Minis getting forgotten

Minis getting forgotten

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

People simple don’t like minis on their bag, at least the majority of them because of “Deposit All Collectibles” option, why not making a special slot to put them? It could be Hero’s Panel, I rarely see people actually using them while doing most of the game content like WvW, dungeons, FotM, etc…
Also, I’m not sure if that’s the real problem, but it’s annoying having them slotted in bags just as it is now. Thoughts?

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Minis getting forgotten

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

I agree… have a special equip slot for them just like weapons and armor. Also, they shouldn’t automatically get toggled off whenever you port somewhere.

Minis getting forgotten

Posted by: DethLocke.6170

DethLocke.6170

My thoughts? You hit upon something brilliant.

MMO gamers are super OCD about their hero panels, and if there was a slot on the hero panel specifically for a pet, everyone would make sure that they have one, and probably what they feel is the BEST one.

Pets would go from obscurity to needed.

Minis getting forgotten

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

It would be really nice to have a permanent slot. Mine sits in my invisible bag but that still sucks

Gunnar’s Hold

Minis getting forgotten

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I love my minis and I always have one with me and I have it out as often as I can.

But it does get annoying having to remember not to use ‘deposit all collectables’ and having to remember to get it out whenever I change zones or die.

This idea has come up many times in the past and I don’t understand why they haven’t added it yet because I would have thought it’d be a relatively simple addition that would make a lot of people happy.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Minis getting forgotten

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Great idea to have them in the Hero panel. You could always post this in Suggestions sub forum too.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Minis getting forgotten

Posted by: Riot.5210

Riot.5210

Yeah, I’ve found the minis in this game lackluster (and I love mini pets!)

Not only are they hard to store, I found that mine would disappear while questing, because it just could not keep up with me for some reason (no speed boosts, or blinking… Just running around).

Having an equip slot would be perfect, although it would be nice to have something similar to the WoW pet journal. I think you would see more pets being used if they were more accessible.

° Illusionist Alaeis – Mesmer | Meryl Winterfell – Guardian | Meryl Tonberry – Elementalist
° Stormbluff Isle

Minis getting forgotten

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

This should probably be in the suggestions forum, and there should still already be a thread like this in it. This is probably gonna be locked.

I do agree though, that there should be an additional slot on the hero panel to house a minipet.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Minis getting forgotten

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

My thoughts? You hit upon something brilliant.

MMO gamers are super OCD about their hero panels, and if there was a slot on the hero panel specifically for a pet, everyone would make sure that they have one, and probably what they feel is the BEST one.

Pets would go from obscurity to needed.

This

Minis getting forgotten

Posted by: bluejay.6739

bluejay.6739

I support both the special slot and the not toggling off on zoning…

“Pets would go from obscurity to needed.”

…this game needs more carrots anyway, I see no problem with this.

Minis getting forgotten

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

This is a really good idea, but why not do it like the ranger pet panel. That way all your mini pets are viewable from the bank and you could pick which one you wanted out. Since something like this is already used for the ranger pets I wouldn’t think it would be to hard to implement for mini pets. Thoughts?

Hjorje

Minis getting forgotten

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Mini-Pet-Slot-1/first

Show your support for this function in that thread.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Minis getting forgotten

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I approve.

I think pets get dropped when we change zones or use a portal the way buffs and transformations get cleared.

I keep a couple pets in my invisible bag so they don’t get deposited to collectibles but it would be nice to not have to remember to pull them out.

Minis getting forgotten

Posted by: TheAngryLuddite.1834

TheAngryLuddite.1834

I keep a couple pets in my invisible bag so they don’t get deposited to collectibles but it would be nice to not have to remember to pull them out.

This is a good FYI/temp-fix for folks.

I didn’t know about invisible bags or safe deposit boxes until recently, but you can keep your mini from being deposited by getting one of these, and sticking the mini in it.

It’s basically the same as any other bag, except whatever you put in here won’t be deposited when you click ‘Deposit All Collectables’ and won’t show up as sellable to NPCs.

There’s a different type for each armor crafting profession, but you can buy the one around 12 slots or less for very cheap.

Read more about them here:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:Invisible_bags

That said, I totally support a mini slot. I like having my Festivoo tag along wherever I go.

Minis getting forgotten

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

Great idea to have them in the Hero panel. You could always post this in Suggestions sub forum too.

It has been posted there countless times already. Anet posts usually just say to use an invisible bag so this doesn’t seem like a high priority thing.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Minis getting forgotten

Posted by: Zeebok.1460

Zeebok.1460

I would just like to echo that having a space in the Hero page is a fantastic idea.

Minis getting forgotten

Posted by: Silentsins.3726

Silentsins.3726

It has been posted there countless times already. Anet posts usually just say to use an invisible bag so this doesn’t seem like a high priority thing.

While that’s likely true, it’s gotta be on their radar at least, since they went to all the trouble of making the pet arena in LA… I wouldn’t be surprised if they make a change such as this… someday.

Minis getting forgotten

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I like this idea, and have to wonder why it wasn’t done to begin with.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Minis getting forgotten

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Yes!!! Great idea!!!

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Minis getting forgotten

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

Put them in an invisible bag. Problem solved.

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

Minis getting forgotten

Posted by: BurnedToast.3781

BurnedToast.3781

Invisible bag is too annoying for general use though, I just want one invisible slot for a mini, not 1 invisible slot for a mini and 19 other invisible slots that end up full of stuff clogging my inventory because I forget to sell/deposit it.

Minis getting forgotten

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

It’s a great idea, but the real reason mini get forgotten is they now cost so much and do very little..

Minis getting forgotten

Posted by: Odinius.9826

Odinius.9826

Yes please, right next to the Mount slot ^^
(yes I’m still hoping for those :P)