Molten Alliance Pick, Sickle, and Logging Axe

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Q:

They have same effectiveness as Orichalcum ones but are endless, will the gathering quality rise up if a new tier of nodes comes to the game? (e.g. a new tier of ore)

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

A:

The item itself actually says Able to mine all metals, so it is quite unlikely that they would be unable to mine any possible higher tier.

I see, I’d still like a dev comment on this just to ensure.

On a second thought though, I think it’s unlikely they’ll release new node tiers because then they’d have to add new armor/weapon/etc tiers into the game and they promissed ascended would be the last of them.

You won’t get a dev response confirming, the response you will get is “We have no plans do add higher tiers right now, nor are we working on it. We cannot guarantee we will never add tiers, but it is currently not being worked on or considered.”

This sums it up pretty well:

“We have no plans do add higher tiers right now, nor are we working on it. We cannot guarantee we will never add tiers, but it is currently not being worked on or considered”

=)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The item itself actually says Able to mine all metals, so it is quite unlikely that they would be unable to mine any possible higher tier.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Valento.9852

On a second thought though, I think it’s unlikely they’ll release new node tiers because then they’d have to add new armor/weapon/etc tiers into the game and they promissed ascended would be the last of them.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

A new tier of nodes doesn’t necessarily need to lead to a new tier of gear. For example, one could imagine a new tier of nodes yielding resources used to craft statless gear with unique appearances to be used as skins. Or even town clothes, which would be neat.

Valento.9852

A new tier of nodes doesn’t necessarily need to lead to a new tier of gear. For example, one could imagine a new tier of nodes yielding resources used to craft statless gear with unique appearances to be used as skins. Or even town clothes, which would be neat.

Would that ever happen?
I’m intrigued, I might buy the Mining Pick just to ensure…

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

Would that ever happen?
I’m intrigued, I might buy the Mining Pick just to ensure…

While I would really like for it to happen, there’s no way I can comment on the likelihood of it. I can hope, though, can’t I?

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

It NCSoft has anything to say I don’t think they will ever add a new tier of Ore. At least I don’t think they have in any of their other games.

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

You won’t get a dev response confirming, the response you will get is “We have no plans do add higher tiers right now, nor are we working on it. We cannot guarantee we will never add tiers, but it is currently not being worked on or considered.”

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Posted by: Kangataz.6842

Kangataz.6842

has anyone notice a reduction in orichalcum ore prices due to the unlimited mining pick?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

It’d be completely illogical to add a new mining tier that the gem tools wouldn’t harvest, as a lot of people would be furious, so I’m pretty sure you shouldn’t be worrying about it.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

has anyone notice a reduction in orichalcum ore prices due to the unlimited mining pick?

Nope, looks steady.
http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/19701

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

There is an unlimited axe and sickle in the store? I cant find them…

Posted by: Wolfield.9812

Wolfield.9812

Haha that was awesome, even included the “no plans do add”

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

“We have no plans do add higher tiers right now, nor are we working on it. We cannot guarantee we will never add tiers, but it is currently not being worked on or considered”

=)

OMG it’s like a conspiracy or something. /sarcasm
:)
Very funny indeed.
Now, where are those tinfoil hats we asked for so many months ago? I just know you guys would sell a ton in the Gem store.

Can’t wait to get ahold of the endless sickle and axe. Never again to worry over which tool I had forgotten to buy.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

=)

Thank you for that….just LOL’d in my quite(atm) office. I needed that lol.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

There is an unlimited axe and sickle in the store? I cant find them…

They are not ingame yet, they are however in the dat-file so they are coming sooner or later.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Geotherma.2395

=)

OMG it’s like a conspiracy or something. /sarcasm
:)
Very funny indeed.
Now, where are those tinfoil hats we asked for so many months ago? I just know you guys would sell a ton in the Gem store.

Can’t wait to get ahold of the endless sickle and axe. Never again to worry over which tool I had forgotten to buy.

I’ve been found out…

::HIDES::

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

Valento.9852

Just don’t want to get a feeling of losing money, I’m buying the Mining Pick sir! but only the pick!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Geotherma.2395

Just don’t want to get a feeling of losing money, I’m buying the Mining Pick sir! but only the pick!

If you enjoy it, it was worth every penny, and not a waste