there is no vice versa and people don’t even try to do so because it just doesn’t count. RP >IP and Gems should be > Gold.)

Posted by: Amon.5042

Amon.5042

They did well in removing that armor until a different one can be designed. It was creating a bad precedent in monetization of what was supposed to be difficult to acquire in-game. That is a form of “pay to win” and it shouldn’t have happened in the first place.

Any reuse of skin armors or weapons in the store that are already in-game (especially ones supposedly difficult to acquire) sends out a message that players would just need to get better skin versions from the store instead of actually having to play the game for lesser exclusive versions.

More importantly, ArenaNet would be further compromising themselves as a company that wants to make the best game possible (and making good money in the process while having to compromise with NCsoft); instead, they would be a company looking for a quick buck with no regards to their own creation.

I’m sorry that this will affect those who have already purchased that aberration, but there are limits that shouldn’t be crossed.

What troubles me at the moment is that there’s no point in ArenaNet to create new interesting armor and weapon skins that players can acquire in-game when there’s better profit to be had from the gem store.

Instead of selling a whole set of skins so frequently (especially reused ones), it might be better for the store to have “orbs” that would add an effect to armors and weapons: fire, lightning, earth, or water effect. Players would first need to work to get the armor in-game before adding that new shining effect. Maybe the armor already has fire embedded to it, but players could change it to another one of their preference. Maybe instead of a standard glowing red fire, a ‘dye’ orb could provide a different choice in color. This could be a good compromise between proper game-playing and monetization.

(edited by Amon.5042)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Funny how the cultural T3 high-horses are getting away with everything. They are the ones that caused us, the skin owners, to be unhappy and rage in the first place.

No. If anyone was responsible for people to rage (i always maintain that the whole responsibility on people raging and flaming lies with them alone) it would be Anet for making a bad business decision introducing T3 reskin to the gemshop. At this point a dissatisfaction of at least a part of community was a given.

And if there’s any hypocrisy there, it’s in blaming other players with “getting away with everything” when you obviously would have no problem if you were in their place.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Well anet committed a mistake…

T3 owners totally got what they asked.
Flamekissed got the short stick being the only part damaged in the situation.

For what?
a lore problem?

Or the fact T3 costs more? (it costed 4 to 10 times more to people who got it in the few moths of play).

In the end

Flamekissed got the most damage (partial refund not covering trasmutation stones, previous skin etc etc etc).

Anet has just to introduce another armor….

T3 owners, the less entitled to be listened from every possible ethical point of view, totally got what they asked.

This is not a FAIR compromise nor an ethical solution.
Its also the worst case of double standards you will see in any mmorpg.

The exclusive WWW armor still in the TP.
Mjolnir etc still exists……and are not exclusive to elementalists.
Fotm player still got no compensations for what they lost.

Like it or not but its just a sign of community decadence…..and anet unfairness.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)