"More Than An Expansion's Worth of Content"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: joeytan.3865

joeytan.3865

UHhhh, correct me if I’m wrong but the website below says that, all these stuff will be worked on for the first half of 2013.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/colin-johanson-on-guild-wars-2-in-the-months-ahead/

Well its almost over lol. So what’s gonna be happening for the second half? More 1 off content that can be finished in a day or 2?

Posted by: BrimstoneAshe.5043

BrimstoneAshe.5043

At the end of the day, even if you pay full $50+ price for GW2, you get a good bargain for game content that comes with the game. Additional content is just icing on the cake and isn’t costing you a dime.

Asuran Engineer – Norn Ranger
[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

At the end of the day, even if you pay full $50+ price for GW2, you get a good bargain for game content that comes with the game. Additional content is just icing on the cake and isn’t costing you a dime.

Depends if you purchase Gem items with money. But if you don’t, then you’re correct, it’s a good bargain regardless of what anyone says. If you pay 50 bucks for a game and get a great forum, updates, and decent support, and wiki (yes wiki since they provide the actual website). Not too bad.

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

Just to point this out, it seems like you are still hyping up your achievements post-launch beyond their scope. People do have a fairly commonly accepted idea of what is worthy of being an expansion, and if what you plan on releasing as a paid expansion is of the same scope as the updates we have gotten so far, I think it would be a poor consumer decision to purchase it.

So Colin, if what you say is true, then how come Bastion the company that printed the original press release, lists NCSoft as a client here?

It seems this company is employed to speak for NCSoft and by extension, ArenaNet as as you are a wholly owned subsidiary.

Unless you are in the habit of letting firms issue releases on your behalf without vetting them, it seems this company does in fact speak for you.

I’m surprised you didn’t run into these guys while preparing the game for launch.

Apparently, it’s not the only thing they’ve written about you guys.

Well, really? That’s it? That’s the scandalous affair that required a three pages thread and two dev postings? A UK marketing company that is just doing their job by overselling a product to those who are gullible enough to take obvious marketing trash talk as facts? Seriously?

Ok, this now officially classifies this thread as the most superfluous thing I have read this month in the forums. And now I have also posted in it. I feel dirty …

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

(edited by MRA.4758)

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

However, A PR company (I’m sure it would have been one of a few), that helped market the game you spent 5 odd years making, and millions of dollars funding? I’d know the company name at the very least!

I think you are mixing things up here. ArenaNet (the company Colin Johanson is working for) is the developer of Guild Wars 2. It is NCsoft who acts as the publisher of Guild Wars 2.

Marketing and advertising are usually the responsibilities of the publisher, not the developer.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

(edited by MRA.4758)

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

However, A PR company (I’m sure it would have been one of a few), that helped market the game you spent 5 odd years making, and millions of dollars funding? I’d know the company name at the very least!

I think you are mixing things up here. ArenaNet (the company Colin Johanson is working for) is the developer of Guild Wars 2. It is NCsoft who acts as the publisher of Guild Wars 2.

Marketing and advertising are usually the responsibilities of the publisher, not the developer.

~MRA

So basically the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing. That’s scary.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: Guitarzero.8316

Guitarzero.8316

Soooo people are upset with monthly content updates (whether big or small)
that you didn’t really know about last year when you purchased the game
that hasen’t cost you a cent

hmmm i guess the entitlement of $60 goes a long way nowadays

Anet should probably just pay their entire player base a monthly fee when they release an update with the backwards logic people have

Aeonblade.8709

Soooo people are upset with monthly content updates (whether big or small)
that you didn’t really know about last year when you purchased the game
that hasen’t cost you a cent

hmmm i guess the entitlement of $60 goes a long way nowadays

Anet should probably just pay their entire player base a monthly fee when they release an update with the backwards logic people have

No, people are upset because 2 hours worth of content is not worth a month of development. We don’t see a good return on the time invested for LS or the other updates they have done, so a lot of players are still waiting on things they bought the game for that has never came.

Although if they want to pay me for testing their game, I’m down

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

i guess their marketing worked huh?

Why, yes, yes, it did. If you consider all three Guild Wars campaigns and Eye of the North as ‘marketing’ for Guild Wars 2.

I don’t think GW1 players make up as much of the playerbase as you think.

Well I’m a player from GW1 era, but I can vouch that 90 percent of my gw1 friends either bought the game and quit early, or just never purchased.

Yea, there are a few of us who stuck around. At first it looked like they are trying to appease the WoW crowd, but now I’m not so sure what or who they are trying to appease.

Basically people like me. I have a long memory when it comes to things in interviews that companies would like the public to forget (and public figures as well btw) and I like this company I think they did a good job on their leveling and pre-end game level 80 crafting, it’s what’s happened since that’s got me and my kind riled up.

This basically is nothing more then TBC dailies to keep the subscribers appeased and quiet that’s the only comparison I can make that will make everyone understand. It’s the process of extending the gameplay with temporary solutions so that the players don’t notice it’s happening. It happened throughout all of the sub games I’ve ever played and that’s why it’s so disgusting to see it here.

It’s disgusting because we were led to believe that the devs of this game were different somehow that they were mmo gamers themselves and knew the tactics used against the player populous and gave us the impression that they wouldn’t do that to us luring us in with a false sense of hope.

and then BAM Dungeon Focus (wha? where’d did those 7 years of promises go?), DR, PVE imbalance and constant respecs, loot manipulation, RNG everything, boxes for RMT, and content that could barely call a substitute for the pemanent additions we were told were coming.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Just for clarity, this quote isn’t from NCSoft PR, marketing, or ArenaNet.

I’m really glad to hear this directly . It had me very worried a friend’s guild even knee-jerked, him and their 224 members left for neverwinter over it I know it’s not a very large number but none the less the statement was enough to scare people.

However it does seem the place where this originated is in fact contracted with NCSoft .

so they left gw2 for a game that had to do a 7 hour rollback because of multiple hacks that included but were not limited to being able to post a negative number bid on the auction hose and then turn that in game gold into real world currency? wow.

can i have their stuff?

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Maz.8604

Maz.8604

What?

Talent system and XP rework – should of been in release, it shipped WITHOUT talent tree’s for some classes, at all, xp was an afterthought, a simple thing to change.

Actually, the Patch 1.1 was released more than two weeks before launch, and contained the final talent trees on November 7th 2004.

The game itself was released November 23, 2004.

PvP BGs – was stated to be in at release but wasnt, again this was obviously not finished but mostly done, a new map being released (or has it bee?) for MoP latley has been in the game files since alpha, just never activated, also PvP Battlegrounds where added close to 1year AFTER launch, think you have your timescales wrong on this one.

Hate to burst your bubble, but the Battleground patch was released in June of 2005, which was… 6-7 months after launch! …We’re almost finished with the 8-9 month period of GW2 post-launch.

I’m not entirely sure what the point of a map that’s never being used has to do with anything. That means they had extra work that they hadn’t even released waiting in the wings. What productivity!

the two dungeons again where in the data files but never finished and the 40man raid shipped with unplayable bugs for a whole month and a half.

Guess what? Developers always work on content for post-launch before the game comes out anyway in MMOs. Did you know that Flame and Frost was already planned and being worked on prior to the release of GW2?

I’m not entirely sure how that’s different than the myriad of bugs that came out with GW2. I never said it was bug free, I’m saying that a new raid was released by this point along the timeline post-launch.

Rose tintes glasses i think (or read a fanboy article) now Arenanet has done a fantastic job so far and i really wouldn’t knock it, its free, its frequent, it’s ambitious.

All those rose-tinted cited references! My poor eyes! And my poor soul for your lack of argument and resorting to an attack by ridicule at the very end.

And ultimately, it saddens me that people believe that since they got more than 60 dollars worth out of their purchase (compared to a standard game title) that it’s somehow as good as getting what you were marketed with.

(edited by Maz.8604)

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

And ultimately, it saddens me that people believe that since they got more than 60 dollars worth out of their purchase (compared to a standard game title) that it’s somehow as good as getting what you were marketed with.

blink

People get sad over differences in individual experiences and opinions? (Because, yes, IMO, GW2 is everything they advertised and more. Sorry to make you depressed.)

Maz.8604

blink

People get sad over differences in individual experiences and opinions? (Because, yes, IMO, GW2 is everything they advertised and more. Sorry to make you depressed.)

No, everyone is free to have a different opinion. I for one would love to hear your case for how they met their statements in advertisement, especially given what I posted in the OP, especially with the metric that their updates would not only be more than an expansion’s worth of content, but also give us more in their updates than we get with a subscription MMO. I would love for you to make a detailed case.

No, what saddens me is the dismissal, not of that you think they made good on their marketing promises, but that there are people who think that since they got more value than they get out of a normal 60 dollar title, that it’s all good. That is not the same as meeting the goals outlined in your marketing.

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

blink

Lucky you. I don’t mean that in a condescending way, I mean it. I remember players in my Guild/Alliance telling me about the lack of skills in the game but I bought it anyway. They told me that it got boring fast, I bought it anyway. I could extend this but I can’t lie about having gotten my moneys worth because I bought it anyway.

One thing I won’t admit to is it being everything and more. This is simply not true for me. The only person depressed (not actually depressed, just a lil sad) in this scenario is me after 5 years of GW1 tunnel vision and grinding 50/50.

After Nov 15th I just find myself installing the game sporadically for a weekend or two at best. In the first game I slowly saved up cash, bought ectos with general and lucky drops from fun dungeons and eventually bought what I wanted. In this game I just feel that I have no chance to do that, so why bother?

(edited by Paul.4081)

Ursan.7846

No, everyone is free to have a different opinion. I for one would love to hear your case for how they met their statements in advertisement, especially given what I posted in the OP, especially with the metric that their updates would not only be more than an expansion’s worth of content, but also give us more in their updates than we get with a subscription MMO. I would love for you to make a detailed case.

I think a poster earlier in this thread mention this, but different people have different opinions of what an “expansion” consists of. Triple-A MMO players have a certain expectation, while players of smaller MMOs have a different expectation.

Which is why Colin admits that using such a vague term which could mean different things to different people was such a terrible idea. I read the original interview. I also read his comment on the forum immediately after.

In saying this will be an expansions worth of stuff in these releases, we’re talking about the number of new features that will be rolled out across PvE, WvW, and PvP in early 2013

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/January-updates-Any-sources/first#post1136181

And to this date, that’s pretty much exactly what has been added. Laurels, Guild Missions, Living Story, WXP, and maps/observer mode/custom arenas in PvP.

So yes, I can understand people getting upset over Colin’s use of the word “expansion.” It’s vague, and caused some people to set some incredibly misleading expectations.

But after reading his post where he specifically listed out what’s generally going to be added? I set my expectations accordingly, and was not frustrated.

Maz.8604

So yes, I can understand people getting upset over Colin’s use of the word “expansion.” It’s vague, and caused some people to set some incredibly misleading expectations.

But after reading his post where he specifically listed out what’s generally going to be added? I set my expectations accordingly, and was not frustrated.

And then we’ve come full circle to where a marketing firm employed by his company (and it is, ArenaNet is a wholly owned subsidiary of NCsoft) using the same misleading words in marketing following a price drop which occurs usually when a game wants to add more players. And thus this post, calling them out on it.

Ursan.7846

And then we’ve come full circle to where a marketing firm employed by his company (and it is, ArenaNet is a wholly owned subsidiary of NCsoft) using the same misleading words in marketing following a price drop which occurs usually when a game wants to add more players. And thus this post, calling them out on it.

No, I think you miss the circle because I never questioned you calling out Anet on this quote. I just find it incredibly odd that you’d be so emotionally moved over people who actually didn’t feel misled by their marketing, especially when so much of it comes down to individual perception and opinions.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Nah. GW1 was not even close to a perfect game. Nobody’s made a perfect game yet.

That said, there are things about GW1 that are different from any other game out there, and those things, I think, are what the community really liked about it.

Now I happen to think that, with GW2, ArenaNet has changed their target audience, no doubt aiming for something bigger than the GW community. Fair enough, but with that about-face, you shouldn’t be surprised to see quite a few very upset and disappointed GW1 players.

So nobody’s saying GW is the perfect game. What I think the old GW community is saying is that GW2 is not an improved version of GW. It actually got rid of much of what GW players liked so much about GW. So many people expected GW2 to be like GW, but better. Instead we got something that’s not like GW at all, and fairly debatable whether or not it’s a better (or more fun) game.

What does this add up to? A bunch of people who spent 8 years as ArenaNet fans, and the last almost 6 years looking forward to a wonderful improvement in the same spirit as Guild Wars. As we can see, that amounts to a large number of people who are disappointed that their years of excitement and anticipation were mostly not worth it.

Well said Chuo; I do not believe it was entirely intentional though. A bigger fan base= more value. I know they wanted to keep the close-knit GW1 community and tried very hard with HoM and the achievements/name reservations, but the game did take another path all together. That said this is not GW1 and the game will make it’s own name for itself, whether us GW1 fans like it or not.

I believe GW2 is going to have it’s own unique fan base with a close-knit community; It just won’t be the same GW1 fans (excluding some ;] )

This is a good point.

People complain this is not like Guild Wars 1, and in a lot of ways that’s true. But people also say this game is becoming more and more like WoW. In a lot of ways this isn’t true. It’s becoming less like Guild Wars 1, true, but a game can become less like Guild Wars 1 without becoming a WoW clone.

And part of the problem is people insist on playing it like WoW even though it’s not. So those people won’t play the game as designed. This is true for a lot of fans in a lot of games or genres. My son, no matter what game he plays, he always plays the same type of character, in the same type of roll, in the exact same way. The game is irrelevant to him, because he’s playing his own game on top of it.

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Nah. GW1 was not even close to a perfect game. Nobody’s made a perfect game yet.

That said, there are things about GW1 that are different from any other game out there, and those things, I think, are what the community really liked about it.

Now I happen to think that, with GW2, ArenaNet has changed their target audience, no doubt aiming for something bigger than the GW community. Fair enough, but with that about-face, you shouldn’t be surprised to see quite a few very upset and disappointed GW1 players.

So nobody’s saying GW is the perfect game. What I think the old GW community is saying is that GW2 is not an improved version of GW. It actually got rid of much of what GW players liked so much about GW. So many people expected GW2 to be like GW, but better. Instead we got something that’s not like GW at all, and fairly debatable whether or not it’s a better (or more fun) game.

What does this add up to? A bunch of people who spent 8 years as ArenaNet fans, and the last almost 6 years looking forward to a wonderful improvement in the same spirit as Guild Wars. As we can see, that amounts to a large number of people who are disappointed that their years of excitement and anticipation were mostly not worth it.

Well said Chuo; I do not believe it was entirely intentional though. A bigger fan base= more value. I know they wanted to keep the close-knit GW1 community and tried very hard with HoM and the achievements/name reservations, but the game did take another path all together. That said this is not GW1 and the game will make it’s own name for itself, whether us GW1 fans like it or not.

I believe GW2 is going to have it’s own unique fan base with a close-knit community; It just won’t be the same GW1 fans (excluding some ;] )

This is a good point.

People complain this is not like Guild Wars 1, and in a lot of ways that’s true. But people also say this game is becoming more and more like WoW. In a lot of ways this isn’t true. It’s becoming less like Guild Wars 1, true, but a game can become less like Guild Wars 1 without becoming a WoW clone.

And part of the problem is people insist on playing it like WoW even though it’s not. So those people won’t play the game as designed. This is true for a lot of fans in a lot of games or genres. My son, no matter what game he plays, he always plays the same type of character, in the same type of roll, in the exact same way. The game is irrelevant to him, because he’s playing his own game on top of it.

I play alts in this game but a lot of it feels the same nomatter how different I try to make it (Charr, Asuran etc.) Maybe that’s because of me and how I expect it to be when I do.

The good thing is when I do I have a nice strong Guild that allows me to. Others might not.

I really feel sorry for new players to the game, they must take one look at the TP and die inside

(edited by Paul.4081)

Vayne.8563

This is a good point.

I play alts in this game but a lot of it feels the same nomatter how different I try to make it (Charr, Asuran etc.) Maybe that’s because of me and how I expect it to be when I do.

The good thing is when I do I have a nice strong Guild that allows me to. Others might not.

I really feel sorry for new players to the game, they must take one look at the TP and die inside

Well the first 20 levels of the personal story are certainly different from race to race.

From my observations there are two ways to play any game. You can either be a mechanics player or an immersion player. Actually it’s not that simple. Most people are probably both to some degree, but lean toward one way or another. They are mutually exclusive. If you’re focused on mechanics and numbers, you can’t immerse yourself as easily in world and character. If you’re immersed in world and character, you don’t want to see numbers or even think about them. If efficiency is all you care about, you’ll end up with very similar builds and maybe playstyles on all characters.

But each zone, from my point of view, has a very different feel. When I play a charr, starting in the charr zones, my experience is completely different than playing a human in a human zone. My character feels different. He/she does things for different reasons. Has different goals. Hates different enemies.

It’s all about how you approach the game. Mechanics players get the short end of the stick in Guild Wars 2, where as I’m happy as a clam (most of the time).

tigirius.9014

Amazes me people are still walking around with blinders on. No one’s saying that people didn’t enjoy the thing, no one’s saying that you couldn’t have fun.

The problem is are they fulfilling the promises made in their prelaunch marketing. No they aren’t.

Heck they haven’t even fulfilled the post launch promises so how can more people not be mad about this? Laurels for achievements, no, LFG for their new dungeon focus, no, permanent world changing dynamic events monthly, no, class balance fulfilled in PVE, no, dungeons that aren’t setup so that other builds (healing or condition) are useless, no, new metas, no, legendaries having the same stats as ascended and easier to get (less grind), no, the list is getting longer and longer people. When is waiting for almost a year waiting too long?

I’ve got alot more btw, but haven’t had my caffeine yet.

Posted by: r z.7261

r z.7261

You won’t see a large expansion from Anet for Guild Wars 2.

Why?

Because they allocate too much of their development towards temporary content.

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Why?

You must not have played the first Guild Wars.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Aeonblade.8709

Why?

I did and I agree with him. This may change in the future, but don’t expect an expansion this year.

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

But if you consider Guild Wars 2 to be your typical F2P MMORPG, then yes this content is sufficient to call an expansion worth of content. F2P MMORPGs have small expansions which don’t have a ton of content. A dungeon here, a few new quests, some bug fixes and new features, and some new cash shop items. Nothing major or game changing. The few content updates we have received from Guild Wars 2 is similar to that of a basic F2P MMORPG.

I would have to massively disagree with you here. LotRO is f2p and gets huge expansions. EQ2 has the same thing going. Heck even going by Guild Wars 1(if you consider this a f2p game then so was the first) had huge expansions.

I don’t know f2p games you are talking about, but I think most of them put out content every couple weeks that surpasses the content out of the GW2 team so far.

Posted by: r z.7261

r z.7261

Why?

Which is why I explicitly state in my post, Guild Wars 2.

And quite frankly, I don’t see how anything Guild Wars relates to Guild Wars 2 because they are very different games. I mean really, I honestly would not even call GW2 a sequel to GW, based upon the huge differences in the games. Just because Guild Wars had many expansions does not mean Guild Wars 2 will have many.

(edited by r z.7261)

Posted by: Laryakan.1684

Laryakan.1684

I hope that we will see a credible brand new content quickly … And free, because of what was sold to us (The 5 Elder Dragons and the whole Tyria).

EDIT : Guild Wars 2 was created because ArenaNet couldn’t do what they wanted with the first GW (initialy, GW2 was planned for 2009, and before GW2, ArenaNet planned to launch Guild Wars Utopia : Aborted because they couldn’t do what they wanted).

But Guild Wars 2 have the same engine (technical)!

And if I trust ArenaNet, I’m sure that If we have to pay for an expansion, it will be gigantic (like a new continent or something). But now, we have to kill 4 Dragons before that.

(edited by Laryakan.1684)

Vayne.8563

I hope that we will see a credible brand new content quickly … And free, because of what was sold to us (The 5 Elder Dragons and the whole Tyria).

EDIT : Guild Wars 2 was created because ArenaNet couldn’t do what they wanted with the first GW (initialy, GW2 was planned for 2009, and before GW2, ArenaNet planned to launch Guild Wars Utopia : Aborted because they couldn’t do what they wanted).

But Guild Wars 2 have the same engine (technical)!

And if I trust ArenaNet, I’m sure that If we have to pay for an expansion, it will be gigantic (like a new continent or something). But now, we have to kill 4 Dragons before that.

No one said we get to kill four dragons in the first game. It’s always been said we fight Zhaitan in the first game. I wouldn’t expect to fight another major dragon until an expansion comes out.

Laryakan.1684

I don’t agree. We saw all dragons in trailers. We know that there is other dragons since GW:EotN. ArenaNet always launched massive and EXCLUSIVE content as paying “expansion”, not just one or two new areas. And GW:Beyond just saw us some speculative content for Cantha and Elona.

Vayne.8563

I don’t agree. We saw all dragons in trailers. We know that there is other dragons since GW:EotN. ArenaNet always launched massive and EXCLUSIVE content as paying “expansion”, not just one or two new areas. And GW:Beyond just saw us some speculative content for Cantha and Elona.

The Guild Wars 1 trailer showed Zhaitan. We always knew there were more dragons, but where did you see that we get to fight every dragon for free without paying for a content upgrade.

Show me, I’d like to see where you got that idea.

The trailers showed the dragons appearing, so that we could see how and why the world changed. That’s not an implication that you get to fight them all for the same $60.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I think he might be thinking of Tequatl and co. I seem to remember seeing them in trailers along with some of the first huge enemies of the personal stories. Even SB was in the trailer if I recall correctly.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Wildstar… here I come!

If Wildstar delivers what they promise (big IF though, talk is cheap) then the GW2 team better start soon with adding some more meat to their game or the game will fall into obscurity come winter.

Laryakan.1684

No, I’m talking about the 5 know Elder Dragons (Primordius, Jormag, Kralkatorrik, Zaithan, and the Deep Sea Dragon). They were not realy in trailers, but we saw some of them in GW1…

Since my last post, I read an ITW. I guess you’re maybe right Vayne, I apologize… Devs said that the main plot of GW2 will be (now “is”) the fight against Zaithan.
I’m quite disapointed.

EDIT : I hoped paying expansions will be on Cantha or Elona…

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Done with your witch hunt yet, Maz?

Anyone who leaves this game for Neverwinter is in for major disappointment.

Laryakan.1684

I’m still hoping things. I don’t know if I’m right. I really loved GW1. But I’m feared about the GW2 marketing. ArenaNet always took care of their fans, even if its not the case of every ArenaNet employee.
I’ve found something :
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-wars-2-content-update/first#post86706

According to him, it’s greatly possible to see a “large-scale content” like other Elder Dragons for FREE.
I remember why ArenaNet was founded. And it’s not for making money.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Wildstar… here I come!

If Wildstar delivers what they promise (big IF though, talk is cheap) then the GW2 team better start soon with adding some more meat to their game or the game will fall into obscurity come winter.

I agree…

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: hildegain.2106

hildegain.2106

I remember why ArenaNet was founded. And it’s not for making money.

Maybe that’s why you don’t work for them, they have got to eat.

Laryakan.1684

You misunderstood me… or you’re just trolling me.

EDIT : I mean ArenaNet is a passionate team which creating games for passionate guys. Making money isn’t their first preoccupation.

tigirius.9014

Wildstar… here I come!

I agree…

I’m seeing that too.

And I’d like to add to all those who really seriously think that Arenanet doesn’t have money making on their brain, just look at their broken TP economy that continues to inflate. And look at their animation for the new unlimited tool in the shop.

And finally yes it’s important for a title to earn money for future developement but we’ve already seen that money go elsewhere setting this game on automatic, AND plenty of other mmo’s that are F2P are making buttloads of cash without sacrificing content development and without manipulation of loot farming.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Wildstar is from the same company you are currently kittening about.

Wildstar… here I come!

I agree…

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Yeah I’m pretty dissapointed in the way content is added in this game, temporary content with temporary stuff to buy from the store some with random chances, no thanks.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Vayne.8563

No, I’m talking about the 5 know Elder Dragons (Primordius, Jormag, Kralkatorrik, Zaithan, and the Deep Sea Dragon). They were not realy in trailers, but we saw some of them in GW1…

Since my last post, I read an ITW. I guess you’re maybe right Vayne, I apologize… Devs said that the main plot of GW2 will be (now “is”) the fight against Zaithan.
I’m quite disapointed.

EDIT : I hoped paying expansions will be on Cantha or Elona…

I’m a big Guild Wars 1 fan as well. I was very excited to see Kralkatorrik there sleep (when I finally found him).

Don’t be disappointed. Guild Wars 1 had paid expansions too and Guild Wars 2, for the box price, is bigger than any single Guild Wars 1 game in the first place.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Honestly, this game doesn’t feel like it’s had an expansion’s worth of content. There have been some nice distractions since release, but:
– The dungeons are the same. We’ve only seen temporary and/or holiday dungeons added
– There are still the same classes/races. No additions here.
– There are no new skills/abilities released.
– The only real addition to the map (Southsun) is pretty tiny compared to anything from any other game’s expansion.

We have seen some new PvP maps, which is nice, although they are still the same game-type (conquest), so even in that area, it doesn’t feel like much has changed.

This is a really great game, but I don’t believe for a second that we’ve had the equivalent of an expansion added to the game.

(edited by Dahkeus.8243)

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

I rather pay for actual expansions than having mediocre content for free.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I rather pay for actual expansions than having mediocre content for free.

Agreed with this. I’d throw $60 down in a heartbeat if I thought that I could actually get a solid addition to the game.