Mordrem Invasion Update 10 September

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tipsy Sally.6051

Tipsy Sally.6051

A thought on getting the reward for events that we did complete within several days : Most of us did a set of map events and gave up completely and went on to doing what we usually do in the game. I tagged a a few events, got completely bored, and left for dungeons. So if we have to build up the incredibly high amount of blooms which various people here have calculated, I’d never even get there, because I skipped pretty much the entire first day of the events.

So, sure, it’s nice that you want to give people their reward later, but I think most of us won’t really have much of a “reward” incoming. Additionally, if the rewards stay as described here, I certainly know we won’t be taking part, as this is completely out of proportion.

On the one hand you have the new players, who cannot really participate as they can’t even hit anything (much less multiple events) so quickly. They probably don’t even have the gold to hop around the multiple waypoints required to tag the majority of events, much less understand how the train works.

Yet on the other hand, the veterans are also out of luck, as this event is NOT challenging. It’s just a lesser version of Silverwastes event farming, but much too easy (they die in less than a second… come on…) with no reward. I’d really much rather go to the SW, personally. At least there they don’t die in less than a second each.
—-

I think it’s quite genius how both parties have gotten the short end of the stick with this event..

Posted by: Saurus.1478

Saurus.1478

This is a bit mental to be honest. If i would like to get two items for 225 (f.e. toxic) i would have to play each map every day (not a problem) and 6 extra hours… this is a bit much, don’t you think ? Grinding for 6 hours every day, with 30 minutes break just for nothing, is not possible for everyone… Kinda annoying.

Posted by: arsleo.7813

arsleo.7813

dont wanna last 3-5 mins DC.. aNet pls fixed game crash…

you are the apple of my eye…

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

I also thought i was bad in math but the devs at anet are even worse than me.

4 hours per day to grind a map all four days long is not enough to get selfless potion

holy …. math

max profit:

(4days* 15 event token + 4days*20 daily token)* 3 areas= 420 token in 4hours (incl 30 min cd with no event on it )

still need 30 token = another 3hrs grind

4 days= 96hrs
4hours for daily= 12hours + 3hours extra grind (but fairly you can sleep all half hour^^)

15 hours ot of 96 hours only for one of the potion . seems fair

this is really the way you intented it? O.o

and i guess there is only 1% of players that do this event cause its so well designed, for all others this mindless grind would be only worth is it would be worthwhile

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Posted by: The Analogue Kid.3896

The Analogue Kid.3896

Decisions on events like this really need to be examined more closely. Was there any need for this at all, it looks rushed and clumsy at best. After the pre-purchase debacle it beggars belief another mistake is made. Seriously guys, i care, i care a lot about GW2 but this is even having a strain on my patience oO.

Posted by: Dorian.8542

Dorian.8542

my suggestion is to either raise the bloom gain from events (double), lower the cost of the items (by at least half), or extend the event by four days. what you are expecting of us is rediculous Anet.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Okay I just did my first one and got 25 blooms and a vine cover chest.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

Okay I just did my first one and got 25 blooms and a vine cover chest.

yes cause of daily chest

you got 20 for daily and 5 for 30 min event

next time (on this day) with same number on participated events you will only get 5 tokens for 30 min

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Gaille-

Thanks for the info. While we all realize a certain amount of RNG is involved is there some formula to ballpark what we should be getting. For example, out of playing 3 events (sorry, I did not keep track of how many invasions in each one) I got nothing at the end of the first one, 5 blooms and a box at the end of the second, and nothing at the end of the third. I can possibly see nada after your first event but the third was a complete mystery: I was probably in more individual invasions then the other two combined (and what are these stacks people are talking about).

I want to know if I have a good shot at the # of blooms I want or not. If not I have some other weekend priorities in-game. If yes, I want to know when I can frantically stop running around.

This is why people are upset with ‘trust us, you will get your rewards later’. We honestly have no idea how much level of work means.

What it boils down to is a simple question. Is it ‘if you grind 24/day, every day, you have a shot’ or is it ‘if you just have fun a couple hours every day you have a shot’?

Thanks

Menadena.7482

Hope we get the XP from those missing events, I’ve spent the night doing events with my new engineer and got absolutely nothing to show for it.
I’m sure they will fix it so that we get the missing blooms but the missing XP would be nice as well especially if we are promoting these to the new players.

The lack of XP when promoting this to new players (level 25 I think it was?) is also odd. When leveling a character EVERYTHING is about XP. To ask me to give up half my XP time with my new character for the weekend is a HUGE ask. Occasionally I will get lucky and get points from an adjacent event but otherwise I will not make the planned progress.

You might also want to look at the starter level as well. My latest character is twice your recommended minimum and is dying constantly. It is not my latest character either … I would expect that kind of result at that point if she decided to explore the SW but not Diessa. What about the level 15s that are in there doing normal stuff and one of these events starts next to them?

Menadena.7482

You NEED to extend this event by another 4 days, minimum if you’re going to keep the reward and event timers balanced this way. The way you have it set up now is straight up malicious to the players who have to sacrifice time they could spend doing events that reward more than currency that will only be useful for these 4 days.

Do you honestly expect people who can only play for an hour or so a day to be able to get anything from this? The time per day required is absolutely ridiculous with rewards so low, costs so high, and so freaking little time that the event is available.

If they do extend it it would have to be on weekends. Those of us who, oh, have jobs or school, only get a few hours a day in the game as it is. Extending it a few weekdays would only reward the people who can be at home all day while giving the rest of us mostly nothing.

I am trying to level a character who is right now in the low 50s. She gave up half of her time yesterday for 5 blossoms, no drops, no XP, and no time for using resource nodes. Please give a reason why she should not go back to her normal game play for the weekend?

Posted by: ballrog.5782

ballrog.5782

Even WITH the fixed rewards, the rate at which they can be gathered is severely underwhelming…
Unless of course we’re going to have more opportunities other than this weekend to gather them?

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Unless this gets fixed right….the Mordrem can have these zones. The events themselves are good but so far after doing 3 invasions before the “fix” and one after I still have nothing to show for it.

Digging up dirt in Minecraft is more rewarding.

Posted by: LaFleur.9374

LaFleur.9374

Since all these personal stacks are doing is encouraging very selfish play by hopping between events and only tagging a few mobs could you lower the number of stacks required to be eligible for the max rewards?

Such as:
• 0-3 stacks = 0 blooms
• 4-5 stacks = 5 blooms
• 6-7 stacks = 10 blooms
• 8-9 stacks = 15 blooms
• 10+ stacks = 20 blooms

Would discourage people hopping between events as much. A better solution would be to make the stacks a map-wide counter and personal stacks would only make you eligible for the reward.

As it is this is teaching the new players a very horrible way to play the game and isn’t promoting group and team play at all.

Posted by: BeckaPL.2670

BeckaPL.2670

I feel like they should just make the rewards map wide but also add the normal event rewards for bronze, silver and gold contribution. Give people an actual incentive to stay and help the event

Posted by: John.5732

John.5732

This event is still glitched for me. I do not receive experience from killing enemies, I do not receive drops from enemies I kill, I do not receive experience, karma, or gold from completed events, and enemies do not count as kills for sigils, runes, and traits.

Please work on a fix asap.

Leader of the Kingdom of [Shu] Guild
Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

This event is still glitched for me. I do not receive experience from killing enemies, I do not receive drops from enemies I kill, I do not receive experience, karma, or gold from completed events, and enemies do not count as kills for sigils, runes, and traits.

What you describe are not glitches. That seems to be working as intended.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I think that it’s on purpose and not a bug. Which is super stupid IMO.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

No xp, no karma, no loot from kills? And mostly no end reward? Retroactive or not, no thanks. I hope participants get what they want from the merchant, but I just can’t bring myself to do this event. See you in the rest of Tyria

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

Since all these personal stacks are doing is encouraging very selfish play by hopping between events and only tagging a few mobs could you lower the number of stacks required to be eligible for the max rewards?

Such as:
• 0-3 stacks = 0 blooms
• 4-5 stacks = 5 blooms
• 6-7 stacks = 10 blooms
• 8-9 stacks = 15 blooms
• 10+ stacks = 20 blooms

Would discourage people hopping between events as much. A better solution would be to make the stacks a map-wide counter and personal stacks would only make you eligible for the reward.

As it is this is teaching the new players a very horrible way to play the game and isn’t promoting group and team play at all.

Even that wouldn’t help, people are happily announcing they are AFKing once they hit 20 stacks 15 minutes into the event.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

At this point I’ll probably just afk after hitting 10 stacks because why bother? Why should I waypoint more to tag 10 more events for 5 blooms? That’s just more loss for me.

for 30 minutes, just the mordrem events and this is all you get? No karma, no xp, no coin. Nothing else.

Attachments:

Posted by: jesters.9406

jesters.9406

I really wanted to enjoy this event but unforunately it seems to be trying to do too many things and not compensating effectively.

For new players, there’s no explanation and just a bunch of max-level characters rushing around trying to get hits on events in maps that are densely populated for short periods of time which makes them prone to DCing and lag. The rewards are also tailored to us max-level people, and while I really like the ability to get Season 1/Gem store rewards again through a non-gold/gems route this has, regrettably, been poorly executed.

For those of us caught in DC sweeps, either the rewards are less than they would have been or we get none at all (like others, I also got DC’d with stacks, lost them, made some back but got no reward at the end.)

I don’t understand why there couldn’t be a combination of the way rewards are given on SW (a chest at the end of each event with bonus chests here and there) and the Halloween/Wintersday events (farm particular areas/monsters who also drop the temporary currency.)

I really like the events themselves and the idea, but in its current state the event overall is inaccessible, stressful, and poorly conceived.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Gratz on creating a tag and leave leachfest event, where everyone plays selfishly, new meta? oh man /facepalm

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Even that wouldn’t help, people are happily announcing they are AFKing once they hit 20 stacks 15 minutes into the event.

People that go AFK will always exist. Al least with this system people that want the reward like me will help more because I will not need to leech as much.

It make no sense to incentivize people to leech.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: pandora.8475

pandora.8475

Such as:
• 0-3 stacks = 0 blooms
• 4-5 stacks = 5 blooms
• 6-7 stacks = 10 blooms
• 8-9 stacks = 15 blooms
• 10+ stacks = 20 blooms

Your wrong
• 0-3 stacks = 0 blooms
• 4-5 stacks = 0blooms
• 6-7 stacks = 5blooms
• 8-9 stacks =10 blooms
• 10+ stacks = 10 blooms
That other thing is just a once day

Posted by: LaFleur.9374

LaFleur.9374

Your wrong
• 0-3 stacks = 0 blooms
• 4-5 stacks = 0blooms
• 6-7 stacks = 5blooms
• 8-9 stacks =10 blooms
• 10+ stacks = 10 blooms
That other thing is just a once day

You didn’t even read my post, it was a proposed change not how it currently works.

Also “you’re” not “your”.

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

By far… the worse event ever created by ANET.
Gameplay:
Boring as hell.
Exp: 0 yoi dont see you exp go up so you dont see a point on killing the mobs or champions or vets or anything at all.
Gold: 0 you dont earn any gold from mobs so again you dont see the point of killing anything.
Loot: 0 not even the champs drop loot bags. Nothing..
Lions arch event was great.. had an awesome reward system.
Scartlet invasion was an AWESOME EVENT very similar and still A MILLION TIMES BETTER. Why? Because when you give ppl loot and exp you give them a purpose. You give them a goal.
Now back to this “event”
The things you can BUY from npc since they are not rewards… you are LOSING MONEY in this event.
It would be ok if there was anything new and actually new on that npc… but nope.. you failed even at this.. added old stuff.. it is like if you had nothing to give players and than just got a bunch of old pieces of event.. put them together without caring and released.. few hours later noticed ot was bugged and not even the “rewards” were working and had to patch it over again..
For a moment during BWE where ppl are questioning decisions… prices and stuff being done…
Plz next time..take longer if needed.. but launch a descent event..
I got out of event..
Took a brief look at the npc and deleted the blossoms.. never going back into it..
Score for the event: 0/10
Grats.

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

Even after the patch, this is the worst “event” ever in terms of reward, challenge, and interest. Boring enemies, terrible-paltry rewards for time invested… really, truly, poorly presented for newbies, if this event had occurred before I bought the expansion, I would not have laid down money for hot.

1. - Needs a progression / final event like scarlet invasions.
  2. - Mobs should drop loot.
  3. - Credit only given to people who actually participate in an event instead of tagging-and-running.

And what’s worse? No communication from ANet addressing the concerns above, even though a lot of people have raised them.

If ANet wants GW2 to appeal to selfish farmers, they’ve done a great job.

Please fix this.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Bugs:

There still seem to be bugs. People aren’t getting rewards after a disconnect. You loose all stacks afer disconnecting.

This isn’t a bug as event credit is like that for everything since the game was launched. It’s just how they desigbed the system for how people get credit. People have suggested for there to be a grace period in the past.

Posted by: Tichi.8641

Tichi.8641

soooo i just did my first invasion… didn’t get any reward… i had 10 stacks when invasion ended

i know i should be getting something + daily reward… what gives?

Posted by: neekaneeks.3865

neekaneeks.3865

If this is the new style of events because you changed the game to Free to Play. IT’S AWFUL!

Posted by: Stormy Malaise.9742

Stormy Malaise.9742

This event is a disappointment. Not encouraging in any way to buy HoT if this what ANet’s efforts amount to now.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

This sounds really bad. I was suspecting it to be something like 5 blooms per stack which would have been okay since the rewards are so very expensive and we have only 4 days to do them, of which 1 day was already lost. But having to do them almost around the clock just to get something…? Right..

Yeah that’s what a lot of us thought when Gaile said more events meant more rewards.
Technically that’s true, but not in any way we imagined.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Whelp… ya wanna know who REALLY to blame for this reward fiasco?

I’ll help ya out.

Go to your bathroom. Look in the mirror. Point and say, “It’s YOUR fault!”

We were the ones that chased scaled up champions during the Aetherblade event for the sake of personal rewards over the meta-event. So, ArenaNet killed the entire mobs dropping loot bit from these sort of events.

We were the ones that parked ourselves in various corners of Lion’s Arch and went AFK while the other half of the players scrambled to complete the requirements that we then complained we didn’t get. So, ArenaNet stopped tying the biggest rewards to overall completion.

Everything you are seeing here has been made in anticipation of how players have tried to game the system in the past. And the result is an unholy nightmare.

Now, that said… perhaps ArenaNet needs to understand that us players simply can’t just play this sort of frantic “zone wide” event straight up, and that there’s going to be a massive group of people looking for the path of least resistance. Maybe the answer is more events like Vinewraith and Marionette, and less like this.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I think this has been said before, but:

you enter an event as a new player and you think well this is it
you finalize the last one kill and you get no reward -.-
they you retry twice to see if it’s patched….

Then the next day you get your patch and you think well lets do this I only need 450 for a halo… should be doable and you get 20 once a day and 5 more for every full 5 plants you kill with new players with green and blue gear…

And you think what the F… am I doing here ? this last 4 days …. I have 4 hours a day so I farm 75-105 blooms a day if I try my utter best , so.. I ’m stuck at 300, maybe 420 if I get those few from thursday… leaving this event a waste of 4 days playing if you do want the halo and if you have a life. By this time it feels depressing, but you might farm 2 hours a day more. killing 6 hours of your day for 4 days.

Then upon receiving all 450 blooms you notice you also need 10 gold for the halo whcih is unaffordable by newer players … also because NO critter whatsoever drops anything of value….. At this time deinstalling your gw2 computer is moust plausible…

For me as an experienced it’s simple I did the daily and looked at it and thought:
I still have 3 halo’s and 1 thoughtless potion….
I have all 4 spinalbladebacks unlocked, check….

I think I’ll leave it, I still need the 3 maps on some alts and I’ll run them through these area’s and get the dailies…. lost event. I was hel;ping 2 new players, 1 said he was very dissapointed, the othe said He’d move on to another game, cause this simple buuged grindfest was more pain then it was worth and consequently then he wanted.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Gwenlian.4781

Gwenlian.4781

I’m mostly bummed that the mobs don’t drop any loot at all. I did a few rounds, but I’m not finding it rewarding enough to keep going I got 85 blooms so far in 2 days and I have work and a social life and don’t have the time to grind 24/7…

Posted by: Ooshi.8607

Ooshi.8607

Gratz on creating a tag and leave leachfest event, where everyone plays selfishly, new meta? oh man /facepalm

That’s not really his fault, it took me and I’m sure loads of other players a few minutes into the first event to realise that tagging and moving on was the most efficient way for maximizing the amount of stacks gained.
Whoever designed this event had a lot more time than us to reach the same conclusion but still left the design this way. So as far as I’m concern maybe this is exactly the way that they wanted us to play it, the other option is that whoever designed this is not very bright.
If was me designing it I would have restricted the event to just one area of the map and make us work towards some sort of final goal instead of this boring zerg fest.
If normal mobs had a chance to drop blooms, copper a guaranteed 1 bloom, silver 2 and gold mobs 3 it would also incentivise people to stick around.
Finally, no XP on kill / completion of event is completely idiotic on an event aimed at new players. And forget if you’re a casual player and can only play a couple hours a day, all of this running around to get a few essence of luck,….
This unfortunately just feels like it was not very well planned at all.

Posted by: Prowler.9150

Prowler.9150

There is rumor from the EU side that the rewards will possibly be scaled. I think this will benefit players such as myself who have work during the day on weekends. I have already done a few map rotations (including during the bugged period) and would appreciate some form of feedback regarding scaling from the NA side and replacement of lost blooms.

Update on the Mordrem Invasion Event — 1:45 PM Pacific 9/10:

Some of you have asked about rewards for defeating the Mordrem during their attempts to invade Kessex Hills, Brisban Wildlands, and Diessa Plateau. Here’s some info from the dev team:

• Rewards scale with the number of Mordrem incursions you help defeat.
  • There also is a daily map bonus for repelling invasions.
  • Remember that a rewards issue currently is being addressed and we hope to have a fix for that soon.
  • Rewards, if not received immediately, will be distributed to those who earned them in the next several days.
  • NPCs will remain in place for a period of time after the event so that you can exchange blooms for items. An NPC will remain in the Priory for a few months, at least, so you’ll be able to make the exchanges you need to make.

Posted by: korasukage.9315

korasukage.9315

Anet … we need an update. Do not remain silent on this matter. The event can still be salvaged. As it stands now some of the most sought after items are impossible to obtain without spending 10+ hours a day grinding. The reward system requires a revamp as well as the length of period the event is running. Address these issues so that those longtime players as well as new players can enjoy themselves.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Anet … we need an update. Do not remain silent on this matter. The event can still be salvaged. As it stands now some of the most sought after items are impossible to obtain without spending 10+ hours a day grinding. The reward system requires a revamp as well as the length of period the event is running. Address these issues so that those longtime players as well as new players can enjoy themselves.

If those exclusive rewards from the previous Living Story releases were instead made available for 100G from the vendor, and the event rewarded about 10G an hour, would you still have an issue?

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Whelp… ya wanna know who REALLY to blame for this reward fiasco?

I’ll help ya out.

Go to your bathroom. Look in the mirror. Point and say, “It’s YOUR fault!”

We were the ones that chased scaled up champions during the Aetherblade event for the sake of personal rewards over the meta-event. So, ArenaNet killed the entire mobs dropping loot bit from these sort of events.

We were the ones that parked ourselves in various corners of Lion’s Arch and went AFK while the other half of the players scrambled to complete the requirements that we then complained we didn’t get. So, ArenaNet stopped tying the biggest rewards to overall completion.

Everything you are seeing here has been made in anticipation of how players have tried to game the system in the past. And the result is an unholy nightmare.

Now, that said… perhaps ArenaNet needs to understand that us players simply can’t just play this sort of frantic “zone wide” event straight up, and that there’s going to be a massive group of people looking for the path of least resistance. Maybe the answer is more events like Vinewraith and Marionette, and less like this.

Yeah, can’t really argue with this. It wasn’t everybody really but enough people doing it to ruin things for everyone else.

But thinking about the reward structure, 20 events to get max reward.
That’s kind of hard to do with large crowds, lots of commander tags bringing people together and scaling events up. It encourages the tag-n-run style to get the best you can get.
So if they wanted to curtail that behavior that threshold should have been lower.
Imagine instead of 20 it was 10, much easier to get to so a lot less people will feel the need to tag-n-run to get max rewards.
On the flipside, if getting ten means you get nothing for further contribution then many are going to hit ten and just afk in a corner.
Even adding map based rewards based on total events won’t help.
Either their reward is based on their contribution, and people will find way to contribute more, or its not and they have zero reason to keep going after a certain point.
Can’t hit 20 events? Fine, I’ll stop at 10 and sit in a corner, and justify it as helping others do more events by not showing up and scaling them up.

This is all ignoring the per event rewards being asininely low as well.
That just reinforces the gotta max my reward at all costs mentality.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: korasukage.9315

korasukage.9315

If those exclusive rewards from the previous Living Story releases were instead made available for 100G from the vendor, and the event rewarded about 10G an hour, would you still have an issue?

I just want a balanced method of obtaining rewards. I don’t really care how its done. What I don’t want is to grind for hours upon hours. I more than understand making something difficult to get. However, when an event is time gated you must weigh that against rewards gained. Especially when one of the rewards is a currency.

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

Terrible..
Just that.
Oh and the so annoumced " guilds will be recruing all over the place" yeah right.
1-Serious guilds will be telling newbplayers to leave the area and go farm ANYWHERE else since it is better rewarding.
2- troll guilds will be trolling elsewhere since anet trolled to kitten this event and they cant compete.
3- rp guilds will be elsewhere bexause thisvis a tag and run event with no story and no attachment to it…
4- farming guilds will be elsewhere cause there is noway to farm there.
So there is just no guilds involved..
Yay

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Another event, another screw up by Anet, not surprising.
This event would have been better if it was 2 weeks long.
Anet really has no idea on how to properly reward players for time spent in the game.

I want the scarlet and toxic skin sets, but the time required in the limited time is just ridiculous, the queen’s pavilion was better than this, couldn’t even use that as a template?

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: Death Stroke.9875

Death Stroke.9875

I want the scarlet and toxic skin sets, but the time required in the limited time is just ridiculous, the queen’s pavilion was better than this, couldn’t even use that as a template?

If you haven’t started super farming it is now impossible to earn enough to get both skin sets

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Easy fix to make this a plausible event?

- Make the required events within the meta for maximum tokens 10, not 20. There is no plausible way of reaching 20 without being a selfish jerk and speeding around the map tagging one-two enemies before speeding off to the next event. This does not promote working together at all.

- Make each event within the meta spawn a Champion at the end that drops additional tokens (+ a champ bag perhaps). An incentive to stick with the event until the end. You can more often than not reach 10 events within the 30 minute window. 20 is impossible unless you zip around and don’t contribute for more than tagging. That’s right.. not contributing gets you max reward output. Backwards much?

- Make it a shorter wait period between maps. Waiting half an hour doing nothing is terribly boring. Sure, it’s nice that they rotate, it’s nice that it has a tiny window for players to gather up, but 30 minutes is just too long. At the very least make it every 15 minutes, meaning if it, e.g., started at 1pm, it ends at 1:30pm, and it starts again on the next map 1:45pm, lasts until 2:15pm, starts again at 2:30pm for the third map, etc.—we can figure that out just fine. Or just have a timer that states when it starts on the next map.

- Lower the Gold cost. This is clearly an event for new players. There’s no way they can afford 10 Gold, not to mention multiple times. It’s already grindy enough.
____

Personally I don’t need/want any of the rewards. I have all the skins, I got my Selfless- and Thoughtless Potions. But I sure want to see people able to earn stuff without being frustrated.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I’m not convinced in the slightest that the goal was to allow players to get all the rewards in these four days. It sounds like, to me at least, that the end rewards were designed for veterans of Season 1 to pick up the few items they missed during the original launch.

But if THAT was the case, it REALLY needed to be communicated better.

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

Not bothering with this event for the following reasons:
1) Mobs involved with event should drop loot. Kill a champ and no champ loot, WTF Anet! Better off farming in Silverwastes. Take a hint Anet when you see participation of this event drop dramatically. Also, world boss event mobs should drop loot.
2) Bloom drop rate failure continues. Also, the bloom drops should occurs per vine event and not ala your stack methods. If HoT does this same thing you will lose many customers.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

But can you imagine how fast this would have been resolved if the event was giving out too many rewards?

Players not getting loot = low priority
Players getting too much loot = PANIC!

They are right quick to fix things when it’s not in favor of the house.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

I joined in on the action last night, I get that rewards are bugged, BUT also, I kept getting only bronze rating. I just simply couldn’t get to the events fast enough. And when I did, I was lucky to exchange any blows. As a hammer, mace/focus guardian once again I’m left in the dust.
Now once I get my Longbow….