Most Deaths, 50g competition

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Just wondering who got the most.

Type /age and /deaths in chat.

Personally:

Died 7,216 times.

Played 3241 hours on this character, 3,400 hours over all characters.

Update edit: I got beat by a margin. Competition will run until January 31st. Highest posted Death/hour will receive either 50g or 800 gems worth of giftable gem store items of their choice from me. To enter the competition you need to have logged at least 1500 hours of playtime logged on your character. Type in chat:

/age
/deaths

May the worst one win.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

Wanze.8410

20 days and no reply. I guess this makes me the undisputed, unchallenged King of Death.

I fully expect Anet to send me a black quaggan backpack by mail and a related title for my account. Whoever thought i spend most of my time on the TP, please disconnect and uninstall the game, thank you very much.

At this time, challengers of NA are excepted.

Wanze.8410

OK, before this topic leaves page one, let me post a challenge, it doesnt matter if you are EU or NA.

Whoever posts a screenshot with a higher death/age ratio per character than me first, gets 50g in game from me or a giftable item from the gem shop up to the value of 800 gems.

To be eligible, you need to have at least 1500 hours played on the character.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I know I’ve only died about 2200 times or so (and am at work now), so I guess I can’t win.

Unfortunately, again, I’m at work or I might plan the quickest way to automate (without macros/bots) suicide that I might surpass you before anyone else does. Now that I think about it, I wonder if it’s even possible. Best I can think of is clicking a WP in Rata Sum and holding down the forward walk button.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

Personally:

Died 7,216 times.

This has to be from pvp, 2 deaths an hour in PvE over 3200 hours is unimaginable. Not even Valve testers could achieve such greatness.

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

You have played for an average of 9.55 hours a day for an entire year.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Wanze.8410

I know I’ve only died about 2200 times or so (and am at work now), so I guess I can’t win.

Unfortunately, again, I’m at work or I might plan the quickest way to automate (without macros/bots) suicide that I might surpass you before anyone else does. Now that I think about it, I wonder if it’s even possible. Best I can think of is clicking a WP in Rata Sum and holding down the forward walk button.

I mostly play only 1 character and it has been standing in front of the tp quite alot, so i am quite surprised that my death ratio was so high when i mentioned it in guild chat.

Some people might come out to troll and state that making money on the tp doesnt make you a better player and rightly so. It only makes you richer.

I still have the Dungeon Master Title, finished all jps and have world completion as well as over 40k kills in wvw. Slacking in Pvp though, with rank 15 or so.

Wanze.8410

You have played for an average of 9.55 hours a day for an entire year.

I played for more than a year which would bring my playtime per day down to about 6 hours while i was afk alot of the time. While i agree that 6 hours on average for 18 months is excessive, this is off topic and you raise the question even higher, why nobody has a higher ratio.

Rising Dusk.2408

I mostly play only 1 character and it has been standing in front of the tp quite alot, so i am quite surprised that my death ratio was so high when i mentioned it in guild chat.

Some people might come out to troll and state that making money on the tp doesnt make you a better player and rightly so. It only makes you richer.

I still have the Dungeon Master Title, finished all jps and have world completion as well as over 40k kills in wvw. Slacking in Pvp though, with rank 15 or so.

That’s still really impressive. Not to say you’re a bad player or anything, but it’s just a really high D/Hr ratio. I am pretty sure I have about 800 deaths on my main out of all deaths on my account and 1300 hours on that character for a ratio of 0.615, while yours is 2.226! This is the character I’ve done at a minimum 10k dungeon paths with and 1/2 of my WvW on, so maybe I just don’t throw myself at zergs enough! Haha.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I would like to see a printscreen for that.
A TP player that barely play PvP that have an average of 2 deaths a hour?

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Wanze.8410

Personally:

Died 7,216 times.

This has to be from pvp, 2 deaths an hour in PvE over 3200 hours is unimaginable. Not even Valve testers could achieve such greatness.

I dont do pvp much. I got up to rank 15 but most of that progression was after i posted this. I do a decent amount of wvw but with over 40k kills to 7k deaths i am in in a decent ratio.

Personally i was quite astonished by my death ratio when i brought it up in guild chat.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

So how in the world do you have such high deaths? I probably have more than you, I’ll check later.

Kumu Honua.2751

I play mostly WvWvW (Except recently since I’m on terrible wifi).

2058 deaths, 1900 hours. 508 days.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Personally:

Died 7,216 times.

Depends on what he was playing. Playing world 2 of SAB or any zome/world on Tribulation mode would definitely guarantee more than 2 deaths an hour (for the time it was available anyways). JPs and WvW could also definitely accumulate deaths realatively quickly (WvW specifically).

Will have to try to check later. I’ll have to check the 4ish most used (out of 11) and see if my total can beat the OPs. (My deaths won’t include PvP, I think I’ve did pvp once, unless you’re including the minigames in with PvP).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Vol.7601

Personally:

Died 7,216 times.

Depends on what he was playing. Playing world 2 of SAB or any zome/world on Tribulation mode would definitely guarantee more than 2 deaths an hour (for the time it was available anyways). JPs and WvW could also definitely accumulate deaths realatively quickly (WvW specifically).

Interesting. I wonder if that is how people can farm deaths. Set your character to auto run and jump off the edge of the map!

Wanze.8410

So how in the world do you have such high deaths? I probably have more than you, I’ll check later.

I honestly have no idea, i am quite surprised myself. I´ll wager all the silver ingots in my bank on you slacking in terms of deaths. And i have more than you posted on your last screenshot.

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

9176 Deaths
2676 hours 508 days

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Nowhere near your deaths Wanze, I would get a screenshot of anyone claiming the prize btw…

Similar thread on WvW section of this forum where I posted my details, so I may as well post here as well.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Pure-WvWers-post-your-age-Deaths-ect/first#post3470840

Total GW2 hours: 1,578 hrs
Total GW2 deaths: 3,501

8×80’s exactly 1 of each class, mostly all in exotics/ascended trinkets.
No ascended weapons or armour.

Majority of my deaths are in PvP, you can easily die 6+ times in a 15 min game (double, triple that if your a Ele…lol).

Probably go with around 2,000+ deaths in PvP.
1000+ in WvW.
500 or less in PvE, mainly dungeons/fractals/fighting those 1 shot bosses/traps that Anet love so much…

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

Wanze.8410

9176 Deaths
2676 hours 508 days

Please post a screenshot of you unrivaled achievement along with your choice of a 800 gems giftable reward or 50 gold.

Your inclusion of 508 days makes your post kinda suspicious.

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

I have an average of 4.5 deaths an hour on my elementalist which I’ve played full glass in WvW/PvP for the last 8 months.

Though I only have 640 hours on the character which is about half of my total play time in game.

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

Kumu Honua.2751

508 days is what you have if you started on pre-release.

For example:

Attachments:

Vargamonth.2047

9176 Deaths
2676 hours 508 days

Please post a screenshot of you unrivaled achievement along with your choice of a 800 gems giftable reward or 50 gold.

No reward needed, winnig this competition is honor enough
No, seriously, I’m fairly sure many pure sPvP players will easily beat me :P

Attachments:

Wanze.8410

Just for clarification as i didnt post a screenshot myself, the age in days actually gets stated.

Attachments:

Wanze.8410

9176 Deaths
2676 hours 508 days

Fair enough and i will stand by my word and offer the reward to you, if you please, just pm me. If you forfeit your reward, i will donate 50g to our guild bank, as we do guild lotteries on a general basis.

As i said before i dont do much pvp (lvl 15) and was wondering where my high death ratio came from.

Cheers,

Vargamonth.2047

9176 Deaths
2676 hours 508 days

Fair enough and i will stand by my word and offer the reward to you, if you please, just pm me. If you forfeit your reward, i will donate 50g to our guild bank, as we do guild lotteries on a general basis.

As i said before i dont do much pvp (lvl 15) and was wondering where my high death ratio came from.

Cheers,

I’m OK with your guild receiving those 50g
Being able to show the fruits of my suicidal tendencies is enough reward for me

If you manage to make the thread remain on first page for some time, someone will beat me by a good margin.
Over 3 deaths an hour is not hard to achieve; in fact, it’s almost ensured in sPvP (not even talking about solo tries, SAB tribulation mode without guides, WvW solo roaming on superhero mode, Light Up the Darkness and a lot more).

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

This is what happens when you play mostly PvP and WvW. You’re going to die…. a lot.

10,060 deaths

Also here’s a screen for the age.

Attachments:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

Vargamonth.2047

This character, for example, has been leveled to 80, but other than that has been used for little more than sPvP, Lupicus solo tries and AC Spider Queen solo tries at lvl35.

Pure sPvP character can die even more often I guess.

Attachments:

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

My little Thief~ not as high. Maybe it’s cuz I have Ninja Vanish.
Or cuz ppl fear the silly hat.

Active in PvE and WvW a lot, used to do SPvP a lot on him till I discovered Warrior easymode.

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Rising Dusk.2408

Wanze, you should do more competitions like this! It’s cool seeing mini-competitions like this on the official forums since I can’t really enjoy the fansites. It’s also cool to have competitions that aren’t bloody RNG lotteries. I never had a chance at winning this one, but it was neat seeing it anyway.

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

I have 9 level 80’s but for my main, a Guardian..

Age 1,908 hours on him with 3,705 hours between all toons
Deaths on the Guardian 3,577 by far the worst

Theftwind (HoD)

Wanze.8410

Wanze, you should do more competitions like this! It’s cool seeing mini-competitions like this on the official forums since I can’t really enjoy the fansites. It’s also cool to have competitions that aren’t bloody RNG lotteries. I never had a chance at winning this one, but it was neat seeing it anyway.

Thanks for the positive feedback, alot of credit goes to Varga for claiming the title first and not insisting on the price and Harbinger, who holds the belt right now, i guess.

For me, it just was a way to find out, if i am just a mediocre player and from where my death/hour was coming from. As hardcore spvp guys will propably claim the price, i dont mind to run this competition until the end of January. Same rules, at least 2000 hours played on the character and highest ratio of deaths/hour wins. Harbinger will have to supply another screenshot with his age to be eligible for this one and Varga can expect a little gift around Valentines or St Patties Day, whatever he prefers.

Wanze.8410

Active in PvE and WvW a lot, used to do SPvP a lot on him till I discovered Warrior easymode.

Just wait for the next balance patch:

Elite Warrior Shout: Kitten off!!!

Makes every player in stealth mode disconnect and uninstall the game.

Range: Map wide

CD: 20s

Wanze.8410

Heals for 4k AoE btw.

Wanze.8410

I have 9 level 80’s but for my main, a Guardian..

Age 1,908 hours on him with 3,705 hours between all toons
Deaths on the Guardian 3,577 by far the worst

92 hours to be eligible.

Wanze.8410

9176 Deaths
2676 hours 508 days

Cheers,

If you manage to make the thread remain on first page for some time, someone will beat me by a good margin.
Over 3 deaths an hour is not hard to achieve; in fact, it’s almost ensured in sPvP (not even talking about solo tries, SAB tribulation mode without guides, WvW solo roaming on superhero mode, Light Up the Darkness and a lot more).

What is this Light Up the Darkness mode you speak of? I want to die faster in wvw but Commander Sird and Caic are too good to let me.

Rising Dusk.2408

What is this Light Up the Darkness mode you speak of? I want to die faster in wvw but Commander Sird and Caic are too good to let me.

It was an achievement you could acquire during the Queen’s Jubilee that typically resulted in you dying a metric boatload of times to finally get it right. You can read more here. There are lots of youtube videos for it too.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I got over 10.6k deaths on my main, will post a screenshot tomorrow I think

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Vargamonth.2047

As Rising Dusk says, it was a Queen’s Gauntlet achievement that could neat over 20 fresh deaths / hour until completed :P

If you want to die more in WvW you just need to roam solo, always in some map where you’re outnumbered, and be sure you charge into every arguably small group (3 or less people could work) you spot XD

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Threads like this remind me there all kinds of different games that people call “Guild Wars 2” .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Vol.7601

Sorry, only died 2881 times

#tankguardian

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

And I thought my warrior’s complete lack of regard for any form of personal safety was pretty bad at 2300 deaths since headstart…but nope…you guys win the 2014 Lemming Award!!

Doggie.3184

I don’t even like stealth tbh. But they refuse to let me use viable stealthless builds atm.
I miss my GW1 Assassin.

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

The more you PvP, the more you die.

Deaths: 5367

That’s roughly 3 deaths per hour.

Attachments:

Doggie.3184

9176 Deaths
2676 hours 508 days

Cheers,

Aside from Super Adventure Box World 2 Zone 2 Tribulation Mode; Light up the Darkness was one of the most frustrating and difficult things I ever experienced in a video game~ it was a Boss you had to 1 on 1 during a Living Story event for the Achievement. 300-500 of my deaths are probably from Liadri, lol.

As for Super Adventure Box. Probably 1000+ of my deaths were from World 2 Zone 2 and Zone 3 Tribulation, which I ran through more than once because 1. I’m insane and 2. I like pee weapons. :o

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

1155 hours, 1098 deaths, 508 days.
No need to include a screenshot since I didn’t win.
Oh well, at least I’ve played the longest XD

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Here is the screenshot:

Attachments:

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Mash Hog.5672

Mash Hog.5672

I have all of you losers beat. :P

I have 4.5k hours logged on my Elementalist with 15k+ deaths.
Screenshots incoming!

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy
Leader of [GASM] #ELEtism
(Retired) Commander [2500+ tPvP Matches Won]

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

This thread makes me wonder why I’m so scared to try PvP. Honestly. Who cares how many times you kitten die, right? I been playing for over a year and have about 1300 hours in and I’m sure my deaths are pretty low. I really want to jump into PvP now and up my deaths!!!

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Wanze.8410

Sorry, only died 2881 times

#tankguardian

slacker

#royalterraceresident

Wanze.8410

I updated my OP with competition rules. There was a short confusion about hours played to be eligible. It will be 1500 hours and not 2000.
Scarlet kinda made me dizzy, someone go kill her please.