Missing Ascended Stats: Bug or Intentional?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: OutspokenAardvark.9781

OutspokenAardvark.9781

Q:

UPDATE: Although ANet stated missing stat allocations would be added, they were NOT added in this patch. Please help keep this thread bumped so ANet cannot ignore us!

In this last patch, 5 new Ascended Stats were added but Valkyrie (and also Carrion) stats are still not in the game. Could we please get an official response if this is an intended nerf or an overlooked mistake? I’d like to know if I’m grasping at straws in an effort to keep my playstyle alive or if I can relax and wait for next patch.

I run a thief build that is built around the 100% crit change in Stealth trait and thus any amount of Precision is a wasted stat. As a result, Valkyrie gear is just about the only stats that make sense with my playstyle. I’ve done a lot of number crunching in an attempt to mix and match the current Ascended stats to try to find a mix that isn’t marginally the same as exotic gear. I’m convinced that such a set does not exist for my build to remain viable. The issue gets worse as each additional Ascended Slot is added as I am nerfed by comparison because most builds are getting stronger.

My main grief is I am being prevented from playing the way I want (and the way I was able to play before Ascended Gear came out). This seems to directly contradict ANet’s Manifesto.

Rhyme – Commander
[DIS] Dissentient – http://dissentient.org
[TC] Tarnished Coast

(edited by OutspokenAardvark.9781)

Posted by: LinseyMurdock

LinseyMurdock

Game Designer

Next

A:

Could we please get an official response if this is an intended nerf or an overlooked mistake?

It is neither. It just takes time to build these items and there is a huge amount of stuff on our list of things to do. We aren’t done adding stat combos. We will continue to add them as we have time to do so. With this batch, we wanted to even out the spread of primary stats and we already had a lot of stats with Power or Condition Damage as primary (more than any other, in fact), but I’ll be sure to get Valkyrie and Carrion into the next batch.

Lead Designer – Living World

Posted by: Ayras.1543

Ayras.1543

I also play a build with “valkirye” and after adding most combinations do not understand why this is missing statistics ..
wait for another patch just for this is absurd

OutspokenAardvark.9781

I’ve also tried to supplement the issue with consumables but the selection is so sparce there wasn’t much I could do.

Rhyme – Commander
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: NerdyMike.2695

NerdyMike.2695

I too use some Valkyrie pieces for some of my toons. While I am very happy that Knight and Cleric gear has been welcomed to the Ascended scene, I think it would be nice to have all of the base (read: Initial Exotic gear that was available at the time of launch) be Ascended.

As Arena Net has said in the past – Ascended Gear has meant to be in the game from the get-go, but due to certain constraints they were not able to put it in. From a programmer / developer’s point of view I totally sympathise with them. However, since the Ascended Gear was meant to be in from the start, and it’s slowly been working its way in, let’s go ahead and get the initial gear in first (like Valkyrie) and then work on the newer stat combinations (Example: Power / Toughness / Crit. Damage).

Just my two cents.

Posted by: Omega.1473

Omega.1473

What’s wrong with Cavalier? Power, Toughness, Crit%

They’ve been available since November and all you’re trading is Vitality for Toughness. And honestly, if you’re stacked up on Valks for armor and weapons, you’re better off using Cavalier accessories to balance your mitigation. Too much health with no toughness leads to really inefficient healing.

OutspokenAardvark.9781

You take a MASSIVE power hit for using Cavalier as toughness is the primary stat. Like I said, I’ve min-maxxed just about every possible mix and there isn’t a good solution. Right now with the limited number of Ascended slots, I don’t take that large of a nerf but as more and more slots are added, I have to significantly sacrifice health or damage to have an Ascended piece.

Rhyme – Commander
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

I really miss Knight Amulet/Rings/Earrings with Valkyrie “jewels”.

When i see that the “jewels” of Knight ascended items was:

-Precision, Toughtness, Power
-Toughtness, Precision, Power

I was like -_-…..

Seriusly 2 Knight different sets, with 2 “jewels set” when the only change is the primary stat ?

At least put Knight+Valkyrie or Knight+Berseker.

OutspokenAardvark.9781

It would have been better if we were able to ‘build’ our own Ascended Gear. (Pick the base stats and the secondary stats just like every other armor piece in this game.) The way they’re running it currently is needlessly cluttered, confusing and leaves tons of players out to dry.

Rhyme – Commander
[TC] Tarnished Coast

GonzoNeo.4965

It would have been better if we were able to ‘build’ our own Ascended Gear. (Pick the base stats and the secondary stats just like every other armor piece in this game.) The way they’re running it currently is needlessly cluttered, confusing and leaves tons of players out to dry.

Yeah, i put the same tought in other post

The thing that i dont get about the Ascended item is why arena.net made prefixed stats in the ascended items.
I mean, the Exotic Jewel sistems works perfect you can mix and have a lot of different builds.
Why no put a Ascended Items without “jewel” stats and a “jewel upgrade” similar to the infusion upgrade and choose your mix, like a exotic one. They would put in fractal loot, or in Laurel seller.
If a Amulet cost 30 Laurel now , put for 20 Base amulet+10 “jewel upgrade” for example, rings and earrings the same.

The actual system is a great back step compared with the exotic system, and comfortable to arena.net and the players use the same system that the Exotic jewels, i just cant understand why delete for a prefixed mix stats system and have to wait months for the stats that you want.

I just was happy when i read that they put Knight at least, but when i see the seller and the only mix was with “Power, Precision, Toughtness jewel stat” i feel so dissapointed, only 2 Knight mix Items, and the 2 with the same stats mix.

Well i understand this system in the first “wave” of ascended items but still continue with the “prefixed” stat system feels worse in each patch, this will end with the Laurel merchant selling 120 different amulets in the windows merchant to only put a few more mix, is to silly

To me arena.net should remade the ascended item and make it like the exotic one+ infusions.

What will they do when the ascended armor go out, just throw to the garbage the great rune system to put prefixed items too ? I just hope not.

OutspokenAardvark.9781

If you want my personal opinion about Ascended Gear I think it’s in place to limit the number of viable builds. If you look at sPvP there isn’t a lot of customization you have so that it’s easy to balance. I think they’re limiting the options so they can phase out any builds that were difficult to bring inline with other builds by completey removing the possibility of it being viable. I would absolutely love for ANet to prove me wrong but that is my suspicion.

Rhyme – Commander
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

I’d also be interested in this.

I’d like to know if i have to invest in some berz/valk acsended right now or if i should just wait for some full valk armors/accessories.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

no valk and no carrion gear? how does a-net miss this? sometimes you just wonder if certain people know what they make.

OutspokenAardvark.9781

We should probably compile all list of all the builds that Ascended Gear is destroying. I don’t think ANet has any clue how many of their players are being forced to change the way they play and how against their manifesto that is.

Rhyme – Commander
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Dashrider.9360

Dashrider.9360

i really need that ascended carrion gear though.

I am not a number!
I am a MAN!
YOU are number 6…

OutspokenAardvark.9781

I edited the title and body of the opening post to be more articulate.

Rhyme – Commander
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Mogwai Trainer.7890

Mogwai Trainer.7890

This has never made sense to me either. Why are only particular stat combinations available on Ascended gear?

My main grief is I am being prevented from playing the way I want (and the way I was able to play before Ascended Gear came out). This seems to directly contradict ANet’s Manifesto.

This is my problem too. I want to play my way, with my build, and this gear is prohibiting my style’s viability.

… this will end with the Laurel merchant selling 120 different amulets in the windows merchant to only put a few more mix … What will they do when the ascended armor go out, just throw to the garbage the great rune system to put prefixed items too

LOL… So with every combination of rune, main stat set, and ‘upgrade’ stats, how many ascended armor pieces will we have? Got to be in the high 1000’s, if not 10’s of 1000’s, without any consideration of weight (light, medium, heavy) or visual skins.

In summary, I wanna play my way. Let me build my own ascended gear as you have with all the rest of my gear.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I support this. We need Carrion and Valkyrie.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Malkarne.8167

Malkarne.8167

Bump for an answer. I really don’t feel like playing if I’m going to be locked out of upgrades because I chose a particular way of gearing (carrion). I want to at least know that I’m saving for gear that will make it in eventually… if not, I’ll just wait to play until they plan on adding it!

Posted by: leila.7962

leila.7962

I miss Carrion items as well.
I wrote to the support guys on “Feedback” ticket, telling them I feel really sad about the Carrion items being removed from the ascended gear, asking them why is it not there?

The answer was…… show your opinion on the forums so we find out what others think as well.

I dont think it’s difficult to see that others will feel disappointed with the ascended gear not matching their build / character because the item attributes combination just won’t exist anymore.

I thought maybe it’s some kind of nerfing so people don’t stack too much power vit condition dmg? But what’s wrong with that though? Because berserker people will keep stacking more power precision and critical damage as well? It’s not like if it would be something unfair, some will have more direct damage some will give more condition damage and some will have more health or more toughness?

But maybe its just a way for them to say “Ok guys, you’ve played a long time as a carrion/valkyrie gear toon and now its time to move on if you want to get the new ascended gear” ?

I’m happy they want to add other attributes combinations to people so they can try new builds to adapt their character / build to ascended gear… but why not let this be a decision made by the player ? If he wants to stick with the build and gear hes already playing or if he wants to try other ones with different?

It’s like a bad joke … You want more condition damage don’t you? We got ascended items.. but you will have to forget vitality forget power if you want it.. Instead we give you free toughness that you never wanted and a few precision points that won’t add anything to your condition damage!! Great deal isn’t it?

In my defense, I play as a necromancer ever since the beta, I really love the condition damage being like a plague on monsters.
I still play as a necromancer even though sometimes I don’t even get credit for killing things on my own like if I never damaged it, because I chose to be a condition damage character (example: veterans, solo group events, champions etc.).. even with this happening at times i’d still want to keep with my necro as a condition damage…

But now im forced to move to other kind of gear if i want ascended items and have a bit more of condition damage for my character. So its basically like if im wearing an ascended item of one useful attribute. I gain but I lose, while other kinds of gear still have the 3 attributes as something useful for their character..

I take longer to kill things since im condition so it was lovely to have vitality together and power..
The items that seems more likely to be used now for a carrion user, are a mix of toughness, precision and condition damage.

Please bring the other items back too!!
Arena net, please let us choose instead of restrict us?

OutspokenAardvark.9781

Thanks for all the support guys and please keep posting! I think it’s the only way we’ll convince ANet that we’re too large to ignore.

Rhyme – Commander
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: DemonCow.5328

DemonCow.5328

To be completely honest, I was a little disappointed in the stat choices we had with exotic gear, it’s not bad, but there were times when I was running numbers thinking “wow, power/precision/vitality would be perfect here” …but alas, I just had to rearrange half of the rest of my gear.

Now that it’s limited even more with the Ascended gear, I haven’t wanted to really do any build-crafting with it unless it fits into something I already have like Berserker’s or Soldier’s. This is a great way for ANet to nerf builds that they think are unbalanced in WvW without actually touching the build in PvE (unless they make the content harder). It’s only going to get worse as they introduce more types of ascended gear without as much variety in stats as we have with exotics.

[TI] Taking Initiative- Tarnished Coast
Guild Leader
takinginitiative.enjin.com

GonzoNeo.4965

Could we please get an official response if this is an intended nerf or an overlooked mistake?

It is neither. It just takes time to build these items and there is a huge amount of stuff on our list of things to do. We aren’t done adding stat combos. We will continue to add them as we have time to do so. With this batch, we wanted to even out the spread of primary stats and we already had a lot of stats with Power or Condition Damage as primary (more than any other, in fact), but I’ll be sure to get Valkyrie and Carrion into the next batch.

Thx for the answer, but wouldnt it be better change the prefix stat system of ascended trinkets ? I mean, is cleary a backstep compared with the exotic “Trinket+jewel”.

Woulndt be better and easier for developers and players change it for the same system with ascended items ? Base ascended trinket+"ascended upgrade" and voila, all stats, all mix like the exotic items.

The “upgrades” just could drop it in fractal, buy for laurels etc… and if now a amulete cost 30 lauerls, now would cost 20 Laurels for base amuelt and 10 for the “upgrade”.

I think that it would be a better system, the prefix ascended stats just kill many build and possibilites, and wait months for your mix dont help.

Posted by: Malkarne.8167

Malkarne.8167

Thank you very much for answering this, I can happily play and save up for new carrion gear now! Can I push my luck and ask if there is a rough guestimate for when the next batch is going in?

(edited by Malkarne.8167)

Posted by: Ofek.1743

Ofek.1743

Thank you Linsey! Can you please give a rough estimate as to when we will see actual NEW stat combination i.e. +HP-prec/tough, +Pow-CD/tough, etc.?

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Thank you Linsey! Can you please give a rough estimate as to when we will see actual NEW stat combination i.e. +HP-prec/tough, +Pow-CD/tough, etc.?

you know they really can’t?

Posted by: leila.7962

leila.7962

Oh my god.. I’d swear if it wasn’t against good behavior on the forum..
Thanks Linsey!! Can’t wait for them to come !!
Cheered me up towards my character and keep playing my necro

Posted by: Greenitrab.4913

Greenitrab.4913

yayyyy thanks Linsey!!!! I chose Necro as my main and was seriously disheartened to see Carrion was not in there today.

Posted by: Diversité.7013

Diversité.7013

Hi,

I’m a little bit off topic but since no-one answered my post about it : please, ArenaNet, don’t forget to add the Ascended T6 mats craftable (with the Mystic Forge) Back Pieces (Quivers / Tomes) for all the new shiny Rampager / Cleric / Knight / Apothecary combinations we got along with the future Valkyrie & Carrion Ascended trinkets batch (hope you guys will get them soon ! Sorry for my half off topic but it may matters for you too if they overlook it).

Thanks for your consideration !

Posted by: Biohazard.4196

Biohazard.4196

Thank you very much for answering this, I can happily play and save up for new carrion gear now! Can I push my luck and ask if there is a rough guestimate for when the next batch is going in?

My guess is the end of March.

Posted by: Kronos.3695

Kronos.3695

Ty, because my build is valkyrie based too and i have to wait to buy the amulet and earrings for stats missing.

Kronos Ledaloth, Leader of Bloodstone Keepers [BloS] - Far Shiverpeaks (EU)

YouTube Channel

Posted by: Swoo.5079

Swoo.5079

As Arena Net has said in the past – Ascended Gear has meant to be in the game from the get-go, but due to certain constraints they were not able to put it in. From a programmer / developer’s point of view I totally sympathise with them. However, since the Ascended Gear was meant to be in from the start, and it’s slowly been working its way in, let’s go ahead and get the initial gear in first (like Valkyrie) and then work on the newer stat combinations (Example: Power / Toughness / Crit. Damage).

Just my two cents.

I’m sure time constrains play a part.
I’m also sure ascended items weren’t meant to be in the game from the get go. Look how all the ascended items (aside back slot) are items that have no display effect.

That is why they added items with higher stats – it is easier than having to do an awesome looking armor and it is a try to capture the vertical progression crowd (good luck with that) while also “forcing” the horizontal crowd have to grind them (which is unnecessary since we were happy getting legendaries or playing alts).

Ascended items are Anet biggest mistake and a kneejerk reaction.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Don’t forget about adding the new stats to backpacks as well – it seems you missed that one in this update (understandable, i guess, due to how they are created, but still in need of fixing)

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Joiry.2504

Joiry.2504

I hope Anet is beginning to realize how unsustainable this fixed stat gear is becoming, and will continue to become. One of the few good things about Nightfall was adding in the insignia/inscriptions so both prefix and suffix of gear could be changed. GW2 took a step backwards by reverting to just 1 modifiable slot, and now ascended gear goes further back with all stats fixed, except for the token bit in the infusion slot.

I know it would take more programming time to actually make it so we could slot all upgrades – but long term, its vastly more modular and sustainable, plus gives players more choices and options. Otherwise, the combinatorial set of upgrades will just keep dragging out longer and longer to introduce new equipment.

(edited by Joiry.2504)

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

That was one of my concerns when this tier was introduced, why give up on a system already in place with every other piece of gear ingame and replace it with a fixed stat system? Jewels, runes and sigils are already in place. We used them for 80+ levels. It works. Hell, ascended jewels even sounds decent.

It just seems practical to me that Ascended Gear would be an upgrade to exotics with open slots for jewels + and infusion slot, none of this fixed stat stuff. I mean if you add in all the different possible set ups currently ingame or awaiting entry, was this done because you had an abundance of names for gear to use? Right now it just looks like a mess on top of the mess that is all the different currency ingame. Clean it up please.

I just don’t recall any MMO’s in recent years doing anything like whats been done here with ascended gear thus far.

OutspokenAardvark.9781

I’m not sure why they have made it this way either.

Rhyme – Commander
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

I’m not sure why Anet doesn’t just add “clean” gear and then we can place 3 inscriptions with one stat each.
That way we don’t need 8,000 versions of the same gear.

Posted by: Psychatog.8246

Psychatog.8246

Does anet really have so little control over there own game. i mean we aren’t even talking new item models here. just a icon that could realistically be a recycled old one with a new name and stat weights that combinations like valk already have a basis in game to build off of, as well as existing formulas. where in the process is it that time consuming for coding in items with no game model. i mean hell you managed to fix the glowy effects on most of the items you broke within 2 hours.

(edited by Psychatog.8246)

Posted by: Tenebrous.2451

Tenebrous.2451

I miss carrion. That is all.

Thursday Tenebrous – Necro * Sunday Tenebrous – Hunter
Tenebrous Fivetree – Guardian
Zelots of Shiverpeaks (ZoS) – Northern Shiverpeaks

OutspokenAardvark.9781

Does anet really have so little control over there own game. i mean we aren’t even talking new item models here. just a icon that could realistically be a recycled old one with a new name and stat weights that combinations like valk already have a basis in game to build off of, as well as existing formulas. where in the process is it that time consuming for coding in items with no game model. i mean hell you managed to fix the glowy effects on most of the items you broke within 2 hours.

I agree completely but I’m content with the knowledge that I’m not getting stealth nerfed by Ascended gear. 

Rhyme – Commander
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I agree completely but I’m content with the knowledge that I’m not getting stealth nerfed by Ascended gear. 

You are not? I most certainy did get stealth-nerfed on Nov the 15th when i found out my eq is no longer BiS.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: achensherd.2735

achensherd.2735

Question: Might there be a quiver with celestial stats at some point?

Posted by: Cymatoperior.5942

Cymatoperior.5942

Will it come in the coming patch in a few days time? Im waiting for the carrion gear.

(edited by Cymatoperior.5942)

Posted by: sbr.8170

sbr.8170

So basically this was a lie.

Did they add some ascended items I missed? The quote from the dev says they will be in the next BATCH, not the next PATCH. Until they release ascended gear that is not Carrion or Valkyrie this is still a true statement.

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

If we have to live with ascended would you consider making them more like exotics? So we have the option to change the secondary. It would make your lives easier since you don’t need to build new combinations and make our lives easier since we could get the same primary and secondary stats we are used to.

OutspokenAardvark.9781

I doubt they’ll make Ascended gear more user friendly and smarter, purpleskies. If it’s too much effort to add every stat allocation, it’s almost definitely too much effort to switch the system back to something that makes sense and would treat everyone fairly.

Rhyme – Commander
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Tedrunning.1284

Tedrunning.1284

Still no carrion gear? I also feel stealth nerfed. This is just terrible.

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

So… at least another month without Valk/Carrion? >_<

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

It takes two months at least to make 14 icons and put stats on items and then, my God, add them to the vendor. Jeez, what were you guys thinking that they’d come out with this patch?!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

OutspokenAardvark.9781

The only thing we can do is keep posting in this until ANet responds again. I feel alienated and like the situation was misrepresented.

Rhyme – Commander
[TC] Tarnished Coast