More complaints...

More complaints...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cedric Ambidexter.9174

Cedric Ambidexter.9174

Why oh why does each dungeon/whatever possess up to 40 levels to traverse? That makes no sense. Every single item/feature of this game is like a ‘ladder’ that you have to climb in stats to achieve some reward which adds absolutely nothing to your character’s abilities. And don’t deny this one guys, you know I’m right!

:)

More complaints...

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I thought you were leaving?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

More complaints...

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Yeah, and I still haven’t received your stuff, Cedric!

More complaints...

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Absolutely, no idea what the OP is referring to. Perhaps, some kind poster would enlighten me?

More complaints...

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Absolutely, no idea what the OP is referring to. Perhaps, some kind poster would enlighten me?

Well, he was complaining about fractals earlier.

My guess is he got the harpy fractal or cliffside fractal.

I don’t recall any dungeons with that much vertical things.

More complaints...

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Oh, my bad! I thought OP was talking about something like paths. Not actual ‘ladders’ and such.

Silly me. =P

More complaints...

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I think he’s complaining that getting to high fractals doesn’t make your stats more uber.

Cedric, that’s the point. GW2 is a game where maximizing your stats is quick and easy, and the remainder of a character’s combat ability is down to personal skill, not gear.

The payoff for the thing in question, fractals, is higher monetary rewards for doing harder content. It’s not supposed to reward you better for making content easier. It’s supposed to reward you better because content is more difficult. Agony Resistance is a balancing lever put there to prevent even the most skilled players from advancing too quickly to the highest levels and immediately earning the most valuable rewards, so that there is a sense of progression.

Many of your complaints about GW2 stem from an assumption that the game should scale character power in a similar manner to other games. GW2 doesn’t do that. It’s deliberate and one of the main reasons people that enjoy this game continue to play it.

There’s nothing wrong with disliking that, but what you view as a negative, most of the community views as a positive.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

More complaints...

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I think he’s complaining that getting to high fractals doesn’t make your stats more uber.

Cedric, that’s the point. GW2 is a game where maximizing your stats is quick and easy, and the remainder of a character’s combat ability is down to personal skill, not gear.

The payoff for the thing in question, fractals, is higher monetary rewards for doing harder content. It’s not supposed to reward you better for making content easier. It’s supposed to reward you better because content is more difficult. Agony Resistance is a balancing lever put there to prevent even the most skilled players from advancing too quickly to the highest levels and immediately earning the most valuable rewards, so that there is a sense of progression.

Many of your complaints about GW2 stem from an assumption that the game should scale character power in a similar manner to other games. GW2 doesn’t do that. It’s deliberate and one of the main reasons people that enjoy this game continue to play it.

There’s nothing wrong with disliking that, but what you view as a negative, most of the community views as a positive.

I admire how calmly and rationally you’re answering the OP. Personally, I don’t believe Cedric is a real person anymore. I think he’s a focus group of uni psychology students who are conducting some kind of experiment on how groups in an anonymous medium respond to injections of irrationality into the group dynamic. Some of ‘his’ posts just seem too ..formulated to be incidental.