[Merged] Cultural Human T3 Not Exclusive

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BazeDragon.3927

BazeDragon.3927

Well anet committed a mistake…

T3 owners totally got what they asked.
Flamekissed got the short stick being the only part damaged in the situation.

For what?
a lore problem?

Or the fact T3 costs more? (it costed 4 to 10 times more to people who got it in the few moths of play).

In the end

Flamekissed got the most damage (partial refund not covering trasmutation stones, previous skin etc etc etc).

Anet has just to introduce another armor….

T3 owners, the less entitled to be listened from every possible ethical point of view, totally got what they asked.

This is not a FAIR compromise nor an ethical solution.
Its also the worst case of double standards you will see in any mmorpg.

The exclusive WWW armor still in the TP.
Mjolnir etc still exists……and are not exclusive to elementalists.
Fotm player still got no compensations for what they lost.

Like it or not but its just a sign of community decadence…..and anet unfairness.

I’d note – T3 costs 119g. The skin at the gold→gem conversion (don’t use the gem→gold, because those who buy it using gold didn’t get that price) was 70-80g. That’s 25-30% less than the human T3, and only 2 hours worth of gameplay to earn if you know what you’re doing. This idea the T3 costs 3-10 times more, is a lie, pure and simple.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I’d note – T3 costs 119g. The skin at the gold->gem conversion (don’t use the gem->gold, because those who buy it using gold didn’t get that price) was 70-80g. That’s 25-30% less than the human T3, and only 2 hours worth of gameplay to earn if you know what you’re doing. This idea the T3 costs 3-10 times more, is a lie, pure and simple.

I meant that ANY t3 owner that bought it after queen jubilee paid it 3-10 times less than people who bought before.

If you take time as currency….

Now would it be fair having them deleted for the same reason? giving them back ONLY gold they spent so they are short of trasmutation stones and previous skin …

I think would be AS fair as what they asked for.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

For what?
a lore problem?

Or the fact T3 costs more? (it costed 4 to 10 times more to people who got it in the few moths of play).

In the end

Flamekissed got the most damage (partial refund not covering trasmutation stones, previous skin etc etc etc).

T3 owners, the less entitled to be listened from every possible ethical point of view, totally got what they asked.

Like it or not but its just a sign of community decadence…..and anet unfairness.

Look, I’m right there with you about the FoTM losses. I think ANet should fix it.

What you can’t seem to see is that ANet was the one who made the mistake, and got called on it.

Yes, there are a LOT of people who aren’t happy. This was going to be a given no matter which road they went down. So, they came up with a solution that would cost the least amount of backlash and they rolled with it.

All they are going to refund is the cost of the skin? ok…so you get your 800 gems back. How about waiting to see what the new skin is like first? Maybe you’ll like it better. At least wait until it comes out before you have a cow over it.

Transmutation Stones/Crystals? It was a SKIN…no T-stones needed. Double click the little beasties and they auto transmute.

The other skins you had? Ok, I will agree on this one, when they revert, they should revert to whatever skins you were using at the time.

Anything else you may have bought (new characters, extra slots, dyes, nasal inhalers) are all on you. There’s no way ANet should have to refund all of that kind of stuff. You chose to purchase those things, ANet didn’t require you to do so in order to get said skin. Besides, if you were going to go as far as making a new character just for the skins, why not make them Human and go for the REAL T3 skins? (not saying you did this, but from what I undestand, some did.)

What a lot of the “against HCT3 skin removal” crowd is forgetting is that it was never only about the cost. It was about the time/energy/money they invested only to get punched in the face by having the exact same skin listed in the TP for what amounts to much less.

The saddest part about the whole thing was that when other people mentioned listing all the T3 armors in the TP, there were as many people that said “NO!!!”…and a good portion of those were the ones who were saying “Why not let us have Flamekissed?” So, in essence, it was ok to have Human T3, but better not touch those Charr/Asura/Norn/Sylvari skins…

Now who’s the hypocrites?

Level 80 Elementalist

(edited by Ashabhi.1365)

BazeDragon.3927

For what?
a lore problem?

In the end

Look, I’m right there with you about the FoTM losses. I think ANet should fix it.

What you can’t seem to see is that ANet was the one who made the mistake, and got called on it.

Yes, there are a LOT of people who aren’t happy. This was going to be a given no matter which road they went down. So, they came up with a solution that would cost the least amount of backlash and they rolled with it.

*All they are going to refund is the cost of the skin? ok…so you get your 800 gems back. How about waiting to see what the new skin is like first? Maybe you’ll like it better. At least wait until it comes out before you have a cow over it.

Transmutation Stones/Crystals? It was a SKIN…no T-stones needed. Double click the little beasties and they auto transmute. *

The other skins you had? Ok, I will agree on this one, when they revert, they should revert to whatever skins you were using at the time.

Anything else you may have bought (new characters, extra slots, dyes, nasal inhalers) are all on you. There’s no way ANet should have to refund all of that kind of stuff. You chose to purchase those things, ANet didn’t require you to do so in order to get said skin. Besides, if you were going to go as far as making a new character just for the skins, why not make them Human and go for the REAL T3 skins? (not saying you did this, but from what I undestand, some did.)

What a lot of the “against HCT3 skin removal” crowd is forgetting is that it was never only about the cost. It was about the time/energy/money they invested only to get punched in the face by having the exact same skin listed in the TP for what amounts to much less.

The saddest part about the whole thing was that when other people mentioned listing all the T3 armors in the TP, there were as many people that said “NO!!!”…and a good portion of those were the ones who were saying “Why not let us have Flamekissed?” So, in essence, it was ok to have Human T3, but better not touch those Charr/Asura/Norn/Sylvari skins…

Now who’s the hypocrites?

ANet expects us to DELETE the skin after giving us the refund. If we have already put it on our gear, that means either destroying/salvaging the gear, or transmuting something over it.
Transmutation stones/crystals cost gems. That reduces the amount we receive as a refund. We also then have to buy/craft the stuff to transmute over it. If I went with the look I was thinking of before falling in love with this skin, it would cost me 6 Transmutation crystals and another ~80g, making the refund entirely redundant.

When it comes down to the other culturals… I am personally against racially-locked gear. I would love to have Asura T3 heavy on my human warrior. Maybe ANet should have a reputation system where you have to help the other nation an amount before being able to buy their gear (GW:EN, anyone?), but if you are of that race, you get to skip the reputation grind.

LordByron.8369

I’ll try to explain another time:

You have a character with for example (my case) celestial armor trasmuted into a skin you like….

Suddenly a new skin appears on the TP you like it better (due to the flames having a unique purplish effect on White colour) you get it.

Now people complain they paid it more (worthless excuse) and anet tells you it will be deleted.

Devs states you won’t have your PREVIOUS SKIN back..

Not only:

If you ask gem refund support asks you to delete the TP item… (should i delete a celestial armor with expensive runes on it?).

More clear now?
Try to say this is more fair than even leaving the armor on the tp.

I would answer to your question but you would not like it….

Loss for T3 owners if armor remains in the TP:
-20-40 Gold
-6 trasmutation stones

+ they still have achievement

Loss for flamekissed armor:
- EXPENSIVE sets requiring 30 days and LOT OF gold
- potentially up to 60 gold in runes
- 6 trasmutation stones
- previous skin
- Also the fact you got it legit and noone should ethically remove it (this Worth way more than the “lore” cultural complaint).

How is it fair?

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Ashabhi.1365

I’ll try to explain another time:

You have a character with for example (my case) celestial armor trasmuted into a skin you like….

Suddenly a new skin appears on the TP you like it better (due to the flames having a unique purplish effect on White colour) you get it.

Now people complain they paid it more (worthless excuse) and anet tells you it will be deleted.

Devs states you won’t have your PREVIOUS SKIN back..

Not only:

If you ask gem refund support asks you to delete the TP item… (should i delete a celestial armor with expensive runes on it?).

More clear now?
Try to say this is more fair than even leaving the armor on the tp.

I would answer to your question but you would not like it….

Loss for T3 owners if armor remains in the TP:
-20-40 Gold
-6 trasmutation stones

+ they still have achievement

Loss for flamekissed armor:
- EXPENSIVE sets requiring 30 days and LOT OF gold
- potentially up to 60 gold in runes
- 6 trasmutation stones
- previous skin
- Also the fact you got it legit and noone should ethically remove it (this Worth way more than the “lore” cultural complaint).

How is it fair?

I see it as this: You have 2 options.

1. Reskin your Flamekissed. There is no reason for you to lose “valuable runes” or destroy your existing armor because of the skin. (Yes, maybe in that regard, ANet should hand you 6 crystals along with your 800 gems. Convert the gems to gold, buy your skins. I think THAT’s fair. The 800 gems convert to a good chunk of gold for you to buy yourself some other skins.)

2. If you decide you like their NEW skins (gasp!) then it’s a moot point. Skin your set and be done with it.

How is that not fair?

Level 80 Elementalist

LordByron.8369

Because i don t have option 1…..

And i m stuck with a temporary skin until they decide what the new will be.

If they will release it after ascended armors will be even more painful

GW2 balance:

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Where is the Flamewalker Light Armor? i can’t find it in the gemstore and it was there before.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Gone because people whined. Lol

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

It was removed due to being a lazy copy and paste of t3 human cultural, cultural armor being something that should never be on anything but it’s respective race.

Basically people complained (rightfully) and Anet listened.

Posted by: AngelMouse.7345

AngelMouse.7345

“Sometimes, in madness resides genius.”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Just wondering how you could have been posting on the forums these past few days and not seen any of the many threads or announcements about this?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I have to chuckle. People had a hissy fit because the light is the same as the t3 cultural design wise, just reskinned. Yet no one had an issue with the fact that medium and heavy are exactly that as well (at least for females).

I’ve seen the medium armor…but I can’t think of what the heck it’s called. I’ll have to check when I can log in later. However, the heavy (flamewrath) is simply a dead on pit fighter reskin. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pit_Fighter_armor#Human_female Nobody seems to be up in arms over those two. Just too funny…

Personally I didn’t mind the reskins, heck I think I liked the flame kissed better than the t3.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

@ Lanfear: The reason people whined wasn’t simply because it was a reskin (although shouts about laziness definitely were there) but rather that the light armor was a cultural T3 reskin, allowing all races to attain human cultural armor for 1/2 price, making it less exclusive.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

@ Lanfear: The reason people whined wasn’t simply because it was a reskin (although shouts about laziness definitely were there) but rather that the light armor was a cultural T3 reskin, allowing all races to attain human cultural armor for 1/2 price, making it less exclusive.

Easy fix, let them reskin some of the other race culturals so all races can use them. shrug I’d love to have zojja’s armor (asura cultural) on my human engineer. Would be awesome. Or the Norn’s t3 heavy on my human war (does anyone else think of Jora when they see that one? She’s what comes to mind for me).

I’d have much preffered that route, then having them remove it with no eta for the replacement.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Why do you not have option 1? It’s a perfectly reasonable way to keep your armor and runes that you have said you do not want to lose.
If it’s because support will ask you to delete the old skin, have you bothered to ask if overwriting it with a new skin would be accepted as destroying it?

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

In short:
Complete reroll and refund of everything proven related to the armor (possibly with a bonus compensation to lighten up the mood).
or
Let people keep the armor.

Otherwise none of the customers will be satisfied at all and ANet will lose alot of reputation on it.
This is important especially because it is the gem store that is giving ANet their salary and if they lose reputition this way, the gem store will suffer from it.

Also… RIP my beloved skin…

THIS.

Do not take away what I paid for.

Allow those people who purchased the skin to keep it, and then re-release a new skin on the gem store.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

ShiningSquirrel.3751

In short:
Complete reroll and refund of everything proven related to the armor (possibly with a bonus compensation to lighten up the mood).
or
Let people keep the armor.

Otherwise none of the customers will be satisfied at all and ANet will lose alot of reputation on it.
This is important especially because it is the gem store that is giving ANet their salary and if they lose reputition this way, the gem store will suffer from it.

Also… RIP my beloved skin…

THIS.

Do not take away what I paid for.

Allow those people who purchased the skin to keep it, and then re-release a new skin on the gem store.

They have already said it is not going to happen. They will not have 2 versions, all will be changed.

Posted by: Cathgar.7581

Cathgar.7581

And still no update from the DEVS as to where they are at on this issue and how far away a resolution is.

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

I am glad they took it off the market. Now I am waiting for them to reskin it and all the sold sets as well. I hope nobody seriously thinks, a few select people will get to keep an armor set nobody else has a chance of attaining anymore, right?

People who bought the set get their gems back.
As soon as the reskin is ready all existing sets will be reskinned and the new set will be available in the gemstore, together with medium and heavy.

DONE.

Ashabhi.1365

Why do you not have option 1? It’s a perfectly reasonable way to keep your armor and runes that you have said you do not want to lose.
If it’s because support will ask you to delete the old skin, have you bothered to ask if overwriting it with a new skin would be accepted as destroying it?

This is actually a good question. Has anyone asked if simply reskinning the skin they bought would suffice?

Also, if anyone from ANet is still reading this thread, is there a possibility that you would give a set of 6 transmute crystals along with the 800 gem refund for those who want it? At least it would be a way for those who do not want the new skins to keep their armor and have a bit of gold to reskin it the way they choose.

EDIT: I kind of cross-posted this as a suggestion in the correct forum

Level 80 Elementalist

(edited by Ashabhi.1365)

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

I really liked the reskin… I was planning on buying it :-/ I really hope the new light flame kissed is just as cool looking.

Slow down and smell the pixels.

(edited by callidus.7085)

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

I’m sorry that this will affect those who have already purchased that aberration, but there are limits that shouldn’t be crossed.

No line was ever crossed, it was an ego thing from the beginning, and people feeling “unfairly” treated by having to pay more for a seemingly “identical” item, which it wasn’t (flames effects ruin the armor for many character concepts, doesn’t enhance it-we could argue that the original T3 IS better, and thus warranted the price while still being only available to humans.)

The line that should have not been crossed is that of selling something else to a customer who agreed to purchase one thing and one thing only: the bait and switch, that’s the line that shouldn’t have been crossed.

Your “I am sorry that… but…” means nothing if you cannot see anything wrong in the latter action, while finding fault with the first-you are not sorry at all. Some players weren’t even aware it was a reskin of T3, so they didn’t intend to get T3 for less and “better”, as many believe. A perceived problem is no worse than a true one.

I AM sorry for them, because even if it doesn’t affect me at all I find it to be a rash solution over public uproar-unless they receive their old and preferred skins back (unless they prefer the new one, of course) with no investment on their part, a gem refund only solution won’t cut it (remember, even free transmutation splitters won’t work in many cases.)

Further, THESE affected gem buyers will probably never buy anything back if they are offered a gem refund without restoring their favorite skins back-who knows, some may stop playing altogether just to please some players who felt slighted, but would probably have kept playing anyway. Why? Because some of those gem buyers may have spent real-life money to buy these gems just for the previewed, legally bought skin, and many wouldn’t have transmuted their skins (some even their old cultural T3) if the look was not to their liking.

It is a mess, but they would have avoided it by just ignoring the rage, and now can only be fixed by restoring each account on a case by case scenario, which will be a nightmare for them, most probably (and the reason they would probably prefer to just refund gems, rather than restoring skins, as they must to be really fair.)

I mean no personal offense, and see how the initial action “crosses the line” for you (even if I honestly feel it was nothing to be mad about), but it is the solution that I find so be so incomplete and rash.

As for me, I wouldn’t have OKed their decision to use a cultural skin myself in the beginning for that reskin. Reskins are OK, though, not “lazy”-if people love flames, let them burn all they want. It was indeed a quick cash grab, but it was not “evil” or “greedy” but just giving particle effects-loving fans more, and any and all armors, reskins or originals, are a bonus, not something we must take for granted. But I really didn’t see as wise to use culturals as part of ANY reskin in the game (if the culturals would have been freely available to any other race from the beginning, much like the cultural weapons are, then it would have been OK.)

However, from my personal opinion above to the uproar there was-which was rather ludicrous and “my ego was hurt”-based-there’s a big gap. Basically envying other people for getting the “same” armor for less, even though it’s a whole different look and aesthetic.

Imagine all the good income that was to be made of this, so anyone who says that ANet is “greedy” and “doesn’t listen” to players is just ranting. They often listen more than I wished (Ascended, “nerf this or that!”, and now this), and seem to make decisions that will rob them from some additional income for the sakes of “pleasing everybody”, which is a rather impossible situation.

Great game, wish they just would have bigger meetings with more opinions from different type of people when making decisions.

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

I’m sorry that this will affect those who have already purchased that aberration, but there are limits that shouldn’t be crossed.

No line was ever crossed, it was an ego thing from the beginning, and people feeling “unfairly” treated by having to pay more for a seemingly “identical” item, which it wasn’t (flames effects ruin the armor for many character concepts, doesn’t enhance it-we could argue that the original T3 IS better, and thus warranted the price while still being only available to humans.)

The line that should have not been crossed is that of selling something else to a customer who agreed to purchase one thing and one thing only: the bait and switch, that’s the line that shouldn’t have been crossed.

Your “I am sorry that… but…” means nothing if you cannot see anything wrong in the latter action, while finding fault with the first-you are not sorry at all. Some players weren’t even aware it was a reskin of T3, so they didn’t intend to get T3 for less and “better”, as many believe. A perceived problem is no worse than a true one.

I AM sorry for them, because even if it doesn’t affect me at all I find it to be a rash solution over public uproar-unless they receive their old and preferred skins back (unless they prefer the new one, of course) with no investment on their part, a gem refund only solution won’t cut it (remember, even free transmutation splitters won’t work in many cases.)

Further, THESE affected gem buyers will probably never buy anything back if they are offered a gem refund without restoring their favorite skins back-who knows, some may stop playing altogether just to please some players who felt slighted, but would probably have kept playing anyway. Why? Because some of those gem buyers may have spent real-life money to buy these gems just for the previewed, legally bought skin, and many wouldn’t have transmuted their skins (some even their old cultural T3) if the look was not to their liking.

It is a mess, but they would have avoided it by just ignoring the rage, and now can only be fixed by restoring each account on a case by case scenario, which will be a nightmare for them, most probably (and the reason they would probably prefer to just refund gems, rather than restoring skins, as they must to be really fair.)

I mean no personal offense, and see how the initial action “crosses the line” for you (even if I honestly feel it was nothing to be mad about), but it is the solution that I find so be so incomplete and rash.

As for me, I wouldn’t have OKed their decision to use a cultural skin myself in the beginning for that reskin. Reskins are OK, though, not “lazy”-if people love flames, let them burn all they want. It was indeed a quick cash grab, but it was not “evil” or “greedy” but just giving particle effects-loving fans more, and any and all armors, reskins or originals, are a bonus, not something we must take for granted. But I really didn’t see as wise to use culturals as part of ANY reskin in the game (if the culturals would have been freely available to any other race from the beginning, much like the cultural weapons are, then it would have been OK.)

However, from my personal opinion above to the uproar there was-which was rather ludicrous and “my ego was hurt”-based-there’s a big gap. Basically envying other people for getting the “same” armor for less, even though it’s a whole different look and aesthetic.

Imagine all the good income that was to be made of this, so anyone who says that ANet is “greedy” and “doesn’t listen” to players is just ranting. They often listen more than I wished (Ascended, “nerf this or that!”, and now this), and seem to make decisions that will rob them from some additional income for the sakes of “pleasing everybody”, which is a rather impossible situation.

Great game, wish they just would have bigger meetings with more opinions from different type of people when making decisions.

This basically sums up my whole opinion on this entire debatical as well…

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Restoring accounts has been suggested before, but it is not a viable option.
Accounts are restored only for unauthorized access, and then only once per account for the lifetime of that account. An account restore wipes out everything on the account after the restore points date. This means all achievements, dailies, loot found, gold earned, levels, everything is rolled back.

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

This basically sums up my whole opinion on this entire debatical as well…

Agreed.

Sums it up perfectly.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

Has there been any update on the arrival of the replacement skin?

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

I have to chuckle. People had a hissy fit because the light is the same as the t3 cultural design wise, just reskinned. Yet no one had an issue with the fact that medium and heavy are exactly that as well (at least for females).

I’ve seen the medium armor…but I can’t think of what the heck it’s called. I’ll have to check when I can log in later. However, the heavy (flamewrath) is simply a dead on pit fighter reskin. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pit_Fighter_armor#Human_female Nobody seems to be up in arms over those two. Just too funny…

Personally I didn’t mind the reskins, heck I think I liked the flame kissed better than the t3.

The light was only available to humans previously, the others are available to all races…that’s the main jist of the issue.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

I doubt it given some people have already gone after their refund and received T3 to replace their flamekissed with.

Support may be being inconsistent, possibly in how they are approached, but there’s a lot of people getting their old skins back on one side and then there’s a bunch of others who just seem to want to post the same misinformation over and over without actually going after their refund…these are also the same people that seem determined to keep their flamekissed so I’m not sure of how much stock to place in what they say since it doesn’t seem like they’ve actually tried to get the refund that suits them, just want to complain on the forums.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

BazeDragon.3927

I doubt it given some people have already gone after their refund and received T3 to replace their flamekissed with.

Support may be being inconsistent, possibly in how they are approached, but there’s a lot of people getting their old skins back on one side and then there’s a bunch of others who just seem to want to post the same misinformation over and over without actually going after their refund…these are also the same people that seem determined to keep their flamekissed so I’m not sure of how much stock to place in what they say since it doesn’t seem like they’ve actually tried to get the refund that suits them, just want to complain on the forums.

All I got in response was my 800 gems. No skins, no transmutation crystals or splitters. And a message saying “please delete the armour”, which I am choosing to ignore because it is my main set and I received nothing to replace it with.

Cathgar.7581

All I got in response was my 800 gems. No skins, no transmutation crystals or splitters. And a message saying “please delete the armour”, which I am choosing to ignore because it is my main set and I received nothing to replace it with.

If that is the case, then that’s pretty bad because you are up for new armor or skins etc. etc. through no fault of your own.

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

This is not reasonable if the person will have to pay for the skin and transmutation method.
But it would most likely be an accepted way of “deleting” the skin.
However the customer should receive the old skin as a replacement, with transmutation stones if needed, from support for free.
Or simply have support rollback the item themselves.

No material value should be lost by the customer because ANet made a mistake.
Furthermore I believe, and hope, that the “no eta” is because they made a rushed response to try to calm the community and they are reading this thread and many of the others in the meantime to try to figure out what to really do about the issue, because they should know that they should handle this with a whole bunch of care to not upset any of the parts (too much).
All decisions are subject to change, no decisions are ever final until they’re executed.

Because the current state of the matter really isn’t fair and will and are cause alot of negativity. And ANet should, and probably does, not want that.

So I hope and believe that they are discussing this among themselves, trying to come up with solutions.
So I will not rush my contacting of support until the skin is redone and it’s completely clear what’s going to happen.
In the meantime I guess I will continue preaching about that the result should be fair and that they should rolback and refund everything that can be proven related to the skin or keep the skin as it is.
Otherwise the customers will have lost value because of their mistake and that is not fair and as stated earlier, they will lose alot of reputation.
It doesn’t cost ANet anything to make things right except for administrative fees and the loss of gem income. But it will likely cost them alot of money if they make it unfair for their customers.

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Did you explain that the skin was used on your existing armor and that you wanted your old armor back, or did you just ask for a refund? How you submit your request can make all the difference in the world.

BazeDragon.3927

Did you explain that the skin was used on your existing armor and that you wanted your old armor back, or did you just ask for a refund? How you submit your request can make all the difference in the world.

I did explain this. The response from support was a simple “We’re glad we could help you on this matter”, without doing anything more.
It is seeming that their consistency when it comes to support on this is terrible. They should probably consider sorting it before putting the replacement skin out or putting any more armour skins that could potentially upset people on the gemstore.

Cathgar.7581

This is why I am waiting for the New skin before looking at any refund if necessary.

Ashabhi.1365

So, ANet asked you to destroy the skins, and you’re refusing?

I guarantee you that after they release the new skins, and a short amount of time has passed, anyone caught wearing the Flamekissed skins will probably be /reported and then raged about on the forum. If enough people rage about it, then ANet will be forced into doing something about it.

If Anet tells you to do something, they expect you to do it. I wish you the best, but don’t be surprised if your choice gets you some serious backlash from other people, and maybe even some form of “punishment” from ANet.

Level 80 Elementalist

BazeDragon.3927

So, ANet asked you to destroy the skins, and you’re refusing?

I guarantee you that after they release the new skins, and a short amount of time has passed, anyone caught wearing the Flamekissed skins will probably be /reported and then raged about on the forum. If enough people rage about it, then ANet will be forced into doing something about it.

If Anet tells you to do something, they expect you to do it. I wish you the best, but don’t be surprised if your choice gets you some serious backlash from other people, and maybe even some form of “punishment” from ANet.

Oh, I’d change the skin, if doing so wouldn’t cost me the “refund” plus several days of farming (I’m not going to transmute some kitten skin and make my character look like she’s just been kitten out of a dragon’s kitten), not including the price of transmutation stones.

Cathgar.7581

If you do not destroy the skin then when new skin goes live it will auto reskin.

Ashabhi.1365

If you do not destroy the skin then when new skin goes live it will auto reskin.

citation needed?

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

citation needed?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Flamekissed-Armor-Skin/first#post3275229

Once this new artwork is completed, we will then update the Flamekissed Armor Skin so that all existing sets that players have purchased get the new art.

The Burninator

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Just wanted to have post 2000 in this rather memorable thread.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

A group who paid money on an item (Virtual or otherwise) should always out weigh a group that feels their prestige was ruined, no matter what the sizes of the groups are..

Honestly the Armor should stay in game and the prestige complainers should take a good long look at themselves, its a game you play for fun.

Money is real no matter what it buys, these people paid for a service that was systematically taken from them.

I personally feel they should take it to court, these companies cannot keep getting away with these illegal practices..immoral too.

The fact people continue to play after this really is a worry to me.

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

I think they made the T3 armor reskin on purpose.

I mean it’s very stupid of them to have made a reskin of this armor cuz I have no doubt they knew people would get angry, right?
And they took it back so easily which is not something they do so fast, right?
And then they (Regina) made a very obvious lie as to how they tried to make it look different while they just slapped some non-dyeable flames on it, right?

What if they did this all to make you guys forget something which seems to have worked btw. What if their plan was to make you all get angry on 1 certain skin and after taking it back making you all get angry at the obvious lie they made to make you all forget that they already are reskinning armor and only adding non-dyeable flames to the skin. People were complaining about this but it faded away due to the T3 fiasco. Sure people are saying they won’t buy anything anymore but highly likely these people that have been duped will stilll buy things from the gemstore and Anet knows this.

Or they simply accepted it so easily cuz all they have to do is grab an old skin and put some non-dyeable flames on it.

Ashabhi.1365

citation needed?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Flamekissed-Armor-Skin/first#post3275229

Once this new artwork is completed, we will then update the Flamekissed Armor Skin so that all existing sets that players have purchased get the new art.

Thank you… I must have missed it…

So, those who have already contacted support and have decided not to comply with the request to “delete” the skin will have it changed for them later, if I am interpreting correctly…

Somehow, there is something sticking in the back of my mind that these folks who have already gotten their gems back, and still have the other armor could possibly get their gems back and a new skin? How is that fair for those who wait?

Something just doesn’t add up here. (kind of off-topic, but still puzzling)

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

A group who paid money on an item (Virtual or otherwise) should always out weigh a group that feels their prestige was ruined, no matter what the sizes of the groups are..

Honestly the Armor should stay in game and the prestige complainers should take a good long look at themselves, its a game you play for fun.

Money is real no matter what it buys, these people paid for a service that was systematically taken from them.

I personally feel they should take it to court, these companies cannot keep getting away with these illegal practices..immoral too.

The fact people continue to play after this really is a worry to me.

First of all, money should never make your opinion more or less valid than anyone else’s. That’s a disgusting concept to me. I say this as someone who paid for the skin and doesn’t have a light human character.

So you say “complainers should take a good long look at themselves, its a game you play for fun” and then go on to threaten legal recourse when you are complaining. Ugh.

I’ve tried to stay out of this thread and responding to posts like yours that I’m never going to agree with, but I work in customer service (not for ANet, alas) and what they did is fair and awesome. I’ve been on their side of being threatened by entitled customers who have been offered a reasonable solution to a crummy situation. ANet kittened up! I work for a manufacturing company, I know how that is. There are a ton of moving parts in a company and sometimes things don’t always mesh perfectly. It’s the cost of doing business. There are always some unavoidable losses.

Someone made a decision that completely wrecked cultural armor, a system which has affected people’s choices of race at character creation. A choice players can not undo. It is not whining to say that the implication of cultural armor being made universal and improved for far less money is alienating to the very code of their game. It’s just how it is, love or hate that code. I imagine anything that would change that system would be announced far in advance and fluffed with PR to be palatable, not snuck into a random gemstore skin. It’s not an exaggeration to say that it would be game-changing. That’s not what they meant to do here.

You may not think it was a mistake, but clearly ANet does. They are redesigning the skin. At that point, you can keep the redesigned skin, getting the content you paid for, or you can get a refund if the aesthetic is not to your taste. This is exactly what any ethical company dealing with its mistake would do at this point. Speaking as someone who has watched small potatoes people who don’t understand warranties and business try to sue companies for similar things, it is my opinion that you would be laughed out of a courtroom.

I do agree with people who are suggesting that the refund plus transmutation crystals would be nice, and that there are some inconsistencies in how support is refunding. That should obviously be ironed out ASAP. However, what is stopping someone from keeping the armor AND getting a refund? So, perhaps the best thing to do is ask that people transmute their armor before gaining a gem refund with courtesy crystals. The flamekissed purchase will be obvious on their account, though I’m not sure how they verify the skin has been properly overwritten. They’ve created quite the headache for themselves, but they’re taking steps to make it up to us. That’s wonderful. I’d be surprised if they didn’t throw us a courtesy bone of some kind on top of the armor, because that’s the quality of service and care I’ve been treated with from ANet over the last year+.

Just calm down, wait for the skin, enjoy the old version while we have it and by then they’ll probably have a procedure hammered out that’ll be consistent and satisfactory. OF COURSE support is sort of unequipped to deal with this; it’s unprecedented. Give them some time to make a policy. I think the transmutation feedback is helpful, but the people freaking out and threatening legal action when they’re going to get at LEAST a full refund just makes me roll my eyes. Again, the only word I can come up with is “entitled”.

“The fact people continue to play after this really is a worry to me.” lol, I don’t want a moderator giving me an infraction so I’ll just leave the sounds of me laughing here. There are way bigger fish to fry in terms of critiquing the game (armor parity between the sexes, fractal level reset, the impending balance update…) than some random skin. If people flounce over this of all things, the community is probably all the better for it.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

Somehow, there is something sticking in the back of my mind that these folks who have already gotten their gems back, and still have the other armor could possibly get their gems back and a new skin? How is that fair for those who wait?

Well, the problem seems to be, that they haven’t had any options to replace the skin.
Sure they got their gems back. What if the skin is applied to their armor?
Would you want to delete all your gear to get rid of it? Not just the skin but the armor set it was used on?

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Maybe if they didn’t rush to the support to ask a refund instead of waiting to see the new skin, it’d allow ANet to prepare and warn all the support on how they have to handle this specific issue?

Heck, some people were asking a refund like 5 minutes after ANet posted about those changes! It doesn’t take much effort to understand that, no, support would not have been up to date on that topic in such a short time I’m sure.

Ashabhi.1365

Well, the problem seems to be, that they haven’t had any options to replace the skin.
Would you want to delete all your gear to get rid of it? Not just the skin but the armor set it was used on?

Actually, that’s not what I was saying. I was saying that those who got their 800 gems back already have been asked to delete their skins (or transmute over.) Some have said that they’re not going to do that. I understand perfectly that they don’t want to get rid of their armor, and that’s not what I want them to do.

What I was asking is if a player has already gotten their gems back, and they are still wearing the flamekissed armor when ANet releases the new skin, will their armor convert to the new skin automatically? If so, they’ve already gotten a refund, and they get the new skin without paying for it.

I just didn’t see this as fair to those who wait to see the new skin before they ask for a refund and end up with either the 800 gems or the new skins, and not both.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Actually, that’s not what I was saying. I was saying that those who got their 800 gems back already have been asked to delete their skins (or transmute over.) Some have said that they’re not going to do that. I understand perfectly that they don’t want to get rid of their armor, and that’s not what I want them to do.

What I was asking is if a player has already gotten their gems back, and they are still wearing the flamekissed armor when ANet releases the new skin, will their armor convert to the new skin automatically? If so, they’ve already gotten a refund, and they get the new skin without paying for it.

I just didn’t see this as fair to those who wait to see the new skin before they ask for a refund and end up with either the 800 gems or the new skins, and not both.

This is why I think everyone who purchased the original design should get 800 gems back regardless.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits