Mordrem Invasion Update 10 September

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Noxicon.4956

Noxicon.4956

I just wanted to clarify what it is that I and many others have asked, that is all. I’m super kittened off, as are many of my fellow gamers it would seem. I fail to see the harm that answering that simple question would do in this instant.

I’ve played GW since 2006. I’ve dealt with Anet a lot, and this behavior that we’ve seen in the last 6 months is sickening to me. I feel like the fans of this game deserve A LOT more than they are getting right now.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Indeed.

Still, it just feels more rewarding to be rewarded at the time, rather than an unknown sometime in the future. I’ve sort of lost interest until I hear rewards are actually be rewarded (at the time of play).

It also seems like a bit of a Gold Sink. Either spend a lot to waypoint around, or often just not make it to the events in time. Until I understand how much I’m earning per event, I think I’ll wait (a bit).

Yeah ive given up til tomorrow too. Plenty of other things to do, like stopping my Fallout Shelter population spiral out of control………

Just give it time man, soon you will be like the rest of us and just let your Tamagotchi’s die without a care…

Posted by: AlphaWolf.2709

AlphaWolf.2709

PATCH IN 10 MIN

Posted by: Xeno Mezphy.3145

Xeno Mezphy.3145

Same day. Good for you Anet.

Posted by: Blair.3796

Blair.3796

I’m wondering how we track lost progress. If we get rewards in a couple of days that’s great, but I want to know how many invasions I still have to do to get my rewards.

Posted by: Ooshi.8607

Ooshi.8607

Hope we get the XP from those missing events, I’ve spent the night doing events with my new engineer and got absolutely nothing to show for it.
I’m sure they will fix it so that we get the missing blooms but the missing XP would be nice as well especially if we are promoting these to the new players.

Posted by: yuD.3618

yuD.3618

still not get any reward for doing yesterday event

Posted by: Xeno Mezphy.3145

Xeno Mezphy.3145

• Rewards, if not received immediately, will be distributed to those who earned them in the next several days.

Oh so vague with those timeframes, but she also said the shop will stick around for a while so you shouldn’t miss out on anything because of it.

(edited by Xeno Mezphy.3145)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

• Rewards, if not received immediately, will be distributed to those who earned them in the next several days.

Oh so vague with those timeframes, but she also said the shop will stick around for a while so you shouldn’t miss out on anything because of it.

Well they have to write a filter to process the logs to see who gets them.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

It doesn’t scale high enough. Everything dies before I get a hit in.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Now I wonder if the map bonus is account or char bound anyone tested it?

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

Rewards are still broken.

1. There is no correct scaling, a friend got 9 stacks and got 30 total. A different friend got 19 stacks and scored a total of 25. I got 35 total with 26 stacks.
2. If you DC mid event, you will get zero reward even if you re-earn stacks.
3. Even aside from these issues the amount acquired is painfully low, plus very little experience and no loot drops whatsoever. I really wanted to pick up the Halo that I missed all that time ago. I simply don’t have enough time in a day to achieve it.

Side note: This is the first event available to the F2P’ers and they would be very hard pressed to tag events (also no experience or loot?), then there is the matter of the cost of the items (10g for Halo for example). I feel terrible for our new players, you guys can do better!

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

(edited by Kysin.6349)

Posted by: cdsmith.1072

cdsmith.1072

Still getting ZERO rewards. Getting GOLD level completion on every part of the event I have been a part of and NOTHING!

Posted by: Kedioran.2154

Kedioran.2154

Rewards check:
Map got 44 Events done
i had 29 events done
Reward: 10x blooms (for map) and 25 blooms + Chest (for own events)

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

As someone else said:
10 stacks, 5 blooms.
Takes 450 blooms to get both Grasp and Shoulders
4 Days, 1 Event per hour
90 hours
(minus 6 for sleep over 4 days)
5×90
MEANING
450 blooms total
If you take NO SLEEP

Unless they are only dropping like 1/6th the amount of blooms they originally wanted, they apparently thought people being able to get something like the shoulders & the gloves was FAR too easy/fun. I just don’t get that mentality. For something so grindy why not let ppl earn the whole dang list of rewards? it’s not a challenge, it’s not interesting, it doesn’t change much of anything to let us get a bunch of this stuff except that we’d have more fun.

Posted by: Shaman.2034

Shaman.2034

I can’t even get a single potion from the vendor without playing every day of the invasion for 16+ hours each day… ArenaNet, please rebalance either the rewards or the duration of the event, both if possible. Make it a full 2 weeks and increase the daily reward.

Posted by: cdsmith.1072

cdsmith.1072

And one more time with NOTHING! ran the entire map with friends. They BOTH got rewards. We all had gold level completion and I AM GETTING NOTHING!!!! Fix this stuff PLEASE! I even used a different character.

(edited by cdsmith.1072)

Posted by: pRogz.2301

pRogz.2301

Thanks for the event Anet, the shoulder skin looks amazing!

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Thanks for the event Anet, the shoulder skin looks amazing!

how the heck do you had time to get 225 blooms already?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I can’t even get a single potion from the vendor without playing every day of the invasion for 16+ hours each day… ArenaNet, please rebalance either the rewards or the duration of the event, both if possible. Make it a full 2 weeks and increase the daily reward.

I’ve only done the event once and got 25 blooms.

The most expensive reward item costs 450 blooms.

It would take 18 events, at 25 per event, to get 450 blooms. One event per hour. That means 18 hours over the course of the duration of the event. If the event is four days (correct me if I am mistaken) that would mean four and a half hours per day, each day.

Of course only half of that 18 hours would be spent in the event so one could play other content while waiting for the event to spawn.

Personally I think that is a bit high of a required time sink for the simple fact that collecting the 450 blooms doesn’t get you a reward, it grants you permission to buy a product. When something that is supposedly intended to be a reward consists of permission to spend money there is something wrong IMO.

EDIT: If the second chest of blooms is once per day, please disregard my calculations.

(edited by Ashen.2907)

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Can someone please clarify: do you get the map bonus each time or is it once per day for each zone?

Posted by: Ceriph.3518

Ceriph.3518

It’s a daily chest per map, so once per day

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Even if you did fix the rewards the amount of reward for the time required makes this a Korean grind; this is disgusting.

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

Hahaha, Anet didn’t even completely fix the bug. A bunch of people in my map just got no reward (and our stacks weren’t removed). This might be because we all dced halfway through the event (which was also nice—lost all our stacks!).

Way to go, Anet. Keep up that high quality software development.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

It’s a daily chest per map, so once per day

Ouch.

Please disregard my previous post about the rewards if the second chest is once per day.

Posted by: Necrid.2705

Necrid.2705

Someone did the math and its…. well, it’s straight up appauling…. Here is their direct quote > "The short of it is you get 5 blooms for 1-9, 10 blooms for 10-19, and 15 for 20-Infinity. If you haven’t done that map for that day, you also get a 20 bloom bonus chest.
The event lasts for 30 minutes on each map, with a 30 minute break between each map. So in 2.5 (4 if you look at the whole map rotation), you can get a max of 105 blooms.
In terms of event rewards, that’s 1 random mini and a Bag of Rare gear. …For 1.5 hours of actively playing and 1 hour of waiting around.
If you plan to grind more, the rate drops of dramatically since you don’t get the +20 chest any more; for every set of map rotations, you’ll only get +60 blooms.
Of the course of the 4 days, if you take advantage of all of the daily bonuses, without additional grinding, you’ll have a total of 420 blooms. It takes 450 to get one of the potions or to get a “set” of the Gloves/Shoulders. Even if you do something perfectly (2.5 hours a day for 4 days), you’ll be 30 blooms short and have to grind for 2 more hours.
It might not be so bad if there was some other reward, but you get no items, money, or XP for completing the event. Just blooms and one of two chests to either help you make Mawdrey or the Spinal Blades backpack.
Also, as a point of some silliness… Even if you play in EVERY EVENT for the 4 days, you’ll only have a max of 1320 blooms. (15 per map every 4 hours. 24 hour days with a +20 bonus chest. 45*(24/4)
20 = 330 blooms each day for 4 days.) That is 96 hours of “playing” (it’s mostly waiting, actually). <<

— Necrid — Ehmry Bay — [TML]/[oG] — Charrdian Main — All Classes
— [Twitch] twitch.tv/necrid2705 — [GW-EN] gw-en.com “Necrid and Chill”

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I’m certainly getting less reward than others with lower stacks than me. And the daily varies from 10 to 15, not the 20 that others seem to get.

While there’s definitely an issue with how the drops are calculated, an easier fix would be lower the cost of some of these items.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Fixed my kitten… another 20mins wasted running around like a headless chicken for no reward!

Posted by: commnagrom.8637

commnagrom.8637

This event is stupid, 0/10 Anet, you took something that should have been fun and made it a completely mindless grind, there is literally no reason to grind these events cause even with the bonus chests you could only grind a MAXIMUM of 240 blooms for 16 hours of work! That is ABYSMAL! that means of the three days we can do these evens you can get a maximum of 720 blooms for having to sleep 8-10 hours a day! are you ENCOURAGING people to not get enough sleep at night? that is dangerous thinking Anet!

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

Blooms:

4 days for daylies per map = 4×3×20 = 240 blooms
That means you need to get another 210 blooms through grind
Let’s say we play normally and not tag&run… that means we will always get 10-19 stacks which equal 10 blooms. In 4 hours (1 rotation + break) you therefor get 30 blooms.

To get the halo-potion you need EVERY DAYLY REWARD + 28 HOURS GRIND if you play casually.

Events not being rewarding:

If we take the point above into account we have a 28 hour grind without getting ANY gold, xp, karma, loot, fun. Furthermore you have constant waypoint costs and if you die you can repair your equip too. This means you are basically farmig all the time while loosing money and later even pay 10g more to get ONE item. Must be even more fun for new players.

Bugs:

There still seem to be bugs. People aren’t getting rewards after a disconnect. You loose all stacks afer disconnecting.

I regularly notice catapult-hits or bombs hitting the mark but not doing dmg. With bombs it is mostly when you are on higher terrain.

My 2 cent:

The event is as it is now.. there is nothing to change on short notice. But the fact that it is absolutely unrewarding and straight up BORING to grind for hours and hours, losing money and time, to get a ‘simple’ skin.

The easiest way to make it more rewarding would be to increase the blooms earned. You might add loot to give people immediate reward while grinding, but the blooms would be the core thing. I would really like to be able to get several items if I’m willing to 24/7 (with sleep) this 3 events over and over again.

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

Posted by: Death Stroke.9875

Death Stroke.9875

I have calculated that getting the MAXIMUM number of Blooms per event and doing EVERY event in the 72-hours you will get 1050 blooms (including the 240 from dailies), which means you could get both potions, or all of the skins, but not much else. Note that this means not getting any sleep except during the 1 hour between cycles.
While the mechanics of how blooms are rewarded is lower than what we would expect I would say that the ratio between the price of the items to ability to obtain the currency is the big issue.

(edited by Death Stroke.9875)

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Got nothing at all in Diessa just now. Worked on events on one side of the map only to disconnect at about 15 min left, lost all of my stacks. Tried to build them up again. Got 8 stacks by the end of the timer and what do I have? Absolutely nothing except disappointment and a broken heart.

I really wanted to like these events. I have no motivation to stay at events as mobs don’t drop loot. I don’t want to waypoint because the events don’t even compensate for waypoint costs (no loot, no event rewards).

and because I DCed for a second I got no rewards at all. Absolutely nothing. Not even a “failed” medal. I’m out waypoint costs for the few times I did waypoint and wound up with nothing at all.

Why should I bother doing this? The events themselves have neat mechanics but I don’t care because I could literally be doing anything else in the game and be better rewarded. Killing a hermit crab gives better loot. I can’t even build up bloodlust stacks because the mobs don’t even count as kills!

I may just pretend like you didn’t even release this content because all it does it upset me that I work to try and get a reward and wind up with less than nothing.

No thank you.

Posted by: AtomsOrSystems.9420

AtomsOrSystems.9420

Blooms:

4 days for daylies per map = 4×3×20 = 240 blooms
That means you need to get another 210 blooms through grind
Let’s say we play normally and not tag&run… that means we will always get 10-19 stacks which equal 10 blooms. In 4 hours (1 rotation + break) you therefor get 30 blooms.

To get the halo-potion you need EVERY DAYLY REWARD + 28 HOURS GRIND if you play casually.

Except that I, and I imagine a lot of people, only did one (or no) maps when everything was bugged and there were no apparent rewards. So that’s almost one full day’s less of dailies. Just something to keep in mind.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Someone did the math and its…. well, it’s straight up appauling…. Here is their direct quote > "The short of it is you get 5 blooms for 1-9, 10 blooms for 10-19, and 15 for 20-Infinity. If you haven’t done that map for that day, you also get a 20 bloom bonus chest.
The event lasts for 30 minutes on each map, with a 30 minute break between each map. So in 2.5 (4 if you look at the whole map rotation), you can get a max of 105 blooms.
In terms of event rewards, that’s 1 random mini and a Bag of Rare gear. …For 1.5 hours of actively playing and 1 hour of waiting around.
If you plan to grind more, the rate drops of dramatically since you don’t get the +20 chest any more; for every set of map rotations, you’ll only get +60 blooms.
Of the course of the 4 days, if you take advantage of all of the daily bonuses, without additional grinding, you’ll have a total of 420 blooms. It takes 450 to get one of the potions or to get a “set” of the Gloves/Shoulders. Even if you do something perfectly (2.5 hours a day for 4 days), you’ll be 30 blooms short and have to grind for 2 more hours.
It might not be so bad if there was some other reward, but you get no items, money, or XP for completing the event. Just blooms and one of two chests to either help you make Mawdrey or the Spinal Blades backpack.
Also, as a point of some silliness… Even if you play in EVERY EVENT for the 4 days, you’ll only have a max of 1320 blooms. (15 per map every 4 hours. 24 hour days with a +20 bonus chest. 45*(24/4)
20 = 330 blooms each day for 4 days.) That is 96 hours of “playing” (it’s mostly waiting, actually). <<

Sadly this doesn’t even address the amount of gold one will end up spending to WP all over the place for hours and hours.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

G W 2 is becoming G R I N D.

yoh…… since they decided to be a competitiv game like others, things are changing.

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

Event is:

• not fun
  • not rewarding
  • very grindy
  • time consuming

I was happy to have a new event, but this is not up to par.

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

i had all the high end rewards….so because there is no loot from mobs, there is literally no reason to play this event for me. it would cost me far too much in wp costs. i can do these same type of events in other maps and make money.

this is why the halloween labyrinth works better…….mobs dropped loot aside from the “currency” used to earn vendor rewards…and even then the candycorn has other uses.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Story wise this would have been so interesting.

The Pact invades Mordy’s home and now he’s mad.
So he decides to do the same.
We as valiant heroes, take up the charge to stop the darkness from taking over.

However in game it turned into a massive zerg tagging an event, moving to the next one, and hoping the previous ones end successfully before the timer runs out.

Rewards-wise, it just was not rewarding. Too few blooms for too high of a price in order to get something at least worthwhile. Also none of the Champions dropped anything, in fact no mobs dropped anything.

This type of event should not be repeated on ANet’s maps. We need to strike a better balance between rewards and time. We now have F2P folks coming into these maps and we don’t want this game to seem like a not fun, grindy, boring mess.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

The event I am finding to be fun. Let the cowards just tag and run, in the end, i had the better experience, and that what count to me.

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

It would be soooo easy to make the rewards appropriate. It took me basically 1min to come up with this:

1-15 total events completed:
Players get 1 bloom per buff-stack

16-30 total events completed:
Players get 2 blooms per buff-stack

31-50 total events completed:
Players get 3 blooms per buff-stack

>51 total events completed:
Players get 4 blooms per buff-stack

Numbers could be tweaked but I would say this would be a lot better than what we currently have. It takes into account the personal performance and the performance of all players on the map.

Now I’ll go to bed and hope something changed when I’m up again gn8

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

(edited by Starfall.6425)

Posted by: Death Stroke.9875

Death Stroke.9875

It would be soooo easy to make the rewards appropriate. It took me basically 1min to come up with this:

1-15 total events completed:
Players get 1 bloom per buff-stack

16-30 total events completed:
Players get 2 blooms per buff-stack

31-50 total events completed:
Players get 3 blooms per buff-stack

>51 total events completed:
Players get 4 blooms per buff-stack

Numbers could be tweaked but I would say this would be a lot better than what we currently have. It takes into account the personal performance and the performance of all players on the map.

Now I’ll go to bed and hope something changed when I’m up again gn8

Yes! Defiantly better than the current way and it would give motivation to make sure the events are done fast rather than tag and run.

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

Hopefully there is an event time to cover OCX/SEA and EU timezones too? Yes?

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

51 total events completed:
Disconnect
Players get 0 blooms per buff-stack

:)

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

The Aetherblades invasion was 3648616481648555899 times better than this. We were expecting a boss at the end. That would be nice. After so many months keeping us dry you could’ve done better. Anyway, still waiting for Halloween fest.

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Posted by: Shalien.9018

Shalien.9018

It’s still not working 100%

I did 3 invasions after the fix. On the first two, at the end of the event I lost the stacked buff showing how many events I completed and got the blooms. On the third event the stack remained when the timer hit 0 and I got no reward chest. I waited on the map for about 10 minutes hoping that It’d trigger but it did not.

Everyone in my party got credit for the third event and according to map chat I was the only person who didn’t get the reward.

Shalien Ascendant [SL]
Sanctum of Rall
Check out our Recruitment Video

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

This sounds really bad. I was suspecting it to be something like 5 blooms per stack which would have been okay since the rewards are so very expensive and we have only 4 days to do them, of which 1 day was already lost. But having to do them almost around the clock just to get something…? Right..

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

Didn’t like it, felt like you were working very hard for nothing. Getting drops as you kill things (even with crap RNG) feels way more rewarding. Hopefully this is not what we are going to see in HoT.

Posted by: Dennis.8157

Dennis.8157

Good. So i should get my rewards soon since i did that event two times with no rewards

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

Still no rewards for the event I did today even after the patch and this many hours… Pretty fail honestly..

0/10
Very disappointing.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

So ANET, your patch earlier didn’t fix getting kitten’d out of rewards if you disconnect. Even if you manage to get 10 stacks back after reconnecting, you end up with no reward for the event.

You NEED to extend this event by another 4 days, minimum if you’re going to keep the reward and event timers balanced this way. The way you have it set up now is straight up malicious to the players who have to sacrifice time they could spend doing events that reward more than currency that will only be useful for these 4 days.

Do you honestly expect people who can only play for an hour or so a day to be able to get anything from this? The time per day required is absolutely ridiculous with rewards so low, costs so high, and so freaking little time that the event is available.