Mordrem Invasion Update: 11 September 12:30 PM

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Saurus.1478

Saurus.1478

Rewards are crap and there is way too few of them. We have ridiculous time limit which, with this gain-price balance, makes this event grind/nolife fest. You want me to suggest changes ?

- Give us more blooms per stacks/lower down the prices or:

- Give us more this kind of events with same currency or extend time limit we have for collecting blooms. (4 days is like nothing)

- Add new skins/items, keep old in stock. So that people who still have some life could get them later and those faster ones could get something either.

- More different maps where event can happen.

- Cut this ridiculous “waiting” aka wasting time at least by a half.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

So just played through my second play through of things in brisban. Wow, the rewards for spending half an hour of your time are terrible. I could do a 3 year old dungeon in that time and get an infinitely better reward from doing this event. And it would not cost me coin to do it. So I got 30 blooms and around 50 silver lighter by the time I’ve way pointed around and bought my items.

And my rewards for doing said event was junk, a load of bloodstone dust, geodes. 3 watch work sprockets 5 blade shards, and more bloodstone dust.

Not even close to the effort put in to complete the event. I’m willing to bet money the only people left doing this tomorrow are the ones who want “free” gem store skins of the halo and/or horns. Everyone else will be back to business as usual. I know I will be. Words can not describe the disappointment with this “event”. Better luck next time. I’ll not be doing a 3 day event like this again.

This is about the funniest (and saddest) post I’ve read about this whole event. I started laughing while reading it. Not at you, but because what you got as a reward was so pitiful, it was funny. The part where you said

So I got 30 blooms and around 50 silver lighter by the time I’ve way pointed around and bought my items. And my rewards for doing said event was junk, a load of bloodstone dust, geodes. 3 watch work sprockets 5 blade shards, and more bloodstone dust.

You (the player) spent half an hour of your time and came away poorer and with a pocketful of junk, most of which was either unsellable, common as dirt, or worth just a couple of silver. It emphasizes how poor the rewards are for this event. There is no way what you got was worth the number of blossoms and the time invested. The whole rewards system is way off and it emphasizes how stingy ANet is being with the rewards.

ANet. Please remember that these events are supposed to be FUN. Stop making the economy the first focus of the event. When players do these sort of things they want the game to be Santa Claus raining presents down on them. Not Scrooge grudgingly handing out pennies. Loosen the purse strings and make people gloat when they see what’s in their inventory. Not walk away poorer and wiser, saying like BrotherBelial, Words can not describe the disappointment with this “event”. Better luck next time. I’ll not be doing a 3 day event like this again.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Rhapsody.1085

Rhapsody.1085

The biggest thing for me is that the mobs dont drop any loot, this is ridiculous. If i knew i had a chance to get the odd rare or even exo from these mobs it would actually be worth the mindnumbing grind and actually make Magic Find useful again.

Posted by: Bilacus.6104

Bilacus.6104

They announced it several days in advance:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-mordrem-are-coming/

And then there were tweets more recently but I don’t hold with using third party social media as a primary info flow. The only reason I see tweets at all is that I keep checking for teasers for Elite specs.

Thanks. I actually remember seeing that headline on the log in screen, but thought it was just another ad for Heart of Thorns and didn’t read it.

One man’s clever sig is most likely another man’s property.
And you may quote me on that.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

tbh, I think you could make up for people few rewards from this stingy event by just running it for the whole week. Seems like the least yall can do..

Posted by: ShadowMageAlpha.7580

ShadowMageAlpha.7580

I generally don’t post, but I’ll give my feedback, though it’s probably been said time and time again.

What I like:

• I like how this fits into the lore of Mordremoth and such. He/she/it isn’t just waiting around for us to come to him/her/it; it’s going on the offensive. MASSIVELY. Very cool.
  • The fact that there are 3 kinds of events is nice. Prevents things from getting as boring as quickly.

What I don’t like:

• The “best” way to play this is to not actively participate, but to put your fingers as many events as you can so you can increase your bloom income.
  • The amount of time you need to participate feels disproportionate to what you get. i.e. I could grind for about 5-ish to 6-ish hours for a mini. More if I want a set of Gloves & Shoulder. MUCH more if I want 1 potion. 2 potions is impractical/impossible. It makes it feel as though if I’m going to do anything with this event, I have to not have a life. If I were able to spread out the grinding of hundreds of blooms over the course of a week or 2, it’d be okay. But the pressure is so high to get anything done in 4 days, I’d just rather not do anything.
  • Not as large of an issue: It feels unrewarding doing individual events as you get nothing from the mobs themselves. Even if I got the grey trophies with the occasional piece of blue/green equipment, I’d be fairly happy with that. At the very minimum, I’d like to see some XP get rewarded so that people with on-kill effects (Sigils, foods, etc.) actually get to trigger those effects.

What I would suggest:

• Making the increasing rewards across the map as a whole. This would put more of an emphasis on finishing the events so everyone can benefit. Not just an individual.
  • Either increase reward income (either as flat percent increase or make champions drop extra bundles), lower the price of items, or increase the duration of the event.

(edited by ShadowMageAlpha.7580)

Posted by: badwolf.2583

badwolf.2583

I don’t think people get how bad the event is tuned for rewards.

I did some number Crunching on the event, First of all if you want to buy everything costing above 150 Blooms (the skins, tonics, and minis) it costs 2140 Blooms and 68 Gold. Now if you think about the event as a whole and your maximum earning potential there are approximately 18 events per day for the 4 day event, meaning there is approximately 72 invasions total(give a few extra depending on the time it went online vs the event ends). Now if you average 30 blooms per event (and from what i can tell most people are getting around half that per event) the most blooms you can get is 2160.

so my general point is, an event shouldn’t require that amount of dedication to get all the rewards, imagine how the new players feel seeing that level of dedication required.
the lack of xp loot and drops pushed this into the realm of disappointment, but the fact that getting 1 of every reward was impossible from the outset is what made me so disappointed, frustrated, and upset about the event.

Posted by: WaffleKing.5420

WaffleKing.5420

My personal opinion about this event…

1. Too short a time span. Seriously, one weekend isn’t enough… I work shifts, so it’s really inconvenient for me as my shift rotation sits right on top of these 4 days.

2. Reward system is crap. Instead of rewarding people for their effort and team play, you reward them for how many events they can tag and run… I’ve been left to rot when getting downed because people are rushing to tag mobs before the event ends or want to waypoint away quickly for another event… The defender stacks should NOT determine what rewards you get… Maybe they could do something like Silverwastes does? The stacks increase blossom drops from mobs and cap at 5 stacks? I dunno! It just sucks the way it is now!

3. Mobs died too quickly. Since I love to play Cleric ele, I don’t do crazy amounts of damage. So when it actually comes to having to tag crap for stacks of defender just for rewards, I could barely get away with it. Mobs would sometimes die before I could even cast 1 spell, and even then the spell might not even do enough damage for me to tag the mob. I don’t really play in random groups… So yes, tagging could be easier if I did that… But is that really the solution? Currently, I’m playing zerker warrior and having a horrible time becoming what I hate… A mindless, selfish drone that wants to tag things and ignore all those that are downed to get 20 stacks of defender in under 30 minutes… That’s not me… I wouldn’t do it if I didn’t want the Scarlet skins so bad…

I feel awful because I know how much you put effort in making this game enjoyable and fun for all of us at no extra cost (even if it is an attempt to get free to plays to get the expansion). I just feel that this was unpolished. Better luck next time. I hope you continue to make free updates after HoT and ignore the harsh ramblings of agitated players.

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Pretty simple conclusions and past participation within GW2 over the last three years should have cleared the way to opening HoT with a great event, and that has nothing to do with the bugs.

JQ Druid

Posted by: Death Stroke.9875

Death Stroke.9875

I did some number Crunching on the event, First of all if you want to buy everything costing above 150 Blooms (the skins, tonics, and minis) it costs 2140 Blooms and 68 Gold. Now if you think about the event as a whole and your maximum earning potential there are approximately 18 events per day for the 4 day event, meaning there is approximately 72 invasions total(give a few extra depending on the time it went online vs the event ends).

OK so getting all the account unlocks costs 2140 and my calculations show that the maximum obtainable with 100% efficiency start to finish is 1050, which isn’t even half of what would be needed. 1050/2140<1/2

for those wanting to know calculations:
4*60+72/4*45
max dailies+total hours/hours per cycle*max blooms per cycle

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

There are allot of people just running around tagging as many events as possible. A good solution to this would be to award 3 stacks for gold, 2 for silver, 1 for bronze. That would invite people to actually finish the event instead of tagging everything. When doing events like this in the future, this is extremely important. Putting in effort to stay and finish an event should always be rewarded higher then just tagging.

Also, not rewarding players with experience is a big no, for new zones and lvl 80 zones, especially with masteries coming up.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: Sinope.5630

Sinope.5630

I started to do these events in one map, Diessa Plateau. What I saw these events are only zerg fest, waypoint one place and run as fast as you can and see how those monsters are melting down before you reach them. Scaling is poorly done, when there is handful monsters around and huge zerg is beating them down, they are melting too fast. In this kind of events, where are not good rewards for finishing one dynamic event, their scaling should be done stronger, so events takes longer to finish. So scaling should be done work better way.

These kind of events waypoint, run and beat crap out from monsters are really unfair to the new players. New players don’t have that kind of money to waypointing so much around and only see that monsters are melting down before they even reach those monsters. That makes them donate their money for waypointing useless.

How about rewards? New players don’t have that kind of money for best rewards, or skins. Mostly new player don’t have those “old” skins and potions what are in rewards, but how they have money for getting those rewards. First they gather all those blooms, they don’t get any money from events, and there are no droppings what they can convert to the money and when they have all blooms gathered, they just can watch those rewards, because they have use all their money to waypointing.

Old players don’t need those rewards, because most of them have already bought them from gem store or get them during Living Story.

These kind of events with these kind of rewards should be done just for new players, make them have fun with old ones, learn how to zerging, getting money and most of all, get rewards from the events.

The main points:

• monsters are melting too fast, scaling is not working very well or poorly implemented
  • waypoint costs are too much for new players
  • no droppings from the monsters and no rewards dynamic events are bad for new players economy
  • Rewards costs too much money for new players. Old players have money, new players don’t. Old players have already skins and potions, new players don’t.
  • It is uncertain to whom these events are targeted, for new players or old players. If these kind of events are targeted to new players rewards are fine, but cost of the rewards is not. If this is targeted to old players, they already have those items, but they have money for rewards what they don’t need.

Now end of my story:
I was zerging with others and killed like 7 groups already, when I saw how new players were struggling to reach those mobs. It was brainless zerking around of map and no one was thinking new players a bit. I started to think why I was doing it. I already had all those skins and potions, why an earth I was doing those events? New players invested their little money for waypointing and try to reach those mobs before we old players beat them all up. I felt bad, and left the map. This kind of events what makes new players to grief are not fun at all. After that I haven’t done those events.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I rarely come here to post or reply but I just want the devs to know how important it is for us players to not be punished in any way by having a disconnect in the middle of a play session, more importantly if we are going to lose any progress we have made in a said event. If there was a way to “save” that progress for a few minutes so we have the time to log back in, it would be great, and yes I know we can do the next event in 30 minutes but for some 30 min are alot and dont have time for more.

We completely agree with you. The team will be working on a way to address this. I don’t know if progress would be saved, that’s a question for a designer or programmer. However, at the least, we don’t want someone to lose their rewards!

Past week has been full of lag/disconnects and I’ve lost the stacking buff TWICE now over the past 2 days that I have free time after work inevitably resulting in getting zero reward. Nothing. Absolute zilch.

This is wrong.

There should be a system/feature in place that saves your stack of buffs for at least 2 minutes or so in order to reconnect.

As much as I really want to work for a particular reward, it is simply impossible due to the constant lagging/disconnects.

This thread applicable: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Absolutely-Insane-Lag-Spikes/first#post5473541

Still happening.

Posted by: narm serosh.1094

narm serosh.1094

When you do this type of event short like this, it is better to do dynamics events like Karka Queen per zone for the epicness. I don’t understand where you though that doing special event like classic event would be a good idea …

The best idea would be to do different event who lead (if the objectives where meet) to an epic event like Karka Queen (sorry for mentioning it but without the lag problem, this was the best event ever)

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

This event was designed to not add gold to the economy that is why it’s not popular. A mindless zerg fest is tolerated if players are rewarded (see the last 3 years).

This is the 1st event post FTP and I’m happy that my fellow players wholeheartedly rejected the grind for no reward concept.

1. Mobs drop loot (no exceptions)
2. Short term events must have achievable goals
3. Boring / repetivive events are only ok if the rewards are worth it.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: Olmega.4965

Olmega.4965

I think the best thing to do during this event is get to 10 stacks as quickly as possible, then afk somewhere alt tab and watch something until you get your rewards or the next map is about to start.

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

I’d love to get the skins that I, due entirely to my own kitten iness, missed out on the first time. (I never really cared much about skins until the wardrobe came along). Unfortunately, the grind required to even unlock one of them is rather hard for anyone who isn’t willing to no-life the game while surviving on caffeine and ramon noodles like a college student three days before finals. I’m not a kid anymore. I’m a 33 year old adult who loves your game, but I have work to do, a horse ranch to take care of, a social life and motorcycle riding club, etc. There are demands on my time that make farming an event like this pretty unrealistic for me, and I’m fairly sure lots of us. I’d need 900 points to get the rewards I’m interested in. I missed a day because I was waiting for the broken rewards to get patched, today I couldn’t play more than a few minutes without crashing out of the instances. I’m looking at, realistically, getting maybe 60-100 points by the time this event is over. Even if I did get the points, I’m always gold poor, because I’d rather level alts than farm SW, so I probably wouldn’t be able to afford them anyway unless I broke down and converted gems to gold(something I’m not likely to do after just giving you $50 of my recreational budget to pre-order the expansion). If that’s cool by you arena.net, then ok, I guess that’s what you had in mind and I’ll live with it. But if you are making events with people like me in mind too, then you need to seriously rethink how it was put together. Here’s my suggestions.

First, I’ll budget time to play an event if you give me time to do so. If it’s going to take a serious time investment to get even one of the “high tier” rewards, then give me a couple of weeks to work on it. I’ll gladly move my schedule around and invest in a 6 or so hour marathon on one of my days off, but I need some notice to arrange these things. If I can’t get the rewards by putting in an hour or two every day with maybe one long session on a day off they might as well not exist.

Second, I’m always leveling an alt, and as I have mentioned, my playtime can be limited. Don’t punish me by making my character advancement go away to play an event. It should be at least as rewarding XP wise as doing map completion. Don’t ask me to choose between real, measurable character advancement and an event, unless that event is so extremely rewarding that it compensates entirely for that loss of advancement. I’m trying to get a few more characters to level 80 before HoT hits, and the rewards for doing so are thin enough that I’m broke all the time doing it. Now you want me to spend 30 minutes of every hour in an event that costs me gold to jump around WPs and doesn’t contribute to leveling at all? Not cool.

Third, we have enough gold sinks, I realize people actively farming gold don’t see these 10 gold costs as anything much, but I’m sitting at 7 gold on my account right now, and that’s mainly because I’ve been farming AP by completing explorer and jumping puzzle achievements on one of my level 80s the last few days. The 40 gold I would need to buy all four skins available in this event is almost more gold than I’ve ever had at one time on my account(assuming I could actually get enough blossoms). I love doing map completion, leveling alts, helping new players, following random event chains, etc. None of these things are hugely rewarding in any way but enjoyment and satisfaction on my part. Consider new players and players like me when designing these events, because those gold costs basically shut me out. Requiring gold for things I can work on long term is one thing, but requiring it for a limited time event is just a kick in the teeth. The cost of using WPs to follow the event around is a serious consideration for me, much less the 10 gold you’ve tacked on to the blossom requirement just because you could. I suppose I could just sell all my materials, but I do still dream about some day having some ascended or legendary gear. And for new players they don’t even have that option.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Posted by: Smiley.2186

Smiley.2186

My general opinion of these events is pretty bad, although I really liked the concept at first…so here are some ideas to improve it:

-Mob loot. It doesnt have to be much, but let them drop something…running around for 30 minutes and killing champions usually gives a little more mob drop then nothing, which might explain why relatively few players like the event.

-Those blossoms, or badges. The idea is really nice, so is the stuff you can buy with them. But they drop so rarely.IT seems like you cant buy something really nice like a skin or a potion without doing the event again and again and again. Some more blossoms after the events might seriously help with its popularity.

- Rewards and Events. I do not understand how players are expected to participate in 20+ events to get 15 blossoms…I would prefer some Kind of map-wide system, similar to the one in the silverwastes, which still gives you your rewards depending on how much you do, but also gives blossoms for the amount of finished events a map has reached. Smaller groups for an event like this are better but will getan fewer events done and less blossoms, and that is something no one likes. Also, how about small rewards after each event, again, depending on how much a player does. I am aware that it is not possible to keep players from simply participating in each event for 3 seconds, but it might help.

- Final Event/ more different events. 30 minutes of running around in silverwastes are a lot less boring because events differ and you know that there are Bosses at the end. Final Events if you want to call them that. They give you extra loot but with not enough players participating, they will fail.

As you might have found out already while reading my other ideas, I really like the concept of the silverwastes. There are still people running around there, even after the living story has calmed down. There already was quite a nice system so why change it that much? Right now this event is mainly either running and playing friendly, which means you wont get more than 5 blossoms in 30 min, or players just go and tag every event without really doing much altogether.
I really liked the concept of this at first but after seeing the events myself….well,there is always room to improve, so please take the ideas and advice from all of us serious and think about it a little. You made a mistake, but you can change it, so try to.

Posted by: Snuffa.3018

Snuffa.3018

I just crashed for the first time during a Brisbane event so I wont bother logging back in. I don’t like the reward system. I would have thought after the Karka event disconnects that that type of reward system that is dependant on continuous connection over time would not have been used again.

I would have liked to have seen something similar to the Silver Wastes reward system for events where at the successful completion of an event you get a bag of bandit crests. It would have been nice to see a similar reward of 1 or two blooms after each event to feel that progress was being made, and then at the end some bonus value awarded for a number of stacks.

During the Scarlet series of events I became so frustrated I ended up leaving the game for a while and I would hate to see something like that happen again as I have been looking forward to the expansion and have enjoyed the beta events so far. It is disappointing that this event has not learnt from the mistakes of others and I hope that futher event series are better planned out.

Posted by: Dark.4956

Dark.4956

Anet wants to get people helping others to take down bosses, like they said regarding their raids they’re bringing in..
This event, does the exact opposite of that in every complete way.

To get 15 blooms, you have to run and tag each spawn of Mordrem, if you run by someone dead, screw them..ressing them will only take more time and you need to run to the next spawn.
and those of us that don’t have enough time to farm every event and zerg 20 spawns to get the 15 blooms, won’t even have a chance to get any of the items for sale thats over 200 blooms in price.

you should have perhaps had a chest at each event, maybe 2-5 blooms drop from it convincing people to stay by the spawn sites and kill the mordrem and sod that stacking buff off..seriously, 20 spawns to get 15, or 10 to get 10..
plus if you dc, you lose the buff and there goes a waste of running about for 25 minutes to lose any chance of any blooms for that one event.

we were told to keep an eye out for any Anet players, the staff at Anet are probably fed up like many players over how crappy the event has turned out.
I haven’t seen one in all the times Ive been trying to log in.

On a positive note, I like that Anet IS trying different things out. whether it fails or not, they are trying to bring us more content within the game so I thank Anet for continuing to try new things.
Lets just hope they listen to the players some time once and take notice of where they are screwing up constantly.

Posted by: Krysin.7103

Krysin.7103

I think there are a few simple fixes needed for this event:

1- make mobs drop blooms, this would fix the issue regarding a lack of rewards vs time and fix the issue of people just tagging events and leaving.
2- every event completed should reward blooms immediately, remove the stacks as not everyone has time to spend the entire half hour doing the event, and in the case of disconnect it is ridiculous that you lose all progress.

Posted by: XPilo.5862

XPilo.5862

There are 2 huge problems with this event:

1. Lack of rewards
2.People just need tag th eevents and run so they can get more personal reward.

The map have a finish event counter, so lest do the rewards be tied no to the personal finished events but instead of the overall finished events in the map. More events = more reward, so people care for finish the events instead of tag and run, split in the whole map and work together.

WORK TOGETHER that is the strong point in all events in GW2, people helps each other. This event right now go against that philosophy.

I hope this was the fisrt and last event with this mechanic on this game.

Posted by: KINGRPG.3492

KINGRPG.3492

Hey! Next Mordrem attack should be The Crown Pavilion

Sorry for my beginner English / http://www.kingrpg.net My Blog

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

This really should have been like the map-wide events in Dry Top and the Silverwastes. Especially with that counter keeping track of incursions defeated. I haven’t read everything here, but I’m sure rewards have been mentioned a lot, particularly the fact that doing these events frequently results in a loss for the player. I may not be able to do the next two days of these incursions so I’m out of luck for the time being regarding any of the more expensive rewards. Which is fine, but I tried to do as many as I could and walked away not being able to buy anything but boxes of junk and I’m sure that’s true for many players who may have hoped for more.

I really like the idea of these incursions, but this just seemed like a bewildering step backwards in terms of fun factor and rewarding play.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

How to fix tagging issue:

I would set a timer where gold would be 20 minutes or less, silver under 30 and bronze up to 50. At 50 Mordy wins and everybody gets blown up. Similar to other past world events.

Posted by: Raven.1524

Raven.1524

Actually the event would have been amazing IF the battle would simply end with 1 super hard boss that can actually wipe the entire map out of existence, since the biggest issue is that we can’t actually lose in this event. And it’s too freaking easy to clear.

Posted by: SuinegTsol.1729

SuinegTsol.1729

my feedback so far:

- big invasions, where you know 30min before where it will break out next and noone cares preparing?!?
- you can not fail defending?
-they just suddenly stop after 30 min?
- “heros” dont mind defending- just run a sight-seeing tour around map hitting a enemy from time to time?
- mordrem just open some tunnels to spawn on different locations and dont notice this strategy dont work (very smart…)?

from a player’s pov
- rewards for running circles are ok, thats what i think sw chestruns should be like for low risk low reward^^
- rewards for a big invasion event are just a joke
- tagging > participating is a joke
- RED event markers are biggest joke ever!!!!!!!!! (with new aoe circles i thought you finally understood, there are ppl who got problems to detect tiny red things in a more or less green environment…(same with DEFAULT!!! red comm tag btw….))
– this realy broke me when trying to paticipate and after a event is finished i need some minutes watching map+minimap+other player movement(if not to far away) to find next event spot, which i then just barely reach….NO FUN!!!!

come on, you can do it better!

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

As we mentioned yesterday, we will be taking care of those of you who did not get your rewards, so look for those in your in-game mail in the coming days.

Thank you.

I would like to know if the rewards we are currently getting at the end of the round are correct. Are we also supposed to be getting rewards during the event itself (not just the end of the 30 min timer)? It says the chest(s) is a bonus chest. Am I correct in assuming the ongoing event is not rewarding correctly either? Are there plans to compensate the players beyond yesterday’s complete non-reward?

Are we wasting our time with a failed loot system?

Posted by: Steele.8509

Steele.8509

At first experience of this event it reminds me exactly of the Aetherblade event in Season 1. However, after trying it it’s not really that fun.

This is what I feel what’s wrong with the event:
1. There are no rewards for each event completed and it will depend on how many you participated to get to the final rewards. Problem is, there will be players who will just make little effort to participate and jump to the next event leaving you to take care of the upscaled event. Thankfully, the maps I joined there were many committed players that made sure the events are completed.
2. There are no drops from Modrem which sometimes I feel tempted to do the bare mininum for the event.
3. The events does not give karma, gold or even xp. Killing modrem does not give me xp.
4. The bloom rewards are too low that to get a skin (225 blooms + 10 gold) it will take at least 3 days doing all 3 maps daily and the event is just 3-4 days. (depending on timezone) so it will take me 7 to 10 hours more x 3 days just to aim for the second skin (assuming I get 10 blooms per invasion).

It would be nice if there was like a Boss fight at the end of the hour just like how Scarlet appears at the last few minutes of the Aetherblade event.

Posted by: Montu.5139

Montu.5139

I would start by fixing the reward system by rewarding players for each event they actually finished rather than leeching. I’ve seen a lot of players hitting a couple of Mordrem and then run to the next event ending up with around 30 Defender buffs, while players who actually bothers to do the event till the end ends up with around 10 (and lower amount of blooms).

You guys did a great job with Marionette, Tequatl and Tri-Wurm by promoting teamwork, you should do that more often with these kind of events.

Posted by: Sinzaku.2980

Sinzaku.2980

It’d be great if we could get the daily chest as a reward for each map completion. Even better, if the rewards we receive at the end of each event was based on overall map participation rather than individual participation. It’d encourage the community spirit that GW2 has been known for~

I’m glad Anet is looking at feedback about the event and wanting to improve it! A lot of other companies wouldn’t even acknowledge that it wasn’t going too well with the player base.

I hope they read you cuz that’s the most important change to do about events, cooperation should be more rewarding than tagging everywhere and get multi personnal rewards at the expense of event succes.

“Necromancer in Heart and Soul” ~ #8k Hours#Asura
-(EvE ~ EU)-

Posted by: Kate Soulguard.7132

Kate Soulguard.7132

Remove waypoint costs.

At least let us break even during the event.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

So just played through my second play through of things in brisban. Wow, the rewards for spending half an hour of your time are terrible. I could do a 3 year old dungeon in that time and get an infinitely better reward from doing this event. And it would not coat me coin to do it. So I got 30 blooms and around 50 silver lighter by the time I’ve way pointed around and bought my items. Better luck next time. I’ll not be doing a 3 day event like this again.

You don’t have to. An infinitely better reward? Really?

Everyone seemingly agrees that this event was underwhelming. You won’t be missed next time.

Yes, doing say a dungeon will not leave you out of pocket, playing PvP will not leave you out of pocket, do anything other of the activities in this game will not leave you out of pocket, taking part in this event will.

If I where a new player, what would be my motivation to take part in this? A new ish player could quite easily find them self out of coin by the end of it all. New players would not have the account boosts that an older player would have from AP chests, of disposable coin.

ANet have said this event has not gone as intended. So what was the intention? This is the second 3 day event that has fallen flat on it’s face.

The rewards needed to be handled alot better, scaling with gold, silver or bronze, to not encourage tag and run.

But really these are things ANet should already know. People have talked about tag and run happening in silverwasts. The player base have complained about the lack of reward in the game probably for around 3 years.

I do love the world ANet has created I really do, I would not be here if I didn’t, and I would not have played the Guild Wars games for the last 10 years if I didn’t.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

(edited by BrotherBelial.3094)

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I think everything else has been covered by other people here but I would like to mention one thing that probably was not, a sort of bug or annoyance:

After an event ends and your buff increases by one – if you are an engi and using a kit it gets unequipped for some odd reason. This is not game breaking but very annoying as you may still be helping to protect people still killing the mobs and ressing other players. You soon find out you are not helping so much because instead of your FT aoe attacking many mobs you are only going pew pew with your tiny pistol vs one. Please fix this for next time.

Edit: I will also post here my feelings in general over this whole event that I posted in another thread, hope it helps somewhat:

I think the event is a fail over all because really there is no purpose to it except to tag and muck about until the timer ends. We can’t fail at it, there is NO effect to the game world if we do poorly.

Even if there were ZERO people on the map to do the event nothing would happen, the invasion would still fail. Nothing in the world would change so there is NO real danger or threat (then again I guess that could be said about the whole dragon storyline anyways – sigh).

It’s all just a time limit to tag x amount of mobs/events for shiny rewards at the end. Immersion/lore goes out the window.

Sorry Anet, you failed on this one.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

Personally I was hoping for “Scarlet reskinned” invasions with loot and rewards from the groups (being reskinned as modrem swarms) and the final Scarlet (if the map was successful) being a modrem “boss”.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

As per usual the game should be designed around fun first and foremost. The economy and it’s balance should not dictate design. They should be secondary concerns. Make the game fun 1st, then balance the economy around that fun. That should be game economists’ job, not dictating game design. We have seen obvious examples of why giving the economy paramount consideration does not work, yet we continue trying to drive a square peg into a round hole. \But it is what it is …..I guess.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Arkhan.9354

Arkhan.9354

Pretty sure everything I have to say has already been said, but I feel compelled to echo the events need to be designed in such a way that the most efficient thing to do is that thing you want players to do. I feel sure the Dev do not want player jumping from a spawn to spawn, ever 40ish secs b/c getting bronze contribution and moving on is most efficient reward method.

The events themselves aren’t compelling, an intro letter and spam npc in LA, isn’t sufficient story, Silver waste works because it has story woven into it. This just feel disconnected, and with high grind intensive without reason. As we get more and more players returning and more and more new F2P accounts becoming active, we need events that encourage conversation, lend themselves well to good leadership.

To call the zone chat in event zone as unpleasant is something of understatement. It doesn’t put ether the game or the communities best foot forward. Go back s1 stuff if need be, but use the great experience executed in the past to shape the events of the future.

Test servers and shards exist for a reason, if this event had been test last weekend so many of this event issues could have been avoided. I don’t know how this stuff got through whatever internal testing system you guys use but this never should have gone live as it did.

Uniqueness each of the three zones should have had a different feel, with different things at risk. Rewards should also be more useful. New players aren’t going to get much use out the current vendor, adding exotic sets maybe the guild weapons sets for example could go a long way to helping new players.

Posted by: Artixera.5107

Artixera.5107

I find it odd than for a game that was supposed to be less about grinding you make an event like this where there’s nothing else than grinding, and yet, even if i grind to the best of my abilities i won’t be able to reach 450 blossoms in the set time because the rewards are too low, is there any thought about us who has jobs during the days and can only spend a couple of hours?

As it stands an event like this is made for a kid who can farm hours at a time, it’s really discouraging to participate in the event at all when i know i can’t reach the reward i want?

Just make the events long enough/more rewarding for everyone, i can’t be the only adult in the community who struggles to participate in grind heavy events like this because we can’t sink that kind of time into the game.

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

This event is from my POV fundamentally flawed. It asks ppl to go around leeching, being anti-social..not care about groups and so on just to get a higher experience. In fact it encourages this type of toxic mentality. Why? because you decided to reward players by “buff stacks”.

Here’s how you should have done this event:
- Map-wide mini-events (like now)
—-mobs have a good chance to drop loot
—-mobs give experience (this is good specially for the target audience of this event which is newcomers)
- After the event-bar is filled (30 minutes to do it) a boss appears on the map with a lot of indicators to where he is.
- The boss can’t be killed “1 hit”….It should be something that takes time giving people the chance to gether there and coordinate to kill it. Not just some random useless champion. Should be like a world boss (teq) only half the difficulty. ANOTHER 30 minutes allocated to kill him.
- Rewards should be guaranteed.
—-have to put a checkmark in place. If player X attended the filling of the bar he will get extra rewards from the boss
—-if player X did not attend the filling of the bar BUT was taxied in order to kill the boss, get less rewards BUT STILL he should receive rewards for coming and helping. The MAIN idea here is, people who participated at the whole thing (extra time wasted) should be rewarded more for that…while people who just come for the boss will get their share but not as much. There’s an easy way of doing this. The “bar filling” event is completely separate from the boss event…thus 2 separate rewards. This way you encourage participation.
-Idea for boss: the dragon we were fighting in the closed beta. This way you show off an interesting and different looking boss with fresh mechanics, to people who couldn’t atend the beta..and even get a few extra sells from it

This way the event would have been much more epic and memorable. The way you did it, as i said, is fundamentally FLAWED. It’s sad..it’s repetitive in a bad way…it encourages EVERYTHING an mmo should NOT encourage, it’s bugged filled…it’s rushed and it’s made by a lazy team that was forced to spit out something fast in order to “entertain the plebs” which, i have a feeling, you consider us more and more. This event in this state should not have existed. It’s better to have no event then to have this deplorable put together copypasted scripts already used, in a bad way.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Posted by: Malin.2490

Malin.2490

After seeing how much money I lost on waypointing, I can’t afford to continue playing this event since I just spent most my money outfitting my newest lvl 80. I’m better off waiting for the skins to be reused in the gem store eventually…

First event where it has actually COST money to participate…

Jamail Saoud [Nice], the man with the Drake

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Seeing as how it came off as the usual “Zerg from point to point” and “WP if you’re dead,” I said forget it and I don’t even want the rewards that I didn’t get.

You REALLY need to work on those “Zerg” and “WP if dead” problems.

This will never change as long as events are like this “spawn x mobs to kill” without any other effort required.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Seeing as how it came off as the usual “Zerg from point to point” and “WP if you’re dead,” I said forget it and I don’t even want the rewards that I didn’t get.

You REALLY need to work on those “Zerg” and “WP if dead” problems.

This will never change as long as events are like this “spawn x mobs to kill” without any other effort required.

The no loot from mobs did this.

Posted by: Simzani.4318

Simzani.4318

Why can’t you extend the event for 2 weeks, do you have something else after this ? A chain of event that will lead us without a day out to the release of the dlc ? And if so, why can’t you reduce the required blooms to buy items by 10, or increase rewards by 10 ?

Posted by: Keira Wildflower.7304

Keira Wildflower.7304

Currently, you have a system that will take hundreds of years instead of four days to complete for the casual player.

Here is the current setup you have:
Reward Distribution (from Dulfy)
You get 20 bonus Mordrem Blooms per day per map and a Vine-Covered Crate containing Memories of Scarlet Box or Arid Dusty Satchel.In addition, depending on your individual event completion, you can get some extras.
If you get 0-4 stacks of the Invasion Defender buff, you get 0 Mordrem Blooms
If you get 5-9 stacks of the Invasion Defender buff, you get 5 Mordrem Blooms
If you get 10-19 stacks of the Invasion Defender buff, you get 10 Mordrem Blooms
If you get 20-30+ stacks of the Invasion Defender buff, you get 15 Mordrem Blooms
This means that you can get 60 Mordrem Blooms from the daily for 3 maps and then anywhere from 0-15 Mordrem Blooms per map depending on how many Invasion Defender buff stacks you get.

My recommendation is simple.
1 Mordrem Bloom per successful event completed in the 0-4 stacks, 0 bonus stacks of Mordrem Blooms.
2 Mordrem Blooms per successful event completed in the 5-9 stacks, 5 bonus stacks of Mordrem Blooms.
3 Mordrem Blooms per successful event completed in the 10-14 stacks, 10 bonus stacks of Mordrem Blooms.
4 Mordrem Blooms per successful event completed in the 15-19 stacks, 15 bonus stacks of Mordrem Blooms.
5 Mordrem Blooms per successful event completed in the 20-24 stacks, 20 bonus stacks of Mordrem Blooms.
6 Mordrem Blooms per successful event completed in the 25-29 stacks, 25 bonus stacks of Mordrem Blooms.

This will give more meaning to the Grind that you have made and less complaints about what people are getting when it comes to Blooms. Goals will actually be reachable, even or the super casual player that has a job.

Posted by: Tayledras.1604

Tayledras.1604

Would love to see either this made a regular weekend event or have this particular event extended to a week or more, to accommodate the people who can’t endlessly grind for the blooms due to work commitments.

Precisely this. I appreciate the effort to give us new content…I really do. And I know its hard work putting together something like this. It just comes as very demoralizing when I realize that due to work, family and sleep I can’t even get one of the top rewards because there aren’t enough hours in a day for me to grind the required currency. I understand too the desire to have these sort of “you had to be there” events to reward active players that come and go so fast…maybe just not so fast? Give people more of a chance to see the content you’re creating and gain something from it. I know for some people its never going to be enough but I think we can do better than this.

If you want peace, prepare for war.

Posted by: Kitabake.8291

Kitabake.8291

Whenever i play my stacks are 17-19 and my rewards are as if i done 10. I feel like reward system suck kittens and events are pretty cool.
In my opinion rewards should be base on how many events were done by everyone and not based on how many tags were made. We can always add pre-request to participate reward we need to do at least 5 events so leechers wouldn’t get kittens

Posted by: Assic.2746

Assic.2746

Last time I made a post about lack of achievements in recent event, but it also misses some lore based stuff. You (ANet) added a new blog post about “Mordrem Guard”… there should be another NPC or even many of them – a whole reserch team. The more Mordrem Blooms players would gather and spend the more dialogue options would be avaible with NPCs and the more we could learn about Mordrem: their physique and behaviour.
And all of sudden event could become more interesting.

(edited by Assic.2746)

Posted by: Opal.9830

Opal.9830

Please, for the sake of my and others sanity:

Extend the event

OR

Lower the bloom costs for the prizes

OR

Increase the amount of blooms as a reward.

I have wanted the selfless potion for a very long time, having it put in the game in such an unachievable way is very disheartening.

Posted by: Mono.7320

Mono.7320

extending the event is fine but making rewards little higher is even better!!! at least make 40 blossom per hour we have to do some many events in one area and sometimes its impossible to get everything

Posted by: Bad Nursie.2876

Bad Nursie.2876

I hope events like these aren’t going to become the norm. By “like these,” I mean:

—No loot drops, meaning the magic find I’ve been busting my kitten to build up, is useless. Loot drops would help offset waypointing costs, too.
—No XP
—No Karma
—Short duration. Should be at least two weeks to allow people a reasonable amount of time to participate.

Banners, boosters, bonfires all useless for this event. Feel bad for the kind folks who are dropping them for these events and don’t realize they’re going to waste.

Been playing since headstart, and this is the worst event I’ve seen put out yet.

Come on, Anet. No more events like these, please. Loot drops, PLEASE!

(edited by Bad Nursie.2876)