Mini Mr Sparkles sold for $700.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Did anyone happen to take another look at eBay? 67 euro so far…….

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

seems like it would be better if Anet let me pay them, than someone else for Mr Sparkles. I got some money Anet. You want more of it? This is an easy sale. Very Easy.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

No, that was an assumption based on the reason that most people who do not like the asura do not like them. And I do not know whey he doesn’t like the asura, nor could I, since his entire post could be summed ’I do not like this, therefore it is a mistake, and should not be." THAT is a strawman argument.

Sorry that everything that strays one hair to the left or right of Tolkien ’doesn’t fit’ in with your narrow interpretation of ‘fantasy’.

That is a statement. It may be based on an assumption, but it is a statement. It is also a strawman.

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Let’s just hope this was a sort of preview, and the mini will become available ingame (or through the store) at some later date. Though it’d be harsh on the eBay dude that wins it, it’d be a blessing for my wife who’s an avid Guild Wars supporter and spent tons trying to get all minis…

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Well like I think I suggested somewhere, what thy need to do is actually release Mr Sparkles on the Gemstore for the weekend, and remove it afterwards.

There’s no mutual respect between people when one never had the potential oppurtunity of another. Living in Germany or even being there on a lucky weekend is an extremely imbalanced criteria for a piece of content. And if you’re an Asura fan or an a Mini collector, you have my sympathy and empathy :c

I ? Karkas.

Treeline.3865

Let’s just hope this was a sort of preview, and the mini will become available ingame (or through the store) at some later date. Though it’d be harsh on the eBay dude that wins it, it’d be a blessing for my wife who’s an avid Guild Wars supporter and spent tons trying to get all minis…

I’m just a bit scared that their silence (as always) indicate that they have nothing planned.

Posted by: Vrava.6937

Vrava.6937

Mini Collectors deserve a response to this. I thought it would come yesterday, but so far I’ve seen nothing. If this is not going to be available in-game, they deserve to know that so they can give up on their goal of having a complete collection.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Anyone know where to get this? It’s account bound so I’m assuming it’s either from a forge, reward or the store but I don’t see any mention of it in the patch notes.

You get some kind of code card at a meet & greet event at Gamescon 2013 in Cologne, Germany.

Now the kicker: I am near Cologne, Germany but I had no time to go on a real life quest for a mini. Don’t know if they are still handing these cards out over the weekend.

They probably hand out more of these cards at other events. If you are not there, they probably show up on ebay as well.

Basically I cannot complete my Mini collection anymore. OK, moving on…

Well if thats a kicker.
I was at GamesCom last year. They did give codes that year but stopped after a few hours because that was not fear because not everybody would get a fear chance to get it. so I did not get a code. Then they decided to give those codes to some fan-sites. I was also on one of those fan-sides. I entered for the code there but did not win the code. (most if not all of the people who won don’t ever log in on GW2 anymore)

I was at GamesCom this year. Saw somebody with the white GW2 T-shirt but we searched for the GW2 stand, turned out they had none. Later I find out those people in T-shirts where all they had and I am guessing that if I had talked to them I would have gotten the code.

(edited by Devata.6589)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It won’t be in-game.
If it were they would have told you.

The other rl-event things have not been made available in-game so why would these?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Seven Star Stalker.1740

It won’t be in-game.
If it were they would have told you.

The other rl-event things have not been made available in-game so why would these?

Because one would expect that when a company does something and sees the reaction of their customer base, they learn from it.

Then again, one can always expect too much of a company.

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Because one would expect that when a company does something and sees the reaction of their customer base, they learn from it.

And yet there are several parts of said customer base.
Some shout about stuff like this being awesome, whilst other hate it.
Which side should they listen to?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

I don’t think it’s bad if they are clear about it, if they stick to there rules and if they try to make sure everybody gets a fair change (for example by releasing it in multiple ways).

Now they first (last year) change the rules (for me that mend I missed out in the code) and this year they here not clear about it as I hearth about it today. Meaning also this year I missed out on it while I was at GamesCom both years and last year I was at there stand this year we searched for there none existing stand.

But in any way it should not be GamesCom only if you ask me.

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Most of the people you see complaining are the ones who want it. Those who don’t like as a whole don’t really care, because largely it doesn’t effect or bother them at all. They’re in the same boat as those apathetic towards that, and even still, basic human psychology will tell you that people only cry out on matters that have some kind of effect on them. Your argument is false

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Did anyone happen to take another look at eBay? 67 euro so far…….

Odd….I can’t find it on ebay (or anywhere)

I just got my mini Zojia…she wants her Mr. Sparkles ;-;

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

No, that was an assumption based on the reason that most people who do not like the asura do not like them. And I do not know whey he doesn’t like the asura, nor could I, since his entire post could be summed ’I do not like this, therefore it is a mistake, and should not be." THAT is a strawman argument.

Sorry that everything that strays one hair to the left or right of Tolkien ’doesn’t fit’ in with your narrow interpretation of ‘fantasy’.

That is a statement. It may be based on an assumption, but it is a statement. It is also a strawman.

“A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent’s position.”

Correct, it is a statement, based on an opinion of the general populace to which the poster belongs. No misrepresentation was made, neither was there any logical fallacy, he could belong to the party I presumed him to be or he could not. He provided a small amount of evidence that he is, none that he is not.

And frankly, the incredible reaching you are attempting to defend your assumption, if assumption makes an argument a ‘strawman’, makes your argument more of a strawman than you claim mine to be.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Treeline.3865

But don’t do it man. Anet needs to realize they have to release this ingame as well. 67 euro is just plain wrong.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I just wanted to see the listing…..good lord nearly $90 (USD) I have better things to spend my paycheck on.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

I had a bunch of people message me about it after I posted about the third party website, ingame and on the forums. So I guess people are interested even though it’s account bound.

It would be kind of good to know if this will be available to everyone, in game or through gems. I sell alot of minis on the TP and I think the prices on some would drop if people can’t have full collections anymore.

Magumer Ranger

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Actually reminds me of WoW… the collectible card game had a VERY small chance to contain an in-game mount, which were very rare.

One of the rarest one, the spectral tiger mount (which TBH looked exactly like any other tiger mount but with a ghostly transparent blue skin) would go for over $1000 on ebay.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by Moderator)

Treeline.3865

Actually reminds me of WoW… the collectible card game had a VERY small chance to contain an in-game mount, which were very rare.

One of the rarest one, the spectral tiger mount (which TBH looked exactly like any other tiger mount but with a ghostly transparent blue skin) would go for over $1000 on ebay.

Did anyone like that?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Did anyone like that?

I bet the person selling it did.

Personally I think all items should be available to everyone who wants them. Not necessarily easy to get (in fact I’m completely in favour of some being virtually impossible) but things like this make it literally impossible for all but a few people – especially since this wasn’t announced in advance so we didn’t have the option of making the trip to get the mini even if we wanted to and could afford it.

At the very least all cosmetic items should be tradeable so we have the option of buying them from another player, however unlikely it might be. (And you never know, I randomly came across someone selling a mini Grawl in GW1 once, and it was even within my price range.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Did anyone like that?

I saw at least 3 of them in my server, but no idea if they were the same person (was different chars, but no idea if the mount was soul or account bound), so I guess some people at least did like that. I didn’t, so I just knew I wouldn’t have one, no big deal.

One thing I’ve always found very funny… the spectral tiger, that as I said looked like a regular mount with a different skin effect, was the most expensive ones… while others that were unique (a rocket flying mount, for example, another that looked like a giant chicken and so on) were much cheaper (still in the hundreds of dollars range).

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by locoman.1974)

Treeline.3865

Just because they had them, doesnt mean they liked it though. If I had had Mr. Sparkles as one of the exlusives I would still have a bad taste in my mouth. My collection would be complete but I would feel sorry for every other collector.

Treeline.3865

Found a little update on the wiki. Looks to me like its going to stay outside the game.

There were both German and English code cards given out at gamescom, hinting at other sources the code will be attainable from.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mini_Mr._Sparkles

Posted by: Ikoh.7280

Ikoh.7280

Could someone from ArenaNet give us an official statement on this, please? Thanks.

Seven Star Stalker.1740

So my friend told me today that if I’d said something to him, he would’ve grabbed one for me while he was there.

FML QQ.

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

Sold for $700 USD.

Magumer Ranger

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

O.O;;
With this and the ‘Light Up the Darkness’ Achievement, I think I might just give up altogether…

Treeline.3865

Sold for $700 USD.

On eBay?

Megis.9264

Yes, ebay.

(edited by Moderator)

Treeline.3865

What is wrong with people..
And even worse, what is wrong with Anet.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Yes, ebay.

What is wrong with people..
And even worse, what is wrong with Anet.

And yet they’re gonna be doing something similar with the WvW dev at Pax. whoever gets put on his list get something, at a later date.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

It was $701.90….wat…da….*********

Sigh, I guess whoever sold that made a ton of money.
Now the person who uses the code will be left alone? or will they be banned for violating the EULA? LOL?

Since their was only 1 auction that I have noticed means either only 1 person wanted to cash in the mini or very few people even got a code during the Gamescon event.

I hope this mini is simply rewarded as a token of appreciation and the remaining players will get a chance to buy it off the gem store. So we can laugh at whoever spent $700 to acquire it….

Megis.9264

Would be tough to ban, seeing as ebay doesn’t list anything identifiable.

Posted by: Njordfinn.4921

Njordfinn.4921

As I was at that Community Party I still have a good guess who it was…

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

It would appear that the people in charge of the mr sparkles don’t read the forums and the people who does read the forum don’t care to entangle themselves into this issue.

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

They probably hand out more of these cards at other events. If you are not there, they probably show up on ebay as well.

Yep, they did.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Strawberry Nubcake.7163

Strawberry Nubcake.7163

I find it a bit sad that nobody from Anet has bothered to chime in. You would think the amount of money someone actually paid for that mini would get some sort of response out of them.

Refusing to give us information just so a bunch of people will line up at their booth this weekend is lame.

I might be a kitten ed off mini collector.

(edited by Strawberry Nubcake.7163)

Treeline.3865

As I was at that Community Party I still have a good guess who it was…

Just for fun… How many would you estimate got the minipet?

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

What makes you think they are not (ANet employees) selling them for $700USD?

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Treeline.3865

What makes you think they are not (ANet employees) selling them for $700USD?

They probably wouldn’t risk that rumor going out..

Megis.9264

I find it highly unlikely an Anet employee would risk their employment for that.

Posted by: Kronos.3695

Kronos.3695

I’m asking for an official response from the team…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Mini-Mr-Sparkles/first#post2732211

Kronos Ledaloth, Leader of Bloodstone Keepers [BloS] - Far Shiverpeaks (EU)

YouTube Channel

Strawberry Nubcake.7163

They were given out at the start of the birthday bash today and I have a code in my possession that isn’t working. weeps

Yeah yeah… already contacted support. :P

Update: A player contacted me in game to tell me people were having a similar issue when trying to use the codes from Gamescom on NA accounts. (Mine came from the event in Seattle and my account is NA.) I was in the process of bringing that up with support when they updated my ticket to let me know that my code had actually been used by someone else. Now I’m in the process of trying to get them to make things right since my code was a dud.

Hopefully this was an isolated incident!

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Please Anet, allow us to complete our collections without spending hundreds of Dollar or Euro on ebay or travel costs.

Mr. Sparkles is currently the last miniature I am missing

Attachments:

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

They were given out at the start of the birthday bash today and I have a code in my possession that isn’t working. weeps

Update: A player contacted me in game to tell me people were having a similar issue when trying to use the codes from Gamescom on NA accounts. (Mine came from the event in Seattle and my account is NA.) I was in the process of bringing that up with support when they updated my ticket to let me know that my code had actually been used by someone else. Now I’m in the process of trying to get them to make things right since my code was a dud.

I’m having the SAME issue with the code I received last night at the Anniversary Bash. Sucks that it’s not an isolated incident, but I do have to admit that I’m somewhat relieved that I’m not alone in experiencing this issue. :-/

EDIT – I received a response from customer service that it turns out the code I received at the Anniversary Bash was a region-locked EU code and that they will have to apply the serial code manually in order to get it onto my account. Strawberry, let customer service know that there are people at the Seattle event that got EU codes, send them the serial number that you received at the event, and tell them what account you want it applied to and they should be able to help (I found it helpful to include a link to your post indicating others are having the problem, feel free to provide them a link to my post).

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

people buy a ticket for the event, attend the anet set there and get a “reward” for that. How is that unfair to anyone who did neither of these things? And how exactly does that hurt you? Seems like some case of “I don´t have it and so noone should have it” scenario to me.

The problem is that in this case the reward is part of a set. And for many people the main appeal of these otherwise useless cosmetic (and frankly awkward to display) items is to try and complete that set.

Restricting this to only people who came to one particular event (and not promoting this fact beforehand) ruins the chance anyone else had of completing the set and therefore kills a large part of the appeal of the whole group of items.

Imagine this happening with any other kind of collectable. What if a company started a new set of football stickers for example and most of them were available with magazines or from any newsagent and then, after the launch they announced that actually one of them was only available by coming to the factory on the day of release and no one else would ever be able to get it and would have a big hole in the middle of their book forever.

It’d be ridiculous. All they’d achieve is a lot of people deciding there’s no point starting a collection they can’t complete and not bothering to buy the magazines in the first place. Same thing here.

Not that I support this nonsense but you do realize this is exactly what the makers of real world collectables end up doing, right? Collect those new Jem dolls? Well you better have been at Comic Con for the two only sold there in limited supply and you better be a member of the special club that few people knew about to buy the limited edition one there. If you weren’t.. well here’s hoping you have a couple of thousand bucks and the endless patience to fight for one on ebay. Maybe you like My Little Pony instead.. well each MLP fair had it’s own custom pony and there were ones only released overseas and ones only handed out at Toy Fair and Comic Con and ones that maybe only 2 or 3 at most exist of. Good luck filling those holes in your collection. Oh, like Monster High? Did you know there are dolls that only ONE exists of? Forget ever completing that collection…

Anet just did what every other company does – they gave the big middle finger to collectors with an exclusive. Do you want it? Get on ebay, empty your wallet, and prepare to fight. This is why I never touched mini collecting because I just knew this would happen eventually, it’s the bane of collectors and every company does it.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

people buy a ticket for the event, attend the anet set there and get a “reward” for that. How is that unfair to anyone who did neither of these things? And how exactly does that hurt you? Seems like some case of “I don´t have it and so noone should have it” scenario to me.

The problem is that in this case the reward is part of a set. And for many people the main appeal of these otherwise useless cosmetic (and frankly awkward to display) items is to try and complete that set.

Restricting this to only people who came to one particular event (and not promoting this fact beforehand) ruins the chance anyone else had of completing the set and therefore kills a large part of the appeal of the whole group of items.

Imagine this happening with any other kind of collectable. What if a company started a new set of football stickers for example and most of them were available with magazines or from any newsagent and then, after the launch they announced that actually one of them was only available by coming to the factory on the day of release and no one else would ever be able to get it and would have a big hole in the middle of their book forever.

It’d be ridiculous. All they’d achieve is a lot of people deciding there’s no point starting a collection they can’t complete and not bothering to buy the magazines in the first place. Same thing here.

Not that I support this nonsense but you do realize this is exactly what the makers of real world collectables end up doing, right? Collect those new Jem dolls? Well you better have been at Comic Con for the two only sold there in limited supply and you better be a member of the special club that few people knew about to buy the limited edition one there. If you weren’t.. well here’s hoping you have a couple of thousand bucks and the endless patience to fight for one on ebay. Maybe you like My Little Pony instead.. well each MLP fair had it’s own custom pony and there were ones only released overseas and ones only handed out at Toy Fair and Comic Con and ones that maybe only 2 or 3 at most exist of. Good luck filling those holes in your collection. Oh, like Monster High? Did you know there are dolls that only ONE exists of? Forget ever completing that collection…

Anet just did what every other company does – they gave the big middle finger to collectors with an exclusive. Do you want it? Get on ebay, empty your wallet, and prepare to fight. This is why I never touched mini collecting because I just knew this would happen eventually, it’s the bane of collectors and every company does it.

well, then you have to decide whether that thing you crave for is worth that kind of ressources or not. period.

Strawberry Nubcake.7163

I’m having the SAME issue with the code I received last night at the Anniversary Bash. Sucks that it’s not an isolated incident, but I do have to admit that I’m somewhat relieved that I’m not alone in experiencing this issue. :-/

EDIT – I received a response from customer service that it turns out the code I received at the Anniversary Bash was a region-locked EU code and that they will have to apply the serial code manually in order to get it onto my account. Strawberry, let customer service know that there are people at the Seattle event that got EU codes, send them the serial number that you received at the event, and tell them what account you want it applied to and they should be able to help (I found it helpful to include a link to your post indicating others are having the problem, feel free to provide them a link to my post).

I’m a few steps ahead of ya!

I posted several times in this thread earlier today: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Mr-Sparkles-code-doesn-t-work/

I also updated my ticket when I stumbled across it to let them know that others were also getting an error when trying to redeem their codes. They still refuse to help me since they are convinced my code has already been used.

I’m noticing that I seem to be the only one getting this response, so maybe my code really was activated by someone else or support made a mistake and my ticket has a scarlet letter on it as a result? Either way, it wasn’t used by me or my boyfriend. As far as we know, the only people that had access to that particular code were the two of us and Anet staff. I can say with 100% certainty that we didn’t activate it… so who did? :/

I’ll probably try to get Gaile’s attention on Tuesday if support keeps telling me there isn’t anything they can do. Assuming they are correct about the code being activated, that means someone essentially stole my miniature. This is beyond frustrating and hearing that there isn’t anything that can be done is disheartening.

Attachments:

Seven Star Stalker.1740

I’m a few steps ahead of ya!

I posted several times in this thread earlier today: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Mr-Sparkles-code-doesn-t-work/

I also updated my ticket when I stumbled across it to let them know that others were also getting an error when trying to redeem their codes. They still refuse to help me since they are convinced my code has already been used.

I’m noticing that I seem to be the only one getting this response, so maybe my code really was activated by someone else or support made a mistake and my ticket has a scarlet letter on it as a result? Either way, it wasn’t used by me or my boyfriend. As far as we know, the only people that had access to that particular code were the two of us and Anet staff. I can say with 100% certainty that we didn’t activate it… so who did? :/

I’ll probably try to get Gaile’s attention on Tuesday if support keeps telling me there isn’t anything they can do. Assuming they are correct, that means someone essentially stole my miniature. This is beyond frustrating and hearing that there isn’t anything that can be done is disheartening.

QQ Pink T3 Looks so good.

I ? Karkas.