Mini Rant and a question.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mrcrabcore.2781

mrcrabcore.2781

So ive played gw for quite a while now, got my character to the point where i finally feel she is maxed out and then …. owh, now there nothing to do with my character. this is a big problem i feel. i want to play gw so much but i just end up logging in at LA and walking around for 20 mins and then going off to play neverwinter. i don’t want to pvp or farm for gear. so………………. now what??? i hate to say it but ive reached what i feel is the end of the mmo. and every month anet give is mini new adventure that last 2-3 days .. i feel if anet follow in D&Ds footsteps and let users create content for the game then this problem could be solved in ways after much work. but really id rather just be given something where i can put my character to the test in a interesting adventure. i think the fact players keep getting scaled up to 80 is one reason im less drawn to the new content, it takes away all sense of achievement that a lvl 2 player can go do the same thing and my kitted out lvl 80 :/

Glasidria – Asuran Necromancer – Commander ~
Officer Glas – Asuran Guardian ~ Gunnars Hold
Guild – Dark Reavers [DkR]

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Don’t worry about it too much. Take a break. Come back to do the little things for 2-3 days, and take a break again. There’s no subscription fee, there’s really no reason to play if you’re bored.

mrcrabcore.2781

but i WANT to play. its just sad that the whole game is basically level up and get your gear. after that all you have left is pvp and grinding. i guess im just sad that they have let me raise this amazing character class and then gave me nothing to do with it after ( excluding pvp)

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

I do understand the situation. As someone who invests a lot of time into the game, I do find myself completely monthly content in 1 or 2 days. It pretty much boils down to leveling alts with friends & running dungeons for fun. I don’t care if I don’t need gear, if I don’t get rewards. I get to have fun with some friends.

If this isn’t to your taste you can just play occasionally. That’s the beauty of a buy to play MMO. Bored and out of content? Take a break and come back.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

mrcrabcore.2781

yeah i guess having people to play with and talk to eg over mic sounds good, im probably a bit of a loner in the game haha

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Join a guild and run Guild Missions. Go for achievements. Collect mini-pets. See how high you can go in Fractals. Get ranked on the Achievement leaderboards. Get the titles. Get world completion.

Ursan.7846

but i WANT to play. its just sad that the whole game is basically level up and get your gear. after that all you have left is pvp and grinding. i guess im just sad that they have let me raise this amazing character class and then gave me nothing to do with it after ( excluding pvp)

Yea, I WANT to watch every single episode of Game of Thrones too, right this instance. But it’s not happening. I just shrug, do other things, and watch it excitedly when new episodes come out.

I totally understand your situation, but there’s really not much to be done. The devs will release content in their own pace, and there’s really no sub that requires you to play. Take a break, have fun in Neverwinter, and keep your eyes peeled for updates.

mrcrabcore.2781

also i wish quest giving was better, i hate just running in to area to have the quest just appear, id rather go to the npc involded, accept the quest and learn about what im going to do. maybe if they added some epic quest in it would be better. i mean can any of you tell me quest that made you go, “oh wow that was one epic quest”, instead of, " wtf is that all the xp i got for that :’( "

mrcrabcore.2781

Yea, I WANT to watch every single episode of Game of Thrones too, right this instance. But it’s not happening. I just shrug, do other things, and watch it excitedly when new episodes come out.

I totally understand your situation, but there’s really not much to be done. The devs will release content in their own pace, and there’s really no sub that requires you to play. Take a break, have fun in Neverwinter, and keep your eyes peeled for updates.

Yeah thats pretty much what im doing haha

Ursan.7846

also i wish quest giving was better, i hate just running in to area to have the quest just appear, id rather go to the npc involded, accept the quest and learn about what im going to do. maybe if they added some epic quest in it would be better. i mean can any of you tell me quest that made you go, “oh wow that was one epic quest”, instead of, " wtf is that all the xp i got for that :’( "

Yes. Linneas and the vicious tacklin’ rabbits.

mrcrabcore.2781

whats the story for that one ?

mrcrabcore.2781

Also. as you may all know gw has some AMAZING Lore behind it all. id love some quest that delved into it to continue and old tail of revisit and past historic site. that would be epic then.

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

No real story, you are collecting fur while getting knocked down by bunny rabbits, quite annoying I thought. Leads to an event that you kill a veteran jotun.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

mrcrabcore.2781

No real story, you are collecting fur while getting knocked down by bunny rabbits, quite annoying I thought. Leads to an event that you kill a veteran jotun.

you see, thats not a quest, thats a task,

now imagen you had been given the quest to save a womens daughter from a jotun up in the mountains and you had to sneak up to its cave covering your scent with the fur of rabbits, but while escaping you get corned by the jotuns brothers and have to defend this girl from being killed, after returning her safe you discover she had be promised to the jotun as part of a deal when she was first born but the mother had changed her might after she was taken, the girl find out, leaves her family and demads you take her to LA where on the way she insist you show her how to fight as she wants to join the lion guard but was never aloud to (as she held at home by her mom for the day to be handed over to the jotun. <——-

now thats what id called an interesting quest. do you lot have any remakes you would rather see?

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

now imagen you had been given the quest to save a womens daughter from a jotun up in the mountains and you had to sneak up to its cave covering your scent with the fur of rabbits, but while escaping you get corned by the jotuns brothers and have to defend this girl from being killed, after returning her safe you discover she had be promised to the jotun as part of a deal when she was first born but the mother had changed her might after she was taken, the girl find out, leaves her family and demads you take her to LA where on the way she insist you show her how to fight as she wants to join the lion guard but was never aloud to (as she held at home by her mom for the day to be handed over to the jotun. <——-

now thats what id called an interesting quest. do you lot have any remakes you would rather see?

Maybe you should should be on quest design. I enjoyed just reading that, imagine all the story in between. I definitely don’t think of the events as quests, nor do I feel like an adventurer. There were a lot of cool quests in GW1 that had this type of design.

One of my favorites from WoW is where you talk to the ghost of a girl whos father died in the war and you collect her doll parts, put them together and give them to her. She doesn’t know she’s dead and asks that you go find her father, it goes on and is really sad. Things like that really connect you to a game, so I’d like more of it of course.

Another example is one where you kill a zombie that is harassing a graveyard and you get a book telling how he got that way, he went off to fight in the war and came back to see everything in shambles he asked everyone in town of his family, he went to the graveyard to see his wife and 2 daughers names on tombstones, started flinging his sword in a fit of rage and ended up killing the 2 keepers of the place IIRC, killed himself after realizing what he had done and you get his sword that glows at the end. Another sad quest and those are relatively early in the game.. oh the memories.

Those are TRUE quests.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

(edited by Mathias.9657)

mrcrabcore.2781

Maybe you should should be on quest design. I enjoyed just reading that, imagine all the story in between. I definitely don’t think of the events as quests, nor do I feel like an adventurer. There were a lot of cool quests in GW1 that had this type of design.

One of my favorites from WoW is where you talk to the ghost of a girl whos father died in the war and you collect her doll parts, put them together and give them to her. She doesn’t know she’s dead and asks that you go find her father, it goes on and is really sad. Things like that really connect you to a game, so I’d like more of it of course.

yes i did that quest on wow, that was an epic one. this is what i mean, .i mean come on it took me 20 mins to make that idea up, if all quest where more story based like that i would WANT to go out and do them all. I havent done/wanted to do a single quest since hitting orr, and that was a looong time ago

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

so………………. now what??? i hate to say it but ive reached what i feel is the end of the mmo.

Been level 80 for quite a while and I’m not bored, because:

- jumping puzzles
- dungeons
- mini-dungeons
- boss encounters / meta-events
- map completion! (I personally loved doing this)
- achievements
- kegbrawler, costume brawls and upcoming mini-games
- learn ALL the crafts!
- guild missions (just did my first bounty hunt today)
- I haven’t even started on fractals
- I would love to check out WvW more thoroughly but I don’t have enough playtime, same for pvp.
- make alts to play other personal stories, or join other people in theirs. At least play one of each: vigil, order or whispers, and priory.
- when you find something fun, repeat! (I have played both SAB and MF quite a lot)
- roleplay (if that’s your thing)
- randomly make friends and do JPs/dungeons/levelling/whatever together with them, they make everything 10 times more fun

So, I’ve been playing GW rather too much and despite falling into sort of a hole a little bit after world map completion, I find myself unable to be truly bored at this point.

mrcrabcore.2781

so………………. now what??? i hate to say it but ive reached what i feel is the end of the mmo.

Been level 80 for quite a while and I’m not bored, because:

- jumping puzzles
- dungeons
- mini-dungeons
- boss encounters / meta-events
- map completion! (I personally loved doing this)
- achievements
- kegbrawler, costume brawls and upcoming mini-games
- learn ALL the crafts!
- guild missions (just did my first bounty hunt today)
- I haven’t even started on fractals
- I would love to check out WvW more thoroughly but I don’t have enough playtime, same for pvp.
- make alts to play other personal stories, or join other people in theirs. At least play one of each: vigil, order or whispers, and priory.
- when you find something fun, repeat! (I have played both SAB and MF quite a lot)
- roleplay (if that’s your thing)
- randomly make friends and do JPs/dungeons/levelling/whatever together with them, they make everything 10 times more fun

So, I’ve been playing GW rather too much and despite falling into sort of a hole a little bit after world map completion, I find myself unable to be truly bored at this point.

I think i would quite enjoy RPing my asura, its a shame rping isint a bigger thing nad jumping puzzles arent bad ill agree and also achivment collecting but the other thing just don’t get me all hyped up to play im afraid. its all just grinding in some way or another

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

He got it wrong anyway. The heart there is collecting bags of food while dodging the tackle rabbits. The event is collecting fur for crazy Linnea so she can hunt down a mythical beast. She does get disappointed in the end.

Your idea sounds like a potential Living Story thing. Keep playing so you can see if something similar appears later in the game’s life

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

GW2 was pretty much a failed experiment, quit for a couple years and see where it goes seems the best course of action.

These are the comments that make me giggle the most. What evidence do you have to support this? Because YOU don’t like it.

Guild Wars 2 has plenty of people playing and enjoying it. I’d wager enough to keep it going for a long long time.

Two years down the road, when people are still enjoying this game, you’ll probably still be calling it a failed experiment.

I’m glad when people post stuff like this, because it calls into question everything else they say on the forum.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Some of the most epic dynamic event chains take place in Orr – one of my favorites is the one that plays out across the zone of Malchor’s Leap and tells the story of Malchor the Sculptor, his love for the goddess Dwayna and subsequent blindness, madness, suicide and reincarnation as a ghost. Being in that zone and hearing that heartrending cry, “DWAAAAYNA!!” sends chills up my spine every time.

Vayne.8563

Some of the most epic dynamic event chains take place in Orr – one of my favorites is the one that plays out across the zone of Malchor’s Leap and tells the story of Malchor the Sculptor, his love for the goddess Dwayna and subsequent blindness, madness, suicide and reincarnation as a ghost. Being in that zone and hearing that heartrending cry, “DWAAAAYNA!!” sends chills up my spine every time.

Great event chain. Forgot about that one. I’ve only actually done it once.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

but, may I ask, what do other MMOs have as endgame that this one doesn’t?

Posted by: Aevic.9675

Aevic.9675

Why do people keep saying there are things to do? Yes, there are all those puzzles, map completions and titles. But dungeons? That’s a joke to find a group for. With no actual group finder or lfg system (which is now a standard in almost every mmo) getting a group as someone who just logs on for a few hours and logs off. Is impossible.

Using a site outside the game is not acceptable. Newer mmos with less work put into them like Neverwinter even have a working LFG tool. I still don’t understand why Anet refuses to add it. I’d rather dungeon crawl for hours instead of doing jumping puzzles, those just aren’t for me.

Vayne.8563

Why do people keep saying there are things to do? Yes, there are all those puzzles, map completions and titles. But dungeons? That’s a joke to find a group for. With no actual group finder or lfg system (which is now a standard in almost every mmo) getting a group as someone who just logs on for a few hours and logs off. Is impossible.

Using a site outside the game is not acceptable. Newer mmos with less work put into them like Neverwinter even have a working LFG tool. I still don’t understand why Anet refuses to add it. I’d rather dungeon crawl for hours instead of doing jumping puzzles, those just aren’t for me.

And joining a guild is unacceptable too? Some of us get dungeon runs all the time, because we belong to a guild. It’s much easier to find like minded people when you already have a group of like minded people in one location.

And the LFG site works just fine. Usually doesn’t take more than a few minutes to get a group.

Finally Anet doesn’t refuse to add an LFG tool, they’re working on one and it will be in game when it’s done.

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Yes, joining a guild would be easiest for that (there’s enough non-committal casual guilds out there that don’t require you to interact with anybody if you don’t feel like it).

But you don’t even need that. My boyfriend and I PUGged for a while and some people were not so great and other people were absolutely fantastic (entertaining, positive, patient, FUN) and these ended up on my contact list. Now when I want to run a dungeon, I can (and do) still PUG when I feel like meeting new people, but I don’t have to, because my contact list is full of names of awesome people that I know dungeon runs are fun with.

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I think i would quite enjoy RPing my asura, its a shame rping isint a bigger thing

What server are you on? There’s quite a lot of RP going on on TC.

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

I think the ‘take a break’ suggestion is a good one, but I’m not sure it actually works based on what we’ve seen in the game so far. For example, if you felt this way 5 months ago and were to take a break and come back around now, assuming there could be more to do, you’d come back to a game with almost nothing new to do. Living story was a long, drawn out nothing, in my opinion. Sure parts of it were entertaining, but it’s about a days worth of play. Everything else that has changed has been balance stuff and some bug fixes. Maybe this isn’t the case if you play sPvP or tPvP or WvW exclusively, but in PvE, this seems to be right.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Vayne.8563

I think the ‘take a break’ suggestion is a good one, but I’m not sure it actually works based on what we’ve seen in the game so far. For example, if you felt this way 5 months ago and were to take a break and come back around now, assuming there could be more to do, you’d come back to a game with almost nothing new to do. Living story was a long, drawn out nothing, in my opinion. Sure parts of it were entertaining, but it’s about a days worth of play. Everything else that has changed has been balance stuff and some bug fixes. Maybe this isn’t the case if you play sPvP or tPvP or WvW exclusively, but in PvE, this seems to be right.

Take a break, while keeping an eye on patch notes. I mean how easily people brush aside stuff like SAB, which a lot of people loved (my wife for example) and the new dungeon is, according to a lot of people, one of the best.

You may not like running dungeons and that’s fine, but I know people that have run in a dozen times and would have run it more of they had time.