Mordrem Invasion Update: 11 September 12:30 PM

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

We have been tracking player response and recognize that this event has not gone as intended. We’re at a point where we can’t change anything more about this event for this weekend without risk to the greater portion of the game. We also are going to postpone our plans to organize an in-game event around the Mordrem Invasion this afternoon. Instead, we’re going to continue to monitor for your feedback and collect information that will help us improve on these types of events going forward.

We are aware of an issue where if you disconnect during the event you will not be able to rejoin. If you experience this, you will be able to participate in the events that follow the one from which you disconnected. For instance, if you were disconnected during the Kessex Hills incursion, you’ll be able to get into the next stage when it takes place in Diessa Plateau.

As we mentioned yesterday, we will be taking care of those of you who did not get your rewards, so look for those in your in-game mail in the coming days.

We encourage all of you who’ve participated in the Mordrem Invasion to please share your constructive thoughts on how we can improve on these types of experiences in the future. Please share your ideas and suggestions in this thread.

Thank you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Norrag.8756

Norrag.8756

This event sucks so much even the devs don’t want to play it with us cries

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Thanks for the update!

Hopefully you guys can learn from this event for HoT.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

" We also are going to postpone our plans to organize an in-game event around the Mordrem Invasion this afternoon."

Aww

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Thanks for the reply Gaile and being honest about its failure.

I presume there is no chance of upping the bloom numbers, just so that those who are involving themselves can get something? Or at least reducing the vendors requirements.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Thank you for the honest response to this.

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

Seeing as how it came off as the usual “Zerg from point to point” and “WP if you’re dead,” I said forget it and I don’t even want the rewards that I didn’t get.

You REALLY need to work on those “Zerg” and “WP if dead” problems.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Would love to see either this made a regular weekend event or have this particular event extended to a week or more, to accommodate the people who can’t endlessly grind for the blooms due to work commitments.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

Anet increased the bloom in yesterday update and they saying they can’t fix it.

Is it you can’t or you won’t?

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

You can’t do a patch to increase the rewards, or to decrease the cost of the items for sale? I think that would do a lot to make players happier with the event.

In the future, while I understand why you don’t want mobs to drop loot, I do think they should give XP, and events should give karma, xp, and coin. And possibly, make it so that the waypoints are cheaper to use. You could even justify it in game by saying that the ausrans are being forced by the pact to allow waypoint usage for free for the duration of the event. This may not be applicable for other events, but I think mobs giving xp, and finishing events giving karma, exp, and coin is.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

If the event could last more time… but I appreciate all the honesty.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

They actually fixed a bug that was making the bloom amounts not distribute as intended. They didn’t arbitrarily pick a number to increase to.

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

Boring enemies, terrible-paltry rewards for time invested…

- Needs a progression / final event like Scarlet invasions.
- Mobs should drop loot.
- Boring, repetitive, nothing but frantic running about. Boring.
- Very weak rewards. Very, very weak. Lousy, actually.
- Give credit only to people who actually participate in an event instead of rewarding those who just tag-and-run.
- The DC issue is getting worse on some systems. It is not always our internet connections.

If ANet wants GW2 to appeal to selfish farmers, they’ve done a great job.
Please fix this.

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

question: do you want the constructive feedback here or in another thread?

Posted by: Exile.2745

Exile.2745

The problem with the event is it did not cater to any particular audience. Veterans didn’t see the point and new players just couldn’t afford to take part even if they wanted to — and if they did they would quickly realize the rewards were not going to help them in any way progress their character.

Clearly the intention was to do something fun but fun doesn’t just happen, you can’t just bundle a load of food into a pot and call it a meal. Needs herbs n stuff.

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

This event is really bad. Nothing to comment.

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

biggest issues I’ve noticed are;

• Rewards from events are too low/cost of rewards from vendors are too high
  • Rewards from the vendors cost gold as well as the blooms, but as the mobs drop no loot there is no way to gain any sort of gold to offset this cost through participation (which blocks off many of the rewards from the newer players)
  • the rewards are better if you just tag a few mobs and move on (only way to reach 20+ stacks) with no extra incentive to stick around and actually defeat the event as the zerg will inevitably show up and destroy it at some point… there should be a better reward for people being there start to finish
  • (related) the reward from tagging 10 events with bronze participation vs 10 events with gold participation are equal
    *many of the mobs die too fast when there is a lot of people there, there’s been many times as a staff ele my auto attack has been too slow to land on any mobs at an event that i got to near the start and was there till the end (mainly the one with the poison area around) \

That is everything I can think of currently off the top of my head, but it basically boils down to the amount of work/grinding required vs the rewards available is far too high.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

so thats that then… well no green spinal blades for me then… Oh well..would be too nice to have a full set of em

Posted by: Adesia.5138

Adesia.5138

It’d be great if we could get the daily chest as a reward for each map completion. Even better, if the rewards we receive at the end of each event was based on overall map participation rather than individual participation. It’d encourage the community spirit that GW2 has been known for~

I’m glad Anet is looking at feedback about the event and wanting to improve it! A lot of other companies wouldn’t even acknowledge that it wasn’t going too well with the player base.

Norrag.8756

We just want more blooms per completion, lowered vendor prices, or the event to last longer. Any of those would make most people complaining feel better. Maybe loot from the mobs too xD

Posted by: LunaticChaos.7138

LunaticChaos.7138

The actual purchasable rewards are good.
The entire problem with this event is the ludicrous amount of time that is expected to be put in to get anything from this event due to the laughably low amount of currency we get for doing these events over this infuriatingly short amount of time.
A problem compounded by the fact every subevent in this is boring.

(edited by LunaticChaos.7138)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Thanks for admitting that there is a problem. That’s sort of a change from business as usual. You normally crash dive and run silent if a lot of players complain about an unannounced change (ie previously enchanted boosters losing karma as a choice).

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Seeing as how it came off as the usual “Zerg from point to point” and “WP if you’re dead,” I said forget it and I don’t even want the rewards that I didn’t get.

You REALLY need to work on those “Zerg” and “WP if dead” problems.

Why is WP if dead a problem? It takes at least two rezzers to res a dead person in a reasonable time and then they themselves are at risk for getting downed and aren’t contributing damage or utility when rezzing.

Exile.2745

Even better, if the rewards we receive at the end of each event was based on overall map participation rather than individual participation. It’d encourage the community spirit that GW2 has been known for~

Funny you should say that because when the very first mordrem army dropped in Brisban the map chat was alive with comments thinking that was exactly what was going to happen and, as a map, we were determined to beat all of the other maps and make sure we had the best loot… Then the truth dawned on us all

Norrag.8756

Also, this response leaves me slightly confused. ’’We’ve realized this event hasn’t gone as intended?‘’ What wasn’t intended about it? You mean you didn’t intend for the players to notice how bad it is?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Magic Find
Boosters
Sigils
Runes
Banners
Guilds
XP

These are all the systems you added to the game to facilitate fun, rewards, progression and events. You completely invalidated every single one of them in this event. Any event going forward should make use of ALL of these systems.

You spent a lot of time developing these systems and told us that the reason for content breaks was that you were preparing these systems so they could easily be used in the future. Now here we have an event that ignores all these wonderful systems you’ve built up. use the systems you’ve developed already!

(edited by ZudetGambeous.9573)

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

You could buff the bloom rate without damaging the rest of the game. This event is ridiculous, the whole thing is a glorified gold sink, increasing the bloom rate would make the event fun AND increase the gold sink rate. Current rates are infuriating. You get a whopping 5 per event if you play it instead of waypoint spamming and tagging 3 mobs at each sub event. We should be getting a decent number of blooms per gold event tag, less for silver, and none for copper. If you fully participate in 5 events you should be getting like 30 blooms an hour at least, and if you’re waypointing around abusively event tagging you should get nothing. Also the downtime is unreasonable, why would you program a 4 day event with this much downtime? 30 minutes between spawns while it’s active plus an hour wait between cycles? What is the point? Completely unreasonable, this shouldn’t be hindsight, you guys have made temporary content before.

And of course now here’s Gale posting, sorry we aren’t going to fix it, even though adjusting the number of blooms in the chest would fix the whole mess and wouldn’t take any dev time. Thanks for getting us all worked up and excited for finally something to do then kicking our legs out and running away. Your community spoke, the bloom rate is TOO LOW. Your community is important, hear us. It will not hurt the game to fix it. If mini prices drop for 2 weeks so be it.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

They actually fixed a bug that was making the bloom amounts not distribute as intended. They didn’t arbitrarily pick a number to increase to.

Thank you, Rose, that is accurate.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

First, let me say that I for one really appreciate you posting about this and letting us know where things stand. I also appreciate your honest approach in admitting the event has not been the success you had hoped.

Now, for my feedback:
- Rewards:
Although I understand not wanting to revisit the Scarlet Invasion style where people would fail events on purpose in order to get the individual rewards for mobs, however I think you went too far into the extreme in the opposite direction. The worst part about this event is it does not respect people’s time. You have to participate from begining to end to get anything halfway decent. So, if I log in at the middle, or am pulled away before the end (definitely the worst of the two) I get little or nothing.
Suggestion: Give loot for each encounter you play for that immediate reward and scale it so that the more encounters you complete the better your reward. It seems you were trying for something similar, but it didn’t get realized. Also, reward differently for the level you achieve (Bronze, Silver, Gold) to encourage participation. Finally, give the bulk of the reward as a drop after the vine goes down to encourage staying for the entire mini-event to discourage tagging and leaving.

- For the rewards, offer a choice to spend Blooms and Gold (as you have currently) as well as an option to use just Blooms (at a much higher cost of course) in order to encourage new players to also participate. With the influx of new players, there are likely a lot of people who could put more time in to get the reward they want, but may not have the 10 gold to add to their blooms.

- Give a big map reward for success. You did this with the Scarlet Invasion, however it didn’t outweigh the individual loot bags you got for failing. I think if you modify the rewards as mentioned above you can better scale this in order to incentivise players to get the entire map done

- Have less, but harder to kill enemies. Enemies died so quickly in this invasion and were outnumbered so much by the zergs that it felt like WE were the invading force, not them.

- At least give experience for the kills and/or events. I mean, does it really hurt anything for occasional events like this to provide a faster way for people to level toons? If they happened every day, sure, but at an occasional interval it won’t hurt and goes a long way.

So, to close I’d like to say something I did really like in seeing. There were multiple types of vines that required different methods to kill (take down shield, bomb, and catapult). Please keep thinking of more and varied ways to implement this. I’d love to see more mechanics added to keep the mindless killing from getting too boring. The more different types of mechanics, the more interesting it remains.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

question: do you want the constructive feedback here or in another thread?

Thank you for asking! Posting in this thread would be great.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Warden.8927

Warden.8927

We have been tracking player response and recognize that this event has not gone as intended. We’re at a point where we can’t change anything more about this event for this weekend without risk to the greater portion of the game. We also are going to postpone our plans to organize an in-game event around the Mordrem Invasion this afternoon. Instead, we’re going to continue to monitor for your feedback and collect information that will help us improve on these types of events going forward.

We are aware of an issue where if you disconnect during the event you will not be able to rejoin. If you experience this, you will be able to participate in the events that follow the one from which you disconnected. For instance, if you were disconnected during the Kessex Hills incursion, you’ll be able to get into the next stage when it takes place in Diessa Plateau.

As we mentioned yesterday, we will be taking care of those of you who did not get your rewards, so look for those in your in-game mail in the coming days.

We encourage all of you who’ve participated in the Mordrem Invasion to please share your constructive thoughts on how we can improve on these types of experiences in the future. Please share your ideas and feedback in this thread.

Thank you.

Gaile, please please extend the event for a couple more days. Some of us are working over the weekend, and even though the event wasnt as good as it could be there are some of us who still want to put the time and effort in to grind out the skin or two were desperately after.

Im desperate for the Toxic shoulders and gloves and due to working every day this weekend will just miss out on one of them. Please either increase the blooms rewarded or just let the event go on for another few days.

Posted by: korasukage.9315

korasukage.9315

This response has only made me more frustrated. No real hard or concrete plans nor answers to the communities specific questions. Is this response a sad attempt to placate us. I am not trying to be negative, nor trying to seem like I am on the attack, it’s just that Anet’s constant lack of forthrightness is becoming a larger issue for me personally. When I noticed this post/update I was hoping for something that would help ease my worry. Instead, it’s the usual rigmarole about how they are “listening” and how this will be used for future reference.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

We encourage all of you who’ve participated in the Mordrem Invasion to please share your constructive thoughts on how we can improve on these types of experiences in the future. Please share your ideas and feedback in this thread.

Thank you.

Give Champions the ability to drop loot or Blooms.
Give gold or karma for each event completed.
Show players a reason why they should care about total of incursions stopped.
Provide some sort of benefit for that.

At the very least, if rewards can’t be increased then decrease the price of the items.
That way the grind isn’t so high.

For future events, don’t place them so close to Toxic Alliance events where they overlap.

Also the game’s time limit and cool down could be worked differently alongside mobs.
For example: Instead of giving us 30 minutes of frantic mess, then another half hour of nothing in the next map after; provide some hot spots to entertain us while we wait.

Let’s say Kessex Hills will be the next map hit. Give certain spots of the map a few Champions running around like bounties. Then the bounty hunt ends about 10 minutes before the big event. Afterwards, provide small pockets of Mordrem (which drop loot) in those maps until that map becomes the next one in rotation. Then bring back the roving bounties.

Rinse, repeat, reduce the parking lot that is the waypoints on the map.

As a result of this frustration and disappointment, I will not participate in the Mordrem activities. Nor will I encourage anyone I chat with, but I will wish anyone wanting to farm it the best of luck.

I’ll spend my time doing dungeons or playing Silverwastes.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

(edited by Atlas.9704)

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

Thanks for admitting that there is a problem. That’s sort of a change from business as usual. You normally crash dive and run silent if a lot of players complain about an unannounced change (ie previously enchanted boosters losing karma as a choice).

admitting there is a problem and asking for feedback on how to avoid it in the future is a very reassuring step, and hopefully we can turn future iterations of this event or similar events into successes.

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

+) I appreciate, that there is an event before HoT, even if it is only a small, non complex and very repetitive one. The drought between the last update was just far too long.

-) No ingame and no official information how many blossoms you get per day and per stack. (Why has Dulfy this kind of information? Privileged?)

-) Reward scaling via stacks encourage players just to tag events; hit a few mobs then port to the next event to get credit for as many events as possible (up to 20).

-) At the same time, participating in more than 20 events is a waste.

-) Frustrating, if you just get to 9 or 19 stacks.

-) Very limited amount of times (5 days). If you can’t participate one day, you have to farm really hard to get even 1 potion (or 2 skins). You get totally forget to get more than 2 skins / 1 potion unless you play 24/5.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

The best constructive feedback I can offer is to not rush these things out, and think through how people are going to react more clearly before you implement them, rather than now when it is too late.

You (Anet, not you personally) have been running this game for 3 years now, mistakes of this nature are honestly a very disappointing surprise – it indicates an inability to learn from past experience.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Will we get our rewards for if/when we disconnect too as well as the missing rewards from before when we didn’t get anything at all? If I disconnect…should I just say screw it and go do something else because why bother?

What if we only got part of the reward? (The map reward but not daily bonus?) Will that count as missing the rewards and will I get what I should have?

As far as feedback:

• Events don’t give karma/xp/coin for completing
  • Mobs don’t count as kills so I can’t even boost stacking sigil
  • End reward requires you to stay around for the entire time. Should give award for each event completed rather than a culmination of participation for the entire time. Some folks can’t be there for the entire 30 min.
  • Give some incentive to stay at the event to finish it. Toxic events are good for that as they give you a harvestable node at the end.
  • Give incentive for the map to do well rather than individuals tagging & running to get as many personal stacks as possible. A big end boss if you get to x number of events complete.
  • For Dwayna’s sake price the rewards appropriately so that if you want to get more than one high end item it is possible in the limited amount of time that the event is out. We have to eat, sleep, work and do other things. The two tonics should be hard to get both, but not impossible as they are currently. I don’t know what you were thinking making these things that expensive in comparison to what we get. I could have easily gotten both during the scarlet invasions. It took time & knowing where the lost heirlooms were, but it was POSSIBLE.
  • The events themselves have nice mechanics and I like them. BUT the big problem is reward. I really wanted to like this event. I wanted to be able to do the maps multiple times over the course of the weekend. But now…no. It is unrewarding. Good gameplay is not enough. It was half-thought out. You got the mechanics of the individual events right and forgot about how to make the zone invasions worth completing. Now all I will do is do 10 events then go harvest and do actual rewarding events in the zone until the timer runs out. No sense in stressing myself out over 5 extra blooms.

As it stands, I have no motivation or desire to go to the same zone more than once per day. Why should I spend 30 minutes of my time to get 10 blooms? I’m not even trying to get 20 events because the time and MONEY it takes waypointing all over the place to selfishly tag extra events just to get 10 more events for 5 more blooms? Just not worth it. Why bother?

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

- No even rewards (Exp/Karma/Coin)

This one is hard to understand why it’s even a thing. Having bronze/silver/gold medal means absolutely nothing. Therefore tag-waypoint is a thing during this event.

- No loot drops

Having absolutely no reward till the very end of the event after killing enemies upon enemies makes the whole event feel empty and lackluster.

- Amount of “tokens” needed / given

It’s high. Compared to the drop-rate they’re being given out, the very dedicated players will only be able to get some of the rewards, when some casual players have to settle for lower tier items.

- Events themselves are generic

There is no reason for anyone to stick around. There is no major work towards other than a personal stacks. At least during Scarlett’s Invasion there were champions that came out at almost every event. Those dropped champ bags too…

Possible Improvements:

- No even rewards (Exp/Karma/Coin)

Turn that off. Period. It’s a bad idea/design. Especially for newer players.

- No loot drops

Disable that as well. Let us feel like we’re getting something for doing work.

- Amount of “tokens” needed / given

This is solely up to you. If you feel like rewards given are too costly, have limited amount of them. But let the dedicated players work towards completion. Make it at least possible without sleep deprivation…

- Events themselves are generic

Make them FUN. Leave them as they are, but have them all work towards something. A big boss. A champion at the end of every event. And make them shorter too. Nobody wants to stick around for 5 minutes when they’re only have 30 total for the whole event thing.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Even token amounts of silver to offset the waypoint costs would have been appreciated.

I can understand not giving champs special rewards because we remember how Scarlet’s Invasions turned out, players simply farming champs Vs winning the event.

Having the spawn locations in the same area as other group events like the toxic offshoots. It adds a needless complication to an already chaotic environment.

Instead of a 1 shield per completion, make the number based on level of participation. 1 for bronze, 5 for silver, 10 for gold and adjust the totals needed for reward. Or something dropped if you stayed (chest). That would discourage the tag and run players.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: Jennaygump.6793

Jennaygump.6793

I would really love to see this event extended. Some of my friends are not able to get many blooms this weekend due to being busy.

Zandoletha
Henge of Denravi
Phoenix Renatus [Fire]

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I didn’t word it as coherently as I’d have liked but I was already retyping a better version that got deleted (not due to my post, due to my including a quote of a deleted post). So I’ll just link it here, unless you want me to spam copy it into this thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mordrem-Invasion-Feedback-merged/page/9#post5481475

(basically, give rewards per event completion and provide a larger lore/story framework involving consequences to the world).

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Ideas for improvement:

• XP, Loot, Karma, Event Reward Tokens, and Gold dropping from individual enemies that are tied to the event.
  • The Event vendor should not charge gold for rewards. When they do, it can’t be considered a reward. On top of that, with no gold dropping from the enemies in said event, the vendor is relegated to being a gold sink.
  • The zones being used during an event should have dynamic events endemic to the zones cancelled during the special event so that they aren’t overlapping. It’s haphazard and makes the special events feel tacked on.
  • Rewards should be plentiful. This is the first content you have given us in 8+ months. To have it be less rewarding than the content that has been in the game for 3 years doesn’t inspire desire to participate in the new events.
  • The new AI for Heart of Thorns should be employed in the enemy design of the Mordrem spawning in the new event. You say we can’t have old events like SAB back because it doesn’t work with the new server tech and yet you fail to deploy the new tech in a new event? That’s a head scratcher at the very least.
  • There should be new loot to go along with returning loot. There are vets that have all those rewards. To go without any new playable content in this game for 8+ months and then get what is supposed to be new content and have the rewards be old rewards doesn’t inspire desire to return.
  • A boss encounter should have been included. New creature designs from HoT should have been included.
  • Champion Bags from slaying Champions should have been included.
  • A title could have been included.
  • Achievement points could have been rewarded.
Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’m going to just quote what I said in another thread:

This event is just awful. Really, really awful.

You fight stuff that gives no drops, no karma, no EXP. If you waypoint all around the map (which costs you money), and tag enough events, then MAYBE (we’re still not sure on the intended reward rates) you’ll get several of the special currency of this event.

And then, if you want to spend that currency, you have to pay EVEN MORE!?

Let’s be honest, ANet. This isn’t about bringing players together. This is about selling more copies of HoT. This is to get new, F2P players and old holdouts excited about the new content so they’ll buy it. That’s all this is, and we all know it. Anyone being honest with themselves knows better than to expect really good rewards from this, but you’ve missed even that low mark. Showcasing this as an example of what HoT has to offer isn’t going to pull in new players, it’s going to push them away.

This sort of behavior has ALWAYS happened whenever ArenaNet has tied individual performance to rewards. The, “Ima gonna get mine, and kitten you scrub” mentality that plagued the Scarlet invasions and the first part of the Evacuation of Lion’s Arch.

On the flip side, ArenaNet has ALSO seen what happens when they shift the rewards towards zone wide completion like in the second part of the Evacuation event… tons of people sitting AFK and not doing anything while the rest are scrambling like mad.

So, now they’re trying a hybrid sort of reward scheme, and THAT’S not working either. It seems like us players simply can’t handle these sort of meta events. Maybe ArenaNet simply needs to stop trying and focus more on those meta-chains like in Silverwastes, which seem to work quite well.

I’d like to see them try a mix of the two systems. You get a buff as you run around and do events, but the max reward is based on the entire zone’s performance. Zone did well but you did nothing? Here, have a pebble. People tagged every event they could for a high buff count, but the zone did horrible because nobody finished events? Here’s your 5 copper.

Barring that, I’d like to see some sort of progressive invasion. Say, when it starts you have 30 minutes on the timer, and 10 invasion sites. If you clear all 10, you get an extra 5 minutes on the timer and 3 world boss scale attacks happen. If all 3 get taken down, then you get 5 more minutes on the timer and a final world boss that drops the best rewards. All the events would have to give loot and EXP, though.

I would like to add to that the thought that yes, the rewards we are getting are not enough. Add to that the fact that nothing we have that’s supposed to improve our rewards works, and things like stacking sigils don’t work either, and you have a complete mess.

(If they need a loot table to make the on-kill stuff work, then let them drop silky sand, with a rare chance of 2 sands. Nobody will get rich off of that, but it’s still a potentially useful drop to trigger things with.)

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

I kinda hoped it would be mini Silverwastes events, letting the newer players getting how to not just zerg, but to understand chained events, objective claiming, holding, and losing.
Even with the rewards being low, it seems the event Mordrem were weaker in comparison to the events in Iron Marches that were challenging.
I also was disappointed at the lack of XP. I understand the reasoning, but it really brings the reward vs time ration down if there isn’t full map participation.

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

Posted by: zeonozero.5860

zeonozero.5860

This suffers from the usual mechanics that don’t make GW2 fully engaging in alot of areas

1- This type of event promotes event taggging, where you kill a few mordrem, hit the vine crawler once or twice, and can still manage to get gold rating and get credit
2- speaking of rating, bronze, silver, or gold, it doesn’t matter because you get 0 exp, karma, money for completing the events
3- The mordrem blooms are too small in number. As said many times, this is a pretty bad “swing my sword, swing my sword again” grind to get maybe a few items that you want, instead of actually working very hard to get every item.
4- disconnects suck, and if the game doesn’t recognize this you just wasted a hard amount of time and it’s not like this is repeatable immediately after (although it does have a nice rotation system)
5- If this was supposed to be similar to Scarlet’s invasion, there should be an incentive to fully stay at events like giving loot (that would prevent going to many events, because you would miss out on mob loot) or have a final mordrem boss appear if XX number of map events were completed

Those are just a few, im sure this thread will come up with many more

Charr Ele ftw

Posted by: korasukage.9315

korasukage.9315

One last piece of advice … lower the cost of the rewards. I can imagine that Anet won’t invoke any of the other changes that the community has mentioned. Changing the cost of the rewards should be a simple change. This way, at the very least, we won’t have to grind 24/7 in order to get one thing (well this is specific to the potions I guess … but still).

Posted by: Zaseka.7182

Zaseka.7182

There is not much wrong with the event mechanics, what is wrong is the rewards, and that deters people from doing it. Lower the vendor bloom amount for starters, and in the future, make event mobs drop loot. That is all we want from anet, events that are worth doing. This is just repelling new and old players.

Posted by: Amelia Brigita.3940

Amelia Brigita.3940

Anet has a perfectly respectable example already in place with regard to how to make events such as this appeal to a broad audience: Silverwastes. Yes, there will be those who rip and shred SW, but it has a beginning, a middle and an end (which all processes should have to satisfy our predisposition to such things psychologically). SW offers a game process for those who like such things, as well as a farm for things like gold, mats, assorted loot for people who aren’t in a position to purchase/won’t purchase, karma/exp for those wanting that…and it delivers them with a frequency that satisfies our short attention spans.

I’m no developer, but in my mind, the Blooms would play out something like how the Bandit Crests are delivered now, little bits here and there based on your contributions and “bonuses” at the end of a full cycle.

And all griping aside, I am a genuine GW2 fan and my disappointment in this event isn’t pushing me away or going to change my choices when it comes to HoT. It’s my own fault for being too involved in other things to get the skins when you first put them out there lol. (but whannnnnh!!! I so wanted those skins, and you’re holding them just out of my reach!)

So, much respect, Gaile, for always being at the front dealing with our wrath and thanks for the update.

Amelia Syleste / Amelia Robles / Abra Cadavher
Moderator – /r/guildwarsdyejob
Get your fashion fix.

Exile.2745

Even token amounts of silver to offset the waypoint costs would have been appreciated.

Indeed. It was frustrating to visit 3 different WPs only to see that each time I had missed the mordrem by mere moments. All I was thinking is “cool that’s another 5 silver I’ve wasted to take part” and as a casual player who rarely has above 1g in his account I kinda didn’t like losing that 5 silver xD

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

- It’s boring
- it’s not skill challenging
- it’s stressful
- rewards are not balanced

Basically after 3 years and with no event in this year, i think it’s a really bad , but really bad way to show a new event, for veteran players and for new players too.

People expect an evolution based on experience and based on a ton of feedbacks from previous events in the past LS.

This is simply a step back and this is the main reason because people are upset.

(edited by philheat.3956)